Status
Not open for further replies.
Seiko watched, fascinated as Avarice changed forms once again, but she had to stop herself from giggling when she saw the form her friend had taken. Ava wasn't wrong, the form would help her carry Seiko's bag. it did bring a question to her mind however and she looked Avarice over for a second, allowing it time to get on the elevator, before she asked "Avarice, if you do not mind my asking, do you have an actual gender? does your race have genders or sexes?"

the ride up to the 5th floor was quick, and elevators were definitely faster then the stairs. when the elevator stopped, Seiko stepped out and looked around, trying to figure out exactly where rm 513 would be. "I believe it is down this way" she said, to her companions.

@chaosheart13 @Yorika

@Sail @Roose Hurro @Luma

Aelos watched curiously as the girl who sat in front of him started humming from low to high, as if stretching her voice. As he looked her over, he noticed that her hair was quite long. Her hair fell like rays of light, and warmed the seat that she chose as much as the girl did Aelos' being. It was longer than he initially thought, for she now was sitting on the end of it. Her movements may have appeared a bit too careful to everyone else, but to Aelos each small gesture was perfect and beautiful in its deliberation. She, and what Aelos experienced was exactly what had been painted in many books. While a level headed Aelos may have admired the efficiency in the girl's planned movements, the one who now swooned was given more fuel to his fire. Bless his soul, the poor boy.

The moment rolled aside, and Aelos turned to listen to Deen. At the mention that the pair were roommates, Aelos nodded in understanding. Speaking of which, Aelos pondered, I still don't know who my roommate is, or where I'm supposed to go...perhaps that can be settled eventually, after this nice chat.

Deen, the feathered and friendly being, addressed his roommate's, and Aelos', question by providing a demonstration. Curious, the spacial magic newbie watched as some sort of door opened--it was more a distortion in the air--and Deen entered in one moment, and came back in the next. He held a metal box, which was unfamiliar to Aelos. He had never seen anything like it before, but assumed it held something that would...explain what he did? With a lack for any words, Aelos raised his eyebrows in interest, curious to what would answer his questions.

Unconsciously, Aelos stole glance at the girl who was still humming. Suddenly, he felt a sense of warmth first arrive at his cheeks, then spread to his whole body. Oh Silvanis. Why have I faltered now? Aelos had assumed the worst; he believed that he was blushing, almost embarrassed. His greatest fear had awoken, for he believed that he was unable to hide how giddy he was in the girl's presence, and now was flushed all over. Reflexively, he flashed a boyish smile, acknowledging his embarrassment. Or, what he assumed was his embarrassment and unsaid new feelings. If only the lad was not so naive, would he realize that the warmth was not a product of his doing, but of the girl's. He would also realize that he might not be in love at all. Alas, that does not hold true for that young boy.

He had been one who at first glance appeared wiser than his years; many saw it in his eyes. They were eyes that saw and experienced many things. But now, within a few moments, he had been unraveled and revealed for the fraud he is. He hadn't experienced all there was in life...he was just a foolish boy, trying to compose himself in front of a girl.

@Sail, @Roose Hurro, @Psuedoku & @Luma (as Sol)

After many minutes of wandering Ishika finally found a place that served something drinkable that was not water, trough by now she was in such a bad mood that one could almost sense this as a cold and dark aura around her.
"Oh gods be praised, finally. This place is literally a fucking maze," she though to herself as she walked in what seamed to be a coffee shop run by squirrels? "Well this is Omnibus after all," she thought as she moved to order something to drink (except water), not giving more then a passing glance to most of the other customers in the place.
After ordering the biggest possible amount of pure black coffee, Ishika found the most quiet and unnoticeable spot in the cafe and waited for her drink to come, her mood only slightly improved.

Nightshade stood amazed at Deen's power, as it cleared most of his questions up. His attention quickly shifted to the bright looking girl. "Good thing that I don't see through my doll's eyes, or she'd be blinding me" he thought.

"That's incredible. I can see that you are learning how to speak a bit better. Maybe for practice you can try to explain where you came from. Is that a good idea?"

@gamer5 @anybody_who_Nep_passes_sorry_I'm_lost

Neptune's eyes followed the trail of the broccoli through the barrier, and they glinted brightly in response. Neptune told Naia airily, "Be that as it may, I've come to Omnibus to take part in all aspects of communal life. And I intend to enjoy every minute of it." Neptune's IDD whirred, and a slip of paper was printed out, upon which was emblazoned Neptune's room number. Giving the slip to Naia, Neptune said to her, "Our time together has been interesting this morning, but I must be off on my own affairs for a while. Here's where I'm dorming; drop by sometime, okay?"

Neptune stepped away from the table and toward the inner edge of Naia's barrier, snatching up the broccoli tub as she walked. She emerged from the barrier unscathed and began to dash across the length of the cafeteria floor, happily flinging florets left and right at anybody who happened to be in her way. After several minutes, the tub was nearly empty, and the novelty of a food fight had begun to wear off. With a full stomach, Neptune decided that her next course of action would be to visit the academy's library. Surely there were plenty of interesting books and whatnot within its walls... she'd just have to be very careful not to let that Loona girl near any of the ones she planned to read, though!

With a prance to her step, Neptune emerged from the cafeteria building and began to make her way to the school library, as indicated by the map image on her IDD. It was only a short walk, less than a quarter of an hour away. Neptune began to look around for the library's entrance, which should have been fairly easy to spot.

@Roose Hurro @Psuedoku @Sail @gamer5

Sol watched Deen as he vanished away for a moment to return with a mysterious box. While the spatial warping failed to impress her, the box lying on the table peaked her curiosity. Meanwhile, Aelos flashed her a smile. From what Sol had seen of Earth culture, smiles generally resulted from happiness, so it seemed her gift had the impact she had meant it to. That was good. She even found her own mouth tilting upwards a bit in return; reflexively from the looks of it. Incredible how these emotions tended to leak out, mostly on the facial area.

"Maybe for practice you can try to explain where you came from. Is that a good idea?" She turned her gaze towards the other human who had yet to mention his name in her presence, as he asked the question. Several moments passed, as she appeared to carefully choose the words to speak. Pronouns in particular were something that seemed best to avoid wherever possible; they just felt confusing. On that note, it seemed this language already had a name for her: Sun or Sol. As 'sun' appeared to refer to any nearby star, she chose the latter. Finally, Sol's soft voice flowed out in a pleasant, yet slow, manner that could easily put one to sleep if they listened long enough, "Sol has remained in the same place for Sol's entire life. Only recently has Sol left this position with the purpose of experiencing planetary life." A finger pointed outside the nearest window towards the sun, which was peeking over the horizon. She then tilted her head back to the toolbox, eyes turned towards Deen as she addressed him, "Explain the significance of Deen's box."

Sera
The Athys

Sera watched as Ava took on a new form, a grin couldn't help but sneak its way onto her face. The Athys laughed a it to herself. "You might get some attention in that form." Sera noted as she adjusted the wolf pup in her arms. She turned to look at Seiko as she asked her question of Ava. That thought really hadn't occurred to Sera. To her, it didn't truly ,after what gender Ava was. After all, Sera didn't even have a body of her own for who knows how long.

As they reached the 5th floor, the Athys released the wolf pup. She set him on the ground and started down the hall. Her ears perked at a noise coming from outside a near by windows.msome kids were running to and from the direction of the cafeteria. Some seemed excited. Others seemed disgusted . This piqued Sera's interest.
@AnimeLover_Princess @chaosheart13

Deen's Box...

Yes, this was, indeed, Omnibus... talking squirrels making espresso, most likely not the craziest thing to see in the here and now. More highly likely to come. Already, a cast of highly unlikely characters sharing a table. Alien critter, furred, feathered and scaled. Corpse, animated by an external soul. A cross-dimensional "nature boy". And a physical, female manifestation of Earth's sun. No, talking squirrels brewing coffee, most likely the least weird thing going on in Omnibus.

Speaking of coffee.......

Ishika may have been in such a mood as to not notice the cart glide up to her "quiet and unnoticeable spot" until it was suddenly there. Definitely hot. Definitely pure. Definitely black and coffee, the very... substantial mug on the cart, suddenly joined by a very furry squirrel, who wiped forepaws on his apron, smiled, and...

... "Hi...mynameisLar. Ifyouwantanythingelse..." He stared at her chest.......

"Lar! Don'tdothat!" A high, sqeaky voice shouted from across the room.

Lar winced, his whole body involved in the expression... "Ifyouwantanythingelse-miss-letmeknow." A sigh filled with twitched whiskers and shuffled tail... "SorryaboutmybrotherMho... helikestoyellaboutstuff." Bright, dark eyes. Smile. Tiny forepaws slid mug within reach. Then a sudden twitch, and Lar was off the cart, skittering across the floor.......

Meanwhile.......

Deen had been waiting for someone to ask about his box. He hadn't been expecting the Celestial to ask, what with her still learning to talk, but... he took what was offered. Though he had to finish another swig of his drink...

... "Where I come from, we have one tool for doing everything." He patted the box... "In here, I have a whole mess of Omni Bits, ready to be used." Grin, tongue between teeth... "Haven't yet seen my room, but it just might need some work......."

Last edited:
@Yorika @AnimeLover_Princess

Avarice flashed a grin at the two other girls in the elevator. "Glad I can make you laugh," she said, laughing a little herself. She turned her head over to Seiko at her question. "I'm female, but I can take the form of a male if I decide to. Usually our kind is sexless, but we can choose any gender we want. I chose female."

She nodded as she hefted the bag and began to follow Seiko down the hall, once more taking her form as a tentacle monster. "You're going to have to be my eyes, I'm afraid. My eyesight isn't all that good," she said, squinting at the doors. She really did need to get glasses, whatever those were.

The Omni Bits had an odd quality about them, or at least to Nightshade. Within seemed to be a great power of life, one he had not known since he had became a Devo. He wanted to reach out and touch them, to once again feel what life felt like, yet he did not know what he'd do with one. And so, he calmly asked Deen, " May I touch one?"

Seiko was intrigued by Avarice answer. "how interesting, I always find the differences, or lack there of, between the sexes of different races fascinating. males and females are very different in mine" she smiled then and said "but in general, female seems to be the better gender" she winked and hoped she hadn't offended one of them.

Shadow started wiggling as soon as he realized the strange girl was releasing him and bounded a foot or so away once he was free, before turning to look back at them and wait for Seiko. the Yuki could vaguely hear the commotion but couldn't tell what it was. she glanced around at her companions "That's alright Avarice, just follow me, I won't let you get lost" she glanced at the numbers at the closest doors and started moving down the hall, her door couldn't be far. Shadow padded along by her feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
A wider grin couldn't help but find itself on his face when Aelos got to see Sol's smile. He didn't know why she smiled, like if she was smiling because he was smiling, but it made him feel good. Her voice was warm, and it comforted Aelos into a resting look of contentment. When he heard her speak, it left him a little curious. What does she mean by planetary life? He figured that she meant that she lived on the sun. But, he was lost to what she really meant. It just didn't make any sense. It was the first time for Aelos to meet these many different beings after all, and none of their situations were the simple type that could be discussed in one sitting, Aelos included.

Then, there was the discussion about omni-bits. Aelos didn't know what they were. In fact, Deen seemed to be making it a habit to be cryptic whenever he spoke. Aelos didn't like it; it reminded him too much of his presumptuous family. In hindsight of the alienation of their once "loved" son, the Oaklights hid a lot of things from him. This included their contempt for the other clans and families, and some dirty politics that he still hasn't heard of in full. But, Deen just met him. He had no reason to do anything malicious, especially on the first day of moving in. He seemed genuine, but...doubt lurked in the back of his mind. "First of all...what do they even do?", Aelos asked, treading carefully. It would take a while before he could easily trust others again; they have to earn it, like Aelos did with the other totem warriors.

Reactions: Roose Hurro
@Yorika (Anna) & Eruantien (mentioned)

As Neptune excused herself Naia was left behind to finish her meal in relative peace, with only a few pieces of food hitting and bouncing off from her barrier. When she finally finished she used a portal to transport the tray and everything on it to where one would leave it for the staff to take care of cleaning up. With that taken care of she once again took her gloves and executed one of the many macros stored in, creating yet another magical circle below her. When the circle formed she set the spell to life with the familiar words: "Open flow, run process, execute spell." With those words a portal appeared bellow her and she ended entering it feet-first. The portal connected to the nearest place that Naia could find and was not easy to spot from a distance - one of the stalls of a nearby female restroom. Softly landing in front of the stall's toilet Naia opened the stall's doors and spotted a girl that was washing out her hair from some brownish food, probably some chocolate-based substance. Otherwise Naia would no mind the girl or her situation, but then she noticed that it was the other girl she encountered in the cafeteria, the one that sat next to Luna, so she called out to her: "Hello, need a hand with that?"

@AnimeLover_Princess & @chaosheart13

Finishing the limited unpacking they had to do Aerly was now ready to go on and explore the Academy. With the male personality being the active one at the moment the female one, which those close to Aerly were allowed to call Yu, was observing, ready to comment the next foolishness the male one does. Walking out of the room Aerly almost rammed into a girl at which the female personality quickly remarked "Here we go again" as the male one wasted no time to stop, make sure to take a proper posture and speak with a slight smile: "Well that was close. You okay Miss? I hope I didn't scare you with my sudden appearance."

Sera
The Athys

Sera followed the two, he tail swishing behind her as she watched Shadow. She wished that she could be that free spirited in her full transformed form. Most of the time, as much as she could recall, was spent hunting. Well that was pretty freeing so she couldn't complain too much. "Well, let's go explore the campus after this and maybe someone will know where to get you some eye wear." The white haired girl commented. I was actually quite interesting, that a creature from the digital realm ad bad eye sight. Sera shrugged at the thought and turned her attention back to Shadow. She moved to try and recapture her puppy prey when a boy came out and almost ran right into Seiko. Reflexively, Sera let out a low growl. She was crouching on the ground where she had been standing just a moment ago. It took her a moment before she cleared her throat and stood back up, regaining her composure. She was used to living in the wild, so jumping out at Sera was not the best course of action.

@gamer5 (Aerly) @AnimeLover_Princess @chaosheart13

Anna Fade
The Greyen

Anna had washed about half of the pudding out of her hair when she had realized that she had left Luna all by her lonesome. Well maybe not all alone, but she had left without saying anything. She couldn't go back in the cafeteria like this, but she could send someone in her place. "Hau" She whispered as a shimmering smoke seemed to materialize beside her. A jet black panther stepped out of the smoke and shook it fur, looking at her with jewel green eyes. "Hau, would you go check on Luna and help her out if need be." The big cat looked at her with an 'are you serious face' then turned and made is way to the girl named Luna. Anna gave him a thanking smile and went back to washing her hair.

Anna jumped when she heard a voice behind her, looking back the the person in the mirror, her eyes were a pale eye color as she stared at the small girl in the mirror. Wait.... She knew this small girl. This was the girl that was angry at Luna for eating the book. "You're Naia right?" She asked, trying to remember the name correctly. It then dawned on her that Naia had asked her a question. "Oh um, actually yes. I got some chocolate pudding in my hair and I can't tell if I got it all out." She said as her eyes faded to the forest green color of disgust again. She went to go adjust her glasses and found that they weren't there. She then recalled the destruction of her glasses. She sighed a bit was she held her wet hair over the sink.

@gamer5 (Naia)

Hau

Hau padded along towards the cafeteria. He peaked his head into the room. It was filled with teenagers (at least they looked that age) and they were playing with their food. Hau let out a huff and started to sneak around the edges of the room. Even though Hau hadn't been summoned during this time, his bond with Anna allowed him to know what she wanted when she mentioned it. It really only reached as far a doing small specific tasks like his current endevour, but it came in handy.

The black cat jumped over the counter top that held the food, landing a few feet away from Luna. He shook his fur clean of whatever food particles had landed on him and looked at the girl named Luna. Her padded over to her, looking at her with his piercing green eyes and waited. He couldn't speak, so he couldn't tell this Luna girl why he was here, but he would wait for her to either react in some way or ask him to do something.

@Luma (Luna)​

Last edited:
Reactions: Luma
@Yorika @AnimeLover_Princess @gamer5

"Thank you..." Avarice said as she carried the luggage to whichever room Seiko lived in. It helped a lot, especially with such fuzzy eyesight. The GRID shifted to the side and moved so that she wasn't blocking the hallway. Maybe she should shrink a little so that she wouldn't cover the hall. Ah well.

She would've turned around to look at Sera if she wasn't so busy carrying the luggage. "Well, that might help. Not sure if they'll have glasses for me though. ...Are there glasses for someone with one eye?" she asked. Whatever these glasses were, she couldn't wait to get them so that she could see better. She wondered what the world would look like if she could see better before stopping when she realized that someone had run into the girl.

"You okay? Both of you?" she asked as she lifted the luggage high into the air. She squinted as she tried to make out the newcomer's fuzzy form. Another humanoid no doubt. There sure are a lot of humanoids in this place, she thought to herself, ...Well, it should be alright as long as I don't meet a 1-0.

@Yorika (as Anna)

"Naia, yes you got my name right A'Ii ... I don't remember hearing your name. Fell free to introduce yourself while I see how to deal with the mess in your hair," Naia said back to the girl while thinking how to deal with the liquid-like thing in Anna's hair. With a few glances Naia quickly noted to herself that she should have studied practical magic more along with all the theory crammed in her head. But for now she had to use what she could so she wasted no time to take out her Magical Gloves and something that she got on Earth while preparing to enter Omnibus - shampoo. Wasting no time she ordered to the Magical Gloves to access yet another of the many macros imputed into them while opening the shampoo bottle with her free hand. When the magical circle appeared betwen Naia and Anna she once again allowed the spell to run with the usual words: "Open flow, run process, execute spell." With those words a ball of water, roughly the same size as one used for tennis appeared and floated there. Wasting no time Naia poured shampoo into the ball and then used the hand on which she put the Magical Glove on to instruct it to move to Anna's head. The water ball did this, changing shape and moving on Naia's instructions to wash out Anna's hair while Naia closed the shampoo bottle and put it back into the bag. With both hands free Naia put on the second glove as to improve her control over the water blob which, from time to time, would float away from Anna's hair to hover over the sink, where it would squeeze itself out from any pudding it collected. Naia did this is silence, concentrating on not messing up while she used the Water Ball spell on a rather unusual way...

Reactions: Luma
"I think that is a good idea!" Seiko said, in reference to the glasses idea "You need it, and you never know, your roommate may be near wherever we need to go anyway, and I would love to get to see more of the campus"
she thought of Avarice's question for a second "this is a special place so I don't doubt they have something, and even out there in the real world they have something called a monocle which only covers one eye" she smiled warmly back at her companions. she could see the wolf at her feet dodging away from Sera before the Yuki almost ran into someone. she'd glanced forward with just enough time to stop before running right into them. Shadow kept bounding forward for a second before he realized Seiko had stopped and turned to look at her.

twice in less then an hour Seiko would have blushed had she been capable "Ah, I am sorry!" she sputtered, twisting around to look at the person, a man coming out of a room near her own "I am alright, thank you, are you well? I did not hurt you?"

@Yorika @chaosheart13 @gamer5

Primary_Batter had gotten separated from Arza at some point, they didn't know when. Nevertheless, they were still hungry, so they decided to go into the cafeteria to get something to eat. What went on there upon their arrival would have shocked them if they could feel emotions. The entire place was coated with bits of food and students paid no attention to the fact that it looked like a war zone except with food.

Shrugging it off, Primary went on her way to the lunch counter and asked if they had a sandwich or something like it. Luckily, they had, and the 1-0 began exiting the cafeteria, finding it an inadequate place to eat. They wandered around some time around the campus, unsure of where to sit down and eat. They couldn't find any benches, after all. She stopped when she noticed a coffee shop called The Java Squirrel to their left. ...Well, they did need a drink to go with the sandwich.

Primary entered the store without a second thought, ignoring what was going on around her. She went up to the board, scanning for something good to drink. "Is it alright if I have a mocha?" she asked the squirrel that acted as a cashier.

@AnimeLover_Princess, @chaosheart13 & @Yorika (as Sera)

"Don't worry Miss I am just fine. I am more worried about you," Aerly answered while taking a glance at the two other people that were accompanying Seiko. "A guy, well who cares" was Aerly's male personality thought upon seeing Avarice. On seeing Sera it was naturally: "Another beauty. Lucky me!" At which the female personality could just comment: "Oh gods! Why?!" Anyways leaving aside the thoughts of both personalities the male one said, as Aerly closed the doors of their room: "Well, despite the awkward way we meet my humble self carries the name Aerly. I hope you will grant me the honor of knowing your name, as well as the names of your companions Miss."

Status
Not open for further replies.