Niji Yakei
Kumogakure - To the wolf country
Niji is sent off to the Wolf Country as part of the reinforcements and waits on a coast-line for a thing to happen.

It was a stroke of luck that there were still copies of the new Icha Icha book for sale, at least Niji thought so due to it's apparent popularity with the older generation of women that she had seen here and there in Kumogakure. Regardless with her new purchase stowed away securely she headed for home with the intent to read a couple of chapters of it.

Arriving at home she found Gado, her father, stood right by the door with a stern expression on his face as he read something. "Well, further training is going to have to wait, Niji. You've been called upon to join the reinforcements that are heading to the Wolf Country, I packed additional nets for your staff, appropriate clothing and I left them by your bed so go get ready. You're to be there as soon as possible." He instructed in his typical fashion, he'd long since lost sincerity when dealing with her since she'd become a kunoichi, Niji had felt how distant the two were for a long time and it felt even more-so now. She could only imagine that he was doing it in preparation for in case she didn't come back.

All she did was bow her head slightly and retreat to her room, sighing softly once her door was shut and inspecting what had been packed for her. It seemed reasonable enough, although she wasn't sure about the "appropriate clothing" as there was a single change of her typically-worn uniform and then a shockingly formal Furisode Kimono.

Maybe Niji just didn't quite know what a war was like and Gado did, but she was certain that a kimono wouldn't fit in with soldiers and the like... Unfortunately he was going to make sure she took everything he packed so she begrudgingly left it in the pack he'd made and added her Icha Icha collection, just for reading material during the journey across the water to the Wolf Country.

The concept of such large-scale conflict didn't resonate well with the young woman, even if it was her duty to fight for the Cloud, it wasn't a good sensation knowing that she may have to end up killing others for her own survival in the battlefield. Instead of dwelling on it for long she hefted the pack onto her shoulders, secured her katana to her hip and picked up her staff so she could leave immediately.

Gado was still stood by the door as she came back out. "Don't forget to say farewell to your mother." He sharply added just as Niji was about to open the door, to which she nodded and turned to head for her parent's room, her mother, Kaba quietly laying down under some blankets. The woman wasn't very well at the moment due to having caught a flu that wasn't going away, so Niji knelt beside her and spoke softly.
"I will be back soon mother, I have to head to the Wolf Country at the behest of the Raikage, I hope you're well once I'm back." Niji gave a smile and gently kissed her mother's cheek. "Don't be long, Niji, I'll be waiting."

With the affirmation from her mother Niji rose to her feet and left, heading straight out the front door to the house. "I'll be as quick as I can." She didn't even wait for a response from Gado, sliding the door shut behind her.

Niji soon met up with the soldiers set to march out of Kumogakure, was assigned to a part of the convoy and she simply awaited for their departure, a weight in her gut starting to form as the reality of this began to dawn upon her. In bits of small talk she could hear around her, it sounded like this was an attempt to nip the start of a war at the bud and reign in the Wolf Country. It meant that people would have to die and she wouldn't be able to stop that, it was a hideous thing to do, but essential to prevent and even greater outbreak of war.

A voice broke her from her thoughts without warning, briefly startled by the interruption until she saw that it was time to depart and gathered herself together to leave as well.

During the time spent on the seas, Niji found as secluded a place as possible so she could quietly read the newest part of her book collection as it wouldn't be a long trip but it would be long enough to get started on the book at least. The solitude was pleasant for now, the rocking of the ship through the waves helping somewhat.

Of course before long they landed on the coasts of the Wolf Country and everyone was assembled and sent out to prepare to meet with Satoshi Jun's host, there wasn't any sign of a camp having been set up just yet so the convoy would have to quietly await their arrival so they could gather their forces into one encampment.

"Everyone, we're ahead of time so put some effort into not being seen and await Satoshi Jun's arrival, that is all!" Was called out across the group, all the soldiers moving forwards into foliage and hunkering down whilst the one in charge kept on the look-out. Niji followed suit, although it was a lot easier for her to hide, being undetectable was part of being a shinobi.

All they could do now was wait.

[fieldbox='~Rainy Daze~, Purple']
Shikaroku Nara | Konoha Genin | Team 9

Throwing the hood up over his head, casting his face in shadows, Shikaroku stepped out of his house. It wasn't the nicest of days out, that much was certain, but he had made Hiron a promise. And that promise was one that he intended to keep. Stuffing his hands into the pockets of his rain jacket, the Nara made his way towards the training fields.

The foul weather kept the streets mostly clear, something Shikaroku appreciated immensely. The normal crowded hustle of people going about their daily business made it hard for the boy to think. He enjoyed the peace and quiet.

As he walked through the streets, Shikaroku found comfort in the almost rhythmic pelting of the rain. He had a lot of things weighing heavily on his mind, threatening to bring on another migraine. The walk was helping, letting his mind wander without sitting on any one thing for too long.

Passing through the village and into the training fields, Shikaroku approached the two figures already present. Spotting Hiron, Shikaroku bowed his head and spoke politely. "Hello Hiron-sensei." Turning his head slightly, he caught sight of Masami and felt a flush growing on his cheeks. Turning away, he glanced around at the rest of the field. "Hello Masami-sama," he said quietly, keeping his gaze averted, thankful for the hood.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=A drink together, wheat]
Konohagakure, in the Hon Compound at the Snarling Cub

A collab made between Oetje, Sketching, Lesli and Gerontis.

Summary :
In the evening Meilin and Koike meet up with Saki and Katsu as the few make ready to drink and eat together.

- Relatively short collab that is the stepping stone for future bonding -.

[spoili]
With the sky turning darker Koike wondered how long they had been training. Couldn't be a whole day, he wagered as he suspected it was just probably due to the winter season. It was at least starting to freeze. Hearing noise up ahead of people singing and laughing Koike would come to a slow halt. Pulling out a knife, he would speak up. "Time to summon the two persons I spoke about," he told Meilin. Pricking his thumb he would sheath the knife away, following it with weaving a few handsignals. Crouching he would place his hand on the ground where black lines started to sprawl on the ground. As the lines raced over the ground it started to form the formula that was needed for the technique. Rising up Koike would hook his left hand behind his belt.

A poof of smoke would appear as Saki answered the 'summoning'. A curious expression was present on her features as she flashed a smile towards the two in front of her. The pale blue eyes would quickly eye the surrounding. It wasn't really familiar, but she doubted that they were outside the capital. "Hey," she said to Koike but as she turned to Meilin, Saki extended a hand towards the other young woman, "Hello, my name is Saki."

For a moment Meilin wondered how somebody could summon another person. Only summoning technique she was aware off had only shown animals or objects. But upon seeing that it wasn't a joke a surprised expression flowed over her face. Taking the hand to gently shake it Meilin flashed a smile back. "Pleasure to meet you, Meilin." She answered back to the blonde. For a moment she felt a bit out of place, wondering how little she knew about summoning technique if you could truly make a person appear from it.

A few moments later, another cloud of smoke appeared as Katsu appeared. He shook his hand in front of his face to blow it away. "That's always a bit disorienting," he muttered to himself before he glanced around, first looking at Koike, the Saki, and finally at Meilin. "Ah, hi!" the boy said with a smile. "My name's Katsu. Nice to meet you!"

Nodding to the next newcomer, Meilin returned a smile. "Nice to meet you as well, the name is Meilin. Pleasure to meet you." Eyeing the two newcomers Meilin wondered if they were also part of the Chonobi culture. Glancing a sideways look at Koike, the teen nodded towards the tavern nearby. "Shall we go then? First round is on me." Was her both her suggestion as promise. Hearing already a song she was familiar with, Meilin wondered if they were also going to eat together.

Waiting for them to introduce each other Koike heard what Meilin suggested. A chuckle escaped him as he would answer back, afterwards. "Sure. I take it that you both haven't eaten yet?" Koike asked to Saki and Katsu as he would start to walk towards the tavern, the door being open. There were already quite a lot of people inside, sitting in the benches with food and drink in front of them. Near the head of the large hall there were some who were surrounding a table, where eventually laughter originated from. Spotting a free spot, he would simply point at it as he wasn't in favour to raise his voice to make himself audible for the others.

"I know right," Saki said upon hearing Katsu's comment on the smoke. "I wish that we could do it without the smoke. Never was much of making my entrance being 'graced' with that smoke being present," the young woman further 'complained'. Hearing what was said about treating about drinks her gaze briefly went to Katsu. Deciding, however, that this was perhaps the last time that he could enjoy going to a tavern she wouldn't utter a word. "No, I haven't yet. Thought we were going to eat together." She answered, following Koike inside. Inside it was different from what she was used from taverns. Most of what was being said and sung was something she didn't understand, but seeing Koike's pointing at a free spot she would head towards it. Taking a seat the Yamanaka took a moment to eye the inside of the tavern.

"Same here. My stomach has been growling for a while, but I never pass a free meal, Koike," Katsu added, looking at his friend from the side of his eye with a mischievous grin. As he sat down, he took a look around the large room. "This place looks quite festive, doesn't it?"

Staying silent for a moment as she followed the others into the tavern Meilin. Taking a seat next to Saki, Meilin briefly looked around as well. Instead of taking in the appearance and atmosphere she was hoping to catch the attention of somebody who could bring them some drinks and food. Hearing Katsu's comment, Meilin turned her head to look at him - as he sat at the opposite side of the table. "Yeah, never have been such a place before?" She asked, wondering more about his age and origins.

Being the last to take a seat Koike would sit next to Katsu as he shook his head as a smile dawned on his lips. "No, it is his first time," Koike said as he had to raise the volume of his voice a bit to make himself audible over the sound of their surrounding. "Guess he can have one mug. If he can handle ---"
"I wonder what sensei would say if she caught you trying to get me to drink," the boy interjected, sticking his tongue out for a second. The Hon would throw an amused look at Katsu before answering back. "Probably about time? Who knows? Maybe you should ask her later." The young man stated, a grin appearing on his features.

Being used to the two starting to 'squabble' as they usually did Saki placed her elbows on the table and leaned a bit forward. The warmth and scent of food would cause her stomach to rumble, but that was luckily overwhelmed by the people singing, talking and laughing. "What kind of food do they have here, actually?" She asked, wondering only now what kind of dishes the Hon clan provided. It was slightly confusing to try to make sense of what was being said and sung, but that was a concern for later.

The boy grumbled at Koike, crossing his arms. He looked over at Saki and after a moment's thought, spoke up. "I'm guessing mostly meat," Katsu said as he tried to look at the other tables for clues, but couldn't discern what was on the plates.

Listening to the others Meilin found herself amused. Spotting a waiter, she managed to attract his attention by slightly raising her left hand. As he had to approach them Meilin listened to Katsu and Koike's exchange. So they were squadmates?
Hearing Saki's question, Meilin would answer back.
"All kinds of warm dishes. Some cold, if that is your preference. I think I am going for some warm potatoes and sausages."

Rubbing his chin for a second Koike spoke up a moment later. "I think that some warm potatoes with pork will suffice for me." Was his answer, throwing a look around now as well. There had been some worry that somebody would recognise him - as that was happening more often lately. But luckily none of that seemed to occur at the moment, much to his joy. As such his mood even got better as he would nudge Katsu and nod towards up ahead where a girl was serving some patrons. "Think I caught her looking at you twice now."

Meat? Saki heard what Meilin and Koike would pick. Quickly taking a glance at the others at the table Saki wasn't so sure what she should pick. Scratching her neck for a moment the blondine decided to point subtly at what the man that sat next to her was eating. "I think I'll have the same." It at least looked delicious and was probably meat. Catching what Koike said, Saki started to smile, trying to catch sight of the person he meant.

"I'll have some calf, please," Katsu said to the waiter before turning to the young man sitting beside him. He shot a quick glance to where Koike was gesturing. The boy got flustered quickly and nudged Koike with his elbow. "Shut up!" he said childishly. "She was probably staring at you staring at her!"

"Good! I will have warm potatoes and some sausages." Meilin said to the waiter, who took the orders to take his leave afterwards.The teen was just in time to catch up what was going on. Leaning forward as well, she noticed something.
"She has no sash, but is looking a bit young," Meilin stated. Judging from looks she wagered that Katsu couldn't be older than herself. "She looks cute."

Chuckling as he noticed that Katsu got flustered Koike shook his head, again. "Not really. See? She is doing it again," he said nudging Katsu again. "And she seems around your age. Has no sash, indeed." He considered something as he would turn a bit around. "Perhaps you should talk to her in a bit?" Though it was clear that Koike would else attract the girl's attention if Katsu wouldn't agree.

Finally spotting the girl that they were talking about Saki tilted her head slightly to the right. "She looks nice. Give it a try in a bit, Katsu," Saki said, the smile on lips growing. Turning to Koike, she raised her right eyebrow. "Now, what about you? I didn't consider you much of the type to visit such kind of establishments as this one." The young woman said, coming indirectly to the aid of the Uchiha.

"I thought we were just here to eat," the boy grumbled, nudging Koike again as if to bother him. Upon hearing the three talk more, Katsu looked at the others, puzzled. "What does having a sash signify, anyway?" he asked curiously.

While they spoke further Meilin wondered how long they had been a team together. She considered that Saki was also a part of it, but Meilin wasn't certain yet of that.
"Oh, I can explain that" Meilin said. Briefly glancing around she spotted a young woman with a sash around her waist. Nodding towards the direction of the woman she started to explain it.
"It is a tradition of the Hon culture, where if a young woman that has come of age will wear one when not being in a relation or married. If you have an interest in them, you approach them and take a bit of the sash. Depending if she wants to talk or dance with you then she will not seem to mind it. If she does? Then she isn't interested in you."

Seeing Katsu confused caused Koike to almost burst out in laughter. "Not just eating, but fair enough," he answered. Hearing what Saki asked, Koike's right eyebrow slightly perked up. "I guess that I might start to see somebody once it is proper. Seeing what happened before," he said on a rather casual tone, "But I don't mind going to places like these. If I had the time I would go more often."

Hearing what the sash meant Saki threw a look at the woman who wore one. If anything this tradition about the sashes reminded her of the Honzo's Flower Festival. Though the Yamanaka clan tradition was slightly different and just once a year. It was certainly interesting to learn more about the Hon culture as she hadn't expected such a tradition. "So, when are we going back then to that previous pub then?" Saki asked, thought it was evident that it was meant as a joke.

"Ah... that makes sense," Katsu said, nodding. He glanced quickly to the side before letting out a sigh. The boy tapped his fingers rapidly on the table. "Oh, this meal is going to be so sweet... I'm so hungry..."
[/spoili][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Getting out, maroon]

Ryo Katsu,
Shockwave.

Ghost ANBU operative | Wolf Country, eastern side, near hostile army of unknown faction or country | Time? Uncertain, but in the evening.

There was simply no end to them. He had discovered this before and tried to acknowledge it, but it was a nightmare. The nights that he had sneaked into the camp were easy, but eventually, Ryo had managed to recognise a certain system to the camp of the unknown military force. It looked chaotic without any appealing structure or placement of facilities that an army camp usually had at its disposal. But the first few nights that Ryo had infiltrated the camp had just shown brutes being around with bashing each other in the head, getting drunk and other activities that were more fitting to a band of brigands and misfits than a true military. Only after four days later did he manage to discover a difference.

While the perimeter of the camp wasn't anything else but a chaotic mess without much of a structure or organised facilities, there was a whole other world within the inner circle of the camp. An oasis of peace and order from what Ryo could discover from the outside. Whenever camp was made, a palisade wall would be erected to form the barrier from the inner camp where the more and well armoured as armed soldiers did their rounds, next to having their tents there.
Not more than that could Ryo discover as he deemed it too risky to risk his luck in venturing and gathering information. There was too much of a tight security than that there was at the 'outer camp'. Finally deciding to head away, on the cover of the night, Ryo made certain to keep himself concealed. It wasn't that hard anymore as he had discovered that the guards and patrols at the outer camp weren't that disciplined or strict. Then again, who in their right mind would attempt to attack and charge a force this large?
Managing to create some distance from the camp Ryo couldn't help to feel a certain sense of dread and despair. There were a lot of questions he hadn't been able to find an answer on. It was clear that this wasn't a force of the Akinian empire, nor could he find any clues that pointed at the other nations. So who did these men serve? What were their objective and desire? There were more questions that passed his mind, but unable to answer them.
Starting to make more distance Ryo noticed a change. It could be his growing paranoia, but how many times had his guts been wrong these last couple of weeks? Or were it months? No, it had to be weeks. Throwing a look over his shoulder, the young man noticed something moving behind him.

A loud ring would move through the air as Ryo deflected a thrown object with a pulled out kunai. Turning around he noticed a few figures in the dark, observing him. Watching his movements.
"Of course," he grumbled softly, "Never can it be easy, eh?"
Right after those words, the figures started to move. Knowing that turning his back now to them would mean a quick death, the Ghost ANBU member would pull out a round object from his pouch as he leapt backwards. Just as one of the figures, armed with a set of knives, approached him in a dash, smoke would expand in a quick manner as Ryo dropped a bomb on the ground.

Blinded and caught off guard by the smoke, the figures coughed as one said something in a foreign language. Not that Ryo had decided to wait until the hostiles would recover from the surprise. Running as fast as he could Ryo tried to create a larger distance with them. Minimalising the usage of chakra would, hopefully, allow him to not make it easier for their sensors to track him down. His eyes narrowed slightly as he realised something. Throwing a quick glimpse over his shoulder, he noticed three figures moving in the dark following him.
"Alright, want to party? Let's do this then, jerks."

Picking up the pace Ryo felt his heart skipping a beat as adrenaline was rushed into his system. If this wasn't in a foreign country where he had no ally or friend able to rush to his aid. If it weren't for the fact that the known world considered and thought him to be dead. If it weren't for the fact that he knew that this could be his demise, it would have perhaps been something he could've appreciated. The rush of a chase, the adrenaline pumped into his system and the necessity of attempting to outsmart his chasers.

One mistake, however, would mean the end.

A senbon passing his shoulder made that crystal clear. A grin appeared on the face of the young man as he wondered if this was going to be his end. Fighting with an unknown enemy, while he was just who he was at the start of his life. Alone and unknown. A more poetic end couldn't he ask for, Ryo realised.
Then again, it wasn't going to be that easy.

Taking a sharp turn right a glimpse of steel could be seen in the moonlight as the young man would face the direction of his foes. The world moved for a moment slower. Something that Ryo always found amazing, but had decided it was likely the effect of the adrenaline. Without slowing down much Ryo dashed forwards as one of the figures tried to dodge the incoming strike.

Crimson drops would fall on the ground as Ryo passed one of the figures, the sound of clothing being ripped as a groan released from the figure. Adjusting his blade quickly Ryo readied for the next surprise strike. As anticipated did the next figure manages to block the strike. The collision of steel against steel rang through the air as a vibration moved through Ryo's arms. Landing a firm kick against his opponent's knees caused an opening.
"Gotcha," he grumbled, pushing the sword down with every ounce of strength that his muscles possessed. The edge would slide down, biting into the neck of the man in front of him. Twisting the blade, letting it bite deeper, Ryo would kick the man in his stomach to cause him to drop on his back. Turning quickly around he noticed that the third figure was taking a more cautious approach.

A soft groan made Ryo glance at the first figure he had landed a blow on. Wasn't that person yet taken out? At least, wounded. A start, Ryo thought to himself as he readied himself for another exchange of blows.
The third figure would this time attempt to land the first strike, dashing to close the distance quickly. Quicker than Ryo had expected. "Iadõ? Shit." Gritting his teeth he was barely in time to parry a stab but was forced to take a step back to keep his balance. His opponent was clearly aware of what he was doing, not slowing down with his attacks. A few more strikes were made by Ryo's opponent before he would back away.

Not allowing his opponent to increase the distance to make another attempt with Iadõ Ryo would quickly move up. This time he would lead the offensive. His attacks were parried and just when Ryo wanted to move in with a stab, trying to disable the man by wounding his leg, his blade was locked with that of his opponent. Phrasing some more of the foreign language as Ryo attempted to disengage, the man grinned.
"You're one ugly ---"

Unable to finish the sentence as he noticed some movement in the corner of his eyes, Ryo quickly side stepped to the right. The wounded foe tried to land a hit with a sickle formed weapon. Dodging the attack just by an inch, Ryo would slide his blade down the edge of his opponent. As his opponent with the sword attempted to move with Ryo and try to disarm the Ghost ANBU member, a strong shockwave would be sent forward from the blade of Ryo's sword. Causing that the weapon of his opponent would be send flying from his hands.

In a quick successive manoeuvre, Ryo would step forward with the edge of his katana biting into the shoulder of the previously sword armed opponent. Already moulding chakra for another chakra shockwave slash, Ryo noticed that the other opponent raised his sickle. Releasing the handle of his katana, the young man lowered himself to avoid the slash. In his manoeuvre, he would pull out a kunai.
Straightening his back Ryo would quickly slam the kunai into the stomach of his other opponent while his free hand grabbed the handle of his katana. Following up with twisting the kunai as he kicked the disarmed opponent Ryo heard both men groan and gasp out of pain. Not halting his attempt to kill the sickle-armed hostile Ryo would drive the kunai up, slicing slowly and in a painful fashion through clothing, blood and skin. Releasing the kunai Ryo would watch how the man collapsed on his knees. Just as the man looked up, mumbling some words softly Ryo already had raised his katana. His face locked in a grim expression.

"Goodnight."

A sigh moved from Ryo's lips while closing his eyes. Sitting on top of a rock he considered what just had happened. Judging by the abilities and manner of how they had operated it was clear that it was a small patrol. But these weren't the thugs that had been in the outer camp. These guys were like those bastards before. When he had escaped that dark facility. Capable of using more shinobi like abilities. Glancing at the man he had been able to disarm and wound sufficiently that it was an option that he could capture and move him away before more would swoop down on the place where the brief fight had taken place. The man hadn't yet recovered his conscienceless but Ryo doubted it would take too long. At least, he had tended to the bleeding while he doubted that the man would have returned that mercy. Or be much thankful for it.

Hearing some groans emit from his 'prisoner' Ryo would grumble. "About damn time that you woke up, princess," the young man said. For a moment he wondered how the others would think of him now. When was the last time he had been shouting his 'trademark' word 'Oi'? When was the last time he hadn't been grim? Perhaps too long that he hadn't matured, but just changed? Not that it mattered much right now, he decided. Getting up he looked down to the tied man.
Being met with a glare from his bound companion Ryo would just look down. "What's your name?" He asked, deciding to start it out with a simple question. His 'company' decided that it was fitting to answer with an attempt to spit at Ryo. The salvia wouldn't come much further than Ryo's chest. Before the man could utter something, a sharp pain would travel from the temple of his head to his head. Pulling his leg back Ryo narrowed his eyes. "I ask it again. What is your name?"

A moment of silence passed as the man blinked rapidly. Speaking words in a language that Ryo couldn't decipher there was a moment where the patience of the young man was running out. Something that was more than likely to happen with Ryo's situation of being on a different continent where he wasn't certain who was or wasn't having the grand idea to gut him.
"Great, after weeks of being alone I am now stuck with your ugly face. Okay, listen up princess," Ryo said as he would crouch and slap the man across the cheek, "I am not in the mood for any antics. Understood? You," pointing at the man, "No," Ryo shook his head lightly, "Do something stupid."

For a moment it became silent again as Ryo's prisoner frowned. Then he spat another shot of saliva right into the face of Ryo. Causing the young man to squeeze his eyes closed. A loud sigh would emit from the Ghost ANBU operative.

"...."

The man grinned as more words were uttered in the foreign language. Only to be cut off as Ryo's right fist landed a strike. Followed by another. And another. Eventually, Ryo stood over the man, his fists coloured with crimson as the bound man was silent. Lowering his fists, letting them hang at his side Ryo would speak up.

"I really can't say that I enjoy taking lives. But you're making me want to take your miserable hide straight to hell," Stepping away from the man to sit on the nearby rock, again, Ryo would scoff lightly, "Seeing that I haven't been able to enjoy any company you just got to suck it up. And with the fact that you're unable to communicate with me, I am going to call you..." Thinking of a name, Ryo noticed that the man was trying to sit up again.

"Think Yoma would fit you just fine. No clue why Yoma, though. Sounds weird, just like you," Ryo said, lightly shrugging. The man tried to state something as he wanted to get up. Only having a rock thrown at his head, causing him to groan in pain.

"That is a bad Yoma... Good heavens... if the others would know what kind of company I would be in now..."
[/fieldbox]

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: K3l and Fieryfly
[fieldbox=Into the past - part II, teal]
Zakito Hon,

Hon Clan Leader | Jounin commander | Imperial confidante |

Previous Post

Summary :
It is in the year 461 when the forces of the Fire country were being pressed back by a successful streak of invasion and operations from the forces of the Water country. A certain detachment of the military was stranded in the southern part of the country, threatened to be cut off from support and supplies. This became known as one of the most desperate attacks in the war as a part of that detachment tried to break through the makeshift blockade as well driving the forces of the Water country out of the country.

Seeing this is more than a decade ago, it was before Zakito gained his sharingan eye, being a captain of a company. A few NPC's will make an entrance and departure in the following parts as well showing how Zakito became known/befriended them.

[spoili]
Screams of wounded and dying filled the air as officers and other ranked personnel tried to move their troops either away or into the fray. Walking with a firm pace, a tight grip on the handle of his sword, Zakito threw a quick look over his shoulder. A few shinobi together with soldiers followed him. Looking grim, bloodied but ready for the next fight that was to come. For the plan to succeed and to retake the outpost they had to capture the gate. Allowing the majority of the forces to storm the place properly instead of being shot down by the enemy defenders.
The sounds of battle rang through the air as various small detachments of his side were trying to drive the defenders away from the walls at the left side, allowing some reprieve for those who were storming the place from that direction. Hopefully, Akio wouldn't encounter too much trouble, Zakito thought to himself.

Noticing a closed wooden door, Zakito came to a halt. There was no defender nearby and from the look, as sound, the defenders were locking up positions and attempting to take positions to defend them. Pointing at the door with his free hand, Zakito ordered a few of his men to smash it. Three men with large axes stepped forward, eager to make way. Glancing around, Zakito narrowed his right eye.
"Listen up," he said with a firm tone to the men and women at his back, "As soon as we are going to storm the gatehouse, I need each and single of you not to waver. We are nearly done! Don't falter and we won't all end up dead at the end of the day."

A few mumbled 'aye', where others nodded and some remained silent, staring at the door. The axes made short work as Zakito started to run, followed by his troops. By the last swing of an axe, the thick wooden door gave way. Leading to a room filled with determined defenders, ready to collide against the eager attackers. Swords and axes hacked through the air, shields vibrating from deflecting attacks as shouts of pain and battle cries resonated.
In the tight space that they were fighting Zakito wasn't able to use his sword with full efficiency. Parrying a jab, he would use his free hand to grab his opponent by the shoulder. Lightning crackled as it travelled through his hand down into his opponent. A bloodcurdling scream emitted from Zakito's opponent as the lightning did its cruel work. This did allow Zakito to bring the sharp edge of his sword close to the man's throat. In a rapid movement, the screaming man would be silenced as the sharp steel sliced through his throat, filling it with his own blood.
A quick glance made it apparent that the defenders, though determined and fierce, weren't up for the task to repel the attackers. Eager by this display, Zakito would attempt to keep up as he sheathed his sword with his right hand, while his left fetched out a kunai. A much more suitable weapon for tight combat as they were in now.

A man to his right was pierced at his leg by a short sword of a defender, who slammed his shield against the wounded soldier. Taking the place of the wounded man to both not allow the defender to finish his work as being back in the thick of battle, Zakito lashed out quickly. Forcing the short sword armed foe back into the defence. While it was tempting to use chakra to take the lives of his foes in a smoother and easier fashion, he was aware that it could endanger his allies and comrades. Bashing against the shield with his shoulder, Zakito grunted. Feeling how the defender was taken off guard by this, falling against one of his comrades, standing in an awkward position, Zakito's kunai slipped past the shield's defence. Plunging into the man's left side the kunai would be driven deeper. Twisting the weapon, Zakito would use the man in front of him as a make-shift shield. Lowering himself a bit to stay clear from the sword of the man behind his 'personal body shield' Zakito would throw a quick glance at his left. In the chaos of battle, it wasn't easy to see if they were doing well at this point. Pulling the kunai out, Zakito would attempt another stab. Judging by the painful grunt of the man that served as his shield, he assumed that he was doing some damage.

As the battle raged on in the room for control of the gates, there were battle cries shouted from the other direction. "Shit," Zakito thought to himself just as he finished off a defender. Turning around he saw how defenders were storming into the room from the direction he had come from. Now just as they were about to win the contested room and control of the gates, he and the remaining troops were boxed in. The defenders decided that having a moment, to catch their breath, wasn't a luxury Zakito and his troops had earned, charging against the surprised forces.
Parrying a strike, Zakito saw no room to attack back. Becoming outnumbered and desperate, he and the remaining troops in the gatehouse were slowly whittling down as the defenders started to regain their morale.

[/spoili]

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=A chance, orange]
Kirigakure, Jounin Commander's office.
Takeshi's operative.

A collab made between Chromehound and Gerontis.

Summary :
Daiki Shun goes to the office of his brother, Takeshi Shun. There the two discuss the current situation of the Republic as Takeshi is curious about his younger sibling's opinion and viewpoint. Then a decision is made, to the joy of Daiki, regarding an operation.

[spoili]
While there was a certain tension rising due to the recent events, Daiki hadn't noticed much change in the office. Perhaps it was due to he couldn't hear the whispering conversations and was too busy adapting to his new vocation. Being a member of the administrative personnel was a bitter respite from the field work he had been trained for. But it was better than rejecting the chance to get work and try to find work elsewhere. He doubted that he would find much better work that would pay more or being safer. Besides, he considered his experience that he had gained from fieldwork a bonus for now being in the administration. Knowing what trouble one could encounter on the field could lead to better understanding of frustrated reports and messages from operatives that had to be processed as not everybody could just go and meet up with the jounin commander whenver they desired. Regulations that once bothered Daiki, but now were also understandable.

Having finished a summary of the reports that he had progressed and receiving various other summary that he had to present to the jounin commander, Daiki wondered if he had been picked to do such an assignment due to the family ties between him and his older brother. If they only knew how much he despised the fact that people would go off on such assumptions then they wouldn't ask him to do it. Then again, that required him to speak up and state what he desired or felt about it. Leading that he decided to rather take it up as it would provide some escape from working behind a desk, reading reports of missions he could have been send on. Assignments that he could have been doing and people he could've been helping. Nearing the guarded door of the jounin commander, Daiki had to briefly experience the tight security. After the guards recognised his papers and giving the password, he was allowed to near the door of his brother and superior and knock on it.

Pacing back and forth in his office, Takeshi had never quite grown comfortable with sitting behind the desk. Hearing the noise at the door, the Jounin Commander turned and paused. "Come in," he said before realizing something.

Taking two steps, he closed the distance to his door and opened it. Smiling slightly as he saw who was on the other side. "Thanks for coming."

Waiting for a moment, Daiki was about to request one of the guards if they had heard anything. In situations like these he was painfully remembered of the fact that hearing was more useful than that he had ever imagined it to be when he could hear. Before he could turn, the door opened as Takeshi spoke up. Nodding, Daiki would bow quickly towards his brother as he would wait. There was the temptation to act as if there was no boundry between them, as their ranks were leagues apart, but Daiki would follow the formal regulations until told otherwise.

Raising an eyebrow as Daiki bowed, Takeshi shook his head. Gesturing for him to enter, he would wait for his younger brother to enter before closing the door behind him. Walking back over to his desk, he turned to make sure he was facing Daiki.

"You know you do not have to bow to me right?" Folding his arms across his chest, Takeshi smiled. "I appreciate the formality little bro, but it isn't really necessary."

Entering the office, Daiki would take a few more steps before he would turn around. Reading the words from Takeshi's lips, Daiki slightly frowned. "Formalities are a thing to follow and respect, sir," Daiki placed some emphasis on the last word before he would hold up the three scrolls in which he had organised the summaries of the past reports that had been processed. "Besides, think that a little bit of gratitude is in place." The young man stated, flashing a small smile. "How are you holding up so far?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Takeshi sighed. "Don't call me sir either, just sounds so... weird. Makes me feel as old as dad." Reaching out his hand, Takeshi took the scrolls from Daiki. "Gratitude for what?"

Turning back to the desk, he placed two of the scrolls on the desk and opened the third, looking at it for a moment before shrugging again. "So far so good." He said, a hint of sarcasm in his tone. Remembering that Daiki wouldn't really be able to pick up how it sounded, he looked back at his brother. "It's different. With everything going on I'm not honestly sure how I'm holding up. How about you?"

"Offering a job with reasonable payment and stability, I guess," Daiki said, raising his right hand briefly to rub the bridge of his nose. There was a faint grin appearing on the teen's lips as Takeshi made the comment on what being called sir made him feel like. "Don't spot any grey hairs, yet," the teen further added before he would throw a look at the office. He had expected it less organised, but that was likely due to knowing how ... unmotivated Takeshi could be at times. Spotting that Takeshi turned, Daiki instantly moved his gaze to see if his brother was talking.

Reading the words from the commander's lips, Daiki shrugged lightly. "I am okay. Haven't yet been the target of any hostile action, which adds up to feeling okay I guess. Other than that," the teen paused for a moment, "Got nothing to complain. Am wondering how the situation is going to be approached, but that isn't my job to worry about."

Running a hand through his hair self consciously, Takeshi grumbled. "For the record, I didn;t get you this job, so don't go thanking me too much. You earned it yourself, I just put in a good word." Placing the scroll down, Takeshi leaned backwards against his desk. "Glad to hear that you are doing well though. Not being killed is always a bonus."

Tilting his head to the side, Takeshi stared at Daiki for a long moment. "Come, have a seat." Walking behind his desk, the Jounin Commander took a seat and waited for Daiki to sit across from him. "It may not be your job to worry, but I do value your opinion Daiki. So, please share."

"It could have been that without your good word that I would now be searching for a job. Doubt that becoming a mercenary would have made anybody happy," Daiki tried to joke. Taking a seat he raised his right hand once more to rub his nosebridge. "My opinion, eh? Well, depends on what you want my opinion on. If you are talking about those insurgents who hit hard and then vanished ever since? Smoke them out. If you're talking about the campaign in the east? Not certain. I don't like the idea of cooperating with the Empire nor with the Lightning country." He stated, waiting to see which of the subjects or another Takeshi wanted his opinion on.

Nodding his head, Takeshi leaned backwards. "Better not become a bloody mercenary. Dad would kill me. And if he didn't get to it first, mom sure as hell would." Chuckling, Takeshi scratched his chin. "The insurgents have proven difficult to smoke out. They aren't following the clearest of patterns and, with things in a state of flux like they have been, it has been hard trying to track them down or flush them out."

Sighing, he looked up. "As for the East... well, truth be told, you and I are in the same boat there. Can't trust people I don't know and I sure as hell don't know anyone in this new 'Empire,' nor can I say I am familiar with anyone in the Lightning country either."

A lighthearted chuckle would escape Daiki as he read the words from Takeshi's lips. He was certain that their folks would certainly mind if it either one of them would become a mercenary. Already he could imagine their father grabbing a hammer to use it to knock some sense into them as their mother rolling up her sleeves, making ready to pull some ears. Thinking about what Takeshi said about the insurgents, Daiki started to think. Same as what his brother told him about the east and the situation. "Well, I imagine your hands to be tied. The council already deemed it necessary for the Republic to join the joint strike operation. Probably for the best, cause else the Lightning country will decide that the Wolf Country is theirs, which many won't accept or acknowledge to become reality without any bloodshed," Daiki said, not really having much preference to a war over some land and people who weren't his countrymen.

"Not that I consider that we can outlast the Akinian realm. Not alone, but doubt that most of us would be comfortable with working alongside those damned desert rats. And haven't ever spoken or met anybody from the Earth country, so it is perhaps for the better. Not comfortable, but better," the ex-chuunin concluded his thoughts out loud. Returning to the subject about the insurgents, he tried to think of a way to smoke them out. What they wanted and how their objective could be turned against them. Suddenly Daiki gained an idea.

"I don't want to compare myself to those miserable rats, but the insurgents act in a way that is similar to how... well, some of us," he said as he was well aware that his brother had already figured out a long time ago for who he had worked during the Revolution, "Fought against the regime of Rika Suzu. In that light, perhaps trying to just find them is a mistake. What should be searched after is their true goal. Their objective. If one would know or have that, then they could be drawn to a place of your picking. Instead of trying to hunt them down. Didn't, after all, work for Rika Suzu if I remember correctly."

"Hmm," Takeshi mused, listening as his brother spoke. Daiki's words made sense and he was glad that they could talk like this. It was nice to have another person he could trust.

"I agree that it will be safest for us to join the joint strike operation, however I do think it would be wise for us to keep our guard up. I would not put it past the others to take advantage of the situation and grab anything that they can. It is, after all, what we would have done in the past..." Scratching his chin, Takeshi sighed. "Rika was a fool and a stubborn one at that. Pride and arrogance can only take one so far. But, you are correct. There is a lot about our own revolution that could be used in our favour here." Thinking for a long moment, the jounin commander chewed on his lip.

"What do you feel their objective is Daiki? You have seen the reports, seen what they have done so far. What can you pull from it?"

The question made Daiki scratch his right cheek for a second. "Obviously something that is revolving around to get somebody that they favour on a position of power and influence. Doubt that there is any Suzu alive. And if there is, then we ought to kill that man or woman as soon as possible. Don't like to see another Suzu being allowed to just reign over us as some herd of cattle," Daiki said, the disdain he held for the notorious clan clear in his tone and phrasing. Thinking a moment longer, he shook his head slowly.

"Am not entirely sure what their goal is. If we assume that it was serving a purpose to kill the previous Jounin commander, it is perhaps that they can be nothing more than surviving loyalists who want to reinstate the order of old? That would mean that their targets are those who either are making certain that the Republic can survive and prosper or are known to be fierce loyal to the current government. Though," he remembered a particular odd report.

"Wasn't there recently some... activity reported in the Oda compound? You know, the abandoned clan after it got... well, got massacred by their own? Haven't seen any names of any operatives, but from what had been discovered there were signs of violence. New signs. Perhaps a few answers can be found there?"

Upon hearing Daiki's words about reinstating the old orders, Takeshi's eyes narrowed. It was a good point, and one that he had not thought about until now. Steepling his fingers, Takeshi lost himself in thought. If they truly were hunting and attempting to eliminate members of the current Republic, people who held sway, then perhaps they were also trying to replace them with their own, more favourable choices.

Snapping back to attention when Daiki mentioned the Oda compound, Takeshi nodded. "You are correct. That is one place we can certainly look into and will. I do not want to start spreading ourselves too thin, however and the more of these incidences that arise, the more we have to look into and the further we are spread. It is infuriating, but... an understandable tactic."

Frowning, Takeshi continued. "You mentioned that the may be trying to reinstate the order of old. If that is so, who would be their most likely targets? People we could keep watch on to protect. Right now we have placed guards on every major person that we can, but again, it is running us quite thin. While I am not overly fond of taking away that protection, if we can better redistribute it, it would go a long way towards freeing up some additional forces."

"Perhaps," Daiki started though he was certain of what the answer would be, "I could go? That way you wouldn't risk any forces that are useful in other places and positions. Can still handle myself in a scuffle and know how to gather information," the young man stated in a casual manner. On what he at first perceived as a question, Daiki realised that it were thoughts spoken out loud by his brother. "Or instead of remaining on the defence, why not use a person or two to lure them out? I wager that some of the people are... disliked for a reason. If the insurgents would spot what they deem to be a weakness, you could trap them. Perhaps go as far to aim to capture a few of them. Then let the Intelligence Division make them talk about where to find more."

Considering Daiki's proposal, Takeshi clicked his teeth together. He did not like the idea of sending his brother out. It wasn't that he doubted Daiki's skill and capability, however, he worried about the obvious... Daiki's deafness put him at a distinct disadvantage, despite his other talents. Narrowing his eyes, Takeshi sighed. The problem was that he was already running low on manpower. Could he really afford to be picky?

"If I were to send you, can you keep it quiet?" Realizing his poor phrasing, Takeshi inwardly cursed himself before continuing. "If anyone were to find out that I sent you, it would not bode too well for either of us. Especially if mom or dad were to find out..."

Leaning forwards, the jounin commander locked eyes with his brother. "I am not sure the others will be too fond of setting up anyone as bait but I believe you are correct. It is certainly a better way to control the situation and turn it to our advantage." Pondering for a moment, he scratched behind his ear. "And who would you consider the 'juciest' targets to be?"

He was surprised. While Daiki had braced himself for what he considered the imment disappointing answer that he wasn't going to be risked. That he had to consider himself more capable of help at the administration, the answer of Takeshi caused the young man to smile as he hadn't for a long time. A glint appeared in his eyes as he felt more alive than he had ever since he had lost the capability to hear. Nodding quickly as Takeshi asked if he could keep it between them, not even noticing the poor phrasing, Daiki was quick to answer. "Of course, you can count on me. I will not be missed or caught. Promised," he answered, trying to not beam at this chance. Perhaps he could proven himself capable to be back in the field. Or, at least, some operations instead of going to the office every day to do dull, administrative work. Well, it was dull most of the times compared to field work.

Almost had he missed the fact that Takeshi had asked him a question, already imaging how he would acomplish his first operation. One of his own to reclaim some of his own diginity and honour. "Oh, well," he scratched the back of his neck, trying to push away the ideas and imagination of how his life could be once he would prove that he was able to do more than his current occupation, "I would assume that you're one that they would target. Any council member is likely the target, but doubt that they will go after anybody of the council unless it is further weakened. Seeing that I doubt that any lord or lady wouldn't have their own retinue of armed and skilled guards these days," Daiki said, trying to focus on the question.

"Perhaps it could be first to target those who profit from the Republic? Any public or local figure that enjoys and makes it clear that he or she is certain that the Republic is the best that happened to us all. People who aren't as capable at combat as a jounin commander or as having as many guards as any other council member. And once those are gone, the public might be easier to be swayed... making those who are harder to take down now, easier in the future."

Nodding his head slowly, Takeshi was relieved by Daiki's response. He could tell how happy it made his brother, but Takeshi could not stop from worrying about the possible outcomes. He had faith in his brother. Perhaps more than anyone else did, but that did not stop him from wanting to protect his little brother whenever he had the chance.

"Then consider yourself sanctioned to complete this operation. Whatever you need, you come to me and only me. Understood?" Letting the question sit for a moment, Takeshi thought about Daiki's words. He could arrange to set up a few prominent people as bait, but he would need some help pulling it off. Namely, he would need to speak with Kimi...

Unsure if he had to bow or just thank him or even give his brother a hug, Daiki remained speecheless at the mere fact he was now allowed back into the field. At least, for this operation. Could be a simple gathering of evidence and information, but the fact he was entrusted to complete a field operation. "Yes, I understand. You won't regret this, promised," Daiki said, trying to come over serious and neutral. But he was certain that his voice betrayed his emotion. "I will begin tomorrow. Will have to prepare some of my gear that I still have at home," he thought out loud, really enthousastic at the prospect of this chance. Perhaps he could finally get rid of the pity that some had for him...

"Good, you had better not give me cause to regret this." His expression was serious, but a smile broke out on Takeshi's face at his brother's obvious excitement. "Just keep yourself safe okay?" Not surprised that Daiki kept some of his gear at home, Takeshi shook his head, chuckling. "If you do find that you are in need of any equipment for this, do let me know and I can arrange to have you properly equipped."

"I won't, really. I probably will be back before you will even miss me," Daiki answered. He thought about the offer, but seeing the nature of the operation he doubted he would need much gear, tools or weaponry on person. "Thanks, but I will manage. Unless you wish me to be fully clad and armed which will only draw more unwanted attention. I will be fine and comfortable with my previous gear." Wanting to get up and run home, Daiki managed to keep a hold of himself. "Anything else that I can help with?"

Chuckling again, Takeshi shook his head. "You have helped more than you know. That will be all for now." Sitting back, he waited to see if his brother would add anything else or simply make his way home as quickly as he could.

A grin made its way to Daiki's lips. A salute was made as the teen rose up. "Always aim to help. I shall take my leave now and see you later," he said, still struggling to contain his excitment and emotions. It was even a whole struggle to not start running out of the room to head back home. The day wasn't over and he considered that he would have time enough tomorrow morning to plot everything out. There was enough work today that he could move and perhaps plan carefully how he would work out the operation.
[/spoili][/fieldbox]

Reactions: Nim
[fieldbox="Everything that's Wonderful, Orange"]
Yamada Suzu "Rabbit" | Sworn Sword | Grass Province Capital
Tugging on the uniform she had been provided in order to better conceal the ampule tied to her inner forearm, Suzu let out a sigh as she put her hair up in a more professional style then her normal lack of any style. Finished with her last minute preparations, she leaned a bit forward from the shadows close to the back entrance to the banquet hall. She had been watching for close to an hour now, and noticed that most of the servers that had entered seemed to know the security in one way or another so simply slipping in unnoticed wasn't going to work out to well. 'If only Haru had known this would happen...' she thought as she watched a group of servers come around the corner.

Stepping from the shadows as the group passed Suzu simply blended herself into the group as best as she could before getting close to the hall. Standing straight and trying her best to seem like part of the conversations going on in front of her, as they approached the guard Suzu worked through the many ways she could simply kill him and any witnesses around her if this were to go sideways which she was pretty sure was doable but didn't seem as if it would be necessary as the guard waived the group through the door and into the building.

As she passed the guard she moved a hand up to push some hair back, conveniently keeping her face mostly shrouded from the man as she did so. Once inside she found herself inside a sweltering kitchen, the burners of multiple large stoves and ovens that had probably been running for most of the day contributing to the assaulting heat they entered into. Following the group of servers forward Suzu watched as the chefs and apprentices, some fifty souls strong, toiled away at their craft. Foods were being prepared and cooked, trays set and plates garnished, and everything was being brought in the same direction they were headed through a set of double doors. Noticing a young cook with a large tray of fresh pastries making his way behind them, Suzu put out her hand to catch the door as she passed through.

"Thanks Miss!" the boy said as he passed her by into the room beyond. It was a room about half the size of the kitchen, and with an atmosphere much more normal than what she had just been through and yet it was just as busy. The trays being brought from the kitchen full of food were being swapped for the more ornamental and presentable server trays and drinks were being poured from huge barrels as tall as her against the far wall and stacked onto smaller trays to be carried by servers out to the party-goers. The servers seemed to know what their jobs were and when they had to do them, but other than that it all seemed rather hectic, a form of controlled chaos magnitudes smaller than the last time she had witnessed such in the war.

A nagging feeling assaulting the back of her mind as her memory of those times attempted to resurface she reached for a lollipop from her pocket, stopping just short as she remembered that she had been coaxed into leaving them behind because as Haru put it, "It's not very professional to be sucking on a lollipop at a banquet.". Taking in a deep breath, Suzu pushed the memories back down to the pit they had almost managed to free themselves from as well as the urges that they brought with them and moved quickly between the servers making a straight pass at the trays of drinks. She snatched up a tray and headed for the door that had to be the exit to the banquet itself, pushing it open slowly and stepping into a side of life she was rarely witness to.

The banquet hall was considerable, currently hosting what was easily four hundred people and yet Suzu had no trouble making her way through the party-goers. The hall was arranged much how she had imagined it would have been; the tables were all chest height; which encouraged those in attendance to mingle with the group rather than stay seated and isolated at their tables which to her made sense. A charitable banquet wasn't one that would be held sitting, if anything it was one where you introduced yourself to the other charitable souls in attendance and attempt to make connections for the future. Connections that very likely did not involve any sort of charity.

The people were even more interesting. They wore interesting suits, multi-colored from black to light blue, embroidered with queer scenes, and possessing odd forked tails at the back of their suits for the men, 'Must be some blend of the Grass culture and the nations around here...' Suzu wondered as she passed by a group of rather intoxicated benefactors, two of which took glasses from her tray as she did so.

Continuing through the groups of party-goers, Suzu began to search for her target. After about ten minutes of fruitless effort she finally caught a break as a tall man in a rather plain all white suit appeared from behind her, pushing past the server with ease and making his way towards a plump man calling out to him as he did so, "Toyoshige!". The smaller man wore a suit of red, with elegant embroidered pointed leaves and forest scenery in a darker shade of crimson throughout the suit topped with white cuffs and a white collar. He seemed jovial, jolly even upon recognizing who it was that called out to him. His face was rosy, which was very likely a caused by the many empty glasses scattered around the tables nearest him, 'Good, it shouldn't be hard then.' Suzu thought as she simply stood close enough to be called upon for a drink without being overly suspicious.

Settling in to play what she guessed would be a very short waiting game, Suzu listened to the conversation taking place between the two men.

"Zabi! What a pleasure it is to have you here!" her target proclaimed as he clapped the taller man in white on the back, "I had heard you were caught up in a business negotiation in the South and wouldn't be able to make it... Ahahaha! What a farce that was!" he claimed as the taller man seemed to simply shake his head at the accusation, "Well you see Toyoshige, I was caught up in a negotiation. I just finished it sooner than expected and rushed my way back for the charity banquet, I've always wanted to help the less fortunate children here and there was never a very good venue to do such until now." he said with a smile.

Toyoshige gave his friend a rather wide grin and clapped his hands, "That decides it then! A toast for your arrival is what we're in need of!" he seemed to yell at the man in front of him before looking around for a moment and spotting Suzu. With the wave of his hand at her the moment had come, Suzu nodded her head to show she had noticed him and slipped around a small huddle benefactors, depositing three of the five glasses she had left on the table the stood around.

After she deposited the extra glasses she ducked around two men as they walked by, cutting her off as they had lost themselves in conversation, which provided her a perfect opportunity to act. As she dodged the two men she pulled her right hand inward, pulling taught the wire that was tied to her middle finger in turn undoing the knot holding the ampule of poison she had been provided to her forearm. Catching it in her open hand she quickly flicked the top off and into her pocket before emptying it's contents into the glass that would end up closest to Toyoshige.

Coming out from behind the group and presenting the two remaining glasses to the men, she gave a small bow as she pulled in the empty tray to her chest and began to make her way out of their vicinity.

"To one of my greatest business partners and closest friends!" Toyoshige proclaimed. "You flatter me Toyoshige." the tall man replied before she heard them toast there glasses together.

'I wonder how much of the poison is really needed to kill a person.' she thought as she weighed the reasonable possibility that a small amount of the rather intoxicated Toyoshige's drink may have gotten into his friends glass with the toast.

Allowing the thought to simply drift away, Suzu left her empty tray on a random unoccupied table before making her way back to the servers preparation room and out through the back door. With a nod of her head at the guard stationed outside, Suzu calmly walked into the dimly lit streets of the Grass Province capital and disappeared into the shadows.
[/fieldbox]

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gerontis
[fieldbox=Time to move, lightsalmon]

Satoshi Jun,

Jounin | Kumogakure Team 3 | Commander of the host, at the camp.

After his visit to the medical tents to inspect how the conditions of the injured men and women it was clear that they couldn't travel for long on their own. For that matter, Satoshi decided to arrange that they could be transported by cart and waggons. There weren't that many, so even three could suffice as the camp would be broken off. A messenger would be sent towards the nearby camp of the forces of the Republic to alert them that they were going to move and set camp closer to the coast of the Wolf country. A few of the scout parties that had been sending out returned with good news. No encounter with any hostile party or individual had been made. With that good news taken Satoshi would instruct how the host would start moving out. The bulk of the forces would march together as few shinobi and scouting parties would be sent out to keep their flanks and such covered. Even after the order was given the host wouldn't be right away gone. It took time as they had to pack their tents, gear, equipment, tools and round up.

Watching how some riders would move away from the camp, starting to cover some ground ahead of the host Satoshi hoped that the other scouting parties would return soon. Somehow he wondered if this all would just be the start of something new. The idea that not only the Lightning country was cooperating with the Imperial forces of Akino, but also doing a joint campaign with the Republic made the commander consider something. If this would occur more often, would it lead to a continuing peace and prosperity? Would the wounds of old slowly heal and dissolve the distrust, anger and pain that existed between the nations? Perhaps it was just his desire to see his own daughter and family grow up in peace. But he considered it at least a nice thought while watching how the activity in the camp started to increase.

Mizuchi Hojo's scouting party,
Near the coast of the Wolf country.

With Mizuchi and a detachment of her group holding a hill as a return point, the other parts of the group would soon return. No hostile encounter had been made nor any signs of any locals in the area. A group under the leadership of Yumeji Hojo, however, came back with a few unconscious people. One of them being the 'Red Devil', which caused many to wonder what had either happened or caused the woman and few others to wash up on the shores of the Wolf country. Once every part of the group had returned with no bad news Mizuchi decided that it was time to head back.

Only for one of the groups to return with more news and troops. One of the reinforcements detachments that had been transported over by ships from the Lightning country would bring the news that their nation had decided to send more troops to reinforce those who had been sending on the campaign. With the ships sailing back home while the brought troops would merge with Mizuchi's group.

While returning back to the location of the camp, they encountered one of the rider groups ahead of the host. Exchanging some words the group of Mizuchi would learn that the host would start to prepare to move out to a new location. This would lead to the decision that Mizuchi would continue onwards to the host, in hope that they could still deliver their report before the host would leave. Not to forget to deliver the found people over so that they could receive some proper treatment.

As the camp was broken off with soldiers starting to pack in their tents, supplies and material Satoshi walked around. He gave some orders where he saw a need to interfere, but everything was running smoothly. Despite his own worries, the morale was still good. There was no real concern to doubt that the orders wouldn't be followed or any internal problems so far rising. Just as Satoshi wanted to head back to his own tent to be certain that he had packed everything accordingly he noticed a messenger. A young man on the back of a brown steed would manage his way towards the commander.

"Commander, sir," the young man said with a tired voice as he would lift up a sealed scroll, "I bring word from the north." The young man stated, lowering himself so that he could give the scroll over to Satoshi. Accepting the scroll, the commander instructed the messenger to take some rest while he could as he broke the wax seal. Reading the content quickly a small smile found its way towards the man's lips. His worry that he wouldn't have enough troops to subdue the violence that was present in the Wolf Country was lowered by the news. Apparently, reinforcements would move from both the Sky country as from the Lightning country over the sea. This was good news as he doubted that 5.000 troops could handle the problems that troubled the revolting country. Even with the 3.000 troops that were commanded by that Republican commander.

Still, Satoshi wondered when the Imperial forces would join them. He had high hopes as expectations from the Akinian troops, hoping that the Empire would be generous with lending forces for this joint campaign. Though he hoped the same of the Republic, that more forces would be sent to deal with the revolts and problems. Just as Satoshi wanted to push his worries away with the fact that they weren't facing any problems, another message would come through. Mizuchi's detachment had returned with the news that the notorious 'Red Devil', otherwise known as Asami Sanosuke, had been brought to the camp together with some other people that seemed to be the victim of being washed up the shore. Frowning Satoshi was quick to order that a waggon had to be prepared for that group with as well assigning a few more medical personnel to attend to the 'newcomers'. While Mizuchi's detachment reported no violent contact or spotting anybody during their operation Satoshi grew wary. Just once when he had hoped that things wouldn't grow complicated or mysterious, it just had to happen, much to his chagrin. At least, one of the promised reinforcements had already arrived together with the detachment that had been led by Mizuchi Hojo.

Hopefully, they could make their way to a new location without much of a hassle now.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Advise from two wolves - Part I, #33cccc]

A matter of decisions.

A collab between Alice and Gerontis.

Summary :
Zakito and Kiyomi hold a small meeting in which Zakito explains the plans for the eastern campaign. The two further discuss on what the empire could do to try what is best for the realm if the campaign won't lead to a success as well some safety measures developed by Zakito.

[spoili]
"They will depart from the port nearby the Sea keep. Already the transport ships together with the escort squadrons will be at the ready," Zakito explained. He was leaning forward, one hand resting on the edge of the painted table while he used his right to point at the locations he was talking about.

"The forces we will send shall be composed out of brigades from the Third Division, around ten thousand strong. They will be further complimented by a number of the Tiger Claws as the Guardian Unit," the man explained, his right eye moving his gaze across the painted table, "The journey towards the coast of the Wolf country shouldn't be any worry. The size of the convoy and transport will deter anybody who would hope to sneak upon the forces. Once they arrive at the coast, the ships shall disembark the troops, mounts and supplies. The captain-commander of the Guardians shall then know what to do once he has joined up with the forces of the Lightning country and the Republic." Finishing the briefing Zakito straightened his back as his hands moved behind him. He looked more tired than every, but his voice had been firm and strict. The plans were more than just ready as orders had already been sending out to various locations where the participating brigades were located. Supplies and materials had also been gathered and readied for both the voyage as well, hopefully, give the troops some comfort to not be forced to forage for some time.

Listening to his words as well staring at the positions he pointed at, Kiyomi remained silent. She still wanted to call it off. Replace the leading commander of the force to somebody else. Or better: be at the head herself. It just irritated her that in the end that the realm had to request brave men and women to fight and possibly die on foreign soil without her to do the same. It just moved against her principles, but Kiyomi knew that this wasn't going to be a fight she would win. Certainly not after the latest developments, which had seen Zakito be even stricter and firm in his decisions. While she was certain that she had the legal and formal authority to overrule his decisions, the teen was also aware that the man held larger sway and influence over the military than she did. That and she doubted that it would go smoothly or even make things better if she would still decide to press on. "For how long is the campaign planned?" Kiyomi decided to ask, looking up at Zakito.

The man took a second to consider how he should phrase his answer. "Uncertain, your grace," he began, "From various reports of the operatives that were pulled back from the region do show that there are a large number of conflicts. Possibly at the scale of revolts and number of them, I would find it safe to judge a few months before we will hear the word that the campaign will be over," Zakito answered. Taking a pause after his answer he decided to state something else. "I have taken the liberty to make various decisions on regards of certain key figures, considering their relation to you, your grace."

Her right eyebrow perked up by a bit upon hearing the comment after the answer. "Oh?" Kiyomi just said, genuinely interested by his words. "May I know them or are they going to be a secret for me?"

Ignoring the sarcasm in her phrasing Zakito slowly nodded. "Seeing the relation between you and the leading commander, I have already written out a... few strategies for him to use. There are capable commanders of troops going to accompany him on this campaign and I am certain he will come back. In case that something might happen, however," Zakito stated his words slowly with a certain tone that would mark it clear that he wasn't going to step back from his decisions, "Then Hayate shall use the Void Rose to come back. Next to the fact that the detachment of the Tiger Claws are there in the first place to ensure that Hayate's safety and health are being kept as good as possible. "

Though it did calm her a bit, the idea that she and Hayate would be separated by a sea and means was anything but comfortable. Sure there were was already a certain distance that they had to cross as they both had their own duties to attend to, this was something completely different. Something that was even more bitter when she considered that they could be finally open about their feelings, only for him to be sent on a military campaign to some foreign continent. "And I assume that I can't send any Sworn Swords to increase the security?" She asked with a soft voice, considering what she could do.

"You could, your grace, but I implore you to consider that carefully. The Tiger Claws and the majority of the force that accompanies him on this campaign are quite drilled and ready to face heavy opposition. Think that it is best to not spend more on it than the realm already has, your grace," Zakito answered. Aware that Kiyomi disliked the idea of this all, he decided to suggest something. "Perhaps we can pick up the training we had before, your grace?"

Frowning, her gaze travelled to the eastern continent on the painted table. Sending out a platoon or two of Sworn Swords to ensure Hayate's safety was quite tempting. The idea to disguise herself as a member of the participating force was quite amusing and alluring. Though she knew that it was best and most wise to remain at home. On the suggestion of Zakito, Kiyomi smiled a little bit. "I would love that, but there are urgent matters and events we both have to attend to, don't we? This evening we will have a feast planned, after all."

Remembering that planned event, Zakito nodded. "Ah yes. I was hoping if you wouldn't mind my absence? I am certain that you will do fine without me watching over your shoulder this evening," the man said, not wanting to state his real reason for wanting to be absent from the imminent feast.

Eyeing Zakito, Kiyomi almost felt guilty. He had toiled harder than anybody who she knew. Trying to make certain that everything that was planned or occurring would go without much of any trouble. And if trouble would appear, he was the first to attempt to fix it. "Of course, you are excused! Take the evening to rest out. I shall make certain that the feast won't result into the royal palace being demolished." The teen said with a wink, trying to sound more cheerful in of a sudden.

A chuckle would escape Zakito as he nodded. "Thank you."

[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Hiraku Hyuuga]

Hiraku watched as the events unfolded, with Amegakure's jounin commander stepping down and their kage's assistant having to ensure there was no feeling of victory because of it. It all seemed to take a while, especially with his friends being in danger. He hoped that the one they had met in the office had at least something set up for now, but interrupting the one possibly fixing a chunk of this mess with words instead of violence would also be a step backwards, if they attempted to interrupt. Throughout, Hiraku was almost tapping his foot with impatience, but he kept himself under control long enough for the waiting to come to fruition.

Hiraku bowed a bit upon seeing Eiji finish up and arrive, and began quickly speaking upon hearing the ten minute comment. "Hiraku Hyuuga of Konohagakure. What you needed to hear right now was that the Konoha forces and Ame forces can't communicate at the moment, and we need your help to fix that." Hiraku hoped that he wasn't too rushed or too informal, but was more worried about ensuring he got his mission completed as well as kept his friends and sensei from getting in into danger caused by the lack of communications. "Currently, your assistant at your office has my communicator to set up some interim communications in case we couldn't find you, but official communications would be better, and I don't believe he has set up those communications yet."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox='Reyna Azuma | Kumo Genin | Team 13, Aqua']
Welcome Back

"I'm back."

It took a moment for the words to sink in and Reyna paused. Looking up, her eyes met her friend's and she lunged forward, wrapping Midori in a tight hug. Holding on, Reyna shook, her tears now happy ones. She didn't want to let go, afraid that if she did, everything good would fade away and this would prove to be just another fleeting dream.

Please be real, please be real...

Opening her eyes, Reyna pulled back enough to look at Midori. She lifted one of her hands and wiped away the tears, sniffling.

"Sorry... I'm kind of a mess." Sniffing again, she looked away and chewed on her lower lip.

"I really missed you Midori-sama," Reyna started, her voice trembling slightly, "please don't leave us again..."

Raising a hand up to her mouth, Reyna chewed on one of her fingernails. "I... well, I have some questions that I wanted to ask you. But now, now probably isn't the best time." Smiling sadly, Reyna shrugged. "They'll probably be out looking if we don't get back soon. Can... can we talk later?" Not waiting for Midori to answer, Reyna turned and got to her feet slowly. Glancing back at Midori, she offered her hand. "Thanks for coming back."

~After the March~

Tossing her pack down in a heap and collapsing next to it with a loud and relieved sigh, Reyna closed her eyes. When was it going to end?? Sooooo much walking... Groaning, Reyna opened her eyes and sat up slowly. Reaching into her pack, she pulled out her tent and threw it on the ground beside her. Staring at it for a long moment, her eyes narrowed. "Set yourself up..." she muttered, pouting.

Letting out another sigh, the girl shuffled over and began pulling the tent apart, preparing to set it up. She had nothing better to do while she waited for Midori and Kaya to set up their own camp. It took her several minutes, but eventually she had the tent set up. Throwing her pack inside, Reyna sat against the outside, closing her eyes and trying not to fall asleeeeeeeeeeee.....

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=GM Post Summary post, ]
A time skip of several days.

Current date:
5 December 476.

The Republic of the Water Country,

Tension is still on the rise. Rumours about the insurgents that proclaim that the Suzu clan is back on the rise together with the news that is coming from the Wolf Country. More so with the fact that some starting to believe that the Lightning country desires to snatch the former vassal-country away from them, growing bigger and closer to them is making most uncomfortable.
Yet not all is being grim in the Republic. While there are some grumbling on the new government, people still have faith that the problems will be dealt with and there is still time for the Republic to prove its worth.

Not to forget that there are still rumours lingering around, whispered about the death rising from their graves. Tombs that have been opened and tracks that led from graveyards that are disturbing people on the countryside and some of the smaller islands of the country.

The Empire of Akino.

Let's start with the unrest in the provincial capital of the Rain, Amegakure. Riots had sparked after unrest and the violence that had occurred at a certain post office led that various people took it up to the streets. The riots became violent as people got wounded and few people even ended up killed. In two day the riots were over, though, as the police and the present forces managed to get a grip on the situation.
After the riots the damage that had been caused wasn't small, but nothing as what some people feared. Most of the violent outbursts were in various districts of the city but didn't engulf the entirety of the city. The words and performance of Eiji Emiya managed to calm the people down. His appearance is thus being held responsible for that most rioters stopped channelling their frustration and anger in a violent manner.
There are people who, however, desire to make demands. This is most likely an effect of the words of the previous jounin commander, Hoshi, who had stepped down. While many are aware that such concessions haven't been formally been accepted or allowed in the realm, there are enough who now try to press their desire on the local authorities.

So while the peace has returned to the provincial capital, there is still a large amount of unrest to be dealt with.

In the capital of the empire, Konohagakure, there is a more festive atmosphere present. With recently a clan meeting having been held at the royal palace, the representatives of clans and provinces had been invited to a feast at the palace. Members of the Guardian Unit as various colonels have been invited as well. In the city itself there are people who do spend some time with siblings, children or their relatives that are going to be sent the next day towards the eastern continent.

The Lightning country.

Unrest has found its way to the northern realm as well. While there are people who are worried and occupied enough by the changing of the season, there are others who worry about the latest developments on a political scale. The search and rumours about the murderer of the Late Lightning daimyo haven't ceased yet while more troops have been sending towards the Wolf country. The total numbers of the forces that are being led by Satoshi Jun on the eastern continent in the troubling country are ranging up to fifteen thousand strong.

There are those who wonder if it won't be better if the troops will secure the Wolf country as their own. Yet many back at home still aren't too concerned with the military campaign as there is enough that occupies them at home.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Reactions: FrostedCaramel
[fieldbox=Questions with purposes, lightsalmon]
New camp of the host of Satoshi Jun.

A collab made by Fieryfly and Gerontis.

Summary :
As the camp is being set up by the troops, Satoshi decides to pay a visit to Midori Sato. The two engage in a conversation in which the commander asks various questions about Midori's team, the risk of a jinchuriki. With Midori's answer, he is able to find out that some rumours are true and some aren't.

[spoili]
It was as if nothing had changed. The activity, nose and sight was almost the same. Even as they had marched and relocated to a position that was closer to the coast, allowing the forces to hold a portion of the coast under their control, Satoshi was greeted with a similar sight when walking through the camp. It was only busier than before, which was thanks to the reinforcements that had came over the sea or traveled in groups from the Sky country to aid their numbers. While Satoshi was very pleased with the extra troops, trippling their current numbers, he was also worried about the scale of the campaign. Considering what he so far knew, the commander decided not to occupy himself with too many worries.

Walking through the camp was quite a struggle. Not because soldier and shinobi were setting up their tents, the smiths setting up their make-shift workplaces and other requirments being set up, but also because officers had questions whenever they saw him outside of the tent. If he didn't know better Satoshi would grow suspicious that the leading personnel did it on purpose, asking all kind of questions or trying to strike a conversation with him. But today he had something in mind than to let himself be occupied by his captains and officers. A few times he had to ask where he could find the person he was looking for, which was harder than he had anticipated. Luckily the assigned troops that were ordered to guard and keep an eye on a few kunoichi did their work well and allowed Satoshi to locate one of the few he kept under guard.
Nearing a formation of tents, Satoshi threw a curious look. There were some troops who were tired and deciding to take some sleep - seeing that they weren't given any tasks or being told to head to the grounds that were being designed for drill and training.

Spotting the person he had been looking for, Satoshi spoke up. "Ah, Midori Sato?" He was certain that he was saying her name correctly, but not certain if the young woman was comfortable with her first name being uttered. "Was hoping that I could have a moment of your time," the commander stated, flashing a smile.

It was strange to walk around again for days. It was almost as if she had forgotten how to do it. Her body didn't get tired. It hadn't lost touch with the world, it was her mind that was confused. She had spend so much time loafing around in the dark that it was difficult to concentrating on the real world for extended periods of time as she had to do now. She couldn't explain it and that frustrated her. She wanted to discuss all of this with Reyna but the marching had kept her from it. She also needed to talk to Kaya. There was so much to do but her mind couldn't focus long enough to actually do it.

First a tent.

Midori prided herself in the fact that she really knew how to set up a tent. So much so that she could let her mind drift away as her hands went through the familiar motions. She had lived in a tent of most of her life after all. This was easy. Pole, pole, cloth. She spotted Reyna doing the same thing. Her mind drifted through the nothingness of her thoughts until suddenly a voice spoke her name behind her. As if snapping awake from a dream Midori twirled around abruptly and stared to the person that spoke to her. Her mouth fell open slightly.

"Commander Jun," she said, doing a quick salute, dropping her blanket on the floor as she did. Proper manners. It had taken her awhile to learn them and this was not a time to forget them. She was nothing more than one soldier in his army here. Which was strange and weirdly comforting in a way. "Eh... of course. I was just finishing up anyway and didn't really have plans or something... Well I did plan to do something. Can't do nothing but..." Midori's flow of words stopped and faded away as she stared to the man. "So yeah." She finished.

Nodding as return to her salute, Satoshi replied back. "At ease," he said in a mild amused tone, "I was hoping to have a talk with you. Not going to last all day, but if you have urgent tasks you wish to acomplish today then I will try to keep things short," Satoshi said. He briefly glanced at the tent she was setting up. It occured to him that they perhaps could use some help, but from what he could discover from a glance was that they didn't seem to be doing bad. That and he wasn't the best when it came down to setting up a tent, in his opinion.

"I was hoping to learn how your team is doing. Next to asking some questions regarding," a brief pause occured as the commander was clearly pondering on how to phrase it without being offensive, "Let's just say that I never had the pleasure of working with a jinchuriki. I have heard a thing or two, but can't say that I am comfortable on relying on mere rumours and gossip. Figured it would be wise to know a thing or two before I deploy your team and let you got to waste."

How her team was doing? She honestly had no idea. Reyna seemed better now that Gyuki was no longer in control of her body though she had wanted to talk about something and they hadn't gotten around to discussing it yet. And Kaya... Kaya had been distant. Which was what she usually was, but it felt different. Besides what could she really know? She had spend forever locked away in her own mind - which was something Mister Jun didn't know and didn't need to know - what could she possibly know about her teammates? "Eh..." she said. "They are not hurt." Which honestly was the truth. They seemed to do fine health wise. "Yeah they are doing fine. I think. I mean, I can't look in their heads of course." Or could she? She had had a conversation with Isobu who was living in Reyna's stomach. That was almost the same.

Her attention drifted away again, like it did so much these days. She snapped back to attention when Mister Jun finished his sentence. "Wait, what? Are you saying that deploying my team means that we'd die? I might be a new leader to a team, but my team is awesome. They will not 'go to waste' or something." She gave the commander a stern look, seemingly forgetting for a moment that it was not her business to lecture him. She didn't comment on the topic of jinchuuriki. The less she could talk about that whole deal the better. Hopefully he would fail to notice with her talk about her team.

His right eyebrow slightly moved up as Satoshi listened to Midori. "No, that would be perhaps be... interesting," the man stated as he wouldn't pause for too long, "But do you think that your team is ready for another assignment? We haven't heard or encountered any hostiles, but I find it too risky to send out a team that has quite a lot of value. Certainly if a larger group than your team almost got slaughtered by an ambush," the commander stated. He understood that it wasn't perhaps the prettiest question, certainly not for a person who wasn't being a team leader for a long time. How long had it been that he had taken such questions as offense when being put in a position to lead others.

"Cause I will need capable and... awesome," Satoshi slowly phrased with an apologising smile, "Teams to be able to do their work. However, I am not used to work with Jinchuriki. ANBU? More or less. Black Guard members? Been one myself, so I know how they operate and I like to think that most soldiers and shinobi don't differ that much. But jinchuriki," a soft sigh escaped the commander. Shifting his weight down from one to another leg, he shook his head. "I only know so much by rumours."

"There is nothing different about us." Midori cut in. "Nothing." She send the commander a devestating look. Sure they carried a monster inside of them and sure, that monster was dangerous, but that didn't mean that the human that carried the monster was any different. If anything Midori felt like she was the least capable person on this whole expedition right now. What had she actually achieved? She had put her whole team in jeopardy. That was what she had achieved. Great. Good job. "What is the difference between one soldier and another soldier?" she asked the man before her, the same look still in her eyes. "The one has lightning release and the other has water. Or the one has no nature. Or the one has a bijuu in his stomach. There is no difference in the soldier. There is only a difference in his strengths and weaknesses. Which there is with all soldiers."

He let her talk. The man understood that he didn't know her or knew anything of what it was to be a jinchuriki. The rumours and tales he had heard about them made him pity and be wary of them. Seeing Midori like this made him worry a bit more, but he understood that the topic could be sensetive for her. "Well spoken, captain," he said, using a formal title as subtle hint together with a slight sterner voice, "But I hope that you will understand that for somebody in my position that knowing is truly half the battle. I know some of those men and women. Fought and bled with them before. Can't say that I know every soldier and shinobi that accompany us on this campaign, I will be that frank. And while it is true that there is nothing fundamentally different with us all, there is something different between a soldier and a shinobi with a jinchuriki. Or unless the rumour that a bijuu can break loose or cause the host to go on a rampage aren't true? Was hoping you could inform me if there are any risks or matters I need to be aware off." He did still speak in a calm manner, but hoped that the message was clear for the teen.

She could just lie. Tell him there were no risks with her or Reyna. She could tell him that she had it all under control and that she was there to make sure that Reyna was also under control. Did this guy even know Reyna was a jinchuuriki? The thought crossed her mind in a flash as she listened to him speak. He had singled her out. Not Reyna. So maybe he wasn't even aware that there were two jinchuuriki's in this team. Which, honestly, would be for the better. Reyna needed time to figure this out by herself. She herself had needed that time and honestly war was a stupid time to do that. But there was no other choice. So she should lie and state that everything was okay, but... By doing that wouldn't she endanger everyone around her as well? Because honestly there was a difference between her and the other soldiers. Not in person. But there was that tiny little fact that she might not have as much control over the beast as she hoped and to speak for Reyna... well Midori was pretty sure that Isobu wasn't at all happy with his position.

Midori's gaze dropped to her feet.

"I..." she started. "They are true. I mean the rumours. They are true. Sometimes. Not that that has ever mattered. People believe the rumours anyway. So yes, if you send me out you have a tiny chance that I will go on a rampage and destroy everything. Or possibly hide in the darkness again for weeks. Who can tell." She shuddered but continued. "I guess that is something you have to decide. If you are willing to take that risk. I can rage and rampage and destroy and kill without being able to stop it. Ain't I a wonderful weapon." She found it difficult to hide the sarcasm that had slipped into her voice though she still stubbornly refused to look the man in the eyes. "But my team is ready, sir. To go out there again. With or without me I guess in case you are not willing to take the risk. Which is fair. I wouldn't."

Leaning his left hand on the hilt of his sword Satoshi considered what she had told him. He didn't want to take any risks. Certainly not with being responsible for the entire forces on the campaign, but also because he was not keen on seeing how devestating a rampaging jinchuriki could be on the field. A moment of silence thus followed Midori's words as Satoshi briefly looked away, at his right. "I see," he mumbled at first, formulating his thoughts and weighing the decisions he had to take.

"Very well," he began with returning his gaze back on the specialised jounin, "I rather have you not be on a rampage and judging by your manner of doing, doubt you have taken a liking to it. Am a bit curious what you mean with hiding in the dark, but I promised that I would keep it short. While jinchuriki are seen as weapons, I prefer to see you as the captain of this squad. Unless you disagree, captain?" The man asked, a certain sense of a friendly challenge being present in his phrasing.

Midori looked up to the commander. It was easy to say that she agreed, but did she? If life as a jinchuuriki had proved anything it was that one, people used you to get the result that they wanted and two, that people around you would most likely get hurt either by you or by people that wanted to get to you. She would love to be the captain of her squad. She loved her teammembers even though she still missed the old ones that she had to leave behind on the way. But hadn't the whole ordeal before proven that she was a shitty captain? She had left her team when they had needed it most. She had allowed herself to be kidnapped, had send everyone on a wild goose chase after her and then had proceeded to spend some weeks stuck in her own mind. Those were not the credentials of a good squad leader. Neither Nobushige nor Natsuki had been like that. They had been strong, sure of themselves and they had always been there for her when she needed it. What had she done again? Oh yeah, she had made Reyna cry and she had driven Kaya away somehow.

There was a long silence after Satoshi's question. Finally she said: "I would prefer that. But I am not sure if my preference matters."

The commander chuckled as response on her words before answering. "In a normal situation, no. Your preference wouldn't matter much, but I can't lie and tell you that this is a normal situation. There for the reason that I wanted to speak to you. Most troops look up to you, speak highly of you and regard you as a true hero. Am not sure how you feel about it, but most of them are still green behind their ears," realising that this phrase was perhaps not one that the teen was used to Satoshi would clear his throat. "They haven't seen any grim battle or been long on a campaign. With some of the hostile encounters I need to have people who can give a good example. If you would prefer to help not only me, but everybody in this camp and army out then that would be great. If you wouldn't prefer that," A pause followed his words.

"Then I am afraid that I can't do anything else but accept that. Jinchuriki or not, there is only so much I can order and tell you to do. So, it is all up to you now. I need a captain who can lead a team that is being described as 'awesome'. And from what I can tell is that you don't like to be called or seen as something... else, correct?"

Ah, of course. The man didn't just drop by to see if her team was okay and if she was stable and all. There was a catch, of course there was. He wanted her to play the heroine that Asami created that one day when everything went wrong. For a moment she had honestly hoped that he wanted nothing of her except to know how she was doing. But no, he needed that hero. And sure she could understand his reasons, but she was also sure that he had no idea what being a 'hero' was like especially if you honestly weren't one and you had nothing to do with that whole ordeal. If there was anything she hated then it was that title that people had given her that day. Her mother had told her once that she had to embrace it, but for her it only reminded her of how much it had hurt to gain that title. Besides, helping everyone? How much pressure was that?

"It is an empty title that doesn't mean anything," she said softly. "I don't understand why people keep clinging to it especially since no one knows what really happened anyway. I mean what do they even... How do they... They can't expect..." She took a deep breath to stop herself from ranting and to help calm herself down. "I can be a captain of an awesome team, because they don't need me to be awesome. Yet I can lead it. Probably. Maybe. But I am not sure if I can be the hero that they think I am because I am pretty sure I am nowhere near close to the image that they have in their heads of me. They think I did this amazing thing and saved everyone, but that is not true so how can I pretend I did that? Should I lie?"

Perhaps he was asking too much of her? As before, Satoshi waited patiently to let her talk. There was a faint indication, or so he thought, that she had nobody to talk about this all. But he doubted that he was the person she could approach to speak what troubled her. What did he also know of being a hero? There was only one person who looked up to him like that and that had proven difficult for him. She had many more 'supporters' who looked up to her. And she didn't seem neither old enough to carry that burden alone or willing to do so. "Good, good. Let's start with one step at a time then, captain Sato. If you can lead this team then that is already one great task you're helping me with." The man said, the tone of his voice less stern than before. "As for the hero, I don't know honestly how you can do that. Only person who ever regarded me as a hero is a small girl who thinks that there is a monster underneath her bed. One that I can't sadly slay every evening from where we are now," Satoshi said, glancing briefly at his left.

"If you want my advise, then don't do anything you're not comfortable with. Don't lie if you think it won't help. Perhaps you will let people down, but perhaps you will surprise yourself in time. Am wondering if you truly can kill a man with just frowning or invoke thunder from the sky with a mere battle cry, but I am all open to be positively surprised, captain Sato." After the light hearted comment Satoshi decided that this was probably enough, for today, regarding the topic of jinchuriki. There were other topics he still need to bring up to her, after all. "I don't like to ask too many things, but I do have a person who I want to put into your team. She has proven herself to be a capable kunoichi and has managed to gain the respect of most troops. Not certain if you have heard about the two Slayers, but if you would allow it, I think one of them would make a fine addition to your team."

Don't do anything you are not comfortable with? Well if that was the case she would go home now and would drag Reyna with her. Home to the Sato clan, not to the village. But surely that wasn't an option. The little line about his daughter did make Midori smile every so slightly. She remembered her own monsters very well. Her dad would always chase them over the grasslands. So far away he would chase them that they wouldn't be able to return until the next night.

"Wait... people say that?" she said perplexed at Satoshi's words. Kill a man with frowning? That was ridiculous. Slightly funny too. Who had come up with that nonsense? "Is there an actual person who can do that? Because that sounds amazing. Sorry to disappoint though, there is no way I can do that." She tried to keep her tone upbeat.

And then he requested to give her a new teammember. Because she didn't have enough trouble with Kaya already. At the same time maybe this person could become friends with Kaya so that the girl wouldn't be alone all the time. "I have never heard of the Slayers. What did they slay?" she asked, having been way too out of touch with the world to know anything that really happened. "But I mean... sure I am fine with that. I am technically supposed to lead a team of 3 people anyway and I only have 2. Maybe that was the whole problem after all, having two instead of three... I mean not that we have problems, because we are awesome..."

He nodded as a smile was drawn to his lips. "That they do. And I have heard more, but I doubt that there is anybody who is capable of that. Wouldn't, at least, be something I desire." Satoshi replied. When she asked about the Slayers and what they had slain, Satoshi's right hand was raised as the man rubbed his chin for a moment. "Well, I wasn't there when it all happened. The reports are... grim, but from what everybody agreed upon was that it was something armoured. Walking and looking like a human, but had a certain ice cold vibe. The person that I want to assign under your command and care was the first to charge and face this opponent. Only being aided by a genin, they managed to bring this opponent down. We don't have anything else but some armour and the weapon people have seen the... thing with." Satoshi thought about the dreadful design of the armour and weapon. It had a certain unknown presence that had made him feel uncomfortable, even if no fierce opponent was wearing or using it.

"And good. Am not sure if there is anything you want to request, but I assume you want some time to let your team settle down before heading out again?" Satoshi asked, though he already was thinking of one more thing he could ask her. Something that he was wondering about.

"That would be nice." There was a brief pause before she added "sir" as a sort of after thought. She wasn't sure what to think of the strange story of the Slayers. So they killed something but no one knew what it was? Then how did they know that the Slayers were actually that amazing? She was not the one to usually question fancy stories with exciting monsters, but knowing how her own title came along Midori was slightly wary about this other one. Then again it didn't matter. Maybe if she had a Slayer in her team people would forget that she was there too. Though that was unlikely... But it was always good to dream. "I have nothing else to request."

"Good," he thought once more about what he wanted to ask her. It wouldn't do their cause much good, but at this point he realised that he could use all the help that he could muster. "It might be rumours and I don't wish to appear as the wife of the cabbage man, fond of gossips and rumours, but is it true that you have a certain... link with the Empress of Akino?" He asked, deciding to add something to his question. "The empire had signed the treaty to join this joint campaign. Can't boast that I know anybody from the empire, but it would be good to have somebody who could from time to time help to represent the north."

Midori raised her eyebrows. She had figured that it was common knowledge by now but apparently people were more likely to talk about how she could invoke thunder with a battlecry than they were about how she and the Empress of the Akinian Empire were related. That was... strange. "Yes..." she said slowly still not believing that Commander Jun didn't know this. "Kiyomi- I mean, Her Grace is my half sister. We have the same dad. But I mean I don't see how that will help. Kiyo- Her Grace is not going to be on the battlefield during the join campaign I am sure. From what I understood they keep her in that palace of hers."

"Can't say that I pity that. If one jinchuriki can bring down lightning from the sky with a battle cry then I fear that Akemi, lord of the heavens, won't be pleased when two jinchuriki of great stature and fame will shout battle cries together." Though he was thinking about what this could mean for the campaign and the imminent arrival of the imperial forces from the west. "And alright. Wanted to be certain if that wasn't just another rumour. Haven't heard yet who the Empire will send, but I am hoping that you could help me now and then to persuade them to support our cause. The more help we have, the sooner we are done here and thus the earlier we can go back home. If you have some link or ties to their empress, perhaps when they don't wish to listen to me, they might be more eager to listen a captain of an awesome team?"

Once again, the catch. It wasn't a normal question it was a question if she could help him out with his problem because she just so happened to be in a position of power in some way. Though honestly she doubted that the Empire would send more people just because the half sister of the Empress was requesting it. That sounded ludicrous. "Sure, yeah..." Midori said her eyes cast away from the man before her again. For a moment she had thought that he might be just interested, but no that wasn't it. "I am sure I can try. Doubt that it will work." She muttered the last sentence under her breath. There was no one else in Konoha that she really knew besides Kiyomi. She had met Zakito Hon, the fake Hokage, and she knew Kensuke Nimatsu who she honestly never wanted to see again for now. The only person that had really taken the time to care for her in Konoha was dead. He was not coming to help her out this time.

"Never tried is never succeeding. Or well, something like that," Satoshi stated. Nodding, he could say that he was content. Hopefully, with her aid he could make certain that some obstacles he had been struggling with could be dealt with. Or perhaps vanish by some mere chance of luck. "Then unless you have any questions for me, I have to pay a visit to Lady Sanosuke. Seems that the camp is becoming a site for renowned nin and troops these days, eh?"

Midori froze as Satoshi dropped Asami's name so casually in the conversation. Asami Sanosuke was in the camp. Midori's eyes shot around as if she expected that the woman would be right next to Satoshi all of a sudden. "N-no questions," she quickly stated. She shook her head. Now that she knew that that woman was here she wanted this man to leave. Surely Asami would want to speak with the commander and thus she would come looking for him. If that was the case Midori had to get away from Satoshi as fast as possible. "I'll get back to my tent and my team and everything and then you can be free to call me in for a mission later or something. Don't let me keep you from your meeting," she said all in one breath, half way turning around again before realizing she had to salute. So she turned back, saluted and then kneeled to pick her blanket back up before turning around back to her tent.

Frowning, Satoshi wanted to ask what was wrong. The sudden shift made it obvious that he had either said something or caused her to grow this nervous and eager to see him going. While his lips already parted to ask the question, the commander decided against it. "Alrighty, take care for now captain Sato," he told her before he turned to walk away. The man did throw a look over his shoulder, still confused and surprised on the sudden shift, but soon enough he was already occupied with getting to the tents where the medical staff had taken their positions.
[/spoili][/fieldbox]

Reactions: ChromeHound
[fieldbox=Training in the rain,color=White]

Masami Hyuuga
Konohagakure Chuunin
Team 9

Flashback

The entire situation was weird. Masami was standing in the rain, not moving as she waited for her teammates. Despite not moving, she was not feeling cold. She felt as if she could see every single drop that falls in front of her eyes, how they landed on the ground, in puddles. Of course she knew ther was no way she could see them all. But she liked the idea of being able to see them all. Perhaps, with sufficient training ... lots of it ... one day ...

Her string of thoughts was interrupted by the arrival of Kouta. The boy did not made much of a greeting, so Masami responded in kind and gave him only a wave of her hand. A few minutes of utter silence passed and Shikaroku showed up. Masami felt a weird sensation in her stomach as she spotted the young Nara boy and ran her hands through her hair sometimes.

Great, Masami. You finally get to see him and you look like this ...

" H-hello, Shikaroku-san. " was her nervous reply. And you even stuttered! She felt herself blush so hard that her cheeks could literally evaporate the drops of rain landing on her cheeks. Despite every part of her mind screaming no to do so, she slowly walked the few steps between the two of them and was now standing next to Shikaroku. " I ... I am glad to see you again, Shika. "

She made sure only the two of them could hear it.
And maybe Hiron-Sensei.

She then faced her teacher and looked him in the eyes.
" Looks like Team 9 has gathered, Sensei. Shall we train in the rain? "

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Yoshikuni Sadako, #1589FF"]
Amegakure Team 11 Chuunin | Akinian Empire | Amegakure

Summary
After being released from prison, Kuni goes to check on things. She finds something is amiss.

[spoili]
Kuni was in the prison for several days. Six days? Something about that. Nearly a week spent in jail. She wondered how can people survive mentally spending time there for more than a week. She figured she would've lost it if she had been there any longer. But luckily Eiji had come and requested her release. She later found out there was a quite a bit that happened while she was behind bars. Riots in the streets, people blaming the shinobi for everything that happened in the post office, Hoshi stepping down from her role as Jounin Commander, and now people were making more demands.

Walking in the streets with a hood covering her head, she slightly wished this wasn't the case, but Eiji requested from her to be extra careful if she really had to leave his house. With the knowledge that she was released from prison being spread out, his concern was clear. People showed clearly they still did not appreciate the shinobi presence, and that was before the fact she was the village's Jinchuuriki. While she knew she could probably escape the regular civilians should they try and attack her, it was the shinobi that did not approve of her that made her a bit more concerned.

As her mind kept running over possible situations, she looked from under her hood and stopped in her tracks. She could clearly see the sign for Sadako's Raining Tea Library, but it had been completely blacked out with spray, bits of which were washed away by the rain. Then on the window, in bright green, was written 'monster'. People in the village were just as consistent as she was about not letting them get to her. Noting to herself to clean both of those, she approached the door, and that was when she noticed it.

The door was unlocked.

Looking inside through the clear door, Kuni couldn't see any indications of anyone being in there. She slowly opened the door, looking everywhere around to make sure there were no traps set. But as she finished getting inside, nothing happened. Perhaps it was just one of her employees that forgot to lock the door after checking something? That was a possibility, although with the graffiti it made her doubtful.

Making sure the door was locked behind her, she looked around. Something felt off about the place, beyond the graffiti and the door that was unlocked. She had been absent for six days, yet the place gave a completely wrong vibe from it. Approached one of the chairs to put it against the ground, she found that it broke into piece as soon as she tried to pick it up from being on a table. That shouldn't happen with a chair that is only a few weeks old. Checking more chairs, she found many, not all, had very loose screws, or entirely missing nails. This had to have been someone's work.

Now that she knew something was up, Kuni went to the kitchen. A single step in, and she heard a crunch which made her shiver. It was the crunch of a bug being squashed by a foot, but one she did not expect to hear. She made Yuri ensure the place was clean from bugs, and to always have little scent spreaders that would lure the bugs away. Yet upon looking inside, she could see many cockroaches scatter away, and hear a lot of hidden ones. There was no way they manifested out of no where, and it was impossible, even for bugs, to procreate at a pace that would allow them to make these amount of numbers and grow within a week. Something was greatly off.

Someone saw that going at her directly wasn't going to work, so instead they decided to go at the place she worked hard to make.

As she started to think about how to take care of this, and who would be appropriate to deal with these number of cockroaches, she heard the entrance door bell ring, despite the fact she locked the door behind her. Quickly getting out of the kitchen, she saw Yuri, her kitchen employee, with two other men. Yuri appeared worried while the two men appeared very full of themselves, and very judgemental.

"Kuni! I-I heard you got out of jail, didn't think you would come here so soon" Yuri said in a slightly shaken voice, and one of the men patted him on the back "Now now, no need to be worried, you are simply following the law. A health and security inspection of any public establishment may be performed by the appropriate office at random, without warning in advance. Due to you not being around at the time, we contacted one of your employees, miss Sadako. If I had known you were being released, I would've contacted you myself." The man said, and the offered his hand to shake.

"I am Sebil Xerneas, inspector on behalf of the Health Department of Amegakure. My accomplice is Turnbull Yveltal, also an inspector from the Health Department of Amegakure. Due to this establishment being opened and run active for some time now, we have decided to conduct a full inspection of the place prior to its opening hours, and in a few days to arrive and conduct an inspection of the food that is being served. However, I can already say that this establishment does not give a very promising vibe." Xerneas said, and Yveltal nodded in agreement.

Kuni grabbed his hand and shook it, although she took no pleasure in meeting him. The entire thing was too much by now. Unlocked door, kitchen full of roaches, furniture being completely insecure and now they arrive. Someone was setting up the place to be closed via official means, and unfortunately, with her "popularity", it could be anyone with the proper connections or deep pockets. As Xerneas and Yveltal started to look around, Yuri approached her "I'm really sorry, Yveltal showed up at my door and just shoved a notice at me last night. If I didn't do as it said, I would've made the place be shut down immediately." He told her, and she grabbed his arm in return "You did what you thought was right. You can go, I'll take care of this." She told him. After receiving a very concerned look from him, Yuri left. Kuni looked at them as Yveltal grabbed a chain, which immediately broke down into pieces "Oh dear. This is not looking good." Xerneas said upon seeing this, and Yveltal nodded.

The two inspectors stayed there for several hours, looking deeply into every corner and hole they could find, constantly taking notes and asking Kuni questions, half of which she could not answer for because they were about things they found at the exact same time as her. This felt like not someone, but a group of people were really dedicated in making sure no one supported a shinobi who was also a jinchuuriki, or a monster.

By the end of the inspection, Kuni's spirit was almost broken, while Yveltal took his final notes and Xerneas looked at Kuni "Well, I believe we have everything we need. I probably don't need to tell you how this place seems, and what its fate will most likely be, but I will tell you this." Xerneas then bent over slightly to have his eyes directly in front of hers "Sometimes, things just aren't meant to be. Your mother was successful because she knew how to do all the right actions, and who to approach. It seems that is a trait you did not get from her, which is a pity, but then again no person is exactly like their parents. Perhaps you could learn to take others advice." He finished speaking and rose back up, with Yveltal nodding in agreement for the final time.

As they opened the door, it fell over, with the glass from it wobbling upon hitting the ground "Oh dear. That's another thing you should fix. Goodbye, miss Sadako." Was the final thing she heard, and a few moments later she was alone. The rain managed to barely get inside through the now open hatch, as Kuni looked around her. That jab regarding her mother made her want to punch Xerneas, but instead she pinched herself hard. She was trying to turn all of the emotional, mental pain into physical pain, but instead she felt both types of pain.

Going outside and putting the door back in its hatch, Kuni locked it twice and hope it wouldn't blow open if a hard wind came. She then started walking away, her face towards the ground, wondering if it was possible for the earth to swallow her without using her technique, to allow her to be on her own for just a bit.

To cry without fearing that anyone would see her.
[/spoili][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Yoshikuni Sadako, #1589FF"]
Amegakure Team 11 Chuunin | Akinian Empire | Amegakure

Silence Shows Wisdom
A brief collab with Gerontis

Summary
Kuni attempts to talk to Son-Goku.

[spoili]
"Son-Goku? I know that I am probably interrupting your rest, and that our last conversation ended on a poor note, but I was hoping I could attempt to make up for it in some way," Kuni said with her eyes closed "Although I still cannot do what I said I will do. I am being constantly observed and I will be stopped if I even attempt to do what I said I will do, not to mention that if I do it within the village there is a big risk of you being caught again, and I don't know if the person who placed the seal did not leave anything that may prevent me from opening it. So until I know everything and can make uphold my promise in the best way for both of us, I was hoping to know if there is any other way for me to apologize for how the talk went." She finished speaking, hoping the beast would not remain silent like he normally does at the beginning.

It remained silent. Son did, in fact, hear what Kuni stated, but the beast knew he had been right. It was what he had anticipated, this human wouldn't follow her word. It was a shame as he had knew sages who could keep their words, but perhaps it was a natural trait that humans had to overcome before they could really ignore their deceitful nature? Possibly.

And the silence was there, just as she had thought. It seemed like every conversation they had started this way. Her talking and him being quiet, until she basically pestered him enough to get a response from him. It made her think she was nothing more but a fly that he is constantly trying to get rid of, only allowing her to pester him slightly every now and then as he knew it would give him a bit of silence later. Biting her lower lip, she pondered if she should say anything else. Maybe she should just leave the silence as it is, not knowing if he even heard her words. If he did, then he would know that she wished to apologize to him. But if he didn't, then she might've just spoken to a brick wall. She decided to wait further, trying to hear his breathing, or anything that would indicate he was paying some sort of attention to her.

Several moments later, there was still nothing. Complete silence. She grasped the notebook in front of her in a much more fierce manner, before letting go of it completely, dropping it on the table "if I needed to recall your words, then I was a lying little shit. Someone who kept saying they wish to understand you, to tear the tag off and release you, but never did so. Well, you are right, I'm not doing it, but not because I don't want to. It is because I can't. The moment I touch the tag, others will jump me, and then who knows what may happen. They could open the seal and move you to someone else, someone they will fully control, and you will never hear of a chance to escape ever again. I will probably be thrown in a prison for good, if not executed for endangering everyone around me.

I want to release you, Son-Goku, but I can't do it just anywhere. I need a plan. I need to know that when I release you, we will go our separate ways and never need to even think about each other. It will probably be easy for you, but it won't be for me if I see you be captured, or if someone tries to capture you immediately after I released you. I figure you do not care for my fate, but I care about yours. I want you to see the places you enjoyed being at again. To never need to be pestered by humans like me again, and only talk to the living beings who you deem are worthy.

I need a plan, but I lack the intelligence to form one. I need help in order to form one, and I was hoping you, with your long time of dealing with pestering shinobi, knowledge of nature and so much more, could help me form a plan. It will take time, of that I'm certain, but at least we will do it right. I will make sure you are set free, no matter what the cost ends up being for me.

Now please say something. Anything, to let me know you've heard me. Because if you stay quiet, then I'll assume perhaps you prefer being in a cage, inside an overly energetic, young and clueless teenager who has no idea what she will do with her life."

Still silence. Either Son-Goku was in a deep slumber and she just couldn't hear his snores, or he is being adamant regarding his opinion of her. Either way, Kuni opened her eyes and looked at the notebook in front of her. She tore a page out of it and tossed it to the garbage bin. The paper hit the edge and landed to the side of the bin, but she didn't care right now. Kuni got up from Fiji's guest room table and went to land face first on the bed. Nothing was going right today. Nothing. She most likely just lost the place she owned, meaning her employees also lost one of their work places, or their only workplace if they didn't have any other. And now this stupid beast refused to listen or answer. She started punching the bed several times before stopping.

"Stupid Son-Goku, being arrogant as hell. Guess you are a giant monkey just like you appear. I suppose that if I went to see you I'd get a plentiful of poop to my face." She mumbled to herself. Still no response. Moving to make herself a bit more comfortable on the bed, Kuni punched the bed several more times. Closing her eyes again, she pondered slightly on what would really happen when she opened the seal as she fell asleep.
[/spoili][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="A talk, green"]
A collab between Oetje and Roran Hawkins
Konohagakure Hospital

Meilin meets Sachiko and they have an interesting talk about the green dork.
Today was worse. In a way that it was busier. Walking back and forth, dealing with all kind of people Meilin had few and small breaks. Unlike the previous time, it seemed that she was more in need to apply her medical technique to mend some wounds and bruises. It was mostly folk who were busy from the construction sites. What they were exactly building wasn't something Meilin had figured out yet between the short, informal talks. Most of the cases weren't entirely bad either, but there were the usual sick people who wanted to be treated or brought a relative, friend or just a person that they considered in need of some help.
Several times Meilin wondered what the world would be without chakra. How they would try to treat and aid so many people without being able to turn to medical ninjutsu to fasten progress or render small cases, wounds and ills away.
Not that she could finish any thought as she didn't want to look as if she was slackened off. For all, she knew there could be a real punishment being in wait if she would mess this chance up.

Finally, a break was announced for her and several others as some other personnel would take over. A soft sigh escaped her lips together with some mumbled words in the language of her people, before taking a seat. Watching how a man was supporting an old woman, who was brought in Meilin already assumed that it was likely the approaching winter that was the cause of many's visits to the hospital. Flue and what weren't a bad thing for adults, but some of the senior could really grow ill and without any help it could turn to much worse.
Reaching to her small bag, in which she had various matters from home, the teen would pull out a bottle with water. There had been the slight temptation to see if she couldn't afford herself some cold, sweet Cho tea, but for now, she had to watch her funds. With winter approaching and the uncertainty of her family, Meilin wasn't eager to spend more than she had to. Just so that she wouldn't get in trouble with her and her little sister's rent and other vital cases.
Bringing the lid of the bottle to her lips the teen would take a sip. Only to observe how other medical personnel were treating the people who were sent to the department. Making Meilin wonder when she would be allowed to help or send over to the more serious cases than the light ones that she was seeing and dealing with.

Every time he returned here it felt less weird to come here, although he sensed he'd never really grow accustomed to it entirely. This place carried too many memories for it to be 'just another place'. With swift steps he made his way through the entry desk, nodded at the ward who winked at hime, that sly old man. He glanced over the central hall and spotted a door opening, revealing someone he knew. Someone who knew. He increased the pace of his steps and fled into the corridors that led to Doctor Kenji for another lesson in humiliation and medical ninjutsu.

Taking another sip of her water Meilin lowered her bottle. It was interesting how not every case was dealt with medical ninjutsu. Which made sense. You didn't want to make people believe that medical ninjutsu could solve everything. Or that was what she assumed to be the reason.
Glancing to the side for a moment Meilin frowned. Eyeing a tall blonde man that eyed familiar, it took a moment before Meilin knew who it was. What brought Kensuke here? Was he perhaps send over or seeking treatment? Curious, Meilin noticed that he was heading her way.
"Hey, odd place--"
He walked just past her. Blinking twice rapidly Meilin watched how he walked further, causing her to wonder why he had chosen to ignore her.
"Someone is certainly grumpy... or deaf..." Meilin muttered to herself, frowning slightly as she would take another sip of her water.

She sighed as he ran into the halls for his training. It was sort of pitiful really. She noticed the new girl looked at him go with some sort of recognition too. Clutching her cup of steaming coffee she sat down next to her on the bench. "Meilin right? I'm Sachiko, I think I've seen you working around here a fair few times." She introduced herself. She shook her rebellious brown curls back behind her ears and sipped her coffee with a shudder of relief.

Turning her head as somebody near her spoke up her name, Meilin noticed that somebody had decided to join her.
"Yes? That is me," the teen answered back, "And yeah, I work here from time to time."
The teen decided to not state it didn't really work, but trivial details could stall a possible conversation she wagered. It was a little bit frustrating that the other knew who she was while she hadn't any idea who the other was. Turning slightly more to face the young woman, Meilin offered a free hand.
"Pleasure to meet you... Miss?"

She extended her hand with a warm smile. "Sachiko. I've been working here for just over a year now." She said. "You reminded me of being new here myself, and it was a little bit scary back then. Besides, it's nice to have a friend around here." She continued with the same contagious cheerfulness. "How long have you been working here now?"

Surprised at Sachiko's friendly approach, Meilin nodded at first. She hadn't anticipated that anybody would be interested or would approach her as a friend. Or perhaps she meant it in another way, such as some small advice that having a friend here could be only beneficial?
"Yeah, I suppose so. Have been working here for... a week or so now?"
She couldn't be too certain, still a bit surprised. Managing to shake it off and regaining her composure, Meilin would speak up again.
"A year, huh? Must have seen and experienced then already quite something. Seeing how busy this place can be, right?"

"Just a week?! Is this part of internship or are you volunteering?" She asked, overflowing with curiosity. When Meilin commented about being experienced she shook her head. "To be honest, I haven't seen that much in this year. It's been relatively quiet if I'm to believe the doctors. It was far worse during my own internship. Fortunately I just missed the entire crisis following the Shoji-oppression. I heard many were lost because of the prohibition."

"A certain internship, yes," Meilin said at first. She wondered now more than ever how she should see this but decided that viewing it as a certain internship could be more positive.
"Most likely," a short pause followed as the teen wondered if she should ask a question in return, "But you're always assigned to this department?"

Sachiko raised both eyebrows as she thought of the different wards she'd worked at. "I've worked at many for my internship. I've worked at emergency cases, at post-operative care, heck, even at the maternity ward." She said with a giggle. "Currently I spend most of my time here, although I do assist doctor Kenji during serious operations of all kinds." Sachiko said. "What about you? Only worked here so far?"

"Oh, impressive," Meilin said as she meant it. It probably took some time and study to be allowed to work in such areas and being able to help.
"Currently I do some work here, yeah. Considering that I am not near ready or knowledgeable to work in more serious wards or departments, think I will stick here for some time."
At least, she hoped that by now. The amount of responsibility that she imagined one had in emergency cases were a bit too much.
"And is he your teacher, this doctor Kenji?"

"He was my teacher during my internship. But he'll probably always see me as his pupil. Then again, I keep learning new stuff from him so I guess it's true in a sense." She said. "He's not too bad. What about you? Who are you working with? I mean, I've seen you around but we haven't had the chance to chat much."

"Heh, guess teachers have a habit of doing that." Though she hoped that nobody would forever see her as a pupil. Then again, who even saw her as a pupil? She couldn't be too certain, given the brief thought.
"Oh," she said as she wasn't expecting that the question would be returned - somehow, "I haven't... well, I guess that I am assigned to the care of mister Chang. Though he is occupied today, so it is more or less working on my own and if I can't help somebody then I am required to call somebody else in."
After saying that Meilin felt anything but great. Perhaps she should've phrased that in a different manner?

Sachiko titled her head and thought for a moment. "Doctor Chang huh? Don't really know him. I heard he's a bit weird, but that's just talk I guess." She said and then suddenly sat up. "Well if you're bored you can always help me work with Doctor Kenji. If you want to at least. Then we can look at how that tall guy messes up all the time too." She said, coming to one of the reasons why she started speaking to this shy girl.

For a moment Meilin wondered how Sachiko didn't know the man, but she wouldn't pursue it. Just flashing a smile, she would listen to what Sachiko said.
"Thanks! I will take that into consideration," she answered. Wondering for a moment she decided to ask about a part of Sachiko's comment.
"Do you mean the tall guy who walked by just a few moments past by any chance?"

"Yes! Him!" She said. "Do you know him by any chance? He's been coming here for the past week pretty much every other day to work with Doctor Kenji." She said.

Kensuke came here to work with a doctor? On what? Why?
"I worked with him, can't really say that I know him well," was her answer as she threw a glance in the direction she had seen Kensuke gone to.
"Didn't know that he did charity work," Meilin said, attempting to joke as well hope to learn more of what the Nimatsu was doing with this doctor Kenji.

"Well, it's not exactly charity work. He's learning medical ninjutsu from Doctor Kenji." She replied. "And he - I mean, I've known him from my internship here when he was a patient here, but he's far better at it than I expected he'd be." She paused to take a sip and then offered Meilin a conspiratory grin. "Far from the real thing of course!"

Flashing a smile, Meilin wondered why the jounin had decided to start medical ninjutsu. Though she was aware that she wasn't close or could even state she knew him, the teen couldn't see Kensuke much as a person who would be interested in the field of medical ninjutsu. Then again, her reason to be interested in it wasn't that 'justified' or glorious either.
"Heh," she thought of something, "That is interesting to know. Didn't expect him to study medical ninjutsu. He always came over... stoic. Can't imagine him yet to patch somebody up, you know?"

"Well, I mean, I did learn him most of the things he knows of first aid, and he knows quite a bit." She said, slightly less upbeat, but then seemed to shake it off. "I even insisted he should since he kept getting himself injured on missions. Did you know he once came here with a broken sword stuck through his arm?" She sighed after uttering those words. "He patched himself up well enough to get home each and every time, but I suppose it's a good thing he's trying to learn to fix problems in the field more indefinitely."

"Oh," she said while listening further to Sachiko. The idea of Kensuke getting wounded on every mission made her wonder what the reason behind that was. Wasn't he as skilled then as she had assumed? Or was it because he brought himself at risk every time, which wasn't entirely comforting either. Was she now assigned to serve in the squad of somebody who was eager to meet Lord Akumu? To enter his hall bloodied and as soon as he could? Hiding her worries behind a mask of calm expression, Meilin would speak up.
"Sounds better than him coming over every now and then with a weapon plunged in, I wager," she tried to joke, "I mean, a broken sword? Doesn't sounds so pleasant to either have it stuck or needing to remove it."

She nodded. "And he's such a guy about it too. Not even a grunt of pain, just that stupid face when you remove it." She sighed and shook her head. "Either way, break's about over for me. Want to check out with Doctor Kenji or do you still have something you should be doing in here?" Sachiko said after downing the remainder of her coffee.

Thinking about it, Meilin shook her head lightly.
"Thanks, but I am supposed to help here. Perhaps next time," the teen answered. Throwing a glance back made it clear that there was enough to be done anyways for her in this department.
"Was nice to have met you, Sachiko," Meilin said, getting up as well flashing a friendly smile towards the other.
[/fieldbox]

Nishi Hirashima,
ANBU member,
Kirigakure, at the harbour/port.

Walking towards her destination, Nishi glanced at her right. Passing by a bookstore, there was a small group of people talking. While not able to catch on what they said, the facial expression of a man said enough. They were certainly not talking about the last night's Godai match. Growing curious if she could learn some new and interesting gossip, Nishi would continue on walking. Her current assignment wouldn't leave her up to much freedom to take it easy. Neither would the location of where she was going to be one where she had ever found much joy.
Arriving at the port Nishi's nose wrinkled. While the port of Kirigakure was big and well designed, to regulate the traffic as well providing space and chance for the ships to land and sail away without much trouble. The strict watch with the expertise, of most, captains allowed thus for a relative calmness that Nishi hadn't experienced in some other, and smaller, ports.
Seeing the time of the day Nishi wasn't surprised to see a lot of activity in the harbour. Men carrying crates from ships captains giving instructions to their crew and merchants attempting to haggle about prices. Then there was also the faint smell of fishes that did anything but attract Nishi to spend the scarce spare time she had with her vocation in the port. With ease she blended in the crowd, searching for the location she had to go to.
Arriving near a warehouse Nishi's nose wrinkled once more. It was clear that there was fish stored into the warehouse, probably salted before placed away in crates. But this was where her work started. Cause while the Demon Sharks hadn't found anything, that didn't mean that there wasn't any concern if there wasn't anything... fishy about that a genin had found corpses.

In a calm pace, Nishi walked towards the left side of the warehouse. The front entrance was too occupied by men carrying crates and what not. And she doubted that she would be just allowed to snoop around. Walking Nishi threw a subtle glance to spot any potential entrance into the warehouse. It would be best if she wouldn't use any of her techniques or chakra unless necessary. The situation could turn, after all, pretty awkward if a unit from the Demon Sharks would arrest her. Though it would be interesting if they would try it, Nishi thought with a faint smile.
Seeing an open window the woman slowly came to a halt. Being the sole soul that was present in the alley Nishi did throw a look over her shoulder. From what she could notice was that nobody was interested in peeking into the alley or had followed her. The only trouble the remained was how she would get up to reach the open window. It was impossible to just jump and grab herself by the edge of it, seeing it was probably around four meters/thirteen feet high. And without any ladder or possible way to climb up Nishi decided to look if she couldn't get on top of the other building, to the other side. Getting an idea the woman started to walk again.

Crouched, Nishi had managed to get on the rooftop of the other building. Judging from the scent she had caught the woman wanted to get away from it as soon as possible or want to take a bath as soon as she would be done here. Facing the open window the jump wasn't going to be easy. Flexing the fingers of her hands Nishi bite her lower lip.
After a quick look if the coast was clear the ANBU operative readied herself for the jump. A moment of silence passed before she would move. Pushing herself off the edge from her position, her hands moved up.
A soft grunt escaped Nishi as she would collide against the wall. Her fingers quickly grabbing the edge of the window. Pushing her feet quickly against the wall she would manage to keep her position instead of falling like a brick. Pulling herself up to take a quick look Nishi couldn't spot anybody that was nearby. Climbing inside her right hand travelled to her side. Her gloved fingers wrapped around the handle of her tanto.

"Now the next step."

[fieldbox=Advise from two wolves - Part II, #33cccc]
A collab between Alice and Gerontis as well a mystery guest.

Summary :
After her meeting with Zakito, Kiyomi prepares for the feast at the palace. Just before the feast, she has a meeting with Kenta Hon, which brings some worrisome news from the clan lands of the Hon. But so does she get a surprise visitor, who has some news for the young ruler.

[spoili]
As the sky started to darken, a festive atmosphere would be organised at the royal palace. Servants who lightened lanterns, with the canvas being of various colours. Sworn Swords who held the watch and did their patrols as well checking if no invited guest carried any weapons on them. In the large ballroom, there were a few tables where refreshments and delights were placed as various servants walked around with trays to serve the guests. Cheerful music was being played by a large band.

While the first guests were already in the hall where the feast would take place Kiyomi wasn't anywhere near it, yet. Reading her hair the teen stared at herself in the mirror. Somewhere she didn't feel going to the feast. If anything the desire to head out and figure out where the attacker of Hiron was remaining. To know where Keiko and Aimi were taken and to get them back. Narrowing her eyes, the right hand of Kiyomi clenched into a fist. Glancing down she would pick up a small hair brooch. It was made of silver, but it wasn't the material that caused a faint smile on her lips. Lifting the small object up to pin her hair Kiyomi stared at herself in the mirror. A soft sigh escaped her lips before getting up from her hair. The dress she wore wasn't one she favoured. In fact, she rather had some comfortable pair of pants and shirt instead of a dress. Walking the teen was wondering if everybody that was invited would come to the feast or not. Already she had a small list in her mind that she was in need to speak and see this evening. But before Kiyomi could exit her chambers she came to a stop. Slowly turning her head, she threw a glance over her shoulder.

"I take it that this is the moment then?"
"Yes."

The answer came from a corner of the room. Slowly a figure would emerge from the shadows. Garbed in clothing that clearly wasn't meant for a feast, Meisa made a short, elegant bow towards Kiyomi. "Your grace," she said while straightening herself, "Am certain that this is going to be a busy evening for you, but as my work is done I was hoping to apply the effect as well inform you before I will be going."

Turning around to properly face Meisa, Kiyomi eyed the woman. Her sharp eyes didn't catch any visible arguments on the woman. That didn't mean, however, that Meisa was unarmed. If anything Kiyomi would find the woman intimidating if she had her hands tied and being able to reach for a stick. "Before you're going? Has my uncle send you on a mission?" Kiyomi asked, though having a good hunch of what the woman meant with her words.

The ghost of a smile appeared on Meisa's lips. The idea that Zakito would send her on doing what she was going to do was somewhat ironic. "I fear not, your grace. Doubt he would condone what I have in mind, but I must be selfish for some time. Don't think that anybody in the Empire will miss my... presence."

Taking a step towards Meisa, the teen narrowed her eyes. "I disagree. I really do," the teen said in a soft tone, "While I can understand what you desire and want to do, I doubt it is going to help anybody. Blood only begets blood at this point, Lady Ichi," Kiyomi stated, taking another step closer to the woman.

"I fear that is true, your grace, but there is no need to fear. I am well aware of what my actions might cause. There will be a report at the ready for the operations I had planned and are being performed by the ANBU and the Intelligence Division. They are already familiar to listen to either your or your uncle's command, so the lack of my presence won't be causing any problems."

Taking another step Kiyomi stood right in front of Meisa. A moment of silence plagued the room as the jade coloured eyes locked on with those of Meisa. "And what about him? I can look after Mayumi while you both are gone, but I want to know what he will do." She stated with a firm voice.

For a moment Meisa's eyes slightly widened. Staring back into the eyes of the teen in front of her questions raced through Meisa's mind. Only for the surprised expression to be replaced with a growing smile. One that lacked joy. "He will go with me. We won't be gone for long. Already have prepared a plan for you or your uncle to operate to justify his... absence." The woman answered, her right hand moving into a pocket. "I also have this. Wanted to apply and explain how it works before I go. Seeing that he taught and trained you into barrier ninjutsu, this won't be too complicated for you."

Just as Meisa took another step towards Kiyomi, the latter raised her right hand up. Locking her eyes once more with Meisa, the teen spoke up. "Before you go, allow me to have a talk with him."

Remaining silent as Meisa studied the young ruler, a faint smile crossed her lips. "Yes, of course. I will postpone my leave until tomorrow morning. Suppose I should allow him some rest, after all."

Rubbing her left wrist Kiyomi inspected the blue flames on her wrist and arm. It reminded her of Matatabi's fire, but that wasn't the purpose of the tattoo. While those who weren't initiated to the secrets would see a blue coloured tattoo on her, it served another purpose. A small, but useful one. Flexing her fingers as slowly she started to regain that ability to feel the skin, upon where the tattoo was engraved in. Exiting her chambers Kiyomi felt the temptation to throw a look over her shoulder. To perhaps spot a shadow moving or feeling a breeze passing her by. Instead, she kept on walking. Two Sworn Swords would accompany her from the moment she exited her chambers and walked through the halls towards where the feast was being held.

The thick walls numbed the sound somewhat, but she could hear it faintly. Recognising the tune she wondered once more who was already present. Glancing to her right, she spoke up. "Where is Katashi?" The question was quickly answered by the Sworn Sword, "The captain commander is occupied with preparing some of the plans, your grace." Nodding, Kiyomi wondered for a moment if she could have a word with Katashi as well. Perhaps there was some time to send a message towards Hisoka? Or should she go on her own accord, sending a shadow clone? It felt weird and wrong to send somebody else with the message she wanted to pass on the governor, but she figured that there was still some time.

Turning to the right, nearing the stairs to head to the ground level Kiyomi noticed an old man with a cane climbing down the stairs. Soft muttering curses in Chonobi were phrased, causing her to smile and increase her pace. Catching up with the old man, she would offer an arm to help him. "And? What is your opinion so far on the palace, 'good lord'?"

The old man threw a glare at his side as he had just noticed somebody stopping and offering an arm. Already the words that he could fend for himself, not needing the pity or help of anybody, were at the ready on his tongue. Instead of sneering the words towards the person Kenta noticed who it was. Accepting her help, wrapping his free arm around the offered arm of Kiyomi, Kenta grumbled. "It isn't to my liking. It is so spacious and doesn't have anything that inspires me to grab my cane and start whacking anybody who doubts me able to whack them," the old man answered, "And why does my room have a painting of the Second Hokage? Never liked that man anyways."

Walking at a very slow pace with the old Hon down the stairs Kiyomi threw an amused glance sideways at the man. "It is in a new style, more or less. Am trying to establish a certain... Akinian kind of style. Besides, doubt that anybody can just copy the beauty of Magnhild's inner circle." Kiyomi replied as she couldn't help but snicker when he questioned why his room had a painting of the Second Hokage. "You don't? Didn't know you ever met the man."

"Bah!" Making a dismissive gesture the man threw a look around, suspicious that he would encounter more paintings of the past Uchiha kage. "Met him only for three meetings. He was keen on winning the favour of the Hon and I wasn't impressed by his words. He was out to win our favour with the promise and allure of a compound in Konohagakure. A city founded and build by Senju 'and' Uchiha. Never trust gifts from an Uchiha, my grandfather always used to tell me. After all," Kenta scoffed, "Let's not forget the first conflict we had with the Uchiha clan."

"A conflict where the Hons weren't either unified and were more focused at the start of the war with attacking and fighting the Hanta clan? Think that the Tokuwaga had more battles with the Uchiha than our ancestors had, unless I am mistaken," Kiyomi stated, "That and the Second Hokage is quite respected in this city, old wolf."

"I tell you, if it were up to me I would go right here and now one on one with that punk... Shozo Uchiha." Kenta frowned as he shook his head. "I would probably win in a fist fight, seeing I doubt that the Uchiha had any good fight for a long time."

"And you had one recently?" Kiyomi asked with a soft smile, not because she wanted to defend Shozo, but finding the grumbling of the old man amusing. And it distracted her from other thoughts. "Besides, won't it be better to not pick a fight with anybody now?"

"These bloody stairs give me a good struggle, that is what I can tell you. The idiot who decided that these stairs need to be this big should get a whack of me," Kenta grumbled back. When Kiyomi made her suggestion Kenta scoffed, again. "This is what is wrong with you youth! No spirit! Know how we managed to stay up on top in the past? We fought and made people fear. Not talk and be polite, bah!"

Once more Kiyomi snickered. "And who did you fight, old wolf? Other than a few stairs," Kiyomi commented on a rather amused tone. With the climb done complete, she would adjust her pace to his as they would keep on going to the ballroom.

"Oh, enough. I probably should pick up the sword and shield soon. Teach the youth of today what true warrior skills are. Perhaps there will be somebody good enough to entertain me with a fight that will last longer than a few blows!" The old man stopped walking as he started to cough. After the coughing fit, he would clear his throat. "Though, this is also what I wanted to talk about. With you."

"Oh? Doubt that I can find anybody who would be such a good match for the skills, experience and talents to entertain you." She said, waiting as the man started to cough.

"Not that, child. I bring news from the clan. Wanted to write you and Zakito, but decided that discussing it with you in person would be faster and... more trustworthy." Kenta phrased, this time his voice becoming softer than before. "Many are becoming restless and peace is starting to cause unrest. Young warriors that want to prove themselves, the fact that the clan can't prove that its reputation is one of fear, dread and demand respect. As well," Pulling his arm away, Kenta would lean on his cane with both hands.

"Some are worrying that if it is a good idea that a young Hon is to be surrounded by Uchiha and other folks. Some are of the opinion it might be better if you would come for some time to Magnhild. Certainly seeing some certain... events." Though he didn't say what events the tone and expression of the man would be enough to it obvious.

Coming to a halt Kiyomi turned to Kenta. His words caused her to frown but remained silent as he further spoke. For a moment she thought about what he just had said. "So some are worried that the Uchiha will affect me?" She asked, frowning more. "And who are these... worried kinsmen of mine?"

"The lords of Ecla and Dowhon are quite clear about their concern. They have already been mustering forces, patrolling the perimeter of their lands. The lord of Rachon hasn't attended any meeting and messages make it clear that he and his people are growing a bit... restless. Your uncle already is aware of this and has been quite busy with trying to calm the situation down, but I fear that it won't be enough," Kenta said as he shook his head lightly, "Many youth that have risen through training are eager to prove their worth. And with this... peace," the old man said as if it was something foul, "There is no chance to prove that they are capable warriors. To gain honour and approval of their revered ancestors. They are growing restless, child."

Kiyomi wanted to state something, her lips already parted, but she realised something. For how long had it been that the clan had been able to fight? A decade? Then there was the Shoji occupation, but there was more to the Hon clan than just Magnhild. Lowering her eyes Kiyomi wasn't sure what to say or do. She was sure that the desire to prove oneself could be a powerful drive, one she had followed and felt before, but now she was in the position to make important decisions. Naturally, it couldn't be condoned that her kinsmen would be allowed to pick up the old tradition of raiding and starting internal conflicts. Not against one another or the other clans or people in the realm. Outside would also fracture the fragile peace and bring peril upon the realm. But this could else lead to an amount of unrest that she didn't want to experience. "I need some time to think about this, sorry, I..."

The old man smiled as he shook his head again. "No need to apologise. This is going to be a tough nut to crack I fear but know that you can count on me. Still got enough strength in my bones and muscles to crack some skulls, if I have to!" Just after ending his comment Kenta started to cough again, this time worse than before.
"Bah! I can't stand it here. Need the clean air from home," Kenta grumbled as they started to walk again.

A small smile dawned on Kiyomi's lips as she would hook an arm around Kenta's free arm. "I hope you won't leave too soon, though." She told him as they were nearing the hall where the feast was being held.

"Oh no, no child. I am going to be here for some days. Though," he thought of something. "You can always come home with us. I mean," he scoffed lightly, "Damn it all and proclaim yourself ruler of the clans who see you as kin. Wouldn't it be amazing? The kingdom in which the Chonobi clans would be united as one? No more squabbling or need to deal with the other clans. No more need to be in this... 'palace', but home at a truly worthy site for a ruler. Magnhild is, at least, in a place that is more worthy to be your court," Kenta suggested, though it was obvious it wasn't really serious.

"Heh," Kiyomi snickered for a moment. It was certainly somewhat tempting. And interesting. There were a few scenarios that came up in her mind of what would follow if she would seriously do something like that. "You should have considered suggesting this way before, old wolf. Who know, I might have done it then." Kiyomi told him as they entered the hall. She already spotted some familiar faces, but wouldn't just part away from Kenta right away.

"Heh, worth a shot. Worth a shot." The man chuckled as he would nod towards the room. "Go. I will entertain myself. Perhaps see if there is some good food and drink for me, go."
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

Yumeji Hojo,
Chuunin and Vanguard member,
At the - new - camp.

The march wasn't something she had enjoyed, but it had helped to clear out her mind. Yumeji had managed to not become noticed by many of the troops that were considering her and Toshi as heroes. There were various moments that she and Mizuchi marched together, but there wasn't much of a conversation. Something that Yumeji considered to be her own fault. But what was there to talk about in the current time and situation? Talking about home? How everybody back there was likely worried or how much they wanted to go back already? Or the night that they had been ambushed during a scouting and investigation operation? Facing an opposition that had more troops and probably better knowledge of the surrounding land and people than they had. No, nothing came to mind when it was to strike a conversation with others. Resulting in that Yumeji only felt guilty as she wasn't sure how it would impact her sibling. Hopefully, she would find something to talk about with Mizuchi but for now, she would just have to wait.
Upon the arrival on the site of the new camp, Yumeji would indulge in helping to set up the palisade. It was hard, but simple work. Several times she was dragged into a conversation with a few other people who recognised her, trying to learn a bit more about one of the Two Slayers. Instead of remaining silent and distant, Yumeji did try to talk back. Not that she felt great but she considered it better than to be ridiculed and what not. Soon enough, however, there wasn't much talk. A certain silence dawned upon them as all the focus was being put into setting up the defences of the large camp. The breaks were the moments when they would exchange a few words, mostly concerning about what news from home the reinforcements brought. One of the soldiers who had come from home as part of the reinforcements was starting to tell a development from Ranzaki, catching Yumeji's attention immediately.

"So now he is on the run, after taking the life of his own father. Or so that is what was being announced by the street heralds," the soldier said, raising a piece of broken bread to his lips, "Am wondering if the current lord will survive to see the day he can rule on his own strength."
Some more soldiers grumbled about the current situation as Yumeji tried to realise what she had heard. So the previous heir had taken the life of the late feudal lord of the Lightning country? Leaving thus the youngest son on the throne, being guided by a regent while the oldest sibling was on the run with his most trusted bodyguard. Remembering what her brother had written, Yumeji didn't even notice how her left hand started to shake.

"Probably not for long. Before I left, I heard that there is some suspicion that the Fifth Raikage has something to do with the whole affair. That it is an attempt to grab power and make himself the ruler of the north and her vassals," the man said but Yumeji decided she had enough of her break. Enough of the rumours that this man brought. Rising up from her place she would walk towards the palisade. Starting to pick up the work Yumeji tried to push her fears and doubts away. The thoughts that made her worried sick about her own sibling, who now could be on the run. Either because he was trying to defend the life of an innocent man or because he was part of the whole murder plot.
Soon enough the others joined and the work on the palisade was over. Deciding to put up her tent Yumeji to keep herself occupied the chuunin would, however, be approached by an officer. Saluting the higher ranked man, she would be briefed in that she was to report to the squad of Captain Sato as she was assigned underneath her care.

A bit surprised Yumeji wondered why she had been transferred. Not that she really mind as the Sato name rang a familiar tone. It could very well be the Saviour of Kumogakure, but there was just a chance to that. Who knew? Perhaps more Sato had enlisted into service? Deciding to not spend too much thought on it but getting her gear Yumeji would make her way towards another section of the camp. There she sought for the tents of the squad that were being led by Captain Sato. It took her some time, but eventually with asking for directions and help Yumeji managed to reach what she considered the place.
Spotting a young woman with bright coloured hair and green eyes, Yumeji would approach the other.

"Captain Sato? Yumeji Hojo, reporting for duty, ma'am." Saluting with her free left hand, Yumeji would take the moment to eye the other. Didn't seem as what she had heard of the Saviour, but Yumeji decided to not hold up any prejudice against her new captain.