Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who had wrote a character in 1 hour?
Hah, obviously not me, cause I browsed the Internet for some part of my sleeping time (Who needs to sleep anyways?), searching for interesting names.
Will post character in a bit!

I mean when they leave Plutus and go elsewhere via portal spell.
Ohhhhh I understand what you're saying now. The way it's phrased, I read it as if it meant that the "hustle and bustle of other races, etc etc" is what led them to leave Plutus.

You should probably edit the wording on that, then, so that it isn't as potentially confusing.

Iris

Born in this world
Only to be sold
Her heart turned cold
Beaten and broken
She seeks what's forbidden
With her scars hidden

Her chains still unbroken...

Name:
Iris Daw

Race:
Human

Age (apparent):

Age (actual):

Appearance:
CKJARD2.png

126 cm (~ 4 feet 3 inch) high

Bio:
Born as the fourth daughter and sixth child in her family Iris was just another mouth to feed with little worth to her parents, which were some of the nastiest parents one could have, but still taken care of their children to the utmost of their abilities, even if they were bitter, abusive and desperately in need of money. It was by pure (bad) luck that one of the priests present at Iris' baptism had noticed that the baby had inborn talent for magic. While the priest himself had no interest in Iris, having an abundance of talented children to take from the church, he still saw here like a simple and quick source of cash. After managing to get her out of her parent's hands for ten or so thousand pounds the priest wasted no time in selling the child off on an underground auction for a profitable sum.
As she was only a baby with a decent affinity for magic she was first bought by a cult looking for a sacrifice. She spent there two years as the cult had to call it's followers scattered across the world and prepare for the ritual. While taken care of decently she was not given particular love or care. Finally the time for the ceremony came and Iris was forced to fulfill the role of the sacrifice. The summoning went without problems and a demon of decent power was called into this world. When the leader of the cult and of the ceremony finished speaking out the carefully prepared words that detailed the contract all fell silent, waiting for the demon to speak out. But before that could happen Iris muttered something that was audible to only her and the demon. Those words were: "Me break u out circle. Kill all, leave me leader.". At those words the demon laughed and said something beck. What he said was: "How fun. Okay.". In the next moment Iris sprung towards the edge of the large circle that both contained and summoned the demon and toppled the candle that marked one of its key points as well as using a piece of chalk to scribble over one of the crucial symbols. With a roar the demon, now freed from any restrain, surged forward and begun slaying the members of the cults.
Like arranged the demon didn't lay a hand on the leader. Instead he, bewildered by the sudden actions of Iris and the demon stood there until a sharp pain from his abdomen finally broke him from his surprise. That pain where stabs that Iris was doing with a ceremonial dagger, which she had found on one of the dead cultists. Without breaks she stabbed and stabbed the leader, which in panic didn't take out his own dagger, but fought back by his fists. But with her rage finally being able to run free Iris stabbed and stabbed, until the leader's hands became drenched in blood and useless, until she turned his torso and limbs into a bloody mush.
Finally the demon returned to the girl, who was collecting the heads of the cultists. The demon spoke: "Oh girly what are you doing?" "Collect heads. U take rest. Also no girly. Iris," she answered with her limited speaking ability. "Okay miss Iris," the demon said and started gulping down on the headless bodies.
Finally when all the heads were severed and all the bodies eaten the demon spoke again: "What a feast. I must thank you miss, for I didn't have such a feast for many years. Yeah I think the last time was during that war in France. Now what ..." But the demon's words were stopped by Iris pulling on his sleeve and saying: "U stay with Iris." "But, if I don't return someone will call exorcists or mages sooner or later. I can't stay." Iris' face was filled at sorrow at those words and she could only observe the demon's preparations for departure. Then while walking left and right Iris got an idea. She came up to the demon and spoke once again: "U, me, hand, inside." The demons was puzzled at first as he decoded what the girl meant but finally understood: "You want to use your arm as a vessel for me? A so called partial possession?"Iris nodded her head and added a "Yes!" for empathizes. But the demon refuted it with a quick: "Are you stupid! Do you know how dangerous that is for both of us! Sorry but no." Iris tried to convince the demon: "Me, power, need. No power, me hurt, outside, inside. Then me die." The demon once again denied Iris' request but after a hour more of begging he gave up and instructed her what do. And so the demon, which later Iris will learn was named Nimus, was made a long-term tenant of Isis' left arm...
A few hours later a member of the cult that was late for the ceremony entered the location only to find blood everywhere and Iris peacefully sleeping on a bed made out of the heads of the dead cultists. This remaining cultist wasted no time in getting rid of the little girl by throwing her into another underground auction. This time Iris was sold to a certain rich man with particular tastes, only to be returned a week later after they found her in a bloody bed, hugging the man's severed head like it was a teddy bear.
Her next destination was a slave mine in some godforsaken place. Here she stayed for ten years, until a change in the man who controlled the mine lead to a certain incident in which all that was left from two guards were heads with the words "rapist wannabe" carved in them.
So Iris ended up on the auction the fourth time. This time the one to buy her was a mad scientist that worked with both technology and magic. This person of questionable mental health subjected Iris to various experiments of which the final was the most crazy and daring of all - using machinery, constructed on macro, micro and nano scale, together with high-grade magic formulas and engineering - deiced to try and replace the body of a human with a constructed one. The starting point was replacing a human arm and although that was successful it had a unforeseen consequence - the machinery developed sentience and intelligence (which latter named itself Ri). Iris and this entity quickly allied and escaped from the laboratory, stealing another invention of the mad scientist, an attempt to recreate a certain legendary ring using modern science and advanced magic.
From then on Iris was on the run, both from the mad scientist and her artificial robots/golems, the agents of the underground that couldn't risk her leaking out anything and from the minions of those that wanted to get their hands on her for free. Now she decided to run to the faint glitter of hope that is Omnibus Academy...

Abilities:

Magic Potentail
Although no one though her magic, Iris has great magical potential. Her alignments are vibration, luminosity/light and tectonic/earth magic. She did pick up a few simple spells like "light ball"(creates a stationary ball of light that shines as strong as an candle), "sound suppression" (decreases the audibility of sounds) and "earth shift" (moves a smaller amount of earth/rock).

Demonic Possession (Partial - Left Arm)
With her left arm being possessed by a demon, Nimus, Iris has access to his powers in return for sacrifices (any living being works, but sapient ones like humans are much better then any animal). Nimus' powers are:
Regeneration - As long as not hit with special anti-demon weapons or abilities Nimus can heal most wounds in a matter of seconds. With sacrifices this ability can be extended to the whole body, not just the left arm.
Demonic Power - Nimus has a considerable amount of demonic power, which can be used both defensively to create shields that are extremely durable or to attack in various ways (be it bullet-like long range or blade-like close ranged attacks). Sacrifices are required to replenish demonic power.
Boosted Physical Abilities - Nimus is much stronger and faster then humans. If provided with sacrifices Nimus can boost Iris' abilities to a level of a professional athlete.

Techno-Magical Limb (Right Arm)
With a complex technological and magical construct for her right arm which houses the artificial sapience Ri, Iris has access to a variety of abilities. Those are:
Adaptive Hand - Due to the ability to reconfigure the whole arm and the power provided by magic it is possible to change the hand to anything, from a multi-tool to a smaller weapon.
Hacking Cable - With a simple high-speed cable and Ri's help it is easy for Iris to hack pretty much any electronic protection.
Magic Micro-Furnace - This extremely efficient system provides power for the right arm while also processing any magic for spells, increasing their efficiency, thous allowing more powerful spells to be cast for smaller consumption of magic reserves.
Super Small Robots - Robots on the scale of micro and nano meters patrol both the arm and Iris' body. In the arm they do everything from energy transfer to repairs. Inside the body they help fight diseases and other foreign bodies while also helping to accelerate healing from wounds or recovery from diseases or fatigue.

Ring of N/Fake
A copy of a famous artifact made with modern technology and powerful magic. Grants invisibility on the user but uses magic reserves fast. Iris can only use it for a few minutes everyday without risking to deplete her magic reserves.

Other:
Poor Social Skills
Due to her upbringing (or better to say, lack of it) Iris has extremely poor social skills and is hard to open to anyone, especially adults.
Will Eat Anything
Having to survive on almost anything she can get her hands on Iris learned that all that can be chewed is edible.
No Common Sense
Having lived most of the life as a slave in the underground world of Earth she has basically no common sense and instead uses her own established way of dealing with situations.

Last edited:
It's too late at night for me to handle a human CS.

I'll see what I can do about stuff tomorrow if the other GM's haven't taken a look at it.

image.jpeg
(Don't pay any attention to clothes on picture)
Name: August "Aquifolium" Rikutud
Race: Bereginya
Age (Apparent): 15
Age (Actual): 15
Appearance: August is a semi-masculine teenager. He stands at 5'9. August's hair is simple brown, with blue, violet and green shadowing on it. August has figure, natural for swimmers: semi-broad shoulders, quite muscular, strong. But, eventually, those parts of his appearance are not developed enough to be noticed by an unarmed eye. August loves to wear a wreath of wild Estonian flowers, who sometimes grow on his head by their own. He usually wears normal modern clothes, always wearing something from his culture: may it be small Porewit idol on his neck, or modern shirt with blue Slavic ornament.
Bio: August was always a calm child. That one child who always obeys commands of his parents, but eventually starts living on his own. He never disagreed of his parents will, nor he agreed to be their puppet, so from the age of 10, he started to live on his own. August found a small hut, not so far away from his parent's heritage, so he moved in there, living his own life. That boy was extremely curious about how humans live, so he usually walked to nearest Estonian city his hut was. Oh my, did I mention that he lived in Estonia? Probably not, but let's keep going. There was also a big event on his 11th birthday - August was allowed to go into human school by his parents. He was now in center of that nuzzling city near him - August was slowly advancing into modern society. But he didn't forget about his parents, usually visiting them. His past wasn't bad, nor good, it was normal. Hah, strange to hear a normal past from a merman? Well, get used to it. When 15 hit our feminine fish, August was told about special academy, where different mythical species were allowed to study side-by-side. At the time, he decided to connect some Bereginya tribes of Estonia. Eventually, small Union of Bereginya tribes in Estonia grown to connect whole Bereginya tribes in Pre-Baltic and Baltic region. August himself turned to be one of head representatives of Estonian department of Bereginya tribes, and one of head senators in Baltic region. But it wasn't over - other regions started following path that Baltic region walked by, and eventually they connected nearly whole European Bereginya. He never thought that Bereginya have such powerful political system. His parents were really proud of him, but after he announced that wants to go to Omnibus Academy, they nearly fainted from shock. After debating with them, August decided to join the school, because, who could miss that kind of opportunity?
Other: August's parents have a tradition to give names for their children, based upon month they were born in. August was given second name, because of his attraction to plants (P.S Aquifolium is archaic name for Ilex). This is not normal for Bereginya, and is apparently sign of modernization of Bereginya community. August is also quite educated, but doesn't like to use them, instead using his instincts. He possesses high knowledge of three languages - Estonian, English and Mermish (Nohow connected to Bereginya community, and is unique modification of West-Slavic language), and partial knowledge of two others - Latvian (He sometimes visited his distant relatives in Latvia), and Russian.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Luma
Nope. unless they are diplomats. they love to show off their 'pure self' as it were.

Heh... kinda like Nism. Deen considers the idea of personally wearing clothes "Like wrapping a Ferrari in burlap."

Okay, I hope it's not too small!

As Deen would say, "It's not the size, it's the quality." Of course, he'd be talking about something completely different. :bsmile:

Heh... kinda like Nism. Deen considers the idea of personally wearing clothes "Like wrapping a Ferrari in burlap."
Pretty much, Why wear cloth when your body is made of crystal and your insides are made of intricate gold and silver cogs that glitter like a million gems.

Pretty much, Why wear cloth when your body is made of crystal and your insides are made of intricate gold and silver cogs that glitter like a million gems.

Exactly! Though in Deen's case, he's very proud of his fur, scales, shroudruff feathers and other... ummm... high-performance bits.

Exactly! Though in Deen's case, he's very proud of his fur, scales, shroudruff feathers and other... ummm... high-performance bits.
Why are you constantly giving me thoughts that Deen has enormously bi-
Oh...

Why are you constantly giving me thoughts that Deen has enormously bi-
Oh...
As I think I've mentioned, Deen has no shame. Pure "nature boy". And a very handsome member of his species. A quality he's very well aware of. Not only no shame, but very much a tease. At least towards females of his own kind... though his quirky sense of humor does leak over to those he meets. Especially towards those he likes.

He's also pretty much a typical teenager. "Typical" being open to some interpretation. After all, he is non-human, non-humanoid and alien.

As I think I've mentioned, Deen has no shame. Pure "nature boy". And a very handsome member of his species. A quality he's very well aware of. Not only no shame, but very much a tease. At least towards females of his own kind... though his quirky sense of humor does leak over to those he meets. Especially towards those he likes.
After reading this, I think that Deen and August will get along quickly. August's personality is somewhere near Deen. Shameless, loyal and perve- I mean, curious. But yes, August is more of a group person, careless about what others think what he looks like, and simply admiring things that are close to him.

After reading this, I think that Deen and August will get along quickly. August's personality is somewhere near Deen. Shameless, loyal and perve- I mean, curious. But yes, August is more of a group person, careless about what others think what he looks like, and simply admiring things that are close to him.

Deen will definitely find August a "person" of interest. I look forward to seeing what we can come up with... should be an adventure!

Deen will definitely find August a "person" of interest. I look forward to seeing what we can come up with... should be an adventure!
Yup!
Oh, also, is Deen okay with boys that gift him flowers? Not in a romantic way or anything...
... maybe.
Anyways, Bereginya have traditions to gift flowers as a sign of friendship (or as a romantic affection HUEHUE-).

Also, I have been thinking for a while, and found a problem:
How does food system work?

I have searched through information that is already in here, but found no information about different food given to different races. Just imagine (I'm taking Bereginya, because I don't know other characters good enough to say from their point of view):
August walks in cafeteria. He takes food, and then:
"... Is that what you call food?" "B-but it's not even fresh! It's unfrozen" "Too much species, and is that... is that a FISH?!"

So, yeah, I think that kind of food experience would be terrifying for any creature that has a bit of taste in them.

Reactions: Raven Haruka
It was by pure (bad) luck that one of the priests present at Iris' baptism had noticed that the baby had inborn talent for magic.
A regular priest wouldn't know about magic.

Unless someone eventually becomes the ambassador for magic-using humans and ties all of that to the church in some way. Buuut since we don't have an ambassador for that? Then, by default, we can't have any normal humans knowing about magic. Not even priests.

And to be honest, I'm getting a little bit tired of saying this. >:/

The summoning went without problems and a demon of decent power was called into this world.
I wouldn't allow you to make reference to another race like demons without having an ambassador to a-ok it. And if you're not going to be the ambassador for demons, then we can't have this.

...Not that it matters, since really everything about the bio that I've read so far since the part about the priest has already been made invalid by that one bit.

And so the demon, which later Iris will learn was named Nimus, was made a long-term tenant of Isis' left arm...
Yeah, you definitely wouldn't be able to do any of this without there being an approved race sheet for demons.

The starting point was replacing a human arm and although that was successful it had a unforeseen consequence - the machinery developed sentience and intelligence (which latter named itself Ri).
This is another thing that would have to be approved separately...

Overall? This bio (and, dare I say, this entire character concept) is almost completely irredeemable. While the concept of an "underground auction" like this isn't completely implausible -- given the fact that such a thing would basically be similar to Omnibus, as it's a place where all sorts of magical beings gather despite normally being in hiding -- the point still remains that you can't just make references to all these other things existing if you haven't written a race sheet yourself, and aren't basing it off of the race sheet of another ambassador. It would be one thing if you were only making passing references to these other things existing -- but making them into a central part of your character? No. That just won't do. At all. At this point, your character could basically count as a human/demon/AI "hybrid" -- and hybrids have to be approved by the ambassadors of all races that they're made up of. And if those races don't have ambassadors, then, well... either you have to take up that role, or it just won't happen.

I'm honestly not going to read any further on this one until this bio is heavily edited. ...But, to be honest, I'm really not sure how this character concept can be salvaged at all. >.>

August was given second name, because of his attraction to plants (P.S Aquifolium is archaic name for Ilex). This is not normal for Bereginya, and is apparently sign of modernization of Bereginya community.
Hah, that's clever -- I like it. XD

Overall, this looks good. Accepted! ^^

August will be in room 509.

XD Yeah, I wonder what would happen too.

@Kagayours
Probably nothing, since it seems like the Anthys actually live inside their host body, compared to the Devo- who live outside of their doll. A Devo would just assume the Anthys was a human, until evidence of their supernatural-ism appears.

Though, this is just my theory, I'll let @Yorika decide whether or not it's applicable.
Yeah, they definitely are similar. I think devo are bit more dark. But there defiantly could be some relation! Oooh the possibilities!

But you're correct for the most part. An Athys can take on any form depending on the being it takes over. So I don't think they would totally think they were human at first. But a normal being of what ever species they assume.

It would be interesting to see what they thought of each othrr. Though, an Athys probably wouldnt know what a devo was cause there's not much much travel for Athys to Synthos memory wise... But I was thinking about the possibility of when an Athys dies they revert to their Synthos form and return to the Divide and the yearning to be among the creatures of the realm again drives them to become and Athys!!!

Ahem... Pardon me. I seem to have gone off on a tangent. Anyways, yes. Devos and Athys are very similar. They could be related in some way but I'm not totally sure how as of right now. It requires more thought.

PS. Sorry I've been gone a couple days, work has just been slamming me. I'll be good for a while Now though

Last edited:
Reactions: Raven Haruka
Status
Not open for further replies.