Status
Not open for further replies.
@Yorika (as Sera) @chaosheart13 @AnimeLover_Princess

Luna lowered her 'shield', calming down a bit as the tentacle creature turned away. Staring off into space, she responded to Sera in a somewhat regretful tone, "All those that bear the horrors of the tentacle cannot approach me. It is the curse that I must bear until the ends of time. Not in 200 years have I managed to shake this curse from my soul." Luna turned to look back into Sera's eyes and gave off a faint smile. "Your concern is appreciated, Ghost Maiden, but I fear there's little you can do to help me. I must go, before my curse causes more trouble." Without pause, Luna threw the lid down, jumped on it and levitated it several feet off the ground, riding it out of the dormitory as if it were a hoverboard.

@Nobodyreally

After hovering around for a minute or two, Luna came across a building marked 'library'. Wait, they had a library? Luna's gazed at the sparkly clean building as her mouth watered at the thought; just imagine the rare and magical kinds of books a place like would have. 'Parking' her trash can lid near the entrance, Luna wandered inside to be met by rows and rows of books. For a moment, a wondrous feeling of paradise swept over her, before it was pierced by a stern, adult male voice, "These books aren't for your own personal consumption. Do keep that in mind." Luna turned in shock to see what simply looked a dark-skinned human with glasses sitting behind a desk and reading a book, aside from the massive magical energy within him. She questioned back, playing dumb, "Hmm? Consum--" The librarian quickly interrupted, "Very few people visit here the first day and I highly doubt your purple eyes are a coincidence. If you're interested in a snack, I suggest you try the bookstore down the road." He pointed in the general direction, and promptly 'shoo'ed her out with a wave of his hand.

@Yorika (as Anna) @gamer5 @Eruantien

Luna obeyed and exited the library without a fuss, perhaps more for shock at being recognized than anything. That hadn't happened in what...50 years? At least. This school's faculty was wise to the point of being scary. After a quick hover to the bookstore to pick up a book on advanced magical species physiology, she arrived at what appeared to be a cafeteria. Hardbacks were, go figure, much harder to munch on, so this might be a good place to sit and have a good breakfast. Entering the building, it was clear that several other students were having the same idea. Well it was around that time of day anyways. At the very least it wasn't too crowded just yet. Casually, she made her way to an empty table and sat, placing the book on the table in front of her and opening it. With a clever bit of finger work, the first 30 pages were torn from the rest of them with a loud ripping sound. Ignoring most of the curious glances, Luna took a large bite from the stack of paper.

@gamer5 @Yorika @Luma

"Well," Neptune told Naia as she finally stepped forward to the register, "We'll have to make sure you begin eating well, starting... er... tomorrow!" Facing the creature behind the register, Neptune ordered her breakfast and then stepped aside to let Naia place a request. As she looked around, Neptune saw the Loona girl enter the cafe and begin to chow down upon a hardcover book this time, quite loudly. Neptune rolled her eyes and sighed quietly. She's just too much.

Noticing that tables were beginning to fill up, Neptune left Naia to wait for their orders at the register, so that she could find an open table. Luckily, there was one close to the register, not far from where Loona was sitting and munching a brightly-colored book with an image of some sort of snails. Neptune waved across the room to Naia to let her see the table's location, then sat down and grabbed some culinary utensils. She was just beginning to unwrap them when a strange aura caught her attention. It was emanating from a girl that had just walked by, and it felt... it felt as if she was empty, and hungering for something. The girl had blonde braided hair and short, airy clothing, and was wearing a pair of pink glasses. Neptune shrugged, and as soon as she saw that Naia had received the orders, Neptune phase-shifted the food to their table and arranged everything nicely so that Naia could sit down.

~Anna Fade~
The Greyen

Anna found that most people had taken up all the seats, leaving very little space for her to feel comfortable. She scanned the room again and found a purple eyed girl munching on a bo...ok.. A book?! That was one of the more outrageous things she had seen today. "I guess you give a good book a whole other meaning." She said as she approached the purple eyed girl, her own eyes flashing white. "Mind if I sit with you?" She asked, looking down at the girl. She looked... yummy. Her energy was teeming with magic that seemed to pulsate when she ate parts of the book. She felt someone watching her, but when she looked around, no one was looking at her. Anna shrugged, perhaps the hunger was getting to her.

@Luma @Eruantien @gamer5 (maybe, not totally sure)​

@AnimeLover_Princess @Yorika

"Never heard of them," Avarice admitted to Sera, "But they sound handy, maybe I'll go look for one when I get the chance." She listened intently to Seiko as she explained her story for the wolf pup's name. "Huh, really?" she said, "That's amazing. So you come from a snowy place? I used to live in one too, before I moved away to a forest." She paused at Seiko's question. "Uh...like I said before, a forest? But then I found out that where I lived was inside a place called the digital realm, so I guess you can say from a computer? It's a little strange, I know." Her eye seemed to become wistful as she remembered seeing the stream of data for the first time. It was cool up close, that was for sure.

@Eruantien, @Luma, maybe @Yorika (Anna)?

Naia made her order and was about to join Neptune at the table when she noticed a sound of paper being ripped out of something and quickly found the source of the sound, a person, one of the ones that gathered in the dorms before, eating a book. Her eyes filled with horror and anger as glanced at Neptune and said: "I am sorry, I have to do this." Then she stepped towards the person eating the book until she was a meter from her and said, her voice obviously holding back her anger: "Excuse me, but what are you exactly doing to that book?"

@Yorika (Anna) @gamer5 (Naia) @Eruantien to a lesser extent

Halfway into her second bite, Luna noticed a sorta famished looking girl approach her and ask about her 'meal'. Maybe she was hungry? But she didn't look like she could eat a book. In fact, the vague necrotic magic in her seemed familiar to Luna. Then again, she had expected to recognize every race at this school instantly, and there were several that were totally foreign. Like the feather griffon. Best not to assume. "I can't tell you how effective a tome of wisdom this is until I've consumed it further. You can share this space with me, but I can't share my own sustenance or it would lose it's meaning." Luna held up the stack of paper to emphasize 'sustenance', which was now missing a large bite in the corner.

Luna made yet another attempt at her second bite, but those around her seemed intent in denying it as she was approached again, this time by the crystal child. Two things in particular made her really pleasing to Luna's eyes. First was the beautiful magic that seemed to be flowing through her body in a crystalline formation; a memorizing sight that was regrettably invisible to most. Secondly, she was just adorably small, which was clear to anyone with eyes. Luna gave her a blissful grin as she responded back, "Did you wish for a knowledge tome yourself? There's a vendor in that direction." Luna pointed south with one hand, and fed the stack of papers in her mouth for a second bite with the other hand, more or less answering the question.

Seiko watched Luna leave with a frown but sighed and looked back at Avarice. Shadow had relaxed in her arms but he was kinda heavy so she gently set him back down, scratching behind his ears, while listening to Avarice speak. "a digital realm? how fascinating, I have never had much interaction with technology, living first in the mountains, then being a bit of a nomad. was it a nice place? did you like it?" she asked, smiling.

"if it isn't a faux pas, may I ask what type of powers you two have? or what form of creature you may be?" Seiko asked "I'm perfectly willing to explain my own if you wish" she looked expectant, as Shadow just curled up and decided it was time to get some sleep since he wasn't getting any attention.

@chaosheart13 @Yorika

~Sera~
The Athys

Sera let Luna go. Luna obviously had some strong history with this tentacle being she was going on about and there wasn't much Sera could do about it. It was best not to delve any deeper. She did however really appreciate the trash lid hover board Luna fashioned, that was something Sera now wanted to do. She made a mental note to ask Luna about it later when she wasn't so scared. The Athys headed back over to the dwindling group. She had missed quite a bit in her attempt to comfort Luna. Sera arrived back just in time to hear Seiko's question of their abilities. "Well, there's quite a bit I can do." She said and closed her eyes for a moment.

Sera took a deep breath and folded her arms behind her back. She slowly lifted her arms as they rippled and changed shape. Soon feathers sprouted from her skin as her bones hollowed out and elongated. The Athys' arms became that of a bird. Sera opened her eyes and flapped her new wings, a couple feathers floating softly to the ground. "This is one of them." She commented, folding her wings behind her. That seemed the most comfortable position they could be in.

@AnimeLover_Princess @chaosheart13

~Anna Fade~
The Greyen

Anna nodded to the book eating girl and took a seat. She felt a bit awkward at first, but she took a deep breathe and decided she needed to take initiative. She couldn't be a wall flower forever! Anna was about to open her mouth to speak when an angry sounding voice called out from behind her, scaring the mousy girl.

"Excuse me, but what are you exactly doing to that book?"

Anna turned to look where the voice had come from and was met with something.... adorable! Well, that and delicious looking. Her energy sang with exuberance, pretty much the same as the girl eating the book. Her eyes changed to white, staying that way for a bit. Anna's hand started to reach out on it's own to take that small girl's energy, but she quickly stopped herself. Anna knew better than this. She turned back to the book eating girl, adjusting her glasses to hide her eyes. Her attention was swept away when the book eating girl's remark. Anna was slightly amused by her answer tot he small girl's slightly hostile question. She was so nonchalant and that made Anna laugh just a little. She watched the two, a bit unnerved that she was sitting between the two.

@gamer5 (Naia) @Luma

@Yorika @AnimeLover_Princess

Avarice looked over to Sera as she transformed her arms. Her eyes seemed to light up at the display. "You can shapeshift too?" she asked. Then her body rippled as if shaking herself. "I have to explain, this isn't my true form. Let me show you it." With that she promptly transformed into a gigantic ball made of grid lines. "This is my true form, the one I was born in," she explained, "Most of my kind, the GRIDs, tend to take another form once they're no longer toddlers. We basically search for things we can transform into and take on the form that we find most comfortable. Mine is the tentacle beast, as you saw before. But I can change my form to other things. Watch." With that she transformed into a horse, before shifting into a wolf, then a mole-like creature with sharp claws before reverting back to the tentacle monster. "What do you think?"

@Luma, @Yorika (as Anna), maybe @Eruantien

With anger boiling inside of her Naia managed to hold herself back and only slightly rise as she said her voice: "Even if I wanted to consume a book I would not do so by munching and gnawing on it. I don't care from what amazingly weird place are you, but A. Book. Is Not. Meant. To Be. Treated. Like. A Chewing. Gum. It is to late for the one you already have sunk your teeth in, but try finding something else to eat otherwise you and I will have a lot of problems. Got it?" She looked straight into the eyes of the book-eating girl, awaiting if she is going to say anything.

Seiko got quite excited when her companions started shape-shifting. "Oh that is quite fascinating indeed! I wish I could shape-shift!" she looked between Avarice and Sera, focusing first on the humanoid of the pair "is it just your arms or can you transform all of you?"

after presumably getting an answer she turned to Avarice "that is quite interesting! is it limited, or not? can you get far bigger and far smaller then your true form? or must you stay within a size range?"

"as you have so kindly shown me your it is only fair I show you mine, though it's nothing near as spectacular" she smiled "mine works in subtler ways" she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, summoning a mini storm in the air above her, careful to control so it wouldn't destroy anything. small flakes of snow began to fall down around her and she put out a hand, the snow twisted and turned above it for a second until it formed into the shape and color of a sparrow sitting on her hand. it tweeted and she smiled, opening her eyes. "I am still young so my powers are not as strong as they could be but" she bird took off and flew around for a moment before falling apart, back into snow, which drifted down and settled on the wolf, who continued to sleep at her feet. "I can also do this" she put her hand out in front of her and the snow quickly formed the shape of a spear. she let it fall apart and with a sweep of her hand all the snow vanished. she chuckled a little as Shadow looked up then just dropped his head back down.

@Yorika @chaosheart13

@gamer5 (Naia) @Yorika (Anna) @Eruantien sorta...

Luna had trouble not outright glomping the creature staring into her eyes. She was even adorable while angry. Swallowing her bite of paper, Luna continued to smile and chime back with a cheerful voice that, given the situation, sounded completely patronizing. "Crystal child, why wouldn't I consume tomes of knowledge on this magical island which was built for the sharing of knowledge? It would make no sense. Besides, I've already consumed several hundred-thousand of these, so you're contract is offered a few hundred years too late to matter much." Disregarding the demands she was given, Luna delivered the paper to her mouth for another munch as she stared back to the small one, past the awkwardly-placed girl in between them.

~Sera~
The Athys

Sera fluffed her feathers as she watched Ava transform herself into many different things. Sera was intrigued! She was able to do these things as well, but Ava did them so quickly and was able to keep her wits about herself. "That's really cool Ava!" She said, pulling her wings behind her back and shaking them as she transformed her arms back. She flexed her hands as she brought them forward again, getting the feeling of hands again. She looked up at Seiko and listened as she asked her questions. "Well, yes. I can transform my whole body into any creature I wish, but I don't totally have control over myself when I do." She said and crouched down to scratch Shadow's head. She watched as Seiko summoned a flurry of snow, feeling a bit at ease as she watched it fall. It had been a while since she had be able to relax like this with others. "So, Seiko, what would you be able to do if you were older?" She asked, standing up and looking at her.

@AnimeLover_Princess @chaosheart13 (Ava)

~Anna Fade~
The Greyen

Anna looked between the two then looked around. People were starting to slink off, trying to stay out of the line of fire. She wasn't going to blame them for it though. She looked back between the two girls, one eating a book and the other trying and failing to contain her anger. Anna decided this might be a good time to try and defuse the situation. Or well she would try at least. "Hey, um, I understand you are upset about the book, but shouldn't we try to understand why she is eating it. I mean it's a bit rude to just judge someone on their outward appearance or by the way that they... eat." She said, looking at the small angry girl. Anna could completely understand why this small girl was upset. Books were tomes of knowledge that ones were supposed to enlighten those that read them, but eating them was a new thing to Anna.

@Luma @gamer5 (Naia)​

@Luma, @Yorika (Anna) & @Eruantien

Hearing the comments of the girl in between her and the book-eater Naia first addressed her (Anna): "A'Ii I can guess why she is eating the book - it is how her race works. Probably some sort of information-eaters." Then her words addressed, despite being given to the other girl (Anna), the book-eater: "As for the books she ate until now I can only blame those around her that are not of her race, if any of them had any appreciation for books they would have at least tried seeing how to solve her book-eating or at least ask of her to first READ the book before eating it. Fortunately for her I can stop her from devouring books from now on. All that I need to know is the exact details of why she eats books."

@gamer5 @Yorika @Eruantien

Luna turned to her book as she addressed the questions, "The great tides of fortune carry you well today. It just so happens that this particular tome may answer your questions." Flipping through to the near-back of what appeared to be a well-alphabetized dictionary of magical beings and their basic physiology, Luna eventually came to a page titled 'Vori'. She slid the book to the side and turned it so the other two could read it, swallowing and shoving the remainder of the first few pages in her mouth.

"Many races have transcended the limitations of the physical mind in their own way, but perhaps the most infamous of these are the Vori, which lack a physical brain completely. In it's place lies an ever-growing compendium of knowledge and magical energy. It is common to see Vori eating strange objects, as their digestive system is directly linked with these unusual minds, allowing them to understand anything they can eat. Typically, Vori will never forget something once they've eaten it."

"Vori are most easily identifiable by their bright purple eyes, which have been proven to be capable of detecting magic as if by sight. On very rare occasions, their eyes can also emit a conversion magic on another being's mind, allowing them to 'reproduce' in this way. It is very difficult to tell the true age of a Vori, as they tend to appear eternally youthful. Though they do appear to age up to a certain point, what determines this aging is unknown. Theories claim that it may..."

The book continued to give details about Luna's race as she watched the two 'consume' her book in their own way.

Avarice wiggled her body as she tried to come up with an answer. She honestly didn't know, but she wanted to give Seiko an answer without saying, "I don't know." "Well..." she began to say, "Whenever we shapeshift, we, er, don't always stay the same size. But, um, there's a limit. We can't be tiny like mice or be as big as a mountain. So, um, I guess you can say we stay the same when shapeshifting- wait, gah..." She shook herself as her eyes closed in embarrassment. "Never mind, ignore me." She squinted as she saw Seiko manipulate snow, creating it out of thing air. Even up close, it was slightly fuzzy. Maybe she did need to find these mythical glasses so that she could see. "Impressive," she said, "The creatures you make out of snow aren't sentient, are they?"

Seiko was happy with the answers she had gotten from her new acquaintances. their powers were interesting to say the least and she wanted to know more but wasn't sure if it would be a good thing to ask or not, they had seemed pretty willing to show her their powers to begin with.

Seiko was very glad that the two actually seemed interested and impressed with her powers, and the questions the two asked were intuitive. Shadow was leaning into Sera's hand as she petted him, making little happy sounds. Seiko decided to answer Avarice's question first "No, they aren't even technically real, it's all controlled by me, but i can make them ask as if they are, and to me they are solid, while to everyone else they are incorporeal, quite similar to me in fact, as I am not technically fully corporeal" she chuckled a little "I suppose you could say I am a bit like a ghost"

then she turned to Sera and answered her question "oh my mother told me she once saw an ancient Yuki summon a blizzard that covered an entire mountain, and my mother supposedly put an entire town to sleep using her magic snow, I hope I'm as powerful as them one day" she got a bit of a wistful look on her face as she recalled her mother and father's stories of her people "oh and my Father could make the most beautiful blades from the ice!" then she got sad, remembering how long it had been since she'd seen them.
she shook the slight frown from her face, she didn't need to trouble her companions.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Psuedoku
@Luma, @Yorika (as Anna) & @Eruantien

Naia quickly read the entry for Vori in the partially eaten book. She got why would a Vori eat a book and then saw the immortality part. She would get more angry, but she held herself back and spoke: "I see. So the only reason you are eating books is purely because that is expected from a young member of your race to do so. Then I don't see why there would be any problems in trying to stop eating books. Or at least reading them before eating them."

~Sera~
The Athys

Sera nodded to Seiko. The two were turning out to be very interesting and they had a lot of information that Sera hadn't known about. She continued to scratch Shadow's ears as she listened to the other two speak. "Well that sounds amazing. The ability to manipulate snow and ice sounds like it can have a lot of applications." She said, the last part was a bit more on the analytical side than Sera usually was. She felt a shiver go through her body as a white prehensile tail snaked out and her cats changed into that of a cat like creature. "Shape shifting does as well. It allows you to heighten your senses and be able to do things you normally wouldn't be able to." She said as her new tail flicked around behind her.
@AnimeLover_Princess @chaosheart13

~Anna Fade~
The Greyen

Anna read the book that had been slid over to the two. Her eyes flickered with shades of yellow. This was interesting. The Vori literally ate knowledge! Anna fixed her glasses as they had slid down her nose. When the small girl spoke, Anna turned to look at her. "Well actually this is a was for them to read a book. The book did say that Vori can use their stomachs to extract information from what they eat right?" She said and gestered back at the book. "Besides, it's not like this is the last book on earth. Nor is it the last copy of this book. I'm sorry, but I'm just don't quite get why you are so upset. I mean a book is meant to be read by most, but that doesn't give you a right to try and stop someone if they don't do it your way." Anna's eyes were starting to get a tint of red. Anna was pretty open minded herself and even this was a bit out there, but she wanted people to be friendly with each other. And especially with the place that they were in.
@Luma @gamer5 (Naia)

"Oh, so that's how your powers work," Avarice said, "That sounds amazing." I wonder if I can get those powers if I shapeshift into one of her kind? she thought to herself, listening intently to the conversation going on around her. At least her hearing was better than her eyesight. Then she remembered the reason why she approached Seiko in the first place. "Oh that's right. Seiko, have you seen someone by the name of Ishika Tadeis? She has white hair." She didn't remember if she mentioned that or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.