Status
Not open for further replies.
@chaosheart13
"That so?" Avarice asked, deflating somewhat at the simple answer. Truth be told, she wanted some kind of story told. Maybe she is a serial killer, hiding her past like that. ...Nah. She blinked her one red eye at the question that was thrown at her. "Me? Well, this is my first time on Earth and in a school for one. Before that I was living with my circle and fighting in a war against the...1-0s." She spat out the name of the race as if it were poison.
"War, I thing I never heard about until I came to Earth. Humans, despite looking similar to my people, are rather hard for me to understand. Despite a quite large number of years I spent with them," Ishika said as she finished organizing her clothing and moved to empty the few other items into a drawer. She decided to visit the school shops and go on a shopping spree for all the stuff she really needed, a few things she might need and probably at least some things no one would ever need.

@Eruantien
Neptune walked beside Naia as they egressed from the building into the morning light once more, shifting around the cumbersome items in her arms as she attempted to walk in a straight line. She was moving a bit slower than usual and trying not to drop anything. "Ah," Neptune replied to Naia, her voice half-muffled behind the stack of parcels, "I'm the only one of my kind here. I was told it was a great opportunity for learning and expanding our wisdom." She nearly fell to the side, emitting a small gasp as one of the parcels suddenly shifted. Regaining her balance, Neptune went on, "And so, I was sent in a starcraft! It took a few days, but it was a nice journey."

She steadied herself again and peered through the parcels she was carrying. Ahead could be seen another tall building, decorated in a similar manner to the rest. However, there seemed to be many students with luggage outside who were travelling towards it. "Oh, that must be the dormitory now!" Neptune exclaimed, hopping to one side in an attempt to stabilize another falling parcel. "Anyway, Naia, how'd you get--" She began to say, but with a soft thud, a parcel slipped backwards and connected with her forehead. Neptune stopped in her tracks and slowly lowered her burdens all to the ground. She told Naia softly, "Actually, sorry, this will only take a moment..."

Neptune snapped her fingers. Her arms began to glow in a bright blue light. Stretching and twisting in the space of a few seconds, they were transformed into green, scaly, and curiously tentacle-like shapes. She reached down to the ground and tightly wrapped her new arms multiple times around the parcels, lifting them easily and steadying them against herself once more. Turning brightly to Naia, Neptune grinned and wiggled the tip of one arm. "I do hope that didn't upset you, but this is so much easier now. Sorry, shall we go on?" she asked the girl.
Seeing Neptune's arms change all the Naia could say was ... a wall of text at rapid-fire speed: "Fascinating! I heard about Radyus that could morph any part of their bodies, even the whole thing, but I was disappointed when I learned it took weeks for them to do. How can Y'Ii you do that? Is it magic? Then what about the Second Law of Magic Transformation - which states that mass in a magic transformation must always say the same. And what about the cost of doing such a thing? Such a rapid transformation would burn several I'Llinay's worth of magic in mere seconds. There is the possibility of a catastrophic runaway chain reaction so the degree of magic control would also need to be incredible. And let's not even start considering the difficulties of the brain in adapting to a different type of limb all of a sudden. Oh I am Ryun'ii, Sorry. I hope that didn't make me look totally weird or something." "Great now I feel so damn embarrassed, why couldn't I control myself for once," she thought after finishing the magazine of that word-firing machinegun and falling silent.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru
@Luma @Raven Haruka @Roose Hurro

Avarice would've said something else if it weren't for the blasting of something god awful echoing through her room. What is it?! A terrorist attack?! she screeched in her mind, curling up into a ball. When the noise finally subsided, she uncurled to find that her roommate was gone. Her eye widened. Did the terrorists kidnap her? Shuffling towards the door, she opened it and peeked outside. It seemed all was right. Slowly coming out, the GRID looked around and decided to go down the hallway. One of the doors was open and she gently knocked on the wall. "Excuse me, has anyone seen a girl by the name of Ishika Tadeis?" she asked.

@gamer5

Neptune was flabbergasted by Naia's immediate and enthusiastic response. The words came quickly and befuddled Neptune's brain as she tried to keep track of what Naia was saying. Radius? Conservation of mass? Aren't these terms more scientific than magical? Neptune struggled to find a good reply momentarily as they neared the assumed dormitories. There were a few moments of awkward silence. Finally, Neptune told Naia, "Well... I don't think it's all that complicated, really. And the Second Law of Magic is actually about being only as strong as your powers, isn't it?"

"So," Neptune went on, "I can easily control how my body looks, at least in small amounts. I've been doing this since forever, anyway, so I know a lot about my strength and my limitations. That's the important part of the Second Law." She paused, looking pensive as she and Naia passed through the building's entrance at last. Slowing to a halt, she continued to tell Naia, "As for all that stuff about conserving mass and how the brain responds to a different body... well, this is magic, isn't it? Science doesn't often make sense when you've gotten to know a little bit about the arcane. I suppose the simplest way to explain it is that my body is intertwined with, or rather a vessel of, different magical energies, and so it responds actively and symbiotically to any alterations I initiate."

Here, Neptune stopped speaking entirely, gazing around the foyer of the building they'd found themselves in. "I guess that's your Introduction to Transfiguration class for the day," she said to Naia mischievously. "Thanks for leading me here. I think my room is on the fifth floor," Neptune finished, pointing to a powered lift set into an opposite wall. "Where are you headed?"

Sera nodded to Luna'd reply. It was a valid enough reason to keep the box closed, though it didn't stop her from imagining what may be in it. When she mentioned the empire, she became a bit confussed. 'The empire what's that?' She wondered to herself as Deen and Luna pointed out Vivianna's soul, which Sera couldn't see what so ever. Vivianna seemed to acknowledge her with a nod and Sera returned, not sure if the odd feeling girl was just quiet it didn't like her.

Suddenly a blast of loud music drowned out every other sound for a time being. Sera covered her ears, her hearing a little sensitive. She looked around trying to find the source, but it turned off as suddenly as it had started. "Well what was a fun surprise." She said and adjusted her back pack. She glanced back at it for a moment, then decided it was time to ditch the pack. "Well I'll be right back, I'm gonna drop this off in my room." She said with a smile and headed out through the door this time rather than the wall. Once she stepped out the door she almost ran into a tenticle mister, of sorts. She stopped short of the being in front of her and gave her a glance over for a moment. "Hmm, I can't day that I've seen anyone of that name, but I can help you look. Let me just drop my bag off." She said and hurried over to room 508. She phased through the door and dropped her pack on the bed farthest from the door. She dusted herself off and head back out, this time using the door the correct way. She headed back over to the tenticle being and stopped next to her. "So where to?" She asked.

(Sorry about the no color. I'm on my phone right now)
@Luma @Raven Haruka @Roose Hurro @chaosheart13

A Fine Shirting, With Music...

Deen liked music. Deen also had very large ears, so he preferred his music at a more "sedate" volume. Which this "music" wasn't. It was LOUD! And almost instantly annoying. Of course, in his travels, he'd heard worse and louder things. But he'd also heard far more pleasing and far less loudness, in the way of music. Wasn't difficult to mark the chi responsible for the blast. Wasn't difficult to also identify the approaching pattern as that of Room 501's unseen occupant... one of the two, anyway.

Deen's head still throbbed a bit, even after the music stopped. Ears back and down, he'd winced hard enough to grit teeth. Distracted long enough, someone else volunteered to help with the "missing person". But not distracted enough he couldn't now continue following all the goings on. His most pressing, that "spark of curiosity", and its "death".

Though a few bits needed cleaning up, first. Having dropped to fours at the "blast", he now sat back on his haunches, eyes first on Luna. "Sustenance"... but she was eating a book. He didn't eat books. He'd also had breakfast not all that long ago, so...

... "I'm afraid I've already had breakfast... I was intending to try that Java Squirrel place for lunch. If you want, we can share a meal there, later." Deen felt sure they'd have a stack of magazines she could eat, or at least some newspapers she could nibble on. Personally, he was looking forwards to a hot white mocha and a warm walnut scone.

Meanwhile.......

Shirt woke up from its long, lazy dream, a bit chilly, because it was no longer worn over a nice, warm body. For a second or two, Shirt had trouble with its new "bones", didn't know whether to fold or unfold itself. Then it saw... it saw!... The Person. Its Person. Wearing another shirt. So sad. So lonely. Didn't know why... sniffed its own pits... no, no! It hadn't been worn that long! Why? Shirt loved the smell of sweat, the damp feel on its fabric. Every little stain, a memory. Its collar frowned. If it had possessed actual eyes, there would have been tears. But Shirt... Shirt moved. Crawled back over to The Person, and touched him on the shoulder with her sleeve.......

Deen licked the back of his hands. He really wanted to lick something more personal, right now, but he...

... "Viviana..." His ears went up, his tail's tip started to flick. A brief chuff of shroudruff feathers against back... "Your chi flashed curiosity. If you have a question, a thought... anything you wish to say, say it." Grin... "If you don't, I'll have no choice but to chase after you, till you do." As a demo, he stood up, slinked over to her, gave her cheek a quick lick in passing, then spoke softly in her ear, hands behind his back... "You're cute, and you taste good... I'm wild, and very fluffy... and we're both single."

Yes, Deen had just turned on "Bad Boy" mode.......

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma
@Eruantien

"I believe that my room is on the fifth floor as well. As for the topic of the laws of magic we should probably discuss that at a latter time," Naia said and then nodded after checking something: "It appears that there is some kind of commotion going on on our floor. Since I don't feel like dealing with that I guess I should just transfer my stuff to my room, since we are now close enough for short-range portals to work." Then she put down some of the luggage and took out her Magical Gloves. She quickly put them on and started moving them in the air, using them to draw something in the air. Soon those drawings formed a circle of, obviously magical, symbols around her. Then the circle expanded around both Naia and Neptune. With all in place Naia spoke: "Open flow, run process, execute spell." As spoke lines appeared, using the symbols to form an actual magical circle and moments later magical portals appeared and swallowed Naia's luggage into themselves. Naia allowed a small smile to appear on her face and then said, as the symbols vanished into nothingness: "Now what do Y'Ii plan to do? I am not going to go up and tangle with whatever is going on so if Y'ii want I can transfer Yai'Ii, your, luggage to your room as well and then we can go and do something else. Maybe find a empty classroom so I can use the blackboard to explain the laws of magic as we I'Llinay know of them?"

"Baseball, hmm? I've heard of it, but never actually seen a game. Wonder if the Academy has a team?" Arza glanced at Primary. "You hungry? I don't need to eat, but I hear the food back on campus is pretty good. We can just sit and talk. I don't know much about your people, and I doubt you're familiar with Thanati."

@daird

"If they do, I would love to join," Primary_Batter murmured, "Hm...a little. Perhaps we should look around for some place to eat? But first, let us head back to the dormitory so I can put away all of this." With that said, Primary went to the cashier and placed the items on the counter. Their brows furrowed and they began to frown at some thought. "Do you accept bits? That is the currency of my homeworld," they asked, showing the money.

"That's fine, we'll just convert it," the cashier said, taking the money. The exchange was quick and soon Primary left with goods in hand. "We should get going."

Nightshade sat bored on his bed, waiting for Deen to return to their room when he saw something move out of the corner of his eye, something that both didn't surprise him, yet did. A shirt. A shirt had just moved, and had tapped his doll on it's shoulder. "Not strange in the least...but I do question how...." Nightshade thought. He never even for a moment considered Deen as being the perpetrator of this oddity.

He went over to it, picked it up and looked it over. That's when he saw something, a change on the back of the shirt. A strange symbol marked it, very tiny to say the least, yet it was there, covered by yucky slime. It was his imagination of course, but he attempted to make a valid reason for this strange occurrence. After he puzzled over it for a few seconds, he gave up and placed the shirt back down, and walked outside to inquire of Deen what might've happened. He then stumbled upon a...strange sight, his roommate licking the doll of the other Devo, and he laughed to himself as he stood there, seeing what both his fellow Devo and his roommate might do...

@gamer5 @Sail @DANAsaur @chaosheart13 @Yorika and here's where pings go to die

Impressed by Naia's magic, Neptune told her, "Those gloves are super neat! Did you make them yourself? Oh, no... thanks for offering, but I have a few things I need to take care of in my room before I get going elsewhere." Since Naia's luggage had now been teleported away, Neptune wriggled her tentacles again, which glowed briefly before morphing back into a normal humanoid arm. She said to Naia, "So, I'll just go up first with my bags and spend a couple of minutes upstairs. It won't take very long, but if you need to head off somewhere quickly I'll catch up, okay?"

"See you real soon," Neptune called back as she hurried with her luggage toward a powered lift. Inside, she found a map on the wall. Setting the lift to rise to the fifth floor, she saw on the map that room 512 was not very far away from the lift's location. Hmm... Naia said there was some sort of disturbance on the fifth floor. I hope it's not anything too loud, as I really need to go see my room before setting out again. The lift began to move upward, taking only a few short moments before arriving with a ding on the fifth floor's landing.

As the lift's doors opened, Neptune stuck her head out and peered around cautiously. At one end of the hall, opposite the direction of room 512, Neptune saw a few curious creatures. A masculine, dark-haired humanoid in a long coat had just crossed the hall, apparently to talk with the occupants of another room. There was also a feminine humanoid with long black hair, hovering in the hallway. A different creature seemed to be entirely made of green tentacles, with a great eye in its middle. It was holding a conversation with another feminine humanoid who had just entered the hallway, adorned with long, braided pink hair.

While there were, of course, plentiful variations of students who had been admitted to the Academy, Neptune had been positive she was the only Nül to have left her home planet. However, something about the pink-haired girl was beginning to set off warning bells in Neptune's mind. It wasn't exactly the girl's appearance, but rather a variation in her magical emanation. Like that of the Nül, and yet unlike. Strange. Neptune shook her head, stepping out of the lift toward room 512, and away from the gathering of boarding students. She'd promised not to keep Naia waiting for long. Only a few short paces, and then she'd finally see her new living quarters.

~ Viviana ~

Apparently Viviana wasn't the only one who noticed the obnoxiously loud music- the Nism visibly dropping onto all four of his limb (was that his natural position? She should probably ask him later...). At the mention of this Java Squirrel place, the doll tilted her head.

"Ah, perhaps all of us can go there some other time."

Speaking out loud, the phrase sounded more similar to an afterthought- rather than a questioning statement. It didn't seem like he was asking Luna specifically though, to be honest she wasn't even sure if Nisms courted each other (or maybe this was their way of courting? There's another question to ask.)

"Viviana..."

The Devo watched as Deen stood back up, a glint in his eyes causing her to tilt her head to the side.

"Your chi flashed curiosity. If you have a question, a thought... anything you wish to say, say it."
"Oh no, that's-"

Quickly, she was interrupted by the Nism, a dangerous grin on his face now.

"If you don't, I'll have no choice but to chase after you, till you do."

Confusion fueling her actions, Viviana did nothing but watch as he approached her- simply following him with her eyes while he gave a small brash lick to her cheek. Her eyes moved back forward, though the Devo still watched as he whispered into her ear.

"You're cute, and you taste good... I'm wild, and very fluffy... and we're both single."

'Did he just-?'

Viviana paused for a few seconds, contemplating what exactly she should do with this information. 'Well, since he said I could...'

"...Ah, I see. So, I'm guessing Nisms do court after all." Turning around, Viviana feigned a smirk- fluttering her eyelashes at the Nism in question playfully- eyes gleaming with reignited curiosity. "Though I must ask, are all of you diagnosed with necrophilia, as well?"

"Also, you keep on speaking about this...chi? What is that?" Her movements calculated, the doll raised an arm, lightly placing it on Deen's chest in front of her- providing a small amount of teasing distance between the two.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@Roose Hurro @Luma @AnybodyPleaseHelpIDKWhatI'mDoing

@Roose Hurro @Raven Haruka @Eruantien

Continuing to munch on her book, Luna casually began swinging her feet in time to the music as the entire room appeared to buzz with sound. While she kinda liked it herself, she seemed almost alone in that regard. Finally the music ceased and Deen made his move on her roommate. After finishing a bite with a big gulp, she hopped off the bed and began exclaiming a bit more loudly than she should. "The sanctuary fills with such youthful passion! I must depart and allow it to bloom properly." She turned to give them a small wave as she swiftly ran out of the room.

Not looking where she was going, Luna rushed straight into collision with a pale, green-haired girl, sending her luggage flying everywhere. Directing the victim an apologetic expression, Luna stood and offered her a greeting. "Our fates collide in a celestial calamity. Allow the spirits of fortune to repay their debt." With that, Luna struck a completely unnecessary pose, extending her arm forward as the luggage floated into a stack and hovered in front of her palm. "Where is your base located?" With her off-hand, Luna snatched up her half-eaten book the same way and took a small bite.

@Yorika

"Oh! Thanks!" Avarice exclaimed as the girl disappeared to somewhere and then reappeared. She blinked her eye in surprise but kept quiet about the disappearing act. "I...honestly don't know where to look," she admitted, "Maybe we can take a look around the campus? I sort of looked around, but I was too busy looking for the dorms to pay any attention." She shifted her body and began to move down the hall, her tentacles allowing her to move. "Oh by the way, I didn't get your name, what is it?" she asked.

"Sure thing. Here, let me carry some of that. It's the least I can do."

Arza took some of Primary's stuff and helped him carry it back. As she gently tossed it on the bed, she asked, "So, lunch, or something else? Your call."

@daird

"Thank you," they murmured, letting Arza take the bag. The trip back to the dorms was uneventful, with some chit chat here and there, but not much else. Primary_Batter, once the Thanata had set down their things, began to put them away until they were satisfied.

"Hm..." Primary took a moment to ponder which place they could go to for lunch. "...Well there is that place called Java Squirrel, perhaps we can go there?" she offered, taking a moment to stretch, "Though truthfully, I am unsure whether it has anything good for lunch. If it does not, perhaps we can wander around the campus?"

Boredom, Gone...

He... he touched her. Looked at her... Shirt felt that thrill in every fiber of her being, that hope, that joy.......

....... only to find herself rejected, again.

Thrown away.......

Thrown away!

Shirt vibrated with grief. Felt... felt... her fibers felt warm. Vital. Energized. Determined. As quickly as it came, grief fell away, cast aside as she determined she would have Him. No matter what. With this determination, she rose up, wobbled a bit...

... then chased after Him.

Walk... run... leap... GLOMPH!

Shirts can be very silent when they attack, silent as any ninja. So Nightshade most likely didn't know what was what, even after his former shirt glomphed on, and started to unbutton this rival shirt... determined to take its place in her Person's affections, again!

Deen?

Well...

... "Yes, we do indeed court, all without a judge or a lawyer in sight..." Grin. Chuckle to follow grin... "We do keep the jury... more fun that way, hmmm?" After this, Deen fluffed up, ponder face powered up, eyes cast down towards his feet... "And yes, I eat dead things for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's more... humane, that way." Grin again, Luna's "youthful passion" line in his ears, as he stepped around Viviana, then stopped, facing her without the slightest bit of self-consciousness, as her hand touched his chest...

... "Ahhh... chi." Hand to furry chest, even lightly, Viviana couldn't fail to feel soft fur, warmth... breath, heartbeat... perhaps even thrum of Heartstone. Deen's ears went back a bit, thought his grin remained. Clawed right hand reached up to his right ear, touched the spot underneath it, and withdrew what seemed a simple marble from his flesh, a small sphere emerged from under fur. With a flourish, a roll of object over fingers, said "object" fweeped! And lit up like Tinkerbell... "If I gift you with this Omni Bit, for a time, it will allow you to learn about chi much better than any words I can say."

Seiko was quite impressed with the school so far, it was quite a massive structure and she'd seen quite a variety of people so far. she'd pulled her hair up into a ponytail and wore a lighter kimono, one suited to traveling. she didn't look out of place, she thought, because everyone looked out of place and they made a very interesting sea of oddness that she was just another little wave in.

she pulled out the paper that gave her all her information "room 513" she read quietly, she had a vague idea of where the dorms were so she headed in that direction. she wasn't surprised that a campus this large was a bit confusing but that didn't make her any less frustrated by the time she made it to the ground floor of what she thought was the dorms she was in. she saw an elevator close up ahead of her but there was a girl standing between her and there. Seiko had never been a shy girl, so she approached the person and called "Excuse me? I think I'm in the right place but I may be a bit lost, is this the dorms?"

@gamer5

@Luma et al

"Waa-ah!" Caught completely off-guard, Neptune was knocked forward, dropping her luggage from her hands and falling forward as something hit her heavily in the square of the back. She landed splayed-out on the carpeted flooring of the hall, bumping her chin against the ground roughly. "Oww..." Neptune groaned, sitting up onto her knees and cradling her chin with one hand. She scuffled around on her knees and turned to face the unknown projectile, which turned out to be yet another feminine humanoid. This vibrantly violet-eyed girl was dressed in dark purple and golden common vesture, with dark hair that was highlighted in a similar purple.

Although Neptune was displeased at having suddenly found herself hurtling through time and space to receive an unexpected injury, her displeasure was somewhat mitigated as she saw the look of apology on her assailant's face. However, the stranger said something regarding a collision of fates and the 'spirits of fortune', which only left Neptune in more confusion than she'd been in previously. Using a complicated magic involving poses, the girl caused Neptune's luggage to collect itself together and remain floating in midair. "Where is your base located?" asked the strange girl of Neptune, biting into a half-eaten book. Neptune could only stare blankly, obviously at a loss for how to reply.

After an eternity of silence, Neptune stammered a response to the girl. "I, um... my base is a bit, kind of... it's room 512, like the shiny door plate says. Did-- did you know that's not actually food?" Neptune pointed to the remnants of the book that had just disappeared into the girl's mouth. The absurdity of the situation was completely lost on Neptune, sadly. Her chin hurt and now somebody else's chin was moving perfectly well, to devour a honest-to-goodness book, of all things.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
@Eruantien

Luna offered the pale girl a quick "mmph" of acknowledgement until she could finish the book with a swallow. "It partially satisfies the endless void of knowledge that hungers within, which the eye can only but mimic." Luna waved her hand forward in another unnecessary gesture, as if directing the luggage forward on its own, even though the levitation was entirely her own doing. Following it along to room 512, she continued with her cheerful greeting, "I am known as Luna, emissary of the moon, magical huntress, and many more titles yet undiscovered! What possessions lie within these containment units," she asked, pointing to the luggage, which floated in front of the door waiting for it to be unlocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.