Status
Not open for further replies.
"indeed" Seiko replied "even at my young age, though I am nearly mature, my powers can be useful in an array of situations" then Seiko laughed a little as cat ears and a tail appeared on her new friend "that is certainly useful!" she smiled "I can think of many situations I've been in where shape-shifting would have been very helpful" she laughed again, lightly.

then Avarice asked after someone named Ishika Tadeis. Seiko thought for a second, she'd seen a few people with white hair here but she hadn't spoken to any of them so she couldn't be sure if she'd seen this person. finally she shook her head "not as far as I am aware, I'm sorry Avarice, could you tell me anything else about them? perhaps I've seen her in the hall?"

Stranger Things...

Deen wasn't a lightweight object. In fact, he quite enjoyed Meela's mini tornado... loved the feel of wind through fur and over scales. So he did nothing with "this". However, he did give Viviana quite a lot to ponder. Gave his roomie, Nightshade, a very toothy grin...

... "Family secret......."

Yes, only two words to answer the question, as he shoved his recently loaned-out Omni Bit back under his ear. Bowed to Viviana. Dropped to all fours. And exited Room 506...

... "I'm in the mood for a triple-shot white mocha... last one to the Java Squirrel has to scrub our floor's toilets for a week!" Already ahead of everybody, he flashed toothy grin over shoulder, lifted tail and shroudruff in a flash towards everyone behind, then dashed off...

... *blink*...

... and he was gone down the stairs.

And yet, he couldn't help pondering as well, in his own thoughts. No, he hadn't intended his "sharing" with Viviana to be quite so involved. Hadn't intended to share other senses with her... other "sensations". Yes, stranger things had happened in his life. And yes, he had used his father's Omni Bit. Perhaps he should have known better. But then, if a female Devo had ever wondered... ever been curious about this young male Nism, about his species physiology... yes, after this, she most likely would have had all her questions answered.

Hopefully, she wouldn't run off in search of psychological help.......

Ishika, seeing that the people in the room did not mind the tornado just let out an annoyed sound exit her mouth before deciding to leave the ghost-girl alone as she took out another smoke. As she moved towards the lift she lighted the cigarette and wasted no time to click the button for the ground floor once she was in the elevator. As she exited she took a few glance left and right, noticing Avarice and another girl nearby, but not feeling in mood for more introductions quietly walked towards whatever exit would lead her to a open area...

@gamer5 (Naia) @Yorika (Anna) @Eruantien

Luna nodded to the girl with the glasses sitting next to her before turning back to address Naia, "The empty one is right. Most consume the tome with their eyes, but the energy within me consumes it much faster and it shall never forget what is consumed, unlike the eyes. Perhaps you require an example?" Luna dramatically swiped a napkin from a nearby holder and stretched out her right arm to slide it over to Naia. "Engrave your deepest secrets upon the scroll and fold it up to the point where no eye can reach it. Then, I shall consume it and prove that said secret lies within me." A secondary swipe grabbed a second napkin, which was slid over to the dark-shaded girl. "You may do so as well, if you wish."

"I won't be cleaning the floor!" Nightshade shouted down the hall.

He quickly thought over Deen's answer to his question as he moved his doll as fast as he could(which is considerably fast considering it doesn't ever get tired).

Down the stairs. A few turns. The smell of fresh coffee greeted him, telling him he was close.

More running. He would not be cleaning the stalls.

And there, Java Squirrel stood looming in the distance. He was safe.

~Sera~
The Athys

Sera flicked her tail about, her intrigue growing. This girl could make almost anything out of snow if she wanted to! She was about to add something when Ava asked her question about her room mate; the original reason they had even came out here. Sera thought about her description. This academy actually had quite a few beings with white hair, herself included. She had thought of that color as more of a rare occurrence, but then again, on Mire the hair color could be almost anything under the rainbow. A sort of commotion caught her ears, Sera's new cat ears twitching towards the sound she was hearing. Two beings were running as rather quick speeds, but Sera could make out that the first one was the feathered, four legged creature..... named..... Deen! Yeah that was his name. the other, she really couldn't tell to much about. "Well they seem to be in a hurry." She mutered, not to anyone in particular and turned back to the conversation at hand. "I agree with Seiko, more information would be helpful to find this Ishika." She said as she looked at the other two.

@AnimeLover_Princess @chaosheart13

@Yorika @AnimeLover_Princess

"Uh...more about them?" She squeezed her eyes shut as she tried to remember. "She...wore black? She seemed like a fairly reserved person too." Her entire body rippled as she shook herself. "I'm sorry, that's all I can give you. I don't know her well and my vision was too fuzzy to make out anything of note. Still, I want to find her since she seemed to have disappeared somewhere." She heard a commotion going on nearby and saw two things blur right past them. She shrugged it off, however, thinking that whatever just happened was normal. "Hey Seiko, want to join us in finding Ishika?" she asked.

@Luma, @Yorika (Anna), @Eruantien

Naia looked at the napkin and thought about what to write. She decided to go with one of Hudi Alune's more interesting mental experiments, now actually usable on someone. She wasted no time and wrote down rapidly in her nearly-illegible handwriting: "...Airen was dying as his condition slowly caused more of his body to shut down. After seven years of life in happiness it took only a few months for the young boy to become nothing but a darkness that swallowed him and his family. Gone was the happy laughter, gone were the broad smiles and Airen's home was deadly silent as everyone held their breaths and prayed. Never giving up hope Airen kept making Hayte. Then one morning he could no longer move his hands at all. Later that morning new came that someone managed to figure out a treatment for Airen's condition. But it was to late, Airen left out his last breath a few moments before the news came, the unfinished ninety ninth Hayte laying on the floor..." Naia wrote down this, her heart wincing with pain when she remembered reading about Airen for the first time, but a good shake of her head and a reminder that it was not her fault brought her back to a semblance of normality. "Here," she uttered as she returned the napkin, the text facing the table, to the book-eating girl...

Safe Speed...

Safe?

Nightshade obviously didn't consider... fast as he could move his "doll", well, his doll was human. On two legs. Not ever getting tired had nothing to do with it.

Speed?

Even the fastest human on record only made it to 27.8 miles per hour. Deen wasn't in any way human. And he had the ability to run on all fours. So, poor Nightshade may have thought himself "safe" and "fast", but.......

....... Deen had toured the entire campus in less than an hour. Nearly the entire campus, given he'd only made it to the dorm's fifth floor, before his emergency pee break. And all the rest that had happened, up to the point he'd made challenge, and turned back the way he'd come. What with all the things he'd touched and sniffed, he had markers everywhere. And could run far faster than a cheetah. Perhaps magic was involved for the Devo? If so, safe speed for Nightshade could... well, he was wearing an "enchanted" shirt, and was also quite likely passing by quite a few of Deen's markers. Little chi spells, to use a familiar concept. What with the whole "first impressions" thing, Deen felt his roomie really needed more "lessons".

Not that he'd set them up for that, but they did allow him to keep track of movements. Shirt also wasn't too happy moving fast... yes, she enjoyed her "sessions" in the dryer, all warm and tumbly... but this? No! So she clenched. Tightened up. Shrank.......

So, Nightshade may have thought himself safe from scrubbing toilets, but.......

Deen arrived in a flash, fur and shroudruff all fluffed and ruffled, right there at the counter. Behind the counter, a squirrel dressed in a neat little apron stared at him...

... "Whatcanigetforyou-" The squirrel leaned forwards and looked down... "- sir?"

A second aproned squirrel came rushing along the counter, pulled the first squirrel back, and bonked him on the head...

... "I'vetoldyouathousandtimesdon'tdothat!"

Deen grinned as he traced a pattern on the counter before him. Yes, indeed, this place was now officially marked as his favorite hang-out.......

Seiko also stopped to stare as the two individuals ran past, she hadn't actually met either but they seemed to be the regular fare around here, meaning completely out of the ordinary for anywhere else. that made her smile a little as she turned back to look at her companions. she nodded at Sera's comment "indeed, I wonder why," she shrugged and smiled when Sera followed up with saying that she agreed with her.

Avarice did seem to be thinking hard but didn't have much for them to go on. she hummed slightly as she thought "it doesn't sound familiar" she nudged Shadow slightly but the wolf ignored her. she grinned when she was invited to join their search "Sure! I do not exactly have anything else to do" she gestured to her suitcase, which had long been forgotten on the floor nearby "my things are not very heavy so it'll be no trouble" she nudged her wolf again and it looked up at her but didn't actually get back up. "may I ask, though, why we are looking for this person?"

Nightshade saw Deen at the counter, and felt a blow to his luck. "Of course he beat me, I became too cocky and thought that he'd be slow."

Yes, there was a magic involved with Nightshade's running. If he were to race Usain Bolt, he'd win before Usain were halfway done. Nightshade could push his doll to around 50 miles per hour if need be, and this was a need be situation...

Shirt seemed to be moving again on Nightshade's doll. He laughed to himself, then walked up to the counter, beside of Deen.

"You win Deen. Anyone else in this challenge, or am I the only one?"

Suddenly, a third squirrel rushed up to him, and asked, "Whatwouldyaliketodrink?"

"Deen, what should I get? Never been to one of these before. Can't really taste drinks anyways..."

*edited to change color of Aelos' dialogue so it stands out and is more clear

The bus ride to the Academy was a bit claustrophobic. Aelos was not used to being so close to many other people, especially without having to move for a period of time. He longed for the feel of the wind, or even the heat of the day. He longed to be able to stop for a bit to stretch his legs, talk with the forest or other critters. He longed to feel the forest around him and beneath him, or beneath his steed. As he sighed, remembered that he wanted to come here, to Earth. He really did, but he still hated the standard transportation.

Aelos had spent a few months on Earth in order to adjust to life on the planet. It was incredibly different from the Gora that he knew. There was much more...machinery, and was very industrialized. The wild had been tied with a leash ending in a noose, as a warning to obey the will of man. It rubbed him the wrong way that the humans treated the wild that way, but it was what he had learned in school. Very accurate, and just as disheartening.

But, the Earth did have other great things. Television was pretty cool, and the National Geographic magazines were mystifying. Photography in general was a whole new world, as it was a niche area in Gora. Stories were told by mouth and written to an extent. But, the many different arts of the human world, of Earth...both visual and performing arts were much vaster. It was something that the Freaer could learn from, and he was getting used to. In his hands at the moment, was a smartphone (provided by the Freaer) which played many different types of music of Earth through his earbuds.

The scenery and music shot back into focus after finally settling. Occupants got out of their seats and Aelos followed suit, unplugging from his music invigoration. He grabbed a large army duffle bag and assumed the semblance of a turtle. A proud one which stood tall, used to the weight of the bag that was nearly as tall as he was. In his left hand he grabbed a large hard suitcase which housed his bow and quiver of arrows, one of the few things he had from back home. He relaxed at its familiar weight and turned around to venture to his newest vista.

The young man sported black running shoes, blue jeans, a gray tee, and his trademark brown leather jacket. His totem bobbed from the necklace it hung from, dancing in the excitement of the environment. And it really was something; there were so many different types of people, and not people. There were flashes of magic of all kinds and things that were just as flashy, but not magical. Aelos had trouble taking it all in, and had to slow his pace so he wouldn't run into anything.

What brought him back to earth was a familiar smell of ground coffee. His face relaxed, which seemed overwhelmed before, as he headed towards a stand that had squirrels running around it. Before it was quite the majestic beast, who appeared to be the only one in line. Aelos was happy in his approach, assuming he would be the next in line. Before he could fall in file, the feathered quadruped was joined soon by a quick moving human…an unnatural looking one, by Aelos' standards.

He walked to the side of the newest arrival, overhearing his comment. "Deen, what should I get? Never been to one of these before. Can't really taste drinks anyway…"

"Maybe you should ask them if they have a special blend for your kind of people," Aelos suggested while glancing at the boy. He appeared to be around his age. Aelos then looked to one of the squirrels, "Hey, any chance you have something he could taste?"

The squirrel's eyes darted back and forth between the two, before settling back on his customer. "AhyesDevoBlendmaybegood", it chattered, "Itisamagicalblendyouwouldbeabletotastewhatdoyouthink?"

"And I'll have a cappuccino.", he spoke to one of the squirrels, who kindly went off to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
@gamer5 (Naia) @Yorika (Anna)

Luna folded the napkin inward such that the words remained invisible and stuffed it in her mouth. A few seconds passed before she finally swallowed it, and as she did, her childish grin vanished to be replaced by a pitying half-smile. Turning to Naia, she spoke carefully, "I had expected a secret much less dark from you at your age, crystal child. Unfortunately, this is a secret that only seems to hold significance for you; I have yet to consume knowledge of Hayte or Airen. Did you and Airen share a bond of familiarity? Either way, I shall keep the secret within me forever. With the completion of this ritual, your understanding of my energies shall have increased." Luna slid the book back in front of her to continue munching on the rest of it, her face slowly regaining the silly joy it usually possessed.

@Roose Hurro @Sail @Psuedoku

Sol waved her new body's limbs about, testing their functionality. It was a far cry from inhabiting a giant ball of fire, that's for sure. Lying down on the sandy beach, these new, human eyes calmly gazed up at the now vacant star in the blue sky. It seemed so distant, and somewhat blurred by the atmosphere. Naturally, it was much colder here, but this body's coverings seemed to keep her warm. The dark-blue hoodie and pants appeared to be the most effective of her clothes at maintaining heat. Still so cold, yet it did actually feel warm to this body. It appeared completely human, aside from the orbiting lights around her head and the dark aura that was slowly turning into a glow.

Sol slowly and carefully brought this new body to a standing position. She wobbled back and forth a bit, but managed to keep standing and stabilize herself after a few seconds. Strange, not being the center of gravity. So, walking... you just move one foot in front of the other and...'flop'; face-first into the sand. Well that definitely wasn't correct. After several more failed attempts, a slow walk cycle had been successfully learned. Time to explore.

Roughly 30 minutes later, Sol finally approached the main campus. Everything seemed so cramped, with planetaries everywhere, all hastily moving from place to place. From the view in space, Sol had concluded that this place was where new planetaries were grown. This appeared similar to plants, except planetaries seemed to require spending time in these tall structures to grow. Maybe they supplied the necessary nutrition. Yes, that must be it. Just then, a couple creatures raced past Sol at an astonishing pace, the faster one being 4-legged, while the other had 2, more like her own body.

Curious at their haste in getting to that particular building, Sol began to follow them at a considerably slower pace. Luckily, it was close, so it didn't take long until she had caught up and approached them. She stood behind the group, now brightly glowing, which made her long golden hair and celestial halo seem all the more vibrant. Okay, now was a good time to try out her voice. Aiming her mouth towards the group of people near Java Squirrels, Sol let out an airy, whispery, babbling sound that sounded more sickly than anything. Clearly this was going to take some time to get used to. Defaulting to Earth's visual language, Sol addressed the group with her silver-eyed gaze, as flaming letters sprung into existence beside her, spelling out: "How do I operate my voice?"

Reactions: Sail and Kagayours
"I'll try it I guess..." Nightshade thought to himself, then speaking he said, "I guess I'll take one. Not sure how you can make a drink for a demon like being, but I won't doubt you."

Nightshade floated about three yards behind his doll, when he saw a bright looking being walk up behind his group. Suddenly, flaming letters appeared in the air, reading, "How do I operate my voice?"

He then remember his initial attempts at learning how his Devo powers worked. He remembered how confused he was. He knew that car had killed him, he had heard the EMT's yelling that he was dead. But quickly after, he suddenly felt alive again, but his body was gone, and he had been surrounded by darkness. He quickly left the special world, and felt a pull towards a body, one he thought had been his. He came to it, and instantly gained control. At least, that's what he remembered. It took a while before he'd be able to control it perfectly, and even longer before he learned how to speak with both his doll and with his demon voice. He preferred the doll's voice to his, especially with cross-species relations.

As he waited for the Devo Blend, he turned his doll around and spoke to the girl, "I know how. I was much like you at some point long ago. There are these things in your throat. You should be able to push air through them, and then use the thing in your mouth to change how the air flows, making various sounds. Just simply think the word in your mind, and imagine it welling up through your throat as air."

"Hopefully that will help," he thought to himself as he waited for his Devo Blend.

@Luma (Luna), @Yorika (Anna) & @Eruantien

Naia allowed herself a moment of silence and then said: "It is not a secret, but thanks for the thought. And sorry for my previous behavior. I shouldn't have left my emotions get the better of me and cause my rudeness. I apologize to both of Yai'Ii. I hope Yai'Ii will forgive me. Now before I excuse my self and return to my companion, I am Naia Matei and I hope our awkward first meeting will leave a bad mark on our relations." She looked both at the book-eating girl and the one caught in the cross-fire before giving a small bow to both and awaited their reply.

~Sera~
The Athys

Sera gave Ava a sympathetic smile. "Hey it's alright. Why don't we start out with walking around the campus? That'll give us a wider search area." She said and looked around. This place was huge, she guessed that it had to be to house so many different beings. She looked back as Seiko started talking about her bags. "Well why don't we drop them off in the dorms and they go on our adventure?" She asked, moving to scoop up Shadow. She had growb slightly attached to the little wolf pup. She did, however, pause when Seiko asked, why they were looking for Ava's room mate. "Well, you know, I'm not totally sure. Ava said she needed help and I volunteered, and we ended up here afterwards..." She looked towards Ava for a bettere answer.

@AnimeLover_Princess @chaosheart13

~Anna Fade~
The Greyen

Anna shook her head to the offer the book girl posed. She didn't really feel like divulging any information. She watched as the book girl ate the piece of paper the small girl had written on. The book girl then started talking about a dark past and some names that Anna had never heard before. She wondered what the small girl had written about, but she knew it wasn't her place to pry. Soon the small girl introduced herself, the girl's name was Naia. "That's a really pretty name..." Anna had blurthed that out before she could even think about it. Her face became a bit red from an embarrased blush, her eyes glowing to a maroon color to match her embarrassment. "Ah I'm sorry! ThathappenssometimesandIdon'trealizewhatI'mdoing!" She stumbled trying to get her words out as she tried to compose herself. She had been waving her hands aroundthe whole time she was apologizing. She took a deep breath and calmed herself. "I'm Anna Dom- er I mean I'm Anna Fade." She still wasn't used to her new name, even if it had been over a year.

@Luma @gamer5

Orders...

Deen had indeed won. Not that he expected a trophy. Or any fanfare. He didn't even hop around in excitement, or even razz the looser... yes, he glanced about, but the others he'd offered challenge to either hadn't taken him up on it, or just hadn't arrived, yet. So, he just shrugged and grinned, grin turned from Nightshade to the third squirrel... who not only had a bit of a country drawl, but had a most odd expression on its... on his rodent face. Attempt at a smile, perhaps, but it made him look more like he was getting ready to leap. And bite someone's face off.

Deen tried to keep a serious expression on his own face... to not laugh out loud. Didn't help, what with the other two squirrels arguing in such high, squeaky voices. The "staring-one" just trying to deal very calmly with such varied customers, and wanting to get "details" right, the other, the "head-bonker", all squeaking about how rude it was to stare at chests and crotches and other things.......

And then there was this new-student arrival, humanoid, very helpful. "Bite-face", a bit less country and a lot more wordy, apparently well versed on the customer oddities of Omnibus. The new arrival, ordering a cappuccino.

Deen didn't need to help his roomie decide. Nightshade just ordered what was suggested. While he...

... "Triple-shot white mocha... extra whipped cream!"

Deen settled fur and shroudruff, half his attentions on the squirrel antics, most especially the one making the drinks, the other half, drifting about. Yes, he kept tabs on those present. And those soon to be present. Just as easily as he drew breath. Because this was all just as normal for him as breathing.

Didn't take long for their drinks to come (though his roomie's order looked like it would require extra time)... yes, only a little bit longer for a very unusual being to finally arrive. Eyebrow raised, as Nightshade answered the flame-written question posed by this most unusual female-pattern entity.......

A lick of whipped cream. Raise of mug to everyone presently in the room. Grin...

... "To Coffee!" Yes, Deen's voice capitalized the word "coffee" as if saying a person's name... "If we're fated to learn in the same classrooms... live under the same roof... wander the same halls... might as well share coffee and conversation at the nearest available table!" With that declaration, without hesitation, Deen made good on his invite, and claimed the nearest available table, which just so happened to be unoccupied. Grabbed a chair, turned it one-hundred and eighty degrees, and sat. Chair-back now in front, his tail had free space out back...

... though it did look quite odd.

@Yorika @AnimeLover_Princess

"Sure, I can do that," Avarice said as she inched closer to the luggage, "And I can carry your bags to the dorm for you. If that's alright of course." Without hesitation, she looped one tentacle around the luggage and lifted it up. "Ah, why I'm looking for Ishika? ...I'm just afraid something might've happened to her. She just disappeared so suddenly..." She shook her body. "I know we're in a place that looks safe, but anything disappearing suddenly warrants some sort of investigation, right?"

Nightshade very awkwardly picked up his Devo Blend(it had been quite a while since he last picked up something heavy) feeling a strange energy coming from it. He moved his doll holding his Devo Blend over to the table, then sat the Devo Blend on the table and put his doll into a chair.

"So, Deen, I will take you up on that conversation offer," Nightshade said as he drank his drink with his actual spirit. It seemed to be made of Ectoplasm, and was very tasty, "Where are you from? And how did you get here?"

He awaited his roomies response from across the table, excited to possibly learn more of him, all the while Shirt continued playing with his doll's bellybutton.

Status
Not open for further replies.