Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay, been a bit too stressed to converse politely the past week or so. The blender was part of 'equipment'. After all, what magic connoisseur would be complete without a blender? And if we're pointing at things in the IC that aren't in the CSs, I'll note that a blender is far less significant than "potentially-infinite, quantum-powered omnibits." :P

Funny thing about those... all the time I've had them, with Thoee and Deen, they've barely been used, and when used, only for mundane things, like transforming a spork into a proper fork/spoon. Biggest thing I've done is when their son, Peet, used a hoard of Bits to generate a large-area quantum suppression field, to keep weapons and tech devices from working. Because Nism prefer to do, not to have other things do for them. Heh... Omni Bits are kinda like toothbrushes, only used when needed. And most times, Nism don't need them. And when they do, it's usually just one, to fix something broken, or to change one thing into another, like Deen did with the coffee mug. Just for the amusement factor. Young Nism do like making the toys they play with.

Heh yeah, I'm not pointing a blame finger or anything. More using omni-bits as a good example of "bringing in stuff to make things more interesting."

Heh yeah, I'm not pointing a blame finger or anything. More using omni-bits as a good example of "bringing in stuff to make things more interesting."

Indeed... though Nism have had Bits for a very long time. A contrast of "naked" beings that look/move like animals, and yet are very far from "primitive".

Yeah, good point, then.

Who knew "marbles" could be so much fun? :bsmile:

Hey marbles are always fun!

Also sorry I've been MIA. I had to get a new car cause I got in an accident and then my phone just wouldn't turn on for like 2 days. So I had to get a new phone.

But as for IC things, I'm not too keen on Hau becoming a fruity blended liquid. Anna would not approve either. Conflict is always intetesting, so possibly Anna could come across Luna about to mulch Hau. Or the group of four could stop her.

Reactions: Kagayours
Also sorry to be MIA...

Work schedule has changed. Last week, also bought a new toilet, parts and tools... last two days spent making sure everything went smoothly. First day prep... removal from box, inspection for damage, reading of "owners manual" (yes, apparently, even toilets come with owners manuals), layout of parts and tools and game plan. Second day spent removing old toilet (bagging the old bowl for "safety"), cleaning up the leak-caused "horror" underneath (didn't know grass could grow under a toilet), calling American Standard for advice on use of sealants (they said "No."), calling Home Depot for advice on what to do about the old, rusted, iron flange (and having my call "transferred" about six times, with "waiting" in-between)... and, well, finishing the clean-up and finding out the flange was fine. Which allowed me to use the existing flange (will be returning the "flange repair kit" I didn't need/couldn't have used anyway - existing flange appeared cemented into the floor)... yes, allowed me to use the existing flange to attach bolts, set seal, set new bowl on seal, press down, bolt down, bolt on tank, attach water supply, attach seat, turn on water, watch water fill tank, test flush (twice - new toilet has dual-flush feature), check for leaks.......

....... and yes, having started about 1:00 pm and having finished about 6:00 pm, I "Christened" my new toilet, finished removing bits of old toilet from tub, to where I'd "stashed" the old bagged bowl, and got the furniture I had to move to make room for the dolly I used to move the heavy parts about with back into place, well, by that time, it was past 6:30 pm. So, having had breakfast before noon, and having missed lunch... and wanting to celebrate my do-it-yourself success, I called up my best friend and took him and his wife out to dinner. Have to be into work early today. Have to pay rent today. Have to get money to pay rent today. Want to return the parts I didn't use, to get my money back. So I won't be able to focus today on a post. Hopefully tonight after work, or tomorrow after breakfast.

@gamer5
@Sail
@Luma
@Psuedoku
@chaosheart13 ...

I think I have everyone here and present in the Java Squirrel. And I have posted! Managed last night after work, so my little "surprise" is now set and "ready to run" in my next post. Have fun!

@Sail ...

Please read the above. I have plans for what happens... my Omni Bit, my determination of just what Shirt is doing with it. So, please edit. And be patient. What you wrote is not what I have in mind.

Oh, and Bits don't spark. Though your Devo might just experience a moment of "warm fuzzies".......

@Sail ...

Please read the above. I have plans for what happens... my Omni Bit, my determination of just what Shirt is doing with it. So, please edit. And be patient. What you wrote is not what I have in mind.

Oh, and Bits don't spark. Though your Devo might just experience a moment of "warm fuzzies".......
Are you trying to say that you don't want @Sail to control shirt? And that shirt is essentially your character only to control?

If so, I would be a bit more explicit about saying so. Telling Sail to edit just because it "wasn't what you had planned" sort of muddles the real root of the problem, here. (I mean, yeah, I understand that you also have plans and that this kind of messes with them -- but addressing the fact that shirt is yours to control would fix that, as well.)

Are you trying to say that you don't want @Sail to control shirt? And that shirt is essentially your character only to control?

If so, I would be a bit more explicit about saying so. Telling Sail to edit just because it "wasn't what you had planned" sort of muddles the real root of the problem, here. (I mean, yeah, I understand that you also have plans and that this kind of messes with them -- but addressing the fact that shirt is yours to control would fix that, as well.)

Indeed it would. Just thought the fact I created Shirt made that point, though given her NPC status, I should not have just assumed. So, to be clear: Shirt is an NPC I control, as an "extension" of my character, Deen. Heh... think of her as a "pet". :bsmile:

IT HAS BEEN CHANGE-ED! XD

Last edited:
Reactions: Sail
Jeez, sorry guys. I wasn't getting any notifications for any new posts on my watched threads; I'll catch up soon.

Jeez, sorry guys. I wasn't getting any notifications for any new posts on my watched threads; I'll catch up soon.
Have you ever seen this thread? I imagine the problem described there is the reason your alerts "broke". Just follow the instructions there and I think you'll be fine from now on.

There's also a bullet point about this in the rules list of this RP, since people not getting notifications can cause some obvious problems... so, it's best that everyone be aware of this common issue and the easy fix for it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Psuedoku
Has it really been ten days since anyone's posted here? Yikes...

@chaosheart13 @gamer5 @Luma @Yorika @Psuedoku @Eruantien @AnimeLover_Princess @Roose Hurro @Sail

So I have some good news and bad news for everyone.

The good news is that I'm officially done with my finals for this semester. I'll be going home tomorrow, and I won't be bogged down with schoolwork anymore. This would mean that I'd have plenty of free time to get more involved in my RP's, but, that's where the bad news comes in…

I've actually run out of my ADHD medication, and, due to some complicated circumstances that I don't want to delve too deeply into, it might be a couple days until I'll be able to get more (at worst, it might be closer to, like, a week… although I'm really hoping that doesn't turn out to be the case…). This cuts pretty badly into my ability to be productive. In fact, I wound up having to ration out the last of my pills just to make it through finals week, squeezing by with just barely enough to focus on all the actual work that had to be done. If I was able to take my regular dosage for the past few days, then I probably would've already gotten a head start on catching up on RP stuff, given all the extra free time and mental stamina I would've had with all my courses wrapping up… but, sadly, that's just not how things turned out…

So while I will technically have a lot more free time now that the semester's over, I'll probably be rather tired and spacey until I can get a refill… not only do I have this medication for a reason to begin with, but there's also the fact that suddenly not taking the medication will certainly make all my symptoms feel even worse than usual… although I suppose the rationing I've been doing over the past week will make this at least slightly easier than just quitting cold turkey…

So anyway!! I'll still be around, but I don't know how much content I'll be able to push out until I can manage to get a refill. Which, if I'm super lucky, might even happen tomorrow… but, given the probability of that not happening, I wanted to at least give everyone an update on what's going on.

Hopefully this hazy period won't take up too much of my winter break. I do still plan to get a lot of RP stuff moving again once I finally get my brain drugs.

I'll try to keep everyone updated on where things go from here.

Yeah. Hope you get your medicine soon! :)

Reactions: Kagayours
Um excuse me I wondering if this Race sheet is good. I tried to update it. If not, can tell me what to fix?

Name singular: Duclous
Name plural: Duclous
Powers/Abilities:

Stearsol: This effects the eyes of the Duclous. Duclous can't open their eyes in the sunlight and use this ability. This will kill the Duclous. Its basically like Medusa stare, except it kills them, not turn them into stone. When Duclous open their eyes, they only have about 3 minutes before this ability kicks in. When this actives the enemy will have to go through the 4 stages of Stearsol.These stages take about 5 minutes each to start. Stage 1, Stearsol will cause enemy's body to not cooperate and the enemy will be stroken with fear. The Duclous's eyes will look like the eyes' of a snake in this stage. Stage 2, The enemy or threat will lose all of their senses. The enemy's nerves will shut down which cause all the sense to go away. The Duclous's eyes will now look like a ripple in water. Stage 3, the enemy/threat's senses will come back, but enemy/threat will feel a very painful burning sensation in the entire body. The enemy's nerve will reactive, but only to overload all sense, causing that burning sensation. Duclous eyes will change colors quickly. Stage 4, the enemy/threat will feel cold and the enemy/threat's body will stop working, killing the enemy/threat. The enemy's brain shuts down, causing the entire body to shut down too. Duclous eyes will have a creepy face on the eyeball.

Octsedy: This gives them the ability to create ink and spew it from their mouth. They have different uses of the ink though. The ink can be use to make clones of Duclous. These clones can be used as a distraction, which mean they can be used as puppets or just something for them take a hit instead. When the ink is used as a puppet, you can't really tell if its one or not. They have the same abilities as Duclous do except shooting ink. The clone can attack even when the real Duclous is unconious, though they do the same attack patterns that The Duclous remembered. The clone does have the same personality as the Duclous has so it is sorta like the Naruto clone. The ink also can be use to make weapons or to hurt the enemy. Since of the ink acidic touch, it can eat away at the strongest metals, or if its cold, it can harden into something that Duclous wants. Lets say a sword, They just have to touch the cold ink and it will start to form into a sword. The sword will have the same effect as the acid. It will be able to cut through very strong metal.

Ulswa: This is like transformation for them. They can change into a Octopus-like creature. They still will havea human shape, but they will have claws instead of hands, 6 tentacles will sprout out of their back, horns on their head, and Sharp teeth. This form will increase their intelligence, speed, and their strength to their max. The tentacles actually have a mind of their own and will responding to threats that the Duclous may not be aware of. They also can make tornadoes with these tentacles. The arms and legs of Duclous in Ulswa can stretch to reach far away targets. Since of Ulswa, Duclous don't shoot ink anymore. They shoot Dark Matter out of their mouth which can make anything disappear out existance. They can hold this form until they are exhausted or run out energy.

Regength: They can regenerate which mean they can recreate limbs or heal wounds fast, They also have a lot of strength and their body can harden to defend themselves. They also can control water, wood, and electricity.

Lifespan: They actually live a long time. Some have lived as long as millions of years.

Physical description: The Duclous actually look like regular humans. They mostly are slim or slender, pale and they have white hair. Their bodies are like humans too except that they are very hard, making it difficult to damage them. To tell the difference between a Duclous and human, you must look at their eyes in the sunlight. Duclous can't open their eyes in sunlight or it can do some serious damage to the body or even kill them. So if you see someone who isn't opening their eyes as they walking the sunlight, that's a Duclous. In the day though, as the Duclous have their eyes closed, they gain echolocation. They hum and whistle alot to use their echolocation in the day, or if its in a busy place they don't have to because sound is everywhere. They can open their eyes and see either when they are in the shade, in the shadows and darkness or at night.

Cultural description: They actually actually very timid and shy people. They went through many events like wars with other species. They have similar cultures as the Chinese have and they have a emperor. The typical day of a Duclous is simliar to a day of a human. They go through their day with a job, going to school, or just staying home with their families. Some of The Duclous have special job which is being a ninja.They don't have to sleep though. They can choose not to sleep and they will be fine.

Realm: They lived on another world like earth, but there's no sunlight. They went through many events like wars with other species from other realms. What bring the other species into their world? They have portal that changes over time. The first one to find the portal was actually the emperor himself. He studied the portal in amazement. He was being to careless when a creature from another realm saw him. The creature ran away and brought a entire army into the Duclous world. The Duclous won though.....with a price. The portal started to change realms after the victory of the first. As it changes, it leaves them open for other species from other realms to attack them. They won every war for each creature. The last war cause major damage on the planet they live on. So the emperor wanted to find a way to the change it to a peaceful realm. When he was studying, one of his sons went to The Portal. His son touched The Portal and it reacted with taking his son life.....The emperor mourned for his son for many years. The Portal then stopped on Earth realm and won't change since of what happen. They had to move on and try to co existwith this new....world.

Other: When it comes to flirting with Duclous, they get very nervous and shy about it. The females have no problem with it, the males do though.

Short description: A very Shy and powerful race that die when their eyes look at the sunlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
@chaosheart13 @gamer5 @Luma @Yorika @Psuedoku @Eruantien @AnimeLover_Princess @Roose Hurro @Sail

UPDATE

I'll get my meds tomorrow, although probably not till somewhat late in the day tomorrow, so I might not be able to start taking my full dosage again until the day after tomorrow. Also, I've got un-packing, re-organizing, and a few other end-of-semester tasks to take care of. And weekends tend to be a bit weird in general... BUT, I think it's safe to say that I'll really be able to dive back into RP stuff by the start of next week, and maybe get a few things up here-and-there in the weekend before then. :D

@Hachiro Terra I'll try to take a look at your race sheet in a bit.

Edit: I might have to put this off till tomorrow, if you don't mind...

Last edited:
>< Sorry for the delay!! I'll take a look at your race sheet now...

Stearsol: This effects the eyes of the Duclous. When Duclous open their eyes, they only have about 3 minutes before this ability kicks in. When this actives the enemy will have to go through the 4 stages of Stearsol. Stage 1, Stearsol will cause enemy's body to not cooperate and the enemy will be stroken with fear. The Duclous's eyes will look like the eyes' of a snake in this stage. Stage 2, The enemy or threat will lose all of their senses. The Duclous's eyes will now look like a ripple in water. Stage 3, the enemy/threat's senses will come back, but enemy/threat will feel a very painful burning sensation in the entire body. Duclous eyes will change colors quickly. Stage 4, the enemy/threat will feel cold and the enemy/threat's body will stop working, killing the enemy/threat. Duclous eyes will have a creepy face on the eyeball. Duclous can't open their eyes in the sunlight and use this ability. This will kill the Duclous. These stages take about 5 minutes each to start. Its basically like Medusa stare, except it kills them, not turn them into stone.
Perhaps it would be best to sort of... rearrange the way that this is worded? It feels like it gets into the details before I understand the basics of what's going on. In particular, I think it would make more sense to place the bolded part near the beginning, and then go into each stage in-depth.

When the ink is used as a puppet, you can't really tell if its one or not. They have the same abilities as Duclous do except shooting ink.
So, we know that the clones look like a Duclous and have the same abilities... you also implied that they're basically just puppets, but, it's still not clear just how much they're capable of doing on their own. For example, you said that they have the same abilities as a Duclous -- does this mean that a clone would have enough sentience of its own to be able to use an attack independently? Or are the clones just an extension of the Duclous's own will -- meaning that a clone wouldn't be able to use an attack unless the Duclous consciously willed it to do so? I'd still like some elaboration on this.

The rest of this looks good. I'd just like to know a bit more about the clones and what sort of independent thought they're capable of (if any).

I do think that editing the Searsol part would be best to make the whole section easier to read and clear up confusion for other readers, but it's not as big of a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.