Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously just bookmarked that page. Insanely useful for hard it is to get to that screen.
?? I don't think it's that hard to get to. It only takes one click -- two if you want to see the full list of threads instead of just the ones with unread posts.

Are you using mobile?

• Useful
Reactions: Luma
?? I don't think it's that hard to get to. It only takes one click -- two if you want to see the full list of threads instead of just the ones with unread posts.

Are you using mobile?
Oh, it's up there. Welp....good to know.

HEY EVERYONE

@chaosheart13 @Eruantien @gamer5 @Shinku⭐Kun @Luma @Psuedoku @Sail @Katharina @Takashi @Yorika @AnimeLover_Princess @Rowdybull @Roose Hurro

Recently, there have been a lot of issues with people not knowing which characters are in which group. Not only have there been a number of hiccups with one person making a post implying that one character is in a group that they actually aren't in (which can lead to a whole lot of confusion very quickly), but there have also been a number of instances where a character has joined an existing group, and none of the characters in that group acknowledged that anyone else joined them -- meaning that the newcomer doesn't have much to say by the time it's their turn again, because no one noticed them.

Now, it's understandable that all this confusion is happening, especially in our largest group right now (which I'll talk more about in a second). And while a lot of you have gotten into the habit of tagging everyone that you're in a group with, I don't want to require everyone to include tags in their posts -- especially since the tagging/alert system isn't always super reliable anyway, and relying on tags from other people can make things very screwy when someone forgets to include a tag, or tags the wrong person, or when someone doesn't realize that they've been tagged.

More to the point, what I want to say to everyone is -- pay attention to who is in your group when you go to post.

If you look at Luma's post on the first page (the one that contains the race/character lists, and so forth), you'll notice that there is now also a "where is everyone" tab, explaining which characters are in which groups. I recommend checking this list before posting, so that you can double-check that everyone is where you think they are. Unfortunately, it is impossible for this list to be 100% up-to-date all the time, so, if you think that the list might not be accurate, then don't be afraid to ask around to figure out where everyone is supposed to be. I'd much rather have a post be delayed a little bit in order to make sure everything's correct, than for a post to cause massive confusion and ultimately require said post (and possibly others) to need to be edited or even deleted in order to fix the mistake and get everyone back on the same page.

One other thing that I would suggest everyone does is, if your character is joining an existing group — please contact those other player(s) to tell them about this. Don't just tag them and assume they got the message. Please either PM or VM them (or even post in the OOC), and make sure you get a confirmation from them that they know that your character joined them. If they don't reply or acknowledge your post, then give them another poke, or come to me if you think the player(s) might be inactive or something.

NOW, ABOUT THE HUGE GROUP

The biggest group in the RP contains:
  • Deen
  • Ishika
  • Kaine
  • Neptune (unconscious)
  • Nova (sort of — more on this later)
  • Primary
  • Sail

Being such a big group, it's understandable that it's hard to keep track of. But I wanted to address it in particular to make sure everyone here stays on-top of all this.

@Sail recently PMed me saying that no one has noticed his character yet, so… be mindful of that. Sail is in your group. I did suggest that he includes some sort of action or dialogue in his post so that others can react to it, but, it won't make much of a difference if no one else in the group is aware that they should be reading Sail's posts.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing has been happening to Kaine's character. Please bear in mind that Kaine recently joined this group as well.

@gamer5 is due to post next in this group.

IceQueen has been dealing with a nasty sickness IRL apparently, which is why she hasn't been posting (and why I haven't been bugging her about posting). Due to this, her character (Nova) has fallen quite a ways behind… so I'm willing to count Nova as a free character at this point, and just have IceQueen re-introduce Nova however she sees fit, once she's actually well enough to join us again.

This group is so big that I wouldn't mind splitting it up sometime soon. However, I think we need to make sure we all know what's currently happening before we go around changing it again, lest we create more confusion…

HEY EVERYONE

More to the point, what I want to say to everyone is -- pay attention to who is in your group when you go to post.
I am guilty of this, and I'll try to be more careful in the future. o7

So, on another note, I'll now be addressing Key and that gaggle of girls... if you'd like to read up on the Mire, the Nül race sheet is a good place to get a bit of background: OPEN SIGNUPS - Omnibus Academy @Kagayours @Luma @Shinku⭐Kun

I used the "Where everyone is" sheet when I made my post so... eh? I'm sorry that I hadnt caught is sooner sorry

HEY EVERYONE

@chaosheart13 @Eruantien @gamer5 @Shinku⭐Kun @Luma @Psuedoku @Sail @Katharina @Takashi @Yorika @AnimeLover_Princess @Rowdybull @Roose Hurro

Recently, there have been a lot of issues with people not knowing which characters are in which group. Not only have there been a number of hiccups with one person making a post implying that one character is in a group that they actually aren't in (which can lead to a whole lot of confusion very quickly), but there have also been a number of instances where a character has joined an existing group, and none of the characters in that group acknowledged that anyone else joined them -- meaning that the newcomer doesn't have much to say by the time it's their turn again, because no one noticed them.

Now, it's understandable that all this confusion is happening, especially in our largest group right now (which I'll talk more about in a second). And while a lot of you have gotten into the habit of tagging everyone that you're in a group with, I don't want to require everyone to include tags in their posts -- especially since the tagging/alert system isn't always super reliable anyway, and relying on tags from other people can make things very screwy when someone forgets to include a tag, or tags the wrong person, or when someone doesn't realize that they've been tagged.

If you look at Luma's post on the first page (the one that contains the race/character lists, and so forth), you'll notice that there is now also a "where is everyone" tab, explaining which characters are in which groups. I recommend checking this list before posting, so that you can double-check that everyone is where you think they are. Unfortunately, it is impossible for this list to be 100% up-to-date all the time, so, if you think that the list might not be accurate, then don't be afraid to ask around to figure out where everyone is supposed to be. I'd much rather have a post be delayed a little bit in order to make sure everything's correct, than for a post to cause massive confusion and ultimately require said post (and possibly others) to need to be edited or even deleted in order to fix the mistake and get everyone back on the same page.

One other thing that I would suggest everyone does is, if your character is joining an existing group — please contact those other player(s) to tell them about this. Don't just tag them and assume they got the message. Please either PM or VM them (or even post in the OOC), and make sure you get a confirmation from them that they know that your character joined them. If they don't reply or acknowledge your post, then give them another poke, or come to me if you think the player(s) might be inactive or something.

NOW, ABOUT THE HUGE GROUP

The biggest group in the RP contains:
  • Deen
  • Ishika
  • Kaine
  • Neptune (unconscious)
  • Nova (sort of — more on this later)
  • Primary
  • Sail

Being such a big group, it's understandable that it's hard to keep track of. But I wanted to address it in particular to make sure everyone here stays on-top of all this.

@Sail recently PMed me saying that no one has noticed his character yet, so… be mindful of that. Sail is in your group. I did suggest that he includes some sort of action or dialogue in his post so that others can react to it, but, it won't make much of a difference if no one else in the group is aware that they should be reading Sail's posts.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing has been happening to Kaine's character. Please bear in mind that Kaine recently joined this group as well.

@gamer5 is due to post next in this group.

IceQueen has been dealing with a nasty sickness IRL apparently, which is why she hasn't been posting (and why I haven't been bugging her about posting). Due to this, her character (Nova) has fallen quite a ways behind… so I'm willing to count Nova as a free character at this point, and just have IceQueen re-introduce Nova however she sees fit, once she's actually well enough to join us again.

This group is so big that I wouldn't mind splitting it up sometime soon. However, I think we need to make sure we all know what's currently happening before we go around changing it again, lest we create more confusion…
got it
i'll make sure Seiko acknowledges the new folks in her next post

Reactions: Kagayours
Thus, when it came to picking an ambassador,
I'm concerned there might be a bit of confusion regarding the term "ambassador". Were you under the assumption that my use of the word "ambassador" in the OP meant that your character would be chosen as an in-universe ambassador for that race? Because, uh... that wasn't what that meant. I mean, it's fine if you want that to be your character's lore, but it's not like this is expected of all races in the RP. "Ambassador" in the context of the RP at large means "person who owns this race and determines the lore for it". Just a fancy word we like to use.

Like I said, though, you don't have to change anything about your character's lore if you want to go along with what you've got. I just wanted to clear up a potential source of confusion.

If you're fine with the CS as-is, then I say everything here looks ok. (But I want to hold off on officially accepting it until you confirm that you're ok with the backstory you chose -- because if you want to make edits, then I'll need to look at it again.)

I'm concerned there might be a bit of confusion regarding the term "ambassador". Were you under the assumption that my use of the word "ambassador" in the OP meant that your character would be chosen as an in-universe ambassador for that race? Because, uh... that wasn't what that meant. I mean, it's fine if you want that to be your character's lore, but it's not like this is expected of all races in the RP. "Ambassador" in the context of the RP at large means "person who owns this race and determines the lore for it". Just a fancy word we like to use.

Like I said, though, you don't have to change anything about your character's lore if you want to go along with what you've got. I just wanted to clear up a potential source of confusion.

If you're fine with the CS as-is, then I say everything here looks ok. (But I want to hold off on officially accepting it until you confirm that you're ok with the backstory you chose -- because if you want to make edits, then I'll need to look at it again.)
Ah, OK! Yeah, I was confused on the term Ambassador that you use, so I worked that into the story.

Well, in that case, I'll just edit that. No big changes or anything. Dove is just going to attend the Academy out of sheer interest and passion then.

Ah, OK! Yeah, I was confused on the term Ambassador that you use, so I worked that into the story.

Well, in that case, I'll just edit that. No big changes or anything. Dove is just going to attend the Academy out of sheer interest and passion then.
Ok then. Everything looks in-order to me!

Dove will be in room 520.

The Nevermade need to be put on the list. Other than that, awesome!

Anything I need to know?
The gravity was "turned off" a while back but has been fixed recently.

Several students have been found dead, so now there's a murder mystery.

The souls of those dead students were stolen by the sun, who is also a schoolgirl.

There's still a jelly bean flood causing havoc somewhere.

And, uh... I think that's everything.

The gravity was "turned off" a while back but has been fixed recently.

Several students have been found dead, so now there's a murder mystery.

The souls of those dead students were stolen by the sun, who is also a schoolgirl.

There's still a jelly bean flood causing havoc somewhere.

And, uh... I think that's everything.
Dove is going to feel right at home.

I'll try to read through everything and maybe fit in a post soon.

Dove is going to feel right at home.

I'll try to read through everything and maybe fit in a post soon.
Alright. Don't forget to use the "where is everyone" list on the first page when deciding what group to interact with, so that you don't get certain groups mixed up with others.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma
You forgot that Sol "teleported" some students to The Mule.
Well, yes, there's that -- but it really isn't important in regards to what a newcomer would need to know about what's happening around the school, so...

We now officially have a Mule! (You know, to go with the squirrels...)
Hah! I could actually picture this being either a massage place, or where they keep the less sentient creatures for biology classes.

Hah! I could actually picture this being either a massage place, or where they keep the less sentient creatures for biology classes.

Well, we have talking squirrels serving coffee... wouldn't be a far stretch to have mules giving massages. Heh. They'd probably be very good at it, what with having four hooves. If you don't mind having a sterile, hybrid equine walking up and down your spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.