Status
Not open for further replies.
Seiko would have blushed when they said they'd drop her things off first, if she was capable of blushing, she knew it was a human thing but she wasn't much different from a vampire or a ghost. "that is very kind of both of you" she said, giggling a little as Sera scooped up Shadow. the wolf got very confused and a little annoyed but after squirming for a minute gave up and just laid his head on Sera's shoulder, Seiko reached over and pet his back for a second, smiling. she was half tempted to take her bag from Ava but smiled and said "oh you don't need to carry it for me, though I appreciate it"

she listened to Avarice's explanation for why they were looking for this 'Ishika' it made enough sense to her "I believe you are right, you can never be too sure, no where is a hundred percent safe, I have learned that the hard way"
with that she glanced at the elevator "my room is upstairs, number 513"

@gamer5 @Luma @Yorika

Before anything else could be said between the petite Naia and her jovial new friends, Neptune had hurried over to their table. She had all too obviously been listening to their conversation, and had to move quickly to prevent any further good-intentioned catfighting. "Ooh, Naia, I'm starved," Neptune told her, gently taking her arm and beginning to lead her back to their own table.

"Can we begin to eat now?" She asked Naia sweetly. "I'm sure we have lots to do today, and it's no good starting on an empty stomach, is it?" Neptune cast a slightly apologetic look over her shoulder towards the other two girls.

After avoiding Avarice and whoever was talking with her, Ishika found a nice spot that was not easy to see from the path leading to the dorms and simply watched the random students rushing in or out of the school. After getting bored of this and slightly thirst after finishing her smoke she wandered around at random searching for a source of any drink aside from water, be it a shop, vending machine or so on.

@Roose Hurro, @Sail, @Luma

As the darker looking youth took the squirrel's suggestion, Aelos watched the squirrels swiftly at work. It was curious, really; the creatures operated machinery that were much bigger than their tiny bodies. Behind the counter were the typical gadgets and gizmos that one expected in a coffee shop on Earth, but accompanied with unfamiliar devices that also appeared to be for making coffee. Aelos couldn't help but feel wonder at the squirrels presenting drinks to their customers. The drinks in question were sometimes as tall as the squirrels themselves. Aelos couldn't imagine accomplishing such a feat himself.

If wonder was what Aelos felt while watching the squirrels at work, then the appearance of the next individual evoked inspiration. 'She is the sun, and I...but a humble servant to walk in her presence.' , Aelos mused, in her presence. The poor fool, young as he is, was attributing her unearthly glow to what he read on "love at first sight". Not only did her glowing match what he read, but what he had heard from stories from his mentor, Fencis Willower. 'But, I didn't expect love at first sight to be...this literal.'

"How do I operate my voice?"

Aelos watched the being--that's what she felt like, otherworldly--quite openly asked for assistance. It was his chance, to be the one who could help her. Except, he didn't know how to. In his hesitation and ignorance, the opportunity was taken by the other male. Aelos was a bit discouraged, until the winged beast raised his newfound drink in a toast and invitation to all in the room. Aelos soon received his cappuccino, taking a sip and realizing that he could always make opportunities, like the beast did. He raised his own cup slightly, in response to the toast, "To hearth and fellowship...", Aelos murmured to himself.

Then, with his resolve settled, Aelos tried to open an opportunity. "You may not be able to speak quite well yet," he commented, "But perhaps a drink could help ease and coax your voice? Maybe those squirrel folk could help find a drink that would help you, as they did with the fellow who answered your question.", his voice a lot more gentler than before. It was involuntary; he didn't want to set that bad an impression. He had to get to know her...she was his first love, right? Yet, a small voice was trying to tell him otherwise, trying to tell him that her glow may have been the more tangible type of magic, not the one fairy tales were made of. Needless to say, it was squashed in his delusion.

"Then...you could join us for conversation. It would be good practice, and that fellow over there," he gestured to the table where the winged beast and the young man now sat, "He could give you some tips. I do believe that four legged fellow offered an open invitation to conversation."

Aelos then walked over to the table where the two were seated. "Sorry, but that invitation was an open one, correct?", he asked, waiting to see if it was alright for him to sit and talk with them.

• Love
Reactions: Luma
~Luna~
@Yorika (Anna)

Luna glanced back at Naia as she made her introduction. "Mm mmph," she hummed out, halfway through another large bite of paper, before her friend led her back to their seats. Just what was that crystalline magic used for anyway? So mesmerizing. Still, asking was always the boring way to discover things. Much more fun to eat things, tackle them with a scanning device, or narrow down the possibilities. On that note...Luna's eyes turned back to the one who had claimed the 'in-between' seat. 90% certainty...well, maybe 50-to-80% given the diversity of this place, but it was easy enough to figure out. "Our bond has been solidified in this moment, empty one," she declared in her own sort of introduction. "My own title is Luna, huntress of the divine, the fantastical, and the magical." With this, Luna thrust out her right arm to offer a handshake, the violet eyes watching Anna's reaction closely with a curious look.

~Sol~
@Sail @Psuedoku @Roose Hurro

Dropping her arm back to her side, Sol dispelled the flame letters. Another darker-looking humanoid then proceeded to offer his own advice. So hard to follow at this pace...but the most important point: "I was much like you at some point long ago." This one is also a star?! Why here? She'd have to ask him about that later. Then the other humanoid let loose another variety of words, as she slowly turned to meet his eyes. Most might be able to pick up the change in his voice, but any sort of subtle implications were completely lost on Sol. It seemed like a permit to approach that table. Planetaries required permission for that? More things to question later. For now, Sol approached the table and stood beside it.

Okay...so thinking back to the advice, push air through 'things' in the throat. What 'things'? Another few attempts were made, but all that came out was a soft, breathy sound, each failure slowly building up frustration. After several more attempts at this, another learning approach came to mind. Examples always helped. With this purpose, the 9 lights circling her head suddenly separated and flew in several directions, attempting to enter and possess any creature with a voice they could find. Of course, when dealing with living creatures, this wouldn't be the 'complete takeover' sort of possession. The native soul would always fight Sol's outside control, or anyone's really. Rather, these celestial orbs would be more like 'passive observers'; showing her precisely how to make the sounds they were making.

Conversation Started...

Deen was not in any way winged. Feathers, yes. Perhaps his shroudruff would appear wings at first glance (very tiny wings, covering only half his back), but... yes, Deen ruffled fur and spread his half-grown shroudruff feathers both at his roomie's questions and at this newest arrival's attempts at learning to speak. Especially when she "scattered spheres"...

... "No need for sorry... it's so open, the door's been ripped off its hinges." Grin towards "cappuccino boy", then back to roomie...

... "I'm from so far away, I can't tell you exactly where... just somewhere, out there..." Point and wave of tail towards ceiling, and sky beyond, as he leaned over his chair-back... "And I got here by jumping across Threshhold... reason I can't tell you exactly where I'm from, other than another world far, far away. Hammerspace has this strange reluctance to tell just exactly where you've been. Only tells you where you are or where you want to go... if it doesn't decide to not even tell you that. Advents do add that element of Surprise! to travel."

Deen licked away enough whipped cream, he could finally take a sip of his T.S.W.M, which led to raised chin, closed eyes, and a long, drawn-out purr... "I was lucky enough to hit this island... long shot, but there's so much chi gathered here, I think my Hammerspace Threshhold just hit me with an Advent." Deen grabbed another sip, ears back.......

....... and yes, Shirt was back to fondling Nightshade's bellybutton, no longer afraid, now that they weren't moving so fast.......

Last edited:
@Eruantien, @Luma (as Luna) & @Yorika (as Anna)

Naia nodded her head, gave a quick: "Well later then" to the two girls and then returned to her seat. She wasted no time to start putting the food she ordered into her mouth. Over the years of rushing to study more or to return to whatever experiment was she conducting at the time made Naia develop a particularity effective way of eating that optimized speed without sacrificing chewing. This aside, Naia kept some attention to the other table, hopping to catch the name of the other girl...

"Uhh....what's Threshold or Hammerspace? And what's an Advent? You gotta remember...." Nightshade paused, taking a long drink from his strange coffee.

He quickly looked at his doll, and focusing, saw a strange energy emanating from it. It didn't alarm him, and he continued speaking to Deen, saying, "...I'm a dead being that controls a doll, and I was once a human. I don't really know much about other race's magic. That's one reason I came here...the other being to...test the waters, so to speak." he said with a laugh.

Last edited:
Aelos took his seat at the approval of the feathered creature, who was not as winged as he initially thought. While the feathered fellow and the one who called himself a puppeteer sat opposing each other, the young totem warrior sat in the middle. This left the feathered friend at his left, and the other at his right. The girl who had mysterious spheres circling her head stood beside the table, not really taking a position much anywhere. Aelos motioned to the seat in front of him, gesturing that she was open to sit too.

As he listened to the two talk, he nodded and sipped on his cappuccino. His bag and hard case that held his bow found themselves at his side, while Aelos sat back and relaxed. He wasn't quite sure what the bird-man...griffon-man meant when he spouted out a lot of senseless jargon. Aelos nodded in agreement to the doll's question for clarity, while keeping an eye on the bodies of light that have left the girl. One of them curiously entered him, and he felt the spirit of the Hawk take on a defensive poise on the intruder.

The Hawk decided that the spirit, or whatever the orb was, was not hostile and allowed it to stay, but kept its guard up. Aelos felt this interaction himself and wasn't quite sure what to think about it. It's curious, but I think I'll be fine? After all, there was medical services on campus for these cases, right?

"I have a feeling that the two of you are already acquainted, if I'm not mistaken.", Aelos spoke, "I am Aelos. I come from a world that is parallel to Earth, which is my home called Gora." The boy then turned to the one who identified himself as a spirit, "I'd be happy to teach you about the magic of my people. I came here to learn about the many different races, besides myself. And, perhaps you could elaborate on these 'Thresholds' and 'Hammerspace', so the water's a bit more familiar? Mister..." Aelos trailed off, passing the ball back to the friendly being while asking for his name.

Sera
The Athys

Sera smiled as she cuddled her new found puppy, much to Shadow's dismay. She felt him give in and scratched his back as a reward. As Seiko caved to let them help her, the Athys smiled and started back towards the lift. "Onwards and upwards my friends!" She called, probably gaining a few strange looks. Sera didn't care one bit. She soon reached the lift and turned to wait for the others.

Anna Fade
The Greyen

'Empty one?' Anna thought to herself. She had never been called that before. But Luna, as Anna had just learned, wasn't far off. Anna was barely alive to begin with, taking the life energy of others. When Luna thrust her hand out to the Greyen, Anna hesitated. As hungry as she was, her eyes were stark white, she didn't want to ruin this soon to be friendship. By the time she was done thinking, her hand was half extended. Her hand shook as she fought herself, trying to find the best solution. "Its..... Its nice to meet you Luna." She spoke in a shaky voice as she swallowed whatever quams she had. She needed to eat, she wasn't going to hurt anyone by shakinvn this girl's hand. At least Anna would never make that mistake again.

As soon as Anna touched Luna's hand she could feel her warm engery flowing into her. It was like curling up in a big chair with a soft blanket, only on the inside. Anna found she didn't want to let go of Luna's hand, but it was always like that. The taste of energy fills the void for now, but the growling hunger never quite lets up. Anna finished shaking Luna's hand, giving hr a firm squeeze before letting go. "So... Luna, what makes you a huntress of the divine?" She asked, curious where the name had come from.​

@Yorika @AnimeLover_Princess

"No no, it's fine," Avarice said as they lugged the bag towards the lift, "I don't mind doing work for people, especially if they're sweethearts." It was very lightweight to her, so it was no trouble at all. She crawled her way towards the lift and tried to squeeze inside, only to find that they couldn't really fit without taking too much room. "...Um, I'll just...take the stairs," she said sheepishly as she wiggled out of the lift and began making her way towards the stairs. She'll find the room somehow.

Seiko followed the pair towards the elevator, feeling a little bad since they both carried something and her hands were free, but they were insistent so she let them carry her things, Shadow didn't seem to care too much about being carried, which made her smile a little, the wolf generally wasn't the most friendly creature to anyone but her, he wasn't exactly overtly hostile but he seemed far more comfortable here and didn't feel like Sera was a threat. that made her feel a little better, Shadow had good instincts.
she stepped into the elevator, cautiously as she wasn't the most trusting of technology, and waited for Avarice to get on.

when it became apparent that Avarice could not ride the elevator in her current state the girl said she'd take the stair. "Oh! Wait!" Seiko said, stepping out to get her new friend's attention. "you're a shapeshifter, aren't you? I can take my bag and you can change to a form that can fit in the elevator, it would be faster, and that way you won't get lost looking for my room"

@Yorika (Anna) @gamer5 (Naia) @Eruantien

As the empty being grabbed Luna's hand, she felt her mind siphon out through her fingers and fill Anna. Not particularly unpleasant, but really annoying. Like trying to remember something you just couldn't. First it was the last page, then the next-to-last and so on. Well her suspicions were confirmed at least, but still...she kept on siphoning...how long was it since this girl had eaten? Still holding hands, she grabbed the remainder of the book and munched the rest of it down over several minutes; every new piece of information immediately began to fade. Looking back to her, Anna appeared almost like a cat in front of a warm fire. Up until now, Luna's face had looked rather peeved, but she couldn't deny her face a grin after seeing Anna in such contentment. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, she let go and asked about her self-proclaimed title.

"Mm, the empty one feels no gratitude towards her sustenance," Luna 'questioned' in a half-serious, half-teasing manner? "I suppose you're accustomed to performing this ritual of feasting in stealth. My own life energies grow back over time, but to some, that could have been dangerous, so watch what you eat kiddo." Her bright eyes met Anna's in a moment of seriousness. Such moments were rare for Luna and, in these cases, she often found herself using terms like 'kiddo' or 'guppy' to convey her own seniority. It really didn't matter if she was lecturing a child or a full-grown adult: they were all kiddos and young'ins when she was giving important advice.

Luna went straight on to answer Anna's question, returning to her usual silly eccentricity, "I prefer to focus more on the magical. If you're careful, you can repurpose magic to do nearly anything imaginable...you just need to find enough of the right flavor. Divine just happens to be my favorite flavor. Speaking of flavors, I just had an idea..." Luna schemed as she peered towards the remaining trays of food still waiting to be purchased.

Sitting still for so long waiting for Anna to finish 'eating' had made her antsy, so without skipping a beat, she stood up and raced towards the end of the, now very short, line for food. Upon reaching the front, Luna reached into her shirt pocket, pulled out a checkbook with a pen, and wrote an astonishingly large sum, handing it out to the cashier. After a few whispers that led to facial expressions of shock, disapproval and, finally, excitement from the staff members, they all quietly exited through the back with their 'tip'. Eating thousands of economic books and stock market records had really paid off for Luna...literally.

Luna perused her newly acquired 'ammo' with excitement; there was so much potential here. After a quick deliberation, she selected hash browns, stealthily levitating a few to different edges of the room and pointing them at random students as she climbed over the counter for cover. In one swift movement, several crispy potato foods were flung at high speeds into the center of the room from different angles, causing the room to erupt into chaos. Meanwhile, Luna was ducking down behind the register, as a line of peas were levitated upwards and fired outward like a machine gun into the crowd.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Yorika
@Psuedoku @Roose Hurro @Sail

Sol made her way over to the empty seat she was offered, at the very least, this visual gesture was more familiar. After a few moments of planning out the action, she finally made a very slow and careful decent onto the chair. Her straight blond hair was long to the point that she ended up sitting on it, though this didn't seem to bother her. Once she was finally situated, Sol stared off blankly, focusing on the information coming in from these orbs. It felt like what they were doing was utilizing those flaps in the throat in such a way that it vibrated the air coming out. It made sense; sound appeared to be vibrations in the atmosphere. Testing this, Sol made a soft humming sound and varied it up and down like a vocal warm up. Already, her voice was sounding fairly natural; something that could probably be attributed to the incredible magic of this place.

Sol focused back on the actual meaning of the conversation, maybe she'd even contribute a word or two. It was already a stretch to follow a normal conversation, but the 4-legged one frustrated her. So many words, of which very few made any sense. An irked expression found it's way onto her face; more towards her lack of understanding than anything else. The soulless being added his own conversation to the mix, which just confused her further as she was still trying to process the feathered being's words. Finally, the last one spoke some sense. This portal was news to Sol, but it seemed plausible enough.

It seemed best to reward the behavior of 'speaking sense' Aelos had displayed. With this in mind, the celestial orb within Aelos began to create and maintain a metaphorical blanket of heat around him, roughly the temperature of a hot summer's day. Hopefully this would comfort him during this freezing cold weather. Meanwhile, Sol continued focusing on learning how to use her voice, as she hummed and chirped out soft vocal sounds that closely resembled vocal warm-ups.

Testing Waters...

Deen had to ponder for a moment just how to explain to Nightshade what.......

....... but then "cappuccino boy"... Aelos... stared making major contributions to the gathering conversation. While the newest, female arrival, "sphere girl", started warming up her voice. Deen grinned...

... "Oh, yes... acquainted..." His ears went back a bit, mane-fur ruffled, eyes bright... "We're roomies." Grin became less toothy, more a smile...

... "I'm Deen, of the Bloodline Ahvviyinn." His tail swept up and waved between them... "As for elaboration......."

Deen leaned again over his chair-back, grabbed a long pull on his drink...

... then slid off his chair onto all fours, paced three steps away, stretched, shook himself, threw his tail up and "mooned" everyone, grin back in full as he glanced over shoulder...

... "Best I just give you a demo."

His forehead badge started to shimmer... And a Door that is not a door, opened by a Knob that is not a knob... yes, Deen made a short run and leapt, right there in the Java Squirrel, and vanished from tip of snout to tip of tail, as if swallowed by a slice of air. Five seconds later, he emerged from that same slice of air in the same manner, only arriving on twos, when he left on fours. Because he held what looked like an ordinary toolbox.

Which he set on the table, not far from his drink, his backside and nether regions again settled in his chair.......

@Eruantien, @Yorika (Anna) & @Luma (Luna)

Naia saw the food fight erupt, but cared little about stopping or joining it, wanting to finish her food and leave as soon as possible. Still she could not risk a flying serving of food to ruin the rest of her meal. While wandering what Neptune though about this sudden situation Naia used her free arm to take out one of her Magical Gloves and wasted no time in letting magic run trough it. An already seen circle filled with words appeared around the table and chairs that were occupied by Naia and Neptune. Using pauses between bites she dictated instructions: "Open flow, run process, execute spell." With that done the circle shone and to anyone that could see magic, created a small but constant flow of magic to it that originated from Naia. At the same time a line of symbols appeared at roughly eye height where the edge of the circle was and started rotating along its circumference. With the wind-based barrier in place Naia could now eat in absolute peace, knowing that any flying food will be intercepted by a gust of wind if it tried entering the barrier.

@gamer5 @Yorika (Anna) @Luma

The cafeteria was suddenly noisy. Neptune couldn't tell what had happened at first, but it soon became evident that for some reason or other, students were now excitedly hurling all sorts of edible items at each other, and in every other direction. Neptune was glad she'd brought Naia away from one potential quarrel, but now there was a tumult much larger in scale. However, Naia quickly used one of her many magical artifacts to create what appeared to be a barrier around herself and Neptune, shielding them from incoming yummy projectiles. As a banana 'pinged' into the barrier and was immediately whisked away again, Neptune looked around curiously at the chaos that was unfolding outside of their tiny bubble of peace.

"So..." Neptune asked Naia nonchalantly, as a veritable smorgasbord of vegetables was reflected from the barrier at the same moment, "might I inquire why you've isolated us in here? Wouldn't you rather join in the fun that the others are having?" Here Neptune spread her hands broadly, standing up and turning slowly as several gallons of chocolate pudding splashed harmlessly against the outside of the barrier.

"Hmm... I wonder something," Neptune said, more to herself then to Naia. Neptune turned again and shifted her attention to a certain tub of broccoli florets which she had spied earlier. There was a fizz and a pop; in a moment, the tub had phase-shifted from its former position to rest inside the girls' barrier at Neptune's feet. Reaching into the tub and plucking out a floret, Neptune tossed it against the barrier.

Sera
The Athys

Sera continued to cuddle the wolf pup in her arms. Be seems to not enjoy it, but he wasn't trying to get away either so..... It was a win for Sera. When Ava tried to board the lift and failed, the Athys watched her slink back in defeat. "Like Seiko said, just shape shift into something less space consuming for the duration of the ride." She said, thinking to herself that she sounded a bit like a recording for some sort of transportation device.
@AnimeLover_Princess @chaosheart13

Anna Fade
The Greyen

Anna blinked for a moment as she processed what Luna was saying to her. 'Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!!' She yelled to herself. She hasn't thought about how magical beings, like herself, would react to her syponing off their energy. "I.... Ah... Um..." She said as she tried to think of something that was more appropriate for the situation other than 'thanks for the food.' Her eyes were flashing between between bright pink, her embarrassment, and green, her dissapointment in herself.

"I'm sorry!" She said quickly as she fiddled with her glasses. It was a nervous habit she had picked up after the accident. She did it after every time she ate. She then continued to listen Luna's explanation of why she had that title. But soon Luna was up and away from the table.

And soon after that a food fight erupted. Anna ducked under the table she had been sitting at. This had escalated very quickly. And Anna didn't really want any part in it. She moved to run towards the door when a burger flew at her. She managed to stop just before it, but her glasses were knocked off her face. They landed o. The ground unharmed..... That is until someone stepped on them. Anna's eyes went from blue (saddness) to red (anger) then settled on grey (acceptance). She didn't nessisarily need them to see, but she had worn glasses all her life, it felt weird without them on. Anna quickly regained her senses when some pudding hit the back of her head, staining her blond hair brown. 'Great...' She thought to herself as she hurried out of the cafeteria.

Anna hurried to the nearest bathroom and started rinsing her hair as much as she could. Her eyes were a deep forest green as she was very grossed out by this.
@Luma

@Yorika @AnimeLover_Princess

Avarice paused as both mentioned that she could shapeshift into a smaller form. Sometimes she forgot she could do that. Her body rippled as if she were nodding. "I think that's a good idea," she said, "Let me think of something..." With that, she transformed into a ripped man, tall and handsome and with a very tight shirt showing his muscles. She took a moment to survey her body before sighing and lugging the suitcase into the elevator. "This form should make carrying the luggage easier, right?" She didn't know how the would react to the sudden change.

@Eruantien & @Luma (as Luna)

Again using her well developed ability to somehow manage to talk clearly while she chewed on her food between two bites Naia responded to Neptune: "Still eating. Furthermore. Food fight. Very childish. Don't find it fun, ether." Then she returned back to her food.

As for the broccoli floret? It simply went right trough the barrier and fell once gravity won over the floret's forward momentum. After all the barrier prevented stuff from entering the area, not leaving it...

Status
Not open for further replies.