Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this approved by Kaga somewhere that I missed? If so, it might be possible for you to contact Kaga and see if Naia would be able to bring any information forward for investigation.

wait no come back pleease you're important to this >_<
Neptune's literally screaming in your character's face. Who ya gonna call?
Ghost busters

Strictly speaking they could actually be a good fit for this situation. Hm.
Lol~ Sorry. Bad joke. But seriously right now like this second I am incapable of doing a good posty thing. I sleeps kinda

Lol~ Sorry. Bad joke. But seriously right now like this second I am incapable of doing a good posty thing. I sleeps kinda
Alrighty, I can't expect anyone to post so soon after my massive wall of text anyway. Nor am I the one to do so... but I'm glad I got that post out, now we have some more action to deal with.

And expect Key to be making his appearance very soon, hopefully in a day or two irl.

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Am I late for make a Sign-up?

Reactions: Stray Shinku
Again for the dozenth time. THIS RP IS ALWAYS OPEN. So you can't ever be to late or to soon to join.
Okay, and sorry for my stupidity, Please, don't send me to the gulag! x'D

I'll upload my character soon after I re-read the amazing races. They're so many that I cannot chose that easily!

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours
Okay, and sorry for my stupidity, Please, don't send me to the gulag! x'D

I'll upload my character soon after I re-read the amazing races. They're so many that I cannot chose that easily!
Oh hey there, you're the GM from that genderbend RP that filled up like a...um...something that fills really quickly. Hope that's still going well? Anyways yes, this is always open for new participants, races and characters.

Also, @Kagayours, sorry, I know I more-or-less-committed to bumping into Kae, so the delay is kinda on me. Now that all the busyness is wearing off I'll see if I can't kick myself into gear.

YEAH

*approvingly stabs a knife into the table* NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE!!

I do have one thing to point out. Like I mentioned previously Naia has most of the campus (expect for areas where it is not allowed for students to snoop around or where placing a portal would be rude, like in bathroom stalls or private rooms) under magical surveillance thanks to her portals. She would notice any large or disturbing event happening and would act upon it as soon as it starts.
If this was mentioned before, then I must admit I don't remember it. Still, I'm sure we could come up with some sort of magical explanation as to why the surveillance portals might briefly fail just long enough for... things to happen... If you're implying that Naia would've been able to prevent the deaths from happening.

If you're just saying that Naia would've seen things then, yeah, we can work with that.

Neptune's literally screaming in your character's face. Who ya gonna call?
IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE WE WILL BE CALLING PEOPLE WHOSE JOB IT IS TO DEAL WITH GHOSTS BUT NOT QUITE IN THAT WAY

• Love
Reactions: Eru
Again for the dozenth time. THIS RP IS ALWAYS OPEN. So you can't ever be to late or to soon to join.
Oi! *bops Gamer* Yes, we're always open, but there's no need to be rude about it! >:C

Oh hey there, you're the GM from that genderbend RP that filled up like a...um...something that fills really quickly.
The bottom half of a deformed hourglass with a wider-than-normal center.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma
The bottom half of a deformed hourglass with a wider-than-normal center.
Damn, these words full of wisdom have blown my mind and struck right into my kokoro!

@Eruantien I assume you're the ambassador of the Harbinger race. So, here are some questions:

—Can my character have a human-ish body/appearance to hide their "true appearance/body form"? I read they can have any shape they desire, but I'm just trying to make sure I understood that clearly.

—Also, can my character have a weapon? For example, the iconic scythe of the Shinigamis.

So I never realized how insanely similar Kae's humanoid form and Luna actually look until I had to write Kae's description from Luna's perspective. Heck, they both even eat things they shouldn't. Crazy.

Damn, these words full of wisdom have blown my mind and struck right into my kokoro!

@Eruantien I assume you're the ambassador of the Harbinger race. So, here are some questions:

—Can my character have a human-ish body/appearance to hide their "true appearance/body form"? I read they can have any shape they desire, but I'm just trying to make sure I understood that clearly.

—Also, can my character have a weapon? For example, the iconic scythe of the Shinigamis.
yes and yes. Key has a scythe too, but I didn't mention it yet... xP
small note, can you please contact me when you have some character ideas so we can discuss how the Harbingers would arrive at the Academy?

So I never realized how insanely similar Kae's humanoid form and Luna actually look until I had to write Kae's description from Luna's perspective. Heck, they both even eat things they shouldn't. Crazy.
Hah, yeah -- that reminds me, I was actually thinking that perhaps demons and Vori are distantly related somehow. They do seem to have a lot in common.

yes and yes. Key has a scythe too, but I didn't mention it yet... xP
small note, can you please contact me when you have some character ideas so we can discuss how the Harbingers would arrive at the Academy?
I will. For now, the only thing I can tell you is that I'm planning on creating a female which name will be Azrael. She will also have a mechanic and red-ish scythe which can switch forms and will also have an own mind. Which also reminds me to ask you if that is okay.

• Love
This took me the whole freaking day, but it worth it! Hope everything's fine and please, tell me if there is stuff that needs to be added or changed or whatever.

Name: Azrael
Race: Harbinger
Apparent Age: 17 years old
Actual Age: 13.7 Billion Years

Detailed Description of her Appearance: Azrael is a beautiful female that's 5'.5", pretty short compared to other beings of her race. Her straight and long hair (reaching the middle of her tights) is pure white, which sometimes shines at nights of full moon. Her stunning eyes are bright red, which changes depending on the power she uses:

•On Penance Stare: her eyes shine and pupils dilate. This effect lasts until she blinks once to stop using the ability.
•On Severing: the bright red of her eyes turns into a deep scarlet before "harvesting" the soul of her victim.
•When manipulating the weather: her eyes stays normal.

Her skin is a soft tone of pale, almost looking like cream. Surprisingly, it doesn't have any impurities or scars, which gave out the idea that Azrael takes a good care of it. Her breasts have a decent size, C-cup to be precisely, and her body proportions are almost perfect and really attractive and sexy. Still, this is something that Azrael actually don't give that much care or think about like most human girls do. She thinks that it's a waste of time getting so stressed or depressed about mundane subjects and that everybody should be happy with what they were given. Also, this is the form she decided to look like for hiding her true form.

Personality: Azrael is an interesting being among her race. At first, she may look like a really cold girl that's unable to express any kind of emotion on her face. When she talks, even when her voice is surprisingly soft and sweet, is monotone, almost sounding like some kind of soulless body. The truth is that Azrael has recently been able to feel emotions, but because she's a Harbinger, is extremely hard for her to been able to show it to everyone and she's still learning about them. For example, the reaction of somebody that's happy will be to smile or laugh. For Azrael, something this simple is really hard, so instead of that, she may say that's she's happy but emotionless facial expression will give out the idea that she's just been sarcastic.

The second case where Azrael actually show a lot of emotion was when a human guy accidentally bumped and tripped with her, his face landing right between her crotch and under her skirt. Unwillingly, her cheeks flushed a light tone of red and she suddenly took out her scythe and tried to kill and collect the soul of the poor guy and send it to hell as a punishment, mostly because she was embarrassed, but she didn't know about it.

Overall, Azrael is a misunderstood girl that just trying to show everyone that Harbingers aren't the cold-blooded and soulless beings everyone thinks they are. She can feel emotions and can be a sweet, gentle and extremely loyal friend regardless of her hard and dark duty.

Bio:

Among the Harbinger race, Azrael is an important figure. She's been doing her duty for a really long time, almost since the beginning of time. She has collected so many souls that nobody actually knows the exact amount number, but it's believed that it has surpassed the trillion. Because of this, many Shinigami have associated her with the legendary Azrael, the Angel of Death. Even having that name, she's actually not related to him in any way. Azrael was enjoying years of glory, earning a lot of respect and admiration of her race. Her life began to change drastically after one night, thousand of years ago.

It all happened on one of her usually harvest missions and her victim was a 8 years old child with cancer. Unfortunately for him, he wouldn't be able to make it because, by that time, the medical technology wasn't that advanced and cancer was something well known, so his time in the Human World was over. It wasn't the first time that Azrael had to collect the soul of a dying child. In fact, this was a usual case for any Harbinger and even when it was sad and impacting, it was something that needed to be done. So, Azrael arrived at the child's bedroom of his home, all confident and acting like she normally does. As she finally met the child face to face, he told him that he was expecting her. That didn't amuse Azrael either because it wasn't the first time she heard those words. Among humans, it is believed that somebody that's about to die can feel or sense it beforehand.

As the child asked if he could request two final wishes, Azrael decided to make an exception. This was something she always did when her victim was a child. What the child wished was what touched Azrael deeply on her her soul: a hug and a message for his parents. While hugging the child, Azrael felt shivers on her spine, her chest began to felt heavy and she suddenly felt the urge to cry. This was something that never happened before to her nor something she heard that have happened to a Shinigami either. It as probably because none of her victims dared to request a hug from her and the interaction of her body with the boy may have caused a reaction. It was weird, but somehow, Azrael enjoyed this new sensation after feeling like... A human.

After the hug, the child laid on his bed and closed his eyes, smiling brightly and with a really peaceful expression. Seeing him accepting his fate and embracing death with bravery at such a young age moved Azrael, so when she lifted her scythe to harvest his soul, she stopped for a brief moment, looking down at him. For the first time ever, she hesitated in accomplishing her duty. She believed that his time in this world wasn't supposed to be over and dared to wonder if the Time was always right. Still, the job needed to be done, so she swung her scythe, "cropping" the boy's soul.

A lot of emotions that Azrael didn't know about began to overwhelm her as she left the house, kindly and dearly holding the boy's soul in her hands as she took her locomotive to Valhalla. Wanting to do something about this boy that made an impact on her life, she decided to change the course of the train to Heaven. One of the rules of the Harbinger guide is that if the victim had no particular deity in its life, or never leaned to either end of the morality spectra, then its soul needs to be placed in Valhalla for eternal resting, but Azrael thought that the boy deserved to rest in Heaven, a more beautiful place to have a truly and happy eternal slumber. She knew she would get in deep trouble for what she was about to do and could be considerate as an insubordination, earning her a serious punishment that could put in risk her job and life. For some reason, though, she wasn't scared or worried. She actually felt nice and wished the best for the child's soul.

After safely handling the boy's soul to some archangels at the front gates of Heaven, Azrael returned to Valhalla and everybody already knew what she did and the high commands already had a punishment for her: a suspension from her duties as a Shinigami for 1,000 years and she needed to think about her actions, so she will think twice about doing something like that again. Without any rejections or arguments, Azrael accepted her punishment, knowing it was more than expected they wouldn't overlook such blasphemy against her race. At least they have mercy and let her keep her powers and weapon. Also, a thousand years for a Harbinger passed in the blink of an eye.

More than a thousand years happened and today, Azrael isn't the same Azrael everyone in Valhalla knew. She's now a Shinigami able to feel emotions even when she keeps struggling in showing them. She also didn't forget about that kind child that hugged her so tightly and bravely accepted his death like a hero. Now, even when Azrael faced her punishment to be responsible for her actions and everything was settle, some Harbingers thinks that she just lost her mind after working so many years as a Shinigami. Azrael doesn't care, though, and she doesn't regret "saving" the boy's soul. Curious to know more about these new emotions she's trying to understand, Azrael heard about a special academy named Omnibus, located on a remote island on Earth. It is said that beings from a lot of unhuman races attend there. So for Azrael, that was a really great opportunity to socialize because it was like a perfect and decent way to develop and understand emotions.

Still, she first needs to ask permission to the High Commands of her race. And Azrael's new adventure begins...

Other:
—Azrael favorite quote about death: "When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

—Harvesting souls and traveling through locomotives and dreams to reach to victims require energy, sometimes a big amount. So sometimes having a low amount of energy affects Azrael's weather manipulation ability. Don't be surprised that a beautiful sunny and clear day suddenly changes into a rainy and stormy one after Azrael's arrival. This is something that annoys her a lot, even when it can be fixed by just resting to "recharge" her energy levels.

—Azrael can sometimes be been seen chasing a poor person with her scythe, explaining to him or her to stop and embrace death with bravery. Most of the times this happens because mentioned person says a negative comment about death that doesn't offend Azrael completely, but stills annoy her a little. So, she chases them to teach them a lesson and trying to give them a "healthy scare", but ends up traumatizing them. Yes, Azrael is not good with jokes.

Azrael's loyal and useful scythe is named Hades. At the beginning, Azrael's scythe was the ordinary black-ish type everybody knows, but after wanting to have a unique weapon, she asked a blacksmith of Valhalla to modify it and surprise her with something new and modern. The final result was mind-blowing: a mechanical black scythe with details highlighted in red and a beautiful yet deadly blade of steel. The best feature of the scythe is that it can switch forms by pressing a few buttons located on the handle. It can morph into pretty much anything, except fire weapons. It also has a core located somewhere inside the handle of the scythe that keeps "alive" the weapon. In other words, the scythe is indestructible as long as this core is not broken or damaged.

Last edited:
This took me the whole freaking day, but it worth it! Hope everything's fine and please, tell me if there is stuff that needs to be added or changed or whatever.

Name: Azrael
Race: Harbinger
Apparent Age: 18 years old
Actual Age: 15 Billion Years

Detailed Description of her Appearance: Azrael is a beautiful female that's 5'.5", pretty short compared to other beings of her race. Her straight and long hair (reaching the middle of her tights) is pure white, which sometimes shines at nights of full moon. Her stunning eyes are bright red, which change depending on the power she uses:

•On Penance Stare: her eyes shine and pupils dilate. This effect lasts until she blinks once to stop using the ability.
•On Severing: the bright red of her eyes turns into a deep scarlet before "harvesting" the soul of her victim.
•When manipulating the weather: her eyes stays normal.

Her skin is a soft tone of pale, almost looking like cream. Surprisingly, it doesn't have any impurities or scars, which gave out the idea that Azrael takes a good care of it. Her breasts have a decent size, C-cup to be precisely, and her body proportions are almost perfect and really attractive and sexy. Still, this is something that Azrael actually don't give that much care or think about like most human girls do. She thinks that it's a waste of time getting so stressed or depressed about mundane subjects and that everybody should be happy with what they were given.

Personality: Azrael is an interesting being among her race. At first, she may look like a really cold girl that's unable to express any kind of emotion on her face. When she talks, even when her voice is surprisingly soft and sweet, is monotone, almost sounding like some kind of soulless body. The truth is that Azrael has recently been able to feel emotions, but because she's a Harbinger, is extremely hard for her to been able to show it to everyone and she's still learning about them. For example, the reaction of somebody that's happy will be to smile or laugh. For Azrael, something this simple is really hard, so instead of that, she may say that's she's happy but emotionless facial expression will give out the idea that she's just been sarcastic.

The second case where Azrael actually show a lot of emotion was when a human guy accidentally bumped and tripped with her, his face landing right between her crotch and under her skirt. Unwillingly, her cheeks flushed a light tone of red and she suddenly took out her scythe and tried to kill and collect the soul of the poor guy and send it to hell as a punishment, mostly because she was embarrassed, but she didn't know about it.

Overall, Azrael is a misunderstood girl that just trying to show everyone that Harbingers aren't the cold-blooded and soulless beings everyone thinks they are. She can feel emotions and can be a sweet, gentle and extremely loyal friend regardless of her hard and dark duty.

Bio:

Among the Harbinger race, Azrael is an important figure. She's been doing her duty for a really long time, almost since the beginning of time. She has collected so many souls that nobody actually knows the exact amount number, but it's believed that it has surpassed the trillion. Because of this, many Shinigami have associated her with the legendary Azrael, the Angel of Death, even having that name, she actually not related to him in any way. Azrael was enjoying years of glory, earning a lot of respect and admiration of her race.

One night, everything changed. On one of her usually harvest missions, for the first time ever, Azrael victim was a 8 years old child with cancer. Unfortunately for him, he wouldn't be able to make it, so his time was over. Azrael, thinking that collecting the soul of a child was no different from an adult, arrived at the hospital where the child was staying, all confident and acting like she normally does. As she finally met the child face to face, he told him that he was expecting her. That didn't amuse Azrael because it wasn't the first time she heard those words.

As the child asked if he could request a two final wish, Azrael surprisingly decided to make an exception. What the child wish was what touched Azrael deeply on her her soul: a hug and a message for his parents. While hugging the child, Azrael felt shivers on her spine, her chest began to felt heavy and she suddenly felt the urge to cry. This was something that never happened before to her nor something she heard that have happened to a Shinigami either. It was weird, but somehow, Azrael enjoyed the feeling after feeling a little more... Human.

After the hug, the child laid on the bed and closed his eyes, smiling brightly and with a really peaceful expression. Seeing him accepting his fate and embracing death with such bravery moved Azrael, so when she lifted her scythe to harvest his soul, she stopped for a brief moment, looking down at him. For the firs time ever, she didn't want to do her duty. She believed that his time in this world isn't supposed to be over. So, instead of taking his soul, Azrael ripped off his cancer, making the child fall asleep, but he would be fine the next morning.

A lot of emotions that Azrael didn't know about began to overwhelm her as she left the hospital and took her locomotive to Valhalla. She knew she would get in deep trouble for what she did and could be considerate as an insubordination, earning her a serious punishment that could put in risk her job and life. For some reason, though, she wasn't scared or worried. She actually felt nice and wished the best for that child.

When she arrived at Valhalla, everybody already knew what she did and the high commands already had a punishment for her: a suspension from her duties as a Shinigami for a year and she needed to work on a human job and study in a special academy called "Omnibus". Without any rejections or arguments, Azrael accepted her punishment, knowing it was to be expected they won't overlook such blasphemy against her race. At least they have mercy and let her keep her powers and weapon.

Other:
—Azrael favorite quote about death: "When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

—Even after been so many years working as a Shinigami, Azrael still having trouble controlling his weather manipulation abilities. So, it won't be a surprise that a beautiful sunny and clear day suddenly changes into a rainy and stormy one after Azrael arrival. This is something that annoys her a lot and keeps trying hard in learning to control the ability.

—Azrael can sometimes be been seen chasing a poor person with her scythe, explaining to him or her to stop and embrace death with bravery. Most of the times this happens because mentioned person says a negative comment about death that offends Azrael. So, she chases them to teach them a lesson, probably trying to joke around, but ends up traumatizing them for life.

Azrael's loyal and useful scythe, which name is Hades, has a mind of its own. This is it because the scythe is actually the home of the soul of a fallen warrior. That was part of a pact he made with Azrael minutes before dying. At the beginning, Azrael's scythe was the ordinary black-ish type everybody knows, but after wanting to have a unique weapon, she asked a blacksmith of Valhalla to modify it and surprise her with something new and modern. The final result was mind-blowing: a mechanical black scythe with details highlighted in red and a beautiful yet deadly blade of steel. The best feature of the scythe is that it can switch forms by pressing a few buttons located on the handle. It can morph into pretty much anything, except fire weapons. The soul of the warrior was moved to a special vase that works as the core of the whole scythe. So, the scythe is indestructible as long as its "core" it's not broken or damaged.
I knew you would use Ruby Roses sycthe crescent rose!

I knew you would use Ruby Roses sycthe crescent rose!
I freaking love that scythe and the series as well, so hell yeah! xD

• Love
@Shinku⭐Kun Hmmm. It seems strange to me that after being in existence for so long, this one encounter with a dying 8-year-old completely changed her life. I mean, surely this isn't the first time she was sent to harvest a dying kid. Like... kids die all the time. :/ Additionally, for a being that's been around for so long, it seems like that whole incident would've happened rather recently. From Azrael's perspective, the whole thing practically happened yesterday. And yet her bio is written like she's really had time to think about this whole emotions thing and become a new person and all that. I dunno, I just think it would make more sense if a similar incident happened quite a ways back. Like, at least a couple hundred years or so.

You could still say that her punishment involved not being able to do her reaping duties for a while -- but even a couple hundred years seems like it would be only the blink of an eye for a Harbinger.

THAT'S MAINLY JUST MY TWO CENTS, THOUGH -- it doesn't feel like enough to give a hard no to that whole thing...

Also -- can Harbingers "rip out" cancer? Or cure any kind of disease? I didn't see it in the race sheet, but, I guess @Eruantien would have the final word on that...

—Even after been so many years working as a Shinigami, Azrael still having trouble controlling his weather manipulation abilities.
Might want to double-check your pronouns on everything. :P

You'll also have to ask @Eruantien about the whole soul-in-the-scythe thing.

Other than that, this looks good. I'd still like to see the thing about her bio addressed, but, if you can't find a way to change it and still have it work the way you want to then I guess it's fine. Now you just need Eruantien's approval.

• Useful
Reactions: Stray Shinku
Wow, Sol lost the oldest character title twice within a few days. Crazy.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.