[fieldbox="Running Late?, magenta, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
Tomiko | Team 2 Genin | Amegakure

Standing on the roof where the trio had decided to stop, the girl looked down towards the man with red hair in the center of the crowd. This was the Amekage Assistant... Eiji Emiya, was it? Watching quietly, she wondered what is must be like to be in his place, standing before these people and trying to calm all them. An idea that would have scared Tomiko to no end, she didn't much like being the center of attention. As she stood there watching, Tomiko took a moment to look over towards Hiraku, studying her brother to see how he was handling things. He seemed to be much more calm than she was feeling at the moment, which brought a bit of relief to the genin. At that moment, the girl heard a voice suddenly come through the communicator. "Hiraku this is Neji Uchiha Aiko-sensei has assigned me to you. Where do you need me to go and what do you need me to do?" The voice said, to which the girl turned away from where she was standing, tugging on Hiraku's sleeve briefly before she responded.

"This is Tomiko, Hiraku is occupied at the moment. Meet up with us at our location." She responded to the other, looking around and giving him a few landmarks so he could easily find his way to them. After letting him know how to reach them, the girl turned back to face Hiraku and explained. "It would seem Neji Uchiha has been tasked to work with us. I told him how to reach us. Anything else I need to relay?" She said to Hiraku. After which point, she fell quiet and moved back to watch the Amekage Assistant. She had to admit that she was a little curious to meet the man, but was a bit sad that it was under the current circumstances.[/hr][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Nock, #ff4d4d"]Harada Toshi| Team 3 Genin | Sky-Wolf Country Shores
Taking his leave from Yumeji and his own personal audience with their leader, Toshi took a moment to take in the multiple groups that were forming before turning in Yumeji's direction, "Want to stick toge--" he caught his tongue as he stared at the empty space that Yumeji had only recently occupied. Swallowing the small bout of embarassment that followed he scanned the groups a bit more intently. There were a few mixed groups and what appeared to be a few more specialized groups about. Picking out a group of what appeared to be predominantly archers with a few frontliner's on the outskirts Toshi pulled his scarf over his face and inserted himself into the group on the outskirts along with the frontliner's.

He watched as the groups members idly went about their pre-mission preparations. Pulling weapons from sheaths and making sure they slipped back in quickly, testing the bite at the edges of their blade on a finger, or testing the draw weight of their bows after stringing them. He leaned a bit into the wind on top of the hill and simply watched one of the archers work, his hands moving with practiced ease that only years upon years of experience could bring. He watched as the archer tied off the hemp draw string and stood, the archer faced the slope and drew back on his string and released. With a satisfied grunt the archer picked up his quiver and moved toward the front of the group.

Watching in confusion as the other archers seemed to all get the same idea and begin moving, Toshi sighed as he realized that the archer he had been watching must have been in charge, 'Slow on the uptake as always...' he thought as he followed the slower moving infantry of the group.

"That patch of trees is our destination! Looks to be about two kilometers so we've got a quick little hike ahead of us... You armored folk better not lag behind!" the lead archer yelled from the front which was met by some moaning and a few curses from the infantry as well as the overpowering cheers and laughs of the archers, Toshi couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"Oi, you're a shinobi yeah?" came the voice of the soldier next to him, "Why doe--"
"Exactly, so I'd better not hear a god damn laugh out yer mouth again you brat."
The group stopped in the trees, it was a small grove; some twenty meters across at its widest and about sixty meters long. Toshi knelt on a tree branch, almost alone at his perch on the edge of the grove Toshi had to focus in order to catch the flutter of the archers muddy green cloak fluttering in the wind just some six meters away from him on the other side of the closest tree. 'They may have some questionable bias, although definitely towards my style of combat... But I have to hand it to them, they are damn good at making themselves scarce.' he rolled his eyes as one of the armored soldiers below him fumbled through a bush and fell into the open with a loud curse, 'Unlike some of us...' he though before settling in to watch his assigned area of rolling hills and field.[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Gerontis
Neji Uchiha
Konohagakure Genin

Neji was standing on the rooftop of the original location looking down at all of the chaos that was happening in the Hidden Rain village. A Village which was part of the Empire. It made Neji think whether something like this could happen back at home in the Hidden Leaf. He wondered what that would look like and how it would be handled back at home. Neji sighed as all of a sudden a voice came across the communicator, It was not the voice of Hiraku but the Voice of Tomiko who spoke on the communicator. She very calmly told him where to go and how to get there. "Right, understood I will be there soon." With those instructions Neji started to make his way towards his comrades. He decided to stay on the rooftops as it would be a lot easier then trying to get through all of then crowds in the street. When Neji reached the spot he was supposed to be in, he recognized Hiraku and Tomiko, but not the other person that was with them. It looked like an anbu member was with them which was fine with him. "Neji Uchiha reporting in, whats are situation here?"

A Fight in Sadness

A Collab between Lesli and Fieryfly

Summary:

Hisoka informs Meisa about Sakamoto's death. No one is happy.​

[spoili]

The walk had been refreshing. The thought to do that more often amused Meisa's mind, but it wouldn't be more than a fleeting thought. Nearing the gates she noticed that the usual activity was going on. Guards checking carts and waggons on contraband as well checking anybody who wanted to enter the city. Glad that she had her papers with her Meisa didn't need to spend much time with the guards. Yet she would need to wait a bit as her papers were in need to be verified. Placing her hands on her hips as she waiting just outside the gates, the woman threw a look back at the countryside. Remembering the talk she had before with Hisoka she couldn't imagine herself being out there. Living a simple life. Perhaps even an easier one than she was living now, but as she continued her thoughts a guard would approach her. Telling her that she was welcome back, the woman flashed a smile back. Thanking the man she was about to pass the gates and the present security. On her way home.

Meisa wouldn't set more than two steps inside the city gate before Hisoka appeared next to her, ending his Body Flicker right beside her left foot. He had been waiting for her, sitting on the building opposite the gate, scanning the crowd that entered with red eyes. If anything Meisa's signature would be the one he would always recognize. But she had taken forever. Or so it had seemed to him as he sat on that roof. Some people had looked at him, of course they had, people were always looking at him these days. But he didn't want them now. He didn't want their looks or questions or admiration or whatever it was they wanted from him. He wanted Meisa to come home.

And then finally she was there. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he moved instantly. Somehow there had been a worry in the back of his mind. A nagging feeling. What would happen if Meisa wouldn't make it back? Sakamoto had been attack in his home and had perished. Meisa was exposed to much more dangerous things. What were the odds that she would one day not come home?!

He didn't voice any of that as he appeared next to her. Instead he shot her one look. "Your office. Now," he said, urging her to follow him as quickly as possible.

Coming to a halt Meisa threw a look as Hisoka suddenly appeared. While not often surprised, she couldn't honestly say that she had expected somebody - and certainly not Hisoka - to do this in public. A frown appeared on the woman's brow for a moment as she remained silent. For a moment she wanted to stand still and state she wanted to go home, taking a rest before she would go back to work. Not to mention the projects that she wanted to indulge in. Yet Meisa remained silent as she would follow Hisoka. Heading to the Intelligence Division headquarters Meisa would produce the papers she had used at the main gate once more from her pockets. After those were verified and they were allowed access into the complex Meisa threw a look at Hisoka. Something didn't feel right, but she was too confused on being able to narrow down what it could be.

Entering the office, Meisa would allow Hisoka to enter first before closing the door. "Well, that was quite the welcome," she said, trying to create a light mood with an amused tone, "Shall I get us first some tea? I found quite some interesting things in that facility."

"No." Hisoka's voice sounded strained. He walked over to the desk and then turned back to her as she closed the door. Slowly he sat down on the wood, his hands holding the edge so firmly that his knuckled turned white. "It can wait." Again he paused. The words... he suddenly found himself incapable of speaking those very words he had practiced over and over again as he had been waiting on that roof for her. How had Zakito... He shouldn't think of Zakito. He could not allow himself to think of the arguments the man had made or he might waver and he could not waver. He had to tell her and he had to tell her everything. All the details that Zakito had given him should be given to the woman before him. Because she would help him stay focussed. But if he said it, if he gave her that information then that meant that he would officially go against everything Zakito wished for him.

Why was this his choice now?

He licked his lips and raised his eyes too meet hers, took a deep breath, another, and then spoke: "Sakamoto is dead."

It remained silent after the three words were spoken. Staring at Hisoka, Meisa just stood still. Her whole experience of time, feelings and needs were replaced by something. Something that she hadn't felt since the days of the Great War. Slowly the eyes of the woman narrowed as her hands clenched into fists. For a moment her lips parted, but no word left her. Instead Meisa lowered her head as it was clear that she neither had anticipated this or was certain how to react to this.

"How?"

Of course she would ask. He had asked the exact same thing. He had demanded to know. But unlike Zakito he was not going to hold that back from her. He had no right to hold that back. So he related to her in minute detail what Zakito had told him only a few days ago as if he had remembered every single word the man had uttered. And maybe he had. Maybe he had dreamt about them the last night, repeated them again and again because he could not forget.

"That is how," he finished.

Once more a silence would plague the office after Hisoka's words. Staring at the man Meisa remained still. She could pass for a statue or one of the people that amused others by pretending to be a statue on markets and festivals. The feeling of before started to be replaced by one more primal. One that made her start to walk to her desk. Without uttering a word the woman would check two drawers before finding what she was looking for. Taking a blank paper she would start to write down several things. Names and notes about what Hisoka had told her but also what she needed to do. Once she was done Meisa checked the quick writing she had completed.

"Where is Mayumi?"

The question was asked in a calm tone, but there was a clear threatening feeling to it. Rising her gaze from the notes she had made to Hisoka, Meisa would continue. "You promised me something. I want your and Zakito's word on that when I am going to..." her voice trailed off as she was certain there was no need to tell him what she wanted or would do.

The silence was almost palpable. It hung in the room like a blanket as Meisa moved passsed him and leaned over her desk. Hisoka didn't turn. He let her write and he let her think. He had needed that silence after he had heard the news. He needed the moments to strengthen his thoughts, his resolve, his decisions.

"Safe. Zakito made sure she is taken care of. But she saw the whole deal." As he finished speaking he turned to her. She had finished writing. No doubt notes on what he had told her and probably more. Meisa always did more. "I did promise that. You know I will keep it, but you are not going alone. I am coming with you."

Her anger started to rise. It became something that she wasn't even sure if she could call it anger, but as Hisoka stated that Mayumi had seen everything she was confident in what she would do. What would happen. The idea that the child had seen Sakamoto die was hitting her hard. Staring down at her notes Meisa would slowly take a seat. So distracted and hit by the news she didn't even notice that her calm mask was breaking. Tears were flowing over her cheeks as her fists started to tremble. Why?

The question started to become louder in her thoughts. Why? She had experienced and seen how both her parents had died. The fact that her own daughter had seen her father suffer and die. The man was assumed to be her father. Slowly her hands went to her face as her shoulders started to tremble. She couldn't understand why.

He moved on instinct and before his brain had actively realized it he had already wrapped his arms around her. He didn't speak. He didn't try to console her because honestly he hadn't found a way to console himself. Who was he to attempt to help with that anyway? But he guided her head against his chest and let her cry, his own eyes strangely stoic. She could cry, she should cry, but not him. Or at least not now. But his hands held her too tight as if to prevent them from shaking, and his lips were pressed together too hard as if to stop them from trembling. He could taste blood, he must have bitten on the inside of his cheek again, but he would not let it show.

Barely registering what Hisoka did, Meisa would lean against him. Burrying her face against his chest she tried to find a rational reason behind it all. All came down to the point that she was just lost and confused. And then she realised something. What if she had remained home? Hisoka could've gone after Kiyomi by himself. The teen had, after all, complied with the Uchiha and went back. Even when she could've used the situation to just venture into the facility alone, searching for the answers she desired. This realisation drove the anger away, making her feel dizzy and miserable. If she had perhaps been more thoughtful of her own family. Been less focused on the wellbeing of the realm, but on the family she was part of. Not taken it for granted that she had somebody who considered her something more than a friend. Uncertain what to do with the emotions, Meisa started to push them away. Leaving the door open for her anger to return, causing her to slightly open her eyes as she would push her face from Hisoka's chest.

"I am going to kill them. Each and single one of them," she whispered, "Are you certain you're coming with me?"

"Yes," his voice was hoarse. He had said the answer without hesitation and yet it did not quell the turmoill he felt inside. He could not forget Zakito pleads to leave this be, to let there be peace for once, to break the never ending circle. But he hadn't told Meisa about the pleas and he would not. Those had been words for him and for him only. After Zakito had used that name which meant that his words had been very specifically for him. And yes the pleas were affecting him, but now he had Meisa on his side and she would do what he wanted to do too.

"Yes." His voice was firmer now. "I will always come with you."

"Thanks," she whispered. Pressing the side of her face against his chest she was already forming plans. How she would go about this. Knowing what she would do and inflict back. It wasn't perhaps fair, but when did that matter? Deciding that this was the time to not think about others, but about her own desires Meisa thought of something. "Mayumi isn't allowed to learn of this..." she stated. It wasn't ethical correct, but the more she thought about it the better. Sakamoto was dead anyways, she tried to tell herself. He wouldn't feel anything if some memories would be wiped out, Meisa thought bitterly.

Hisoka frowned and looked down at her head which was still pressed against him. "Wait... you... you cannot wipe her memories," he said utterly confused by her words. Was she trying to erase Sakamoto from Mayumi's life? That was not right. "Meisa, you can't erase him. You can't do that." He shook his head as if to confirm his own words. Erasing him would not solve any of the problems, not to mention it would take away things from Mayumi's life that she should have as a kid. Two parents who loved her. Not one. Not something fake. Real memories.

Remaining silent Meisa thought once more about what she wanted to do. About how Hisoka felt about it. Slowly pushing herself away from the man, she would rise up from her seat. "I can't, but others can." She said in a grim tone. The idea that her own daughter was experiencing something similar was unacceptable. "She won't need to know. Don't you get it?" Turning to Hisoka, the lips of the woman started to tremble before she tried to explain herself. "We remember him. We cherish him. She is just a child! What will she remember? How he got... butchered? Is that how you want to honor Sakamoto? Letting her have the chance she will live with the idea she saw him die in front of her?"

He wasn't sure if he had ever seen Meisa so irrational before. She had always been the rock. Always. But not now. She barely made sense as she spoke. But he understood her fear. She had told him a long time ago how she had found her own parents dying before her eyes. And now the same thing was happening to her daughter. He could not begin to understand what it must be like to experience that and yet the idea of erasing anything about Sakamoto felt wrong. Extremely wrong. No more lies. He did not want to lie more to his daughter than he already had. He did not want to lie to anyone close to him. "No." He said it slowly. "She will remember that yes and yes it will not be pleasant for her. But she will make it thought it. You did. She will remember that but she will also remember him as a man who loved her, who cuddled her and who put her to sleep. She will also remember him as her father. Would you want your memory of your father to be taken away?"

"I wouldn't. Cause he isn't her father. Her father," Meisa said with a clear and certain emphasis on the last two words, "Is the man who is about to condemn her to remember something horrible! Her father, is the man who wasn't there when she saw a man who held and loved her, bleed to death." Knowing that Hisoka shouldn't be the center of her spite and anger, Meisa felt slightly betrayed. "Her father, hasn't been there for her. So I believe I have all the right to do what I want to do. Sakamoto is dead and I want her to forget him. Unless you want to stop me from protecting 'your daughter' from suffering. Should I perhaps kneel down and beg for mercy while I am at it, my lord?"

This wasn't right. This was not right. Why were they fighting? They had agreed to murder everyone involved. They had agreed on doing it together. Why were they fighting? They should not be, they could not. If they couldn't agree then what was there to hold on to? Nothing! His head was spinning and it felt as if the ground was somehow falling away. He stumbled slightly backwards. "That is not true," he said. "That is not..." He fought to not give in, but ever so slowly tears started to drip from his eyes. "That is not true and you know it." He found himself surprised by the steadiness of his own voice. "I did not abandon Mayumi. You made me promise not to ever inform her and I promised not to, but I never promised to make her forget the man that raised her. The man that was so much more to her in her first years than I will ever be. And I wasn't there. Don't you think I haven't thought of that? Don't you think that that thought has already crossed my mind a million times before? Well you weren't there either! When were you ever?! The only one who was there was Sakamoto. And he died for her. I will not have her forget that sacrifice."

Glaring at him, she wanted to shout. Even walk up and use him as a punching bag. She knew that it wasn't correct, that it was anything but good. But the idea of how much Mayumi could be suffering was driving her to the edge. The question that was thrown back caused Meisa to hiss. She wanted to sneer back, wanting to lash out and make him regret that. Instead she remained silent as tears once more started to flow over her cheeks. Knowing she was acting as some sore loser, Meisa wasn't sure what she should do now. What to say or to think. It just wasn't fair and shouldn't have happened. "Shut up!" The woman said back, unable to shout the words. Frustrated and uncertain she even stamped on the ground with her left foot. "Just shut up..." The temptation to storm out and just get away was big, but she wasn't sure if she would be able to get far without breaking down.

"Just why?! Just why now and... why?!" She shouted, as if she demanded to know the answers from him. "I just want to..." lowering her head she stopped. It was of no use anyways. Sakamoto wouldn't be brought back and anything she could think off would bring Hisoka into a lot of trouble. It would just come down to that she would be the cause Mayumi wouldn't be able to live a more peaceful life. Besides, he was right. Why did she want to protect the child now, when it was already too late? Cause it was her flesh and blood? Why?

"I want a million things right now." Hisoka wiped his tears away and carefully reconstructed his mask. "But I never, ever, want to forget anything about Sakamoto because I owe him too much for that. And no one knows how much he did." He tried to push the sadness away and let the anger return. It didn't work. "I need you," he said. "I cannot do this alone, Meisa. I need you to keep standing. And that is way too much to ask from you because that is what you always do and have always done. We need to find all the people who have brought this about. And we need to make sure they pay what they did to him and to Mayumi. And that she never needs to know about. But please stay standing. Please..." He waved his hands aimlessly in the air in a vague kind of helpless gesture. "We can do this together. We can."

His words made her feel only more miserable, hurt. She wanted to just stop hearing and go back. Reverse in time and doing things differently. Knowing that if she wouldn't stand that it wouldn't further help anybody Meisa tried to pull motivation and energy from the desire to make others pay. "She isn't allowed to learn of what will happen. Ever." It wasn't a whisper or much of an order. The trembling voice made it clear that the woman felt desperate and frustrated. "I need time. Sorry Hisoka. Just give me a bit of time," Meisa stated as she wrapped her arms around herself.

"Agreed," Hisoka said. He wanted to say that they needed to do it now. But that was unfair. He couldn't push his own needs on her all the time. She already did so much. He had to give her time. He had had the few days to think, to pause and take it in. He should allow her to do the same even though he wanted to start working. "Of course. Just..." He wasn't sure what to say. "Take the time. I will... be somewhere." Where was he going to be? Was he just going to keep working and pretend nothing happened? He frowned and started walking towards the door. "I'll be around."

"Thanks," she muttered back. Troubled with the prospect that she had to do all kind of things, next to consider how she wanted to make the world pay back for being unfair Meisa turned slightly to throw a look at Hisoka. "One thing, before you go that is," she started. Pausing she wasn't entirely sure how she should ask this of him. More than evident was the impact of Sakamoto's death not healthy for anybody and what it set in motion. But she wasn't sure who else she should ask. "Could you please check on Mayumi? You were right that I never was there for her and... I just need time. Can you see if she is doing fine?"

He stopped in his tracks. Could he do that? He honestly wasn't sure if he could even face the girl at the moment. But then again... shouldn't someone be there for her right now? He stared to his feet and slowly realized how easy his childhood had been with two parents who always looked out for him. Yes, Shozo had been strict and there were things Hisoka would never forgive him for, but at least he had always been there. When he had been scared or when he was hurt or for whatever other reason there had always been someone.

"I... Yeah. I'll do that." He opened the door. "Keep Zakito out of it." He muttered as he stepped over the doorstep into the hall. He shot one look back at her and then closed the door.

[/spoili]

[fieldbox=Hiraku Hyuuga]
Hiraku glanced toward Tomiko as she spoke up, speaking about Neji Uchiha apparently being tasked with working alongside the two of them. "No, but thank you for instructing him Tomiko. We can brief him when he gets here." After a short wait, Neji Uchiha arrived, and Hiraku nodded to him. "Well, we're trying to establish a common communication between our forces and Amegakure's. But it looks like the one we have to talk to is busy trying to calm down rioters, and if we interrupt now, they might choose to forget what he's saying in favor of continuing rioting while they have others at their side. Currently, his assistant has my communicator and should be setting up interim communications though."

Hiraku glanced towards the crowd of rioters that Eiji was apparently calming. "The fact that you were sent to help us though, either means we're probably needed doing something else after this or the temporary communications aren't up... Anyone have a way to get his attention without letting the civilians know? If we wait much longer without at least getting his attention, we might as well be doing nothing." He looked to the others before looking towards Sairento, "If not, then it might be best if you approach him, since you're actually from this village and might be have a bond like the one that's being used to calm them down a bit."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Trust, green, solid"]

Mitsunari Riojin Jounin of Team 19
&
Kitana Riojin Chuunin of Team 19

As they were sneaking into the store, they would enter the where all these tools, soil, seeds, and a few plants with notes on them. Most likely they were orders she had been working on. What was also there was Silica herself hiding behind a counter with a flower vase in hand, ready to bash it upside any hostile invaders. She spotted the two and tensed up, but as Kitana crouched down and held up her hands, Silica took a few moments to thoroughly look at who she was seeing. She sighed a bit at Kitana, but remained a bit tense when looking at Kona. When Kitana approached, she stayed calm but when Kona would try, she would raise the vase in a prepared throw gesture. "No, you can stay Kitana, but that murderous child cannot. Shes part of the reason why people are rioting and breaking into my shop right now." Silica would whisper to Kitana, who just rubbed her head and looked at Kona.
"Could you keep your distance for now? Just for the time being?"

Yet as soon as Kitana said that a hand reached over the counter and grabbed Kitana by the hair and threw her head backwards against the counter. Kitana let out a yelp as she clutched her head and fell to the ground, prepared to stand up. Yet the man firmly slammed his boot down on her back keeping her there and the brute looking male would spit on her and look at Kona. Silica who was off to the side, slowly slipped out of sight from Kona and the brutes field of vision, and the man looked at Kona and then held a knife to Kitana's neck. "Whateva ger you got lass. Drop em right now. You don't comply killa, and I'll do what ye did to that woman at the post office."

-------
Mitsunari didn't bodge an inch at the approaching man as Sho moved in behind and knocked the man out with a well executed kick to the head. Mitsunari smirked and gave him an approving head nod, before looking at the captives, who were still tensed despite their rescuers helping them. Sho didn't seem to want to deal with them and even looked to Mitsunari to calm them down. His smirk would fade as he looked at them and bent down with a now calm smile on his face. "Hey now, it's all right now. I know this is a troubling situation you are all going through, yet you have to keep your heads held high."
"E-easy for you shinobi to say. They are after you lot! My house was destroyed because they want you lot!" One man in his forties said, balding clearly a married man, as one of the woman agreed with him, causing the others to pitch in saying their house was either burned down, or looted and destroyed.
Mitsunari let them get their anger out before holding his hand out. "I understand, recently us shinobi have been at fault, and things do need to change. I can't promise you nothing, I can only state that change will come. I will also allow you and your families to stay at my clan grounds, until your own homes are fixed. My name is Mitsunari Riojin. I hope you all will accept the little I can do. If you accept, you will have food and water provided for you whenever you need it." Mitsunari said with the smile still present on his face, and his words caused to to become silent, and accept his offer. "Thank you." He calmly told them, as he stood up.

He would then start helping to untie the group, hopefully with Sho, and when the group of hostages were untied, Mitsunari would look down the road and not see Kona or Kitana and would groan. "Kitana knows where the clan grounds are, they can meet us there. Come on Sho, watch the rear." Mitsunari stated as he would take point and lead the now ten plus group of people towards the clan grounds, which like Mitsunari said before really wasn't that far away and the group would arrive outside where multiple men were tied up outside the grounds. Some of the Riojin guards set up their guard at the approaching group, yet seeing their leader in front made them lower it and salute them. "Welcome back sir, the people have tried breaking in, but we have stopped every single attempt."
"Good, have someone lead the civilians to a safe location and give them some food and water." Mitsunari commanded and pointed at Sho and told him to follow him, he would lead the young man to a room where weapons were placed, and some basic protection from small blade weapons. "Go on get geared up. Choose whatever you like. Meet me outside by the gates we entered from, when you finish." Mitsunari said, leaving Sho in the room by himself, where the occasional man would enter and grab a couple weapons and leave.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Knowing, royalblue, solid"]

Aya Oda- Genin of Team 14

Laying down in her bed, Aya would stare up at the ceiling in silence, nobody was home which seemed unlikely with how many people lived in this house. Yet today was the day where they would set out to hopefully get some context on what happened to the dead bodies, she had found when they investigated the port. The dead bodies that the Demon Sharks had to apologize to the port workers as they found none of them, leading to people growing upset at the sudden investigation, without a good reason being given to them. As such she was a bit hesitant about going out today, she wanted to uncover the truth. Yet she must have cause some disdain between Team 14 and the higher ups for a "untrue report." Then the fact her team might dislike her for the lie it appeared to be, probably thinking she just wanted to get done with the task as soon as possible. However only one person that she expected to blow off on her didn't, so maybe if she could understand then possibly the others might as well?

Aya slapped her cheeks to get her out of that bad attitude, and got out of bed and proceeded to get changed and get her gear in order. It was only when she had everything ready, with her sword at her waist that she realized that time was ticking away and she was almost going to be late. How long was she thinking for??? She quickly hurried out of the house and made a rush towards the location they were to gather, only problem was she had to slow down once she entered the market. She wanted to get there but not at the cost of running everyone over and drawing a lot of attention to her. As such it took her a few minutes to maneuver through the crowd, having to resist the urge to not stop and eat the savory foods she kept spotting.

She would climb up to the roof where sure enough everyone was waiting for her, including another male. He must have been another new teammate. She didn't know why but her bandaged arm started throbbing a bit at having two male teammates once again. She finished climbing and just caught the end bits of what Shin said, causing her to frown a bit, but looked at Mika and gave her sensei a smile. She decided against saying anything, she knew her sensei would rather just get right to work, rather not talking unless she had too. Like those couple of times she meet with her sensei...[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Crying wolf, maroon]
"It is okay, you can cry."

A collab made by
Aliceee and Gerontis.

Summary :
With Kiyomi back,
Hiron pays the Royal Palace a visit. The two have a moment and shed a tear together - rather short collab.

[spoili]
The walk towards the palace was one that Hiron couldn't be certain of how to describe. He remembered the talk he had last time he had visited the complex. With Shunso Sato. It brought some mixed feelings, but he wasn't heading there for another talk or meeting with the Sato. The news was reaching out that the empress was back. There were various rumours, such as that she had journeyed out to slay a terrible unknown evil. Others said that she was in need to do something spiritual, but Hiron was certain that wasn't either of those things. Though having received the message that he was up to punish and lecture Shikaroku and Violet, Hiron decided that there was something else that came before focusing on his team.

Reaching the perimeter of the royal palace, he would let himself be checked by the Sworn Swords. After showing the additional papers he was being guided towards the complex through the gardens. The serene atmosphere wasn't soothing his worries and pain. If anything it was driving him anxious with the idea that he was wasting time with walking through the gardens. Picking the pace up Hiron caused the servant that was there to guide him to almost jog to keep up. Even as the man reached an entrance to the complex his gaze sought for her.
"Sir, please wait!"

Ignoring the servant Hiron would enter the complex. He wasn't interested in wasting time with walking calm and slow. There perhaps another time that he would like to enjoy the gardens and beauty that surrounded the royal palace, but not today. Climbing the stairs, Hiron was certain that Kiyomi was somewhere where she could be on herself. His first thought was to visit her chambers to see if she was there, but that was too obvious. Same as the study room of the teen. Heading to the library Hiron would halt as he entered the spacious room. As the Hon looked around, frowning on where he could find her, the servant managed to catch up.
"Sir... Y-You must know that--"
"Sorry, but I will manage from here. Many thanks," Hiron said, nodding towards the man before he would look around again. Starting to walk he kept listening to any sounds. There was nobody else making use of the gigantic collection of knowledge saved in the large hall. Walking around a corner Hiron would slowly come to a halt.

Sitting on the ground, her back against the shelves filled with books, Kiyomi stared into a book. The usual frowned or curious expression wasn't present as it was just a tired stare that was plastered on her face. Turning a page, it seemed more that she was felt obliged to keep reading than being genuinely interested in the content of the book.
Watching her for a moment Hiron felt a twinge of guilt. Slowly walking towards her the man would sit next to her. Saying nothing as he wanted to say a lot, but wasn't certain where to start. Lowering his head he just remained silent next to her.

Throwing a look sideways as Hiron approached her, Kiyomi's eyes widened for a moment. Her lower lip trembled, but much like him, she remained silent. Closing the book the teen would place it on her lap. Staring at her hands she remained silent as well. Only leaning towards Hiron, placing her head on his shoulder. The silence would remain undisturbed until she was the first to break it.

"I am so sorry..."

Sideways glancing down at her, it did hurt. He would never have imagined that such a simple phrase could hurt. Not because he believed she hadn't done her best or that she hadn't accomplished what she wanted. But to hear the pain in her voice. "Makes two of us, little pup."

Her lower lip started to tremble. Scooting closer to Hiron, Kiyomi would wrap an arm around his and hold him tight. She wanted to say that she didn't want to disappoint him or anybody. That she had thought it all out. How she would bring Keiko and Aimi back, making things okay again. How they would become happy, once more. Nothing, however, left her lips. Other than a sob.

He didn't want to cry. Ever since he had come home there had been evenings when he had been shedding tears. Ever since that moment when he was confronted with the harsh reality that his world was breaking apart, piece by piece being ripped from him in a slow and painful progress, he hadn't cried with anybody being to see it. Hearing a sob from her, however, brought it all up. "You tried, little pup, you tried," he told her as he would close his eyes.

Burying her face against his shoulder Kiyomi's shoulders trembled lightly. "I am s-so sorry," she whispered, feeling only worse upon hearing him. This wasn't what she had hoped for and a reason why she had stayed in the palace to avoid everybody. "I-I really did. Sorry..."

"It is okay. You can cry," he told her back on a soft tone. As she started to give in to her emotions and cry softly, he would wrap an arm around her and hug her.
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: timv999 and Nim
[fieldbox="Hoshi Miwa, #8800FF"]
Amegakure Jounin Commander | Akinian Empire | Amegakure

Summary:
Hoshi makes her move.

[spoili]
After hearing the report from the ANBU, she told him it would be best if he still tracked down Eiji and informed him of this. She couldn't do much with the details as she couldn't spare any shinobi to go check out the lead, as that would most likely only cause more backlash from the common people. Thinking for a bit, she noticed a small tapping sound on her window. Opening it, a sparrow came inside, with a note attached to its leg.

Even though it was a simple knot. It still took her a moment to remove the note, but as soon as she did the sparrow flew away, with Hotori landing on her desk instead, looking at the note with curious eyes.

It quickly became apparent to her that the rioters have stopped tossing things at windows of the office building, which might have been a sign they were slightly calming down, or bringing their attention to someone else. Hoshi couldn't help but wonder if it was Eiji's doing.

Opening the note she received from the sparrow, her eyes followed the words carefully and her breath slowly came to a halt, making Hotori look at her instead of the note. Seeing her place the piece of paper on the table and begin to walk towards the door, Hotori quickly scanned what the paper said.

Until that moment, Hoshi knew Hotori always preferred silence because of the saying "Silence is a Virtue". Hearing him talk was a rarity, which was why she gazed at him briefly before opening the door "Hoshi, I am sorry, but I must advice you from doing anything without a second thought."

"You have been silent for several months now, only nodding and not saying a single word. I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to ignore your advice right now Hotori." She said as she opened the door, and quickly the owl saw her depart from the office. It flew out of the office into the rain, and waited to see his owner go through the doors.

As she walked out the office doors, she felt the glances of several people. They knew well who she was, while she thought about the fact that while she may know the many shinobi that serve, she did not know every single citizen that lived there. Maybe that should change. Her eyes kept looking around as she scanned the streets, trying to find the biggest impact spot of what she was about to say.

Eventually she found the biggest crowd she could, and Eiji was there, giving them a long answer about how Amegakure was strong. He was right, which made her doubt her next action for a brief second as he finished talking.

Few people spotted her and turned to look at her "Look, it's the head of our troubles! What, did you come here to also say you are not in the wrong? That everyone wants Amegakure to be safe, including your kind? Just get lost, would you? We don't want you to be here in the village!" One of the women in the crowd shouted at her, from so close the woman's voice echoed in her ear.

Closing her hands into fists, she took a deep breath before speaking "I did not come here to speak in favor of anyone, but if even after Eiji's words there are still those among you that refuse to believe the shinobi of the village mean no harm, and only serve to help the people of the village, then perhaps this will calm you down a bit."

"I am stepping down as Jounin Commander of the Shinobi forces effective immediately. I am doing this in good faith that you will see that the shinobi part of our village do not mean to harm you, and never wanted to do so. Please, stop with the rioting and go back to your houses."
Hoshi looked at everyone with teary eyes, though it was hard to tell due to the rain "The more extreme of the rioters already attacked several shinobi, and we even lost lives because we cannot get them to a proper medical shelter. Is that what we have become? Animals that attack our own kin for simply being slightly different? This only means we are no better than animals, fighting amongst ourselves to show who is superior."

"Please, just stop with the rioting. Send representatives to Eiji, or even hold a village talk with the superiors of our village. We can change things for the better, but going at it this way is wrong. It only allows the extremists on both sides to act out, and then make both sides react in a worse manner. So I am begging you, talk. Don't shout, don't fight, don't kill. Start talking properly."

Following her last sentence, Hoshi started walking away with hastened pace away from the crowd and Eiji.

Hotori, who watched the whole thing from the sky, approached Eiji slowly and eventually landed on his shoulder softly. He quickly whispered to him something before taking off to follow his owner once more. From what he knew of Eiji, he was sure the man would understand.

Half an hour later, Hoshi was standing near three bodies of now deceased shinobi that were unable to receive proper medical attention due to the fact they could not reach the hospital, and the nearest medical shinobi arrived too late. She kneeled next to one of the covered bodies and grasped the corner. Slowly she removed it, and as the face was revealed she sobbed.

Letting the cover remain above the body, she grabbed the back of the body's neck and slowly rose it until it touched her chest. It was becoming as cold as the rain outside. Hoshi closed her eyes and quietly cried as she firmly held her sister's head, knowing she will never hear her voice again. She started praying for her sister's soul safety, and that things will get better here.

While the rain was almost consistent here, Hoshi did not believe the village needed to become as cold as it was. It could stand out as a flame that lives in it, giving warmth to all that come near it, but she feared the flame may be slowly dying.
[/spoili][/fieldbox]

Reactions: timv999
[fieldbox=Time for a drill, maroon]
Hiron Hon,

Jounin | Team 9 | Konohagakure, entrance of a trainingsfield.

He didn't feel that much better after his visit to the Royal palace. Knowing that he could say anything he wanted or had in mind, there was a certain limit that he could do to ease the pain of others. Also being aware that he had been taking it easy for too long the man headed towards the meeting point. A message was just sent out to his team to group up for a meeting and training. While Hiron was anxious to head out on a mission and hoping to meet that previous bastard again, he was aware of his duties and tasks. This formation would hopefully be more capable, but his current pessimism wouldn't allow him to be too cheerful about the current team formation.

Arriving at the point Hiron threw a look around. The cold temperature together with the gloomy, dark grey overcast made it anything but attractive to pay a visit to the training fields. Even those who were determined to train every day when they would have to face the chilly breezes and the looming weather. And so far Hiron could see, not many were up for that. Thus he shoved his hands into the pockets of his pants while he would wait for his team to arrive. Already having an idea what he would do today with them and how the last training had gone, Hiron was hoping that this wouldn't be too complicated for them. Where he could already determine somewhat how it could go, there was no telling on how they would tackle the obstacles of today's training.

Feeling a drop on his face, Hiron's eyes moved up. Glancing up to the sky he noticed another drop of rain coming down on his face. Briefly, he considered about the tale that the rain represented the mood of the ruler of a country. Never one to believe something like that, he wasn't sure this time. But instead of being brought down and feeling hurt Hiron grew determined. He would make the rain stop, somehow.

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: ChromeHound
[fieldbox=Katsu Uchiha | Konohagakure Team 6 Chuunin, lightblue]

2 Days ago

Collab between Sketching and Lesli

"So the idea is pretty straightforward, since we have the base already." Katsu and Saki were sitting in the small living room of Katsu's house, with Tanpo running around aimlessly across the room. As the clock neared midnight, some houses were just starting to turn off their lights, slowly approaching the darkest hour of the night. "We could use the same logic to bring the form we take inside the shadow out, but we could also use that chakra condusive form to shape it to quite a high degree. You know, the way we coat weapons with chakra, we could form ourselves to be both quiet, mobile, and deadly."

She couldn't help but be sceptical about it. It did make her curious if it would work as she could certainly recognise the advantages such an advanced ability of the technique could grant them. "That sounds interesting," she started, thinking more on how to phrase her doubts and worries, "I am only worried what if we get... stuck? Your idea is that we more or less become shadows ourselves, no?" She asked, while finding it perhaps a great idea. It was going to be less beneficial if they would be stuck in a form which would likely cause other people to start screaming.

"Ah, but that's the beauty of it! We could just activate a flash tag and dispel the technique altogether and throw us into our regular form," he said. "Plus, that danger exists for everything! We won't get anything done if we worry about whether or not we'll become shadow monsters for the rest of our lives!"

"That's true," Saki slowly said as she thought about it one more time. "Okay, fair enough. But if I become some kind of twisted shadow creature I hope you're going to make it clear or happen that it won't end up on my gravestone," the young woman said in a feigned tone. Rising up from her seat she rolled with her shoulders. It was quite exciting to try this out, but as she thought about it, Saki looked at Katsu. "Okay, let's first put down the tags. Perhaps even a clone, just in case."

The young boy nodded and brought his hands together. When he pulled them apart, he had two sheets of paper in his palms. He placed them both on the ground and sat beside one. "Perhaps we can go step by step." Katsu weaved a series of hand signals before bringing his hands onto his knees.

Nodding, Saki replied back. "Sounds good." Weaving handsignals she would create a Water clone. With their preparations done the young woman sighed softly. "Here is to hoping we won't become shadow creatures." She tried joke, before starting to sink into the shadow of her water clone. Trying to focus the process was going to be much different than the usual 'moving' into the shadow. Waiting she wouldn't yet try to do something else.

Katsu looked over at the clone before he also sunk down into the shadows from the dimly lit light, into the ground. In what could only be described as a familiar nothingness, the boy tapped on the edge of that world, poking his index finger out for a moment. Every time he came in and out of the shadow, he felt that strange change. "Now, perhaps we can try to maintain this form while we bring out our hands. Got to start somewhere, right?"

Trying to manipulate the emptiness around her was strange. In a way she had expected it to be stiff and unwilling to move, as a concrete made wall. Being both in the shadow and manipulating the shadow to wrap around her was something that started to become weirder, cause every time she did try to move the shadow with her out it didn't work as she had hoped for. When Katsu spoke up, Saki answered. "Yes, but how do we ... wait, wait!" Her voice started to become excited as she realised something. "We need to attach the shadows to us, correct? While we are in the shadow, no? I think I got it!"

Moulding her chakra, she didn't try to force the shadow around her to become one with her or something as similar as that. Instead she tried to incooperate one of the basic chakra moulding techniques. Using the same concept as allowing one to walk and move over water and against other surfaces Saki tried to make the shadow 'stick' first to her. Slowly moving her right hand out, she remained silent for a moment. "I swear, if I am now going to become a shadow creature, expect me to haunt you first Katsu... how does it look like?"

The boy poked his head out before trying anything and looked at her hand. A smile formed on his lips before he dove his head back in. "It looks pretty much right. Lemme try... Then we can try to emerge more and more." Katsu concentrated, wrapping the essence of the world they were in slowly around his hand as if covering a mummy in bandages before bringing his dark claw like hand out. "It sure feels different... Or rather, exactly as it does in here."

"It does? Cause if it doesn't I am going to use it to make you look anything but fine." Saki said in a grumbling manner. Slowly Saki started to pull herself out. Something that had started to feel natural and as if she was leaving the comfort of a safe place behind her. But now it was vastly different as she applied the new moulding to it. "Good heaven, this feels weird." She said, starting to see how her hands and arms were morphed. It was dark and she couldn't see it in the best detail, but it was barely humanoid. Making sure that she kept applying the easy task of conjuring the water-walk moulding to the technique Saki wasn't afraid that the shadow would leave her and something weird would happen. Flexing the fingers of her right hand, she spoke up. "Okay, okay. Now what? Cause I expected something less... dreadful looking."

"Hm..." As Katsu brought up his torso out, he stopped and stayed silent for a bit. "Try to use it partially. Maybe..." He waited and leaned his head forward as the shadows flickered. They retreated up to the sides of his face. "Hah... Think of it like how we first did it. We only used our hand to transform for the other world, now concentrate on this one to peel it off."

"I suppose we could do that," Saki said, wavering for a moment. Deciding to slip back into the shadow she tried to focus more. It was all about finding a great combination between the Shadow step technique and moulding her chakra so that it applied on her. Moving once more out of the shadow she shivered as she noticed that her arms and hands were still looking strange. It was still that she could notice where her hand started, her fingers and such details. It was just that it looked as if she was something that was made out of a combination of both smoke and a shadow. "I really need to get used to this."

The boy's face got covered again as he rose over the ground. "This does feel a little..." He thought for a moment as he sat, covered in an ominous shroud. "Out of place. Want to try again from the beginning?" He gestured to the flash tags.

"Yeah, let's try it from the start again." Saki replied as she started to flex her hands again. It was certainly out of place. Trying to remember how it had felt when she first had applied the Shadow step technique, however, made her remember that it hadn't felt natural as well. But that was due to the fact she was used to people not becoming one with shadows and creeping in or out of them.

Katsu activated one of the tags and the shadow cloths dissipated. Katsu felt himself taken aback, but he managed to stay on his knees. He twisted his neck a bit before violently jerking it back to its original position. "Ugh... That felt so wrong." He sunk back into the shadow quickly.

Being expelled out of the shadows Saki nodded. She quickly checked if everything was back normal. No fingers or limbs stuck in the shadow or gone missing. For a moment she wondered if it was a good idea to continue, but would slide back into the shadow of her water clone. "Okay, so we just need to make the shadow attach itself properly to use while also being with the shadow. Step by step." She said, though more thinking out loud than anything else. Slowly she extended her hand out of the shadow, feeling as if she made it go into something liquid. Which felt anything but comfortable.

After having done the same thing again and again, they had begun once more. Katsu poked his hand out before dragging his body out of the shadow as well, covered in a dark shroud. He felt both heavy and light, his physiology becoming much thinner and leaner. Tanpo was growling in a corner, as he did every time they emerged in this form. "I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to this..."

"We got used to Shadow Step, so this is just going to take some time and practice." Saki answered, though she felt the same way. While she tried to stop looking like a mixture of some creepy shadow-smoke creature it didn't seem that it was going work in another way. But yet it did seem that she was able to move around, but she made sure not too fast. The weak point was that she needed to mould chakra in a different way than she was used to with using the Shadow step technique. Moving back into the shadow of her water clone she at least was certain that they could still dispell the technique and go back to their normal selves. Katsu followed suit. He lingered in the shadow for a moment, as though he'd gotten back into hot water after being wet out in the cold wind. He moved out of the shadow in his regular form, stumbling onto the couch and sitting down, sighing. "This was... good progress."

Stretching her arms for a moment, to just feel that they weren't made of some weird shadow, Saki sat down. "Yeah, but also exhausting." Yawning Saki would chuckle afterwards. "Perhaps I should crash here?" Though she couldn't help to look back at her right hand. It now felt weird to be a person, but she was convinced that they needed time. If this technique would be worked out more it could be quite beneficial for the entire team. "May I ask something, though?"

"Yeah, that's fine. If you want to, I can bring a pillow and cover for you," Katsu said, yawning. "Hm?" The boy bit his lower lip. "Er... Yeah, shoot."

"Why didn't you ask Koike to join us?" Saki asked, her eyebrows perking by a bit. She would cross her legs as placing her hands at the back of her head. "He could've helped out a lot. Maybe even have used this as distraction for losing his wife, no?" The young woman suggested, though she didn't suspect anything behind it. It had just occured to her that he wasn't here.

The boy brought his hand up to his mouth, wiping it on his lips before hesitantly speaking. "Er... I'm not sure if Koike would want to see me right now. I don't know." He looked down, embarrassed. "Something happened in Amegakure, and I'm not sure..." His voice trailed off as he kept his gaze on the ground.

"Oh boy," the woman mumbled as she sat up straight, "Katsu, you know that you can share anything with me right? If something happened that is troubling you, I want to help." She wanted to say more, trying to comfort him enough that he would speak up. Knowing better, she would first see if he was either ready and, or, willing to talk about it.

Katsu turned to her with a faint smile. "It's nothing to worry about. I'm just getting a bit too emotional," he said half-heartedly. "I just don't know how he would react if I asked him for something like this at this point. Maybe I'm worrying for nothing..."

"Nothing to worry about, but not sure if Koike wants to see you? You're giving me mixed answers, Katsu." Saki said, suddenly feeling quite awake. Growing worried she thought of something. "Maybe you are. It can help to talk about it instead of keeping everything stuffed inside for once, you know?" Flashing a friendly smile, she would wait how he would react to that before deciding to press on or not.

"It might be better to tell it with Koike here. The details are fuzzy in my mind," he said timidly before letting out a sigh. "I might get something wrong. I was very tired, and I don't even remember properly the..." His voice trailed off again before he got up. "I think I'm gonna go to sleep. If you don't want to walk home at this hour, I can bring out, as I said, a sheet and a pillow."

There was the temptation to infiltrate his mind and slowly, but surely get the answers out of him. Deciding against it Saki just nodded. "I would appreciate that. Thanks." Saki said as she stretched herself. Pushing the conversation that they just had to the back of her mind she would perhaps later pick it up with Koike. However, now it was time to sleep and start shedding off that creepy feeling that kept sticking after their training with the new shadow step.

Getting up to his feet, Katsu walked down into the corridor and opened a cupboard, from which he took a blanket and pillow. He set them down on the couch in the living room. "Good night, Saki," he said before letting out a loud whistle that got Tanpo to his feet, panting with excitement. "Come on, Tanpo! It's time for bed!" He walked into his room, and the direwolf rushed right after him just as he closed the door.

Watching the teen and his direwolf, Saki conjured a smile on her lips. "Good night Katsu. Watch out for creeping shadows.~" She would said, before laying down and inspecting her right hand, again. It still was looking normal, making Saki decide that she should stop worrying further about it.

1 Day ago

Collab between Sketching and Gero

Standing in front of a door, Katsu waited pensively, sure of what to do but hesitant. He had his hand up next to his head, formed into a fist. He bit the bottom of his lip as the sun slowly peaked over the edge of the roof, heating his head. After a minute, he quickly knocked on the door as if pulling off a bandage. Just after knocking, the boy recoiled and looked back, considering leaving.

Only fifteen seconds later would the door open. At first Koike blinked twice, but a faint smile would cross his lips. "Katsu," he would take a step aside to allow the other inside, "Come in. Didn't expect you, else I would've waited with lunch." He said, the tone of his voice revealing that the young man was in quite a good mood. Closing the door behind Katsu Koike took a second to eye his friend, not missing the fact he didn't seem that happy. "Want something to drink?" He asked, gesturing that they could sit down in the living room.

The boy seemed surprised. His mouth remained slightly open but not a word left it. He kept his gaze locked on his friend for a few seconds after Koike finished talking before speaking up. "Um... Y-yeah, sure." After another pause, he continued. "I'm sorry I didn't give you a heads up. I wasn't sure if-- well, I wanted to talk to you about..." His voice trailed off. He stared intently at his friend. "Ah. How are things going?"

"That's okay," Koike said as he would head to the kitchen. He was about to pour in two glasses of sake, but remembered that Katsu wasn't much of a fan of alcoholic beverages. Deciding to just go with two glasses of water Koike would walk back into the living room. Frowning slightly as Katsu mentioned that they need to talk about something Koike would simply nod. Placing the glass of water down in front of Katsu, Koike would take a seat for himself. "Hmm, I can't complain too much. Am doing some stuff as you know. Crafting bombs, attending to my gear and keeping my skills honed. Not really different from the usual," was Koike's answer as he would raise his own glass to his lips.

Katsu looked up at his friend, now considering whether or not to talk about what had happened with Shizu. Koike seemed well enough, but it was eating away at the young boy. "That's what I came here for. I have to talk about it..." He took a deep breath before speaking. "I was gonna say... Saki and I were working on a derivation of the Shadowstep technique. I think you might find it useful later." He quickly reached for the glass of water.

Taking a sip of his drink Koike frowned once more. Lowering the glass the young man would place it on the coffee table between them. Remaining silent the for a moment Koike let out a sigh. "Aye, always curious about derivations about some techniques. But doubt that is what you want to talk about." Leaning back in his seat Koike crossed his arms out front of his chest as he eyed Katsu for another time. "If there's something you want to talk about you can talk freely. Can't call each other brothers if we can't talk about something, can we?"

"I didn't--" The boy stopped as he looked at his friend's face. He waited for a few moments before lowering his head. "I... I came because I wasn't sure if you'd want to see me after what I did... I was afraid..." Katsu's voice trailed off as his head lowered.

"Aye, understandable. I was afraid that I was going to be a goner too." The young man said in a clear mocking tone as he shook his head. It was pretty clear what was bothering Katsu and could he blame him? No, but that didn't mean that he was troubled with it. "You did what I would have done to prevent... well, something else horrible to happen. I wrote the report as I saw it and you did your job. So no," once more Koike shook his head, "Mad? Not in the slightest. I am grateful and owe you one as crude as that might sound given that somebody else died in my place."

Befuddled, Katsu stared at his friend. "Ah..." He gave a smile. "I'm glad. I just thought... What with her being your wife--in any case, if... if we're fine, that's great!" He finished the rest of the water in his cup before putting it down. "That's a big weight off my--"

"Good. But you're right that it was my wife. And if you feel bad about what you did then you need to be honest, Katsu." Koike stated on a serious tone. "I have my own thoughts and feelings on what happened, but I hope you realise that I want to know that you're not just saying it and hide what you feel inside." That having said Koike would lock his eyes on the other.

"I was just... surprised, really," Katsu said with a light sigh. "I am glad, Koike. Of course I feel bad about having to kill our own fellow soldier, I feel horrible, but I can bear it because it was either her or you. But... what I was afraid of was you hating me for it... But I'm glad that's not how you feel."

"I would've done the same if I were you." Koike said, a small smile dawning on his lips. "And glad that you choose me. Can't say that I am quite excited about the idea of having a crystal spike impaling. Besides," he shrugged as he continued on, "It is perhaps better this way. She and I never had much contact or interaction. Perhaps she is now with her ancestors, somewhere better."

Katsu gave his friend a skeptical look but shook it off. "I wonder where that... thing went," the boy said after a moment's silence. "Anyway... Uh... Want me to show you what we were working on?"

"Hopefully dead, but," Koike nodded slowly. "Sure. I hope that this won't resolve in us needing to put some furniture away or becoming a risk for the room itself? I did some cleaning earlier today, you see." Koike said, not hiding his curiousity as he would stand up. There were some shadows, but not an awful lot. "Enough shadows or do I have to make some more?" He suggested, hooking his right thumb behind his belt.

"Of course you don't need to move--" Katsu froze, thinking for a few seconds. "--yeah, no need to move any furniture. The shadow's good as well." He brought his hands together and weaved a series of handsignals before sinking into the shadow of the couch he was sitting on. A moment later, a black, shrouded, thin long hand reached out from Koike's shadow.

Frowning upon the sight of the hand Koike remained standing on his place. "Doesn't look that attractive, that is for certain," he mumbled as he observed the arm. There was the temptation to see if it was intangible or not, but decided against it. "Can you even do something in such a form? Like talk or is it just looking creepy?" While the phrasing could make it sound like he was joking, the tone of Koike was quite serious.

"This form is pretty chakra conducive," Katsu said from inside the shadow. Slowly, the chakra around one of the fingers extended, sharp. "It has quite a bit of potential, especially for our line of work," he said before the hand went back into the shadow as he moved out. "The idea is using the form we have in the shadows to pull it into our regular world. It feels really weird though..."

"Quite interesting." Thinking about what he had seen and heard Koike frowned slightly. "I can think of various methods and situations in which it could benefit us to adapt such a form. Only what do you mean with it feels weird? Not to mention," he continued with a growing smile, "How did you manage to do this? Cause this is quite something if we manage to use this more advanced form in the field." Already various ideas started to play in his mind, on how and when such form of the shadow step could aid them.

"We started with just trying to do it with our hands. Try to mold your chakra with the world below before reaching out. It takes some time to get used to the new form, but you get used to it at one point," Katsu said. "It's also a bit difficult to move about at first, but with some practice, we can make it usable on the field before we go east, I think."

"Ah, yes. I have also some news. I have yet to consider it, of course," Koike said as he sat down. He found the new addition to the Shadow Step quite intriguing. The more he thought about it the tempting it was to postpone some duties so that he could try to get the hang of its basics. "The guardians aren't the only unit that goes east. Because of some accident, the colonel of the thirteen battalion, has become uncapable to lead his unit. Seeing of what the unit is composed out of, I have been offered to take over the command for the duration in the campaign east. This will not, of course, mean that I won't try to be involved with the Guardians and was hoping that I could count on you to be my aide."

The boy seemed surprised to hear what his friend had said. He looked down thoughtfully. "So... Would that mean we'd be shelved for field duty?" Katsu said. "I mean, if you're the CO and I'm your aide..."

"More or less. I can't be too certain, but I will try to be active in the field." Koike said, flashing a smile. "You're free to choose, but I rather have an aide who I can trust. Not that I will task you to clean my gear or attend to matters I can handle myself. Never like that idea, really." Though it was interesting if he could order his friend to do such things. Was only doubtful that Katsu would be willing to do that. "Besides that, I still will uphold my rank and position with the Guardians. Might just be a for a short time that I will serve as well with the thirteenth battalion."

The boy gave a warm smile to his friend. "I'll be at your side wherever you go. That's what brothers do, right?"

"Heh, yeah." Koike chuckled. "Thanks."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Eiji Emiya, sandybrown"]

Amekage Assistant | In the Streets

He was getting somewhere, he could feel it in the air. People were listening to him as he spoke of Amegakure and of the people who lived there. And while he knew that this would not solve all the problems immediately it was good to know that people were willing to listen to him. He could make a difference and it felt good to be reassured that not all citizens had gone crazy. It seemed only a select few who had the real intention of causing harm. The rest was just swept up by the whole ordeal. Eiji didn't blame them, he just wished them to lay down their weapons now.

And then Hoshi appeared.

And her words made everything worse. As he turned to her and listened he had the urge to tell her to shut up. What was she trying to do here? She told the people basically that if they rioted for a bit they could actually make demands. She told the people that violence in this form pays off. Break some rules and you get what you want, you get the Jounin Commander to step down. If anything that was the opposite of what he had been trying to state. That was not how their country worked.

As Hoshi stormed away Eiji remained before a confused crowd. A little bird had landed on his shoulder during the strange display of words stating: "Hoshi just got word that her sister died from injuries she sustained following extremists rioters attack that was most likely meant for her." And while he was saddened to hear it, it would not magically make Hoshi's words better. More and more people were gathering, the news attracting people like bees to a pot of honey. Eiji shoved his hands in his pockets. A buzz in his left ear told him that there was a small group of shinobi apparently waiting for him on the roof. Konoha folk. A small nod in acknowledgement was all the ANBU who told him that got.

"Listen!" he called out, trying to quell the many conversations that had just dragged the attention away from him. He could already hear plans forming. If this worked, then what else could the people demand. "Listen!" He didn't look very intimidating like this and yet his voice carried far.

"Miss Miwa's words were spoken out of grief. They are the words of a person who has lost something today, someone who cannot be blamed for her words, but also someone who cannot think straight. If you expect me to step down like her, then you are mistaken. I am not going anywhere. Our previous Amekage stepped down and look what happened to the city when he did. It left our city in riots, it left it in pain, he left us alone." He did not want to go against Ryoku because the man had done much for the city, but it was a fact that he had left at the most inopportune moment because he deemed his task to be done. But the task was never done. "I am not going to leave. I will not step down when things get rough because I believe that I can spend my time better in making the city a better place for all of you. I have made an oath when I became a shinobi of the Rain to protect my village and that means I will do that for the rest of my life. It is not just a job I took, it is a vow that cannot be broken. And yes, during that time I have lost many things including the mother of my daughter who was home alone today. A daughter of which I am not sure if she is safe because I chose to stand here before you instead. And I know that pain can cloud the mind, just like it is clouding the mind of Miss Miwa. But I have promised to stay level headed because it is my job as Assistant of the Amekage to look out for this city. And this city is not okay right now."

He shot a look to the roof where he was told that certain people were waiting for him.

"But a start would be if you would all stop staring at me like that and help me fix the problem. Because this is the work of a select view who think they can bring down our community with a few words and some broken windows. But that is not the case. I at least will not cower away when someone is treathening my home, nor will I listen to them. I will make sure that they realize what place they have come to visit and if they are listening now I hope that they understand that I am still here to defend these people. I will always be."

The crowd murmered and slowly, after some lengthy conversations between the people, started to disperse. Eiji waited patiently for a few minutes to see if they needed something more before he deemed it okay to leave. And with that he appeared on the roof next to Hiraku, Tomiko, Neji and one of his ANBU.

"You needed a word." He said, feeling like he didn't have the time for formalities right now. "You have about 10 minutes of my time." His eyes searched for their leader who would speak up. Considering that there was an Ame ANBU with them, he was pretty sure that this was something he needed to hear otherwise the people at the office would have told them to wait until he get back. "What is it I need to hear right now?"

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Meeting with Koi- I mean Aiko, purple, solid"]

Kazumo Sarutobi
Genin of Team 8

Heading towards the abandoned house to meet up with Koike proved more tedious now with debris blocking the way of some roads, and rioters in groups moving about proved to delay his arrival, yet when he was almost there he instead got orders from Aiko instead to meet with her at Point Delta instead. This really wasn't a huge issue with human, it just required some backtracking was all. "Understood" He replied back to her in Chonobi before making his way back to Point Delta, deciding to speed up his travels by going underground. With pulling some rioters down to their knees in the ground, just to give some of the police a hand in rounding them up. He had to wonder how the leaders of Amegakure were going to handle this situation. He didn't see anything to big to take care of them, so it seemed they were trying to handle it peacefully. Yet he had to wonder how long that would take, instead of pressing down on the issue.

Nearly there he decided to come back above ground and run the rest of the way there having pulled a total of thirty people under a bit today. Yet he was a bit curious as to what his sensei was going to do with him now, would it just be more riot control? only time would be able to tell him. Climbing to the top of the roof of Point Delta, he would sit down as he awaited the arrival of his sensei. He took a chance to look at his hands to see if maybe all the adrenaline was causing him to see red, but he would be wrong as it still stuck to his hands like glue. Shaking his head he would lower his hand and continue waiting for his sensei's arrival.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Waiting, violet]
Amegakure, 'Point Delta'.

A collab made between Honorabru and Lesli.

Summary :
Aiko and Kazumo meet up at point Delta. There they decide to wait and catch their breath, hoping that the others will soon set up communications with a local higher up.

[spoili]
A few minutes later, after Kazumo had arrived on the roof that was dubbed as Point Delta, Aiko would appear from the rain. Glancing at the city from their position she would also throw a quick look at Kazumo. Noticing that he didn't seem wounded or unable to carry on with going further Aiko wondered how the others were doing. How much trouble was there to be avoided or go through before she would be patched up with somebody? It certainly didn't aid to brighten her mood. "How are you holding up, so far?" She asked Kazumo, deciding to take this moment to catch her breath.

He wouldn't wait much longer before his sensei appeared out of the rain itself, a small twinge of regret hit him for risking blowing up his sensei with their plan from earlier. He could see from her appearance that it could have been very close, if one wrong move happened. She would then ask how he was holding up which caused him to be silent for a few seconds, as his eyes trailed to his hands briefly. Yet they would return to meet hers where he would give her a smile. "I'm alright, my legs are going to be sore tomorrow from running around everywhere. Yet I'm fine, no injuries that I can see. What about yourself?"

"Good," she answered while crouching down next to him, "I am okay." The answer went with a smile being flashed. "Just hoping that this whole situation cools down soon. Just need to be patched through with somebody and then I can see where we're needed the most." The woman stated. Realising something, a frown appeared on her brow. "Haven't heard anything from Sayuri or Tatsuya, however. Have you picked up any signal or message through the communicator?" Aiko asked, thinking about something.

When she mentioned needing to be patched up his face showed a sign of sadness, knowing he was the cause. "Sorry abou that..." He told her before she spoke of Sayuri and Tatsuya. He was a bit confused but shook his head in response. "Only message I've picked up was Neji, and Tomiko. Other than that I haven't heard a thing from Sayuri and Tatsuya. Do you want me to go find them?"

Noticing that his expression changed, Aiko wouldn't say anything about it. Hearing his apologies, the woman shook her head lightly. "I meant with being connected through with whoever in charge can help me out to figure out what we should do next, Kazumo. But thanks," gently she would bumped his shoulder with a fist. Hearing his answer on her question the woman answered back. "No. Well," Aiko let out a frustrated sigh as she would rephrase her answer, "Not now. There is too much going on and any moment we can be linked through with somebody who has some command. Tatsuya and Sayuri either need to keep fending for themselves or next time, like some others, listen to orders and not trail off when it is clear that they aren't allowed to." The last part was said with a less cheerful tone, but Aiko wouldn't linger on it.

"I hope this won't bring your opinion of Amegakure down. It has its charms, apart from the violence that is going on now," she told him.

She bumped his shoulder to reassure him, causing him to smile as she told him not to worry about it, at least right now that was. She was waiting to be linked in with someone who had command, which made him wonder who it would be. Last he knew the previous kage stepped down, so would it be the Jounin commander that would get in touch with them? Well they would find that out in due time he supposed. Although he sensed the unhappy tone in her voice, which he didn't have to ask about who she was referring too. Well all he knew was that if her lessons when someone was liked were brutal, it might be terrifying if she decided to teach you a lesson when angered.

She then casually brought up Amegakure and how she hoped this didn't sway his opinion on the place. He laughed a bit and shook his head. "I'm sure it's a lovely place, when it isn't on.... fire. I'll have to come back on a tourist visit sometime when people are a bit less rioting."

"Heh, perhaps we can then relax a bit instead of going all over the place. Though, this way we do get to see a lot of the city. At least, this part that is," she said while throwing a look at the sight in front of them. While she seemed more relaxed, the woman was starting to get anxious. She had hoped that the communications would be set up by now. The longer that they would have to wait, the worse the situation could get. "Once this over, we are going to have a debriefing though. With the whole team," Aiko brought that up in a calm tone, "When you're needed to report everything then I don't want you to state what we encountered. Doubt that the others will need to hear that there was something out there that caused us already quite some trouble."

"Well the part I saw before everyone was going crazy was pretty nice. Even had some tasty Ice cream. Sure hope the rioters didn't go burning that place to the ground." Kazumo would chuckle before being told that a debriefing would happen once this was over. Where he was told to leave out the tough encounter they had, probably to cause less worry. Silently nodding his head he would stay silent a bit before looking at her. "Sensei, a random question. Just know that I am fine. Yet...." he said raising his clean right hand towards her. "Do you see anything on my hand?"

A smile came back on her lips as she thought about his answer. "Would be a sign then that we will need to get some later, once everything has cooled down," a light chuckle escaped her as she realised her own pun. "Mhm?" Aiko turned her head as Kazumo spoke up. Wondering for a second what he was going to ask, she would look at his right hand. Taking another second to inspect his hand from her position, the woman would shake her head. "No, why? Does it feel weird?" Already she started to consider to bring him to the hospital. Perhaps he had been poisoned or a genjutsu had landed. Though she wasn't able to remember when that could have happened.

He smiled at the pun she made as well, yet when she started asking him questions on if his hand felt weird, he shook his head. "No it's fine. I'm probably just seeing things from all the sudden events that transpired. To me it looks like there is blood on them, but again probably just seeing red from all the violence. Nothing to worry about sensei. Although I hope you are serious about that ice cream. I take it very seriously now haha." He said laughing a bit, to make light of the situation at hand.

Blood on them? Growing confused Aiko threw another quick look at his hands. Spotting nothing, she worried for a moment if she wasn't under the spell of a genjutsu or being poisoned. Pondering further on it, the woman realised something. "Just stay calm. I got that from time to time as well," the woman said with the hopes that it would ease him a bit. "And, of course, I was serious with it. One shouldn't be joking when it comes down to ice cream. Though," she would move her right index finger to switch her communicator from C channel to the A. Only to switch back, not even a second later. "Would be great if the others could hurry up. Am not really fond of staying still for too long."

She took another look at his hands before telling him to stay calm and that she got that from time to time as well. Now it was his turn to be confused, by what she meant. She randomly saw blood on her hands? Yet she tried to make light of it herself by switching to ice cream which is where he let it stay before stating it would be great if the others could hurry up. He smiled a bit and would shrug. "Well hopefully they finish soon or else the rioters will get tired."

"Let us hope that it will be soon then." She replied back. Deciding to try to keep herself from seeking any active higher up with Kazumo, Aiko would start to check her gear. Count how much kunai were remaining in her pouch. Aware that she could be giving the vibe that she was starting to get restless Aiko wasn't sure what else they could do now than to wait. Something she didn't favour in a situation as that they were in now.
[/spoili][/fieldbox]

Reactions: Aliceee
[fieldbox=A busy day - part I, turquoise]
Kiyomi Homura I,
Akinian Empress | Konohagakure, Royal Palace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Pledge,

Summary :
As Kiyomi prepares for a busy day, a Sworn Sword visits her. The two exchange some words as the Sworn Sword vows a promise that leads to a development of friendship between the young ruler and royal guard.

[spoili]
Reading the report, it was actually good news. The foundation of the university as the grand hall that she had discussed before with the civic council some while ago, were founded. It was nowhere to the point that anyone could see a building in the constructions. But the report detailed that it was going at a good pace, regardless of the cold temperature. There were some setbacks, such as some workforce growing ill or required supplies taking longer to arrive, but nothing that seemed too dire. Good news, thus. Yet it didn't craft a smile on Kiyomi's lips. She didn't want to be busy with people today or do much at all. Folding the report the teen would place it on her desk.
Located in her study room, the teen leant forward with her elbows resting on the desk. Resting her head in her hands she thought what she was supposed to do today. There was the preparation for the meeting with the representatives and leaders of each clan in the Empire. She was expecting quite a large amount of them as there was also the mentioning of a feast in the invitations that were sent out. One that would spread into the city as well. The reason wasn't of any political motive, but because she considered it was a good idea to brighten the atmosphere. Not to mention that this would be the first military campaign of the formed empire.
Slowly she would lean forward, folding her arms before laying her head to rest on them. The feast would hopefully make people positive and eager to face the cold winter month while more changes would make their entry into their lives.

Closing her eyes Kiyomi desired to head to bed. While she had managed to spend some time with Hiron and had slept better last night than before, there was so much going on that she had to deal with. For a moment she wondered if she could not assign Hiron's team to have some kind of guard duty in the palace. It had crossed her mind that now that he had recovered from the previous mission he had been on that he would be eager to find Keiko and Aimi. And in the process not spare anybody who had something to do with breaking their family apart.
The thought created the image in her mind of she going with him, trying to find Keiko and Aimi. Eventually finding them and things would return to normal. More or less.

Thing was that it wouldn't go back to 'normal'.

She couldn't bring back Sakamoto and neither was she sure how to even approach Zakito or Hisoka on what she had all heard. Not to mention that it would be a matter of time before Meisa would learn of the dreadful event and then what? The idea of Meisa being angry was scary in a normal situation, but Kiyomi didn't feel any fear. She couldn't do anything else but to pity them.
Slowly her thoughts travelled back to Sakamoto. There was still the fact that she felt somewhat guilty for the Senju's demise, even she was aware that it was more irrational than anything else. She felt that she could've done something. Wasn't she the empress of the Akinian empire? Wasn't she the person people looked up to? Hadn't she overcome some dangers and troubles before, with and without help? When would it end with losing friends and beloved ones? How could she stop that tide, perhaps turning it around?
The questions made her want to punch something or just do anything to make them stop spinning through her mind. Instead, Kiyomi remained silent and still.

Hearing somebody knock on the door Kiyomi would lift her head up. There was a moment of confusion as she wondered who it could be, resulting in that she would speak up. "Come in."

The door opened to reveal a Sworn Sword entering the study room. His helmet was held underneath his right arm as his left hand rested on the handle of his sword. A most serious expression plastered over his face, Iroh would bow towards Kiyomi while remaining silent.

Eyeing the Hon, Kiyomi would remain silent for a second as well. Then she would break it by speaking up, again. "Yes, Iroh?"
Straightening his back the man seemed to be troubled with something. It took him a moment before he spoke up, his voice slightly trembling. "Your grace, I hope that I am not disturbing you but I wasn't sure if later would be a better time to address something," the man said, lowering his head.
Unsure of what he could have in mind to address, Kiyomi shook her head. "You didn't disturb me, Iroh. Please, go on."

Even while she spoke in a friendly tone, the man held his head lowered - thus unable to notice her flashing a smile. "I wish to offer my apologies, your grace. As I recall, my oath is that I am sworn to be your sword. Both to defend you from any harm with my life as to fight for and with you. However," the man paused for a moment as whatever was causing it, the man almost seemed on the brink to cry, "I failed in my duty. Yesterday I heard that you had left a shadow clone behind before venturing out. To a place that was unhealthy and I wasn't there to do all I can to prevent you from falling harm. I am... aware, that I am not able to prevent every injury or fend off any danger, but I still feel like I failed you."

Surprised Kiyomi just stared at Iroh as he would settle on a knee. Placing the helmet in front of him, the man kept himself lowered. "As the founder of my lineage, Hitaro, failed to defend his liege-lord, so have I failed you. I wish to request for a second chance. To be between you and any evil that wishes to harm you. Sworn to fight and honoured to give my life for you when that faith will come."

A silence would pass through the room. Kiyomi wasn't certain how to respond to Iroh. Learning of his lineage name, how he spoke and had kneeled down next to his words. It was a strong gesture that had moved her emotionally. Getting up from her seat Kiyomi's lips parted for a moment. Slowly her lips would be pressed to each other as she walked around the desk.

"Give me your blade."

Iroh looked up as she would stand in front of him, speaking the words in a serious tone. Pulling the weapon out of its scabbard in a careful and slow manner he would hold it towards her. Taking the sword by the handle Kiyomi would eye the sword for a moment. Clearly crafted by the Hyuzu smiths, which wasn't of any secret. The equipment and weaponry of the Sworn Swords were all produced and smithed by the smiths of that clan.

Lowering the blade with the point downwards Kiyomi rested both of her hands on the pommel of the sword. Speaking up, Kiyomi would phrase and speak in Chonobi. "Do you, Iroh Hon of the Hitaro lineage, swear to defend mine and that of my lineage's life? To be between me and my enemies and bring both victory and prestige. Or die trying?"

The man nodded slowly as he would bring his right hand to his chest. "I swear," he answered, shifting into Chonobi as well, "By the blood of my father and everything I hold dear, this I swear, your grace."

"Then rise. For I doubt that you can protect me while kneeling," Kiyomi said, trying to sound serious while a smile dawned on her lips. This caused Iroh to rise as a small smile broke through his serious facial expression. Raising the blade by the handle Kiyomi nodded towards Iroh.

"Strength and honour."
"Strength and honour, your grace."

Sheathing the sword the man would take a step back, to bow in her direction. Kiyomi would turn on her heels and walk back to take once more her seat on the chair behind her desk. "Now, about your ancestor. Cause I assume that you're already familiar with the tale of Sigeberth," she said.

"That I am, your grace. I will apologise in advance as the origin story of my lineage ain't a particularly exciting one as yours," Iroh answered. "Hitaro, my ancestor and founder of the lineage, was the bodyguard and friend of the lord, Tenzo Hon. At the time, the lord of Ecla. I remember that the descendants of that lord still are the governors of the city. I was brought up with that the origin story of my ancestor wasn't one of prestige or pride. It was to remember me and my siblings that duty is the way to reach the halls in which our ancestors feast. You see, Hitaro and lord Tenzo were good friends. As Hitaro was an exceptional warrior..."
[/spoili][/fieldbox]

Reactions: Gerontis and Nim
[fieldbox=A busy day - part II, turquoise]
Spitting Fire?

A collab written by Sketching and Aliceee

Summary :
After being distracted and somewhat feeling cheered up, Kiyomi is visited by Katsu. The two do a bit of training before they are being informed that some preparations need to be checked by Kiyomi.

[spoili]The wooden practice sword fell out of Katsu's hand as he fell on his back. Grumbling, he reached out and grasped it once more before slowly getting back to his feet. He cleaned his forehead of sweat before joining it with the other at the hilt of the weapon. "Ah... That hurt a bit."

"Good!" Kiyomi said, a small smile dawning on her lips. Leaning slightly fowards as she panted, her left hand would be raised to sweep the sweat from her forehead. Knowing that leaning forward wasn't going to make it easier or faster to catch her breath, Kiyomi wanted to keep herself standing. Glancing at Katsu, she chuckled softly. "That was actually more fun than I had expected. You're actually learning, you know." She joked, straightening her back in an attempt to not look winded.

Katsu adjusted his footing. "I have good teachers," he said. "Well... A few. There's this one teacher that's just sore..." Just as he finished his sentence, he moved forward with a diagonal upwards slash.

Instead of reacting back, Kiyomi would focus on stepping aside to move out of the way of the slash. With her free hand, she would attempt to shove Katsu away as she gave a reply back. "Sore isn't the word I would use."

Bringing the blade of the wooden sword down to meet the hand, Katsu pivoted back as he took his stance once again. "Many adjectives come to mind," he said with a snarky smile, moving slowly sideways.

Her eyes slightly widened as she saw the movement. In a quick step, Kiyomi managed to avoid the attack while pulling her hand back. Bringing her own wooden sword up, she would remain on the defense while watching his movements, prying with her gaze for an opening to exploit. "Same goes for a bratty student."

"It goes double for bratty empresses."
"It doesn't!"
"You're right. It goes triple."

Narrowing her eyes, Kiyomi would keep moving with Katsu to not give any opening, but decided to now go on the offensive. A quick stab was made, aimed at the stomach of her opponent, as she readied for what she would follow her movement up with.

"Whoa!" Katsu made a parry at the last moment, moving his blade to glide from the side of hers as he moved himself ever so slightly away. His eyes went from her hands to her feet in a split-second, then quickly back.

As Katsu parried at the last moment Kiyomi made her movement. Stepping forward she would attempt to slam her weight and shoulder at Katsu in an effort to make him stumble backwards and hopefully creating an opening for a following up attack. As she brought her weight towards him, Katsu swung his foot towards her shin as he took the full brunt of the hit. He stumbled back with his footing taking a moment to recover.

Grunting as she felt the sharp pain from the kick, Kiyomi took the moment in which she could have used to 'end' the duel to keep her balance. Exhaustion mixed with pain wasn't a fun combination. Readying her wooden sword once more she sighed softly. Stepping slowly to the left the jade coloured eyes tried to find another opening. "Seems that somebody still is fond of cheating."

"Hah! So it's only cheating when I do it?" he retorted as he lifted the blade up. "Remember last time? I thought the lesson was that all's fair~!" He brought his blade down as he pivoted away to create some distance. "Want to take a break? We could continue with a higher pace right after."

Lowering her sword, Kiyomi nodded. "Sure, fine with me." Kiyomi answered as she would roll with her shoulders for a moment. "And, of course, it is when you do it. Remember who I am? I can't possibly do anything w---."

"Yeah, you're the bratty--"

"And the one who won last time. Unless you want to have---"

"Psh, dream on! I'm not saying I can win again. I'm saying you cheated last time, so--"

"I didn't cheat! You... I am... I should kick your ass right here and now. Just to teach you a real lesson." Kiyomi frowned as she let the wooden blade rest on her shoulder. The boy sat down with a relaxed smile."Then again, I suppose that would be a bit redunant. Maybe I should ask you what happened in Amegakure?" She suddenly asked, her head tilting slightly to the right. "I have read the report, but what became of Shizu. Didn't read much details about how she became ... you know, KIA."

The smile vanished and Katsu's eyes moved down. "Ah." He seemed like he was going to follow up, but he kept his gaze on the ground, remaining silent. Sitting down as well, Kiyomi would brush some strands away, frowning for a moment. Observing her friend's body language, she couldn't conjure anything that she could take as answer on her question. "What happened, Katsu?" She asked, this time on a soft tone, a worried expression shifting on her facial features.

After a moment, he looked up with a befuddled look. "Huh? Oh. Right..." He waited for a few seconds before speaking up. "Wait, didn't you read the report?"

Nodding, Kiyomi replied back. "Yes, but the details weren't really satisyfing. It was reported that she was killed in action when the riots began. There isn't more to it. Makes me wonder who was all with her at the time. Not that I had a chance to offer my condonlences to Koike. Am not completely sure how to say that, seeing I don't know if they were already close or not." Kiyomi said, scratching her neck.

"They were married, y'know that, right?" Katsu said with a light chuckle. "Haha..." The boy let out a sigh. "I'd... I'd rather not talk about what happened. Not now, at least."

Her lips parted as Kiyomi wanted to say something, but she decided against it. Nodding, she remained silent for a moment. Looking away, she wondered for a moment what had happened. Deciding to not push him into talking Kiyomi let out a sigh. "So, you and the others are going soon to the eastern continent. Got your bag already packed?" Kiyomi asked, trying to sound cheerful. For a moment she considered that she still had to talk with Saki, but pushed that away in the back of her mind. "You're going to write me, right? I want to know how it looks like and perhaps if there are any fun or interesting customs. And, of course, if you meet cool people. Or fun, or both. Would really be great if you would write."

Katsu stared at her before letting out a short, hearty laugh. "Haha... Sure I'd write, but make sure they don't get lost in your mail, bratty empress," he said as he got back to his feet. "Rested, Kiyomi?"

"I will order my good servants to be extra watchful for any letters with a bad handwriting. Or letters that smell strange." She replied back, flashing a grin back. Scoffing, Kiyomi would get up on her feet. "I should ask if you're rested." Raising her wooden sword, she raised her chin slightly. "Going to cheat again, though?"

"Want to kick things up a notch?"
"Depends on what you have on your mind."

Katsu's eyes turned red as he raised the sword up. "Ready?" A soft whistle was produced by Kiyomi as she smiled afterwards. "You know, that is so unfair. If I change my eyes, I won't be able to turn them red or make them do the things a sharingan can do. What am I allowed to use?~" She asked, her left eyebrow slightly perking up.

"The years of more experience you have," Katsu responded with a grin. "Just trying to make sure you don't get bored."

Realising that he didn't know about her eyes, Kiyomi feigned that she was bothered with this. "Fine, but no genjutsu. Let's try to keep it... honourable." She said the last word with a certain sarcastic emphasis. Without any further warning the teen would move forward, letting the wooden sword move as well towards to force Katsu into the defense. With the charge, Katsu made a quick sidestep to move out of the way and counter attack simultaneously, swinging the sword sideways as he did so.

Forced, Kiyomi raised her weapon to deflect the counter-attack. Stepping to properly face Katsu, she wasn't able to lash out, thus deciding to focus on her defense until she could get or create an opening. "Pesky eyes." She muttered underneath her breath.

Katsu pivoted forward as she repositioned, and quickly followed up with a sideways slash to.
Deflecting the slash, Kiyomi would attempt a kick at Katsu's right shin. With a quick movement of the foot, Katsu evaded the kick while swinging the sword again, hoping to make use of her being on only one foot.

Putting her foot firmly down as she noticed his movement, Kiyomi would move her blade in the way of his to block the attack. Feeling the vibration going through her hand and arm the teen gritted her teeth. Using her free hand, she feigned a punch while pushing with her blade back. The boy made a move to the side, sliding his blade across hers as he moved away from the side of her free hand while trying to redirect her extra push to where he had been a moment earlier.

Instead of moving with Katsu in order to try to keep up the offense, Kiyomi would take a step back as she would click with her tongue. Taking a second to catch her breathe, she considered something. Making the wooden sword swirl in front of her as if she needed to loosen her wrist, Kiyomi would take two steps to left. Katsu mimicked her steps to keep the distance between them. "Hah... How're you... holding up?"

The question was met with Kiyomi stepping forwards, while raising her wooden sword. Instead, however, aiming to deliver a strike she would fling the wooden weapon towards Katsu while readying herself to keep moving forwards. Aiming to tackle the Uchiha down while he had to deal with an object thrown at him.

Katsu's eyes widened as he tried to move out of its way, only to being forced to push it to the side while keeping his sword in front of him. Rushing forwards, Kiyomi would keep watch of the sword as she aimed to lunge forward when Katsu moved out of the way. A short growl escaped her as she attempted her move to bring the other down. The boy moved the sword upwards with a slash from right the center as she rushed him.

Narrowing her eyes, Kiyomi would lunge forward, spotting the movement of Katsu's blade. Knowing she wouldn't be able to be fast enough to react, she pressed on with attempting to put the speed and weight behind her body to deliver the impact. The moment Katsu's weapon made contect, a small smile flashed on his lips but it vanished as he noticed that she didn't lose any momentum. As she crashed into him, he felt himself slam into the ground, confused and aching. "O... Ow...."

Feeling a sharp pain, Kiyomi would clench her right hand into a fist. Scurrying, she would aim to quickly gain the upper hand now that Katsu was on the ground with her. "W-Want to surrender?" She grumbled, already trying to get ready to try to punch him and continue their duel. Katsu brought up his hands defensively. "I tagged you," he objected as he groaned.

"Ha!" Kiyomi grinned as she would attempt to land some punches - though not trying to hurt him, by punching with all she had. While doing so, she tried to get on top of Katsu. "Surrender and I will spare your sorry ass!"

"Ow, stop it!" Katsu tried to roll away. "How do people call you 'your grace'?! You have none!" He squirmed, rolling over and shielding his head. She, however, followed him with the tenacity of a hungry direwolf. Just as she managed to get him and get on top, Kiyomi raised her right fist. "Surr...." Catching something in the corner of her sight Kiyomi became silent. In the door opening there was a Sworn Sword, staring at the Empress literally on top of a boy. Her hair in a mess and the situation raising more questions and thoughts.

"Oh..." Kiyomi became silent as she slowly threw a look at Katsu. The Sworn Sword raised his right eyebrow, but remained silent as he would throw a look at Katsu, before making a short bow in a slow manner. "Iroh, oh," Getting up from Katsu, Kiyomi quickly raised her hands up to try to fix her hair. "This is Katsu Uchiha. A friend of mine."

It took Katsu a few seconds to remove his hands from in front of his face. Once he did, he quickly scurried backwards up to his feet. "Ow..." It took him a moment to notice the third person in the room. He looked over at the man blankly for a second before straightening his back.

"Katsu, this is... Iroh Hon." The man remained silent, though nodding towards Katsu. "As you can see, one of the Sworn Sword." Kiyomi continued, throwing a glance at the man. A pause followed, but the man remained silent. "Who came to...?" Kiyomi eventually asked. "See if her grace was fine, your grace." The man answered. "Yes, I am doing fine. Besides," she chuckled and pointed with her thumb at Katsu. "He is no threat to me," she said.

"... sore little..." The boy muttered indistinctly as he crossed his arms.

The man glanced at the boy, before speaking up in a different tongue. It was short and he sounded calm. Kiyomi frowned and shook her head. "No. But I assume that you've not been sent to just check on me?" She asked. The man slowly shook his head. "The requested people have arrived. I was told you would be quite interested in hearing when they would arrive, your grace." The man answered.

"Oh! Oh! Come!" Kiyomi patted Katsu's shoulder, a big grin appearing on her face. "Go ahead and call for some others, I will be there in a moment." Iroh would once more bow in a short and slow manner before turning around on his heels. "Come, I didn't expect it to arrive today. But I had requested for some artists. Unless," she said, but would stop at the door opening and half turning to face Katsu. "You want to do something else? It might be fun. You know, musicians and jugglers. And I think that there was somebody who could eat fire and then spite it out. Without using chakra."

Katsu tilted his head to the side, looking at the door the man had left through. "Uh... Yeah, sure. Um..." He remained still for a moment before turning to her. "What did he say?"

A giggle escaped Kiyomi as they started to walk through the halls. "Roughly translated? If I minded you speaking like that. Don't worry too much about it. Iroh is ... he is quite okay. I think you would like him if you get to know him better." She explained. "He is really amazing when it comes down to kendo. Saw him once sparring against another man and he finished it within three strikes. Isn't much of a talker, though." Kiyomi said, thinking for a moment.

"I bet that person didn't try to tackle him after getting tagged," Katsu said with a childish voice. Scoffing Kiyomi slightly raised her chin. "No, but neither did that other person squirm over the ground as a little bug.~"

The boy stuck his tongue out. He walked over to the door as he cleaned some of the sweat on his forehead off. He turned back to her and crossed his arms. "Let's go then!" Nodding, Kiyomi wanted to open the door, but halted her movements. Frowning she quickly checked herself. Clearly not wearing the clothing one would expect from an empress she threw a look at him. "You know, this is going to be technically your fault when the maidens will get a heartattack." Kiyomi said, raising her indexfinger towards Katsu. "As a member of the Guardians, you're supposed to defend me," the teen said, shifting her tone to sound feigned offended, while placing her left hand on her chest. "How must I now present myself, like this?"

Katsu raised an eyebrow, leaning to one side with his arms still crossed. "What do you want me to do? Assassinate your maids? Or maybe do some subterfuge and break their needles or burn your uncomfortable clothes?" A silence followed his question for a moment. "Conjure some clothes? Going to apologise whenever anybody brings... well, wait..." Realising that nobody would likely bring it up to her, Kiyomi couldn't help but chuckle. "Still your fault." She said, before opening the door. Entering a large hall, there was a large group of people. Dressed in colourful clothing and some having instruments as tools, there were also a number of servants and Sworn Swords being present.

Wiping up a smile on her lips Kiyomi would throw a look at the group, curious but silent for a moment. Out of the group came a man, who made a bow - followed by the others - before introducing himself as the organiser and leader of the group. Explaining what kind of acts that they had, the man clapped his hands. Men and women with instruments started to play with their instruments, filling the large room with a cheerful tune as several women started to dance and a man lightening a torch. "Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh," nudging Katsu she would nod towards the man with the torch, "Think that is the man. See? See?" She said, her smile growing as the man would perform his trick by eating the fire and spitting it up in a small and harmless cone up.

Katsu followed her out and looked around at the group. He looked from the musicians to the dancers to the fire breather before staring blankly for a moment and turning to Kiyomi. "Is there something happening soon?"

"Hm? Oh yes." She said, nodding to the group as she folded her hands in front of her stomach. "I wanted to throw a festival. You know, you and the others are going soon. And... well, I ..." Becoming silent as she stared at the group, Kiyomi would speak up a few seconds later. "Wanted to enjoy one fun evening before I am going to miss you all. That's all." She muttered. The boy looked back over to the group. He watched for a long while before speaking up. "Ah..." He bit the nail of his thumb. "I wonder how long it'll last..."

"Psh, probably not too long." Kiyomi said, in a cheerful tone. It was clear, however, to both of them that the tone was feigned. Watching the group, Kiyomi remained silent. Glancing sideways at Katsu, she would suddenly reach out to one of his hands. "You're such an idiot! Come! Let's dance!" She said, pulling him to dance on the cheerful music. A weak smile appeared on his lips as he followed suit. "Fine, whatever."[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=A busy day - part III, turquoise]
The Second meeting of the Akinian clans,
Royal Palace.

A collab made by :
- Aliceee,
- Fieryfly,
- Lesli,
- Chromehound,
- Jason,
- Gerontis,
- Rusty,
- Nim,
- Ice,

Summary :
A second clan meeting is hosted, this time in the Royal Palace. Directing the meeting, Kiyomi intends to create a more cohesive realm by starting with another meeting.

[spoili]
Even with the looks of the dreadful weather, she didn't let that ruin her mood. Standing in the room with her fists on her hip Kiyomi had to admit that she was in a pretty good mood - considering everything that had so far happened. The preparations were already done a few hours ago. She had even helped where she could this afternoon, surprising many servants with her appearance. Eventually, she had been 'caught' and with the maids attending to her appearance she hadn't been able to help out. It had irritated her quite a lot, but she was looking forward to the meeting. Even if the last one had been bittersweet with some of its developments. Walking towards the chair that was meant for her to sit on, Kiyomi looked around. The room used to be one to impress a visitor. To boast the wealth of Akino, displaying the art of not only just the Hon clan but that of others as well. Paintings that displayed the foundation of Konoha, the rise of the First Hokage and so on.

Dressed in a dark blue and dark grey outfit, Kiyomi had some success in not wearing any dress. Her hair was braided, but she wouldn't mind as she was wearing clothing that was much more comfortable and fitting to her taste. Looking around, she hoped that she wouldn't need to wait long for the first guest to arrive. If anything, she was curious who would be sent by each clan to represent them. She did know that some wouldn't likely be capable of attending, but that list was small. Taking her seat, Kiyomi would place her hands folded together on the table. Taking the moment of 'solitude' Kiyomi decided to just think about what she would address to each clan head and how she would carry herself. The blunders of the previous meeting because of people unable to convey diplomatic matters correctly wouldn't be treated as she had tried before. Clearly, some people didn't seem to grasp her intensions when being trying to remain friendly and respectful.

It took him some time before he was allowed further and guided by a servant. Admitting in silence that the system of the seal being checked was a good one, Teng wondered for a moment how this meeting would go. With Aiko being occupied, he had been chosen to go and represent the clan. As the advisor on cultural manners to Aiko, he wondered for a moment how he would need to carry himself. If he understood it correctly, this would be a different meeting than the one that had occurred in Keishi last time. A meeting he had been interested in, after hearing quite the amusing developments. Today it would likely be different as he doubted any clan inside the realm would send youngsters that didn't know or were educated in the arts of diplomacy. Which was both a good and a bad thing. Good, seeing that it would make it less hectic to deal with others. And bad, cause he had to be careful in knowing what would be said and what really was the meaning behind words. Not that he or considered his clan to be paranoid of some dark plot against them. If anything, most clans seemed so far to be quite neutral or not really interested in dealing with the Cho clan - excluding with trade and commerce at least.

Being led to the room where the meeting would be held, Teng took a quick look around. Truth be told, he had expected some Hon influence. Even with the different surname to distuingish herself from her clan, Teng would consider the Homura and its future members to be Hons. Walking to the front of the 'U' shaped table, Teng would make a deep bow towards Kiyomi. "Your majesty, You are absolutely, astoundingly gorgeous and that's the least interesting thing about you. I can't find no greater honour than to be allowed in your presence." A friendly smile would cross the man's lips as he would take a place at the left side - next to the reserved spot.

Shozo Uchiha remained perfectly still and quiet as the Sworn Sword checked him for weapons after the man had confirmed the invitation was authentic. An unnecessary measure since he hardly carried anything, yet he acknowledged and understood the intention of this precausion. He agreed with it. These were still dangerous times and now that the Empress was fully installed, regardless if that was to his wish or not, they would do well to take all of the important measures to keep her safe. Dressed in the traditional robes of the Uchiha, dark blue against stark grey with the clan symbol on the right sleeve and back of the haori, the man looked as impeccable as ever. His hair, tied in a tight ponytail, hardly reached the back of his neck. Over the years grey streaks had begun to form, yet it still retained some of its traditional dark color.

When the Sworn Sword was done Shozo stepped past the man with a curt nod, getting a small bow in return, and entered the room where Teng Cho just finished his compliments to the Empress herself. Shozo's eyes quickly scanned the seats and positioning before turning his eyes upon the young ruler herself. The details of the room were not lost on him and despite his stern outlook it pleased him to recognize some of the work reflect certain things of the Uchiha. Vanity had always been a slight weakpoint of his, or so he had been told by his son.

He made a bow before the Empress. "Your Grace," he said, the corners of his mouth creeping upwards ever so slightly to present her with a smile. "It is wonderful to find you in good health and spirits." With that said the man raised his head again and slowly made his way to the right side where he would position himself next to the chair of the Hon Representative.

Makoto watched the Sworn Sword before him, waiting for the man to finish checking him for weapons. An unnecessary measure for the Hanta, as the man hardly carried any weapons these days. Though he definitely understood why the precaution was nessecary in these times. It made sense. Times were dangerous, and their Empress had to be protected else risking the appearance of weakness to those who might wish to do them harm. The man wore a simple, yet formal outfit in the tradational black and white colors of the Hanta. However, one would be able to notice that only one of the sleeves actually had an arm in it. With that, the various scars across his features, and the eyepatch covering his missing left eye; one would be able to tell the man had seen his fair share of conflict. His once dark hair now completely grey, was cut short to keep its maitence at a minimum.

Whenever the brief inspection was finished, Makoto moved on into the palace after giving a small nod to the Sworn Sword. Following the servant, the man looked around the royal palace, admiteddly a bit impressed by the size of it all. Eventually he did arrive in the large room as the others, shortly after Shozo had made his way to the chair of his choice. Makoto briefly looked around to take in the sights of the large room, noting how each clan seemed to be represented in the art to some degree. A small smile touched the old man's lips as he noticed a Hanta piece among the other art.

Makoto made a polite bow before the Empress, holding it for a brief moment before staightening up and speaking. "Your Grace," he began as he studied her with his remaining eye. "It is a true honor to see you again." He said in a kind tone before making his way to the right side, positioning himself next to Shozo and gave the man a nod in greeting as he approached.

Waiting patiently, Kenta just stared in front of him. Leaning on his cane, he wouldn't argue or start to grumble about the fact some damn youngsters decided to check if he had any weapons on him. They were lucky that old age had robbed him of the ability to beat them back and forth. The bitter looking old man had already a long ride from Magnhild all the way to Konohagakure and he wasn't planning to make it any more troublesome. If anything, he was still bitter that he hadn't been allowed to ride a horse himself. Even as he had stubbornly resisted being taken to the capital in a carriage Kenta had lost the argument back home. Though not having experienced most of the ride as he kept falling asleep, Kenta had been wide awake when they had arrived in Konoha. The old man hadn't visited the city that often in his long life. Perhaps two times? And he had already considered that more than enough. This wasn't his home and it wasn't filled with his people. Grumbling he already started to curse some others inside the carriage. The idea he had to deal with some people of cultures he didn't like wasn't really appealing. Knowing, however, his place Kenta would just let the many wrinkles hide away his emotions and expressions. The only thing a person would see would be a bitter looking man that didn't smile that much more with being on such an 'advanced' age.

Allowed to head to the room where the meeting would be held, Kenta already 'suffered' something. The servant was quite eager to show the old man the place but forgot to keep his pace in check. Glaring at the young man, Kenta had to resist the temptation to scold or else whack the man on the back of his head. Arriving in the said room of the meeting, Kenta already spotted a few people. His gaze fell on Kiyomi and a little smile grew on the man's face. Walking in his slow pace with the support of his cane, Kenta cleared his throat. Only to cough twice before he was capable of speaking up. "Your grace," He inclined his head towards her for a moment. He wouldn't mind bowing for Kiyomi. While he had a disdain for dealing with youngsters, she had proven herself in his opinion during the Hon siege with the Shoji Oppression. Oh, what had he longed back then to be in the fray as well. Sadly, he wasn't allowed and now he was here. Unable to also bow because of his back.
Looking around where he could sit, not liking the shape of the table. Why did it have to be an 'U' shape? Couldn't it be round or something common? Bah! If he could figure out who had started this 'U' shaped table trend, he would whack that person with his cane!

The same servant of before walked up to the man and whispered where he could sit. At the right side of Kiyomi? The man raised his chin a bit as he would start heading to the place. Which was rather slow, but he had the time. That and he was quite content with the place. Being at the right side was an honourable position. It was in his culture coming forth from how battle formations were planned. The more right you and your unit were set the more honour and value others had in you. At least, so was it in their history books and manuals. Settling down, he glanced at the man next to him. Spotting the Uchiha symbol, Kenta stared for a moment at the man with the black hair. Kenta didn't like the Uchiha. For the simple reason that he wasn't sure what to think of them. They weren't allies and yet also never had been rivals and enemies of the Hon clan. "Good day." He mumbled, nodding towards the Uchiha as he would turn to Kiyomi. "You've grown." Kenta mumbled to the young empress, a chuckle followed. And after the chuckle a coughing fit followed.

Michiro was elated. He had the great opportunity to show that the Hyuuga clan was the best clan in front of all of the others. He would show them that the Hyuuga were above and beyond by doing all he could to show how humble they were, which was, of course, exactly what their new leader wanted him to do. Well, this is what Michiro thought their leader wanted him to do. But either way, in the end he would follow the instructions to treat everyone equally and fairly. Perhaps it was a plan to get them all on the Hyuuga side so that the Hyuuga had the most political power? Whatever the reasoning, he trusted that treating others with respect would have a good end result for him.

As Michiro neared the palace, he found his happiness fading into seriousness. He needed to do well, or he might not be asked to do anything like this again. If that happened, he would lose this chance to get his line in good favor of Hiraku's, hopefully leading to the closest to leadership he could get. As he eventually reached the palace as well as the guards checking for weapons, he let his mind stop wandering and come back to the moment. He showed the seal, was checked for weapons, and found his way into the meeting room. He began looking around, taking note of the design and furnishings. Odd... There's no representation of most of the clans here... This can't possibly be treating each of us fairly... Maybe this is why our new leader wants us to work so hard to be more kind...?

Michiro found his gaze wandering itself to the empress, and he approached, bowing as low as he could without falling. "I am Michiro Hyuuga, and I am pleased to meet you, Empress. Please forgive that Hiraku is not here himself, he was incapable of coming, but left me to attend in his stead. I do sincerely hope that this will not offend you or any of the other clans at all." Michiro spoke this with a rehearsed tone, as he had rehearsed it. He raised back up from his bow, adding an ammendment to his statement in his mind Well, I hope it doesn't offend you... The rest of the clans can learn to respect us with time.

Approaching the royal palace, garbed in the standard formal wear of his clan - in this case deep purple robes, lined with a thin golden thread that matched with the golden antlers sewn into the fabric at his back. Below the antlers laid the symbol of his clan - Shikamura paused to admire the palace's beauty. He was not one to normally appreciate the stylings of luxurious extravagence, but in this case he would make an exception. Continuing to move, the Nara noticed the Sworn Swords guarding the entrance. Pulling the sealed document from his robes, Shikamura presented it to the guards at the front and awaited their inspection.

Once he was checked for weapons and the seal was validated, Shikamura was granted entrance into the palace itself. Following a servant into the meeting chamber, the Nara admired the many different forms of art on display. It would appear that the inside was every bit as beautiful as the outside. Making his way over to the large U-shaped table, Shikamura glanced around to see where everyone was sitting. It was always interesting to see how people aligned themselves. Smiling slightly, the Nara approached the Empress, standing next to the man who had introduced himself as a Hyuuga. Bowing towards the young Empress, Shikamura's smile widened and he spoke, his tone voice sincere. "Thank you for the invitation, Empress Homura. It is an honour to be welcomed into such a beautiful place." Nodding politely, Shikamura stood and then bowed to the remaining clan members before taking his seat on the left, next to the Cho representative. Offering a polite hello to Teng, Shikamura turned back to the entrance of the hall, curious to see who was left.

Running late, Jora was slightly flustered. Eliza had insisted upon helping him prepare and - what he had initially considered to be a good idea - had quickly turned into an extravagent game of dress-up. Eliza spent over an hour finding the perfect outfit, gussying him up and styling his hair to look as fancy as possible. When the young Hyuzu had looked into the mirror he had groaned, earning himself a cuff to the back of his head. Jora was dressed in the official Dress Uniform of the Dragon Guard - a high coloured button up jacket, formal pants and the dark grey shoulder sash that traveled from his left shoulder to his right hip and which contained the symbol of the Dragon Guard. The uniform itself was mostly black, save for the trim and the insignia of the Hyuzu clan, which were silver, and the small decorative patches of white, which stood in stark contrast to the rest of the uniform. Jora had managed to convince Eliza to not make him wear the pins that signified his rank. It had taken some persuasion, but he relished in the small victory. Truth be told, Jora was embarrassed of his current rank, and did not wish to advertise to the rest of the clan leaders that he was still not even a Lieutenant within the Dragon Guard.

When he had finally managed to escape from the clutches of his fiancee, Jora had hurriedly made his way towards the royal palace. As soon as he knew he was out of eyeshot of Eliza, Jora fiddled with his hair, getting it back to its standard messy look. She would hit him for it later, he knew that much, but it was worth it.

Arriving at the royal palace, Jora presented his sealed document and let the Sworn Sword check him for weapons. Once he had finished, Jora bowed politely and made his way inside. Following alongside a very... particular servant, the young Hyuzu stopped many times to marvel at the sights. This earned him the ire of the servant who wished nothing more than to get him to the meeting room, but Jora remained oblivious to the man's grumpy reminders to continue along. When they reached the meeting hall, Jora let out an awed whistle, impressed at the size and grandeur of the room. Realizing that this was probably not the best way to conduct himself, Jora quickly straightened his posture and adjusted his collar.

Approaching the middle of the U-shaped table, where the Empress sat, Jora lowered himself into a deep bow. Raising himself so that his eyes were level with Kiyomi's, the young Hyuzu flashed her a wide grin. "It is wonderful to see you again, Your Excellence." Standing to his full height, Jora paused for a moment, wondering where he should sit. "This place is stunning..." Feeling a slight tap on his arm, Jora turned to see the same servant gesturing towards the seat at Kiyomi's left. Raising an eyebrow in surprise, Jora glanced back to the Empress before nodding and taking his seat. Straightening his uniform again, the young Hyuzu hoped he didn't look like too much of a stiff. Leaning towards Kiyomi after a brief moment, he whispered quietly. "My brother wishes he could be here. He asked me to say hello for him. And... well, a bunch of other lovey dovey stuff that I think might sound a little strange coming from me." Flashing another smile towards Kiyomi, Jora sat back up in his seat and turned to look around at the other clan members.

Arriving at the palace's perimeter, Ling followed the procedure with a friendly smile displayed on his lips. Wearing the dark brown and light green colours with a comfortable and yet formal garb, Ling had made sure to not portray too much that he was representing the Sarutobi clan. Which would sound perhaps strange, but he was aware that attracting too much attention and portraying his clan too proudly could portray a wrong image. A result her rather avoided if he could. Being allowed to enter the royal complex, guided by a servant, Ling would follow the young woman. She seemed to be quite eager to show him the room and he noticed she threw several glances at him. The friendly smile was still being displayed on Ling's lips as he followed her. Entering the room in which the meeting would be hosted, Ling would shot a quick look on those who were present. He already recognized some faces pretty quickly. There were some that he hadn't interacted with or not at least a lot, but staring and standing still wouldn't be likely appreciated. Approaching the center of the front of the U shaped table, Ling would bow deep towards the Empress. "It does me a pleasure to be in your presence again, your grace." The man said with a pleasant tone before he would straighten his back. Deciding to sit next to the leader of the Hanta clan, Ling would incline his head as a form of respect and greeting to the clan leader.

Kiyomi sat in her seat and would remain so, nodding back and flashing a smile to those who greeted her. Only by the arrival of Kenta did the polite smile grow. She had expected somebody to represent the Hon clan while Zakito would be quite busy with the last phases of his plans. But Kenta, that old man, was a pleasant surprise. For a moment she wondered if it was indeed the same old grumpy, stubborn and inspiring figure she had met during the Hon siege or if he was just tired. Almost had she moved up to help the man, but she remembered that he would probably despise such an action. Remaing thus in her seat, she would keep on smiling. "I did, heh." For a moment the calm, friendly and 'professional' expression would be replaced by a grin. Remembering that they weren't alone, Kiyomi would turn her head and welcome the other leaders and representatives that would join after. The arrival of Jora made the young ruler tilt her head slightly to the left as she noticed he had more of an interest in the room than the people in it. With him settling next to her, a soft chuckle would escape Kiyomi as she leaned a bit forward with her right hand in front of her mouth to cover the smile for a moment upon hearing what the Hyuzu said. As soon as everybody was there, a certain silence would dawn into the room. Rising up from her seat, Kiyomi folded her hands in front of her stomach as she moved her gaze over those who were present.

"I want to thank you all for coming to today's meeting. It does me good to see you all being good health and shape. Before we start, I want to give a moment for those who would perhaps like something to drink or something small to fill the stomach before the lunch I want to share with you all." Raising her hands, Kiyomi would clap twice rapidly. Not even three seconds later would a group of servants enter the room, carrying plates with cups in which water, coffee, tea or some juice could be poured in. There were some servants who carried plates on which they offered the likes of mochi, slim slices of cake and more hearty refreshments.
Waiting till everybody had something to drink and or a refreshment Kiyomi would speak up again. "I requested your presence as for the same reason as last time. Last meeting there had been some improvements. Some clans managed to lay the foundation of cooperation or attempted to. Sadly," Kiyomi said on a polite tone, "There were also a few factors that I had overlooked. I want to continue on from where we left on several points last meeting. As per suggestion of Lord Senju," gesturing to the Senju, Kiyomi would continue, "I wanted to further lay out the sacred places of each clan. It is obvious that each clan has their own region and land that they consider their own. Their ancestral home and land. The origin of their clan or place where they had proven themselves over the course of history. I hope to serve as arbiter in this coming meeting and I ask for you to forgive me if I made a slight error." A pause with an apologetic smile dawning on Kiyomi's lips followed her words.

"I'm trying to learn and remember every culture and clan's mannerism and traditions. Please, do later tell me if I was wrong with an assumption or if something I read or learned doesn't go along with the manners or culture of your clan. Now, who would like to start"

Feeling honoured that Kiyomi mentioned it was by his suggestion, Gakuro looked briefly at the appetizers that were offered. Deciding that he might take one later, he looked around "Seeing how it was my own suggestion, I would like to begin." He said, moving his sight to Kiyomi "The area at which the Senju have proven themselves was not too far from where Konoha currently is, a few kilometers away. That was where the majority of the clan resided until the foundation of Konohagakure, at which point the entire clan moved to the village. Our clan has created several sacred places over time, something I have mentioned in the previous meeting, but most have stopped being used. There are still two main altars that are in use, one which is beneath the main hall in the Senju Compound, and one that resides near where our previous residence was at." He said.

"As for any mistakes you make, I am sure I can speak for everyone in the room by saying we are honoured our empress wishes to learn more about each and every culture." Gakuro said in a calm tone and a smile, moving to look at Shozo briefly before putting his attention on a mochi that caught his eye from the moment it was placed on the table. Taking it, he looked around and took a bite from it, waiting to hear who will be next.

Helping himself to some green tea, Shozo listened to the words of Gakuro Senju and thought about what he himself was going to say. The Empress wished to map out the land based on their history. While it was nice to see that the Hon Empress took interest in other clans besides her own Shozo wondered if he could even explain. Or at least explain it within the minute he would be granted to speak. How could he even begin to convey the pride he felt in his chest when he saw the city and their lands? It was a feeling the Empress would surely say she shared, but it was not the same.

Shozo returned Gakuko's look with a slight smile on his lips and then cleared his throat. "It is not easy," he started, "to convey my ones culture and manerism in words without speaking for days. And even then there are many things that I might not be completely aware of in my culture that I am performing right now. As is known, the lands that our ancenstors have owned for ages lay next to those of Mister Hanta here. Those are prosperous lands that have sustained my people and given them purpose to fight. These are our homelands which we will always support and always protect because our ancestors were born and raised there. We take pride in those lands. It is because of them that I can sit here today, because of the wealth that we generated there it was possible to approach the Senju and together work out a plan to found this city. Konohagakure. I am sure you can understand that for us, the Uchiha, this city is our pride. Our greatest achievement. One of the greatest city the world has ever seen, if not the greatest. So when you ask about sacred places, my Grace, I would say that Konoha is one of those for us. Not one for religion like the shrines that litter my ancestoral homeland, but one to protect nevertheless. And one to pray for when times are dire. There is not a single thing in this city that I do not cherish and that I do not wish to protect. And yes, I feel like it is my personal duty to do so as this is a city my forefather founded. His legacy has to be protected by me. Alongside me are of course all the other clans that helped to make this city grow, but they cannot share the same responsibility the Uchiha feel. I do not say this to sound arrogant. I say this because it is part of my culture, part of how I was born and raised, how every Uchiha who is born after the construction of Konoha is raised."

Shozo took another deep breath and then continued in a calm fashion: "We are raised with a respect for the village and for the people living inside, with a need to protect and uphold a legacy. I have no doubt that any of you here feel the need the protect Konoha, but there is not the same feel of weight and legacy behind it as there is for us in a way. I hope that is understandable. Of course, the Uchiha Compound plays an important part in this protection. I would not dare to say that it is the centre of the city, for it is certainly not, but it is an important place for us because it holds almost all the knowledge of my clan. The past, the present, the techniques. It is our heart and everything will come back there. We have our own archive, own temple, own great hall where we celebrate our festivities." There was a pause. "I could explain in more detail to your Grace if she wishes it, but I feel like I have already talked quite a bit. Might you need more explination I am always glad to answer any questions you might have." With that the older Uchiha folded his hands and leaned back.

Kenta would mumble thanks to a cup of warm lemon tea as well something that at least seemed sweet. Listening to Kiyomi, he wondered what he should say. Of course, he could rant literally for hours about his clan. But this wasn't some tea party. He actually disliked the idea of a tea party with the current group. Not really his 'cup of tea'. With that word joke in his mind pushed to the back, Kenta would glance to the clan leader of the Senju. Was it still justified to call them a clan? He had heard of the news that had been announced by the young man. Regardless what the man said, Kenta considered the Senju a clan. The population of a clan was one thing, but the history and attached prestige to a name couldn't just be erased. Deciding to not speak about that, the man next to him spoke up. The leader of the Uchiha clan. Raising his warm cup to blow softly on the warm surface of the beverage, Kenta suppressed a chuckle when the Uchiha spoke of 'mister Hanta'. A small smile spread over the old man's lips. He wasn't born in the time and age where his clan conducted any raids or looted the border region between the Hon and Hanta clan. That time was long past, but Kenta had his own reasons to chuckle.

As the Uchiha clan leader was done, Kenta waited a second before he would clear his throat. Putting his cup down, the old man raised his chin slightly up. With a firm voice, he spoke to the present people. "Your grace, I probably don't have to say a lot to what the Hon clan considers sacred or important," he began, "Like any other reasonable clan and people we consider our own homes most sacred. We don't build any temples nor pray as that is our culture." Taking a second to take a breath, Kenta glanced around. He was certain that everybody had their opinion and he honestly wouldn't mind anybody asking questions or speaking up. "Though we've a compound in Konohagakure and consider this city that was founded by the Uchiha and Senju clan," there was a subtle emphasis on the last word as Kenta turned his head and throw a look at Gakuro Senju, "Important, our hearts and faith lay to the lands we fought and conquered centuries ago. Where are ancestors are buried. I only think that out of all the places that Magnhild, what is known in these regions as the Hon estate, is the most revered city we have. Our capital of culture and history. Like the Uchiha," Kenta took another second to catch his breath as he felt a cough coming up, the old man also inclined his head towards the man who sat next to him, "We've our history recorded in the halls of the Hon estate. Our lands aren't really fertile, though they provide enough for our basic needs. Hope that I've informed your grace and any of you well enough." Kenta finished, scratching his throat, suppressed a coughing fit. If anything the old man kept his chin up and waited a moment for he would lower his head and lift his cup up again.

Makoto sat quietly, listening closely to what the other representatives who had spoken had to say. Occasionally he would lift the cup to his lips and take a sip of the tea while the others spoke. The man took the time to think about what he was going to say, not wanting to make himself look a fool. It was a good idea, in Makoto's opinion, to map out the land as the Empress seemed to be planning to do. The man figured it would probably help prevent arguments between clans. As he listened to the evident pride from Shozo, Makoto briefly wondered how he would be able to show the immense pride that he felt in the Hanta's lands. That he felt in his home. Alas, Makoto had never been a man for words as much as actions. So he doubted he could convey such emotion, but would give it a shot.

After the Hon representative finished his piece, the Hanta would set down his own cup and clear his throat. Speaking in a calm voice, Makoto would begin to address those present. "The land that the Hanta have long since claimed our own lies between those belonging to the Uchiha, and the Hon." Makoto began, pausing to take a breath and think about his next words. "While this land is important to us, and valued greatly, it is not what we would consider sacred. Our hearts live within our homes, our cities. As each branch of my clan has their own sacred city, a place with their temples and lodging for the companions of the hunt. These are the places where our young go to prove themselves, to pass their Rite of Passage and become an adult to our clan. We also consider Hantā no Seijou, the Hanta Estate or simply Seijou as it may be more commonly known, a sacred place. As it is here that we have our main temple, here that our elders record and pass down knowledge of our history. It is our capital of culture and history. I hope I have provided enough information to your grace and the rest of the representatives here today. I can certainly answer any questions should I have not been clear enough." the man said with a small smile before picking his cup up once more and taking a sip of tea. All the while waiting for the next representative to speak.

Responding to the hello of the Nara clan leader, Teng uttered a friendly hello in return as inclining his head towards the man next to him. As Kiyomi took the word, Teng took the moment to glance at others who were present. With the empress done, a few spoke up. Ling waited as he heared out what the other said Letting a short moment pass after Makoto of the Hanta clan was done, Teng spoke up. "The Cho clan holds the lands south of the Sarutobi clans. Our lands have provided the materials to feed and provide means to build what we have now. Trade between the Cho and other clans have made our population enjoy the luxury and knowledge of other clans over the countless of years. It is safe to say that my people consider our land and homes sacred, but I don't think we can consider any place to hold any religious place in our hearts. Our centre of culture would be the Keep of Dayi where we sport a much larger and older library than the one that can be found in the compound in this great city of Konoha." Incling his head towards Shozo Uchiha and Gakuro Senju, Teng would end afterwards. "I doubt there is much else to tell about the land of my people, unless some of you would like to hear about a particular ware we produce and craft."

Smiling politely at the servant who had offered him some refreshments, Shikamura accepted a cup of tea and set it down in front of himself. He listened politely as the other representatives spoke, sipping on his tea and taking in the information. When Teng had finished speaking, Shikamura glanced around before folding his hands together. "My clan is not as large as some of the more distinguished clans. We do not have a large estate, or any overly significant structures. We do, however, have our forest, and the animals within it which are incredibly important to us." Remembering the last meeting when he had tried to explain some things, Shikamura paused and took a sip of his tea before continuing. "Our forest is a place that we protect and, in a way, I suppose it is sacred ground for us. As Lord Shozo stated earlier, this entire village is sacred in its own way. We did not shed blood and sweat for it in the same way as the Uchiha and the Senju did, but we do share a great love for this place which we consider our home."

Watching the others closely as they spoke, Jora - once again - felt like he did not belong amongst these people. They all spoke from the heart, and each of them had a reason for loving Konoha. Jora did not really know what to say. His clan was not native to Konoha. They had not given the same things for the village as most of these other clans had. They had not bled for it, they had not given their lives in the same way...

Adjusting his collar, Jora was glad that he had accepted some snacks and a drink from the servant. Munching on the sweets, the Hyuzu tried to think of what to say. He could speak of their traditions, he could speak of their beliefs... but he did not feel like he was the best person to convey this information. Downing the last of his sweets, Jora realized that he had been eating them rather pigishly. Pausing for a moment, he wiped his face with a napkin and stared around the table.

"The Hyuzu clan does not really have a place that we hold sacred. Not within the Fire Country anyways..." Glancing back at Kiyomi before looking around at the others once again, Jora continued, "The great mountain that the Hyuzu dragons reside in... that is sacred land to us. It is not, however, a part of the Fire Country, and is a well hidden place. Aside from that, our homes are sacred to us, as is this village. We may not hold the same claim to it as others do," nodding politely towards Lord Uchiha and Lord Senju, the Hyuzu continued, "but we do love this village... this Empire, and we would do anything to protect it and keep it safe."

Taking a sip from his drink, Jora set it down and spread his arms in an open gesture. "In previous days, my clan was quite tight-lipped. We held our culture and our traditions close to our chest and feared what might happen if we shared. Recently, however, we are looking to change that. We cannot grow as a clan if we continue to hold the same secrets, or to keep others out. I wish to extend an invitation to all of you to please ask any questions that you may have regarding my clan, be it now or at a later time, and I will do my best to answer everything that I can." Sitting back in his seat with a polite smile, Jora would wait for the others to speak.

Michiro wanted to speak up early on, but decided to bide his time. He accepted some tea as it was offered, and sipped from it as the other clans spoke, thinking about how he could make the other clans see the Hyuuga in a better light than they already did without resorting to anything so degrading as asking for forgiveness. Eventually, it came time for him to speak up. "Ah, the Hyuuga primarily see their compound as our most sacred place. It's where we have placed our foothold for the village, and the place we raise our young." He glances around at the others, Now, to begin showing the greatness of the Hyuuga without saying it.

Michiro took a quick sip of his tea before speaking again, "I am not the leader, and I can not say with utmost certainty about what changes may be coming, but know that with our new leader, there is some change approaching. In the past, we Hyuuga have attempted to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and may have created a different reputation than we had hoped, with the new leader's budding reign, we will be taking a less high-strung approach, so if any of you wish to visit the compound to inquire further about what changes are coming about, I will let that be the end of the Hyuuga's say here, rather than take up too much time." He smiled, proud of himself for what he saw as a humble, friendly speech, despite the other possible ways of seeing it, took another drink from his tea, and awaited further talk.

The door swung open, somewhat abruptly, and casually strolling in was a middle-aged man attired in plain Akinian uniform: flak jacket, black slacks, and calf-length Shinobi sandals. He was gaunt with ponytailed salt-and-pepper hair and dreary grey eyes, his pallor cast with jaundice and shadows at the cheeks. Two dark bags hung like iron weights under his eyes. When his gaze found Kiyomi at the head of the table, he flashed a perfcuntory smile and bowed deep.

"Empress," he said, straightening with a bony fist to his chest. "Arata Kurosawa, leader of the Kurosawa clan of the Rain Country, at your service. A thousand apologies for the unpunctuality..." He offered no explanation for the actual tardiness.

Hardly glancing at the other representatives, he found a vacant spot and sat down, coughing into the pit of his elbow. "Must've caught a cold..."he mumbled to no-one in particular, rubbing his hands together for warmth. "If it spreads I'll have to cure you all, eh?" he continued, speaking unabashedly and winking at the poor Michiro. "Now — a thousand excuses for the insolent behaviour — please continue." He made a submissive gesture and leaned back in his chair, smiling an easy smile that on his face ended up looking rather horrifying.

Paying attention to what everybody said, Kiyomi made some mental notes. She used her training in recognising body language to gauge how comfortable each person that spoke was. It wasn't easy as you had to know somebody quite well to be capable of making accurate assumptions. Something she did enjoy to do during these meetings while trying to remain as subtle so that nobody would consider her staring or eyeing them in all of a sudden. Just as each clan representative had spoken, Kiyomi was about to speak. As the door swung open the teen turned her head and frowned for a second.

Leaning a bit back in her seat, Kiyomi's right eyebrow raised for a moment as a man walked into the room. As she was saluted and the man introduced himself, Kiyomi would nod back as she placed a fist back at her chest. "It is okay, Lord Kurosawa. Take a seat and take it easy. I assume that you had a long journey. Am already glad that you could've make it in time." A glint started to show in the green eyes of the empress, growing curious as she wasn't really sure if she had met the man or heard of the Kurosawa clan before. Judging from the symbol on the flak jacket that showed the origin of the wearer, it was clear that the man was from the Rain province. It was no secret that the man was at least member or used to be member of the Shinobi corps. Only what vocation and abilities he had was, something she couldn't guess from his looks.

"I thank you all for speaking as I would like to propose the following. With some information shared I am hoping this will lead to a better understanding. Of course," Kiyomi spoke with a serious tone as she made sure to glance around, making eye contact with several of the people present in the room. "What I want to propose next is something that I hope will work. Some here have grudges and wrongs with one another. Instead of fighting and bickering this out in the field or behind backdoors, I wanted to serve as arbiter between talks. Akino is currently one of the strongest realms in the known world. We can grow stronger if we are able to be honest to one another and able to understand each other. This also means we have to know what has been troubling one clan and sometimes that has to be talked out." For a moment Kiyomi wished Zakito or Hisoka to be around. She dreaded the moment that the men and women present would fling themselves at the throats of another person. A quick glance at Iroh made it clear that the latter was ready as were the other present Sworn Swords in the room if somebody would get funny ideas.

The meeting kept on going. While it proved to be quite interesting it hadn't been easy. There were various subjects on which the clans didn't entirely agree with one another. But eventually it was clear that some minor problems continued to exist, such as distrust and wounds of the past that needed time. Carefully crafting the end of the meeting Kiyomi would announce that they all were invited for a feast and festival that would be hosted in the evening. Seeing that some had to come from other parts of the empire the young empress revealed that lodgings were made and prepared for those people, promising that they could rest and enjoy some of the luxury that the royal palace had to offer.
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=A Good Day To Train, White]

Masami Hyuuga
Konohagakure Chuunin
Team 9

Splash.

A large drop landed in a puddle as Masami walked towards the Training Field where they were summoned. The weather was chilly and she felt an unpleasant sting on her nose, chin and cheeks. As if thousands of needles were poking at her face constantly. It was a weird day to call for a training, but she had no right to object. After the overwhelmingly shameful display she produced during their last training, she really had no right - or desire - to object.

Feeling the cold making its way through her clothes, she picked up the pace. She could partially see her breath, further making her to pick up the pace. A few drops landed on her face here and then but she did not really mind. A few howls of the wind were heard every now and then and it made people to also pick up their pace to head inside. She felt a small urge to join them but she suppressed it.

A few minutes later and at a slow run pace, she arrived at the training field. She actually made it first. Hooray, she unenthusiastically thought for herself. Despite the thought, this time she really wanted to do her best. To prove that she still got it in herself. Silencing most of ther thoughts with a shake of her head. She felt ready.

" Masami Hyuuga, reporting for duty ... Sensei. "

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Inserrt interesting title here, teal, solid"]

Kouta Riojin
Chuunin of Team 9

Silence was all to be found in Kouta's apartment, even though two people currently occupied the room. Yet the silence was due to the fact that Kouta was currently at work on a painting of the current client in his room, a young gentleman who had requested a portrait. Kouta had been working on it all day, with each stroke of his brush on the canvas a slow and steady paced one. After all one must not rush perfection. Since the man's arrival first thing in the morning he had been working on it, surely taking a couple of hours to finish it. It was long enough where Kouta had prepared snacks and refreshments for when the clients needed to take a break, as holding a pose could be tiring. Mostly when you have to hold it for several hours, yet he just started putting on the finishing touches.

Setting his brush down on his table, he would look at the painting for a few minutes, as if judging it to be worthy enough to hand over. He nodded his head however and turned it towards the man, who was taken back a bit by the detail that went into it. It looked as if he was staring at a perfect copy of himself. The man smiled at the work and gave two thumbs up. "This is.... quite literally perfect. You should think about making paintings to decorate businesses. The work you do would certainly be hard to pass up, mostly at the cheap price you offer it at." The young male said as he would hand Kouta his pay along with a few extra as a tip. Kouta would smile and hand him the painting and would watch the man leave.

Now Kouta would get his gear ready to go meet his sensei and the rest of the team, as he stepped outside he felt a rain drop and decided to hurry up. He arrived at the training field after Masami and gave his sensei a bow and smile.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=The Pencil is mightier than the sword, salmon]
A collab made between Honorabru and Gerontis.

Summary :
Miu gets Satoshi Jun to visit her in the medical tent where she is located. The two talk briefly about the previous battle and then proceed to make a promise.

[spoili]
The canvas didn't do much to protect those inside from the noise outside. The sounds of soldiers doing rounds, chatting and distant sounds of the smiths were audible enough. Even while those inside the medical tents were doing their best to make it comfortable for the wounded and sick. Heading towards the opening of one such a large tent, Satoshi glanced around. There were various guards, both shinobi as soldiers, stationed. Nobody seemed happy about it, but they weren't being paid to be happy anyways. Entering the tent a nurse turned her head. Upon seeing the commander of the host, she made a short bow. With the two entering a hushed conversation, the nurse frequently turned half around and pointed at a certain patient inside the tent. Satoshi now and then glanced in the pointed direction as the nurse seemed to be discontent about something. A faint smile crossed the commander's lips as he shook his head and nodded towards the nurse.

Walking past several soldiers Satoshi would halt in front of the spot of Miu Sanosuke. "Ah, there you are," the man said in a light amused tone, "Glad to know you're energetic enough to make the nurse of this tent worry about you leaving... Again."

Hearing the sounds outside kept her wide awake, the sounds of gear clanking together, people chattering, the familiar sound of the hammer hitting the anvil. It brought back some memories of her father making weapons for the soldiers use. Yet when one was told to stay in bed it drove them a bit mad, mostly when you could memorize the exact time the hammer would hit the anvil. So far the smith had did over four hundred strokes within the past hour, or was it two? Her concentrartion was broke when someone arrived infront of her, causing her to groan. "I'm still he-" She stopped herself when she looked up at the commander. Her hand shot up in a salute, and slowly lowered when he started talking.

His last sentence cause her to frown and look in the direction of the nurse "That slut!" Miu thought inside her mind as she tried to avoid eye contact. Yet admitted defeat and looked up at him. "In my defense, I was kidnapped the first time. Besides I'm good enough to walk if I take it slowly. Their time would be better served worrying about the others that are injured than myself." She said slightly pouting, as she was looking for any excuse to get out of this stupid tent.

Catching the genin to frown in another direction, the man couldn't help but chuckle as he would crouch at first and proceed to kneel at her right side. "Ah, yes. I have heard all about the crime that Toshi commited," Satoshi began, clearly not too troubled or minding the genin being 'troublesome youthling rebels' as the nurse had put it. Glancing at her legs for a moment as she stated that she was able to walk if she would take it slowly, Satoshi seemed to ponder about something. "That is very good news. Same as when I heard that you were standing at the front, helping to hold the line. Something that I had expected from... other people, but not a genin. Was this the first time in close quarter combat?"

Now she frowned mentally at the nurse who was being the biggest snitch ever, but her eyes looking away stated that Toshi was indeed the one who kidnapped her. Yet he was proud she could walk? Did that mean she could leave now with the commanders approval? She smiled at this but her smile quickly faded when he mentioned her holding the front lines, if it was her first time in close quarters combat. Her eyes went blank a bit at remembering the scene. The sounds that echoed the area of the tent now were replaced with screams of men and women dying. The scene before her didn't even look like the inside of a tent, blood was everywhere along with people collapsed on the ground in their own blood. She tried to form words, but it came out in a jumbled mess, which quickly turned to fear as she imagined a group of what attacked them rushing at her. She would start to scramble about in the bed, and even tried getting off right in front of the commander as fear was quite evidnet in her eyes.

A hand would push her back. Satoshi's eyes half closed as he wasn't new to this. How many times hadn't he rushed up from a troubled sleep, trying to reach out for the handle of a sword, tanto or any weapon to fend off the enemies of the past. To no succumb to the death that ruled the battlefield, regardless of which side you were on. "Take it easy, Miu," Satoshi stated, trying to calm her, "You're safe. I promise that." Becoming silent after the moment Satoshi would slowly remove his hand from her shoulder. Thinking about how he could provide help or aid, he wasn't sure what else than time and patience. Both that were at the moment luxuries that nobody really could afford. "Am glad that you made it through. Not often do genin survive such scenarios as you have."

The man spoke still with a calm tone, but he wasn't going to spare her of the dreadful fact that most genin perished in such fights and situations. Unless they were properly guarded and assisted, but from what he had heard it hadn't been a luxury that any of the nearby participants could afford. "I am not really well known with the Sanosuke traditions, but in my clan you would have been considered as much as a hero as the 'Slayers'." Flashing a smile, Satoshi considered if he should keep her longer in the tent. On one hand he wanted to allow her to go out. Fresh air and some sun could do wonders, but he didn't want her to have a fear attack while being outside. Accidents like that was what he couldn't use now. "Did you yet receive any letters from home?"

She moved but was halted which cause her to panic a bit more as she tried to reach out, yet a voice spoke out to her telling her to calm herself and that she was safe right now. The force holding her back would vanish, as would the visions she was seeing. Instead it was replaced by the commander. "S-sorry sir." She stated as he would tell her that he was glad she made it through something most genin wouldn't. Did that mean most genin that were part of that group died? She wasn't quite sure how to feel about that, she was only alive because of the soldier that helped her out. Otherwise she might be among the casualties.

He tried to give her some praise that she would be considered as much of a hero as the slayers were, which made her smile a bit. She never even thought how Toshi was dealing with the situation, according to what she heard, he fought something far worse than what she did. Satoshi would then bring up letters from home to which she nodded her head. "Yeah, it was my parents being worried about me, typical parents things really. Apparently dad hasn't stopped making gear with how much hes fretting about me."

"Ah," he said, "Have you yet had the time to write them back, by any chance?" The man asked her. Already he would produce a small piece of paper and a pencil from a pocket. "Already thought of bringing this in case you hadn't had a chance yet to write them anything. That is," he shot her a meaningful look, "If you want to formulate a letter now. There is plently of enough time, but perhaps you can write multiple letters. I am doing that, at least."

Shaking her head she would take the piece of paper and pencil from him."Not really, I've been meaning to but never took the time to ask.... the nurse for a piece of paper to do such. Funny enough I've been wondering if I should write to Asami, to see if she had any advice for me. Yet she might just call me a little weakling for such haha." Writing on the letter to send back to her parents, she would chuckle. "Think I should leave out the almost dying part? Might cause dad to do all the smiths work in a single day."

"Fathers can be like that," Satoshi said on a soft tone. He wondered briefly how his own family was, back in Kumogakure. "And might be the best idea I have heard all day. Wouldn't appreciate it if an angry father would start to take away all our work just on his way to haul you back home," he told her. Briefly the idea of what he would do if he was in the position of her father would pass his mind. Probably would be worried, but in a certain sense proud. Until he would learn or hear that his daughter got wounded and being scared. "Do you miss being at home?" He asked her.

"Yeah I'll just leave that part out." She said as she would continue to write on the paper briefly looking at him as he asked a question before going back to writing. "In a way yes, but in another no. Sure I miss my folks, yet I also don't want to be a crafter or smith like them as well. So going out and getting new experiences like this is nice in a way. Even if it is incrediably terrifying."

He couldn't really disagree with that. Though the idea of being a smith was somewhat more calming than serving in the military. "Well, perhaps it might an idea that we make sure you get home then? Then you can tell your folks about your experiences?" He half-joked, chuckling by the thought of telling what it could do to tell your parents that you survived a military campaign in a hostile envoriment. Probably wasn't the best kind of news or experience for a parent.

"You really want my dad to have that heart attack dontca commander?" She said with a smile, to singal she was joking. "What about your own family? Do they support you doing this kind of lifestyle?"

"I like to believe that no matter what age, everybody enjoys making their parents panic when there is no reason for it. At times," he replied at first. When she asked about his own family, Satoshi pondered on it. "In a certain way, yes. My wife once served in the military, but after the occupation... she resigned. My daughter," a smile broke on the lips of the man as he shook his head lightly. "I remember the last time she tried to steal some of my gear and tools to act like she would save the world from the monster underneath her bed. Am not certain if she is truely approving of me being on campaign or serving in the military. Bit too young for that."

"Ahh that would be my younger years, with the police escorting me home after some minor disturbances as a child." She said finishing the letter and listening to his story which caused her to smile at the thought of a young girl dragging a sword under a bed to slay a monster. "That sounds adorable, might want to make sure she has no bullies. Wouldn't want a situation going bad."

"Really now? Well, let's not cause too much trouble now then. I wouldn't like it if I had to miss one of my best genin on this campaign," the man answered back. As she was done with writing, Satoshi held his hand up as his gaze travelled to the pencil for a moment. "And I wish I could make sure of that. Just another reason that we will have to make sure that we get back, safe and sound."

"Haha, those days are behind me. Just bothering the police really, but glad you think I'm one of the best." She said as she saw his gaze travel to the pencil as he held his hand up. She frowned a tad as she held the pencil out to him. "Really couldn't cause a lot of damage with this, if thats what the look was about. Yet I agree on getting back safe and sound, rather not die and wonder if my parents actually meant kicking me out of the clan if I died."

"Well, you performed better and more couragous than some of my older students. One being a chuunin, who just took out a man while being on the rooftop," Satoshi stated as he would took back the pencil. "And fair enough, but let's not cause the nurse to worry too much. Can't have it that she starts to complain about me as well, eh?" The man joked before he would nod. "Makes two of us. Let's make a deal. We both won't die and once we get back, I will try to do a good word for you if you will get in any trouble with your folks for getting a bit... wounded. How does that sound?"

One man from a roof? What the literal fuck? She groaned a bit at hearing that but would still smile at him giving her praise. He would then propose a deal which made her laugh softly. "Well if the commander himself vouches for me, I'm sure they would let it slide. So it's a deal sir, just means you have to put up with nurses complaining about me in the future though."

"If that is the price, then it is one I am willing to pay," getting up Satoshi would think about something. Saluting towards her the man before taking his leave. The nurse shot a glance at Miu, but would continue with her own work as Satoshi would head outside.
[/spoili][/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: FrostedCaramel