Status
Not open for further replies.
@Raven Haruka ...and pretty much anyone else in the building with ears.

Luna glided through the air as Omnibus Academy's island finally came into view, a large, reinforced, wooden crate following along behind her. Not a day passed where she regretting dedicating the magic she'd consumed to telekinesis. It was both practical and great for the imagination. Using it on herself to levitate or perform other tricks like walking on walls was a particular delight.

As the school grew closer, it became evident just how true the rumors were; this entire island was brimming with magic. Luna brought herself down towards the ocean and started manipulating her body to make it look like she was walking on top of the water. It wasn't the meteor crash entrance she had originally wanted, but the protective suit required to safely crash to Earth inside of a meteor would've completely ruined the effect. "Oh well," she thought, levitating the crate closer towards her, "this is still pretty fun."

As Luna arrived on shore, she finally got to using her actual muscles for the first time in a few hours, stretching her limbs out a bit. She equated self-telekinesis to sitting in a car for awhile; physically easy and mentally stressful. Looking around with her bright purple eyes, she began to notice just how many magical creatures there really were. People emanating magic passively, people using magic actively, even several beings that appeared to be made of magic themselves. With this much magic floating around, nodes might even be a daily occurrence. Plus, this school was just plain beautiful. How exciting.

Throwing down the crate, Luna entered the administration building and quickly returned with a slip of paper listing her (supposed) name, race, realm of origin and, most importantly, room number. Without even bothering to peek at it, she crumpled it up and stuffed it in her mouth; chewing a bit before swallowing the wad of paper. "Oo...506. The sanctuary awaits it's guardian," she blurted aloud with a childishly excited smile to no one in particular.

Several minutes later, Luna had made her way to the dormitory room labeled '506'. She smacked the crate down beside it with a very audible "WHUMP!" that echoed through the hallways as the crate took up half the walking space. Turning to the door, Luna knocked 3 times, the third one classifying more as a "forceful opening" than a knock. Promptly stepping in and looking around to find a silver haired girl resting on the wall, Luna turned to her, gave her a friendly smile, and exclaimed, "Oh, hi! Are you the resident of this sanctuary? I'm Luna."

Last edited:
Blockage...

Absolutely fantastic...!

He'd either been cursed with a small bladder, or "gifted" with very busy kidneys. Of course, it could have been something in the water. Though he loved coffee, it did make him pee quite frequently. What with all the chi flowing through this place, yes, very much likely something had "tainted" the water. He'd make note to not drink out of the quad's fountain again.......

....... end of hall... end of hall... end of ha.......

He'd flashed by a number of doors, including the one to his own room, before, yes!... he did indeed find a "community" restroom. Thankfully quite spotlessly clean and unoccupied. So, one very long whizz later, aim perfect due to long practice with strange facilities... Whoosh!... done, hands washed... looong distraction with the mirror, making faces and poses and.......

....... well, while he'd been "busy", he'd missed a few things happening. New arrivals like himself, finding their rooms. But when he came out, he couldn't help but notice... well, first, his roomie was again in their room, chi quite distinct, even through door and wall. But the big thing to catch his attention? A very big crate taking up half the hallway, right in front of Room 506. So that's where that loud WHUMP! came from! Voices, too. Female. Only two. Down on all fours again, he tip-toed up to the crate, then softly hopped on top, taking up a perch-pose as he stared at the door, silent yet grinning. Fur fluffed up, shroudruff feathers on display, just waiting to be noticed.

Meanwhile, his roomie continued to wait, as well... perhaps, perhaps not.......

@Roose

"Perfect." Nightshade thought as he put his finishing touches on his first prank, the one he hoped would garner much attention. Technically, he had already planted his first prank, but it was incredibly small, and in a way should've helped somebody. He had "tainted" the water with a special type of sugar that would make it a tad addicting to drink for a brief amount of time, thus causing him to laugh when he saw that his roommate had fell prey to his prank.

Now that he had finished with his plan for his perfect prank, he slid it into his small suitcase he brought with him to the academy, housing his few items he possessed, tossed it up onto his bed, and then headed into the hallway.

He poked his roommate on the back of the neck, then said, "Hello, my name is Nightshade, and you have fell prey to my first prank," then fell into a fit of laughter...

Last edited:
@chaosheart13

"Close enough," Ishika answered Avarice as she decided to use the time to organize her meager belongings, starting with setting up her laptop on the table. As she looked for a power socket, wondering if it there were any in the room and if those accepted the plug of her laptop's charger, she asked: "So Miss Lowsen, I am wondering, how are we talking, considering your lack of a mouth?" A loud sound could be hear from somewhere outside of the room, but she ignored it as it didn't sound as something really dangerous and was none of her bussniess.

@Eruantien

Naia risen her hand to the level of Neptune's face, with the palm open towards the other girl, and introduced herself: "N'Ii am Naia Matei from O'Ddelin in E'Llinay." Then she returned to the topic of her luggage: "Well it is more of a problem of not being able to put all of this on myself without blocking Nai'Ii view and not about my luggage being to heavy. N'Ii would have just portalled it all in, but I am not sure if this place and long-range portals are compatible." She continued to reorganize the luggage, but it appeared that without another arm or a extra feet of height, she would never be able to normally carry all of it at once.

Last edited:
@gamer5

Avarice shrugged in response, the movement rippling her tentacles. "Well considering my true form doesn't have a mouth either, I don't know," she answered, "My kind mostly takes the form of something that isn't humanoid, so there's always someone that doesn't have a mouth to talk with, but can still talk anyway." Pause. "I guess you can say it's, um...what was that word? Something to do with speaking through the mind? Maybe it's that, not too sure."

Instead of going straight away to her dorm room, Meela hovered ad floated around the entire dorm looking and eavesdropping to the new students. It was quite fun to see such diversity! There were auite a lot of new faces and she can't wait to get some juicy details from them. Perhaps she'll spread a rumor she heard or spread a gossip. "Oh~ just the thought of it makes me want to release a tornado~~"

As she continued on hovelring on a random hallway, she realized something. "Oh my wind.. I don't have a room mate!" The thought immediately made her feel sad. Now who am I supposed to talk to and make friends with? This sucks"

"No, there's nothing green where I come from. Everything is rotting, from the trees to the water." Arza blinked a couple of times. This world's mana felt cold and slithering on her skin. It would be difficult to adapt it to necromantic purposes; she'd probably need to learn a much wider variety of spells. "Certainly, I'd love to see what this world has to offer us." She opened the door for her new roommate. "After you."

@chaosheart13

@gamer5

Neptune blinked and repeated the gesture with her hand. "Oh... I-I see," she said to Naia. A thought came to her. "If you'd like," Neptune told Naia, "I could help you carry a few of those things. All I ask in return is that you guide me to the dormitories." She paused and a small smile appeared on her lips. "Who knows, we might even be in the same building!" Neptune's eyes were sparkling with enthusiasm.

Now that Neptune could see her properly, Naia appeared to be quite a few years younger than herself. Naia had nicely colored eyes, in a beautiful shade of aquatic mint. She seemed to have a serious manner about her, but maybe she was just wary of trusting new people immediately, like Neptune. Still, Neptune had decided she'd make an effort to be friendly to everyone she met here if possible. As the representative of her race, she naturally wanted to make a good impression. But beneath this 'noble desire' might reside another, more personal reason to befriend others.

@daird

"Hm...I cannot imagine a world where everything is dead," Primary_Batter murmured as they hopped off the bed and walked over to her roommate. They gave a curt nod in reply as they exited the door.

The campus was large, but then again, it most likely took up the entire island. Truthfully, Primary wasn't sure where to go first. Well, barring the classrooms, they can do that later. "Where do you think we should look first?" they inquired, looking over to Arza.

"This place is so huge, I wouldn't know where to begin!" Arza had a grin from ear to rotting ear. "Let's see what's outside first." She lightly skipped down the stairs and opened the door, feeling warm sunlight on her skin for the very first time. "This place... it's so wonderful. I honestly hope I can stay here forever."

@daird

Primary_Batter followed Arza to outside the dorm. For them to understand the Thanata's excitement was impossible, for how could they understand emotions if they had never experienced them? Even now, as she was drinking in the sunlight, the 1-0 couldn't understand what she was feeling right now. "I would assume that you feel this way because of your home not having...whatever it is that it has?" they asked. A frown began to set in as they realized they forgot to pack something, toiletries. "Perhaps we can see if there are any shops around? Preferably ones that sell toiletries."

~Viviana~

"WHUMP!"

A large noise came from outside the door, causing the Devo to slink back closer to her doll. Not long after, the sound of knocking caused Viviana to become more alert, eyesockets staring holes into the door before it opened, a girl (well, she assumed that the person in front of her was female- she should probably check) walking in.

"Oh, hi! Are you the resident of this sanctuary? I'm Luna."

As the doll began to stand, Vivi observed who she assumed was her roommate (if not, well...that would be a bit awkward, probably). Just a tad bit shorter than herself, Luna seemed mostly human- with the exception of the brightly colored purple eyes, of course. Brushing off her shoulders, the doll stared at her for a few moments before realizing that she was asked a question.

"Ah, yes- sorry, it seems we're roommates now?" Outstretching a paled-hand, she simply tilted her head in acknowledgement of the other. "I'm Viviana, nice to meet you-"

A fit of laughter had the Devo pausing mid-sentence- the noise coming from right outside their room, it seemed. Placing her hand back down towards her side, curiosity getting the better of her this time as she peaked her head outside.

"Oh."

Her eyes widened at the sight in front of her. Of course, seeing another Devo was a surprise- especially one acting this...eccentric. But her gaze wasn't quite directed towards him at the moment, instead she narrowed her eyes at the large, four-legged creature currently perched on top of a very large box ('oh, that's what the crash was') .

Saying nothing more, she moved out into the hall- letting Luna come out should she so wish.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@Luma @Roose Hurro @Sail

@chaosheart13

"It is a mystery, huh," Ishika said as she gave up on searching for a plug and instead proceeded to organize her clothing into whatever furniture for storing it was available. She went on doing this, thinking about a talking topic, but finding none to talk about, after all what topics would a one-eyed creature made mostly out of tentacles and without a mouth talk about. Ishika sighed and continued her work while trying to think of what to talk about next...

@Eruantien

"Oh that would be so much help! Thank you very much A'Ii Neptune," Naia said and pointed to two quite large packets: "If Y'Ii /polite You/ could take just those two it would be more then enough. They are not heavy so Y'Ii should not have problems carrying them." Wasting no time for Neptune Naia once again started to pick up her baggage and in no time was half-covered in various bags while carrying one smaller and one larger suitcase. Then she waited from Neptune to confirm that she was ready to move out to...

@Raven Haruka @Roose Hurro @Sail

Luna shook Vivi's hand awkwardly with both of her own. "Our bond has been made," she declared excitedly! A great outburst of laughter outside the room caught her attention, and evidently Vivi's as well since she was quick to peek outside and see what it was. Luna proceeded outside after her to find one figure in a laughing fit and another striking a dramatic pose. "Oooo! The great feather griffon has descended upon my luggage," she exclaimed, gazing upwards at the 4-legged creature in childish awe!

@gamer5

Yee? Aye? Neptune wondered at the strange words from Naia, but she thought nothing more of it. She gathered her own luggage and Naia's two additional packets quickly. Naia was speaking the truth; the packets were not heavy, although they had the tendency to be cumbersome. Neptune nodded at Naia and told her, "Okay, please lead the way." She took a step forward, then paused. "By the way, do you know what sort of area we're standing in now?" she asked Naia, moving to follow her again.

~ Previously ~

As the craft entered the orbit of Earth, the heating of the hull awoke the sleeping Athys. Sera slowly sat up, well as much as she could in the tiny space. She had stowed away on the ship the royal was taking to Omnibus Academy. She had wanted to explore this new world. Mire seemed to not take to her as much as she had wanted, so this was her new beginning. The ship touched down and Sera readied herself to leave.

Slinging her back pack on, she listened as the royal got her bags out and the automated voice wished her good bye. She quickly phased herself through the wall of the compartment, pulling her back through along with her. The hatch was beginning to close as Sera hustled towards the entrance. She quickly hopped through what was left of the hole, landing with a moderate thud. She invoked her invisibility, hiding just in time to avoid being caught by the royal. She watched the girl, whom seemed to be younger than her, take a look around before turning back to her task at hand. Sera waited a moment as Neptune left, becoming visible again. She brushed the dust off her clothes, readying herself for her first day.

~ Present ~

Sera had already gotten her room key and headed up to her room. She reached her floor and soon found that it was brimming with excitement. Which in turn made her a bit curious as to what was going on. She saw that the hallway was partially blocked, by other students and a big box. Like a really big box. She looked around, finding that the best route was to go through the rooms. She phased into room 502, which no one seemed to be in. She moved forward, passing into room 504. There were bags in it, but no one seemed to be home. Next was the room with all the commotion in front of it; room 506. She phased through the wall and landed on a bed. She bounced on it for a moment then looked at the two girls that were currently exiting the room. "Oh this place just keeps getting more interesting! I'm so glad I came here!" She said as she got off the bed. She headed towards the doorway and figured there wasn't enough room for all of them to be there. So she moved to the side and phased her head through the wall next to the door. "So what's going on here?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Eruantien
Center of Attention...

It seemed, without really trying, he'd garnered quite a bit of attention. His roomie. A floating girl just turning into their hallway. Of course, the two female students in Room 506, now not in Room 506. And then another female! Yes, presently just a head sticking out of the wall and asking a question, but yes, more females! Not of his species, but still, he struck his sexiest pose. No, not as "large" as he seemed... on twos, a few inches under six feet, though nose to tail, much "larger". In other words, "human" sized.

But yes, quite impressive. All fluffed fur, ruffled feathers, buffed scales... and nothing else.

Well, last things first...

... "Oh, I imagine quite a few goings on we have yet to see. Like..." Here, he turned attention towards his roomie, green eyes bright, grin, white and toothy... "someone finding their socks drooled on. Live mice in their bed. Toilet paper solidly glued to the roll. You know..." Here his tongue stuck out a bit between teeth... "all those fun things friends do together. Right, Nightshade?"

Yes, he'd been paying attention to his roomie, the whole "poke" and "laughter-fit"... quite a first impression. Hopefully returned in spades. But he had other things to address...

... "Not 'great feather griffon'... Nism." With this correction/declaration, he rose up on all fours, upon this lady's "luggage"... stretched, tail up, "mooning" anyone now standing behind (*cough*-nightshade-*cough*), eyes on "luggage-owner" as he did so... "I am Deen, of the Bloodline Ahvviyinn... shame I didn't bring any luggage of my own." Grin, ears turned back... "Do you need any help unpacking?"

This question came with a pat to her crate.......

@gamer5

The room was quiet as Ishika packed away her things. Avarice, not wanting to disturb the peace, remained quiet for some time, slinking over back to her bed. She didn't get on it, though. To the GRID, Ishika seemed polite and rather nice. But maybe she's a serial killer, one that knows how to stay under the radar. Her body shook as she pushed that thought aside. Not likely. She was quiet for a moment before she spoke up. "So...what were you doing before you came her to Omnibus Academy?" she asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.