Status
Not open for further replies.
The clone can attack even when the real Duclous is unconious, though they do the same attack patterns that The Duclous remembered
Ok... so... do the clones have any consciousness of their own? Or are they just AI's (for lack of a better term) that are running on auto-pilot?

Or is it like a Naruto-style thing, where the clones aren't completely mindless, but they have the same personality as the original, and would therefore act the same way the original would?

This description is an improvement, but I still don't think I really understand how these clones are supposed to think and act.

@chaosheart13 @gamer5 @Luma @Yorika @Psuedoku @Eruantien @AnimeLover_Princess @Roose Hurro @Sail

SO

I just sent out posting reminders to the owners of all the characters we seem to currently be waiting on, except that I didn't say anything to Luma about posting for Luna, because I realize that the reason for that standstill is a bit more complicated... and it's something we really need to figure out.

We've already established that we don't want Hau to become smoothi-fied. So, what happens now? Do we need another character to come in and stop Luna? Or is Anna going to catch up with her at some point?

For longer-term stuff -- once I'm in a better environment to write CS's and things (being productive is not super easy when my stebsiblings are over...), I'll hopefully be able to really start working on that demon race sheet and character that I promised everyone. Hopefully this will also make way for some sort of conflict, as well...

And I'm also tempted to make a race sheet for silvers, because, fuck it, I'm pretty sure I'm the only original TJA member left, here -- I don't have to worry about starting a bad trend. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well maybe we can timeskip? I mean, all the interactions are happening in one day, it might be time to move on to another day.

Well maybe we can timeskip? I mean, all the interactions are happening in one day, it might be time to move on to another day.
Ehh... I'd rather not... Roose Hurro had something planned for the Java Squirrel group that I'd rather not skip over, since it's the closest thing this RP has to an actual conflict happening. Skipping to a new day would just leave us with the exact same problems that we already have -- everyone socializing and not having anything else to do. (In fact, it would be even worse because it would scrap the two almost-conflicts that we have so far.) Besides, a time skip won't answer the question of what happened to Hau and how all that worked out. o_o"

What I want to do is address that problem so that Luna is no longer frozen and things can continue from there. Everything else I think would be best addressed by adding actual conflicts and events into the mix. Either give characters a reason to not be super buddy-buddy all the time, or create some sort of big, school-wide event (or at least something that affects part of the school) for multiple characters to react to.

Open a rift to another dimension and let out a bunch of monsters, if you must. It could go interesting places. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I realize, though, that to pin the responsibility of coming up with stuff for characters to do on you, the players, is a bit unfair, since it really should be my job. And, like I said, I have plans to get some of that started. But, it might take me a while. So, in the meantime, if anyone else here wants to help make things interesting around here -- the stuff I just mentioned would be the best way to do it.

Ehh... I'd rather not... Roose Hurro had something planned for the Java Squirrel group that I'd rather not skip over, since it's the closest thing this RP has to an actual conflict happening. Skipping to a new day would just leave us with the exact same problems that we already have -- everyone socializing and not having anything else to do. (In fact, it would be even worse because it would scrap the two almost-conflicts that we have so far.) Besides, a time skip won't answer the question of what happened to Hau and how all that worked out. o_o"

What I want to do is address that problem so that Luna is no longer frozen and things can continue from there. Everything else I think would be best addressed by adding actual conflicts and events into the mix. Either give characters a reason to not be super buddy-buddy all the time, or create some sort of big, school-wide event (or at least something that affects part of the school) for multiple characters to react to.

Open a rift to another dimension and let out a bunch of monsters, if you must. It could go interesting places. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I realize, though, that to pin the responsibility of coming up with stuff for characters to do on you, the players, is a bit unfair, since it really should be my job. And, like I said, I have plans to get some of that started. But, it might take me a while. So, in the meantime, if anyone else here wants to help make things interesting around here -- the stuff I just mentioned would be the best way to do it.
Hm, you make a good point there. Unfortunately I have nothing to go on other than the war going on between 1-0s and GRIDs that my two characters belong to, but they haven't even met yet. So I have no idea what to do sadly.

Unfortunately I have nothing to go on other than the war going on between 1-0s and GRIDs that my two characters belong to,
And even then, I don't see that as being very helpful, either, unless you know how to get other characters involved.

Having a big event that involves only your characters is really not a great idea in general...

And even then, I don't see that as being very helpful, either, unless you know how to get other characters involved.

Having a big event that involves only your characters is really not a great idea in general...
Also true. Welp, just gonna have to wait and see what Roose Hurro's plan is.

Also true. Welp, just gonna have to wait and see what Roose Hurro's plan is.

Trust me, it's gonna be funny. And aw... well, if I continue, I might spoil the anticipation/surprise. Will be fun to see how the characters involved react. And I'll leave it at that. :bsmile:

Hi, I'm a fresh face around here, and this kinda piqued my interest, but I have several questions.

While magical and supernatural beings, local or extraterrestrial, are cool beans, what of androids and robots? Would they have a chance of being a part of Omnibus, if they have a good enough reason to be?

Hi, I'm a fresh face around here, and this kinda piqued my interest, but I have several questions.

While magical and supernatural beings, local or extraterrestrial, are cool beans, what of androids and robots? Would they have a chance of being a part of Omnibus, if they have a good enough reason to be?
Definitely! ^^

Reactions: PlainJoe
(Removed pings from the quote...)

SO

I just sent out posting reminders to the owners of all the characters we seem to currently be waiting on, except that I didn't say anything to Luma about posting for Luna, because I realize that the reason for that standstill is a bit more complicated... and it's something we really need to figure out.

We've already established that we don't want Hau to become smoothi-fied. So, what happens now? Do we need another character to come in and stop Luna? Or is Anna going to catch up with her at some point?

For longer-term stuff -- once I'm in a better environment to write CS's and things (being productive is not super easy when my stebsiblings are over...), I'll hopefully be able to really start working on that demon race sheet and character that I promised everyone. Hopefully this will also make way for some sort of conflict, as well...

And I'm also tempted to make a race sheet for silvers, because, fuck it, I'm pretty sure I'm the only original TJA member left, here -- I don't have to worry about starting a bad trend. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sorry I've been so unresponsive the past few weeks. Frankly, I have had the time to post lately; I just haven't. You could chalk it up to stressful events I guess, it's been a little difficult to get into a proper mindset. That being said, I hate excuses, and part of it is just laziness, so I'm going to try and post for both characters by Monday.

• For Luna, if no one interrupts her in the next day or two, I'll have Hau's look guilt-trip her and she'll eventually give it up. Dunno where to go from there; maybe she'll find something else problematic to eat.
  • For Sol, I'll be having her leave the cafe. Firstly, to be honest, I'm uncomfortable with where this is going. Second, as a character, her reaction would be very dry. I could make it more interesting with some thought, but I'm in no mindset to go so far out of my comfort zone to write it at the moment. Sorry about that.

I did write Neptune out a few weeks ago for the foreseeable future, but now that I'm on hiatus from school I'll probably have time to post again. Just not entirely sure what to do with her. I mean, I could cause destruction and mayhem, but not for no good reason. Nep isn't some psychotic monster. If somebody upsets her though, I could see that happening, maybe. Notencouragingthis.

If all else fails, I could introduce my immortal race that I've been holding off on mentioning because it's been WIP. Interdimensional strangeness and all that. Might stir up some excitement, dunno. Halloween would've been a much better time for this... :p

For Luna, if no one interrupts her in the next day or two, I'll have Hau's look guilt-trip her and she'll eventually give it up. Dunno where to go from there; maybe she'll find something else problematic to eat.
I did write Neptune out a few weeks ago for the foreseeable future, but now that I'm on hiatus from school I'll probably have time to post again. Just not entirely sure what to do with her. I mean, I could cause destruction and mayhem, but not for no good reason. Nep isn't some psychotic monster. If somebody upsets her though, I could see that happening, maybe. Notencouragingthis.
Luna should eat something problematic belonging to Neptune. I dunno.

If all else fails, I could introduce my immortal race that I've been holding off on mentioning because it's been WIP. Interdimensional strangeness and all that. Might stir up some excitement, dunno. Halloween would've been a much better time for this... :p
Interdimensional strangeness has no reason to be exclusive to Halloween. owo""" We could use some of that...

Thankfully, though, I'm getting closer to finishing my race sheet, so, yeah, hopefully that'll stir up some things...

• For Sol, I'll be having her leave the cafe. Firstly, to be honest, I'm uncomfortable with where this is going. Second, as a character, her reaction would be very dry. I could make it more interesting with some thought, but I'm in no mindset to go so far out of my comfort zone to write it at the moment. Sorry about that.

Yes... but some people like dry humor. And yes, wouldn't want to exceed your comfort level. Though I was thinking Sol might help in the resolution, perhaps. Though I also think Deen can handle it. After laughing his tail off...

Status
Not open for further replies.