Status
Not open for further replies.
@Eruantien

"I believe it to be some sort of mess hall, trough I can't say for sure," Naia answered as she took started to walk towards on of the exits of the room. "So A'Ii Neptune, how did Y'Ii end up here? I had my vision blocked by my luggage so I lost my way," she asked and also explaining how she herself ended up in the cafeteria while her small steps moved her forward. Thanks to the removal of the two biggest objects in her luggage she now could actually see where she was going which made her even more thankful for Neptune's help.

@chaosheart13

Ishika took a moment to think about her answer to Avarice, recollecting her life on both Earth and her homeworld as she put down a few more pieces of clothing. Finally she said: "Mostly traded things. Had a few rough years after coming to Earth. As for before that, well that is not important anymore." After a pause that was a bit longer then one would usually make she added: "What about you Miss Lowsen?"

@gamer5

"That so?" Avarice asked, deflating somewhat at the simple answer. Truth be told, she wanted some kind of story told. Maybe she is a serial killer, hiding her past like that. ...Nah. She blinked her one red eye at the question that was thrown at her. "Me? Well, this is my first time on Earth and in a school for one. Before that I was living with my circle and fighting in a war against the...1-0s." She spat out the name of the race as if it were poison.

@Roose Hurro and "The Fellowship of the Luggage."

Luna pivoted around on the heel of her boot as Deen addressed the others, gazing at each member of the crowd that had gathered around her luggage. For a moment, those bright purple eyes also followed two mysterious, magical entities that seemed to be effecting her roommate and the laughing guy. If there was any recognition in Luna, her face didn't betray it, as her gaze eventually continued onward to others. Finally, they rested on Deen again, as he offered to help with her unpacking.

"Hmm..." Luna mused. "Well, my collection has a great weight, but you seem to have the gift of strength within you. Your assistance would be appreciated, if you can manage it!" With that, she made her way to each of the 4 sides and unlatched a large, metal lock on each one, releasing the top of the crate. Rising to the tips of her toes, Luna pushed the top cover off and hoisted herself on top of the crate's side. The inside was filled with several boxes of books separated by genre and a few suitcases. Underneath those were many larger boxes that each held several hundred pounds full of strange looking equipment and disassembled machines.

With one hand, Luna grabbed a smaller, ornate box about the size of a brick that had 5 strangely shaped keyholes in the front. The other she used to pretend like she was effortlessly lifting another sizable box, while her magic stealthily did the heavy lifting. "Sorry, but I can't let anyone hold this one," she mentioned apologetically, holding up the ornate box. "It holds a magnificent secret that mustn't be released. The rest of my stuff you can put anywhere." With that, Luna quickly placed the larger box in the corner of her room and returned to see how Deen was managing.

"That is correct. We can do that fun stuff my friend..." Nightshade said in response to Deen, suddenly becoming distracted.

"A...Devo? Here...at this school...she looks likes she thinks I'm weird or something. Ah, whatever. " he thought to himself.

"Hey," he said, pointing to the other Devo with his Devo form," who are you? If you didn't hear, my name is Nightshade."

~Viviana~

"Oooo! The great feather griffon has descended upon my luggage,"
"Not 'great feather griffon'... Nism."

'Nism?' Tilting her head at the odd name, Viviana racked her brain for anything on the species whilst said Nism introduced himself as Deen of...something or other- it'll come to her later, probably.

"-holds a magnificent secret that mustn't be released. The rest of my stuff you can put anywhere."

'wait, what?'

Shaking her head once, Viviana saw Luna walk into their room, coming back out empty handed and continuing to unpack her stuff. Walking over, the doll reached down, about to take a pile of books.

"Hey,"

Looking up, she noticed the other Devo, his form twisting a small tendril to point at her.

"Who are you? If you didn't hear, my name is Nightshade."

Narrowing her eyes into a cold stare, the rest of her face sharpened with discontent. The small smile on her face was almost condescending- but it was being forced too much for it to actually show true superiority.

"Viviana."

Without another word, she picked up a few books, the pile leaning against her frail frame as she turned around. Heading into the room, she lightened up, her face losing a bit of the harshness as she approached Luna. "Which bed would you prefer?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@Luma @Roose Hurro @Sail @really_anybody?

@Raven Haruka ...and anyone else watching room 506.

"Oh...hmmm..." Luna's stare flicked back and forth to and from the beds. "I shall test their compatibility with my lunar energies." With that, she walked up to the nearest bed, climbed on and started bouncing on it for a few seconds, clearly enjoying herself. Once she was satisfied, she repeated the process with the other bed. "I believe the one that calls to me is....that one-- well....maybe...hmm..." Luna hesitated to make a decision as the bed sheets mysteriously straightened themselves.

"Actually, I have a powerful relic that can solve this dilemma." Luna headed for a suitcase and popped it open, revealing a large amount of paper money and coins of various currencies, tossed inside haphazardly. Grabbing a quarter, she struck a dramatic pose and began chanting, "Spirits that sail the great tides of destiny, lend me the power to solve this great riddle!" With that, she flipped the coin, which spun into the air and eventually landed to show it's head side. "It is done. This one shall now be my vessel," she stated, pointing towards the bed nearest to the door.

"By the way," Luna turned back to stare straight at Vivi's devo form, or more specifically, at the magic it gave off. After a few seconds she leaned into the ear of Vivi's doll and whispered, "I don't mean to scare you or anything, but I fear you may be harboring one of the empire's curses. Depending on it's nature, I might be able to remove it, if you'd like."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
"Viviana...that sounds like a Victorian name..." Nightshade thought, "I've gotta redo a part of my plan since I've discovered this Devo here... I'll just see what ideas Deen has...yes...yes..."

"Deen, how about we retire to our dorm room? I would like your...assistance in a matter of great importance..." Nightshade said with a smirk, "I'll wait for you in our room."

Nightshade pushed his dolls' various body parts, making sure to make them look as human looking movements as possible, then pushed the door open, and sat down on his bed, waiting for his roommate, bored out of his mind.

@gamer5

Neptune walked beside Naia as they egressed from the building into the morning light once more, shifting around the cumbersome items in her arms as she attempted to walk in a straight line. She was moving a bit slower than usual and trying not to drop anything. "Ah," Neptune replied to Naia, her voice half-muffled behind the stack of parcels, "I'm the only one of my kind here. I was told it was a great opportunity for learning and expanding our wisdom." She nearly fell to the side, emitting a small gasp as one of the parcels suddenly shifted. Regaining her balance, Neptune went on, "And so, I was sent in a starcraft! It took a few days, but it was a nice journey."

She steadied herself again and peered through the parcels she was carrying. Ahead could be seen another tall building, decorated in a similar manner to the rest. However, there seemed to be many students with luggage outside who were travelling towards it. "Oh, that must be the dormitory now!" Neptune exclaimed, hopping to one side in an attempt to stabilize another falling parcel. "Anyway, Naia, how'd you get--" She began to say, but with a soft thud, a parcel slipped backwards and connected with her forehead. Neptune stopped in her tracks and slowly lowered her burdens all to the ground. She told Naia softly, "Actually, sorry, this will only take a moment..."

Neptune snapped her fingers. Her arms began to glow in a bright blue light. Stretching and twisting in the space of a few seconds, they were transformed into green, scaly, and curiously tentacle-like shapes. She reached down to the ground and tightly wrapped her new arms multiple times around the parcels, lifting them easily and steadying them against herself once more. Turning brightly to Naia, Neptune grinned and wiggled the tip of one arm. "I do hope that didn't upset you, but this is so much easier now. Sorry, shall we go on?" she asked the girl.

"Shopping? With me? I'm sorry, I'm just surprised. Most be people wouldn't be caught dead doing things with me." Arza smiled at her own little joke.

"Apparently, there's a general store nearby. You can find whatever you need there, and I can do some window shopping." Arza wondered what she would find in there. From what she had heard, this world was far more technologically advanced than her home.

Sera pulled herself all the way through the wall as the others spoke. There was a bird like creature on all fours that was calling itself a Nism. She made note of that. The girl that the large crate belonged to had bright purple eyes. They were almost mesmerizing. And finally two, one male and one female, that seemed to be off. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but they were just off to her. Well, she didn't have to find out everything about everyone on the first day.

The Athys stretched a bit, almost forgetting that she hadn't explored her own room yet. But this was way more entertaining so she stayed where she was. Sera had been a little lost in her own wonderings when she came back to the real world and heard the purple eye'd girl talking about a mysterious box. Oh it was all over from there. "So... why is it you can't open the box?" She asked reaching through the crate and grabbing a hand full books. This girl had a lot of books. She set them down towards the middle of the room and watched at Luna determined which bed was hers via 'magical artifact'. Sera laughed as she saw the girl flip a coin then pointing t which ever bed corresponded with the side. "I like your divination. I'm Sera by the way..... Uh, what was your name again?" She asked, having only caught bits and pieces of the previous conversation. The bird-creature was Deen, the off boy was Nightshade, and the off girl was... Viviana? Yeah, that was her name.

@Luma @Raven Haruka

Managing Her Luggage...

Deen had to really hold it in, to keep from harking out loud at Nightshade's words. Not only did he keep his chi-flow on the outside, but he appeared quite clueless. Didn't catch drift... as in, he didn't understand all the things Deen had said were meant as payback for that "pee" prank he'd confessed to. Intended or not. Yes, these things and other possibilities. All aimed at Nightshade. "Fun stuff", indeed!

Even the whole showing him his "doorknobs" mooning apparently hadn't expressed enough sarcasm. If sarcasm was the right term. Hard to tell with a furry alien critter, but Deen's Free Spirit had lead to many an "adventure" of like mind, with others he'd met. Not that Deen didn't like Nightshade. The guy seemed quite.......

Oooo... "Magnificent Secret"...! If not for the "must not be released" clause, not to mention the whole "gift of strength within you" thing, Deen would have been very tempted to peek. So he made the decision to leave well enough alone, to respect this female's "privacy". At least when it came to That Box. As for the rest...?

Well, what with her needing to get at her crated luggage, Deen hopped off, stood up on twos, mock-horked a hairball into his hands, then Unnoticeably wiped them off on the back of Nightshade's shirt, just as his roomie turned and went back to their room.......

Then he went to work, hauling box after heavy box as if unloading pillows, light-footed slip into room with each load, placed anywhere out-of-the-way space existed, ears a-twitch as he eaves-dropped on the whole "I choose you!" bed thing. And didn't fail to note the same external chi patterns surrounding "Viviana".

Yes, the next few years would be very, very interesting. Perhaps even in a "Chinese curse" sort of way.......

Heh. Speaking of curses...

... "I don't think it's wise to remove this particular... hnnnn... curse." Deen shifted the box he'd just put down one-eighth of an inch to the left, in perfect line with the previous box... "If I'm reading her chi right, that curse is her Spirit. Her living essence."

Yes, Nightshade would have to wait for his "assistance". Though it probably wouldn't be long before his room-mate's doll started feeling the effects of the chi-pattern "spell" he'd written on the back of said room-mate's shirt. Hey, why wait for payback......?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma
"I don't see why not," Primary_Batter said monotonously, noticing the joke but saying nothing, "A general store? They would most likely have the things I need." With a grunt, they made their way to the general store, asking for directions at one point before coming at a stop to their destination.

The general store seemed to have everything, from shampoo to food to electronics. They noted that there was a second floor as they shopped around, grabbing some soap, a toothbrush, and toothpaste. With a pause, they ended up grabbing the shampoo as well, a luxury they never had before, not even when they were living with their "father." She put everything in the basket and wandered around a bit, looking for whatever else they deemed was necessary and putting it in the basket. "Arza, do you see anything you want?" they asked as they walked to the Thanata, "I will pay for it."

August was lightly setting up his things, when he heard someone else talking so loud, that he almost mistaken that there was a party inside his room.

"Hm... hehe, they don't know what's coming" Although August was loving culture, he also loved loud music - especially dubstep and techno. He lightly took out small dynamics, connecting them to his smartphone. What to choose? Let's go with Evil Gameboy!

"Hehe" August laughed maniacally, putting the tune on. It started quiet - enough to hear in next room quietly. And then...
So, yeah, whole floor could hear dubstep booming.

@Yorika @Raven Haruka @Yorika (again) @Roose Hurro ...in that order.

As the wall-head girl asked about the box, Luna replied, "What's the point of a secret box if the inside isn't a secret? The contents are very powerful though; I wouldn't want any evildoers getting their hands on them." She proceeded to place it temptingly on top of one of the larger boxes.

Luna couldn't help but be a little disappointed at how easily Deen was managing her luggage. Mostly it was the lack of struggle; she was looking forward to that, but he really was surprisingly strong. Further disappointment came shortly after, when he mentioned the nature of her roommate's curse. 'Aww, he can see magic too,' she mentally complained to herself? She strode up to the Vivi magic-source and curiously tried poking it a few times, speaking aloud, "Oh...that's a weird place to keep your spirit...but so cool..."

With a strand of her invisible (to most people) magic, Luna flicked the coin into her open hand, turning to the Sera again as she introduced herself. "I'm one of the two guardians of this sanctuary, Luna! It is great to have our paths cross in this sanctified place, Ghost Maiden. Your knowledge of spirit ceremonies will make you a wondrous ally in the fight against the empire," Luna held up the quarter to emphasize 'spirit ceremonies'.

Finally, after a few more things had been moved, her massive crate was emptied of it's contents. About half of room 506 was now filled with the various contents of Luna's luggage. She turned to Deen in appreciation, "You have my thanks, Mystical Wanderer; you're strength surpasses my expectations. If you wish, you may join me in the first daily ritual of sustenance." That said, Luna shuffled through her collection of books and settled on "The History of Gothic Architecture". Sitting on her bed, she started swinging her legs playfully as she took a massive bite out of the paperback book she had selected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kagayours
~Viviana~

Viviana gave a small smile as Luna decided her bed, the childish way of decision amusing to watch. Picking up her bag, she walked over to the empty bed, setting the bag down with a ploop! . "Alright, I'll take this one then."

"By the way,"

"Hmm?"

"I don't mean to scare you or anything, but I fear you may be harboring one of the empire's curses. Depending on it's nature, I might be able to remove it, if you'd like."

'What?' Tilting her head, the Devo stared at Luna- confusion evident in her eyes. She didn't know that many people- or at least, not people who could place such a thing as a "curse" on her. So, what was her roommate talking about?

"I don't think it's wise to remove this particular... hnnnn... curse." Deen spoke, his uncanny strength not going unnoticed to the Devo, as she realized they were already almost done unpacking Luna's things. "If I'm reading her chi right, that curse is her Spirit. Her living essence."

'Oh!'

Viviana nodded in agreement with the Nism's statement, the invisible lightbulb going off in her head as she realized what could have just happened. "Sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about me."
"Oh...that's a weird place to keep your spirit...but so cool..."
"Thank you?" The shadowy mass making up her true form fidgeted with nervousness- twisting and turning as it subconsciously inched closer to her doll. It was already weird enough to meet another Devo, but now there were more people who could see her?

She wasn't sure whether she should be worried, or fascinated.

Noticing another girl- who had apparently just waltzed in through their wall- said doll gave a nod of acknowledgement, instead approaching the feathered creature in the room, a spark of curiosity delving behind red eyes. Opening her mouth, she was about to ask a question when she suddenly noticed the booming bass of music echoing through the room.

The familiarity of it killed her curiosity relatively quickly, as she turned away from the Nism.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@Luma @Roose Hurro @Yorika @RecentlyInsaneRussian

It didn't take too long for the Devo to witness the "curse" placed upon his doll's back. He laughed softly to himself, realizing now that his roommate Deen had said all those things to him as a foreshadowing of how he'd get revenge for the fainting the water prank.

He took his doll's shirt off, then switched it with another one. "Good prank," he said to the air, "I foresee many more..."

Suddenly, a loud burst of music sounded through the floor, and he became startled as he continued to sit in wait for his roommate to enter.

"Nope. Nothing for me." Arza did need some powdered manticore barb for her potion kit, but this didn't look like the kind of place that sold it. Shame.

"So, what sort of talents do you have, Primary? Me, I have some necromantic skills. Not very good at it, though."

August was sitting on the bed, reading encyclopedia about Estonian flowers. Dubstep was so hard that stuff in room literally trembled after each of bass drops. He was actually used to this music, and even to the grade of it loudness.

"Hm... I think I've had enough" August got up form his bed, and turned the music off. He felt guilty, that maybe someone was sleeping, not used to loud music or simply hated dubstep. August now sat in bed, sadly looking on the book on his knees. If his parents would see him... such a disgrace...

@daird

Primary had to raise an eyebrow at Arza. "A necromancer?" they asked, "Hm...From the city I lived in, tales about necromancers painted them as terrible people. I suppose not all necromancers are like that, then." They shrugged in response to the question. "I only play baseball, nothing really of note other than that. I tried to keep myself hidden most of the time."

A thought popped into their head. "Be right back." The 1-0 began looking around the store again, until their eyes fell on some gum near the cashier. Perfect. Taking the gum, they went back to Arza. "Are you done looking? I am about to pay."

Status
Not open for further replies.