- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman

3803fad5d29b7416e8da08159d8eeff2.png
In the land of kings and monsters, the people prayed for mercy from the chaos and two gods answered. One a woman with a beauty beyond compare with flowing red hair streaked with golds of the sun and blues of the skies, and the other, a man with strength no one could best. The woman, goddess Mariun, bestowed upon her four chosen individuals objects that appeared unique only to the individual it was destined for but seemed no more than a broken trinket to those not worthy. The man, god Raoul, bestowed upon his four chosen armor that could withstand demonic magic and blades that could cut through the toughest skins. Lead by these merciful gods, they alone restored order to the chaos. It was they who founded the Order of the Destined.

362c6e505a955c7d0cac34b713ffa5f4.png
The Order of the Destined was founded by two gods, Mariun, goddess of magic and sorcery, the sky, will, and birds, and Raoul, god of earth, metal, politics, and war. Together with their Destined, they brought wonder and hope into a world were there seemed to be none. But once the two gods felt their work was done, they chose two of their destined to lead the order and continue their practise and bestowed upon them their last gift, and perhaps the most precious, knowledge to aid them in their noble quest for order.

A century had passed since the rise of the Order, and since then what started off as a humble organization has turned into one of the greatest forces of this time with branches in every kingdom far and wide. But the Castle-city of Haven was where their story had started, the seaside settlement transforming into the largest city in the kingdom, and perhaps all of the nine great kingdoms. In the center, the castle towering tall and proud over it's people. In honor of Mariun and Raoul, a queen and king with equal power are chosen to lead, and it is to them the Order has sworn their loyalty.

The Order itself resides in a now sprawling construct on the edge of the city. Built right up against the Grand Wall that protects the city of outside invasion and monstrous forces at works it houses numerous disciples with new children, whether born or recruited, coming in on a semi-regular basis, and masters that help guide these children into initiates. A work staff aids in the care of the residences and the up keep of the grounds, but are by no means servants. Disciples, initiates, members, and masters alike are expected to clean up after themselves and are in charge of their living spaces. The grounds can house children thirteen and older, keeping the younger disciples, children who are still training to become initiates, in rooms of four with two bunk beds and chests to store items, and the older disciples, those who have seen their fifteenth winter in rooms of two with two beds and chests. Once inituated upon seeing their eighteenth winter, they are given the choice to live off grounds. The younger disciples, children who are still learning about the world, often live in nursery houses off the grounds in clusters of seven with a woman and a man to look after them. Unless one or both of their parents belong to the Order, then they can stay with them until the age of thirteen.

Besides living spaces, the Order also has a large dining room where they serve three meals a day, kitchens where anyone other than kitchen staff is not allowed, training grounds for both martial and magical purposes, classrooms, and study halls. Upon entrance, one can find themselves in the main hall where announcenents are given, disciples are initiated, and members can find missions posted on the message board; however, personally assigned missions, while rare, can be arranged in many other ways. The local bath houses and other establishments such as the forges also serve the Order for recreational and intellectual purposes.

But not all is well. Recently, Destined, a pairing of one warrior of Raoul and one sorceress of Mariun, have been going missing during their assignments and the Order is starting to become worried, especially now when they are to initiate their graduating disciples and send them off on their first quest. Murmurings have started amongst the masters of whether or not they should proceed, or delay the initiation until the two missing parties can be found. If they do, it would the first initiation delayed since the Order of the Destined was established.

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: Nemopedia
I was just double checking sorry ^.^; Once you have everything you want done, done tell me and I'll accept you :3

• Creepy
You need any specific roles filled in at the moment? I was thinking about being a female warrior, though, regardless of what role, I'd prefer to be a Late Protagonist Snowflake thing as I'm not too fond of pre-established PC relationships in most cases!

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
I currently have more warriors than sorceresses but if you want to be a female warrior go for it :) Come Thursday any one from the interest check who hasn't replied looses their spots so more players can join in (namely Asuras and Zombehs respectively).

• Creepy
So, what's going on now?

Okay, if no one else has posted sheets here yet then chances are they're not going to so @Asuras, @Zombehs you're welcome to join if you're still interested. There's two sorceress spots left and one warrior spot left if I'm not mistaken, and if you have a spot in particular in mind please read my rules on reservations :) I'll open the remaining spot up to whoever else is interested.

Once everyone gets their sheets up and accepted we'll begin ^.^

• Creepy
Well, after some thought and talking with people I decided to make a sorceress instead of a warrior, seeing how we lack them more too!

Note: Everything I mention here is in consideration with getting greater power later in the rp

However, having inspected the character sheet more closely right now I am also a bit put off at the elemental-clause. Mainly I had an idea alongside a theme of illusions/portals/connections/(pocket-)dimensions mainly in form of 'constructed'/'summoned' mirrors with a slight touch of 'temporary enchanting'.

To give some examples:
Able to use two mirrors for traveling.
Storing 'entities' into mirrors.
Conjuring illusions(classical if you don't believe it it won't hurt you deal) of all kind. Those, however, do need preparation hence storing them beforehand.
Able to create objects out of 'glass' and enchant them with 'properties'. For example a glass sword that has the property of being sharp, robust and burns. So kinda a magical flaming sword. Now, I do realize that the process of 'enchanting objects' is a pretty big thing only a few can do. Henceforth, it is by no means similar to that. The deal with it was that thanks to her 'element', being that magical glass(mirror) stuff, they are very receptive/attuned to magic - making them also so much more fragile. For starters, all I had planned was her simply pumping "raw magic" into a weapon and then being able to attacking something with it. The weapon, however, would break after just one strike. Just like with the "illusions", those need time to create as well. Not to mention that 'simply existing' (after being infused) puts enough pressure on the container that they would break after a short amount of time. Henceforth the deal of storing them in a separate (pocket)-dimension as well until they need to be used.

When talking about 'creating' them it could go from a few seconds(which is, in a fight, still a lot) to minutes or maybe even hours(who knows? Definitely nothing for the beginning though).

Now, it may sound rough and edgy cheesy here and there but I had that idea before checking the CS template for magic stuff and pretty much just wrote it out from the top of my head.

"Elemental" Is pretty much just a generic term for anyone who can use a nature base magic (example: Pacen uses Lightning and Aurora use Frost). You don't have to use an element though, as long as you stick to one theme or magic source and not trying to do spells that aren't in any way related to one another (like having a sound based spell and a color based spell). Does that make sense?

"Elemental" Is pretty much just a generic term for anyone who can use a nature base magic (example: Pacen uses Lightning and Aurora use Frost). You don't have to use an element though, as long as you stick to one theme or magic source and not trying to do spells that aren't in any way related to one another (like having a sound based spell and a color based spell). Does that make sense?
Yes it does, so would my examples still fit one theme or is that already too diverse for you?

Yes it does, so would my examples still fit one theme or is that already too diverse for you?

Magical Glass is an acceptable magic source, but what you're planning to do with it I'm iffy about. Especially the enchantment power thing. Enchanting is supposed to something only the Grand Sorceress can do and what your spell does sounds really similar to enchanting an item but with the added bonus of being brittle. I would also need you to explain how the illusions are created and work.

• Creepy
9d8bc70cabacdd07e364480e08fb6ebe.png

- Alphabetized Worldly Information
- Added Bestiarium and Combat under Worldly Information.
- Added Terrorling Entry to Bestiarium:
Terrorling
A demon that normally runs in packs of 8-16. They're small creatures that stand as high as the average man's knee with round bodies that taper off into a tail thick with muscle and supported on two strong legs each with three toes equipped with sharp claws. They're faster than their builds would otherwise suggest and excellent jumpers, which makes up for their short arms. What really makes a Terrorling dangerous, however, are their two rows of sharp teeth that are more than capable of ripping through armor and crushing bone.

Known Skills & Abilities:
- They will first surround their enemy then lunge at then from behind. They will then latch on to their target with their sharp teeth and claw with their hind legs.
- They can use their tails to deal physical damage. Hard enough to leave a nasty mark and dent metal.
- They have a keen sense of smell
- Fast and good at dodging.
- They squawk to alert nearby Terrorlings or to call a retreat.

Known Weaknesses:
- They have no natural armor to speak of.
- They have no known natural resistances.
- While they may have a pack mentality that aren't extremely intelligent but can show some cleverness where it counts

I'll be adding more creatures to the Bestiarium as we go along but if you have any suggestions I would like to hear them ^.^

• Creepy
Most if not all of my suggestions would be Monster Hunter based because they've done monsters right.

So, how do stats apply to combat?

Are you saying I can't create monsters D:

Just messing with you :P Eh, I'm not entirely sure if I should allow for the direct inclusion of monsters from existing franchises, but I won't mind if you base a concept off an existing creature and put your own personal spin on it :)

So, how do stats apply to combat?

Stats are mostly for a visual reference to what your character can and cannot do. I always get that one person with a character who wants to do everything and I just can't think of a better way to limit a character's abilities v.v; Also helps with the whole "who's faster" or "who's stronger" arguement.

• Creepy
Scourge.
Averaging a height of 30 meters, Scourge have little to no fat on their body due to their high metabolism. Instead the majority of their body weight comes from densely packed muscles. With several rows of teeth inside it's mouth, it's lower jaw has several protrusions that have been theorized to be older teeth pushed out by newer teeth growing in. It's powerful hind legs give it a rocking gate, but those same legs have the power to crush boulders and shake the earth. A massive tail extends out from behind it, acting as a counter balance to the rather heavy front half and a brutal bludgeoning weapon when swung. When enraged, often times caused by those that wish to kill it, several muscle groups along it's back and tail inflame, swelling up and giving off a pale red hue. This is theorized to be a display of dominance to other Scourge, though this has yet to be seen.

Note
Do not attempt to fight this creature alone. If you and/or your partner encounters one in the wild, seek immediate help from one other pairing. If one is successfully slain, please inform the Order as soon as possible so it's corpse may be retrieved and studied further.

Known Skills & Abilities
-Scourges have rather keen senses, which help them on their never ending search for food. Sneaking up on one is near impossible.
-When enraged, an acidic ichor drips from it's mouth and any wounds it has received. This is thought to be a fast acting antibiotic to clean the wound as well as assist in the digestion. This ichor can etch steel. Combat while Scourge is enraged is ill advised.
-It's densely packed muscles gives it more strength then what it would appear at first glance.
-Protrusions on it's jaw are razor sharp and shred unprotected flesh easily.

Weaknesses
-It loses most of it situational awareness when fighting, making it possible to use the terrain to your advantage.
-Though large, it is far from nimble. One can run circles around it and in between it's legs if needed.
-It's hunger over rides most other functions. Thrown meat, tainted by a paralyzing agent, poison, or not at all, will distract it for a time being.
-Incredibly territorial. Perhaps the only thing that will stop one Scourge from chasing you, aside from a very tempting meal, would be another.

There's a monster for ya. I'm thinking of making another, something more humanoid and rather smart.

Xwpt1ZV.png

Kasesa Kyoubu

"Death moves on its own
No slower or faster than
men trying to run
"

[ F ♀ || 18 ]
[ #d96588 ]
SORCERESS​

Personality
[+] Graceful | Refined. Elegant. Collected. Kasesa carries herself with utmost respect for herself and her setting. She is quiet, courteous to others, and unobtrusive. Though she is not in any sense wary of the spotlight, she does not actively seek to place herself within it, and can just as easily wander out quietly.
[+] Connected | Active. Knowledgeable. Aristocratic. Hailing from (albeit foreign) royalty, Kasesa has made a point in her life to become acquainted, either through study or meeting, with the powerful souls of Haven and its kingdom. With it comes an understanding of how to behave, and the customs and channels associated with higher power in the world.
[+] Devoted | Faithful. Loyal. Concerned. To those deserving of her protection and care, Kasesa is an invaluable source of support. Someone significant to her is deserving of nothing less than her very life, should she have the chance to give it in their stead. There are few such people she gives her loyalty to directly, but those that earn it enjoy a boundless desire to help and care for.
[-] Obsessive | Stubborn. Single-minded. Relentless. Though she proceeds at a modest pace most of the time, Kasesa's set mind is not easily diverted from her target. When she has decided to do something, she rarely forgets about the intent, often focusing solely on it until completion. Gods forbid she becomes obsessed with someone rather than something.
[-] Incongruous | Fake. Disingenuous. Disguised. Peaceful, harmonious, and welcoming on the outside, spiteful, cold, and disinterested on the inside. Kasesa maintains a public appearance of civility and quiet friendliness with her peers, but is generally averse to many she meets, often due to perceived, almost paranoid slights and faults in their character.
[-] Subtle | Enigmatic. Roundabout. Faint. Perhaps a negative quality only to the less patient, Kasesa prefers to speak carefully, often in a poetic manner. Her words often have 'interpretations' to them when she's feeling especially playful, performed so simply to have fun with conversation. When pressed for answers directly, she is quick to drop the act, preferring peaceful interaction rather than aggressive confrontation.

Biography
  • [0] Kasesa is born to the Kyoubu family heads, Toruga and Yiseoki Kyoubu in the distant kingdom of _.
  • [3] Kasesa begins incorporation into the Order's _ Branch.
  • [6] The Kyoubu family is exiled from _ during a time of political turbulence. Seeking the best education for their daughter, they migrate to Haven.
  • [7] Kasesa is introduced to the Order of Haven, where she continues her education.
  • [15] Experiences with her arcane powers begins to focus her attention intensely on improving as a sorceress.
  • [18] Initiated.

Aurora :: Amused and entertained by the Aurora's more boisterous and bossy nature as a young child, Kasesa took towards playing "right-hand" of the playground queen. Partners in crime with inside jokes to spare, they were effectively best friends well into their young adulthood. As Kasesa grew older, however, she tended to stray from the playfulness she used to evoke; a strict household turned the noble girl away from frivolousness. They remain good friends, though Kasesa seems to purposefully play down her excitement around Aurora.

Aureolis Wolfblood :: Aware of the man early on into her introduction to Haven's Order, Kasesa noted Aureolis as a reliably contained and polite young boy. Forced many times to participate in aristocratic meetings with the brass of Haven, Kasesa frequently invited Aureolis to be her 'chaperone', clearly meant as a preventative measure. Kasesa detested being approached by boys her family urged her towards, and so she used Aureolis to help her. As her mannerisms became more and more eloquent, she further enjoyed his company for his similar behavior.

Destined Object: A lantern of ornate paper and wood that burns with a blue flame.
Trinket: A small bag of rusted coins tied to her wrist, often hidden underneath sleeves.
Magic Source: Pink Death
Transformation Appearance: Thin veils of silk adorn her natural clothing underneath, seemingly so light as to remain suspended in midair. A white lily appears upon her hair, situated just above her left eye alongside a veil that drapes over the left side of her face. Golden rings hang from the edge of her sleeves, dangling narrow slips of paper decorated with black ink symbols.
Everyday Appearance: Traditional _ wear, very frequently of the regal and aristocratic variety. Kasesa is apt to dress herself in colorful and clearly expensive clothing no matter the occasion; there is never a reason to pass up dressing her finest. The flowing nature of her typically long sleeves adds to the wispy, light appearance she takes on thanks to her silken leg-length hair. Her eyes cast a grassy green color alongside a warming, almost motherly gaze. She is a fairly tall woman at 5'8, with a figure cut to kill. If arrogant of nothing else, Kasesa is no stranger to her looks.

Spells:
  • Doom - A curse inflicted upon the enemy after a long channel, rendering any wounds they sustain more grievous.
  • Miasma - A spell augmenting Kasesa's presence with effects of debilitation.
  • Raise Dead - An enhancement upon a single dead body or remains, creating a minion.
  • Haunt - A spell that tethers Kasesa's intangible, invisible, spirit to a single individual. She cannot perform any other spells or interact with the world while this is maintained.
  • Lifecut - A ranged offensive spell that unleashes a spontaneous slash of arcane energy upon her target.

■■■■■■■■■■ Power 8
■■■■■■■■■■ Control 7
■■■■■■■■■■ Speed 5
■■■■■■■■■■ Offensive 5
■■■■■■■■■■ Defensive 6
■■■■■■■■■■ Healing 4

Initiation Ceremony

As with every day, Kasesa awoke quickly, but rose modestly. While her peers scrambled for readiness in anticipation of the ceremony (even those who weren't even to be initiated), Kasesa proceeded as normally as the previous morning. Clothing herself, enjoying breakfast in the sanctity of a lonesome balcony, she approached the time of her initiation with a quiet smile throughout.

Surrounded by curious onlookers and the fellows she had come to know since her arrival in Haven, Kasesa kept her composure, certain her time would come in but a short few minutes as the other Sorceresses received their just dues. Nervousness was lacking, replaced wholly by a warm feeling of success. There would be a time to consider her next direction, but for now, she would enjoy the inevitable feeling of holding her own Destined Object in the flesh.

"Kasesa Kyoubu," the Grand Sorceress called firmly. Fixing her cloth as she rose, Kasesa made for the stairs as if she were about to receive the crown of a kingdom. Hands clasped together, she kept her gaze fixated on the row of veils before her, never settling on one in particular. The moment it was revealed, that simple and yet gorgeous lantern, Kasesa could feel the connection through the very air. Her gaze channeled a feeling of longing that could be cut with scissors. Tied at her wrist, the feeling of accomplishment was overshadowed by companionship. Retreating back to the seating arrangement, she basked in the emotion for as long as it would hold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
You know, I'm curious now. Who will Gareth be paired with? And if what would they do if he were to pick them up and run away from something? From what I can tell, most of the sorceresses, both accepted and not, wouldn't appreciate it.

Scourge.
Averaging a height of 30 meters, Scourge have little to no fat on their body due to their high metabolism. Instead the majority of their body weight comes from densely packed muscles. With several rows of teeth inside it's mouth, it's lower jaw has several protrusions that have been theorized to be older teeth pushed out by newer teeth growing in. It's powerful hind legs give it a rocking gate, but those same legs have the power to crush boulders and shake the earth. A massive tail extends out from behind it, acting as a counter balance to the rather heavy front half and a brutal bludgeoning weapon when swung. When enraged, often times caused by those that wish to kill it, several muscle groups along it's back and tail inflame, swelling up and giving off a pale red hue. This is theorized to be a display of dominance to other Scourge, though this has yet to be seen.

Note
Do not attempt to fight this creature alone. If you and/or your partner encounters one in the wild, seek immediate help from one other pairing. If one is successfully slain, please inform the Order as soon as possible so it's corpse may be retrieved and studied further.

Known Skills & Abilities
-Scourges have rather keen senses, which help them on their never ending search for food. Sneaking up on one is near impossible.
-When enraged, an acidic ichor drips from it's mouth and any wounds it has received. This is thought to be a fast acting antibiotic to clean the wound as well as assist in the digestion. This ichor can etch steel. Combat while Scourge is enraged is ill advised.
-It's densely packed muscles gives it more strength then what it would appear at first glance.
-Protrusions on it's jaw are razor sharp and shred unprotected flesh easily.

Weaknesses
-It loses most of it situational awareness when fighting, making it possible to use the terrain to your advantage.
-Though large, it is far from nimble. One can run circles around it and in between it's legs if needed.
-It's hunger over rides most other functions. Thrown meat, tainted by a paralyzing agent, poison, or not at all, will distract it for a time being.
-Incredibly territorial. Perhaps the only thing that will stop one Scourge from chasing you, aside from a very tempting meal, would be another.

There's a monster for ya. I'm thinking of making another, something more humanoid and rather smart.

Hello Godzilla o.o Can I reduce the size down to 12 meters ^.^; That's the size of the largest recorded T-Rex.

Doom - A curse inflicted upon the enemy after a long channel, rendering their chances at life diminished.

This, uh, seems like an instant kill kind of thing o.o;

Haunt - A spell that tethers Kasesa to a single individual and renders her invisible and intangible. It is maintained so long as she remains close by the tethered individual. She cannot perform any other spells or interact with the world while this is maintained.

How about instead tethering her physical form she tethers her spirit? Leaving her body vulnerable? This could be a great infiltration spell that would also require outside assistance to assure her physical form isn't harmed?

• Creepy
Status
Not open for further replies.