[Fieldbox=Violet Tsukami , plum]
Konohagakure genin| Team 9

Violet Tsukami the super strong and fast and smart and best kunoichi in the history of the earth. At least that is what she thought while she hummed her favorite song. She recently graduated from the academy but was not given a team. Her Mom laughed when she first heard it but assured her it was for the best. She reminded her how she wanted to be the strongest kunoichi and you cannot be strong by working with weak people. Today though everything was different. Why you may asked. "BECAUSE I finally have a TEAM EEK," she shouted as she jumped out her window which was on the 3rd floor of her fathers gym. She did not care about the neighbors cause they were a bunch of mean old coots. As she landed she rolled and made a pose. She bowed as the neighbors were yelling at her to be quiet. "Thank you thank you, your too kind."

She ran to her mother's shop to grab her backpack and lunch box. "Look at my big girl, carrying around her lunch box to her first mission."
Violet sighed before picking up her stuff. "Mom stop treating me like a kid... This is not any lunch box. This is the super deluxe tepurlu... teaperlu... timplural... ARGH... IT Keeps my food cool and fresh. Its really state of the art and stuff!"
Rose giggled while walking over to pat her daughter's head. "I know Vi," then she hugged her while picking her up and rubbing her face in her hair, "Aww im its going to be lonely with you gone... who is going to water your plants." Then Rose put her down and started putting her hair into 2 pigtails.
"Moooom, You promise me you would.... i worked hard you know... and i can do my own hair!" She said while pouting.
"Yes i know, i know... but you did not do either yet and who knows the next time i will get to play with you." she said while finishing the last pigtail, "There done... Now make sure to brush your teeth, keep your hair clean, and bring home a good husband."
"MOOOOM.... stop messing around... i gotta go." she said while turning around and folding her arms to hide her blushing face.
"Okay okay," Rose quickly walked over to Vi giving her a big hug and kiss on the cheek saw her girl off, "I will make sure your dad hears the word when he gets back!"

Violet waved at her mom before running off into the streets. There was not a lot of people around but she still had to be careful as to not run into anyone. Finally after a few minutes, she arrived at the Checkpoint. This was her first time out the village without her dad and she was nervous. She waved to the gate keeper and then walked off. Normally she would talk to the guard but she did not have time too for she was going to meet her new sensei, sempai, and teammates. She imagined what kind of people they would be. Maybe her sensei would be a legendary ninja who rode a giant tiger and was master at taijutsu and her sempai would be super buff and handsome prince and a master at taijutsu also. "I cant wait hehe!"

Finally she made it to the main gate. There she saw 2 people standing. One was a brown hair kid wearing a red vest and red sandals, though she could not see his face. He was facing a brown hair man with a stick in his mouth and a black cloth around his head. These two clearly did not look like Taijutsu masters, however nobody else was here and she was on time. Violet took a deep breath as her nervousness was starting to build up. She was not scared but the fact that she did not get along with any of her classmates goes to show her Strong social skills. She exhaled her fear and set her determine eyes on the two. They had to be her team and she should not be afraid to speak to them. With this, she nonchalantly walked to them and gave a bow, "Hello... my name is Violet Tsukami and I received a letter to meet Team 9 here." She then stood up and smiled, "Would either of you happen to be apart of team 9?"
[/fieldbox]

@Gerontis
@timv999

Last edited:
Shiba Inumura
Team 14 Genin | Kirigakure

Shiba had gotten some letter to go to the pier for his first mission, though it took him a long time to decipher what was written. Human language was so difficult... It looked like something had clawed weird symbols all over the page, how could anything read this? At least he learned the basics of this strange text. He had gotten ready; stashing treats in his bag since he couldn't live a day without at least one. He just loved the little white flavorful bones, but he tried hard not to eat them all in one sitting. The moment he left his tiny apartment, is the moment he became cautious. Even now he could never be too careful. He growled at anyone who came near, and walked in a slightly hunched position. He had made sure his nails were quite sharp (His toes were poking out from a place he cut in his shoes) and made sure his teeth were nice and sharp. Never knew when he had to bite or scratch someone, right? He tried to get himself situated with using these strange ninja tools; the kunai knife seemed to be useful, but it was pretty hard to use with your mouth. He didn't really bother with the shuriken, they always came close to cutting his tongue!

He then arrived at the pier, staring at everyone who was present. He didn't give a hello, or any type of talk. Just sat down and stared, being prepared to bite at anyone who bothered him. His face was gravely serious for a 12 year old.

Arima Tsukino, Kirigakure Chuunin
Ports

Arima waltzed down the street leading to the lively docks. Humming, the young soldier found himself in front of the group in no time with his half eaten apple jumping up and down in his palm. He could only see a single familiar face, yet it was enough to give him a fond smile. "Good morning, captain," he said to Mika. He turned his eyes to take a few good looks at the others there.

Rei Tsumetai, Kumogakure Genin
Airship 1

Rei glanced down the side of the airship before quickly pulling his head back in. He tugged the bag on his back forward before tapping his fingers on his legs. "Okay.... Here goes nothing, I suppose," he said before jumping out.

It Sounds Good!

A Collab between Gerontis and Fieryfly

A Week Ago

Summary:

Nami runs into Daiki after he got into trouble because of his hearing. She offers him a chance to learn sign language.​

It was annoying. No, it was worse. Walking down the street, Daiki kept glancing over his shoulder every minute as if he was some paranoid boy that had done something illegal. But being deaf wasn't a crime as far as he could remember. Trying to not bump into anybody, he frequently kept using his sensory ninjutsu, but it could only do so much. It was effective in sensoring chakra signatures, but a cart that was pulled by some horses didn't have a chakra signature. A wall didn't have a chakra signature. It was puzzling as Daiki had been trained in his genin days to know what passive sensory ninjutsu was good for. But right now? It wasn't really being helpful.

In fact, it was confusing him to no end. Almost had he been walking against a cart that stood still as he was about to walk around the corner. And standing too long around a corner, not wanting to bump into anybody, he had been gently pushed aside. Which had only made him half-freak out as it was just too sudden. Getting more frustrated, Daiki kept on walking. If he couldn't be a shinobi, he had to be at least able to do some chore as groceries, right?

Wrong.

He was slowly getting lost in the city where he had grown up. The street that he had visited so many times was now alienate and confused him. The usual sounds that indicated that he was here or there and where he should go was now all absent. Glancing over his shoulder, Daiki tried to see if he wasn't walking too slow and annoying anybody behind him.

"Look out, man!"

The adult almost had shoved Daiki backwards as he was holding up a large vase with his left hand. "Can't you look with those two eyes? Good god. Hey! Hey!" The man clearly grew agigated as Daiki seemed only to be confused. All that that he did was glancing at the vase, only quickly focusing on the lips of the man. "Good... god? Huh? Wait.. what?" Taking a step back in his confusion as he was about to try to speak up, Daiki bumped against a horse. The animal reacted with shaking its head and producing a loud whinning response. "Look out! Damn boy! Get out of here! Out! Away!"

Raising his hands a bit, Daiki wanted to aplogize. All he could do was to shuffle away as he attempted to get his back against the wall and walk away. Noticing the disappointed and frustrated expressions on some of the bystanders, Daiki lowered his head a bit and bit his lower lip. This was really getting tedious, he thought as he would turn around and try to not continue to be a liability for others around him.

He would have to stop however as a girl appeared in his field of vision. She had been watching the situation play out as she had been walking home with her groceries. While the man had clearly been talking loudly and while the horse had clearly nickered, the boy had not responded to the sounds. He looked confused and scared with his back to the wall like that.

Nami wasn't sure why she approached him though. Maybe it was because standing like that, using the wall as support, had something familiar. On occassion she got terrified by the city. By the people. By the impact she had, unknown to them, made on everyone. They didn't know and they couldn't know. But as she walked through the streets it was always present. People were happy Rika was gone, that the times with that woman were over, and yet Nami could always only think of the way that one of the spliters had looked embedded in her eye. The dead baby in the box she had carried. At those times, when those images would flood back, she would cling to the wall just like this boy did.

Maybe it was that. Maybe it was just because she needed a distraction.

She deliberately made sure that he could see her before stepping it and stopping before him. With her hands held up she formed a couple of signs. First she used the index finger of her right hand to point at her cheek and then at the corner of her mouth, before pointing to him. She continued with a couple of others and raised her eyebrows to indicate that it was a question. Because what was happening to this boy was clear. He was simply deaf.

He didn't understand. It was obvious that the girl was trying to 'tell' him something, but she made signs with her hand. Trying to understand it, the usual apathetic expression hadn't been present on Daiki's features as he didn't even seem to be be able to differ left from right. His eyes moved to her lips, but she said nothing, making him only more confused. The lips of Daiki parted slightly, but he wavered. Without hearing his own voice, he couldn't know if he pronounced something right or wrong. His frustration however didn't increase with the unknown girl making signs.

Was she asking him something? He could understand that she was at least trying to communicate with him, until it hit him. Sign language. He had heard of it, but never thought of it or found it practically interesting. Now his opinion had drastically shifted over it. But what should he do now? Talk and say that he didn't know sign language or just shrug and wait what she would do? Licking his lips, Daiki decided to give it a try. His voice was a bit shaken, showing his lack of confidence, as he spoke to the girl. "I cannot hear." The pace of his voice was quite slow, which annoyed him further. "Can read lips. Cannot hear." He tried to continue.

First Nami was surprised at his voice which seemed pretty steady and normal, but then an understanding expression crossed her face. "Ah, I am sorry. I asked if you were deaf and if you were okay. You already answered that first part." She made sure not to speak too fast and articulate clearly. A reassuring smile followed. "I was just..." She looked around the street for a moment where the people were all moving again without taking any notice of the two shinobi pressed against the wall. She turned back to him so that he could see her speak. "I just saw what happened and... I wasn't sure if you were okay with all these busy people around, but..." She took a tiny step back. Suddenly this idea to approach him felt kind of stupid. What could she say to this boy? What did she want from him? Reassurance? Was it just she who had been scared there on the opposite side of the street and looked for someone to push that fear away? Her fingers played with fabric of her sleeves as she folded her arms. "I probably shouldn't have intruded like that. I am sorry." She inclined her head slightly

A bit surprised by the rather kind gesture that the girl had shown, Daiki wasn't sure at first how to respond back. It wasn't everyday that he met with a kind person in Kirigakure, but he didn't blame anybody for that. Given the fact it had just recovered from a civil conflict, it should surprise him that he hadn't got a fist in his face a few moments ago. "Am okay. Thank you." He paused as he wasn't too sure what to say further. Scratching his left cheek, Daiki tried to think of something. "You do sign language? How?" It wasn't on purpose that his sentences were short or broken, but he felt still a bit too uncomfortable with trying to speak fluid lines as he tried to focus on responding without stuttering or sounding more insecure than he already did or felt like.

"Oh, eh, Father taught me that. Said it was a useful skill to have if you ever found yourself in a situation where you couldn't communicate out loud." Nami suddenly realized that she had nothing to say to this boy. She didn't know him, he didn't know her. But now the conversation was already going and somewhere it felt... nice. On a day to day basis she spoke to her family and the people that gave her missions. That was it. That was the interaction she had. Her brothers and sisters were nice and lovely and they all understood who they were and what their purpose was. But she never just talked to someone. "If you are deaf..." she started, suddenly keen on keeping this seemingly random encounter going for a moment longer. "Why don't you know sign language?"

Realizing that it would be probably a weird answer as he wasn't even sure himself what the cause was, other than what the doctor had explained to him, Daiki took a moment before he replied. Somewhere he felt ashamed, but why would he? He hadn't done anything to be ashamed off with being deaf. "Got deaf recently." Trying to keep it to short sentences, Daiki managed to get a bit calmer and more confident. Not enough to however keep his voice from being deformed though. "Never been taught. Are you deaf?" He asked, wondering why he hadn't instantly thought about sign language.

Nami shook her head, chuckeling at the question. "No, I am not. And I am sorry," she said, again while inclining her head ever so slightly. Being born deaf sounded bad, but loosing your hearing at a later stage in life seemed even worse. All those familiar sounds would gone, no wonder he had seemed so distraught just now. She couldn't imagine not hearing the people around her. Their steps, their talk, their breathing. Sure, with sensory she could get an idea of a location far away and that was without sound, but she was still in a sound based world. She relied so much on it.

She repeated the sign with her hand that she had made when she first approached him. Her index finger ticked against her cheek before moving to the corner of her mouth. Then she pointed at him. "It means: 'are you deaf?'" she translated for him, an awkward smile following.

She was sorry. It iritated Daiki a bit. She wasn't the cause of him becoming deaf. That he had some trouble with moving around in the city center. But he was happy somebody seemed to understand it, to a certain degree. "Thanks." Mumbling the word, Daiki tried to think of something. He didn't want to bother her with asking where he could learn sign language. He didn't even know her name. Noticing her movement with her hand, he forgot to look for a moment at her lips. Managing to follow what she did and explain, Daiki slowly nodded. Raising his index finger, he would precisely follow the signs she had made. It would probably need something he had to practice a lot. And it felt a bit weird, talking only with your hands. At least casually. "Thank you. How do you... say name?" He asked in return.

She shook her head again, her smile growing as he repeated the sign. "Don't worry about it." Why was she so happy about this? She honestly couldn't tell. Maybe it was because she could teach someone something that would prove useful outside of fighting and completing mission. This had nothing to do with killing, surviving, obeying. This was just... something fun?

She brought both her hands up, her pinky and ringfinger curled up, thumb resting on top of them. The other two fingers were stretched out. She raised her right hand slightly higher than her left hand and, holding her fingers vertically, she ticked them gently together so that the middle finger of her right hand ticked against the middle of index finger of her left. "Name," she repeated before pointing to him with her right index finger and doing the sign again. "What is your name?"

He waited to repeat the movements with his own right hand, in order to observe how she moved her hand and then see what it meant. Following with his right hand, he hoped he was doing it right as he raised his right hand and holding his fingers vertically, further mimicking her movements. Pointing at himself, he spoke up. "Daiki Shun." It felt good. Even while he had little faith in his voice now, he felt like he was making a difference. Repeating the motion, he ended with pointing at her. Though he wondered if it was okay and polite to point at her.

Shun? For a moment Nami wondered if her sensei and this young boy were related. Then again there were a lot of people who carried the name Shun. It was a rather common name after all. She decided against asking. When he repeated the question however, she shook her head. "First you point, than you do the name sign," she said carefully. "Though I suppose that doesn't really matter in this context. My name is," she made the corresponding signs, "Nami." After she had said that she made three more signs. Her right hand sliding over her left followed by one where her index fingers were pointed upwards and moved towards each other, and ending by pointing at Daiki again. (Sign for NICE TO MEET YOU | ASL Sign Language Video Dictionary) "Nice to meet you," she said out loud as she repeated the signs.

Point and then the sign for the name. He tried to memorize it. Nami. He nodded. Trying to mimick her movement, he accidently messed it up. Instead of letting his right hand sliding over his left, he did it reverse. Recognizing his own mistake, Daiki performed the sign over again as he wondered if it was just one big sign for a nice greeting or if some signs were having separated meanings. Glancing at his hands, a ghost of a smile moved over his lips. "Thank you. What's the sign? For thank you?" He asked, almost forgotten about the earlier encounter that had sparked this meeting.

She watching him try and fail and try again, a smile on her face. Those basic signs when performed slowly weren't so difficult. It got way harder when there was a rapid conversation going on. Her little stepsister and her would have those conversations on occasion, to test their skills. They would talk faster and faster until one of them messed up or got lost. Those were fun things. "Ah, eh..." Nami raised her left hand to her mouth, palm to the sky, fingers slightly spread. She let her fingers rest against her lips before moving them outwards. It was almost like she was blowing a kiss to someone only without the lipmovement that was generally involved in such a gesture.

That one went way easier. Feeling that he got the hang of it, Daiki repeated it again, just to try to memorize it better. Trying to make a note at the same time to also buy a guide on sign language or at least look it up if there was one, he nodded again. Instead of saying something, the boy raised his left hand to his mouth, palm to the sky and his fingers lightly spread. Resting his fingers against his lip, he moved them outwards. That one was easier and caused him to smile more.

Nami's smile grew and she nodded. "Don't worry about it," she said, not to bombard him with too many signs at the same time. "I think it is actually kind of fun to do, but I don't have many people to talk to..." she trailed off as she realised that she didn't just mean that she didn't have much people to sign to. Then she realised that she might have implied that sign language is just for fun while here he was, dealing with being deaf. "Not that it is fun that you need to depend on it," she added as a late afterthought. "But I..." She looked away from him to the street and the people. She knew why she had had to learn sign language from Father. The better she could work for him the more she could repay him. The image of Rika flashed again through her head. Her hand looked for the wall and found it. She turned back to him. "I don't know. It is just this thing I can do, but don't practice enough."

He didn't understand it for a moment that she had to say that it wasn't fun he had to depend on it. Only a moment later he realized that she was just not trying to be rude. It was something he had to get used to it, but thought it was better to show such respect or being polite than neglecting completely. "Its okay." He said, hoping that it would make her ease a bit and not be too tense or focused on not trying to offend him. It was after all something he had just enjoyed to do, so he didn't find her comment offending or irking. When her hand however looked for the wall, Daiki wondered what had caused her to do such a thing. "Do you have.. time?" He asked. "My treat on d-drinks."

"I..." She stared at him. He was asking her for drinks, here in the street. He was asking a stranger who he had just met for a drink. And he was asking her. Her eyes dropped to the bag of groceries she was holding before moving up to the sun. She did have time. She had finished quickly because she didn't feel like being outside too much. She did have time, however saying yes felt... strange. No recollection of ever having been asked such a thing came to her. She should probably go home, there was always more to do and she always had to train more. But... but this was kind of fun. "Eh..." she stuttered. "Yes, I have time. I have to be home around four so I should have time."

Glancing at her bags, Daiki wondered if he had perhaps been too straightforward with asking her for a drink. "I understand." He said. Glancing over his shoulder, he didn't want to make a fool out of himself by turning around and bumping to the next person, horse or whatever would be on his way. "Want some help?" He asked, gesturing to the bag of groceries.

"No," was her almost immediate answer to which she added: "Thanks." She shot another look over the street. "And you probably can use the help better. Do you... have a place in mind? 'Cause then I can help us get there easier. These are busy streets."

Yeah, that was true. He waited for a moment, focusing on what she said to then follow her gaze. It annoyed him to no end that he was probably needing help to cross a street. "No, I don't." He replied. "There are some... uphead. Down the street." He continued on, trying to think of something. It would be easier to converse if they could just sit down. Glancing back at Nami, Daiki would wait for her before trying to cross the street and to see if she would say anything back.

She stepped forward to lead the way, confidence back in her strides. The street was busy and losing him would be annoying because she couldn't exactly call for him. For a moment she paused to take note of his chakra signature. Might he get lost at least she would be able to find him at some point. "Let's go," she told him, urging him along past her as she kept a look out.

She navigated them across the streets, pulling him aside only once. It was almost a reflex when she saw that a cart was close to hitting him. "Okay," she said when they got further down the road and she could turn to him again. "That wasn't so bad. Lead the way."

Following Nami, it was kind of almost tempting to glance to the right or left. Only knowing however that he could lose track of her in the streets, Daiki kept her in his sight to prevent that from happening. It however almost led to the second time he had bumped into a cart, only prevented as Nami pulling him aside. Feeling slight ashamed, the boy raised his right hand as he would scratch his cheek. Wasn't so bad? He begged to differ, but wouldn't do so. Not now. Glancing around to spot a familiar landmark, he noticed at their left a sign. They could drink at a teahouse. Pointing at the place, he would glance back at Nami. "Want to go over-r there?"

"Sure." Tea was one of the things she enjoyed drinking. It was also one of the things she drank a lot of at home as it was cheap and still tasty. One of the most fun chores was going to a tea shop to find new flavors. Nami still couldn't quite understand why and how there were so many different ones.

Without really waiting for Daiki to move Nami stepped towards the door. With a swift move she pushed it open and walked in. It would be annoying for Daiki to ask for a seat, probably, since speaking was no longer very normal. So she requested a table for two and beckoned Daiki to follow her. As they sat down she placed her grocery bag beneath her chair both to make sure that she didn't forget it later and to make sure that it wouldn't be stolen. Although the chair was comfy, Nami sat straight, her hands on her lap, like she had learned to. She made the thank you sign to Daiki before returning her hand to her lap.

Following Nami, again, Daiki wondered briefly if that was going to be a thing now. Following others as if he wouldn't be able to lead. Briefly it made him think about his occupation and station again, but he would sweep that away in his thoughts. Taking a seat as well, he noticed her sign as he sat down. Taking a moment, Daiki was visibly thinking as he would raise his hands a bit. He wanted to thank her back, but it would be more fitting to say she was welcome. But not knowing the required signs, he chuckled as he would give her a thumbs up.

Nami chuckled and turned her attention towards the menu laying before them. Her eyes moved over the various different tastes they were offering. Then she looked back up to Daiki and flipped the menu around to let him see. She pointed to the word tea on the paper and then brought her hands up. With her left hand she formed a cup shape and with her right hand, her index finger and thumb locked together, she stirred around. "Tea," she said.

Daiki would eye her hand movements as he would then read her lips in order to see what she said, thought that was obvious as she had pointed at the word. Mimicking the signs twice, he tried to remember the previous signs she had shown him. It brought up a question. "Do you practice a-a lot?" He asked, getting quite impressed as he wondered how much signs there were and how one could memorize them all.

"Not that much anymore, but Father says that I have to keep it up. So my stepsister and I try to practice regularly." Nami looked back to the card to decide what she was going to take. She felt for something with cinnamon and her eyes caught a tea simply called 'Winter.' With her finger she ticked on it indicating that she was taking that one. Then, when she was sure Daiki was looking, she pointed to herself before placing her hand on her chest and moving it outwards, bringing her middlefinger and thumb together. After that came the tea symbol. "I like tea," she said repeating the signs and then pointing at him, her eyebrows raised in question.

That was great. Being able to practice this with somebody else. Daiki didn't consider or think for one second that Takeshi and he would do this. It was okay though. Takeshi had his life and occupations that kept him busy, so he had all the right to not spend time with Daiki. Perhaps it was just for the better, he thought. Noticing that Nami ticked on the menu, the boy was paying attention to what she pointed at. His attention then went to her hands as he understood it, making that aware with a nod. Trying to mimick the shown signs, Daiki pointed at himself and then proceeded with placing his hand on his chest. Moving it outwards, he shook his head while bringing his middlefinger and thumb together. While making the tea symbol, forming the cup shape, he spoke back. "I don't like t-tea."

Nami looked confused for a second. "Don't like?" she asked. Why would he chose a teahouse if he wasn't a fan of tea? "Also it is 'don't like.'" Nami placed her hand against her chest again but instead of moving it the same way as she did with like she moved it side ways as if to shoo something away, middlefinger and thumb still coming together. "I don't like tea." She repeated the signs. "Though if you don't like it... why here?"

The sign she made was subtly different, making Daiki wonder if he should be more keen on how to make them in order to prevent mistakes. It could be as with talking, that the tone of somebody's voice could give a different message to a said sentence. Her question made Daiki scratch his right cheek as he let out a muffled chuckle. "It looked nice. Sorry." He replied back. "Water is fine, though." Getting a bit more confidence in talking, he placed his hands intertwined on the table as he briefly glanced at their right. He was trying to think of a way to keep the conversation rolling, only wasn't sure what he should or shouldn't ask. Perhaps she liked swords?

"Water is it then." She looked up from the menu to signal to a waiter that they were ready to order. After the man had left, one water and one winter tea on his list, she turned back to Daiki. Her fingers tapped lightly on the table. She honestly wasn't sure what there was actually to talk about. She couldn't really ask how he got deaf, that was rude. But what other basis did they have? They didn't know each other. They couldn't know each other. Father said that Nami should refrain from talking too much or too detailed about herself. So she didn't. Which meant that she had to keep asking him questions.

She held both of her hands up, palms upwards. "What," she said, signaling that that was what the sign meant. Then she pointed at him followed by the like sign and then the what sign. "You. Like. What?" She said it slowly to make the order of words clear.

Another sign. Daiki was starting to get afraid that he wouldn't be able to memorize them all. But didn't suspect that anybody would blame him for that, right? Turning his gaze a bit up to read Nami's lips, Daiki knew a good answer and hopefully keep the conversation going on. It was nice to talk to somebody that wasn't interested only in becoming a better fighter or trying to prove his or her worth. "I like reading. Books, that is." He said, almost letting out a snort as he thought about reading lips. "Do you like reading?"

"Reading..." Nami held her left hand up, palm towards her face as with her other hand, her index and middle finger streched out, she moved down twice before her left hand. "I don't have a lot of time to read generally so I don't do it a lot. Which doesn't mean that I hate it. I just don't... do it."

The waiter arrived with their drinks and Nami gratefully wrapped her hands around the warm mug. "What genre do you like?" she asked him as she waited for the tea to cool down a bit.

Mimicking her signs, Daiki tried to remember the first one she had showed him. It was the question if he was deaf, but he wasn't sure if he would be able to reproduce the signals well enough. But never the less, he would try to memorize and mimick the last sign she showed him. Her answer made Daiki wonder what she did then if she hadn't time to read. But before he could produce the queston, she asked him what genre he liked. "History. Facts. Dull stuff." He answered back. "And you?"

"Mostly the same," she said chuckling as she lifted the cup to her mouth. Carefully trying the tea she deemed it okay to drink. She only continued talking when she had placed her cup down so that Daiki could see her lips. "History and facts. I read mostly when I have to study. I wouldn't call it dull however. It is very valuable knowledge and I think it is very good to have a good grasp of history. Father says so too."

Really? Though he found it a bit rude, he had expected she would be more fan of reading stuff as stories instead of authors going almost on a rant why the Great War was not a success for anybody if one would include this or that fact. Taking a sip of his water, Daiki paid close attention to what she said as he would nod as well lowering his glass with water. "Do you study f-for something then?" He asked, trying to create a sentence that was a bit longer than those before.

Nami's expression remained calm though suddenly she wondered what she was allowed to say and what she wasn't. She studied to repay Father back. She studied to become better, to help, to know, to be useful. But she wasn't going to say that. However she knew that being a shinobi wasn't a secret. Not here. Not now. Lots of people in this city were shinobi. It was just a job. "I am training to be a proper shinobi. Currently only a Genin," she said. "What do you do?"

He hadn't honestly expected she was a genin. Not being part of the shinobi corps, that was. "Chuunin." He replied back on her question. "At least, was. Not sure now." His confidence started to waver, which was evident as Daiki lowered his gaze for a moment as he tried to think of a way to explain it properly. "Need a talk with.. jounin commander." He spoke the last two words a bit slower as he didn't want to stumble again over his own words or believing he was messing it up, again.

"Chuunin. That is pretty cool. I am sure there are ways for people who lost their hearing to still serve the shinobi corps. They don't just ditch people." She stated it as matter of factly as she could. He looked very down about it, which was understandable, but giving up that easily was just stupid. Maybe he couldn't go out the same way as he had done before, but after learning to live with it maybe he could start doing something else. Though she was aware that even though she said that the corps wouldn't ditch him, it actually might do that. Unuseful shinobi were of no use to anyone so they better not be around. "Can't you pick up sensory ninjutsu?"

Cool wasn't how he would phrase it, but it was nice to 'hear' that for a turn. While her stance and words were perhaps a bit motivating and nice, he doubted it still. He expected that he would probably be assigned to and administrative function. Which was actually alright with Daiki. It wasn't like he would be able to match Takeshi in any kind of manner, so as long he could be helpful, he would be fine with whatever function they would give him. As she mentioned sensory ninjutsu, Daiki nodded. "I use that a-already." He replied. "But it is not the same." Pausing, he wondered if he should try to explain it. But it was likely something easy to grasp and to understand. No, he wanted to switch the topic away from being deaf. "Do you like it to be a-a shinob-bi?"

No, it probably wasn't the same. For Nami sensory ninjutsu was like a second way of breathing, but even then it wouldn't be the same as actually hearing what was going on around you. And then his next question came. Did she like being a shinobi? Yes, she did. It was her way of repaying the kindness that was shown and it was her way of being useful and feeling useful. But that first kill, that moment when she had seen Rika dead had shaken her up more than she wanted to. She wasn't going to tell that of course. Not that anyone would actually believe her if she told them that it was her who had killed the Mizukage. That was just ridiculous. "Yes, I do," she therefore simply stated. "I have a nice team with a nice sensei though he is really busy now and I don't work a lot with him anymore. He is lazy though..."

That was good. Having a nice team was always a plus. Hearing she had a lazy sensei made him briefly think about Takeshi. But he doubted that she mentioned his brother. The odds for that were just so slim, that he would just focus back on their conversation. Instead of speaking up, he would give it a try. Glancing at his hands, both making it clear that he was going to try to use what she had taught him, Daiki would focus on making sure that he wouldn't mess it up. Pointing first at himself, Daiki would try to continue. Placing his hand on his chest, he moved it then outwards with his thumb and middlefinger together. "I like to be a shino-bi too." He said. "But like theory more. More than actual prac-ctice." Slight frustrated, he would try to cut his words in order to pronounce them better. "Got many friends as shinobi?"

"Not really." Nami's reply came almost instantly. Her expression remained calm as she took another sip from her tea. "I have my teammember, of course," she added though she wasn't actually sure if she could consider her teammember a friend. It was not like they had done much together. They had had once mission. One during which Nami left half way through. "And I have five siblings. They are my friends. But besides that no." It didn't seem to bother her much as she said it. "I don't mind," she added before Daiki could say sorry or anything. "I don't see the need to have many anyway."

Nodding in understanding her, he found it interesting that they had some things in common. Both like reading the same 'dull stuff' and he considered having a lazy sensei and siblings as one thing. It was the case at least with him. "I can relate." He started. Half tempted to try to make a sign, but he wasn't sure if it would make much sense if he would suddenly just make one sign and then continue just talking. "Being a shinobi, means not much free time." He briefly chuckled. "That and I've seen people come and go. Sometimes seems m-more like a waste of time and... y'know." He tried to find a way to explain it. But the message had likely already been convoyed.

Nami hummed, her eyes dropping to her tea. Father said that her siblings were the only ones she should really trust, the only ones that were her true friends. They were family, that meant something. She finished her tea. It was good. Placing the cup down she looked back up to Daiki and then outside. Time was ticking by. Friends. It was a strange word for her. She felt like she did not understand the concept fully. Suddenly determination appeared in her eyes. "Would you like to learn," she made a sign where her left palm was facing upwards and her right hand seemed to be grabbing something from it and lifting it to her forehead. The sign for learning. "sign language? I could teach you."

Nodding, he tried to not smile like an idiot. "Yes, please." He tried to reply with a modest amount of joy given present. He wondered briefly if he should bring up some payment as he reckoned that it wasn't something simply learned and as well taking up some time for both of them. Scratching his cheek, Daiki pondered for a second. "If its no problem." He decided to mention.

Nami's own smile grew and she shook her head. "It is no problem. I need more practice and by teaching I will get that practice." That was not why she had offered it though, but she wouldn't tell him that. It was a part of the truth so it was not a full lie. She pushed her chair back. "I should go. Groceries." She gestured to the bag next to the table. "Next Saturday? Here?" she offered him.

Nodding again, Daiki replied back. "Next Saturday." For a moment he almost had said that it 'sounded' good, but he didn't want to give the idea that he was that much over it to joke about it. Pushing his chair back as well, Daiki attempted to flash a friendly smile and a small bow. "Many thanks. Again."

Returning the smile Nami picked up the bag, hoisted it on her arm and pushed the chair against the table. "See you then," she said before turning around and walking away. She would see him again soon.

Reactions: Gerontis
Yoshikuni Sadako
Amegakure Chuunin, Team 11

After they arrived at the place, which took a bit of time, and then they found a place to rest at for the night. Everything was fine and the foutons were decent. Nodding to Eiji, she prepared her fouton and left her bag on it before going and sitting down in front of Eiji. Taking a deep breath, she smiled as she begun to speak in a very fast pace.

"Okay! So here is what occured while I was in Konoha. When I first arrived, it was a few hours before the ball and after I managed to meet up with Kiyomi, we got ambushed by mean maids who dressed us up in fancy attire. We spoke a bit about why I was there, and then we went our seperate ways. Later that day I went to the ball, met a couple of nice people there, enjoyed their company, and then went back to the palace.

The next few days were also eventful. I got tested by Kiyomi, who beat me up good. I managed to grab her, but she shocked me hard.
She also taught me a bit more about Bijuu chakra that day. Afterwards, I went and briefly met up with Zakito. We couldn't stick around for long because he was too busy, and I went on to do other things. The following day I spent mainly on my own, medidating, visiting the First Hokage museum and his grave, buying a guitar and playing some old tunes my mom used to play for me and then heading back. Also spoke a bit to the Yonbi, I think I might've found a better approach for speaking to him, but unsure."

Taking another deep breath, she continued "Later in the week I had a rather big day. First, Meisa came and... undid her thing. Then, Kiyomi tested me out once more. This time, I passed, I think. After that, I spent the last couple of days going to a place called Azumi and met with a couple of friends there. Then I spent some time around Konoha, trained a bit of my chakra control some more, had a nice dinner with Aiko and Zakito. After that, I said my fare and thanked Kiyomi for allowing me to stay there and train me, and came back. And thats the summarized version of everything major that occured to me there."

Finishing, she took another deep breath and her smile grew a bit bigger. Kuni knew she talked a lot faster than she usually does, but she was feeling a bit tired and wanted to warp this up quickly, and at the same time she didn't want to keep Eiji waiting any further.

[fieldbox=Masked Goofs vs Team 7, indigo]

Summary :
The match between Masked Goofs and Team 7.
Refereed by Nim.

"Kensuke Nimatsu. Shisen Inuzuka. Aimi Uchiha." The telepathic bond was working still fine. And with the 'uniform' that they were wearing, it was thus near impossible to see who was really who. Saki had already relayed some of the information about the opposing team to Katsu and Koike as she would summarize it all again during their walk to enter the field. "If we will follow the plan, I rarely doubt that a lot can go wrong." She further stated.

He thought back of the information, but had faith that their plan would work. And if in the events that it wouldn't work, they could always improvise. He had checked his gear twice before he had quickly got the cape and mask on before heading to the arena with Saki and Katsu. With the hooded cloak and mask, he wondered for a moment if this was how ANBU felt. It gave a certain confidence in the fact that their future enemies wouldn't be able to recognize them on spot. "Mhm. Let's just do this."

"Gotcha!" Katsu smiled under the plain, black mask that simply had two eyeholes and an engraved grin.

=====================================
Monaka was dead silent as she stood in the arena grounds. She had properly prepared, having all her weapons on her. She had also gotten it through Tao Tao's... Probably nonexistant thought process to be ready to follow orders when he was summoned. He probably got the idea from how excited he was, but she could never be sure what went through the earth creature's head. Her only worries would be that if her opponents were sneaky... Damn would that be a pain, but she'd have to be ready for that instance.

Kensuke smelled the air and ran his hand through his hair when he arrived at the arena. A swamp arena? That actually sounded like it'd be interesting? He'd only fought in a swamp a few times before, and it added an interesting dimension to the fighting. He spied upon their opponents and saw their masks. Their team name was as mysterious as their appearance, and at first glance he couldn't identify them. He subconsciously began reading their body language but given their cloaks and masks, it was only mostly impossible. All he could see were their shoes, and he wasn't exactly an expert on that. Fashion wasn't Kensuke's thing, really.

"So, I hope you all had a nice breakfast and a good portion of sleep." Kensuke said to his team forming up behind him. "You'll definitely need it here." He said optimistically, looking for something to lean against, in which aspect he was sorely disappointed. Swamps.

Shisen frowned at her sensei trying to smell anything. As far as she knew she was the one with doglike senses. She and her ninken that was. Their opponents looked vaguely intimidating in their totally anonymous attire, but if anything, being around Kensuke had learned her to not be intimidated as easily. His disappointed frowns were intense enough to make a cat sit at command. Pfuh, cats. She glanced at the temporary teammember, named Monaka. Her ... beast was something she'd never quite seen before, but given that it was a giant cat by the looks of it, she already didn't approve. Hearing her sensei's words, she scoffed. She was growing tired of him saying that.

=====================================

The Referee stood in the middle of the field, looking to his sides to see that both teams were in their spots and ready. He raised his right hand to signal to both teams to be prepared. The rules were given to both teams several times before entering the field, and if they did not understand by now, then he was there to ensure they will know. He didn't expect a clean fight, but they were not meant to kill.

A brief moment later, he lowered his hand quickly, signaling to both teams that they may begin as he jumped away, moving to a proper spot from which he could see both teams.

"I believe that that's the sign that we can start." Kensuke said, looking at some referee of sorts making hand gestures. Kensuke rolled his shoulders and drew his sword, letting it roll in his wrist to prepare the joint for some serious oompf to come. "Headset check." He said, activating it. Turning serious he turned his gaze on the opposing team and tried reading their movements. Their cloaks were motionless in the swamp, given the near-absolute lack of wind, and he couldn't read much from it. "I can handle fighting multiple opponents. You group up and defeat them in detail." He said, and suddenly bursted forwards in a full-frontal charge at the middle of the enemy team. A full frontal charge was as good of an opening move as any other, right?

"Huh. No Aimi." Saki reported, though it was clear to the others probably that the boy was for some reason replaced. Weaving the sole handsignal underneath her cloak, a thick mist would roll into the arena. "The girl has earth and fire release. Good strength." Saki reported as she would focus on making the mist thicker with every second.

Shisen saw her teamleader bolt off before much had been discussed in the sense of a plan, and mentally shrugged as she dropped on all fours. The eldest of both ninken's hairs raised on edge and growled threateningly as it followed Shisen into the action as her entire appearance morphed into something that was a lot more menacing than a young teenage girl. Snifing the air out of instinct, her nose rang a bell of recognition when it encounter a new but familiar smell. "I smell Saki. DE-FUCKIGN-LICIOUS WERE U AT GURL" She said through the voice communicators as she closed the distance with the enemy team, albeit not as quickly as her sensei did. While she didn't really like his plan, it did make some sense at least. Startle the pack, isolate the victim, go in for the kill.

Katsu took a quick step forward and brought his hands to the sides of his face, out of the closing in opponent's trajectory. A great white flash of life appeared, aiming to take the opponent's sight.

"Working just fine." She spoke as to notify the headset worked. When the match was signaled to begin, she immediately got a kunai knife out. She couldn't jump, and didn't have much experience with turning mud, but she could bear. She held the kunai knife at the corner of her mouth, the only thing stopping it from falling in was the strong biting down of her canines and frontal teeth. She had no techniques for hiding, so she could go for protecting. Preforming some handseals, she created a wall, though more thick than tall. The edges were slipping down a little, since all it was made of was mud, which was a bit of an issue. She then slapped her hand against the thick muddy structure, forcing it to wrap around the area she stood, much like pulling. It didn't provide excellent protection, but there would be only two clear ways for her to be struck; Up, and down.

His left hand had already went to his pouch, concealed by the cloak. Koike decided that he would take care of the only way how the enemy team would be able to 'sniff' them out as his hand pulled out a stink bomb. Waiting for his team members as he noticed that the Nimatsu decided it was a wise move to charge over wet mud, Koike readied himself.

Skidding to a halt Kensuke cursed in the privacy of his own skull. He had noticed mist suddenly rising from the damp ground and as a bright flash robbed him of his eyesight he had heard Shisen's warning. Saki was here. Which meant that the mist was a killing field. Making handseals and summoning a continuous gale just strong enough to disperse the mist. Other than that it was the waiting game for him.

"Target confirmed." Saki reported as she had lowered herself. She had been weaving handsignals after the flash of Katsu, the cloak hiding the signals as she would 'aim' with the last one. With the dispersion of the mist and given the ground, it would most likely land as Saki would slowly fall on the mud.

Shiro, lifted his head as the scent stayed with him and glanced at Shisen who itched forwards a little as Arashi moved in some more. With a series of handsigns, one Shisen beame three Shisen and together the three of them advanced slowly towards where the scent of Saki was strongest. This was in her mind, the best way to trick the opposing team as it was nearly impossible. The three of them continued to move forwards.

Katsu formed a couple of handseals and brought out paper shuriken from under his palms, tossing the four forward in the general direction, trying to cover as much of area as he could. The shuriken ignited and blew up as a tag would, raising burnt smell and sound.

Monaka heard no activity near her, and from what she could tell the mist was dissipating. Alright, time to come out and fight. She punched through the mud wall, causing it to collapse, running while putting a second Kunai knife in her mouth, preforming some handsigns, the knives becoming red hot. She pulled them from her jaws, prepared to slice anyone who came near her, but skid to a stop when she heard the sound of an explosion.
"Shit..." She mumbled. There was still mist around, even with hearing the explosion she couldn't see where it came from. She had no choice but to advance.

Throwing the stink bomb after Katsu caused the explosions, the youngman would stay on his position. The bang would release a very strong stench. Even from the place where Koike stood, he could smell the rather foul stink oil, that would make it almost nigh impossible for anybody to catch a smell.

Coming to a stop, the Nimatsu would hunch forward for a moment. Rolling with his shoulders, the technique had landed. Not very surprising seeing the distance and the several factors. Glancing at the sword, Kensuke would throw the weapon away as he would declare something. "Team 7 yields." Lifting his hands up high and the mist being blown away, he would just simply turn around.

Landing in the middle of the field, the Referee would raise both his hands to indicate to both teams to cease their actions "With the surrender of Team 7, Team Masked Goofed are declared winners of the match. Cease any attacks and, if needed, go see a medic." The Referee spoke in a loud and clear voice that would somewhat echo in the field.

[/fieldbox]

Hanako Asushika
Kumo Team 3 Chuunin
Drop Time

Watching as her teammates each jumped off the air ship, she took a steadying breath and sent a silent prayer to the Great Mother. Hanako wasn't afraid of heights, or more accurately she was not afraid of the wind. Taking another deep breath, she let herself fall from the airship and into the wind with her eyes closed. It was like she was flying if only for a minute she forgot she was on a mission and a split second later, she opened her eyes and released the parachute soundlessly as it slowed her advance on the ground.

Keeping in mind what they were taught about how to guide the parachute in any given dirrection she did so that she was closer to the others. She kept a close a eye on how Satoshi-Sensei was guidng his and did her best to mimic his actions with the parachute so she was within a few feet of her team. Hanako wondered if it were possible to fall from the sky as a hobby with a paachute as she couldn't imagine doing it without one. The Great Mother only knew what would happen if one tried to do it without a parachute, a very poor outcome.

It did occur to her that her clan was more inclined to keep both feet on the ground as the earth was more than enough for them to go on as it offered a vast amount of resources. Oxygen was important yes, but without food and shelter there would be no need for it as one would surely wither to nothing. It was then that she decided to keep her faith in the earth and letting the Great Mother provide her with anything she would need. Looking back to her team, she smiled and hoped they were alright.

[fieldbox=A peptalk!, crimson]
A collab between Sketching and Aliceee.
Summary :
Rini gets a peptalk from Itsuo before she is going to the match she is needed to participate in.

She tried to keep herself calm, but it wasn't working. She hadn't been nervous yesterday or a few hours ago, but now it was starting. The nerves reminded her of the time she had done the examination at the Academy. She had been confident until she saw the door. The door that would lead to the room where some of the teachers would either decide she would need to spend more time at the Academy, graduate or worse : unfit to become a kunoichi.

Considering how far she had made it didn't work. Thinking of a happy place didn't work. Pacing behind the building where the lodgings and all the people of the Akinian Empire were staying at, the young teen was running her hands through her hair. Figuring out how to get calm and push the nerves away was breaking her apart. Slowly, but steadily. Huffing and puffing, Rini considered to just not go. Sure, the team would be disqualified, but she couldn't. Some people had parents, friends and what ever watching them. Cheering for them. Who did she have? Sho? Psh, as if that would provide some comfort. No, she was alone and Rini wanted to cry and run home. It was an easier option to fled and being a coward than to face the looming fact that she had to fight while many people were watching.

Why did she even think this was going to be fruitful? Grunting, Rini closed her eyes as she felt the temptation to slam her head several times against the nearby wall. Instead, she wanted to walk forward and turn, pressing her back against the wall.

"Oh! Wha?" Stumbling into somebody instead of the wall, Rini blinked as she noticed who it was. Huffing, she shot him a glare instantly.

The young man in front of her gave a weak smile. "Huh? What's wrong?" Itsuo asked. "I'm just here to cheer you on, you know."

Rini puffed as she glanced away. "Nothing. I am giving myself a pep talk."

"Uh... I think that's my job."

She tried to keep her smile hidden away as she frowned. "Then where were you all this time? Not that I wanted to be given a pep talk. I can take care of myself, y'know." She replied back. Crossing her arms out front of her chest, the young teen tapped with her left foot on the ground.

"I know that, kiddo," he said, ruffling her hair. "You're a tough little girl, aren't you?"

"That's all?" She puffed. Lowering her arms, Rini narrowed her eyes. "But let's be serious. What would you do now? I might be a bit nervous. Just a bit."

Itsuo looked a bit surprised and at a loss of words. He wasn't really the most tactful person. "Um.... Well..." he cupped his chin and looked down, thinking. His eyes lit up as he brought his hands back to his sides. "You don't need to be that nervous. Think of this as a learning experience. You want to get stronger, don't you?"

"What is the point in becoming stronger actually? I won't get anybody back. I won't earn really anything." Kicking a pebble away, Rini shrugged as she averted her gaze. "Thinking of it, I just think that I want to... I don't know. I'm not supposed to be having the answers anyways. You should! You're the adult! " She puffed.

"Ah.... I'm not really an adult, you know," he said. "But I can answer that question, at least. I didn't really have much to protect when I was trying to grow stronger and stronger. I had nothing to cling to. It was pretty much a distraction for me, but I think it might've also been because of this... With strength, you can also get the power to protect. I suppose that might've been what I wanted. After losing my sister, I was a bit regretting... I've only realized that these past few months. So here's my proposition to you:" Itsuo gave her a rare, warm smile. "Choose something that will make you happy, give you a reason to go on, however empty it might be. If it's to grow stronger, walk into that arena to learn. If you don't want to, you don't have to go on with this tournament. Your teammates'll be sad, sure, but if you think that your path isn't on that of strength of arms, there's no shame in walking away. Only make sure not to regret your decision."

The girl thought about his words. Then she looked up to him and frowned. "And how am I sure what will make me regret a decision or not? Why can't the answers be given before me choosing a path or option? Though I don't even like my team members. Sho is a jerk. Don't know about the other, but... I don't know." Feeling slightly frustrated, Rini lowered her gaze again. "I just wanted to... you know. Be making you proud, I guess." Rubbing her left arm, Rini pouted as she kept her gaze to the ground.

"Make me proud? I'm already proud of you," he said, ruffling her hair further. "You're much stronger than I am in much more important ways than skillfullness with a sword. I won't think any differently of you just because of whether or not you go into that ring."

Shutting her eyes, Rini made another huffing sound as he ruffled her hair again. 'Glaring' up to Itsuo, Rini crossed her arms out front of her chest again. "Obviously I am way stronger. I got the muscles and the brain!" Placing her fists on her hip, Rini tried to look more confident. Power poses were probably a great thing, but she knew that it wasn't going to work now. Or with her in most cases. "Now, if you don't mind, I need to get out there and give a fight people are waiting for."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox='Shikaroku Nara, Purple']
Konoha Genin, Team 9
No More Clouds...

Letting out a loud sigh, the dark haired boy closed his eyes. He was laying down in the field, his hands propped behind his head and a long blade of grass sticking out of his mouth as he chewed it idly. Opening his eyes he stared up at the sky above. That one looks like a rabbit, he thought, watching as a puffy looking cloud passed lazily overhead. Glancing over at another cloud as it made its careless way across the sky, Shikaroku sighed again. There were days he wished he could be just like the clouds, drifting peacefully without a care in the world. They had it easy...

He liked doing this. Laying here, watching the clouds. Free of worry, free of complications and blissfully free of the migraines... It was better when he was able to spend time with Hiron-sensei, but Shikaroku enjoyed this time he had to himself.

Rolling over onto his side, he pulled the blade of grass from his mouth. Reaching down into his pocket, Shikaroku pulled the letter from Hiron out. It appeared they had a mission, something he didn't really know how to feel about. Putting the note back in his pocket, Shikaroku stood up. He had given himself time to come down here before they would need to meet up. He felt that he had needed it. Unfortunately, that time was up...

Taking one long last look at the clouds, Shikaroku sighed again.

...........................................................................................................................
~Some time later~

Stopping as the main gate came into view, Shikaroku noticed Hiron and Neji were already there. As he moved closer, he noticed a third person approaching. Keeping himself at a slight distance, Shikaroku watched and waited for the young looking girl to introduce herself. So this is the new teammate, hmm? he thought, moving towards the group once again. Keeping his thoughts to himself, Shikaroku walked up to the three of them, bowing his head slightly to Hiron and nodding to Neji.

"I apologize if I am late Hiron-sensei. I was in the middle of some important... research..." His expression entirely neutral, Shikaroku turned towards the newest member of the team. "Hi."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Nami Tachibana, gold"]
Team 2 Genin | Docks

The first meeting she would have with Daiki had to be canceled. Nami didn't feel very upset about it. Missions would always come before personal things she might want to do in her free time. Besides it had been a while since she had been on a mission, especially a big one like this. As she arrived at the docks she saw the group gathered near some of the galleys. With firm steps she walked over to them.

She had left Daiki a message with the owner of the establishmet where they were supposed to meet. She didn't know where he lived or anything so that seemed to savest bet. There was no doubt in her mind that he would understand. And if he didn't, then that was his loss. She couldn't get upset about that and get distracted. That would make no sense.

Before long Nami appeared next to the group. She scanned around for a possible leader that she recognized, but couldn't find one. This confused her as she had always learned to properly introduce herself when going on a mission. Only after looking around and concluding that she didn't know what to do, she looked to her fellow teammembers. They looked about the same age as her which was nice in a way. She didn't know any of them, their faces foreign in her eyes, but that was fine. She didn't need to know any of them to work with them. As long as they would do their jobs it was all fine.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox=Introductions? Great. , royalblue]
Mika Hayashi,
Kiri Team 12 jounin | Docks/Port

Still with crossed arms, Mika waited. Nanami was the first to arrive and as the two engaged in a brief stare, Mika was about to suggest that Nanami should take a picture. Then she could stare all she wanted, though it wouldn't be likely that it would become more pretty. Wanting to say it, Nanami spoke and even bowed. It briefly Mika's blank expression broke as she seemed for a moment surprised by the girl's tone and manner. "Yes. Birds and rats." Mika replied back, her cold neutral. But not cold.

Then the second person joined. A genin that went by the name Aya Oda, causing the corner of Mika's lips to tug down by a bit. Luckily hidden away by the high collar.

Mika glanced with a neutral expression at Aya Oda. The adopted daughter of Hiro Akiyama, the current jounin commander. If anything Mika had already a low opinion on the girl, but it wasn't because of her approach. It was simply because of Hiro. Yet, she couldn't help but wonder if Aya would have the same mentality as Hiroshi. That would be a plus.

"Genso is kind of..... well can you think of something that's just bad? That's what Im warning you about." The girl lifted up a bandaged arm, making Mika only raise her left eyebrow. She briefly gestured with her right hand that she would make a note of it, but then another person joined the merry group. Shin Yuki.

"Shin Yuki." He said before glancing to Aya "And Aya will probably want to..." Shin glanced to the ram for a brief second before continuing "butt heads with Genso... It might be best to keep her in a different group if you can control that." He said, smirking at his joke and looking to the person that Aya had been talking to. "And if you can, I'd like that same treatment... I don't take kindly to those who hurt their allies... At least, not if they do so the first day they met them."

The surname made Mika more interested. A Yuki? The clan that was renowned for its ice release was a scattered clan. Though Mika hadn't seen or heard much of a Yuki this far south, always speculating that they lived more in the northern and more cold regions of the known world. While she didn't have the humor to react on the witty play of words by the boy, she simply nodded in return.

Just as she glanced left, another person entered the scene. A deep, masculine voice moved through the air as the person introduced himself. "Genso--" The boy wanted to say as he walked over to the group. Frowning, Mika glanced at Aya and Shin. "Mhm, I know. First instruction. Silence. So shut your trap and wait." While she kept glancing at the two, her words were clearly aimed at the newcomer.

Her gaze moved her neutral facial and cold stare into the boy's direction. His lips parted as he was clearly about to say something, but Mika cut the boy off again. "We're here for a mission. Even if some of you don't like each other or do, I am not going to give a damn about that. You can play little shits elsewhere when not being on a mission. So shut your trap as I am not interested in any of you as I am here to do my job and in my contract it isn't stated that I am a nanny nor need to be one."

Perhaps an uncomfortable silence would remain longer if it wasn't for the fact another participant showed up. This boy wasn't saying anything as if he had just caught the whole previous command of Mika. But his behavior was odd, making Mika glance in his direction with a frown. Yet, she wouldn't say a thing. As long as the newest participant wouldn't do anything wrong, she wouldn't mind him. For the time being.

Then a known face showed up. Arima. The woman didn't break her facial expression, but she did closed her eyes briefly as she nodded back in return to his good morning. While she was sure that Arima had probably his questions on why she was here, Mika decided to not discuss such matters in the open.

The last person the joined the group. She was silent and seemed more reserved. Which was all good in Mika's opinion. Less likely to be a troublesome runt, she thought to herself.

"Good, now we're all here. I will tell this only once without making you regret it. Better listen closely. I'm simply captain or M. Not interested in jokes, your lives or what so ever. I'm here to do my job and expect the same attitude and mentality from each of you. Not because you are supposed to be shinobi. Not because I boss you around to proper shinobi. But because people are counting on you to do a job. A proper one. Even though I would disagree with a genin being a shinobi, that is something that we will not discuss now. Right now we will move in one group." Pausing, the pale blue eyes of Mika went to Aya and Shin. "This mission requires us to work all together. I don't care what happened before as it isn't my business. However," she slowly raised an eyebrow, "the moment I hear or spot somebody making a mess and causing the other other person to get hurt, I am going to predict that person will need more than bandage to be fixed." The last words were clearly meant for Genso, who looked away as the woman did say so. Nodding towards Aya and Shin, Mika glanced at the others.

"Thus we will be moving on the galley over there." Pointing at the galley a bit up ahead, Mika pushed her back off the wall. "Remember the house rules and what consequence might be awaiting the fool that tries his or her hand in ruining something." With that said, the group would be moving to the galley. The crew and present marines on deck were clearly waiting. While it was clear that none of them seemed to be a shinobi, it was clear that there were several armed people present on deck. Mika glanced at the captain who stood at the helm. "Each of you, rest a bit out. We will have a day and half before we will arrive at the destination. Don't run around and be a nuisance though." Mika warned them as she would then proceed to head to the captain. This was going to be a long mission probably.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Dropout, #ffcc99]
Kaya Irozaki,
Kumogakure genin / Team 13

The instruction to be silent was sort of wasted on Kaya. Not that she talked, no she hadn't talk that much after since the kidnapping of Midori. During the whole time, the girl had been rather silent and distant. Certainly when it came to Reyna, the Irozaki remained at a considerable distance - if the space surrounding them allowed it. Even during the days of the parachute training, Kaya hadn't talked that much. It was worse when it was night.

Nobody had yet heard the soft whimpering or so Kaya hoped. With the airship taking off, the raven haired teen held her head lowered as she simply waited. She knew what the mission was. Retrieving Midori made her mentally cringe. Just when she had for the first time doubted and tried to help the Savior of Kumogakure, had she been shocked by the fact that Reyna was the 'same'. She too was a jinchuriki. While she would be a bit surprised, Kaya was now half-suspecting Asa to also be a jinchuriki. Nobody had ever told her that Reyna was one, so the possibility remained that the other member on her team could very well also host a demonic beast inside of her.

Glancing sideways as Asami Sanosuke spoke to them, Kaya clenched her hands into fists. She didn't like the operation, but hopefully she would be able to get her answers. While she was terrified of the prospect of being close to Midori and Reyna at the same time, the girl had thought of some questions. And right now, Midori was the one that was in need of answering them.

As they were needed to jump, Kaya got up as she lowered the goggles and for the first time in her life shot a quick prayer. Just to any higher power or deity that was willing to hear her, but she doubted she would have any divine help as she would leap out of the airship. The cold wind whipped against her cheeks and neck. Waiting for the three seconds, the girl pulled the handle and gasped for air as her fall was broken by the dark parachute. Making sure to not panic at this vital moment, Kaya still had some faint hope that some divine would at least allow her to get her answers.

She didn't want to be scared anymore.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Hiron Hon, maroon]
Konohagakure Jounin | Team 9

The first to arrive was Neji Uchiha. Hiron nodded back as the boy greeted him. The question of Neji, what mission they were going for today, was met with a short reply of Hiron. "I will brief you all together. Given if the others will be on time." The man simply answered. He pocket his hands, glancing around as he hoped that the other genin would soon gather up. Masami was after all not really required to accompany them on the mission, but just in case, Hiron had send her a letter that would detail the Hyuuga chuunin on about where they would be going.

Soon enough another person would join Hiron and Neji. A girl, who wasn't clearly sure if she was needed to meet up with them. "Hello... my name is Violet Tsukami and I received a letter to meet Team 9 here." She then stood up and smiled, "Would either of you happen to be apart of team 9?" Hiron briefly frowned as he would then nodded. He found it a bit odd that she had given her name and bowed before knowing if they were the correct team. Perhaps he was a bit too harsh with judging, but he wouldn't start about it. After all, Violet had just graduated from the Academy as he had read her profile.

"Yes, I am Hiron Hon. The team leader. This is Neji Uchiha and you're on time. Soon enough we will move out on a mission. The briefing will be given once the last genin has arrived." Hiron replied to the girl. He would then glance around as he was hoping that Shikaroku would be too late or even not having received the note.

But luckily the Nara arrived at the scene. The usually stern jounin gained an amused expression on his feature as he would simply nod towards Shikaroku. "Good, now that we're all here, time to get started. We're assigned to help and patrol a few farms nearby. It is a relatively simple mission, but," the tone of Hiron made it clear that he wouldn't tolerate any slacking, as usual, "we're not to make some fun or fool around. Those people have real concerns and regardless of what you lot think or want, we're there to help and protect them. Got that? Good." Turning around, the jounin would pick up a relatively easy pace for them to follow. Leaving the main gates the team would make way for the countryside. It was still something he had to get to adjust as they would see for quite some distance the flowing countryside instead of the dense forest near the wall. There were of course here and there patches of the old forest left, but it wasn't the same.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Satoshi Jun, #ffcc99]
Kumogakure Jounin | Team 3 | Team Charlie.

Slowly descending down to the earth, Satoshi wanted to enjoy the view. But the fact that the night didn't reveal much of the landscape and the reason why they were doing this prevented the man from taking even a second to take in the possible beauty that the height could provide. Instead Satoshi kept glancing now and then up in order to catch a glance from his team. But luckily none of them had passed him, meaning that they were following either in order or held their distance.

He wasn't sure how it long it took, but eventually he could discern more features down the ground. Aiming for the right of the castle, Satoshi hoped that his team would keep following him. Though they had been briefed quite well about the location, he found it better to see the situation for himself. The ruins of the once proud castle piqued the interest of Satoshi. Who had ordered the construction of the fortification? Who had ruled here and who had managed to drive the occupants away or just, how did it end up like this?

Of the outer ring of walls, there was quite some damage. Either done by the force of nature, wearing down the thick sturdy walls or because the last offensive against the castle had broken it down. There was an inner circle of wall that was however relatively undamaged, making Satoshi briefly wonder what the true fate of the last occupants were. Aiming to land in the large open fields around the outer walls, Satoshi readied himself. Even though he had manouvred to slow himself down, it was still a rough landing.

Instead of getting up, the man would quickly move into action. Using his sensory ninjutsu, he would also glance up. So far each of them hadn't been that far from him, which was good. Turning to his parachute, Satoshi would quickly start to roll it up. It would take a minute or two and it wasn't really fun work, but after doing so, the jounin simply moved lift the rolled parachute up and whistle once. Now it was again gathering up and then they could do their work.

[/fieldbox]

[Fieldbox=Violet Tsukami , plum]
Konohagakure genin| Team 9

The man returned Violet's greeting with a nod though he did not seem overly thrilled about meeting her. "Yes, I am Hiron Hon. The team leader. This is Neji Uchiha and you're on time. Soon enough we will move out on a mission. The briefing will be given once the last genin has arrived." Violet felt a little disappointed that the man was neither the sensei of her dreams or seemed happy to see her. This added to the fact that the boy teammate was an Uchiha. Now Violet never met an Uchiha, but she has heard rumors of what they could do.

Some students say they were the masters of the fire arts, capable of unleashing the most powerful fire jutsu. Other kids claim they could copy any technique after only seeing it once. There was even a rumor that Uchihas had a evil demon inside of them which could turned their eyes red; and if you ever looked them in the eye, you would be trapped in the most powerful genjutsu ever and not even the release command could break it. They were really scary people in her classmates' eyes, though this was the same class that failed to tell the difference between a blind person and a member of the Hyuuga Clan. Violet was not stupid like them. She understood the Hyuuga had exceptional eyesight because it was the key point to their special taijutsu, Gentle Fist. In fact, that was the only reason she did not fall for the rumor, being an Taijutsu enthusiast herself. Still, It was not like the Uchihas had any special taijutsu techniques of their own. Violet never bothered to dispel the rumors with research and thus might have believed some of them, more specifically the copy technique and the genjutsu eye trick, because genjutsu is the most bs ninja technique in her eyes, and she would hate for someone to just copy her hard work so easily.

Then another genin arrived and he happened to be the other member of Team nine. She was worried about what kind of person he was, thinking he was going to look unfriendly like Sensei or be scary like the Uchiha however one thing completely smite any accusations of him. "Hi." She looked up after he greeted her. Though it was simple and not fancy, it seemed friendly. She smiled and bow to him, "Hi..." Sensei seemed to enjoy the other genin's presences compared to her. He was not frowning at all which made Violet sigh a little. "Good, now that we're all here, time to get started. We're assigned to help and patrol a few farms nearby. It is a relatively simple mission, but," Suddenly Hiron-sensei became serious again as if he was never amused by the other genin's presences, "we're not to make some fun or fool around. Those people have real concerns and regardless of what you lot think or want, we're there to help and protect them. Got that? Good." Then Hiron-sensei started walking off without waiting for a response, at least from her.

Violet clenched her fist while looking at the sky. This was going to be her test and a great reason to show her sensei what she is made of. Then she turned to the Uchiha kid *GULP.*She wondered how much of those powers he had. Despite her curiosity, she did not want to find out and planned to avoid eye contact with him. As the team started following Hiron-sensei, she walked to the other side of the 3rd genin to arrived in order to use him as a barrier between her and the Uchiha. "I, never got your name... I am Violet Tsukami." She smiled hoping to seem as friendly as she could. She figure if she could just get him to be her friend then maybe she could make it on this team. After all, she did not have any friend in the Academy and she did not want to repeat that again. She would have to start trusting these people with her life and as such; she wanted to be able to trust at least one of them. "What kind of taijutsu do you use? I studied some of them in the Academy, but they did not really go in depth on the different types."

[/fieldbox]

@Gerontis
@timv999
@ChromeHound

Last edited:
Neji Uchiha
Konohagakure Genin team nine
Neji gave a head nod to the new girl on their team. She looked capable enough , she seemed to be a little lost, but most Genin were like that when they first came out of the acadmey. Hopefully she would be a good comrade someone Neji could count on. Then Neji smiled and nodded when Shikarouku arrived. Shika was someone Neji respected a lot. Neji may have better physical skills then Shika, but Shika had one of the best minds in the village. He may be a little lazy, but there are not many other people Neji would want on his squad with him during a mission. Neji listened to Hiron sensei as he explained what their mission was to be. Not anything very dangerous your standard C rank mission. Neji knew though that any C rank mission could turn into an S rank mission. Even though that was extremely unlikely Neji knew he had to stay alert and focused. Neji then started to run and follow Hiron as they made their way out into the countryside. Neji made sure he was prepared for whatever would come his way during this mission. Neji could hear what the new girl was saying to Shika about some different Taijutsu she learned about in the acadmey and asked Shika what kind of taijutsu he used. Neji could tell already that she was someone who used taijutsu a lot, probably as her main form of attack. Neji turned his head up towards hiron. "Hey Hiron Sensei, did the farmers mentions what exactly they want us to be looking for? Have they been having trouble with bandits or wild animals or anything like that?"

@Gerontis
@ChromeHound
@Unyielding

Nanami Fukumitsu
Team 14 Chuunin | Kirigakure

Nanami looked around at the others- seeming probably a bit younger than her- group up. Welp, looked like they were all here, so it was time for M the dictator to speak. As expected, she spoke in that same authorative way, which was a good thing, but it just quietly bugged her how ass-stingingly serious about a couple stupid birds. This should be easy, right? Birds are easy to catch... As far as she knew, you could just throw out some seeds and net it when it's good and relaxed.
"Well, alright then." She said, stretching her arms. She stroked Jeriko, following her along with the others onto the galley. She paid particular attention to Jeriko, who she knew was prone to falling off the steps and such. He managed to get onto the boat with a couple slips of the hooves.
"Why must it be so ha-a-ard to get on these things?" The ram complained.
"Oh stop being a baby... Lets just go talk to some people here." She proceeded to walk to one of the girls, "Hey there, you said your name was Nami?" She smiled, "Well, my name is Na-nami!" She chuckled as to get some stupid joke across there or something.

Shiba Inumura
Team 14 Genin | Kirigakure

Shiba was tempted to growl and bark at the woman's tone, but he forced himself to remain silent, casting some sort of strange scowl. He wasn't so adjusted to human expressions yet, other than a standard smile or frown. He followed everyone, at first walking on his fours, but remembering and standing back on his hind legs, being a little wobbly but properly remembering how to walk like that. He almost fell off the side when getting onto the boat, letting out a loud whine, but pulled himself up and fixed himself to the floor with his claws with the slightest movement from the boat. He felt like he was going to pee himself.

Kin Kita
Kumogakure genin, Team Satoshi

Following the parachute of his sensei, Kin focused his sight on it as hard as he could while adjusting the parachute accordingly. It wasn't the easiest thing to spot during the dark night, but luckily they weren't that far apart from each other so he could still tell it apart from the other darkness around.

As they closed on the ground, He watched Jun-sensei land and performed the landing as smoothly as he could, but he still slightly stumbled a couple of steps forward. Better than landing with the entire parachute on top of him, he thought as he pulled the parachute off him and looked at what Jun-sensei did next. Mimicing the man's action, he started to roll the parachute and when he heard the whistle, he grabbed the rolled up parachute and approached Jun-sensei, looking at him and then in the direction of the others, hoping they didn't land far behind.

Arima Tsukino, Kirigakure Chuunin
Ports

Arima followed the others from behind a bit, taking the chance to get a good look at them in a single picture. Most of them were still pretty young. There was even an odd one that seemed to be learning to stand on two feet. He only knew Mika among the entire group, but it was still more than the last time he was on a ship. With a jolly grin, the young man quickly rushed over to the ship, hopping on.

"Ah... This feels nice."

Rei Tsumetai, Kumogakure Genin
Airship 1

As Rei moved down through the air with his pack on his back, he squinted his eyes to get a chance to see properly, counting in his head. At a sudden moment, he tugged the strap and from his backpack, out came a parachute. "Oof!" He felt the pull on his shoulders as he suddenly slowed down. Looking up, he marveled at the simple fabric that made the jump possible as the ship peeked over the edge of the cloth.

As he landed, the boy remained graceful for a moment with a satisfied grin on his face before the parachute fell on him as well.

[fieldbox=A talk]
At the Ironblood contest,
The Akinian lodgings building.
A collab done between Libra and Les.

Summary :
Monaka and Aiko meet and have a bit of interaction between each other.

With the matches closer to being started, Aiko was having it more easy. People knew what they were and weren't allowed to. Where they could and couldn't go. Making her job a lot easier. For that reason, the woman was found in the large hall of the building where the lodgings were for the Akinian participants. With the back of her chair against the wall, Aiko turned the page of the book she was reading. It was about some tactical terminology during the third and fourth year of the Great War. When the war was truly beyond the phase of small skirmishes and operations, but blown out in full out fights and what some called 'danger zones'.

Monaka scratched the back on her head as she had reentered the building. Sheesh, she had looked over about everyone from Konoha and no 'Aiko' was present. Was she even here? If so it was a piece of work to find her... She had left Tao Tao where he wouldn't cause any damage, and it was easy for the monstrous companion to stay put. She walked into the building, just to see some red haired woman leaned against the wall and reading a book. Wouldn't be rude to go say hi, right?
"Hey there." She got closer so the woman wouldn't appear so blurry. Did she just have some weird luck, or was fate mocking her? She was pretty as well! Didn't matter, she stood over the woman, having her muscular arms crossed as she expected a response.

Glancing up from the book, Aiko didn't recognize the teen that had approached her. Lowering the book, the woman nodded as she replied back. "Hello, can I help you?" She asked friendly, closing the book as she caught sight of the scars on the girl's face. It was only for a moment as the green colored eyes of the jounin would glance the friendly gaze back at the girl.

Monaka nodded as she was given an answer. Usually bookworms didn't give her a modicum of attention from their book..
"Are you... Aiko?" She asked.

"I am. You are?" Aiko responded back. "Might be a bit easier if we both know each other's name, no?"

"Monaka, ma'am." She said, "Monaka Honoo." She then proceeded to rub the back of her head, grinning awkwardly, "Sorry if I came off as rude. A student of yours mentioned you and I wanted to meet you."

"That's okay." Aiko waved the concern of Monaka away with a small gesture. "Have experienced way worse. But oh? Mind giving me that name as well?" Eyeing the girl quickly again, she wondered which of her students had. And more, why the girl had came to her. Perhaps she would continue reading for another time.

"Kazumo." She said, "I wanted to learn some more about Genjutsu and he said you're the best person for it." A grin marked her face, "... Didn't really pay attention in that part of class, but he told me some of the basics."

Ah, that was it. "Ah, I see." Thinking for a second, she spoke again. "Though I suppose it will have to wait for later. Right now, I can't indulge into any kind of training. If something happens, I need to be there as soon as possible. But I can always offer later some help with genjutsu. Any department that you want help with?"

"Yes ma'am, I understand." Monaka nodded, as for emphasis.
"Well... The whole resistance part." She said, "I understand how it's made and stuff, but i'm not so clear with resistance or breaking it."

"Pain or interrupting your chakra flow. That are the two major traditional manners of breaking out. Though it relies also on knowing what kind of genjutsu you're in and of course what is real and what isn't. Else you're going to be just open for an attack while you try to break the genjutsu." Aiko informed the girl. She could go on, but wasn't sure if a whole lecture about genjutsu and how to break out of them would work in a cramped lecture. There were quite some ways to break out or worse, reverse a genjutsu, but it wasn't something that could be covered in one hour. Let alone, one day.

"Yeah, I got that, but I don't really understand how I can do either" She said, "Kazumo explained the basics, I just don't get how i'm gonna be able to make myself feel pain or interrupt my chakra."

The woman thought about how to explain it. "Pain is simple. Biting hard on your lip can be a way. Even drastic actions such as stabbing or hurting yourself can be working. Interupting your chakra flow is less painful and risky. Simply mould your chakra and then disturb it. Make it stop, reverse the direction of moulding or anything that might seem upsetting. Your chakra system will recover from such a manouvre, but the foreign chakra won't likely." Aiko explained. She remained silent to see if the girl understood that part.

Monaka was quiet for a while as the woman explained. Sure, she was listening, but she only understood barely half of it. She stood with a slightly absentminded expression until she was done talking.
"... Okay theeenn..." She said with an awkward tone.

"Something wrong?" Aiko asked, wondering what had made Monka react like that. Quickly thinking back to her previous reply, the woman found herself at a loss.

"... Nooothinngg..." She slowly blinked her functioning eye.
"Nothing at all..."

Scratching her neck with her left hand, Aiko needed a second before she spoke again. "But those are the basics way on how to combat genjutsu. Any questions?" She friendly asked.

She crossed her arms and shook her head, "Nah, I think I got it." She said with a small grin.
"I-I got it yeah..." She mumbled as if to clear it with herself.

"Glad to hear so. If anything, I suspect that Kazumo can help with the basics. Else I wouldn't mind to suggesting other capable sources and people who are proficient with genjutsu." The woman answered. "But about Kazumo, are you and he... euhm." Aiko had to surpress a chuckle as her voice trailed off.

Monaka's eye automatically narrowed when she asked about her and Kazumo's... "relationship." She proceeded to lean down close to her face with a rather serious look on her face.
"Lady, if you're expecting a blush and an adorable giggle out of me, it ain't happening." She said with her hands on her hips, straightening her posture.
"Wouldn't be possible for me to hitch a man, or woman, or anyone, anyway."

Aiko slightly tilted her head to the right. "I must apologize. I wasn't expecting such a response. But I was just wondering out loud. Quite rude, no? But not the first time that one of my student got into a relationship." Flashing a smile, Aiko added something. "And why not?" She asked in response to the last answer of Monaka.

"Eh, i'm not so attractive, so I have some pretty low standards." She chuckled, leaning against a wall.
"I'm not so huge on love, either. Kazumo's a good kid, but I don't think he would feel that way to me." She sighed, "Men like pretty girls who can actually cook and clean and have a pleasant laugh and manners and stuff." She looked to her feet with a rather sad expression, "Not a loud, rude, muscular strange one who owns a pet who can knock down a building that's weak enough." She bit down on her lip, clearly showing some insecurity, "Especially one that can chuck him across a yard." She instantly covered it up with quiet, slightly wheezy laughter.

Thinking about the girl's words, Aiko leaned on her right fist as her elbow rested on the arm of her seat. "It would be quite a petty world if everybody would just reflect their emotions and desires on looks. Sure," she lightly shrugged, "there are enough who only give a damn about appearances and are shallow like that, but who knows? Kazumo is a genuine person from what I know, so far." Her smile returned on her lips as she nodded towards Monaka. "That and nobody is flawless. Don't see you as an ugly person for just being strong or having a scar or two. You know, in some cultures it is a beauty to be scarred and not being afraid to show it."

Her fist tightened when Aiko mentioned her scarring, and only got tighter when she pressed more about it.
"You don't fucking get it..." She said through her teeth, her face so red and hot you could cook an egg on it. Her fist pounded against the wall.
"Even though i'm not big on looks... It still bugs me to be reminded of it, so... Damn... Much..." She growled, pounding the wall again.
"Ever since I was little, I kept hearing about how fugly I was. It didn't hurt me that much, but it just puts a big ass thorn in my side..." She let out a heavy breath, though coughed twice.
"No one wanted to even be close to miss Ugly-half-blind, and any adults just gave up on me. It was just me and Tao Tao against the world til I became a Kunoichi, so all I had was respect to pound into everyone who tried to tear me down."

Looking at the girl with a calm expression, Aiko remained silent as she let the girl just vent out a bit. Cupping her chin for a second, Aiko continued to smile as she said something in response back. "Odd. You didn't need to prove to me that you're strong and yet I hope I've been quite respectful so far." She would lean back a bit. She wondered for a moment who or what Tao Tao was, but figured it wouldn't be her business to indulge into that. "Beside, if you won't mind me saying, but I'm afraid punching the wall isn't going to help anybody."

"Yeah yeah, some people are just narcissistic assholes and i've ran into a little too many." Sure, she didn't know many big words, but she knew some pretty damn good negative description words. Though, she had slightly pronounced the word with a few too many 'cs'es.
"I know, what I want to do that will actually help anyone is get stronger... Just take every damn opportunity." She slid to a sitting position.

The woman nodded slowly. "And what kind of strength are you looking or striving for? To me it sounds like you want to become more stronger, but you stated before that it is the cause of not being liked nor loved." Aiko friendly brought up. "Not that I am judging you. I have no right to do so after all. All that I am is a person who was reading a book, no?" She playfully added as she let out a soft chuckle.

Monaka groaned. Oh, this question again...
"J-just... Any! I don't care! If it's fuckin' useful I'll pull for it!" Even though she was faced away, anyone could sense her frustration.
"Who cares if i'm loved or not? If I can just protect everyone that's just FINE." She stressed the word fine, which was followed by a wheeze.

Lowering her head for a moment, Aiko wondered who the girl would want to protect. It seemed more that she was trying to protect somebody in order for them to like her or wanting to be around her. She wasn't much of a person that indulged into the minds of others and prefered to keep it like that, but it was slowly making her wonder if she couldn't do something to help her out. The only obstacle was : she had just met Monaka. "Then I doubt I will need to hope for you to become strong. With such a drive, I am certain you'll one day be strong enough to protect everyone." The woman friendly said.

"Yeah yeah..." She mumbled, as if not taking her sympathetic words in. She didn't want sympathy, or well, acted as such. Maybe some part deep in her wanted it, but she consciously wanted to deny it.

"Now, is there anything else I can to help?" Aiko asked in return. She wasn't sure what the girl thought about her, but that wasn't a reason to drop her manners.

It sounded like Monaka was grumbling about something, before she came up with an answer.
"Well, I don't know." The teen replied, "Unless you want to give me some sob-story advice, then i'd prefer some fighting." She spoke in a mocking tone mid-way through her sentence.

The woman let out a soft laugh as she shook her head. "I'm afraid that I can't indulge into a fight. I need to be ready in case I am needed. Hope that won't happen, but you never know." She replied, hoping Monaka wouldn't mind her declining the suggestion. "Perhaps somebody else wouldn't mind to do a duel or spar? I am sure that as long it is done in an arena that nobody will be complaining about it."

"Whatever." She commented in a cold voice, completely facing away from the woman, "Wouldn't matter, I can just get Tao Tao to wrestle with me far away or something..." She quietly commented, "Perhaps beat me bloody again..." She lowered her tone ever further.

Opening her book, Aiko nodded as she flashed another polite smile. "I suppose that is a possibility. It was nice meeting you, Monaka." Aiko then lowered her gaze to continue her reading. She wondered briefly about the past conversation, but decided that she shouldn't interfere more.

"Bye." She said after a moment of silence, getting up and leaving the building. Once outside, she preformed some handseals, then slapping the ground.
In a large puff of smoke appeared, Tao Tao sitting before her, wagging his massive tail.
"Hey boy..." She said, gesturing her arms for him to press his snout against her, though he released a whimper.
"Hey hey, relax, we won't be here forever. I know it's weird and different but it's not going to be for long, okay?" She said in a hushing tone. She was met with a big hot lick.
"Ouugh! Tao Tao! I've said before and said again, no licking me in public!" She scolded, tapping her entire hand on his nose. He only purred loudly, pulling her closer with a large paw, and rolled onto his side, proceeding to continuously lick her.
"Aah! Stop it! Stop it!" She cried, "You're getting me all hot with your saliva!"
[/fieldbox]

Reactions: zane620