• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
[fieldbox="Ryu Uchiha, blue, dotted"]Ryu was stunned into silence slightly whenever Kuni came over and started speaking to Yogiri, then to Ryu. The girl watched Kuni speak and listened to her words seeing as she figured Kuni, much like Eiji-Sensei, would probably know how to handle this better than either Yogiri or herself. She bowed her head slightly in Kuni's direction after she was spoken to, feeling regretful that Kuni's Reunion with the team had been interrupted by going off on Yogiri. Ryu wanted to open her mouth and say something to defend herself but thought better of doing so and simly stayed quiet. "Welcome back to the team, Kuni. I hope everything went well in Konohoa" The girl said softly, not even trying to make her voice deeper to sound masculine (because that kind of hurt her throat whenever she did that). Then she looked over at Eiji as he spoke about their mission and where they were going. This explanation of the mission left Ryu with only one question about all of it; "Sensei, do we know where the bandits are operating out of? Wouldn't it be easier to try to speak to their leader instead of going to the shrine? I understand its our mission, I was just curious that is all" She said, adding in the last part to ensure that she wasn't coming off as disrespectful or as deeming herself smarter than those who had planned the mission. (She certainly was not either of these, frankly Ryu was just nervous about her reputation with Eiji-Sensei becoming worse than it already was.). [/fieldbox]

Itsuo Takata, Team 15 Jounin
Amegakure

"Good. Everyone's pretty much on time." Itsuo waited for a moment before speaking up again. "I'm the squad leader of Team 15, Itsuo Takata. I'd ask you to introduce yourselves again, since we have a new member, but I think we can do that while moving. We're going to the Fire Province border for our mission, so we'll have some time to get to know each other. I'll tell you more in a bit, once we're off."

With that, he turned and started walking away from the village, glancing back to see if the others were following.

Kin Kita
Kumogakure genin, Team Satoshi

After the team gathered and Satoshi gave his instructions, Kin merely nodded upon hearing he needed to go to the left of the formation. Simple instruction, and as he watched Natsuo go and take his position at the front of the formation, Kin moved to his position. He was slightly curious at to why Jun-sensei chose to tell Natsuo to lead, but once more chose to not question his sensei. He was certain Jun-sensei had his own reasons, regardless of what they were. All he needed to do was to keep up with the pace Natsuo moved at, and ensure he wont lose track of the others.

[fieldbox=Preparing for the 'Run', #33cccc]
Kiyomi Homura
Akinian Empress

Summary:
Studying in the morning, Kiyomi is further her knowledge and understanding about clans - also considering a few things. Even those who she never had a high opinion off - not to confuse with respect! - but she then also gets a rather unusual request to join the 'Run for Comradeship'. Basically it is a simple action to gain more attention for old war veterans and helping others to understand what it means to be a soldier. A shinobi. A defender of your people.

Sitting on the comfortable chair, Kiyomi had been reading all morning. While she loved to read about all kinds of different topics, she had been mostly been reading about customs and manners of other clans. Not because she was really interested in indulging into their matters or because she wanted to use it in her own advantage for some goal. It was because it would be expected of her to know that the manners, traditions and legacy of one clan could be similar or very different with that of another. And while in these times clans didn't have any official power as they were nothing more than gatherings of sub-cultures of a nation, they were still important. They were after all still a reminisce of an older time and age, but also a people that their own traditions and history. Some who were more proud than others about it.

Studying about the Uchiha clan, Kiyomi had set aside her slight disapproval of the Uchiha. While she didn't really trust the clan in general, finding them slight akin to the Hyuuga, she had to respect them. Not because of their sharingan. Not because that they had brought forth one Hokage and because of Hisoka, but because they were countrymen. Fellow Imperial citzens of Akino. Whether they believed in other myths and had a different set of traditions and manners than the Hon or another clan, they called these lands their home. And what made them actually less than another? Or what about the Sarutobi clan?

She had read on how the ancestors of the modern day Sarutobi had fled their old ancestral home because of conflict and desperately sought for sanctuary. Did their history mean that they are less welcome than those who have always been around since the day that the countries came to be? No. They were just as welcome to stay as anybody else who just wanted to live, work and cooperate with other loyal subjects of the realm. And her task was to make sure that they had somebody to keep them unified. The personal avatar of a realm.

Sounded all great and noble, but Kiyomi felt intimidated. More than any foe she had faced and fought before. Those were physically present. She could use her skill, experience and abilities to overcome them. But this was a task she couldn't just finish or complete with fighting and beating up somebody. It was a task that she had to do as long as she remained as ruler. Where Kiyomi knew she could put faith in those who advised and helped her to become a good ruler, it didn't remove that scary fact. People counted on her decisions to make sure that their future would be good. That their children could grow up and become parents themselves. That they would not need to fear poverty, war and turmoil.

Chewing on her lower lip, the young empress was wondering if she would do a good job at it. The realm was big and the cultures were diverse. She thought about it for a moment. Closing the book, she leaned back. Her first thought was that it would be so easy if everybody had the same cultural origin, traditions and manner. It would just make everything way easier.

But was it truly better?

Which culture was 'better'? Which had more 'right'? The questions kept going on in her mind as she thought about the clans she had read and studied this morning. The Hon clan? Uchiha? Nimatsu? Or were they all just wrong and were other clans outside better? She thought about the Sato clan. They had been so welcoming and seem to be filled with gentle and understanding people. Perhaps it would just be better if everybody would just be a herding sheep? The thought made her softly giggle. She actually missed that feeling. Leaning with her left elbow on the desk, Kiyomi glanced at the books.

They were providing some comfort, but they weren't people. They didn't talk and laugh with her. They just made it possible for her to read the same thing over and over. Which wasn't bad in her opinion. But there wasn't the laughter you could share and experience when you have a great fun with your sibling. When you come home and make your father proud and smile. Reaching an achievement and getting a pat on the back.

How was Hiron, Aimi and Keiko doing?
Was Shunso perhaps now with Midori, sharing stories around a fire or perhaps traveling around?
Were Saki, Koike, Katsu and the others having fun?

The books didn't answer this. But that was okay. She should totally make time to eat dinner with Hiron, Aimi and Keiko. Shunso should be able to receive a letter or else she could perhaps send Midori one and then ask her? Yes, that would be a perfect reason to write them. Maybe she could even ask how Chie was doing? Even though Kiyomi felt guilty for how she had brought the situation up at the woman, she didn't had anything but good intentions and wishes for the woman and Midori. And of course Shunso. Him too.

And then the others? She should be trying to see if she could get together with some friends. As she thought about it, Kiyomi wondered. Was this for every leader, clan or country, the same? Being so busy that you had little time for family and friends?

Perhaps she should be less wary and negative towards Shozo then? Cause if that was the cause, why would he be any different from Zakito? He was just trying to make sure that his clan, his people, and family would face a healthy and prosperous future.

Then she thought of something as she turned on her chair. Gazing outside of the window, she could detect a lot of details of the view. It wasn't because of her intelligent or very sharp and keen eyes. It was because she finally understood why it would be bad to try to make the whole country follow one set of tradition and promoting one culture above another.

The sight outside, the world, was like a tapestry. Like a beatiful tapestry, why would she need to unravel it? Was one color superior to another? No. While she perhaps had a favorite color, that didn't mean that others colors didn't matter. Furthering her thoughts, Kiyomi smiled. Perhaps it was just that she was getting poetic, but she started to compare it to a painting.

A painting required a brush to move over the canvas. And a beautiful painting required more than just one color. It was a combination of colors and different strokes from the brush or brushes. Together they made a wonderful painting. A painting of the same strokes and one color would make for a rather dull one or at least less interesting one. Perhaps she should exchange thoughts like these with Shozo?

She sat on her throne. It was a comfortable sit, but she didn't like it. There were some people who had requested an audience with her. Some had done that to request her judgement on a matter. Others to make a suggestion or others to pay her respect. It all came however mostly for themselves, which made Kiyomi find these afternoons dreadful. It reminded her for example the time that Ezuri had visited her and had basically asked her to do his 'homework'. While she believed and tried to do be there for the people, Kiyomi couldn't just hold hands of one person because they just asked her to. That was taking the whole matter a bit too literal...

After dismissing a leader of a merchant guild, that wanted to request permission to build an trade post between Keishi, a large city in the Fire province, and the capital of the River province. After discussing the matter, Kiyomi had ended the talk with requesting a formulated plan. But making it clear that she would like further talk with the merchants and making sure that parties would come to a conclusion that everybody could agree on. Not just the merchants, but those who perhaps lived in the region or could be bothered with setting up a post where traders could get some respite from traveling and the weather.

As the man, with a rather content expression, walked away, Kiyomi placed her hands on her lap as she let out a soft sigh. The double doors slowly closed by four members of the Sworn Swords. There were several members present in the throne room, Kiyomi waited a few seconds. Gesturing that the next could come, the doors would slowly be opened again. This time a shinobi walked into the throne room. At least, a shinobi with one leg...

"Your grace."

The man tried to bow, but he had stilts to balance as he had after all only one leg. And with her sharp eyes, she could easily see the numerous scars on the man's face. Yet he was dressed as a shinobi. In the old and outdated flak jacket of Konohagakure, which made Kiyomi wonder. "You may come forward. Or wait.." Kiyomi already got up as she realized that the stairs would be a problem for the man to climb up to the first of the two platforms that led to her throne.

"Your grace, I thank you for your kind gesture, but... I can do this." The man friendly replied back as he flashed a smile. He limped towards the stairs. It seemed that he had some difficulty, but through sheer determination the man managed to reach the first platform. Kiyomi had taken her seat and glanced towards Katashi. The captain-commander of the Sworn Swords, had his left hand leaning on the handle of his sword in a relaxed stance. He glanced back at Kiyomi, simply nodding. Getting the signal, Kiyomi rose up again as the man sighed.

Her movement caught the man's attention. "Your majesty, please. One moment more." He dropped to his knee and managed to balance on one stilt as he would lower his head. Sitting down again, Kiyomi felt a bit out of her 'game'. Her manners were telling her that she should help the man. It was clear he was a veteran. The certain pride and scars weren't gained just by bumping against a cart. She had seen enough scars made by weapons and ninjutsu. This man carried his fair share.

"Your name, sir?" Kiyomi friendly requested. The man kept his head lowered as he replied back. "My name is Hisao, your grace." The man replied back. "And what matters do you bring before me?" She felt slight worried. Was this man still a shinobi? Why was he wearing then a jacket that was taking out of commission? A lot of questions went through her mind, but she didn't bombard Hisao with questions.

"Your majesty. I bring a suggestion up. I'm an old veteran. Having fought in the Great War, many years ago. It was on the front against Kirigakure where I faced with many of my comrades and youth-friends against those who wished to take the land of our countrymen. I lost my younger brother back then." The man said, his voice slightly shaking as he kept his head down. "I faced on the plains the forces of Sunagakure before we managed to drive them back to the desert. It is from these places where I earned my battle scars, but lost friends and family." The man paused, clearly having a hard time to continue.

"Please, take it easy. I've time." Kiyomi said. Time? She didn't have much. But she would make sure that she had it. The soft sounds at her left made it clear that Katashi got the notice. Those who else had an audience would likely had to wait a few more minutes before they would get a turn.

"Thanks your... majesty. But I don't want to waste your time nor bore you with the stories of an old veteran." Hisao further spoke as Kiyomi remained silent, not wanting to be disrespectful towards the ex-shinobi. "I'm not the only one who paid dearly for the future of the country. But don't get me wrong, your majesty. I didn't come here to ask your for pity or respect. You've seen conflict and I doubt that you underestimate it in all your wisdom. But if your grace would like to hear, I ask in name of the other veterans for your support."

The man remained silent, Kiyomi half closing her eyes. "Please, I would love to hear your suggestion. If you want, I would love it if you didn't bow further. Sir." The respect as the subtle hint caught on with Hisao, who rose up from his bow and nodded towards the young Empress. He cleared his throat as he continued afterwards.

"It is something that hasn't caught much attention, but every once in a while we veterans try to raise awarness for those who have and are suffering from their experiences during their service. I don't wish to make them sound as individuals that aren't tough or weren't able to become soldiers and shinobi. They are proud and loyal subjects of your grace, but the social help that is there for them doesn't cover a lot. Many of them suffer post-traumatic stress disorders. I myself can't stand hot temperatures that equal the desert. It reminds me of certain events." Licking his lips the man paused as Kiyomi saw how he kept trying to subtly sit as if he didn't miss a leg.

"While I can't join for obvious reasons, I help with organizing the event. I work now these days in the shop of my brother-in-law. But after a meeting with the other veterans and those who know of this, we thought it would be perhaps a good idea if we could get somebody to support us. Just a good word or perhaps helping in one small way." The man paused as he would return to bowing his head deeply. "Don't misunderstand me, I don't wish to ask or beg you for money or joining us. I am a simple man, your majesty. This... I'm very sorry."

Kiyomi was touched. She hadn't heard of this and she had tried to keep doing changes in order to help people like him. Those who needed help. Or who would be able to remain valuable members of the society if they were just helped to get on a place where they could continue to contribute. Not just to prove their own worth to everybody else, but she knew what she would do as the man clearly wasn't sure how to continue.

"Dear Hisao," Kiyomi began with a respectful tone, "I must apologize in the first place. I sadly haven't heard of such an event where people would come together like this. I would love to hear more of this as well to support it in any manner that would be convenient for you and the others." She said, causing the man to look up, surprised. "As for the customs and manners that is expected here, don't worry. As from one nin to another, I doubt that you can disrespect me with your current behavior. Please, if you would wish to inform me more, I would love that."

There was a visible joy moving over the scarred face of the veteran as he replied back. "Of course your grace. This event is to bring awareness to those who have suffered and help to raise some funds that will go to those who need it. Families who rely heavily on their husbands, children and friends who serve in the military to protect them. To help veterans like me to make sure that they find their place and get the help that they need in order to not fall in depression and worse."

"That sounds very good. But what would you do then?" Kiyomi asked politely and genuinely curious. Hisao didn't seem to waver as he started to speak more relaxed back to the young Empress. "We rally a group that will travel in a jog pace from the capital to the eastern coast. From the coast we row in boats towards the nearby island. On our way we visit some homes that offer a night and some food to those who participate as each participant carry a backpack with medical supplies and other needs that some villages can use."

"That sounds good. Please, do continue."
"My son has joined every time, your majesty. Some people run because they want to support their comrades who serve in the military. Others because they want to respect their fallen kin and friends. Or because they want to help to spread the needs that the other villages on the route can use while we have it here in abundance."

[/fieldbox]

Shisen Inuzuka
Team 7
Another Mission

Shisen left her home ten minutes early and ran with her ninken right behind her to the gates of Konoha where she saw her team waiting for her. Coming to an easy halt as she believed she was a minute early, she caught the tail end of the mission. Repairs for a village, it wasn't the most exciting but it was something. "Just don't tick off sensei, you'll end up pulling weeds or worse," Shisen said jokingly. Slightly cringing at the memory that she had of doing exactly that, soooo many weeds and too much thorns. "I guess we should get going then, betcha I'll get a nice bed cause I'm gonna work twice as hard as you," Shisen teased Aimi, hoping to at least motivate for some friendly competition.

[fieldbox="Kensuke Nimatsu - Konohagakure Team 7 Jounin, green"]
Konohagakure Gates

He gave Aimi an intense look. "Yes. It means exactly that." His tone abruptly ended the conversation that could've happened, after which Shisen arrived. "Let's go." He said, and departed.

After a few hours they arrived at the small country village of Yamazoe. It looked neither very prosperous nor remarkably poor, and Kensuke told both students to wait while he want to speak with whoever was in charge of this place, quickly returning with a sizeable list of tasks. Kensuke showed the list to both genin and flashed a mean grin. "It looks as if we're going to be busy for the rest of tomorrow aswell." He said without a trace of mercy. "And with we, I mean you." He continued. "Let's start with fixing the roof of our host's stable, as we'll be sleeping there. Once that's done we're spreading manure at the communal field, and then we can go help at the tanner's." He said, already smelling the leatherworker's house from here. Today would be loads of fun.
[/fieldbox]

Shintaro Kisaragi
Team 15 genin | Amegakure

Shintaro didn't show it, but he was deeply disturbed that everyone around him seemed younger than him. He wasn't offended, he just felt strange, especially with the Jounin not seeming much older than him either.
"Sh-Shintaro Kisaragi..." The boy grumbled as he began to walk, not seeming to be annoyed that he was being rained on. Sure, he hated the rain, but only the fact of it. Being social was another thing... Was there a certain way you had to speak to people much younger than you?
"... Am I older than everyone here?" He asked in a rather awkward tone, looking left to right while forcing his face to stay straight.

[fieldbox=Rini Yoto, #ffcc99]
Amegakure genin of Team 15

The girl glanced at Itsuo. She didn't want it. Finding it comfortable with her raincoat, Rini remained silent for a moment as the jounin told them to introduce themselves to the newcomer. The boy seemed indeed older than her, but she didn't care. Where she would start to speak up in a polite tone, Rini felt her envy growing. Another person that could take away attention and training from her. "Rini Yoto, hi." The young girl replied. Adjusting the hood of her rain coat, Rini would start to follow Itsuo.

The question of Shintaro was met with a frown from Rini. She wondered where the question had came from, but decided that she shouldn't answer that if she wasn't sure how her answer would come over. It would probably go a bit off and she decided that she shouldn't do anything to earn a lecture.

"What kind of mission is it?" Rini decided to ask. She didn't expect anything too exciting, but if it would bring up some money, that would be more than okay in her opinion. It involved at least some long distance traveling if they were going to the border between the Fire and Rain province.

[/fieldbox]

The Wedding of Hisoka and Harumi

Written by Fieryfly and Alice with the great help of Aras

Before the altar

While the idea of a suit had been appealing partially because it would be slightly more distinctive than the traditional yukata, Hisoka still chose that traditional yukata to be his outfit. He was performing an official marriage for his clan so he might as well go all the way. Besides, the yukata was more comfortable than the suit. No tie wrapped around his neck, choking him. No still jacket that restricted his movements. The yukata, dark blue like everything Uchiha with the traditional symbol on the back, was loose, thin and rather elegent if he had say so himself. Not that he actually knew much about fashion.

His mother had asked him to wear it. It was difficult saying no to her. So he didn't.

She helped to get him dressed. The precise movements of her aging fingers tying all the things together and straightening them out felt familiar. It was just like she had done when he was small and had dirtied his clothes during training. They had talked, but as Hisoka stood by the altar right now he couldn't quite remember what that conversation had been about. About the marriage no doubt. His mother was happy for him which was good of course, but it felt cheap because he himself wasn't happy about it. Yet he tried to be nice to her and state that he was excited too.

She told him that he was a bad liar.

Somehow Raku Uchiha had always had a knack to understand her son's thoughts. She seemed to be able to read his posture like no one else in the world could, understanding the things he was thinking before they had even sprang up in his mind. She knew he was not happy about it. She knew that his father forced this on him. He suspected she even knew that there was... someone else. Someone else he had wanted to share his life with forever and ever. Someone else who should be coming down that aisle.

But that someone would be in the crowd. With her daughter.

If it had been possible, Hisoka would not have sent Meisa an invitation. But with the important role she held in the society at large it was impossible to exclude her. It was still her choice if she would show up, but not sending an invitation would be considered very rude. He wanted her to be there, strangely enough, and yet he wanted her to stay away. This was not something she should have to see.

His mother told him that it was all going to be fine and when he rubbed his eyes she asked if he wanted something against the pain. He hadn't told her about any of his problems. It didn't lay is his nature to tell anyone about them. People either found out or they didn't and that wasn't his concern. His problems were his. But here his mother was, seeing in his eyes that her son was unwell. He told her no. The painkillers started to loose their appeal the more he used them. They couldn't block things out anymore after so much use.

Now at the altar the headache was mostly gone. Or mostly ignored. Those were the same things essentially. He caught himself fidgitting with his sleeves and immediately dropped his hands. The priest smiled gently at him. The man had proclaimed that it was an honor to marry the former Hokage and current governor of the state. Hisoka had just smiled and nodded.

The hall was beautiful as always. A high building made of dark wood. Normally the hall was quite empty, but today chairs were covering the light wooden floor, parted in the middle to create the aisle that ran towards the double doors with the silver hinges at the end. Banners decorated the walls. Paintings made by Uchiha about events of the past. And the Uchiha symbol was present of course. Large and ominous, it hung behind the altar. This was the main hall of the compound. This was where things happened.

This was where he would marry.

The walk

Staring at the reflection of the mirror, Harumi was looking calm. As if she was very cool about it. In a certain way she was. Her hands were placed on her lap as she thought about it. Knowing that she could say no, run away or just anything to stop it herself, the consquences would be too drastic. Would Katsu be angry? Yoshiro? That was all that mattered after all. Glancing back, a certain determination flowed over her facial expression. Clenching her hands into fists, she would just face it. Though she had her rights, she didn't want to compromise the lives of her sibling and grandfather. It would be a big dishonor and cause of enmity if she wouldn't go with this through. Not to mention that there was a festival happening right now in Konohagakure. It would just be awkward if Harumi would not show up at the wedding and people would continue the celebrations. Glancing at the door, she wondered how others felt during this moment.

Were they scared?
Hopeful?
Nervous?

She didn't know. But she hoped that he would hopefully be here soon. The anxiety started to slightly raise, hoping that he hadn't got lost or got hold up for whatever reason.

A weak knock resonated in the room as a familiar old voice spoke up, muffled by the door. "Harumi, dear?"

"Come in!" The reply almost followed instantly from the knocking on the door as Harumi would get up. The dress was again irritating her as she would need to hold it a bit up in order to move without risking that she would fall flat on her face. She missed her comfortable and convenient own garb over this wedding dress. For a moment, she hoped that she was at least looking okay, but that wouldn't matter to the person who would walk her. For the first time today a smile grew on her lips.

The door opened as the old man walked in. His head spun around slowly before he looked forward giving a smile to the young woman. "How're you holding up?"

"I'm fine. You?" She asked back. It was silly to be slight nervous of what he would think or asking what he thought about her looks. Which was just silly as he wouldn't be able to see her with his condition. "I'm not the one marrying," he said with a light chuckle as he made his way towards her. "How great.... I'll be able to walk my granddaughter down the aisle... Never thought this day'd come when I was still on my feet."

The joke was met with a snort from Harumi. "I was worried that you were lost or distracted." The last word had a certain emphasis as she would meet him. "This dress is however annoying." She complained. "It is unpleasant to walk around in, cause if I don't hold it a bit up, I will end up tripping and falling flat on my face. And I don't like to be dressed in white." She just started. "I also think I look like an idiot."

"Ohhh, I'm sure it looks terrific!" he reassured her. "If anyone says otherwise, they're probably jealous!"

"Thanks." She mumbled, genuinely. Wrapping an arm around him, Harumi took a breath in. "Shall we go then?"

"Lead the way, Haru."

It made her just smile about the irony of the situation. He was supposed to walk her, but because of his condition it was technically reversed. "Have you maybe heard or met Katsu today?" Harumi whispered, hoping that he was doing fine. Maybe he was attending the wedding? Though Harumi wouldn't blame him for joining the festival or...

"Hm... I don't know how he sounds, so even if I have, I wouldn't know," he said, walking beside her. "You'll have to introduce me to my little boy, Haru." She simply nodded in response. They would soon walk into the hall where the ceremony was being held. "He's much like you, being a troublemaker." She whispered back. Her smile grew. "He is not the tallest, but he has short black hair. Green eyes, like jade. And hmmm." Thinking on how to further explain him how Katsu look like or give him an idea at least, Harumi paused. "I think you will like him, gramps."

"Green and black? Hmm..." He thought for a while with an amused smile on his lips. "I'd better! I'm his good ol' grandad, y'know!"

"Heh, yeah." She was sure that Kat and Yoshiro would get along. Enjoying the moments she had now, in calm and peace with just Yoshiro, Harumi hoped it would be over soon. Entering the hall, where it became quiet, Harumi softly chewed on her lower lip for a second. It would be ironic and probably making her laugh by the idea that Yoshiro would walk her to the altar. Her blind grandfather would probably rely more on her now to walk towards the aisle than the other way around. At least, that was on sight.

She needed him.

Cause with every step, she could feel a weight that grew heavier and heavier coming down her shoulders. "Thanks grampa." She whispered.

The ceremony

Suddenly it was all very real. Harumi stood next to him, her hand in his as they held it up before the man who would bind their lives together forever. Or at least that was what they said. A marriage was supposed to strengthen the bond between people, made them be together forever.

Forever.

Hisoka refrained from looking around, seeing if she was still in the room. He wanted her to be, and at the same time wished she would go. At the end of the day he would have to kiss Harumi. Didn't have to be long or anything, but it had to happen. he didn't want her to see it. But he kept his eyes on the man that would in someway doom his life. Or that is what it felt like.

Her hand was suprisingly smooth against his calloused skin. The smooth hands of a woman who had killed many in her short life. Such strange opposites. Her gown was nice too. She looked nice over all. And she was probably also a really nice person. She was against her brother.

He just didn't love her.

Her face expression was a mask. Not very surprising. Thinking of what this moment meant caused her not to think of the curses and times that she had despised her clan. It hadn't brought up any wishes to see some people end or drop dead. It terrified her as she realized something. It had been nothing more than a soft whisper that she had kept ignoring, but it was now equalling a roar that rang through her mind. She was going to be bound to this man. A man she didn't love nor found herself caring for. Slowly her eyes lowered, as the thought seemed to surpress any rebelious temptation of just running away. For a second, she glanced at him sideways. The son of the clan leader, former Hokage and governor of the largest province in the Empire. A fine catch, but she didn't want this. Softly, her grip tightened as if she was briefly squeezing his hand softly. Harumi's lips also slightly parted as she wanted to breath in and stay calm and collected.

The man before them cleared his throat and although it had been relatively silent in the hall, that simple small sound made the quietness intensify. Hisoka swallowed. It was not really a big deal, that was what he had told himself. They both didn't care for each other, Harumi might borderline hate him, but that was fine. They could live in the same house, avoid each other most of the time and it would work out great. But now it felt like a big deal with all these people behing him, waiting, staring, expecting things. Expecting him to be happy.

"Dearly beloved," the man started. Hisoka hand tightened in the same way that Harumi's did. It was as if they were clinging together in their dislike of each other, in the lie that they were spinning for this city. Another lie. There were so many lies already. Would one more hurt so bad? Suddenly he wondered if Sakamoto and Mayumi were here. All the while, Harumi kept her thoughts to Katsu and Yoshiro. Hopefully they had some fun or enjoying themselves.

"We have gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses..." That was exactly what they were Hisoka realized. Witnisses to keep him to his word. Both of them. "to join Hisoka Uchiha and Harumi Uchiha in matrimony commended to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly." Harumi's lips moved into a slight bigger smile. "Passionately, I can give that..." She thought to herself.

"Into this - these two persons present now come to be joined," the man continued. He send a look through the room as if he was looking for someone. They all knew already what he was going to ask so Hisoka didn't see the point of him searching.

"Who supports this couple in their marriage?" His voice echoed through the hall. And as immediate reaction Shozo stepped forwards from his position next to Hisoka. The man bowed slightly in the stern way that was so his and raised his own voice.

"I do."

Hisoka's face remained stern though it was difficult for him to keep it that way. His father had been way too fast with that. As if he was in a hurry. The man before him, however, nodded appreciatively and lowered his gaze back to the couple before him. He smiled a genuine happy smile. He seemed so glad with their marriage. So blessed that he got to be the one that bound the govenor to his loftly wife. He spread his arms.

"If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together -" From his side Hisoka could almost feel his father's eyes burn. But his gaze was not on him. Staring at the priest, Harumi's eyes closed by a bit as she tried to ignore the temptation to turn and stare back. To sneer something about that if he liked what he saw, he had to put a ring himself on it. But she didn't. Remaining silent, Harumi stared at the priester.

"- let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

A pregnant silence fell during which the hall waited, during which Hisoka waited, during which Harumi waited for someone to put a halt to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aya Oda | Genin Kirigakure, Team 11
Aya nodded quite normally despite Shin's confusion as to probably why he attacked at all. "Yeah, isn't he so awesomely strong? Knowing him he was watching and testing us since the start! Kind of glad he knocked Genso out though. I didn't want to hear a I told you so from him." Aya said before Shin brought their attention back to her arm. She stared at it and shrugged. "Meh what can you do really? I can't feel anything at all in it anymore, its quite literally numb as all hell right now." Aya said before taking the bowl and putting her arm in it to cool the burn despite not feeling anything beside bits of her arm not burned being cold. She then sighed and smiled at him, before slowly backing away. "H-hospital huh..... Well you see they give needles and I haven't gotten some in quite a while. So they might you know... give me so-" Before she could finish though she dropped the bowl and took off in a sprint. "Noooooo! I dont want any shots! You can't make me dumb dumb ICY!!" Aya shouted as she tried to make a break for it into the village where someone would possibly think she was being attacked by a dangerous person when really she was avoiding the sure shot she would recieve.​

Korina and Kazumo
The First Training Session!
Part I: Introductions​

Waiting on the same training field that he received his start to his Genjutsu training from Aiko, he would await the arrival of his fellow team mate Korina in hopes she could help him with his Taijutsu. He was told by Aiko that Korina was fairly good at it and so was the Hyuuga. Yet he would be too nervous around a Hyuuga to get any improvement in anything really. So Korina was his choice in the end he could have asked Aiko since she was good at it, yet he didn't want to burden her with all these training session mostly when she was probably busy as is. So as he awaited Korina to get his note in hopes they could train for this upcoming Ironblood contest, he would take the time to practice his archery a bit. As he would take simple shots from afar and hit these log poles in the distance. By no means was it impressive at least to a skilled archer, but it would help make his aim better and pass the time as he waited.

Korina headed towards the training field at a leisurely pace so as to enjoy the day. While she wasn't thrilled to be helping one of her teammates, she figured it would make it easier for Aiko-Sensei to take it easy if she trained with the new kid to the squad.

When she happened upon the young man, she was surprised that he was practicing archery. After a few minutes of just watching him, she left the quiet of the forest to join him, "Lift your elbow on your shooting arm so that it's parallel to the ground. It's easier to make a shot when the bowstring isn't being strained." She suggested with her hands in her pockets.

"So. Training with taijutsu, hm? Tell me. Did you bring those bracers that you bought the other day?" She asked him before she cracked her knuckles.

As he was taking his shots he heard Korina offer up a suggestion, which made him peek at her from the corner of his eye. He would then follow said suggestion and fire a few more arrows off before stopping and facing her. "So it is, thank you." Kazumo said before listening to her and placing his bow on the ground he would roll down his sleeves and show the bracers. "Yes, yet they are more for silent killing, or getting a weapon out in a flash. I mean I can maybe block punches with them, yet I don't see how they will be helpful with Taijutsu training unless Im going to kill someone." Kazumo stated before rolling his sleeves back up.

"Also thank you for agreeing to this, I know you probably don't have a great mindset about me. Yet none the less I still appreciate you agreeing to train me for the upcoming contest." Kazumo said thanking Korina, while also having some thoughts that she was probably going to take advantage of beating him up a bit.

Korina waited for the young man to care for his bow while she took off her jacket. Her tattoos seemed to shimmer as her muscles bunched and jumped as she hung the heavy jacket securely on a low hanging branch. Her kote were strapped and fastened securely to her forearms and glimmered a foreboding deep purple/black color in the sunlight. She chuckled and turned to face the young man, torso bare except for her breast bindings and a skin tight mesh, shirt.

"Don't thank me yet. If you don't leave here without a black eye or a bloody nose, I've taught you nothing. There would have been nothing for you to learn." She said before she walked over to him. She held out her hands so he could study her kote. "Don't touch. But look...I want you to practice and learn with your bracers on at all times. You must learn how to punch and block without deploying the blades by accident." She showed him what she meant by twitching her middle fingers. The straight blade and hooked blade in her right and left kote (respectively) deployed almost immediately. Then pushed chakra into her hands to the point that the blade became infused with lightning.

Then, the blade retracted without her moving her fingers and inch. "You need to have full control over your bracers and their blades. Otherwise, a friendly spar can become deadly, and an enemy encounter can prove fatal if you deploy accidentally or not at all, respectively."

Picking up his bow and going over to place it gently against the tree along with his quiver. He would start to take off his own jacket slumping it on the ground where he had a simple black shirt under neath. Yet looking back at Korina he stopped and just looked at her before chuckling a bit. "Maybe this is how that rumor got spread around, huh Korina?" Kazumo said smiling to insinuate that he was merely joking in case she took offense to it. He would then listen to her state that if he wasn't bruised or bleeding he learned nothing which he nodded in agreement too. "I agree, some lessons need to hurt to fully understand them. Well combat lessons anyway."

As she would walk over to him and extend out her hand, he thought she wanted to shake hands before training yet she was showing off her kotes functions. She already gave him a lesson to start learning how to use them without deploying them by accident. She gave good point, although if it was a simple spar he could always take them off. Yet he would extend his own hand out and flex his palm to which the simple straight blade popped out. He would twitch his hand to get it to retract a few more times before succeeding."Understood, I will practice this in my free times. Or is this my first lesson to master it now?" Kazumo asked staring at her folding his arms as he awaited her reply.

Korina smirked at the young man when he teased her about the rumors, "It's not my fault certain people can't understand and appreciate the human body. It is a wonderful thing, mine is just better than most." She said in a jokingly cocky manner.

"No, this is lesson number one. When you can deploy, swing, and retract on my count or demand, that is when we will begin combat training. You're never going to take these off when you are fighting an enemy. So, you need to get used to their weight and applications. These aren't just weapons, after all." She told him with a guarded but serious smile.

Kazumo couldn't help but smirk at her comment and would shrug. "I know what you mean, its a mystery as to why anyone would go and hate on people with bodies like ours. They must simply be jealous." Kazumo would joke along before being told that this is indeed lesson number one. This also made him think this Taijutsu training was going to be slightly more violent than he intended it to be, but oh well. She had good reasons though he had to admit. "Are you going to say they are a part of your body?" Kazumo asked before flexing his hands again to send the blades out and would twitch his hand a few times to retract them, and would repeat the process over and over again. This was much harder than he thought though, thank god he didn't shake Korina's hand, that would be one memorable handshake.

"Not a part of my body. My body is my body and my kote are my kote. They would be considered my kraal. Or, lover I suppose would be the best word. I care for them, and I love them. Without them, I wouldn't eat, or make my home, furs, leathers, or even fight." She watched him intently. "What they are to me as a Kusanagi, air is to you." She rubbed her hand guard.

Kazumo would give her an odd look as he would stare at the Kotes. "Well thats one odd love you have going on, oh well I don't judge." Kazumo said although he understood what she meant. If you cared for them, they would never let you down. Although he had couldn't resist making this one joke. "So if they broke, does that mean you would have broken up?" Kazumo said chuckling to himself as he would nod at the meaning she gave them. "I can relate, us Sarutobi care just as much to our equipment. We rely on it when we can't rely on ourselves, well thats what my father taught me to believe." Kazumo said still sending out the blade and retracting it as he spoke.

"This actually brings me to something, back when we first meet you seemed to disagree with my use of poison when hunting. You didn't say it but your facial expressions did. Do you have something against Poison? If you worry about the animals suffering, I can tell you that the poison I use only numbs the body so moving is impossible. They feel no pain." Kazumo said as he smiled at his next attempt at retracting the blades in only two twitches.

Korina watched him silently for a while before she responded, "No...should my kote break, it meant that I failed them in some way. And I must forge new ones on my own before I am allowed to call myself "Kiyohime" again." She replied and shoved her hands into her shorts pockets.

She looked over to the forest and thought to herself with an intense stare in her eye. Korina didn't look back as she spoke, "We, the Kusanagi, have lived in many terrains. Plains, mountains, forests and near the sea and lakes. Some have settled and made farms or stationary ranches, while others continue to live the true nomadic life here in the Empire. In the village, the Kusanagi Compound is little more than a camp and bazaar surrounded by the Empirical demanded wall to section of the land we were given. We still hunt and trade for our food." She paused. "Poison, should never be used in hunting for food or pelts. To us, it demeans the life of the animal. We are admitting that the animal was too strong, too swift, or too smart to be killed in a fair manner. Now, against an enemy, poison is fine. Whether to numb or kill, because it is another human you are facing. But animals? Prey? No. Besides...poison overdose has killed in the camp before. An idiotic clan-joined used a poison on a boar and told no one as he prepared it. Over fifteen people were killed when they ate the meat," She growled. "This was before my half of the Kusanagi joined the Empire, so he was skinned alive then killed for murder."

"Damn, you lose your name for your kotes breaking? Well each clan does have that over the top rule that we must follow." Kazumo said, although he didn't see why a tool breaking should result in your name being taken until you make a new one. All weapons eventually break, they aren't invincible. Well clans would be odd like that. Hell if his found out he was joining the contest, would they have words to say to him. As he continued his lesson he would nod along to show he was listening to her summary on her clans way of life. Then came the Poison, this made Kazumo halt his progress as he listened to her.

Of course this was going to be based on each of their own personal views so they would never fully agree on what should be done. "Couldn't the same be said for humans though? Poison is there so you get an advantage over something you normally wouldn't have an advantage over. Say if I were to fight a Chuunin in this upcoming tournament. They have more experience than I, what separates us though? A few different skills and for me, my poison. With it I can easily turn a battle where I would lose in about ten minutes, to a battle I will win in three. I can understand bad experiences with it though, yet I'm smart enough to clean the animal before consumption. That and all I need is a drop for mine to work, its not enough of an overdose to kill anyone unless they chugged the bottle of it. Going back a bit to animals being prey, yes some are and I don't use it all the time mind you only in a few occurrences. yet sometime the animals will hunt you like bears or wolves. I'd rather use Poison to guarantee my survival than duke it out with them. Besides when you are your own source of food, you aren't going to want to risk playing it fair with the animals. I can understand your points, I can only hope you understand my own." Kazumo said before resuming his drawing and retracting. He was improving little by little with it, sometimes he got lucky to retract it on one shot.

"I understand your reason, though I don't agree. For now, release the blade more reliably and then we will go from there. It will take more practice, but once you get the feel of it, it won't be so difficult." She remarked.

"And we shall leave it at that." Kazumo said focusing on retracting the blades with one movement, after a few more attempts he started to send it out and retract it in one go in a row. he would do it a few more times before stopping and looking at Korina. "Is that good enough, or should I keep going?" Kazumo asked her feeling he got the gist of it, that and he could always continue practicing it later on at home. Yet he was curious as to why she would make him practice this now. Did she intend to fight with their blades? He understood so he didn't stab any allies by mistake, yet he could always remove the bracers and practice at home.

"You'll be fine now. But I want you to wear your bracers all of the time. Even when you sleep, but not when you bathe...duh." she joked lightly. "But seriously, wear them all of the time. If these are your weapons of voice, you will be wearing them during missions. You must be used to doing everything with them, since one never knows when or if an ambush will occur." She rubbed her knuckles on her right hand.

"But, I think you and I can spar now without you attempting to stab me." She pointed at him with her palm facing up, then curled her fore finger and middle finger at him in a "come here" motion with a cocky grin. "Come at me. We'we half an hour in and you don't have a bloodied lip yet."

Korina and Kazumo
Part II: Teasing, Training, and Pain!
He chuckled as well, although he didn't find it to be that funny yet he knew she was joking around and that was good and all. Wearing them while asleep made a lot of sense though, if you are being attacked in the middle of the night then you already have your weapon on you. Although those kotes must have saved her life at some point, because with the way she was sounding he was almost starting to believe the whole kotes being her lover bit she mentioned earlier. He didn't doubt their use yet it did seem like she was maybe promoting their use too much.

Yet she cleared him for now and then did the whole come at me motion which actually did make Kazumo chuckle for real this time, as she followed it up with a taunt. "Well that can be fixed soon enough." Kazumo said before planting his hands on the ground and spinning his legs around to sweep her legs from out under her.

Korina chuckled a little bit and set her feet with her base firm and metal shin guard facing outwards. When her shin met Kazumo's legs, she shifted and dropped forward as if she was going to fall on her face. She moved her arms under her, braced her body weight on her hands to swing her free foot straight for Kazumo's head.

His eye twitched a bit as soon his his leg came into contact with hers. He certainly didn't kick flesh, and he was certain he hurt himself more than her. He pushed back a bit when she started falling and seeing her move and then swing her foot at his head made him bring up his bracers to absorb most of the damage. The kick was much stronger than he would think though as it pushed him back slightly and caused a throbbing sensation in his forearms. So she had protection around the shin of her legs. So he would need a good attack to catch her off guard there. Standing a couple of feet away from her, he would do a simple charge but slide at the last few moments and aim a kick towards her stomach.

She planted her foot once her kick missed and moved into a crouch, her bottom half squatted while both of her hands were on the ground between her feet. When he charged, Korina did a quick half back handstand to gain some space. When she felt her shoulders touch the ground and the palm of her hands were brace, she bunched her core and legs then sprung forward, after pushing off. The young man went sliding below her as she landed on her feet and rolled onto her shoulders then back into the same crouch.

"Don't do that, Kazumo. You are telegraphing your intent and charging without much forethought. The slide was a good idea, but when facing a taijutsu user, not the best idea. Not when your opponent understands their own body and how they can manipulate it. Look at my stance right now. I am compact, low to the ground, with plenty of energy and strength in my legs. I am ready to dodge and counter. Basically, I am ready to react." She explained the stance to him. "With me like this, charging is not a good idea. But, this is a stance that can easily tire me out if I am not careful." She told him.

Well he slid under her and he watched as she jumped up and away from him, allowing him to take a normal stance again as she would go on to lecture him. He was telegraphing his intent? The charging was true though, she complimented the sliding idea but when facing a Taijutsu user its not very great. So sliding is bad against them is something he would remember. Her stance apparently made it easier to dodge and counter so charging wasn't wise, yet it could easily tire her out if she wasn't prepared. He felt like that was a mixed message of sorts charging wasn't wise, yet if he kept her busy it could succeed in tiring her out. Yet if charging wasn't wise then how was he suppose to get attacks off? It would be weird to walk towards someone and try to hit them. Well he might as well let her demonstrate then since he was just confused now.

So preparing himself he just stood there and waited for her to attack this time. His muscles in his legs were ready to bolt out of the way should she come in to attack. Yet he should give her a sign to attack, so with a cocky smile he raised his palm with index and middle finger extended and motioned for her to come at him.

She raised an eyebrow at the motion then stood up fully. Well, it seemed as though it was her turn to attack. She looked his stance over for a time, trying to gauge where his balance was centered and to see which side of his body he favored.

When she figured that she had a decent idea of his stance, she decided to show him what she meant about charging without forethought. She ran right at him, much like he did earlier, but rather than let her momentum control her, she controlled it and stopped on a dime to fire off four rapid punches: right jab aimed at the lower ribs of the right side, a left straight aimed at his left cheek, then she bobbed to try and get into his personal space for a quick right hand combo to the gut then chest while her left hand remained up to protect her face and torso.

As she began her attack he kept her eyes on her rush which so far looked exactly like what he did. Yet then he understood what she was meaning. She meant not literally rushing into it. Momentum was good and all but it could be used against you as well. So when she launched her right hook he used his own right to swat it away but got jabbed in the face causing him to stumble a bit. This allowed her to get within his personal space and deliver the blows to his gut which left him gasping for air.

Gazing at her he saw her protecting her face and torso but not her back, so with his legs already ready to move he moved his left leg over to cross his right and would proceed to spin himself on his left leg. Lifting his right leg up and as he spun around he lifted his right leg upwards more aiming his kick at the center of her back.

orina watched the young man with eyes like a hawk. She shifted her feet to maintain their closeness, then pivoted to keep their fronts facing each other. With a set base, she moved with the spinning kick so that the leg was fully extended before it hit her side.

Then she clamped her arm over the leg in an attempt to trap it. "Congrats. If this was a real fight, you'd have had a broken leg." She told the genin. "The back is one of the easiest to defend when your opponent is thus close. Barring a clone or some type of combat trick, their back is fine as long as they are facing you." She backed away to stare him down.

"Your concern shouldn't be the back unless it is facing you. You should be worrying less about spin kicks, and work on your striking. Kicks are powerful, but easily telegraphed. Not many people can see a sucker punch to the face coming. I'd suggest that you work on your hand strikes...you'll need to do so anyway to get used to stabbing with your bracers blades." She told him. "Try again. This time, practice threat assessment. Look at me and my equipment, then decide how to go about laying your fist into my ribs or my face." She pointed at the two areas, "Can't fight if I can't breathe right. And I can't fight if I'm too dazed."

Okay less time spinning, more time kicking. He noted when she caught his leg and lectured that his leg would be broken if this was a real fight. He guessed he thought of fighting like an assassin would and for some reason prioritized striking the back. Letting his leg go and backing off a bit, he would listen to her words of using his punches more since he would need to get use to them anyway and that sucker punches were kind of unpredictable. He thought of something funny and chuckled to himself but kept his attention on her as she told him to do a threat assessment.

Given the chance he would do so, so far he knew about the obvious defenses and the not so obvious shin guard. Really fighting a chuunin with more experience than him would be hard to lay a hit on, but it wasn't impossible. Nodding he would rush at her yet stop in his track this time once he was close to her, and seemingly aim a right hook to the left side of her rib cage. yet at the last second would stop and raise his fist towards the left side of her face instead and would also throw a left jab at her torso to hopefully keep the surprises going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Korina and Kazumo
Part III: A Lesson in Kusanagi Training and Respect
Korina sighed a little bit as she let him go. The chuunin rubbed her knuckles with her thumb as she watched the young man do his thing. Before he charged, she took up a solid stance, feet shoulder width apart, hands up to protect her face and torso, and knees bent for quick movements.

She was mildly surprised when the young man pulled up shortly before tackling her, to throw a punch. She'd decided to try and absorb it and thus hadn't moved back. When it proved to be a feint, she kept her hands where they were, for she expected a shot from the other side. When that proved to be a feint as well, she was thankful for the stance she was in.

His fist would be greeted not by her face, but by the metal kote when he aimed for her face. Keeping on the defensive, his fist would have met solid metal and muscle again due to the stance, rather than the ribs. "Lesson 3. Look for weaknesses in your opponent's defense. You've seen this stance once already. Going for an outside punch is not the best idea against this. Hit hard inside, aim for the nose, not the cheek. The sternum and inner rib connections, not the cage. Try again."

Ouch was his first thought at punching metal, and damn it not again was his second at punching metal plus her own naturals muscles defense. This woman really liked her defense. Kazumo would shake his hands in an attempt to soothe the pain from punching metal twice and would listen to her next lesson. he kind of saw it coming but god damn punching was for some reason more confusing to do than genjutsu's for some reason. He would grumble to himself a bit before taking a deep breath and releasing.

He would start with something that would probably annoy her and that was raising his leg for a kick, yet before it met he slammed the foot to the ground and used it to pull himself and his arced left fist forward, aiming the punch at what she told him to try hitting and that would be her sternum.

Korina backed up quickly when she saw the foot coming, but was caught off guard by the surprise fist--ok, not really because he'd been feinting all day but...she didn't want to bruise his ego any more, alright?--so much so that her left arm quickly covered her chest, fist near the shoulder as if to say "Not the Boobs!"

When all was said and done, Korina still stood there, and Kazumo's arm was still outstretched. But the flat of a massive blade stood between her chest and his fist, "Lesson number 4: Utilize all of your tactics. Even playing dirty." Korina smirked, even as she held the closed blade in a reverse grip so that the sword was flush against her arm, bracing and stabilizing it while the tip of it was embedded in the ground.

His face flushed a bit at her gesture but he kept the punch going and would apologize afterwards. Despite her clearly not acting like one, she was still a female. Yet he would become flabbergasted when he felt himself hitting metal again. Either she had the worlds sturdiest breasts or something wasn't matching up. Turns out he was punching a giant blade which made him stare at it before giving Korina a look that showed his annoyance. She would give him a lesson again which only made a vein pop on his forehead. He wanted to so ever much genjutsu the hell out of her for that. Yet he was more curious as to WHERE THE FUCK THE SWORD CAME FROM.

He would drop all combat intention and now circle around her looking at every angle. "How.... how... HOW?!?!" Kazumo shouted as he looked at her shoulder and examined the tattoo. "Your hand was last here, so where on earth did you pull a sword out of? Your flesh?! ...... You did, didn't you?" Kazumo asked looking slightly bitter at her.

Korina couldn't help it, she laughed. She laughed at the look on his face then at the vein that popped out. She was having way too much fun messing with the genin. Once her chuckles subsided, she smiled at him, then pulled Pestilence from the ground to offer the heavy blade to the kid with an easy smile.

"Yep." She watched him as he circled her and tried to figure out where she got the sword from. "I am fairly good at Fuuinjutsu and Summonings. The tattoo you are staring at has a summoning seal hidden within its meaning. That is where I keep my extra armaments. The tattoo on my left hand, near the wrist, holds another summoning seal, among other things. That acts as my quiver since that is where I store my arrows." She told him. "Your talents lie in genjutsu, mine lie in this. However, the lesson remains the same."

He would grip the blades hilt and then proceed to grab it with both hands and grumble some more as he did all he could to lift it. 'You know thinking about it. My father said this is what friendship felt like.... I think i hate friendship right now.' Kazumo thought to himself as she explained where she got it from and how she did it. He would wait until she was done before giving the sword back. "So before we continue, and oh god do I want to continue. Any more lessons you wanna fill me in on? You know before I start screaming internally?" Kazumo asked knowing full well she was enjoying the shit out of tricking him multiple times so far.

Korina chuckled again and took the blade back. She slung it over her shoulder easily, then motioned towards the clearing. There, a small training area had been built up with a few bales of hay, a few sacks, and some wood. "I'm done messing with you. Now, we will actually train your taijutsu. I had the honor of distracting you until my clones and little helpers finished." She hummed then released the sword to walk over to the small area.

It wasn't much, just a striking training dummy, a modified punching bag, a little wire course to practice footwork, and a modified strength bar for horizontal pullups, situps, and pushups. "This was a test for an idea Amaiya had the other night about supply lines. Most of the stuff you see here was built then put into summoning scrolls. Then summoned and set here. Pretty efficient, I must say." She set her foot on the bar then pushed down. When it didn't budge, she grinned.

"Ok. Now, it is time for you to learn the basics. Step up to the hay bag, and pretend that it is me, right now. Just punch the crap out of it." She smirked at him.

He just stared at her blankly as she admitted to pretty much have been messing around teasing him. His gaze would shift over to the small area where several training exercises now rested. Was it too late to excuse himself from the tournament? Quietly he would follow her over to the area and examined the different exercises that he would have to most likely do. It seemed like a normal training course for Taijutsu but he had his suspicions with anything that involved her now. Yet according to her, someone called Amaiya came up with. So maybe there was some hope that this wouldn't be sadistic.

Somehow hearing her talk about learning the basics didn't make him very giddy. He was still very much suspicious of her, so when told to pretend the Hay bag was her and to beat the crap out of it he just glared at her. "I'm going to punch metal again, aren't I?" Kazumo asked but decided to take a risk as he walked up to the bag and sent a simple straight jab at first. Just in case this was metal.

"No, it's not metal. Promise." Korina laughed at his suspicion, but nodded in pride. It was good that he was learning, so maybe that suspicion would carry over into an actual battle. She watched the young man as he jabbed at the hay bag.

It was, indeed, hay.

Well holy crap it was hay. So he just had to punch it? That seemed really basic and slightly weird but if she was seriously going to start with his lessons then sure why not he'd beat the crap out of the hay for a bit. Being a little less tense now he continued to jab at it with both of his fists, throwing in some hooks and doing little jabbing and hooking combos. He felt she was going to tell him he was doing something wrong. It couldn't be so simple as punching a hay bag over and over again.

She kept a watchful eye on him, and adjusted his punching form slightly, "You want to break their nose, not your knuckles." She told him in a patient tone. Her teasing manner was no longer there, as she focused solely on helping the genin as he'd originally asked her to. Then she went to the hay sack and held to offer a little more resistance and solid contact for Kazumo's punches. "There ya go. Don't be afraid to really hit it. Get used to the feeling of striking with different levels of power. Hit harder sometimes, other times hit softer. Get to know your strength and your body."

Hearing her offering advice he was slightly confused on the matter. Wouldn't hitting harder lead him to being more prone to breaking his knuckles? Sure he would also more likely break their nose but think the same goes for his own body. Well he would simply shrug and nod to her statements and when she held it for him, he gave his punches a little more oomph to their hits. Hitting it hard sometimes then giving it a few soft jabs like she said to do. He would mix some soft strike and hard hits into his combos.

"Very good. Keep doing that. Keep punching to warm up, then punch as hard as you can." She told him. "That is...unless you know how hard you can punch before you break a knuckle of two. That's rather important to know...nothing worse than screwing up your hand in the middle of a battle because you went past your punch limit...trust me." She said in a serious tone.

She was surprised at his willingness to train as she directed him. She'd been expecting complaining and whining as she'd come to figure was the norm for new genin here. It was refreshing to see that wasn't the case with the kid in front of her. "Granted...you'll never be as physically stronger than me, so give it some good hits. It won't matter to me."

OK, she couldn't help but put that little tease in there.

Kazumo would continue the whole punching process as she spoke to him, he couldn't help but chuckle nervously at her tips. In truth, he considered the whole taijutsu thing something he should only do in emergencies since his whole arsenal relied on being sneaky and weaponry. Then again Taijutsu would also be more handy in such cases he wasn't allowed to kill his targets and simply had to subdue them.

Of course however this wouldn't be complete without her throwing a little tease in which made him sigh to himself, this woman was really testing him to see if he actually would just snap. "Well you know what!" Kazumo started but then paused as he tried to think of some form of comeback he could make. "..... Well fuck you!" There it was it brilliant comeback, in his defense though he was more suited to mind fucking someone than coming up with a well timed comeback. So in the presence of his defeat he went back to punching the Hay bag, although he did start punching it a bit harder.

Korina laughed again at how easy he was to rile up, "Right. Because Koike would totally approve of that course of action. Question: Would he come after you for suggesting it or me for not punching you in the face for such a lame comeback?" She asked him rhetorically.

When she was satisfied with how he gauged his power she stepped aside and headed for a grassy area. "C'mere. This training area is free for you or anyone else from our team to use while I am gone. For now, we relax. We meditate on what we'be done and learned, then you are free to either leave or continue." She said to him with a gentle smile.

She sat in the grass, legs crossed and one hand on her knee. She pat the grass right across from her then closed her eyes to meditate. As she did so, however, her tattoo on her left hand began to glow a bright orange and the scent of pine and ozone began to emanate from her.

Kazumo glared at her as his face flustered. "I didn't mean that kind of fucking! Oh dear god, may you have mercy on this Koike's soul. Yet good on you for finding someone who can love that...... amazing personality of yours." Kazumo said as she then told him to follow and this training area was free for the team to use at their leisure. Yet for now they would meditate on what they did and learned. "I don't think I should meditate on you being an ass." Kazumo said smiling before sitting in the grass and crossed his own legs. Looking at her her tattoo on her hand started glowing which brought forth a pleasant smell. He would simply shrug, as he closed his eyes and though on it granted most of it was her trolling the crap out of him and tricking him and really harassing him much like an older sibling would do.

Korina just smirked viciously at him, "Ooh, catty. That's the closest thing to damage that you've done all day." She told him.

She meditated quietly after her retort then, "I'll mess with you, and I'll more than likely make fun of you for the rest of your life. But...you're on my team now. A team that I find myself inexplicably liking. Which means, that I'll be watching your back. You have my support, Kazumo...and you're working your way to my respect. Dunno if that means a lot to you, but I only truly respect two people outside of the Kusanagi: Our empress and our team leader." she looked at Kazumo and stood up then cracked her knuckles before she walked by Kazumo.

She ruffled his hair playfully and the grinned., "Stay as long as you like. I've got some clan business that I need to attend to. Just let me know if you ever wanna train together. I'm not the best teacher, but I make one great sparring partner."

Opening his mouth to say something as a comeback, yet he decided to keep it shut as last time... it failed. So of course he frowned a bit at hearing she would make fun of him for the rest of his life. This only prompted the use of genjutsu in his mind but kept it at bay, it was needed for emergencies after all. Yet she went and said something rather sweet. He could somewhat agree on liking the team, he did like their sensei and she herself wasn't horrible. Hiraku and the Tsuki guy however he didn't have a very big approval of. Tsuki was an obvious since he never meet him but Hiraku seemed to much like a typical Hyuuga despite denouncing them.

Still it made him smile hearing he was working his way to being respected by her. He looked up at her a little oddly as she ruffled his hair, however hearing the people she did respect made him grin. "Oh and you don't respect your boyfriend Koike? Shit he really must love you to be okay with that." Kazumo said standing up and jumping backwards to avoid any hit that comment may have brought forth. "Well thank you very much, I'll keep what you said in mind. Next time though, I'll be playing dirty too, but not that dirty. You get that one out of your head." Kazumo said laughing more so than hes ever done before in his life and took off, snatching his bow and quiver as he darted past the tree and out of sight.

"I can't respect him...Not until he respects himself..."

Wedding Time!
Meisa, Mayumi and Sakamoto

A Collab between Les and Nim

Sitting at the second row, Sakamoto watched with a calm tone at the ongoing ceremony. He had Mayumi on his lap, and hugged her with his arm. Hearing Shozo Uchiha speak his support of the wedding didn't come as a surprise, it was arranged by him after all. He glanced at the two standing and tried to figure out if Hisoka was doing well or not. He suddenly felt a bit of movement and noticed Mayumi was trying to grab the hair of the woman in front of her. He moved his hand and softly grabbed her small hands and brought them down along with placing his chin on her head. She puffed and he smiled, before glancing at Meisa.

"Shozo certainly did everything he could to make this impressive, huh?" He whispered to her.

"Mhm, typical."

The answer that was whispered back perfectly hide her irritation, frustration and anger. The eyes of Meisa were half closed as she seemed to be quite happy. A friendly smile gracing her features as her hands were placed on her lap. Her legs crossed, the woman had been staring at the event with the 'mask' the whole time. In reality, she was looking with what one could define as how a lioness would glare at a buffalo. But one out of reach of her claws and fangs. Glancing sideways at Mayumi, Meisa whispered something again. "Make sure she doesn't do something. I rather avoid a lecture or some Uchiha," her eyes moved back to the aisle, but more specifcally and subtly towards Shozo, "going to lecture us."

"I share the feeling. And don't worry, she will only be busy with biting my hand until the ceremony is done." He whispered to Meisa as he felt Mayumi nibbling on his arm, trying to escape the grasp of her father. Sakamoto had no idea what plan the infant had, but he wasn't going to let her excecute it. He glanced slightly sideways and saw the back of Gakuro's head, who due to his Senju clan leader status got a front row seat to the event. He felt a bit sorry for his cousin for needing to deal with Shozo from time to time, but he knew that he was a strong man who could handle any kind of irritation.

She only scoffed lightly, avoiding to pull attention towards her. The ceremony continued and with each passing second, Meisa felt more and more tempted to halt it. But she wouldn't. It would be a deed that would plummet not only her into a chunk load of trouble, but also others. Remaining calm and keeping the friendly mask up, Meisa glanced briefly at the hall. It was nice, for an Uchiha perhaps...

As the nibbling on his arm continued, Sakamoto glanced at Meisa for a bit longer. Another fake smile in the list of many. He knew well enough that it would be futile to ask why the smile is fake, as she always avoided giving a straight answer, but that was in her nature, after all. Decieveful, yet somewhat charming nature. Turning his gaze to the aisle once more, he moved his head slightly so that he could kiss his daughter's head, who in turn let out another huff and puff of irritation. At least one of the two women he was with were showing how she felt.

Reactions: Aliceee
[fieldbox=The Pup that howled, crimson]

Zakito Hon, Aiko Cho-Hon, Kei and Akimoto Hon,
The Uchiha Wedding.

A collab done between Les and Gerontis,

Summary :
Being invited to the wedding, the clanleaders of the Cho and Hon clan are at the event present. With deciding to take their children with them, the two however are presented with a 'small' problem during the whole event. Wolves after all are pack-animals, no?~

The ceremony was one that Aiko quite liked. It was organized, looked splendid and sitting on the front rows, she had quite the view on the main event. Holding Kei on her lap, the woman had no trouble to keep the girl still and under control. She was too occupied to glance around, holding her stuffed panther to her chest, silently taking the whole scene. Both were dressed in dresses that were a match with each other. Each of them wearing a light colored - Aiko more beige-white and Kei light-blue- with a pattern of butterfly symbols around the waist.

Zakito had a bit more trouble. On the lap of the jounin commander, military adviser to the Empress and Hon clan leader sat somebody who wasn't at all pleased. The irritation of the boy would be quite noticable as he didn't even hide the frown and crossed arms. Moving his weight, Akimoto often threw a look at his twin-sister. "Why does she have her panther?" The boy whispered as he pouted.

"Aki, shush! I told you before, Daisuke can't come! Now shush!" Aiko whispered as she would glance towards Zakito. Engaging her husband in a brief non-verbal talk on that he should try to keep Akimoto silent, the woman would let out a soft sigh and return her gaze back on the ceremony as the priester continued. Kei glanced at Aki, with a blank look. One that would slowly reveal a smirk as she slowly raised her stuffed animal.

"Dad! Dad! Dad!" The boy turned half around as he kept his volume low. Zakito sighed as he glanced down. "Aki, please." The man tried, trying to keep the boy from making a scene. "But dad--" "Aki, stop now. It is important to stay quiet now." The man's tone was harsher as he frowned at the boy. Akimoto opened his mouth, but he would close his lips on each other again. This was so unfair! Why was Daisuke not allowed to come with him? He was a direwolf pup. His best friend! Why was Kei allowed to bring her panther with her? It was stupid! Not just because it was of hers, but it was just stupid! Not as cool as his pup, no! Pouting, the boy's lower lip started to tremble.

"I do."

Shozo said. Aiko found that he did it a bit too soon. As a too 'enthusiastic' puppy that was about to get his treat. Though she was a bit wondering if Shozo was being more happy than anybody else around, who could blame him though? His son was getting married after all. That was a normal reason to be quite happy. Kei glanced at Akimoto again. The smirk turned into a bigger sly grin.

"- let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

A pregnant silence fell during which the hall waited, during which Hisoka waited, during which Harumi waited for someone to put a halt to this.

And a silence that was momentarily broken as somebody started to cry. "I want Daisuke." The child sobbed. Somewhere outside as the silence was returned, a soft howling could be heard. Getting up, Zakito mumbled a lot of apologies as he would scurry outside with the crying son.

Aiko kept a blank look as she would kept her eyes straight on the aisle. Kei briefly looked with widened eyes as she glanced up to her mother. The woman briefly glanced as she would let Kei hop off her lap. With that, the small girl would hobble after her tall father, while Aiko just stared. "Oh well. I think the cake will be nice."

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Suguha Uchiha, purple, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]Suguha looked at the two near her as they started out on their mission. The girl nodded respectfully to Rini, taking time to add in a greeting. "Hi Rini, Its been a while. How have you been?" Then turned towards the other man alongside them, the new team member obviously. He certainly did seem older than either Rini or herself, so she didn't bother answering his question as the answer seemed obvious enough to her. "I'm Suguha Uchiha, pleased to meet you" She offered up politely then turned away, focusing on her Sensei. The girl honestly did hope he would answer Rini's question sooner rather than later, she wanted to know what the mission was, and what was expected of her.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kensuke Nimatsu - Konohagakure Team 7 Jounin, green"]
The Uchiha Wedding

He wasted a moment's thoughts on his genin team, by now probably tilling the fields of some poor farmers in Yamazoe. It made him smile, despite the situation and the moment. His shadow clone was pretending not to help them. The thought of being there in person, cleaning stables and doing all kinds of farming work, still amused him. He was a hereditary clanhead. A member of the nobility of the land. He literally had roughly a thousand, maybe two thousand peasants working on his behalf. And there he could've been, tilling some nobody's fields in the name of Konoha.

Thinking of Konoha drew him back to the wedding at hand. He moved a little bit to sit more comfortably in the traditional yukata. His own was nearly identical to the ex-Hokage's, although on his back it was the Nimatsu clan mon that was sown into the soft fabric, and his was a dark hue of green instead of navy blue like the groom's.

He flinched as he thought of the groom. As he did so often at public events nowadays, he has carefully eyed the couple about to be wed with his igurai, the Nimatsu's dojutsu, and he had carfully read into their body language. As if he was an oracle he saw his anticipations verified. Hisoka's posture has some sort of a resigned sadness, where that of Harumi was downright anger and bitterness. It was crystal clear to the young man that neither party was eager to be wed. Shozo on the other hand was strutting around like a peacock. Proud to show the Uchiha's power and wealth to its peers, he seemed to boast with his own son's marriage. Yet still, under that layer of pride, Kensuke saw something he could not quite place. Was it exhaustion? Shaking his head, his thoughts returned to Hisoka.

The last time he had observed his old Hokage like this it had been at the ball of Kiyomi's ascension, where his engagement with Harumi had also been announced. Despite that, what Kensuke remembered the brightest of that day was seeing Hisoka dance with Meisa. He knew what he had seen, and yet he couldn't figure out how that could've been possible. He wasn't someone that was quick to come up with conspiracy theories, but he knew what his eyes had told him that day. Tender, gentle affection. With a bitter taste in his mouth he remembered the thing he remembered second best of that day; dancing with Kaori. Clenching his fists he swallowed away the sudden sharp lance of pain and regret, and with it the tears that threatened to break his appearance of punctuality and careful attention.

When he finally succeeded in regaining control over his thoughts, he heard how the priest asked if there were any present who would bring any arguments against the marriage. His mind spoke before he realized, and in an instant he knew that he was right, but not why. Meisa was the only one present with a reason to protest. He glanced over the crowd, and found her easily. The woman looked at the unfolding events with the same careful pose of attention and indifference as he was. She was good at this, very good, but yet, under that hard armour, he saw something that made him rethink his opinion about her. She too was a plaything at the hands of the state, as much as he had been in the past. Blaming her for it was right, but this ... information gave him a new perspective on things, one that made him uncertain of many other things.

Leaning back he felt the need to release the tension he'd built up in his head with a witty remark. He resisted the urge to lean to the left and whisper something in his neighbour's ear. Kaori wouldn't be there to chuckle softly and poke him in the side for breaking the atmosphere, so there was no sense in that.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Uchiha Wedding, turquoise]
Kiyomi Homura.
Akinian Empress.

She had spent a half hour discussing matters with Katashi. It was obvious that the man was advising her to take a few guards to escort her to the event. It was his job to oversee Kiyomi's protection and health and making sure that the Sworn Swords were capable in doing so. But she had rejected his polite pleas for being more safe than sorry. It was a wedding in Konohagakure and quite some experienced shinobi like Hisoka, Meisa, Aiko and Zakito would be bound to be there. If she could count on some people, she was sure to be safe in their care if she would for some reason not able to defend herself. Katashi was clearly a bit defeated as he wasn't sure how to convince his empress on taking at least a few Sworn Swords with her. In the end the two made a compromise. She would let herself be guided by a few Sworn Swords, next to the disguised members who would keep also an eye on the surrounding of the young royal. But they wouldn't escort her into the hall.

It was meant to be both a sign of trust and respect after all.

A sign of trust that she didn't need a few armored and armed men and women to guard her from any possible threats. And respect as she wouldn't want to bring attention to herself as she was a guest and not a participant in the wedding.

And perhaps it was a slight display of confidence? Who knew?

Sitting on the front row, Kiyomi had her hands on her lap as she would portray a gentle and friendly smile. Her whole stance was thus friendly and she kept herself true to the lessons that Meisa had taught her. Not one signal would be given that she was slight disliking the fact she was potentially bound to be in a place with Shozo. Even though her previous thoughts about the man, there was something that she just couldn't like or approve of him.

Her attention shifted to Hisoka and Harumi. She was happy for Hisoka. Perhaps it wasn't what the man needed, but hopefully he could get some care and reprieve from the sorrows that haunted him. And had briefly haunted her. Well, no. That wasn't true.

She still could remember what he had shown her with his sharingan. The memories of the war and it almost had caused a shift going through the features of Kiyomi. But as was expected of a student of Meisa, Kiyomi would keep her posture the same as she would squeeze her eyes for a moment shut and sneeze softly. Luckily not interrupting anything as the ceremony hadn't started.

Then she noticed a shift of the attention as Harumi would be guided to the aisle. Spotting who was walking her, Kiyomi couldn't help but smile. Old man Yoshiro? Now she had to reconsider if the Uchiha didn't have some good humor. A blind man guiding her to the aisle. It made her wonder what the connection was. Was he family from either Hisoka or Harumi's side? Or perhaps just a very good friend of the families, of one of their parents? The thought made her think of the time that Katsu had told her about his parents. But that sad thought was pushed away as it was going to start.

While she as genuinely interested, Kiyomi slowly sank away into a brief daydream. She was picturing a more simple wedding. And more closed. No clanheads or people who were just important. Nothing to show off, but just a wedding between her and 'him'. And friends and family. They could always throw a big fuss - as she would jokingly nick it - later for the public. An excuse to throw a festival, she smiled as she thought that.

Her smile was briefly replaced with a glance to Shozo as the main proclaimed he supported the marriage. Obvious, the man's son was going to get married. But that was as if he had countless repeated in front of a window as he had said and moved that fast that made Kiyomi wonder if he wasn't a bit 'too' eager. Shrugging that thought off, she would lean more at the back of her chair. As the priest asked if somebody had any objections, Kiyomi would briefly inspect her nails. She had none.

"I want Daisuke."

The sobbing of her 'nephew', Akimoto, made Kiyomi look surprised up at the child. Then she almost burst out in laughter. Able to softly snort back the laughing fit, she found it amazing. Shozo Uchiha, the brother of Daisuke Uchiha. Hisoka Uchiha, the nephew of Daisuke. Then Zakito, who scurried to bring his sobbing child away, followed by Kei, a student of the Second Hokage. If anything, it was in her opinion a funny coincidence and she couldn't blame Akimoto. It wasn't like the wedding was that spectacular interesting, but that was probably because she wasn't too involved. All she was here for was to show how important it was. She knew that and Shozo knew that. She wouldn't else receive an invitation if it was anything different.

Slightly more interested in what would happen, Kiyomi would remain silent. It wouldn't probably take long now. That made her think of something. Perhaps at the reception, she could have the chance to ask some people to join the 'Run'. It would be after all the perfect time and place to do so and she could then do something helpful than just being here to act as Shozo's little parading toy.
[/fieldbox]

Katsu, Bride's Baby Brother
Wedding

The young boy sat among the crowd, watching Harumi walk to the altar. He couldn't exactly put his finger on who was walking her, but didn't afford thought on it. A childish frown had formed on the boy's lips, blankly looking forward. Her words from the day he learned of the arrangement rang in his ears, making it all the more difficult to feign a smile.

Waiting for a few more moments, tensing up, Katsu finally got on his feet with a low posture, and mumbled as he tried to move to the outer side of the seats, mumbling as he passed the attendees. "Sorry... Excuse me..." He quietly made his way towards the door, disappearing in a small corner.

[fieldbox=Taking it easy today, wheat]
Koike Hon,
Konohagakure Specialized Jounin | Team 6 | Guardian's Lieutenant

He walked with his hands down into the pockets of his pants. Dressed in his casual garb, Koike was heading to a compound he usually wasn't interested in. Not in the slightest. He had nothing to do at the Uchiha Compound. Katsu didn't live there and his affairs often involved visiting other places than any clan compound. Excluding the Hon compound, that was a given though.

But today was slight different. There was the festival at the Uchiha's compound and he knew that there would be quite some important people to be found there. But that wasn't also to Koike's interest. He just decided to pay the place a visit. He had studied more than enough in the morning as well signing himself for a course in tactical terminology for tomorrow morning. His squad would remain standby for two more days and then they would probably go on a mission. Whistling softly a cheerful tune, Koike found himself a bit surprised. The past few days his mood had been quite good as everything was going relatively well.

He had sort of offered Akumu to join him, but the black large canine didn't seem to be having any interest in going on a walk to the compound. And perhaps for the better as Koike noticed that there were quite some people. The governor of the Fire province was after all going to marry. If that wasn't enough, the son of the Uchiha clan leader would aspire some interest in the locals. Spotting some police of the corps, Koike doubted that there would be much trouble. It was well organized so far he could see and he hadn't expected anything less.

Entering the compound, he wasn't really feeling that comfortable though. Either it was due to the number of people or because he hadn't a high view of most dojutsu wielding clan. Yet he found the atmosphere quite nice. There were stands that sold food, spreading a sweet aroma, that caused Koike's stomach to rumble softly. The young man weighted the decision to treat himself on some snack. Actually why not? He decided to walk to a rather busy stand as a very good aroma was originating from the stand.

A man, woman and two children - one around the twelve and another around fifteen, though Koike wasn't that able to precisely guess their ages - were working with a wide smile to sell their products to the hungry customers. There were all kind of taiyaki. Filled with cheese, sweet potato's and more. Deciding to just buy one with molten cheese, Koike only had to wait for five minutes. Deciding to tip the family, he got a warm smile, which made Koike nod back as he flashed a smile in return.

Turning around, he would let the warm snack cool down. He decided to just walk a bit around and taste the atmosphere a bit. Taking a bit of the taiyaki filled with the warm molten cheese, he chuckled.

It tasted good so far.​

[/fieldbox]