Status
Not open for further replies.
Major Idiot, reporting for duty. I mistakenly pinged Sail instead of @Shinku⭐Kun in my post.
I really feel bad about all these mistakes. Sorry, my mind's been in pieces lately and I'm just trying to find some TLC to keep it together. Hopefully it won't barf logic errors across any more posts of mine in the future. :c
Well, then... I just found out that you and gamer5 tagged me in posts, so sorry for not finding out sooner. I was waiting for Sol's reply, but I guess I can work out something with your posts. It'll be up soon.

OH, I totally forgot that Naia replied. Derp. Sorry about that. Guess I was too busy figuring out where everyone was to remember dialogues xD

Hmm.... shouldn't demons be able to sense the souls that Key has following him, since they are the natural food source for a demon? Or did key just make them invisible to all but the harbingers?

Hmm.... shouldn't demons be able to sense the souls that Key has following him, since they are the natural food source for a demon? Or did key just make them invisible to all but the harbingers?
Well invisible to the typical people. I imagine certain races can see them, or failing that, sense them.

A demon would be able to sense them, yes. However, Kaessya is not in Key's group -- unless we somehow got mixed up again.

I forgot to do this earlier, but I've just edited in Neptune's full character image to her BIO. ^^

I'll throw my race up first, then I'll hit the hay and write up a character later.

Name singular: Nevermade
Name plural: Nevermade

Powers/Abilities:
-Selective Intangibility:
They can phase through most things except things that target them. For example, they can phase through a generic wall, but not a wall created by an earthbender for containing them (at least, until the universe forget after awhile). They can phase through people if they don't try to stop them, and they can phase through bullets unless the bullets were aimed at them.

Superposition Teleport: if no one know where they are exactly, they can perform an off-screen teleport. You don't need to directly observe them. For example, if one of them leave the room and go to the toilet, you know he's in the toilet, so he can't teleport out.

However, after awhile, that knowledge become dated. You don't know he is in the toilet. You saw him enter the toilet and didn't see him exit. He could have climbed through the window or something. He can now teleport out.

Otherness: They are not a part of any creation, any paradigm, so trying to read their minds or directly predicting their actions using magic or technology may lead to headaches. They are still surprising normal and comprehensible in mentality though, so you can easily construct a profile of them and make guesses off of that.

High strength and durability: Not a racial feature, but properties of their armors. A breach could cause the existential failure of the occupant and damage to reality, so they cannot cut corners.

Lifespan:
While technically immortal, the Nevermade are also unstable and deteriorate when exposed to other realities, thus imposing a loose lifespan on them. Nevermade who has deteriorated too much must return to Haven for healing.

Physical description: If someone look at a Nevermade's 'natural' form, they will see a rather maddening vortex of wrongness and not-meant-to-be that can potentially drive someone insane. Their true forms cannot be perceived, described, drawed, or memorised, simply because they are not compatible with any instance of reality. Existence is just not capable of acommodating them.

Instead, the Nevermade use suits of full body armors whenever they wish to interact with the rest of creation. These suits, essentially little pocket universes tailored to accomodate the wrongness of a Nevermade, vary from person to person, but the Nevermade seem to enjoy an universal knight theme.

Cultural description:
The Nevernade are wanderers and nomads, endlessly moving from one place to the next out of both nessessity and wanderlust. They believe that all of them are on a quest, looking for that missing component that will make whole and be accepted by creation once more.

Usually, the Nevermade shy away from the spotlight and try not to interfere too much. However, they also have a strong, even misguided sense of justice when it come to discrimination, isolation, and bullying.

Realm:
-The Haven: A massive Nevermade, perhaps the first one. The Haven is a sentient and sapient cologmerate of broken and discarded realities smashed into each other. The Haven freely wonders the Divide, offering the only place where the Nevermade are not rejected on a fundemental level.

Other:
-Due to their suits being very heavily armored, the Nevermade are usually slow and ponderous. The reason for this is that even a minor breach would lead to catastrophic existential failure for the occupant, and such all suits are equipped with an inch of steel at the very least.
-Many describe a feeling of unease and agitation in the presence of a Nevermade, and animals often react very poorly. This is natural response for a living thing when the subconscious is confronted with something that is simply not meant to be.
-There are less kind words to call them: Abominations, Aberrants, Unwanted, Rejected...

Short description: Discarded and unwanted errors since the creation of the multiverse that had coalesced into beings and form minds of their own.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Luma
I'll throw my race up first, then I'll hit the hay and write up a character later.

Name singular: Alien
Name plural: Aliens

Powers/Abilities: The Aliens can call upon their flawed existence to briefly cancel out the ways things are supposed to work, essentially nulifying a tiny aspect of reality. The way they do this is similar to matter-anttimater anihilation, and they lose a portion of their being each time.

Lifespan: N/A

Physical description: If someone look at an Alien's 'natural' form, they will see a rather maddening vortex of wrongness and not-meant-to-be that can potentially drive someone insane. Their true forms cannot be perceived, described, drawed, or memorised, simply because they are not compatible with any instance of reality. Existence is just not capable of acommodating them.

Instead, the Aliens use suits of full body armors whenever they wish to interact with the rest of creation. These suits, essentially little pocket universes tailored to accomodate the wrongness of an Alien, vary from person to person, but the Aliens seem to enjoy an universal knight theme.

Cultural description: The Aliens are wonderers and nomads, endlessly moving from one place to the next out of both nessessity and wonderlust. They believe that all of them are on a quest, looking for that missing component that will make and whole and be accepted by creation one more.

Usually, the Aliens shy away from the spotlight and try not to interfere too much. However, they also have a strong, even misguided sense of justice when it come to discrimination, isolation, and bullying.

Realm:
-The Haven: A massive Alien, perhaps the first one made. The Haven is a sentient and sapient cologmerate of broken and discarded realities smashed into each other. The Haven freely wonders the Divide, offering the only place where the Aliens are not rejected on a fundemental level.

Other:
-Due to their suits being very heavily armored, the Aliens are usually slow and ponderous. The reason for this is that even a minor breach would lead to catastrophic existential failure for the occupant, and such all suits are equipped with an inch of steel at the very least.
-Many describe a feeling of unease and agitation in the presence of an Alien, and animals often react very poorly. This is natural response for a living thing when the subconscious is confronted with something that is simply not meant to be.
-There are less kind words to call them: Abominations, Aberrants, Unwanted, Rejected...

Short description: Discarded and unwanted errors since the creation of the multiverse that had coalesced into being and form minds of their own.
I don't have time to give this a thorough look right now, but the name "alien" might get a bit confusing. We currently have lots of races that would count as "aliens" in the sense that they're from a different planet, so I'm just worried that confusion could easily crop up between the more general use of the word "alien" and your certified AliensTM​.

I'll come back and look at the rest later.

The Aliens can call upon their flawed existence to briefly cancel out the ways things are supposed to work, essentially nulifying a tiny aspect of reality.
Uhhhh.

That sounds extremely vague and open to abuse. o_o Care to elaborate...?

Lifespan: N/A
If they're immortal, then go ahead and put that down. If their lifespan varies dramatically based on a bunch of other factors, put that down. "N/A" really isn't an answer. :/

Other than those two things (and the name issue I mentioned earlier), this looks good to me. Fix up all of those things and I'll take another look at it.

I don't have time to give this a thorough look right now, but the name "alien" might get a bit confusing. We currently have lots of races that would count as "aliens" in the sense that they're from a different planet, so I'm just worried that confusion could easily crop up between the more general use of the word "alien" and your certified AliensTM​.

I'll come back and look at the rest later.
Yeah, that was what I was aiming for, actually. The word describes them well while is also generic enough to not have any negative connotation.

After all, they are alien to reality.

Uhhhh.

That sounds extremely vague and open to abuse. o_o Care to elaborate...?
I was so sleep deprived I don't think I know what I was writing.

For them, there is a distinction between things that is actively trying to interact with them and things that only interact with them passively.

So, they can phase through without trouble unless it was raised to stop them. If you are not trying to look for them, they can become invisible to you. If you is the only being in existence, and you're not certain where an Alien is, that Alien can teleport to another location which you are also not certain whether is he there or not.

Basically, existence isn't sure about what to do with an Alien and tries to ignore them and everything related to them as hard as possible unless something remind it.

Yeah, that was what I was aiming for, actually. The word describes them well while is also generic enough to not have any negative connotation.

After all, they are alien to reality.
But... it being generic is the problem I have with it. I don't want people to think that any reference to the "Aliens" just means that all not-earth creatures are under your ambassadorship.

I think you can come up with a name that isn't as likely to be misinterpreted as a classification that numerous other races here already fall into.

So, they can phase through without trouble unless it was raised to stop them. If you are not trying to look for them, they can become invisible to you. If you is the only being in existence, and you're not certain where an Alien is, that Alien can teleport to another location which you are also not certain whether is he there or not.
Ok then. Just list those abilities. That makes a lot more sense to me. o_o

But... it being generic is the problem I have with it. I don't want people to think that any reference to the "Aliens" just means that all not-earth creatures are under your ambassadorship.

I think you can come up with a name that isn't as likely to be misinterpreted as a classification that numerous other races here already fall into.
How about Nevermade? They were not intended to be created, after all. How do you pluralize it? Nevermades?
Ok then. Just list those abilities. That makes a lot more sense to me. o_o
OK.
-Selective Intangibility: They can phase through most things except things that target them. For example, they can phase through a generic wall, but not a wall created by an earthbender for containing them (at least, until the universe forget after awhile). They can phase through people if they don't try to stop them, and they can phase through bullets unless the bullets were aimed at them.

Superposition Teleport: if no one know where they are exactly, they can perform an off-screen teleport. You don't need to directly observe them. For example, if one of them leave the room and go to the toilet, you know he's in the toilet, so he can't teleport out.

However, after awhile, that knowledge become dated. You don't know he is in the toilet. You saw him enter the toilet and didn't see him exit. He could have climbed through the window or something. He can now teleport out.

Otherness: They are not a part of any creation, any paradigm, so trying to read their minds or directly predicting their actions using magic or technology may lead to headaches. They are still surprising normal andcomprehensible in mentality though, so you can easily construct a profile of them and make guesses off of that.

High strength and durability: technically not a racial feature, but a property of the armors they wear. They'll die and cause damage the I reality without the armor, so they cant cut corner.

That's a WAY better description of those powers, thanks. Just edit those into the race sheet, along with a unique name, and I think we can accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.