• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, I did skip Nightshade. Once Sail posts for Nighty I'll update it.

And yes, Azrael did check out the orbs briefly, but she flew to the ground before Luna and Kae started up there.

I DONE SCREWED UP.

Sun, moon, same difference? NOPE.
I'm going to edit my post right now, I mistakenly thought that Az, Kae and Sol were one group, but instead it's Az, Sol and Naia.

@gamer5 you'll be the one (as Naia) that Key's part of my post refers to, not @Luma. Sorry about the confusion.
I should have read the list more closely. >_>
In that case -- is all of this happening inside, or outside?

I was under the impression that the Java Squirrel was indoors and connected to the school, but your post makes it sound like Key is outside. That would make sense if he was interacting with Luna and Kaessya's group, but if you meant to say that he was in Sol's group, then... yeah, I don't know where this is taking place, physically.

Oh yeah, I did skip Nightshade. Once Sail posts for Nighty I'll update it.

And yes, Azrael did check out the orbs briefly, but she flew to the ground before Luna and Kae started up there.

I was under the impression that the Java Squirrel was indoors and connected to the school, but your post makes it sound like Key is outside. That would make sense if he was interacting with Luna and Kaessya's group, but if you meant to say that he was in Sol's group, then... yeah, I don't know where this is taking place, physically.
Outside of Java Squirrel
  • Sol
  • Naia
  • Azrael
Key is with this ^^^ group.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma

Sol's group is just outside of the Java Squirrel, so they're still outside.

Edit: dern ninjers. I'll just wait for Eru's edit.

Outside of Java Squirrel
  • Sol
  • Naia
  • Azrael
Key is with this ^^^ group.
Oh. Ok, but, I thought that the Java Squirrel was still connected to the school, therefore meaning that "outside the Java Squirrel" would still mean "inside" in the sense of "there is still a roof above these characters' heads". Were they supposed to be separate buildings all this time?

@Roose Hurro et al Was I the only one who assumed that the two structures were connected? O_o

Edit: dern ninjers. I'll just wait for Eru's edit.
Edited.
Oh. Ok, but, I thought that the Java Squirrel was still connected to the school, therefore meaning that "outside the Java Squirrel" would still mean "inside" in the sense of "there is still a roof above these characters' heads". Were they supposed to be separate buildings all this time?

@Roose Hurro et al Was I the only one who assumed that the two structures were connected? O_o
... I thought the front doors literally opened into the plaza. Is this incorrect?

Edited.

... I thought the front doors literally opened into the plaza. Is this incorrect?
Everyone keeps mentioning a "plaza" and I don't know what they're referring to. I just thought that the Java Squirrel was attached to another school building.

I don't know if I'm incorrect or not. I tagged Roose because he's the one who came up with the Java Squirrel in the first place so he's the only one who at least knows what the Java Squirrel was supposed to be like in the first place, regardless of how it may have gotten misinterpreted. :/

Still broken. You pinged Kaga, but Kae isn't in that group, Sol is. Also they don't look normal at all; Sol has her celestial halo and all 3 of them are shiny.

Everyone keeps mentioning a "plaza" and I don't know what they're referring to. I just thought that the Java Squirrel was attached to another school building.

I don't know if I'm incorrect or not. I tagged Roose because he's the one who came up with the Java Squirrel in the first place so he's the only one who at least knows what the Java Squirrel was supposed to be like in the first place, regardless of how it may have gotten misinterpreted. :/
I always pictured the school to be something like this, if you were looking out:

clannad_anime_school_clean_by_night_wolf23-d3eu3mh.jpg

The plaza would be behind the viewpoint of this picture, and all the buildings would be clustered about.

Still broken. You pinged Kaga, but Kae isn't in that group, Sol is. Also they don't look normal at all; Sol has her celestial halo and all 3 of them are shiny.
Haha I'm dumb.
walk of shame back to the editing table

I always pictured the school to be something like this, if you were looking out:

clannad_anime_school_clean_by_night_wolf23-d3eu3mh.jpg

The plaza would be behind the viewpoint of this picture, and all the buildings would be clustered about.
I guess that makes sense. But I was still picturing the Java Squirrel as being similar to, say, a Starbucks on a real-life college campus or a shopping mall. And in those cases, they're usually just part of an existing building instead of having a building all to themselves. That's usually what happens when a Starbucks is in that kind of setting. And since the concept of the Java Squirrel started out as an off-brand Starbucks, I assumed it would function similarly.

But, again, I guess it's up to Roose, as for what he had in mind.

I think I've finally fixed most errors in my post, then, aside from whether the Java Squirrel is contained within another building or not. But, I had previously assumed that it was separate in all my other posts, and I don't know whether correcting that fact would have to be applied retroactively (pls no).

I think I've finally fixed most errors in my post, then, aside from whether the Java Squirrel is contained within another building or not. But, I had previously assumed that it was separate in all my other posts, and I don't know whether correcting that fact would have to be applied retroactively (pls no).
I don't think it's necessary to edit all past posts -- but in this particular case it feels like it would make quite a difference as to whether it's attached to another building or not. So, it might be best to clear that up with Roose as soon as he's able.

Major Idiot, reporting for duty. I mistakenly pinged Sail instead of @Shinku⭐Kun in my post.
I really feel bad about all these mistakes. Sorry, my mind's been in pieces lately and I'm just trying to find some TLC to keep it together. Hopefully it won't barf logic errors across any more posts of mine in the future. :c

Either way, Sol is outside. Heck, Java Squirrel could be attached but have a back door. Either way, the only thing that would change is the group's distance to the JS, and we haven't really been paying it any mind, so it shouldn't break too much.

Major Idiot, reporting for duty. I mistakenly pinged Sail instead of @Shinku⭐Kun in my post.
I really feel bad about all these mistakes. Sorry, my mind's been in pieces lately and I'm just trying to find some TLC to keep it together. Hopefully it won't barf logic errors across any more posts of mine in the future. :c
At this point, pinging won't really make any difference regardless of whether or not you're pinging the right people -- since alerts only get sent out when a post is uploaded that contains a mention of someone, not when one is edited in.

Either way, Sol is outside. Heck, Java Squirrel could be attached but have a back door. Either way, the only thing that would change is the group's distance to the JS, and we haven't really been paying it any mind, so it shouldn't break too much.
Mmm. Fair enough.

At this point, pinging won't really make any difference regardless of whether or not you're pinging the right people -- since alerts only get sent out when a post is uploaded that contains a mention of someone, not when one is edited in.
Yes, which is why I've been actually pinging them in this thread, and editing in the proper names to my IC post.

Yes, which is why I've been actually pinging them in this thread, and editing in the proper names to my IC post.
Oh, I see now.

I guess that makes sense. But I was still picturing the Java Squirrel as being similar to, say, a Starbucks on a real-life college campus or a shopping mall.

But, again, I guess it's up to Roose, as for what he had in mind.

I actually saw it as being an independent structure on the edge of the quad/plaza. For some reason, I see Omnibus as a place that, perhaps, has been around for a long time, given the nature of the students. Around for at least a few centuries. So "modern" things like coffee shops would be "tack-ons". And since the quad/plaza would be the school's "social center" where students gather between classes, I saw this as a perfect place to put a coffee shop... as well as, perhaps, other little shops selling trinkets, books, donuts, coffee, tea. Fresh underwear....... :bsmile:

In my Java Squirrel intro, I should have been more clear.

• Useful
Reactions: Luma and Kagayours
Status
Not open for further replies.