- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman

3803fad5d29b7416e8da08159d8eeff2.png
In the land of kings and monsters, the people prayed for mercy from the chaos and two gods answered. One a woman with a beauty beyond compare with flowing red hair streaked with golds of the sun and blues of the skies, and the other, a man with strength no one could best. The woman, goddess Mariun, bestowed upon her four chosen individuals objects that appeared unique only to the individual it was destined for but seemed no more than a broken trinket to those not worthy. The man, god Raoul, bestowed upon his four chosen armor that could withstand demonic magic and blades that could cut through the toughest skins. Lead by these merciful gods, they alone restored order to the chaos. It was they who founded the Order of the Destined.

362c6e505a955c7d0cac34b713ffa5f4.png
The Order of the Destined was founded by two gods, Mariun, goddess of magic and sorcery, the sky, will, and birds, and Raoul, god of earth, metal, politics, and war. Together with their Destined, they brought wonder and hope into a world were there seemed to be none. But once the two gods felt their work was done, they chose two of their destined to lead the order and continue their practise and bestowed upon them their last gift, and perhaps the most precious, knowledge to aid them in their noble quest for order.

A century had passed since the rise of the Order, and since then what started off as a humble organization has turned into one of the greatest forces of this time with branches in every kingdom far and wide. But the Castle-city of Haven was where their story had started, the seaside settlement transforming into the largest city in the kingdom, and perhaps all of the nine great kingdoms. In the center, the castle towering tall and proud over it's people. In honor of Mariun and Raoul, a queen and king with equal power are chosen to lead, and it is to them the Order has sworn their loyalty.

The Order itself resides in a now sprawling construct on the edge of the city. Built right up against the Grand Wall that protects the city of outside invasion and monstrous forces at works it houses numerous disciples with new children, whether born or recruited, coming in on a semi-regular basis, and masters that help guide these children into initiates. A work staff aids in the care of the residences and the up keep of the grounds, but are by no means servants. Disciples, initiates, members, and masters alike are expected to clean up after themselves and are in charge of their living spaces. The grounds can house children thirteen and older, keeping the younger disciples, children who are still training to become initiates, in rooms of four with two bunk beds and chests to store items, and the older disciples, those who have seen their fifteenth winter in rooms of two with two beds and chests. Once inituated upon seeing their eighteenth winter, they are given the choice to live off grounds. The younger disciples, children who are still learning about the world, often live in nursery houses off the grounds in clusters of seven with a woman and a man to look after them. Unless one or both of their parents belong to the Order, then they can stay with them until the age of thirteen.

Besides living spaces, the Order also has a large dining room where they serve three meals a day, kitchens where anyone other than kitchen staff is not allowed, training grounds for both martial and magical purposes, classrooms, and study halls. Upon entrance, one can find themselves in the main hall where announcenents are given, disciples are initiated, and members can find missions posted on the message board; however, personally assigned missions, while rare, can be arranged in many other ways. The local bath houses and other establishments such as the forges also serve the Order for recreational and intellectual purposes.

But not all is well. Recently, Destined, a pairing of one warrior of Raoul and one sorceress of Mariun, have been going missing during their assignments and the Order is starting to become worried, especially now when they are to initiate their graduating disciples and send them off on their first quest. Murmurings have started amongst the masters of whether or not they should proceed, or delay the initiation until the two missing parties can be found. If they do, it would the first initiation delayed since the Order of the Destined was established.

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: Nemopedia
  • Wicked
Will be posting tomorrow! (or the day after)

@Noctis the Devious
Huh...still a bit confused here.

Is there any disadvantage at all about being a magic knight or a melee sorceress? Seems like they just get to be the class they start as...but also have the ability to do extra things?

Working on a post right now~

Elhinder

The Elhinder tree grows in the hilly lands of Uyand. These trees grow in moderately sized copses away from most other trees and to an incredible size. These trees have been known to be hollowed out and used as homes, the most surprising part being the survival of the tree afterwards. The Elhinder is shown on the flag of Uyand, and local legends tell of a massive Elhinder holding the world together.

Elhinder trees grow massive fruits that you'd think would be used in meals and as a food source. However, the flesh of these fruits is extremely bitter, and the sweet core is slightly poisonous, making the remainder of the day for the one that consumed it rather uncomfortable. Though bitter, the flesh of the fruit is used sparingly in some dishes served in high society. And though poisonous, the core is sold to foolish traveler for a shiny silver piece.

Information
- The Elhinder's wood, and bark for that matter, is remarkably strong. Elhinder shields are as tough as some metal shields, but remain remarkably light.
- Juice from the Elhinder fruit can be used to make a tonic to keep even the drowsiest person awake, if only because of the extremely bitter taste it leaves behind.
- Elhinder wood should not be used for a fire. Even thoroughly dried it smokes like wet wood, though the smoke itself smells fairly pleasant.

@Noctis the Devious do you mind if I introduce a Master Pliskin that organize a survival training camp among the Warrior Disciples?

Sorry guys, I'll have to get to this tomorrow. I'm kind of having a tough time right now, but I haven't forgotten your questions or anything.

• Wicked
...not good honestly. I hate to say it but I don't think right now is a good time for me to be gming v.v; I'll have to step down. Sorry guys. If anyone wants to set up and GM in my place by all means.

...not good honestly. I hate to say it but I don't think right now is a good time for me to be gming v.v; I'll have to step down. Sorry guys. If anyone wants to set up and GM in my place by all means.
I'm sorry to hear that, here's hoping it improves soon. Don't you worry about this all, it's unfortunate but IRL takes priority. Thank you for your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.