• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mollisol

Subterranean Rose
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
6 - 10 PM, Eastern Standard Time
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
Last edited:
Reactions: Blighted_Agent
Hey all,

Three things. First, here's my current classification of magical girl "seniors" and "juniors":
  • Juniors include Mikan (Yellow) and Sakura (Blue).
  • Seniors include Anna (White) and Ayami (Sangria).
  • Currently unclassified is Nore (Onyx).
Everyone else, is this correct?

Second of all, I would like to get the first IC post up Monday.
Sounds all goods to Boo^^!!
Finally, I had a structure for this I wanted to propose, rather than just winging it in terms of how much Shadow and "normal" time the girls have. I was thinking of having slice-of-life moments separated by virtual reality missions. I'm thinking that the Umbra faction has been planning an attack on Henzai. They're not merely reacting to it; it's reacting to them (if it were the other way around, I worry this would get pretty episodic). Does this sound good to everyone?

Ummmm... kinda don't understand fully like whacha mean by this buuuut... k! Ill go along with it~^^!!

The resistance is plotting an attack on Henzai infrastructure, and Henzai is reacting to it as opposed to Henzai actively seeking out resistance cells and forcing them to react.

The resistance is plotting an attack on Henzai infrastructure, and Henzai is reacting to it as opposed to Henzai actively seeking out resistance cells and forcing them to react.
Thanks for that but like I was actually like more unclear as to the proposed posting structure. Cuz if we do slice of life posts, wouldn't we just be like posting by ourselves with no interaction with each other since we are stuck in different parts of the city? Or like are our girlies actually going to do some physical world resistance/disturbances together?? :O

Thanks for that but like I was actually like more unclear as to the proposed posting structure. Cuz if we do slice of life posts, wouldn't we just be like posting by ourselves with no interaction with each other since we are stuck in different parts of the city? Or like are our girlies actually going to do some physical world resistance/disturbances together?? :O
I think posts will be divided into two parts: slice of life regarding the characters' reality actions, and the actual goings-on inside the network.

Reactions: Mollisol
Wolfsbane is correct. I'm going to try to put the girls together where I can, which might require me changing how the movement between Gears is disallowed.

Reactions: Wolfsbane706
Wolfsbane is correct. I'm going to try to put the girls together where I can, which might require me changing how the movement between Gears is disallowed.
I think I finished Anna.

I will adapt to whatever structure is chosen. Two-part posts is fine with me, likewise with the resistance actively doing stuff against Henzai.

It'd be unfortunate if the movement restrictions between Gears is changed, but if it's necessary, so be it. I suppose it depends on how much stuff has to be done IRL as opposed to in VR. For the record, given how they're apparently supposed to be normal for the most part while outside VR, I think it'd be too risky to do anything suspicious , especially with the massive surveillance going on.

Post will be up tonight; I was unexpectedly pulled into plans with family today :)

Just got home and was not expecting that excursion to take that long. But it was fun, and I'm typing up a starter for everyone!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Also: diverged from the structure we discussed a bit; we are doing one-part posts ("normal" posts). This should be easier to understand.

AWESOMES~^^!!

K so like questions then:

~Have the 3 Shadows ever met each other online? Or like have we only heard about each other? Or is this the first ever online meet?
~We have met the Datamancer as a kitty avatar before right?
~Like I know that I went into a bit of detail about Ayami's personality, but is it okay if her Shadow personality is a bit different from her Meat personality? Like she is waaaaaay more powerful and violent as a Shadow right?

Thanks ya!!;D

~Havee the 3 Shadows ever met each other online? Or like have we only heard about each other? Or is this the first ever online meet?
I'd say they've heard about each other, but never met, even online. This is the first time they see each other.

Yep! She gave you your Shadow powers.
EDIT: I know this quoted wrong but you get what I mean, right? >~< It's your second question.

~Like I know that I went into a bit of detail about Ayami's personality, but is it okay if her Shadow personality is a bit different from her Meat personality? Like she is waaaaaay more powerful and violent as a Shadow right?
I'd say that's okay. I mean, people can act differently online than they do irl already, so it's feasible for something like that to happen with Ayami. And yes, in Umbra, Ayami as Sangria Shadow can destroy things and act violently much more freely than she can in the meat world, and she's definitely more powerful.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
I'd say they've heard about each other, but never met, even online. This is the first time they see each other.

Yep! She gave you your Shadow powers.
EDIT: I know this quoted wrong but you get what I mean, right? >~< It's your second question.

I'd say that's okay. I mean, people can act differently online than they do irl already, so it's feasible for something like that to happen with Ayami. And yes, in Umbra, Ayami as Sangria Shadow can destroy things and act violently much more freely than she can in the meat world, and she's definitely more powerful.

Awesomes^^ thanks for answers. Yeah for the datamancer I just don't remember any mention of a kitty is all =^,^=

Awesomes^^ thanks for answers. Yeah for the datamancer I just don't remember any mention of a kitty is all =^,^=
Oh, I should've made it clearer D: I thought I might've brought it up before but I must not have.

You know how in traditional magical girl anime, there's often a talking kitty/other fluffy mascot that mentors the girls and helps them unlock their powers? My thought process was, the datamancer edited the VR so the girls could have their powers, and she's bringing them together now, so she's sort of in the same role as the fluffy mascot. And since this is underground VR, there's no reason her avatar can't be a talking fluffy kitty. ;3 Does that make sense?

Oh, I should've made it clearer D: I thought I might've brought it up before but I must not have.

You know how in traditional magical girl anime, there's often a talking kitty/other fluffy mascot that mentors the girls and helps them unlock their powers? My thought process was, the datamancer edited the VR so the girls could have their powers, and she's bringing them together now, so she's sort of in the same role as the fluffy mascot. And since this is underground VR, there's no reason her avatar can't be a talking fluffy kitty. ;3 Does that make sense?

Oooooohhhh... that maaaakes senses alright... totes.

WHO WE MUST KILLLLL!!!!
kyubey-zoom-o.gif

;PP~~~

Reactions: Empress Wen
Oooooohhhh... that maaaakes senses alright... totes.

WHO WE MUST KILLLLL!!!!
kyubey-zoom-o.gif

;PP~~~
Oh my goodness, I love that reference x3

In all serious, though, this has a black and white morality (or a black-and-white and colorful morality). Be assured that the Shadows are the good guys, that they're not about to turn into Henzai death programs or anything, and that Eri is not Kyuubey.

Just because we know doesn't mean the characters do =V

Thanks for the tip, at any rate. I only just got back from abroad, will get my post up sometime before the end of today.

Reactions: Mollisol
Status
Not open for further replies.