- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman

3803fad5d29b7416e8da08159d8eeff2.png
In the land of kings and monsters, the people prayed for mercy from the chaos and two gods answered. One a woman with a beauty beyond compare with flowing red hair streaked with golds of the sun and blues of the skies, and the other, a man with strength no one could best. The woman, goddess Mariun, bestowed upon her four chosen individuals objects that appeared unique only to the individual it was destined for but seemed no more than a broken trinket to those not worthy. The man, god Raoul, bestowed upon his four chosen armor that could withstand demonic magic and blades that could cut through the toughest skins. Lead by these merciful gods, they alone restored order to the chaos. It was they who founded the Order of the Destined.

362c6e505a955c7d0cac34b713ffa5f4.png
The Order of the Destined was founded by two gods, Mariun, goddess of magic and sorcery, the sky, will, and birds, and Raoul, god of earth, metal, politics, and war. Together with their Destined, they brought wonder and hope into a world were there seemed to be none. But once the two gods felt their work was done, they chose two of their destined to lead the order and continue their practise and bestowed upon them their last gift, and perhaps the most precious, knowledge to aid them in their noble quest for order.

A century had passed since the rise of the Order, and since then what started off as a humble organization has turned into one of the greatest forces of this time with branches in every kingdom far and wide. But the Castle-city of Haven was where their story had started, the seaside settlement transforming into the largest city in the kingdom, and perhaps all of the nine great kingdoms. In the center, the castle towering tall and proud over it's people. In honor of Mariun and Raoul, a queen and king with equal power are chosen to lead, and it is to them the Order has sworn their loyalty.

The Order itself resides in a now sprawling construct on the edge of the city. Built right up against the Grand Wall that protects the city of outside invasion and monstrous forces at works it houses numerous disciples with new children, whether born or recruited, coming in on a semi-regular basis, and masters that help guide these children into initiates. A work staff aids in the care of the residences and the up keep of the grounds, but are by no means servants. Disciples, initiates, members, and masters alike are expected to clean up after themselves and are in charge of their living spaces. The grounds can house children thirteen and older, keeping the younger disciples, children who are still training to become initiates, in rooms of four with two bunk beds and chests to store items, and the older disciples, those who have seen their fifteenth winter in rooms of two with two beds and chests. Once inituated upon seeing their eighteenth winter, they are given the choice to live off grounds. The younger disciples, children who are still learning about the world, often live in nursery houses off the grounds in clusters of seven with a woman and a man to look after them. Unless one or both of their parents belong to the Order, then they can stay with them until the age of thirteen.

Besides living spaces, the Order also has a large dining room where they serve three meals a day, kitchens where anyone other than kitchen staff is not allowed, training grounds for both martial and magical purposes, classrooms, and study halls. Upon entrance, one can find themselves in the main hall where announcenents are given, disciples are initiated, and members can find missions posted on the message board; however, personally assigned missions, while rare, can be arranged in many other ways. The local bath houses and other establishments such as the forges also serve the Order for recreational and intellectual purposes.

But not all is well. Recently, Destined, a pairing of one warrior of Raoul and one sorceress of Mariun, have been going missing during their assignments and the Order is starting to become worried, especially now when they are to initiate their graduating disciples and send them off on their first quest. Murmurings have started amongst the masters of whether or not they should proceed, or delay the initiation until the two missing parties can be found. If they do, it would the first initiation delayed since the Order of the Destined was established.

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: Nemopedia
I'm sorry ;~;. But huzzah! I'm in!
They look small to me on my computer. Hmmm =/

ANYWAY! I edited my post. I hope it's acceptable!

They do for me to. But phones and computers are two different things.

I do everything from a phone so everything is going to look different for me than you, and I kinda want to read my own Roleplay, least of all load it ^.^; Some roleplays/character sheets are image heavy and lag my phone.

• Creative
I use a lot of images in my character sheets. Sorry if that's a problem for you... I just love visual references.

No they're small and manageable. Though I did request you use one image and link the rest in he rules e.e Which I should really enforce before someone does fill their sheet with images that do make it hard to load and then point the finger at you guys v.v;

• Creative
I try to host my images on my own site and keep the actual size manageable instead of linking a full size image. I hope they don't bother anyone... I have an incredibly slow connection and mine seems to be doing fine... I run at around 144 Mbps which is actually really slow. Stupid Century Link

I just changed the rule to include small images v.v; I didn't think asking people to use just one image would be an actual problem.

• Creative
Have you approved my CS yet or do you need more time to review your posts and edit things?

WIP

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hex Code: Italics #00FFFF[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: Ivory Thanebrode[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Bi-gender [He,she][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 18 [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]+(-) Too Charitable[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]+(-) Dry sense of humor[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]+ Willing to help[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]+ Kind[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]+ Formal[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Cynical[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Distaste for rich[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Blunt direct[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Role: Warrior Sorcerer[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Destined Object: Flute[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Trinket: A Piss Yellow Kazoo, sounds like a cat dying.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Magic Source: Art (Sounds, Colors)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Transformation Appearance:[spoili]http://pre09.deviantart.net/73a3/th/pre/i/2014/231/8/a/jester_jazz_by_mar_93-d7vwlo4.jpg[/spoili][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Everyday Appearance:[spoili]http://img08.deviantart.net/ef62/i/2015/259/2/7/tonfa_wielder_wip_by_mar_93-d99vbrh.jpg[/spoili][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Spells[/BCOLOR]
Dancing Lights: Creates an uncontrollable temporary dance of distracting lights.

Throw Voice: The caster can throw a voice at a target.

Mage Hand: Minor telekinesis that can make things float of weight of 5 pounds

Lullaby of Zephyr: Caster sings/plays a mystifying song that makes the target drowsy if they fall asleep when they awake they will have a boon that boosts their Speed.

[BCOLOR=transparent]■■■■[/BCOLOR] Power
[BCOLOR=transparent]■■■■■[/BCOLOR] Control
[BCOLOR=transparent]■■■■■■■[/BCOLOR] Speed
[BCOLOR=transparent]■■■■■■■■■■[/BCOLOR] Offensive
[BCOLOR=transparent]■■■■[/BCOLOR] Defensive
[BCOLOR=transparent]■■■■■■[/BCOLOR] Healing
Combat
[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapon: Steel Reinforced Wooden Tonfa[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Attacks [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Tonfa Rays: Makes a light ribbon out of the edge of the Tonfa, it only happen when in intense motion like combat or dancing[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Bar Block: Bars an attacker from attacking Ivory while also enabling to her push back with more force.[/BCOLOR]

■■■■ Strength
■■■■■ Perception
■■ Endurance
■■■■■ Agility
■■■■ Intelligence
Biography:

WIP

Relationships:
WIP

Initiation Ceremony

Last edited:
Have you approved my CS yet or do you need more time to review your posts and edit things?
I didn't know you were done :o Sorry, but you need to tell me o.o; Guessing isn't exactly a good practice for a GM. I something to do right now but after I'm I'll get to it ASAP ^.^

@Neko_Green, yeah, you can be agender, non binary, bigender whatever you like ^.^

Last edited:
  • Creative
Magic Source: Dranas magic is an innate family inheritance. Her ability encompasses most elements, though air is most difficult for her since comprehension for her involves understanding of the element and she cannot see wind or air moving as she manipulates it. Fire is easy for her, as is earth.

You're still making it sound like she can use more than one element.

Rupture Earth: Causes the earth to rupture beneath her targets inflicting massive piercing damage from beneath and can swallow smaller targets whole. (Area of Effect spell)

It can do one or the other at this point, but it can't do both o.o; Either piercing damage or swallowing small things. Which ever you choose leaves the other to be added on later.

• 15 Years old - Learned how to influence plant life with her magic and shape plants to her desires

Plants and Earth are two different elements, sorry. Think Earth benders from avatar. They can control just rock, and even powerful ones can control metal, but can't control plants. Poison Ivy, on the other hand, can control plants, but not earth. with that said...

Benevolence: Absorbs life from the earth, plants, and animals around the caster to heal a friendly target for a small amount of health. Only minor wounds can be treated with this method. Effect takes place over a short duration of time. (Heal over Time spell)

The way this spell would work is taking life energy from plants through the earth. Earth has to be used as a conduit and has to be present for the spell to work. She can't influence plants directly.

• 14 Years old - Joined the academy for tutoring and magical learning for Sorceresses

The Order teaches you magic, so no Academy required o.o

Also, is the second image her ever day attire? Just so you know, she wouldn't have horns when not transformed.

• Creative
Am I still on time? If so, plz reserve will post properly when I get home today.

Please read my rules on reservation o.o But yes, there's still room :)

• Creative
I want to make sure my character idea is sound before I continue on my CS. Like is a noble born bard, warrior sorcerer ok?

That sounds like one too many things o.o; You can either be a bard or a noble, but not both since you're also a warrior sorcerer.

• This Gives Me Plot Bunnies
Cast list updated :D I'm not entirely sure if it's mobile friendly since I coded it on the computer but I'm a sucker for pretty code ;^; Images won't be added until accepted and even then they probably won't be added until I can get back on the computer o.o;

@Lylith, just realized your character doesn't have a last names. Any particular reason for this?

That sounds like one too many things o.o; You can either be a bard or a noble, but not both since you're also a warrior sorcerer.
OK I will take out the noble part. Since her mechanical stuff is more bard, the noble was more of her background and personality.

Ugh I need to stop doing these things while doing something else. Being a Bard, a Warrior, and a Sorceress is way too many things D: Your character wouldn't be able go put focus on one or the other and would pretty mediocre at any one of them. Being a Noble Warrior Sorceress is fine. Being a Noble Bard is fine. But she can't be a Bard Warrior Sorceress.

EDIT: Also, does you character identify as female?

Ugh I need to stop doing these things while doing something else. Being a Bard, a Warrior, and a Sorceress is way too many things D: Your character wouldn't be able go put focus on one or the other and would pretty mediocre at any one of them. Being a Noble Warrior Sorceress is fine. Being a Noble Bard is fine. But she can't be a Bard Warrior Sorceress.

EDIT: Also, does you character identify as female?
I took out the Warrior, I just added the Warrior part because she used a Tonfa and has some abilities with it. However, I understand. She identifies as Bi-gender, but since her pictures look more feminine if you want I can make her just female.

Status
Not open for further replies.