• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The World Comes Crashing Down...

A collab between Librathescales and Gero with a little assistance from Aras

As the entire team had come back to Kumogakure, Ayame felt a little flutter in her chest. She wanted to thank Satoshi-sensei, but she couldn't quite think of how to do it. She tried thinking of something on the way back, but she had forgotten what she thought of... What was it again...
Aha!
"U-uhm, Satoshi-sensei?" She brought attention onto herself, "W-would you like to come to my house f-for dinner? I-I'd like to thank you..." She held a piece of paper in her hands, offering it to her sensei. Taking the piece of paper, Satoshi seemed to be surprised. Only for the expression to shift into a warm smile as he nodded towards her and told her that he would first head home to see how his family was before paying her a visit.
"Th-this is my address... Goodbye i'll see you later!" She then turned and ran off, though trembling, a smile was on her face. She actually did it! She invited someone over!

Some time later, she was at her front door, but something was strange.
The door was unlocked.
She stared at the knob, and was hesitant to open it; didn't she lock the door the other day?

Entering the home, her heart froze.
Someone she knew far too well was sitting on a chair with two cups of tea by him, another empty seat.
Her father.
"P... Papa..?" She was almost going to cry.
"What? Are you surprised to see your own father?" The man crossed his arms.
"W-well, it's just, you never sent a letter or-"
"Stop talking and sit down."
She instantly held her tongue, doing as told.
"I came to bloody congratulate you with your mission, and slaved over making tea." He growled.
"O-oh..." She grabbed the tea that was meant for her, taking a few sips.
They sat in silence as she was the only one drinking.
"..You did a good job with the tea..." She mumbled, setting the empty cup down. Her animals had gone off to rest during the silence.
The man didn't respond, seeming to rifle through his coat. She only sighed.
"Ayame..." He suddenly got up.
"Y-ye-" Suddenly she was slapped so hard she fell out of the chair. She hardly felt the slap for some reason. She hardly even felt her own body.
The man stood over her, a large grin on his face, having a large knife in one of his hands.
"Papa needs some money, and he'll need your insides for it? Okay?" He suddenly grabbed her hair, the girl's eyes widening.
"N-no... Please... No..." She cried, forcing her arms up to try to move the knife away.
"Daddy's gonna be nice and slow..." He only brought the knife closer to her stomach, though she tried hard to push it away.
"Please... Stop..." She found it rather hard to breathe, "What... Was... In that... Tea..?"
"Drugs, of course. Enough to slow you down... But not strong enough for you to fall asleep. I'd want you to feel every moment of this..."
Why was this happening? Her thoughts felt slow, even her voice was starting to sound slow...
And she just had her first mission too..
The knife was slow to drag across her stomach, she could feel the pain...
And then she felt her heart quicken.
Her grip on his arm tightened, and she spat in his face.
"W-what the hell?!" In the moment, She had gripped onto the blade of the knife, and ripped it out of his hand, even though bringing two deep cuts to hers.
"I hate you..." The words tumbled from her mouth as she had the knife in her bleeding hands. She didn't think any more. Grabbing the knife by the handle, she stabbed him in the stomach. She felt so hyper, so full of life all of a sudden, and this just made her better. She couldn't help but smile, smile brighter than the sun. She felt liquid hitting her face, but her thoughts were muddled by what she had consumed.
She didn't care, she did what she did in this moment of high.

He fell backwards in a few minutes, his stomach and chest covered with blood. She only continued the stabbing motion, such happiness falling over her.
But tears came from her eyes like waterfalls.
The stuff she felt coming on her, was all over her face, her clothes, and her hair. At some point, she stopped, falling backwards and hugging the knife. She felt like she did something great, like she brought world peace. She felt like she had just walked into a dream, and she was free.
But within reality, she was lying near a corpse, her face and upper body sprayed with blood, laughing and crying while twitching and holding the knife, drool coming from the side of her mouth.

Heading towards the address, Satoshi was quite in a good mood. The mission had gone well and it seemed that the genin were listening. Everything was just good. Reaching the address, the jounin halted as he noticed something odd. The door was slightly open or was he mistaken? Walking towards it, the man's pace slowed down to a halt in front of the entrance. Perhaps she had just forgotten to close it behind her? Knocking on the wood, Satoshi waited for a moment. No reply.

Frowning, the man knocked again. No reply.
He repeated it once more as his right hand then lowered to the knob.

"Ayame--"

It reeked. A familiar stench greeted Satoshi as an old friend from long ago. An annoying friend with a wide grin and open arms, making Satoshi to narrow his eyes. Using his sensory technique, he could only detect a pulse from one chakra signature. Opening the door wide, he slowly advanced further into the house as he kept a close eye on everything.

"Ayame." Satoshi repeated, slowly and still friendly. His thoughts were divided among panicked and dreadful thoughts. Slowly, he would open the door off the hallway into the living room. Slowly as he did so, the eyes of the veteran shinobi widened in shock. Even as he had seen various fields of battle. Fields littered with the dead, dying and wounded. Nothing could prepare the jounin mentally for what awaited him.

Staring at the genin, Satoshi glanced at the body. His gaze traveled back to the bloodied girl. Slowly, the jounin took a step froward as he closed the door behind him. "Ayame?" A smile moved over Satoshi's lips, though he tried to make it seem warm and friendly. It was however a rather nervous and panicked one as the man wasn't sure how he should proceed in this situation. "Hey..."

Ayame couldn't recognize the sound of her own name. She did hear something, but she couldn't quite move her head to tell where the sound was coming from. She saw something in her sight a little after she heard the noise.
"Huuuhh..?" She had stopped her laughter. Her breath was fast, her face flushed red in the places not covered in blood.
"Huuhh..?" She repeated. She couldn't make out what it was.

Keeping a healthy distance as he wasn't planning to get the knife away with force, Satoshi was pondering on using his camouflage technique to close in and yank the weapon away. It was however too risky. If she would hear him, then he would be probably dealing with a knife in his thigh or worse. Or who know what she would actually do? Not want to risk anything, Satoshi kept his hands up - to make it clear he wasn't armed or planning anything - while crouching slowly. "Satoshi." Not sure if he was even making sense, the man tried to consider to get some help. But leaving her behind...

Another noise? Her mind couldn't piece together the meaning. She felt like she was having another slow moment. She wasn't feeling the rush, the happiness, the pure peace she felt before. She didn't even feel like she was in a body any more. Her eyelids drooped; she felt like she was flying. She then slowly formed a smile on her face, slow laughs coming front her.
She then made several drawn out cooing noises, staring up at the ceiling. She made no indication that she was going to attack.

It seemed he wasn't going through her. Making a shadow clone, Satoshi would let the clone head to get some help. The police would need to be updated and warned what had transpired. Pity replaced the panick as Satoshi glanced at the corpse next to him. Lowering his arms to let them lean on his knees, Satoshi remained silent. He had such good hopes that he would be able to help Ayame to become a kunoichi, but more importantly : to be proud of who she is.

"Ayame. Hey." He tried it again, hoping to win her attention and perhaps convince her to hand over the knife.

Her attention was suddenly drawn to him, her eyes having a glassy look.
"Huh...?" She seemed to acknowledge his existence, her staring at him for a full five minutes, until she slowly rolled onto her belly, forcing herself to push up.
"Yuh... Yuhh.. Oooo..." She huffed as she got rather unsteadily to her knees. Her bloody, cut hands still held the knife.
"Diiiiddn'tI... I... I..." She trembled, her head hanging to the side, as if she was trying to process who was in front of her.
"Whauh?"

A huge wave of relief flooded over the mental state of the man, who managed to flash a smile. A tired and still nervous one. "It's all okay. May I?" Carefully and slowly to not startle her, the man stretched out his hand to her as he nodded towards the knife. "Or perhaps drop it? Please. I'll not let you be hurt, okay? Ayame?"

Her eyes suddenly widened when his hand reached out for her. She screamed, having the bloody knife swing down, missing his hand, but being deadly close, but nailed into the floor.
"Don't touch me!" She shouted, "Whyyyy did... Want... Orgains?" She panted, her expression suddenly drooping. She coughed, her head leaning down, retching and puking.
"You... Youcannathasdem..." She said through a heave, more of the puke coming from her mouth and splatting on the floor in front of her. She felt even more dizzy than she did before, which wasn't so helpful.

Satoshi froze. He was sure that he would be saying goodbye to his fingers. But she had missed by an inch. Glancing at the knife at the ground, Satoshi pulled his hand back. "Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you." He friendly stated, his voice getting a bit hoarse. Deciding to give her some space, Satoshi slowly raised himself up and took two large steps back. What should he do? He was glad that she had dropped the knife, but organs? Had she been hurt badly? Then he would need to get her to get some medical attention. Trying again after clearing his throat, Satoshi licked his lips. "Ayame. Are you hurt? Wounded?"

She couldn't properly make out what he was saying. It sounded slow and odd, so she only stared at him with the same expression.
"I don't wanna diieeee...." She huffed, trying to pull the knife from the ground. She released another scream, as if she were in pain as she pulled.
"I won't lehyouu take my organs out papa..." She pulled the knife again, releasing another pained scream, "I'll hurt you and hurt you until you can't hurt me any more..." There were tears in her eyes with the third pull as she screamed.
"Yh... Yh... You hate me... So why can't you just leave me alone?!" She screamed, pulling the knife from the ground and swinging it towards Satoshi.

The man remained on the outside calm, his eyes keeping watch of her movements. Clenching his right hand into a fist, his stomach already slight turned as he felt guilty by what he would do. If she would move towards him, he would disarm her and likely shove her back. It was just all that he could think off, yet he took a step back and felt pained as he wasn't sure what he could do to help the girl.

The knife missed, the girl screaming in anger.
"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE?!" She cried, suddenly pointing the knife down onto herself.
"If having my organs can make you leave, then i'll cut all of them out and give them to you!" She cried, suddenly having a smile on her face, though she looked completely delusional, "I'll even do it slowly! Just like you wanted! Just to make you happy!" She laughed, moving the knife towards her own stomach, "Right? RIGHT? Don't you like hearing me scream?"

The eyes of Satoshi narrowed. He licked his lips again as he could feel the cold sweat forming and rolling down his back. He just didn't want to hurt her, but if he wasn't doing anything, was she going through it? If he would leave, was that really a better option? For a moment, Ayame wasn't standing in front of him. It was a brief moment that he could see his own daughter standing there, causing Satoshi to grow more pale than before. In a second, he just did it. The move that was always used with his sword, a rapid dash towards an opponent was now performed against his own student. Performing Iadõ, Satoshi's left hand was aimed to grab the girl by the shoulder as he wanted to grab the handle of the knife with his right hand.

Unable to process the quick movement, she couldn't raise the knife towards him in time, the blade ripped from her bloodied hands. Her shoulder felt hot, as if she were suffering a fever.
She breathed hard, beginning to cry once again, coughing and dry heaving. She spoke no words; she only sobbed loudly as she tried to pull his arm off her shoulder, though some of her blood got onto his arm from her bleeding hand's grip.

Lifting the knife, Satoshi would keep the knife out of her reach. Biting on his lower lip, he would try to distance himself from her, Satoshi would take three steps backwards. Glancing at the knife, he knew that it was probably a very bad idea. There was blood on him, but what if he hadn't taken the knife from her? He wasn't sure what was right or wrong to do as this had never been included in any kind of training he had been through. Glancing at the door, he hoped that the police would come soon. The longer this dragged on, the more he started to break down himself.

The girl reached after him for the knife, continuing her crying, until she straight up fell forward onto her face. She felt so tired, but her eyes wouldn't shut. She wanted to sleep, her mind begged her body for sleep, but nothing happened. Her body ignored her mind.

Watching the girl fall on her face, Satoshi's heart grew heavy. He was feeling conflicted. Where he wanted to pick her up, trying to comfort and bring her into a secure and healthy surrounding, the shouts had made it clear that physical touch could also bring forth aggression and anger up at the girl. Biting back the tears, he wasn't sure how long he would be able to keep this up. Glancing at the knife, Satoshi would carefully throw the knife a bit away, while he would crouch. "Shhhh. Ayame. Shhhhh." He didn't touch her though, not wanting to cause any other violent outbursts.

The girl did not respond to her name, nor did she sound like she was listening. She slowly quieted down, the only thing heard in the home was her heavy breathing. It felt like death to her; she felt like her heart was slowing down, everything in her just stopping. She felt scared, she wanted to cry but she couldn't make any more tears.

Staying as well, Satoshi lowered his head as he let out a heavy sigh. He wanted to rub his eyes, not sure what to think or do about the situation. Hopefully help would arrive soon, cause he felt he was pretty much at his end at the moment. Hearing some sounds of boots running and some people calling out, Satoshi dropped on his butt. He felt wrecked to the point he could end up in crying as well. Luckily, help had arrived...

Ayame was completely silent on the ground, but conscious. She couldn't move, she couldn't speak, only lie and listen.

Three people dressed in uniforms entered through the front door, with another, older and rounder man with a cigar between his teeth walked in, taking a glance around. His eyes locked on the body after a moment. "Quite a mess," he mumbled before looking over to the man. "I'll have to ask you both to come to the presinct for questioning."

Satoshi glanced up to the three as he blinked twice. "Yes, though," he raised his hands to make it clear that he was unarmed. Likely unneeded, but he didn't want to make the situation worse. Hopefully they had understood his shadow clone and got some professional help. "My student is... in a troubled state. She reacts violent on touch and I can't get through her." There was a certain panicked tone present in the man's voice.

Ayame heard more noise and footsteps, though in her weakened state she couldn't react very quickly. She slowly rose onto her knees, having issues with keeping herself balanced as she had nearly toppled over a couple times. She felt like she was dying, but she was still alive. Her head hung, having difficulty with raising it, she stared at the ground.
"Don't... Take my... Organs out... Please Papa..." She spoke in a weak tone, collapsing.

The man looked at the girl and back at him. "She seems... worn out," he said, puffing a bit of smoke. "It's best to have her kept under supervision than in a crime scene. We'd like you to help us understand what's going on as well."

"Understood." He said. Slightly irritated by the fact he was basically not able to do anything yet being her mentor, Satoshi kept his friendly tone up. "I must admit that she has said similar lines before. Being quite violent. Shall I carry her or..?" Not sure how to proceed, he would wait for the directions of the officers before doing anything.

"We'll take care of that," he said, giving a nod to the other policemen. "I'd like to hear about what happened while we're walking, however."

Visibly wavering if he should leave Ayame under the care of others, Satoshi would nod as he would follow the policeman who had clearly taken charge of the situation. "Okay." He tried to remain calm, but it still took him quite some self control to do so.

Starting to walk with a calm pace, the detective gave the man a long look as he kept moving. "So, once again, if you would... from the beginning."

"Yes, of course sir." He began to detail on the return of the squad at Kumogakure, not leaving out one detail. Telling the officer about the invitation of Ayame and how he had discovered the troublesome situation, the man's voice was a bit soft as he also was visibly exhausted. "And then I decided to send a shadow clone in order to get help. I managed to get the knife from her in order to prevent any... further harm."

Having somewhat come out of her vegetable state, the girl had taken another blink. She was awake the entire time, but she wasn't functioning. She felt like something took a knock to her head, due to the pounding sensation.
"...Huh..?" She let out a gentle breath, slowly sitting up. She was rather sluggish as she got up, feeling like her entire body had turned to jelly while she was "sleeping".
She looked around through droopy eyes, seeming rather confused.
"Wh... Where am I?"

"Safe."

Satoshi had his arms crossed out front of his chest as he glanced sideways at Ayame. A ghost of smile moved over his lips as he however remained seated from some distance of Ayame. "Glad to see you awake. How are you feeling?" He asked her, sounding however somewhat cautious and worried.

"Like pudding..." She mildly complained, slowly lying back, "My head hurts, too..." She whined, but got a proper look at her hands.
"...Why are my hands bandaged?"

Remaining silent, Satoshi briefly looked away as he leaned with the back of his head against the wall behind him. "An accident happened. Don't worry." He replied. Glancing back at her, Satoshi asked her a question. "Perhaps you should lay down again. Take a rest if you don't feel well."

An accident? She would normally dismiss it, but she noticed a feeling inside of her; a cold and unnerving one that she couldn't ignore. She felt like something... Bad had happened, really bad... But she couldn't place what.
"I don't feel tired..." She said, though ironically she had shadows under her eyes, but she felt no exhaustion.
"What happened to me, Satoshi-sensei?"

Locking his eyes with hers, the man remained silent. An uneasy silence dawned in the room and Satoshi wanted to break it with speaking about something else. He rather didn't want to talk, again, about the situation he had been confronted with. "You cut your hands. That is what happened." The voice of the man was still calm, but it sounded more agigated. "Now, don't worry about it. It was an accident."

"...I don't remember cutting my hands." She cocked her head to the side. She noticed the slightly upset edge to his voice. Was something wrong?

"That's fine. It won't likely happen again." After a moment, the man would break his lock with his eyes as he stared out of the window. "You better rest. Certainly if you feel jelly." The man advised, again.

She frowned. He seemed to be avoiding something... Should she really be pressing about it? All she wanted to do was know what made her blank out.
"I don't feel tired." She repeated, "Are you sure it's just that I hurt my hands? I don't think you can lose consciousness from that..." She laughed, but she really was faking. She felt the coldness intensify, like something wanted to be said, but it was muted.

His eyes moved, making his look at her sideways again. "No." He stated. "An accident happened." Satoshi paused again as he was weighing his words and how to bring it. "There is an investigation going on. Earlier somebody had been stabbed to death." Locking his eyes again with Ayame, Satoshi started to trail off. "I'm sorry to say, but your father..."

Ayame stared at Satoshi with blank eyes as he spoke. She then blinked and rose an eyebrow when he finished, knowing what he meant.
"What are you talking about Satoshi-sensei?" She asked, "My father doesn't live anywhere near..." She trailed off when something poked at her thoughts. A dim memory.
"...My father visited me?" She carefully rubbed her head with the recollection of the memory. She was a little disoriented so it didn't seem she connected it to any events.
"But... You're saying he got killed today?"

"You ask me." The man replied after some time. "But rest out. It is a bit too soon to get worried or excite yourself yet." Satoshi advised her, flashing a smile towards her as he spoke further. "As you can see, I'll make sure that you'll not be bothered."

The girl stared at him with a rather puzzled look. He seemed to be in a hurry for her to go to sleep.
"...Is something the matter, Satoshi-sensei?" She asked, having a little frown on her face, "A-am I upsetting you?"

The question made Satoshi feel bad. His left hand went to his cheek, scratching the stubbled beard. "No, you're not." He friendly replied. "I'm just a bit tired. Y'know, just coming back from the mission. It always get me a bit irritated. All day being doing something and now sitting still. Doesn't work that well for me, heh." The man tried to chuckle in a confident manner, but end up in a cough.

Ayame absentmindely rubbed her bandaged hands. Well that makes sense, they did head back here for a whole day... That'd be enough to tire anyone out. She just felt a little strange with how he was behaving, but decided to leave it be. Moving down a little in the covers, she rested her head on the white pillow.
"...Well, i'm okay Satoshi-sensei..." She sighed, turning away from him, "Thank you for visiting me..." She said before trying to fall asleep.

"That's... okay. Get some rest, Ayame." Satoshi replied back. He decided to keep watch over the small girl, hoping that all would turn out for the better soon or later. But hopefully soon. Letting out a soft sigh, the man lowered his head a bit as he would continue his 'watch'.

She couldn't sleep, she knew that. She just faked it so that Satoshi wouldn't have to worry over her. She'll be okay enough to sleep properly again, right? Yeah.. Right now she just lied on her side and kept her eyes shut, no sense of unconsciousness coming for her.

Rubbing his neck, the man would throw a glance once in a while at the girl. Then back at the door, before then to stare out of the window. Nobody seemed to be eager to enter the room or somebody that had came yet for Ayame. Considering something, Satoshi rubbed his eyes as he would push the thought into the back of his mind and continue his silent watch.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ayame Yukiteru
Team 3 Genin | Kumogakure

Ayame had a sort of smooth landing. When she touched the ground, she ended up on her bum rather than her feet, and the parachute landed on her. She sighed, pulling herself from under the huge piece of dark cloth, rolling it up and with a few folds, managing to fit it back into her bag. Chibi was huddled against her chest, whimpering and shivering. She sighed, petting the little white ball of fur as a way to hush, looking to her comrades and Sensei. No words left her mouth.

[fieldbox=A Hot Match]
The match between Team Sho versus Team Korina.
Part I

Summary :
It is getting hot in the desert arena where the two teams are fighting their fight.

Together with his team of Korina and Hiraku, they would make their way to the sandy dome where their match would take place. It kind of made him happy in a way, sand had many uses such as dirty trick and if used right cover. Yet he needed to stick to their plan they decided on, so it was a good thing the enemy was way on the other side of the field. Nodding for his team to huddle together, he would apply what Aiko taught him about those relaistic clones. If he added both Yin and Yang chakra then the clone would be more believeable when it spoke and acted. So he would go ahead and conjour up the clone who appeared behind the two huddled together.

Korina kicked at the sand a little bit then sighed deeply. She disliked the stuff, since they didn't offer much of a foot hold unless you really dug yourself into it. And the heat, Goddess the heat was stifling. Even now, she could feel a bead of sweat trail down her neck. "This is going to be a problem..." She said. "And with this area being man made...I doubt there are any of the natural respites an area like this would normally have. Be careful, and don't push too hard too fast. It is not worth a heat sickness." She told her team. Regardless, she clenched her hands in excitement and checked her kote one last time.

Hiraku frowned and felt the sweat begin to run. The heat hadn't been affecting them very long, but the change seemed sudden, he debated removing his shirt to avoid the heat affecting him too much, but knew that it wouldn't help nearly enough to warrant revealing any more about him than the enemy team should know. Hiraku grouped up with the rest of the team, breathing in a final fully relaxed breath before the fight. He nodded as Korina began talking to them, letting Kazumo do his thing. "My suggestion would be to let them put in the effort of coming to us... The more energy they use up in this weather, the better."

Sand was stupid. Sho hated sand. He was not used to it coming from probably the most wet place on the planet. The rain hardly every stopped in Amegakure which really helped with his water based jutsu. But sand was dry and sucked up all the water as soon as it touched it. Sho decided that he didn't like this disadvantage. He also didn't like the heath that was creating sweat on his brow. It was basically a shitty location all around. He shot a look back to his teammates. Not much better there really. In the short time that Rini had been in his team he only knew that she was very prone to stumble a lot and that didn't help. Setsuko was even less known. He didn't even know if she could fight at all. No really, this was going to be great. At least they had made him leader of this ragtag group. That was something then.

Mister Grumpy Shrimp and Misses Somebody else. Scratching her neck, Rini briefly pondered if this was going to be a good idea. Trying to focus on the upcoming match, she chewed on her lower lip. The surrounding wasn't much to her liking. Where she didn't like the constant pouring back at home, this wasn't ideal either! Getting all sweaty and the idea of getting sand everywhere, just everywhere, wasn't something the girl was really content with. But it would offer some advantage, if used right, she figured. Glancing at the back of the other two as she had positioned herself at the back of the 'formation', Rini was hoping for that she would be able to pull of the idea that was slowly coming in her mind. Improvisation, such a great thing.

Setsuko stood among her team and looked straight ahead. A barely noticable frown formed on her lips, she had no taste for sand and this was nearly all sand. It could however heat up the ground substantially. Glancing at her team mates, she looked behind her to see a girl who she didn't know in the slightest but she must be good at something or else Sho wouldn't have let her join them. Looking to Sho, she didn't know much about him but he was more familiar to her than the girl. Taking a deep breath, she would then close her eyes and steady her heart beat.

The teams had arrived as the referee glanced in both directions. Stationed at the center of the soon to be battleground, the man lifted his right hand up. Glancing for a final time to see if both teams were ready for it, the man would leap backwards as he would announce the start of the fight. Making sure to keep some distance, in order to not get between the fighting lot, the man would keep a close watch on how the fight would go.

When the signal was given to start by the Ref, Kazumo nodded at his team and would perform the handseals, yet would then 'trip'. Landing behind his two teammates while the clone would stumble back out from behind them and Kazumo would sink right into the ground leaving no entrance for anyone to see where he went in from. Thats when he would move from below through the sand. The clone would look at Korina and Hiraku and would motion for them to go forward first. "You guys move first, you are most suitable for direct fights while Im more suited for long range."

The young teen lowered herself by a bit as she stared at the other team. Trying to keep focus, Rini felt tempted to see if Itsuo was seriously going to watch her match. But right now what mattered was that she kept focusing on the enemy team. Pulling out two kunai, the young teen tried to not lose sight of the opposition. One mistake and...

At the signal, Korina's gaze shifted to Hiraku while she waited Kazumo to do his thing. "Hiraku. You get my blind side on the left. Be ready to kick some ass." She grinned and began to move forward. She was excited for the battle and tournament, it was her chance to show the nations what the Kusanagi could do.

Sho narrowed his eyes slightly. The other team was coming for them, slowly walking through the sand. The heat made the air shimmer. Why couldn't it be rain? "Let them waste energy coming us. Every step they take will be taxing on their bodies and maybe that stupid sand will get in their shoes." As he spoke he held up one handseal, focussing his chakra.

Hiraku glanced towards Kazumo as he fell. It was behind him, so he didn't have to feign any emotion on his face or anything like that, so he just watched. Once Kazumo's deed was done, Hiraku turned back towards the other team, activating his Byakugan and staring at them. I can't do anything with my byakugan just yet... When we get in close though... He nodded as Korina offered her plan, "I'll do what I can with Byakugan to get the other side, too." He proceeded to follow her movement forward, hoping the battle would at least be a good one.

Set kept her eyes on the other side of the field, wondering if she should start with or without. Under normal circumstances, she would do without but she had no idea who any of her opponents were or what they could do. Taking a deep breath, she made her choice and kept a look out for the other team. Even though she couldn't see them, she knew they were coming and glancing at her teammates, she couldn't help but to wonder if Sho had a plan. Set, herself, would prefer to be able to folow some set path but improvising worked just as well in some cases.

The clone of Kazumo stuck behind his two teammates to signal that he was more so a long range fighter than up close and would pull out a few neeedles and hold them in his right hand while his left held a simple kunai. The needles to throw and the kunai was there in case they got too close to him and he had to switch to close quarters. "I'll try to support you two from afar, hopefully its enough of a distraction to get some hits off." He said as he trudged along with his team.

"No offense, pretty boy." Rini replied as she wouldn't even glance towards Sho, a certain sarcastic emphasis on his new nickname. "But what do you hope to aspire if they aren't moving as well?" Thinking of a plan, Rini considered something. She wasn't a vain-glorious type or anxious to prove herself. But somebody had to make the enemy team move and gain information. "If you two are able, how about covering me?" Rini asked, licking her lips.

Korina nodded when she heard Kazumo's words then motioned towards one of the sand dunes. She needed to get her team out of the heat, and thus figured the sand dune would provide some respite from the hot wind and sun, as well as to allow them to observe the other team without giving much away. "Hiraku, y'mind using those eyes of yours to try and gather some info? Try to see through the sand if you can. Keep to the shade, but keep alert."

Sho's eyes darkened at Rini's comment. They were playing like that? Okay, they could play like that. He was pretty sure that, if they were to wait, the other team would show up. Impatience was a common vice. But fine, if Rini wanted to play it aggresively and waste her energy,he could do that too. "Sure, princess. I can provide cover." He signalled Setsuko: "Let's go." With that he ran forwards forming the handseals for the Water Release: Gunshot technique. It was one that didn't require that much chakra but could do some damage. To provide cover he would have to draw attention to himself. So bombing the place seemed pretty fun. He shot several balls of water into the air in several directions. When they would land they would blow a hole on the sand or in whatever was in their way. If anything they would make a pretty loud sound and hopefully attract some attention.

Hiraku would nod at both his teammates and would focus his gaze at the approaching enemy. "Its vague yet I see them coming towards us, we might be able to hide and get a surprise attack off." He said before loking all around the area. He saw multiple sand dunes, some could provide cover from the heat. He saw Kazumo's chakra from below as he tunneled beneath them with his ninjutsu. Looking back up he saw multiple water balls flying through the air which made him stand back. "Kazumo move to the left." Hiraku spoke through their communicator so Kazumo would move out of the way from the incoming attack.

As the girl spoke of needing to be covered, she looked to Sho before following him towards the approaching team. Instead of keeping up with him, she hung back some and decided to see how his diversion would go before adding to it. After a second or two, she performed a series of handseals which lead to a series of smallish fire balls joing Sho's water attack to help the diversion. Glancing behind her to see what her other teammate was doing or to get some insight on her plan.

The clone of Kazumo simply listened to Hirakus words before stepping out of the way of the incoming attacks. "This is kind of reckless...Oh well." He mumbled as water balls and fireballs got flung left and right. It really was crazy. Yet if they wanted to waste chakra then so be it, all he had to do was dodge out of any shots that flew too close. Yet with the real Kazumo, he more so had to keep moving in odd formations due to the attacks. Thank god his team wasn't giving him poor directions.

Shooting a glare at Sho, Rini turned her attention back at the enemy team. Slowly walking, it was sure not pleasant to walk on sand. But she wanted to try something as she would head to a sand dune to the right of the Ame team. Holding a handsignal, Rini started to mould chakra. A plan was coming up which she could use to create an advantage over the enemy.

Korina dodged alongside the clone and Hiraku, "Keep moving backwards. Give them more ground to traverse." She told her teammates. She counted the enemy's numbers to make sure one didn't slip away, then frowned when she saw one was missing. "Kazumo, Hiraku, I've lost visual on one of our opponents. Can either of you get a track?" She asked in the team communicator.

Sho, who was still waiting for Rini to start and goddamn do something, now found his way upon one of the hills. His opponent was hiding and it was annoying the shit out of him. If they were to play hide and seek, he wanted to be the one hiding, not the one walking aimlessly through the sand. He took a breath. "Are you wimps going to stay hidden behind your pile of dust for the rest of the day?" He yelled at the sand before him regardless if the other group was there or not. "This is a freaking fight, not an assassination job. Stop cowering or are you going to wait till we keel over and die, 'cause then you can wait for a long time." With that said he shot out another volley of water gunshots.

The emeny seemed to be going crazy with sending their ninjutsu flying at them in random directions. So Korina suggested moving back which was about the best play they could do. So moving back with Korina and the clone of Kazumo, she mentioned not seeing one of their members which caused Hiraku to start looking around with his Byakugan, yet only saw the two chakras of the two firing at them. "I can't find the third one, they must be out of my range for the Byakugan. How about you Kazumo?" He asked, and smirked slightly at hearing one of the enemy taunting them, followed by more attacks from them. "Well, funny he should meantion assassinations when we are taught by one." Hiraku said chuckling while keeping an eye out for any fishy movements. Kazumo below seemed to have moved out of the area of attacks atleast.

Set shook her head at this motion of attacking and wasting chakra. "Sho, this isn't working and at this point we will run out of chakra before they even bother to attack us. We need to figure something else out," Setsuko said. With that being said, she ceased her attacks and began also putting distance between them. Backing away from the general direction of her opponents, she activated her Sharigan for a breif moment to see if it would detect any of them but it did not. WIth no further use of it at the moment, she deactivated it and put a litte more distance between them as she slowly performed a series of handseals. Directly behind her a clone looking exactly like Setsuko waited and with it's limited mobility the clone and Set switched places as she continued to put more distance between them. No more chakra usage on her part until it was absolutely required of her.

Still under ground he seemed to have moved further away from the series of attacks as the recoil died down for him. Thats when he heard Korina and Hiraku talk about one of their member being missing as well. So covering his mouth so sand didnt enter it he spoke. "Well usually I can feel the grounds vibrations when I'm in it, yet all I feel are the shockwaves that one idiot is causing with those attacks. I'll try to search for them though. Now Hiraku can you tell me where the closest sand dune is? I need to regain my air." He heard about seven feet to his left, so moving in that direction he opened a small hole behind it and let the air flow into the hole so he could catch his breath.

Moving behind the dune, Rini would wait for a second. She heard the noise, Sho's voice, but ignored it. She had one task in mind and she would make sure that it would put the other team in a disadvantage. First things first, she thought to herself. Crouching, the girl ignored the sand and focused on her sensory ninjutsu. It took a moment before she could trace two chakra signatures, which were Sho and the other girl as she had good sight on them. A second or two later, she traced other chakra signatures. Facing the direction, the second-stage of her plan would start.

Korina's lips quirked up in a smirk at the taunts; just went to show how...trained their opponents were when it came to elusive enemies. She made a handsign then focused her chakra, "Shadow Clone jutsu." She said. The two Korinas looked at each other then smirked.

"Run out of chakra?" Sho shot Setsuko a look as if she was mental. "The fuck are you going on about? These bombs are not shadow clones. They are just tiny specks of water crashing down at a rather high speed. I can literally do this the whole fucking day." He stomped some of the sand away as he saw Setsuko back off, creating such a clone. Rini was still not producing any result and the enemy was still hiding. Were they ever going to fight? At this pace he would be bored to death first. He reckoned however that the diversion was working because the other team still hadn't attacked and Rini hadn't yelled out in terrible agony. They were probably trying to locate her. Well fine, not happening. This time he send out a volley of watershot at the dunes surrounding him and them. "Quit fucking hiding."

Hiraku, this entire time, had not been able to sense chakra beyond twenty meters. Of course, he could still see the enemies normally, which is what he'd been attempting to do every time anything had been said about seeing them. He simply looked over a sand dune. "I can't see all that far with my Byakugan in particular, but when we get in close I can get some better visuals, like their chakra flow." Hiraku made sure to oblige to Kazumo's request on where the nearest sand dune was before continuing. "At this rate, I'm not able to do anything. I should have learned more long-ranged attacks... Either way, Korina, if we keep backing up, they'll either wear us down dodging them, or they'll run out of chakra, either way, this'll end without an actual fight..." He glanced to Korina, but continued to follow her suggestions. "Unless you have some sort of plan to take them down from this far away.

Set decided not to bother with explaining that it could also be the other teams plan to get them to waste all their chakra before there was even a fight. She had litte under three fourths of hers left and even though she had some room she didn't want to waste it. Turning her attention back to finding her other team mate and figuring out what she was up to. Sho was doing fine on his own and as long as their opponents were too far to fight. Her clone very slowly creeped forwards to give the illussion that she was still going forwards. Her team would know that it was a clone but hopefully the other team would be under impression it was actually her.

The clone looked at Korina with a curious expression when she made a clone of her own. What was she getting at exactly? "No idea what shes doing but one of them is at least being smart and halting their attacks. The other however...." He stopped speaking for a bit as more of their sand dune went flying to the ground. "Well not everyone on a team can be the smartest. Yet the point remains that their wasteful attacks is slowly diminishing our shield here. So whatever plan you do have better be quick. I'll try to buy us a bit of time." The Kazumo clone said reaching into the puch and pulling out six needles. He waited as one of the water shots fired off close by before taking off rom their cover and out in the open. He scanned the area now seeing three of them, one of them most likely a clone and saw the one firing the attacks off. As a hunter this kind of distance was no trouble for him to aim from and even if he missed it didn't need to be crazy exact. So holding two needles in his right hand he would throw them right at the man firing non stop.

Clapping her hands, Rini focused her chakra. Her eyes narrowed in delight as she could feel the rush. The rush transformed into a fierce gale that would whip out the sand and hurl it forwards, effectivelly starting to whip more sand as the young teen was clearly enjoying the sight in front of her. "Hope you lot like sand. Heh." She thought to herself, keeping up the easy technique as she would slightly turn a bit now and then to spread the make-shift sand storm in a broad direction. For those who would love the fact, the girl had read the tactic that some of the Sunagakure shinobi used in their conflicts.

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: Oblivion666
[fieldbox=Operation : Bird in a Cage, Royalblue]
Mika Hayashi,
Kirigakure Jounin of Team 12,
Kanashi Ocean

With the gathered team aboard the galley, they didn't have to wait long before the signal was given. The few galleys slowly paced out of the port of Kirigakure. The oar rowers working on the beat of the drummer below the deck as the might ships would head out for open sea.

The weather was relatively clean of clouds and the crew as soldiers aboard seemed to be in a relatively good mood. With the wind in their back, the rowing stopped as the captains of the ships commanded that the sails should be lowered. Mika kept herself relatively distant from the others. The other galleys had only sailors and marines on board, but Mika was already more than aware of the actual plan on why they hadn't brought more shinobi with them. Staring at the horizon, she would simply enjoy the travel.

With the experienced sailors on board, the group was relatively left alone. They were just kept from going below deck and disturbing the crew below or getting near the cargo hold. Only during night were they allowed to sleep in the hammocks and sleep department of the large galley. Within a day or two the small squadron of galleys would see land in the distance.

As the crew received orders, Mika decided to also gather the shinobi underneath her command. Her own little rabble, she thought to herself. Making sure that they weren't in the way, the woman spoke to the present genin and chuunin.
"Listen up. We'll soon be ashore and from there we will be moving in two groups. First objective is to visit the few surrounding villages and making sure that they get the intel that we're going to work on the Roc problem. This hopefully comfort them and prevents any unnecessary events or actions from the locals against the birds." She paused for a moment as she glanced at the present nin. "In case you find or hear a Roc, do not attempt to go after it or catch it. I repeat, do not attempt to go after it or catch it alone or without the order. First we will try to comfort the locals and then we will move on. Objective after objective."

She would then make the groups. Nanami Fukumitsu would lead the Blue Squadron, composed out of Shin Yuki, Aya Oda and Shiba Inumura. The Red Squadron would be led by Arima Tsukino and be composed out of Genso Otsutsuki and Nami Tachibana, but Mika would travel with the Red Squadron to fill up the last member.

It still took two hours before the ships were reaching what seemed to be a port in the distance. There were already some people gathered and would help to unpack the supplies that the other galleys had transported over. Ordering that the teams should get moving, Mika hoped that they would all listen to the given order. Hopefully nobody would get into trouble...
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lillian
[fieldbox=In the books, #33cccc]
Kiyomi Homura,
Akinian Empress.

Royal Palace in Konohagakure.

Her eyes narrowed as she read further. The young ruler was leaning a bit forward as she focused all her attention and thoughts on the book she was reading. There were several more books in front of her. Either going on about the history of some countries and their jurisdiction. With the imperial law that held order and peace, maintained by the military and police force, Kiyomi wondered about something. She was sure that she couldn't just alone find her answer in the books. They could inform her about how it was in the past or from the eyepoints of several writers and people who had taken the time to write down events as information. But they were not a good answer alone for what was now.

Well aware that she would have some meetings later on, Kiyomi wanted to be more certain of some information. Facts that could help her understand certain diverse ethnic groups better. History that allowed her to communicate without making indirect subtle mistakes. Yet, she figured something else would also help. In her mind she had already fabricated a plan to bring some heads of clans and diverse people together in order to make the unification of the Empire real. There were of course several obstacles.

She herself was still seen as a Hon and as a descendant of the Sato clan. Something she wasn't ashamed off that she had tried to hide it with taking up the surname of Homura. No, there was no shame in being a Hon nor a relative from a nomadic clan in the north east. But it would be better if there would be some distinction for those who would come after her.

The Hon clan was after all not on friendly terms with every clan. Nor was every clan fond of the clans or people outside the realm. And if that wasn't enough, every diverse group had their own traditions and history. Making it difficult to bond them together into one bigger form. Not that she considered assimilating every clan into one big one would make everything better. There were reasons behind why every clan and even people that weren't clan-less but from different regions had different manners and norms.

Making a few notes, Kiyomi would close her book. Glancing at a small notebook, she read what was on the planning today. A meeting with Hisoka. Also a meeting with Zakito and several commanders. Then there was some time that she would need to be present at the throne room and receive audiences. Puffing, Kiyomi half closed her eyes. Then in the evening she would need to further study as she wanted to ace the test she would have in two days at the War Academy.

It was going to be a long day.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Planning a clan meeting]
A meeting between the Governor of the Fire Province and the Empress of Akino,
A collab made between Governator Fieryfly and M'lady Alice.

Summary :
A meeting between Hisoka Uchiha and Kiyomi Homura transpire as the two plan for a meeting between clan leaders of the Empire.

Hisoka hadn't been in the palace for a while now. He had been busy, Kiyomi had been busy. There had been no actual reason for them to meet up again until he had received the notice this morning that he was to arrive at the palace's doors again today. It was a nice change in a way. His office only had so many corners and now with Harumi living in his home he felt like that place too was no longer as free as it used to be. Of course he hadn't told Harumi about any of his problems. He didn't see why she would care in the first place.

With his cape belowing behind him he arrived at the palace gates and was informed that the Empress had confounded herself to the gardens where she was awaiting his arrival. He wasn't sure what this meeting was going to be about, but knowing that he was dealing with Kiyomi there was probably something that she either wanted to know or wanted him to do. With that knowledge in mind he arrived in the garden where he found Kiyomi. With brisk steps he walked over to her and made a small, polite bow. "Your majesty requested my presence," he said lifting his head again.

Sitting near a small table, that was around the height of her knees, Kiyomi was reading a book. With the voice of Hisoka greeting her, the young teen quickly glanced into the direction of the Uchiha. "Hisoka-san," returning the man a small bow with her head, she gestured to the only other seat across the small table, "I'm glad you could come. I hope I wasn't disturbing any plans you had on this moment." She friendly stated, not feeling the tenacious irritation that came with talking in such a polite manner to a high ranked official or person of importance. If she knew Hisoka well enough, he wouldn't probably frown if she would fall back to her old manner of speaking and talking about certain topics.

"Not at all," he said as he took the place she gestured to. It was the truth. He hadn't been overly busy as of late. Probably still Meisa and Zakito trying to releave him from too much work and force him to spend more time relaxing. He still wouldn't hear of it, but also found it a drag to object time and time again. So he just stopped and did what tasks they had left him with utmost precision and attention before retreating to Daisuke's Library to read. "I take it that you are doing well?" he asked Kiyomi.

She wanted to complain. Closing her book and putting it on the small table in front of them, she wanted to inform the man on how she would want to have more free time. Time to just read something she found interesting. Not that reading about the history and such of other countries wasn't much fun, but it was more needed than she was actually interested in them. But also time to meet and hang out with friends. "I'm doing well, thank you for asking." She paused, trying to formulate the subtle skip to the reason why he was here. Hisoka after all spoke with Zakito and Meisa. A sly thought came up in Kiyomi's mind that if she could perhaps impress the man with showing what great manners she had, that the others wouldn't focus much on it. "Would you perhaps like something to drink and eat while we discuss matters?" She suggested, flashing a smile.

Hisoka returned a light smile as he nodded. "That would be nice. It is almost lunch time after all. I am sure we could both do with some refreshments." He looked her over. She looked like she was doing well though Hisoka was sure that the pressure of being an Empress weighted on her. There would be not much free time left for other things now that people stood at her door every hour of the day. He eyed the book on the table, but couldn't gauge if it was a study book or one that one read for pleasure. Or maybe in Kiyomi's case those two could coincide.

Glancing at her left, the young Empress clapped her hands as a moment later a servant would arrive. Requesting politely for some refreshments, Kiyomi waited until the servant had made a bow and took her leave. "Now, what I would like to discuss with you is to host a certain meeting." Realizing only a second later that she could've phrased that in a more polite and subtle way, Kiyomi crossed her legs and placed her hands on her lap. "As we are both aware, there are a lot of diverse cultures present in the realm. Alone in the Fire province, we are dealing with a lot of clans that see a region as their home, but have either different traditions and believes. Some even conflicting in theory with one and another, leading to enmity and distrust." Realizing that she shouldn't cross her legs as she remembered that it would make her seem emotionally closed off to the situation, Kiyomi 'corrected herself. Flashing another smile, she hoped that it wouldn't send a message to Hisoka that she was nervous. Cause she wasn't. Not anymore or as long she wouldn't see those crimson colored eyes.

"My idea was that we could perhaps arrange a meeting. Various clan leaders are people who can help with understanding of a region and its people, leading to a more united realm than not. My only concern is that with my own origin that I could use some more help." Wanting to gesture to him with a hand, Kiyomi decided against it. Instead she would subtly lower her head a bit. "Seeing your experience and own origin, I was hoping you would want to aid me in organising and hosting this meeting."

A Clan meeting. Hisoka slowly nodded along with Kiyomi's words as he let that go through his mind. It was an interesting concept seeing as even though, as she said, many different clans lived in the Fire province alone, a meeting had never been organized. The clans in Konoha itself did meet during missions and events such as the wedding (it came difficult to think of it as his wedding), but they shared a city, an understanding. To extend that to the province. "That is quite an endeavor," he said after she finished speaking. "One that could prove fruitful or one that could bring up old wounds." He shifted slightly in his seat to make himself more comfortable. "An event like that would bring a lot of people because, as you said, we have many clans. And with that comes a lot of extra luggage. Though I cannot speak for other clans besides the one I am part of, I do know that people care about their history. The past is hardly ever truly forgiven and forgotten. Still," he paused for a second as he thought. "it would prove interesting to see how many clans are actually living within our empire and a meeting like this could also forge new bonds. I am sure my father would be thrilled to join." He shot her an half smile as he shook his head at the thought of the man. "So all in all I would say yes. I would take up that task to help you."

Straightening her back, she felt a bit relieved. It was always nice to have some support. Though she smiled genuinely, Kiyomi didn't like it when Hisoka stated that Shozo would be thrilled to join. Remembering her earlier thoughts about the man, she would try to see it in a more positive light. "I am aware that this might be a problematic event if not properly organised. I'm even considering that it would be best if I wouldn't be the one leading the meeting, but you." Kiyomi paused as she would then explain her reasons why. "You're a respected man and the Uchiha are viewed largely with trust and respect. From what I've read, they haven't had major clashes with other clans. Such as the Hon and several others had. It might create some trust and hopefully smoothen such an organised event if they would know you lead it and not me."

Hisoka, who had been nodding along at first, now, hearing this suggestion, stilled. He looked at Kiyomi in silence for a moment, his head tilted every so slightly to the side. The silence lasted for a couple of seconds and then a grin appeared in Hisoka's face. "Thank you," he said. "Thank you for seeing past my father's antics who sometimes seem strange. And when I say sometimes..." He shot Kiyomi a look. "I will take that position gladly though I wonder at its irony." He leaned forward a bit, his arms resting on his knees. "When I decided to take up the position as the face of the Hokage I did that because my clan already had the respect of the city. A respect that Meisa would never gain in her entire lifetime. It seems that once again my position as respectable citizen and member of the respectable Uchiha clan will prove valuable to keep the peace."

His thanks made Kiyomi at first seem a bit surprised, cause she had figured that Hisoka was relatively close with his father. Remembering the visions and memories he had given her with his sharingan 'that' time, she realized something. "I suppose he isn't that much of a bad man." She said with a hushed tone, not wanting to start on why she didn't like Shozo's antics. Just as she wanted to continue, a servant brought a plate with the asked refreshments. A small plate with some cake and two empty porcelian cups that could be used to pour the warm tea from the teapot. As the servant placed it on the table, Kiyomi subtly gestured that she could take her leave. It was a great chance to show that she knew her duty as a hostess as she would get up and pour carefully a cup with tea for Hisoka. Picking up the small porcelain plate with the cup, she held it towards Hisoka.

"Oh wait," she almost dropped the cup as she knew that there was more to it than just pouring in some tea. Was it first tea and then cake? Or first cake and then tea? Holding the cup and plate stable, she offered an apologetic smile to the man.

"He cares a lot for the things he cares about," were all the words Hisoka wasted on his father. They did not see eye to eye on many things, but they were still family. Shozo was still his father despite all his antics and wrong doings and Hisoka couldn't bring himself to actively hate the man fully. The servant arrived with their food and drinks and Hisoka couldn't help but smile at Kiyomi's 'politeness' by pouring him tea. In here when it was just the two of them it honestly did not really matter to him, but then again. Kiyomi was going through a lot of effort. "Tea first yes." he said. He made a small bow and then accepted the cup with two hands. Turning the cup to the side he took a small sip from the hot water. "Though technically, in a true style tea ceremony you would have cleaned the cups beforehand," he said smiling slightly. "After that you can offer me the cake. Which looks delicious by the way."

Glad that she hadn't messed it up, she would then place a slice of cake on a separate plate. "Truth be told, I was very confused when I got the course into tea ceremony." She told him after sitting down, not wanting to be 'rude' by talking while attending to her tasks. "I like it to do things myself, so it kind of feels weird to help somebody in simple matters as pouring the tea in their cup and constantly do all kind of small things. I mean," Kiyomi made a gesture with her hand as she sighed softly, "I can understand that it is to show respect and such, but it just feels off in my experience."

"Tea ceremonies are a matter of honor. It is an honor to serve your guests your tea and your specially made food. In a tea ceremony everything is thought of. How you enter, how you sit, what the flower arragement looks like, the scrolls on the wall. A ceremony is not for simple tea drinking. It is an experience." He slowly lowered his cup. "As someone so young it would be impossible to perfect. It is an art form that needs practicing. People practice it for years. It is not something you should be actively worrying about. No one will expect you to ever give a tea ceremony. If anything people will forever pour you tea. Better get used to that," he said taking the cup back up again.

Raising her own cup, Kiyomi's face moved into a scowl. She knew it, but it was worse when somebody confirmed that fact. "I suppose that I should then at least ask for some good tea. Though if everybody will stuff me full with cake, then I wouldn't mind it that much." She joked. Taking a pause to briefly blow gently on the surface of tea, she would then speak further. "But I am glad with your support. I was considering to host the meeting in the Royal Palace itself. The only problem is that some clan leaders will travel longer than others and I don't want to give the impression that I want to intimidate or impress them. Though what about the old daimyo palace in Keishi? Does that sound more... neutral?"

"That question would be highly disrespectful," Hisoka replied. "For an Empress no one will pour anything less than the best tea in the country. Questioning that itself would imply that you don't think it is good enough." He took two large gulps, allowing the scalding water to run down his throat. It burned but he savored the flavor non the less. "The Daimyo Palace seems fairly well suited for this purpose. I think the fact that it is not in Konoha might already set a more positive tone."

"Not to mention that before me most clan leaders swore fealty to the daimyo." She remembered, though it wasn't a fact she could probably impress Hisoka with. It was pretty much what she was now anyways, just a different name and 'status'. "And now that we have the place, any idea on who we should avoid placing next to each other? I figure that the Hyuuga wouldn't be thrilled to sit next to my uncle. Or that the Sarutobi wouldn't feel comfotable with being placed between the leader of the Kusanagi and a clan from out of the Fire province."

"I also wouldn't place the Nimatsu next to your uncle unless Kensuke is present at the meeting." Hisoka mused. "But to figure that out we first need to make a list of all the clans that are invited, send invitations, and then await there responses. After that the table seating can be made. It is just like a wedding reception..." Hisoka grimaced at the thought. "I would not mind taking up the task to work on this. I would like to think that I am pretty up to date with clan affairs.'

The face of Hisoka made Kiyomi wonder. "May I ask a bold question, Hisoka-san?" She asked, trying to hide the caution as she could remember the last time she had asked him something rather personal. Taking a sip of her tea, she would wait rather for his answer before taking the liberty to ask it right away.

Hisoka finished his tea and placed the cup down on the table. "You may though I may not answer." he replied on a rather light hearted tone. The last time she asked a personal question things hadn't gone so well, but this time he was in control and would say no if the question was too intrusive.

"Reasonable." Kiyomi stated as she quickly gathered her thoughts to formulate her question properly. "Why did you marry Harumi Uchiha?" She asked, emptying her own cup of tea after her question.

Hisoka raised his head ever so slightly. Why did he marry Harumi? He could lie and say because he loved her. It was hardly believable at this point, but if he made that his final answer she wouldn't push on. Or he could not lie. But telling the entire truth was also impossible. "Because it was meant to happen," he finally answered. "Harumi and I were engaged before the war. Circumstance broke that off, but now that peace has been restored it was only logical."

The young ruler wanted to push her question more. If they were engaged before, did that mean they were lovers before? But then why had Hisoka's face grimaced? The young teen decided however she shouldn't press on. It wasn't her affairs, but somewhere she wanted to talk with Hisoka. What if it was bothering him? Weren't they not supposed to be working together as a team? "I am glad that peace enabled such events. I must say that I enjoyed my time at the wedding. The cake was just amazing. An Uchiha recipe?" Kiyomi cheerfully asked.

"i am glad to hear that and yes," Hisoka said, shaking his head slightly at Kiyomi's enthusiasm. "It was an Uchiha recipe. It is traditional to serve it at a wedding. I am afraid that I don't know the recipe, but even if I knew I would not be allowed to tell. Family secret and all." He send her a smile.

"That's a shame. I would like to taste that delicacy again." Kiyomi stated, glancing at her own slice of cake. "Fun fact is that I made a cake for Lord Akimichi. I haven't yet got the chance to ask how much he liked it and it is probably too long ago to ask about it." How long had it been? It was during the first ball at the Royal Palace, but asking a couple of months later was just too late for it.

Hisoka raised an eyebrow. "You made a cake for Lord Akimichi?" he repeated, slightly surprised. "Well if I know the man even a bit I'd say he probably enjoyed. I don't think anyone has baked a proper cake that the Lord Akimichi did not like. Could be an interesting challenge," he said.

A smirk crossed Kiyomi's features. "Oh dear, that sounds very tempting. Perhaps some veggie cake would do the trick?" She joked as she then thought about it. "Who would you say is the most polite of the clan leaders though? Most of them," she raised her left eyebrow as she was sure she wouldn't need to imply who didn't, "are quite respectful and polite to me. But I find it hard to determine if it is genuine or not."

"Well I guess that is part of the trade. As shinobi hiding your true goals and such are key. Which does not mean that they aren't loyal to you. I think putting up a smile before the ruler is just something we have always done. As for the most polite... Gakuro Senju comes to mind. The Nara clan head too. He is certainly very reserved." Hisoka fell silent as he considered more options. "My knowledge is severly lacking concerning clans outside Konoha, but for in the city I would certainly pick these two."

Gakuro Senju was most certainly a polite man. Somehow she also thought about that he was more of her age, what made Kiyomi shrug the thought mentally off. "I could agree with that. Gakuro once showed me around the Senju compound. It was most interesting." She concluded, taking a small bite of her slice of cake. Clearing her mouth before her next question, Kiyomi decided to ask something else. "What about the most fashionable? I myself am not that much in kimino's and dresses, but I've seen some of the female clan leaders wearing them with... I don't know how to describe it. Just good?"

Without hesitation Hisoka replied: "My mom. Though of course technically she is not a clanhead, but she is very much concerned with fashion and appearances. Though I would also suggest the Yamanaka clan leader. Their flowerprints are fabled." Hisoka shot Kiyomi a look. "Are you going to keep questioning me about clan leaders to see if I actually know them?" he said jokingly.

Her lips parted as a gasp escaped her. The left hand of Kiyomi was placed against her chest as she feigned shock at Hisoka's question. "Me? Questioning you? Oh dear, no Hisoka-san. I wouldn't dare." Snickering, the teen would hush her voice as she would lean a bit forward. "See it more as some gossiping. Now, come on. I am sure we both could exchange some good facts about the clan leaders. We're after all a team, aren't we?~"

"I believe gossiping is something that females do when they are together. We are hardly two females but besides that talking badly about my fellow clan leaders would not be very respectable towards them," Hisoka replied in an amused tone. "I certainly cannot tell you that they say that the Inuzuka talk to their dogs as if they were their own children. Something like that would I simply not do. Besides I am not sure if I am one for small little secrets."

First Kiyomi was slight disappointed as she had hoped he would be interested in exchanging 'facts'. She had almost mumbled that perhaps she could see if Meisa would be interested in doing so, until Hisoka continued about the Inuzuka. Which made the teen snicker and shake her head lightly. If that was how they were going at it. "I suppose that is true. It would be after all a bother if I would start on how some might find it interesting that the Cho clan knock on wood to prevent a bad omen. I for one wouldn't dare to ask anything about any motivitation behind such a tradition."

"That is very interesting," he said but his smile slowly faded. "However, besides those antics I do think I am not the most suited person for these gossips. I do have high respect for these people and I do not like talking behind their back when they have done nothing wrong. Perhaps Miss Hon-Cho would be more suited. Little birds tell me that her children sometimes try to scare Zakito with a watermelon. It sounds like a pretty hilarious story, but one that she can perhaps explain better."

"Indulging, I must state." Kiyomi formally replied. "But my respect for the lord jounin commander and Miss Hon-Cho are also quite high. Now I wish I could've met him myself and not sure if you had caught wind of it, but somebody did last state he wanted Daisuke, during your wedding." Raising her eyebrows as her eyes gained a glint, Kiyomi continued. "Do water melons perhaps have a name or is there some link with the venerable Second Hokage and them?"

"That was certainly rather strange. I also do not recall any links between the fruit and my uncle. I don't think the two of you can clear up why the boy called for Daisuke and who or what he was referring to." Hisoka stood up. "However if I cannot answer more questions I think I will take that as my que to leave. I think you have given me quite a task and I'd rather start sooner than later. With your permission of course."

If Hisoka didn't know why that was the case, then perhaps she should try to invest some time herself on trying to figure it out herself? It was now certainly something that had piqued Kiyomi's interest. Nodding as he stood up, Kiyomi also rose up from her seat. "I understand." She wanted to thank him for the visit, but remembered that it should be the other way. Yet she had invited him, which was weird in her opinion. "If I can offer any help, then please let me know, Hisoka-san."

Hisoka made a small bow. "Of course. Thank you for the invitation." With that Hisoka turned around and left the garden. His mind was already at the task at hand. This was something Kiyomi told him to do so he was going to. At least this was a task Meisa and Zakito could not deny him.

[/fieldbox]

HYPETRAIIIIN!

A collab made between Sketcher and Lesli

What do you mean, sinister? There's nothing being plotted here! YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING!

[spoili]
Taking a seat, Aiko had came a bit earlier to be sure of a proper seat. It was perhaps a bit unfair as she was supposed to be the person who was there for all the Akinian teams. Then again, it was her own team who was now going to participate in a match. Letting out a soft sigh, she was happy that the desert-like surrounding wasn't extended to the tribunes. Aiko didn't have that many good memories when it came to deserts.

Shrugging them off, she didn't see any of the teams yet. People who had an interest in the match, most for the fun of it and others to perhaps gather intel on the winning and or losing team, were already taking a seat as well. Crossing her legs, the woman scratcher her neck briefly. She was hoping of course that her team would be the victorious one. But more that they wouldn't get hurt. A wish of which she knew that it was likely not going to be fullfilled.

"'Scuse me! Pardon me! Coming through!" Katsu's voice got closer as he rushed sideways past some of the viewers and plopped down on a seat next to her with his hand already digging into his bag to find some tasty treat. "I'm not late, am I?" he asked right before throwing a small candy in his mouth.

Glancing to the side as she heard Katsu, Aiko smiled and shook her head. "No, no. You're on time." She replied back as her gaze moved back to the field. It could just start at any moment now. "And? Have seen any interesting match before this one?" Aiko decided to ask, tapping with her fingers of her left hand on her knee.

"Hm... I went to one but it was a bit disappointing," he said, thinking. "After that, I thought I'd just stay indoors, drawing. But I bet this'll be much more fun to watch!" He held up the bag to her. "Candy?"

"Really? Which match?" She asked, curious as she hadn't taken any time to watch any other match yet. With the offer of some candy, Aiko would nod and take a small hand. "I really just hope that they won't get hurt. Truth be told, I haven't yet had the chance to train that much. I'm kind of nervous, heh. Which is weird, cause I'm, you know, not participating." Putting a piece of candy in her mouth, Aiko tried to snicker her nervousness away.

Katsu turned towards the center of the arena and leaned forward as if to get a better look. "They look pretty tough," he said optimistically. "At least this'll be a good chance to evaluate them in action, won't it?"

There they were. Feeling both nervous as a bit proud, Aiko nodded again. "Yes, that is true. This does remind me of your chuunin exam." Nudging the boy, Aiko couldn't help but to softly laugh for a second. "Who knows? Maybe in a few years from now, you'll be sitting on a tribune and watching your own team fight." She did however keep good focus on her team. From what she could conclude was that they seemed at least to be eager.

"It feels like it has been so much more than just a few months," the boy said, reminiscing. "Heh... I doubt that could happen, but it's a pleasant thought."

"Isn't it? And how did you think I feel when I was just a genin? Never considered myself being a sensei when I was your age." Glancing at the other team, Aiko wasn't sure who was and who wasn't a chuunin. None of them were wearing their flak jacket. Which was understandable in the given surrounding that they were meant to fight in. "Seems that they are about to start." She said with a hushed tone, putting another candy in her mouth.

"Is there anyone in the new formation that wants to become an assassin?" he asked, keeping his gaze on the teams as he ate his candy.

"See that boy? There?" Aiko pointed at Kazumo. "Kazumo Sarutobi. He is still a genin, but he has the ambition to become one. Has already some skill with being silent and knowing where to seek cover. Though..." Aiko frowned as her voice trailed off. "I was suspecting he would bring his bow with him. Other than that, there is Hiraku Hyuuga. A chuunin. Friendly guy, think you would like him." Aiko stated. "And Korina Kusanagi. You know, she is Koike's girlfriend. Which is kind of surprising as she is more energetic and eager than we know Koike can be."

"Huh..." He turned to her briefly with a smile. "Maybe I'll learn something from watching, right?" he said gleefully.

"Wasn't that not the whole purpose why you're here?" Aiko glanced at her hand as she would pick out another candy. Chewing on the small candy, the referee was looking if the teams were at the ready. A certain tension did flow over the tribunes as Aiko even held her breath in. Then with the approval and signal of the referee, the fight would start.

"Hm... Aren't the teams a bit far from each other? I mean... It kind of leads to the match having a slow start," he said.

"It is, yes. But it is most likely done in the way that fights can stretch over large fields. " Aiko explained to Katsu. She gestured to the teams briefly as she continued. "That and smaller arena's often force those who prefer to fight at a longer range to suddenly swap to a close ranged situation. It would give an unbalanced advantage for those who would prefer close ranged fights over distance attacks." Her eyes narrowed as she noticed that the start was indeed slow. As she had suspected, her team didn't move into a charge, but seemed to prefer to attempt to hide and wait for the enemy team to approach them. "It also provides room to make more complex or well," she paused as she tried to both search for the proper word as to keep an eye on the match, "a well thought out tactic. If it fails, then there is room to fall back and regroup, which wouldn't be the case with a smaller arena."

"I see..." He paused for a moment as he slowly took another piece of candy. "The Sarutobi -- Kazumo?-- wanted to be an assassin, right? How about Koike's... um.... special friend?"

"Mhm." Aiko reacted at first, watching how one of the members of the Amegakure team started to use a water technique to fire balls around. It was clear that they weren't sure where Team 8 was hiding, but Aiko wondered if Team 8 had a good sight on the enemy team from where they were. "He isn't near your or Koike's league, but he is adept with knowing how to keep himself silent. As for Korina, she is more of a vanguard." Aiko wondered if she could compare Korina with Yukara, but Korina was more into the offensive. "Strike hard and fast, you could say." One of the Ame nin started to move away, making Aiko wonder if Team 8's opposition had a plan in mind.

"Quite... straightforward," Katsu said. "Is she any good?"

"She is a chuunin, sometimes a bit too straightforward. Which can be a flaw when it comes to fight a more cunning foe, but..." Aiko noticed that there was some development. A member of the Amegakure team made a clone. The jounin wasn't sure if a clone was a proper way to either lure out a team to a certain direction or support. With the dessert-like area, which would be draining stamina from everybody, Aiko paused. "I haven't really done a spar with her, but she has for example chakra enhanced strength. Thinking of that, you never have seen that, have you?"

"Chakra enhanced strength?" he repeated bemusedly, answering the question at the same time.

The woman had eaten all of her candy as the fight continued. It seemed that both teams were slowly starting to prepare or at least coming to face each other. "Huh? Oh yeah. It is quite simple. Using chakra, the user amplifies their strength. It is much like chakra flow, but focused on to make the impact of a punch hit harder. Much as you would use chakra to slice easier through a desired target, she would aim to crush one." The woman wanted to state that he could else try to use his sharingan, but she was taken by surprise. The member of the Ame team was certainly something preparing as she crouched and seemed to wait? No. "Katsu, be a dear please? What is that girl doing?"

"Explosions would solve things much faster," the boy grumbled before his eyes turned red. "Sensory," he said after observing the chakra.

Sensory? But why was that girl stationed there? Out of sight was something that Aiko could understand. Knowing where your opponents where and yet staying out of sight was a basic advantage that she personally valued quite highly. Her gaze traveled quick back to her own team. They didn't seem to take up any action while the remaining nin of the Ame team decided to spit a small barrage of water and fire balls. Hearing what the Ame shinobi shouted, Aiko frowned. Not because of his words, but she was wondering what her team would do. The pace that the fight had gotten seemed to ebb away. "And what would you do in this situation as team leader?" Aiko asked as it was clear that both teams seemed to be either waiting for something or plotting an approach further.

"Hm... Well, if they're quick as their specializations mandate... I suppose I'd just have them avoid the attacks," he said. "Over such distance, they'd have time to react too. Otherwise, perhaps have the Hyuuga as support for the vanguard as she advances so that she doesn't get hit while charging in."

"See? Might happen that you end up as a sensei sooner or later. Oooooooh," Aiko nudged and proceeded to ruffle Katsu's hair as she chuckled. "I can already see it happen. Both you and that other trouble maker being fine sensei and then of course doing all kind of chores for me. Wouldn't that be great?" She asked, grinning.

Katsu tried to pin down his hair frustratedly, unbeknownst to the fact that it was all for naught. "Pff... He's the only troublemaker around," Katsu grumbled.

"Of course.~" Aiko said as she would release Katsu. Wondering what the next move would be, the jounin blinked rapidly with her eyes. From the sensory girl, sand would be whipped up and hurled forwards to the participants of Team 8. "Oh, that is no good." Leaning forward, Aiko pouted slightly. She was sure that the sandstorm wouldn't much other than irritation for Hiraku, but Korina and Kazumo? "Go underground, Kazumo. Come on." Aiko mumbled, clenching her hands into fists as she lost visual over her team. Deciding to stand up, Aiko would move her hands to her lips. "Come on guys! Kick some ass!"

"Hey! I am trying to watch a match!"

"Bite me!" Aiko sneered back at the person. The man glared at her and opened his mouth again as Aiko raised her left sleeve. "Keep at it and I will beat you so blue that your children will be born dizzy! Got that?!" The effect seemed to make Aiko sit down with a content smile as the man averted his gaze back to the match. "And that is how you keep people underneath the thumb. Hmpf!"

Katsu nodded, noting some of the things she said. "You're much more hyped up for this match then you let on, aren't you sensei?" he said with a mischievous grin.

"That redfaced jerk should stick his hand into his mouth so that he could at least stop making that annoying sound that I can hear from here! Maybe it could also help against that bad breath." Aiko said out loud, shooting a glare at the previous man who had dared to comment on her cheering. Turning her attention back to the fight, Aiko scoffed. "Maybe. Just a bit."

"Weirdos... What's wrong with cheering at a match?" he said. "When have you ever seen someone sit quietly--" The boy stopped himself, glancing up for a brief moment before continuing watching the match, eating another few candies in one go.

"I know right! It is my right to cheer for people I am training and mentoring. Good grace, if that jerk..." Her voice trailed off as her voice lowered in volume, but the intention was quite clear. "Don't ever dare to lose your composure. It is bad." Aiko said, wanting to wiggle a finger at Katsu, but her eyes were still on the match.

"I'll... keep that in mind."[/spoili]

candy_by_sketching101-d9g3vh4.jpg

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Hiron Hon, maroon]

Konohagakure Jounin | Team 9

The jounin would answer Neji's questions with a neutral tone. "If there were bandits, then they wouldn't have send us to deal with them." Hiron paused. "That and thugs this close to the capital? I doubt that any smart thug would be keen on preying on people and possessions this close to a bulwark of military forces." Then the man simply shrugged as he would continue to answer the boy's question. "Other than that, we will see what the locals can tell us."

The travel wouldn't take too much time. In a relatively good pace, one that wouldn't exhaust but simply cause the genin likely to be winded at best, they had reached the place where they would start with their mission. It was a small gathering of farmhouses, a commune if Hiron got the term correct. The surrounding consisted out of meadow fields or else fields on which the farmers and families worked on. "Do remember, we're shinobi." Hiron started as he would lower the pace to a walking one. "The people don't often get to see shinobi here. The occasional patrol from the regular military corps or the police, but not us. We either are the messengers of problems or the one to help out. Stay close and don't do anything to cause the locals to get riled up." He instructed his team.

He listened to the man. Team 9's contact person was a man in his forty or fifties. He explained that they had spotted some large animals at the western side of the barns and houses, suspecting that it would likely be a carnivore that could cause some damage. If any beast would eat and devour their livestock, it wouldn't just mean a small diminish of cheese, meat and other products on the market of Konohagakure or the surrounding villages. It would mean a financial problem for the farmers of the commune. Nodding, Hiron replied back. "We'll start with scanning the area and eventually set up traps, sir."

The man thanked them and then apologized as he was needed to help with other tasks. Raising his right hand, Hiron turned to the genin, rubbing his neck. "Seems that is it. We'll tackle this problem as following. Shikaroku, you take up position up the silo. See if you can see another good vantage point or something worth of note." Lowering his right hand a bit, the jounin pointed with his index finger to the silo. "Neij, I want you to make simple traps. Keep them at the border of the fields and nothing too dangerous. Don't want to risk any kids of the farmers getting hurt or one of their pets." Then Hiron's gaze moved on to Violet. He remained silent for a moment. "Violet, you'll search for tracks at the livestock. See if you spot any out of the ordinary tracks among the cow, sheep or chickens. Now that will be all. If you encounter something worth of note, then use your earphone communicator."

[/fieldbox]

Neji Uchiha
Konohagakure Genin Team Nine

Neji contiuned to follow Hiron as he answered his question and what he said made sense to him, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for bandits to attack a farming community that was so close to the hidden leaf village. Bandits would know that they wouldn't be there for before shinobi would be sent to deal with them. After what felt like a pretty short run they were at the farming community.

Neji was on his best behavior he did not want to be rude to these people and he also would not want to cause a scene. He was just be quiet and patient until Hiron sensei gave him his orders. As they entered the community Neji stayed cautious and alert to check to see if there was anything out of the ordinary that he saw, but just as he expected everything seemed fine right now. Neji stood behind Hiron sensei with Shikaroku and their new teammate violet as they all listened to their contact in the community. It appereaed that there was some large animals in the area, these animals could cause some serious damage to the crops, livestock and even the farmers them selfs. This would also cause problems money wise for these farmers as they self their crops and such to make a living for them and their families. Neji listened to the orders Hiron gave to him and the rest of the squad. Neji was to set up traps along the outskirts of the village. Just some simple traps that wouldn't cause to much damage, these traps were more for capturing the animals then hurting them. Neji made his way around the outskirts of the villages setting up traps. Most of the traps he set around the village were wire he tied around tree branches and set on the ground. For these traps to work the animal must step in the wire that was set into a circle on the ground, once the animal stepped into it the pressure of their foot would set off the trap and would catch their leg in the wire making them immobile. Neji secured the wires and made sure they were strong. To make it more likely that the animals would go to these traps, Neji was able to get some bread from one of the farmers and he set the bread down where he wanted the animals to step. Now that was the trap he used on most sides of the village, except for the side thay the animal was actually spotted. He borrowed a shovel from one of the farmers and dug a big hole into the ground. It was deep enough to trap the animal, but not do much harm to it. Neji then covered it with branches and leaves and set his final piece of bread on top of the leaves. Once he was done he made his way Around the farmers to just give them a heads up about where the traps were, so that they would stay away from those areas. Once he was done he made his way over to where Hiron had told them to meet once they were done with their task. "
Okay I set up traps around the outskirts of the farming community. I covered evey direction so we should be good."

[fieldbox="Eiji Emiya, sandybrown"]
Team 11 Jounin | Miya Village

With Kuni's tale done and Eiji's questions satisfied he ushered his team into their beds and turned off the lights. They would have enough to do in the morning so they could use their rest. As he laid down he couldn't help but smile at Kuni's story. It was good to have her back. With a hastened good night, he closed his eyes and drifted off while wondering if Sachi was sleeping soundly already.

The next morning they were greeted by a hastened Tamotsu who brought them a simple but decent breakfast consisting of white rice and vegatables and some glasses of fresh cold water. When Eiji informed about going to the shrine up the mountain Tamotsu nodded and spoke:

"I can take you, if you want. I am going there as soon as I have cleaned all of this up." He gestured to the breakfast leftovers.

"That would be most kind."

And with that the deal was sealed. After packing up and cleaning the room Eiji and his team would follow mister Tamotsu who led them, again seemingly in a haste, up the mountain. Eiji did not want to inquire why the man felt the need for such a rush, but never the less took note of it. As they walked they encountered several of the village people under which a curious boy who openly stared at them and after they moved past, if any one of them would look back, they would see that the boy followed them with slow careful steps.

The path let up the mountain and when they had taken several dozen steps up the slope they would be greeted by the sight of a tall standing shrine. The traditional gate painted in red gave them entrance to the grounds where a single pagoda raised to into the sky. At its ground level stood the traditional washing bin as well as the box where one could throw in money and pray. A neat bell hung above it, ready to be rung. Next to that was the standard sacred tree, it's trunk surrounded by strips of paper to ward of evi. Several maidens dressed in red and white were walking around the grounds.

As they arrived one of the maidens hurried up to them but instead of talking to Eiji and his team she turned to Tamotsu. "There has been no change, mister Yaru," she said with a small bow.

Tamotsu clenched his fists, but nodded. "Thank you Chiasa." He turned back to Eiji. "This is where I have to leave you. I hope you can fulfill your business. I have to visit my daughter now. Chiasa," he turned again to the girl. "These people are looking for the master. Could you lead them to him? I can find my own way."

The girl nodded and Tamotsu left them with quick steps and disappeared into the pagoda. "If you could follow me," the girl, Chiasa, said with a timid voice while giving Kuni, Ryu and Yogiri a glance before her eyes moved to something past them. The young boy from the village was still there. She didn't speak to him, or acknowledged that he was around. Instead she turned in silence and beckoned them to follow her leaving it up to the team to follow in silence, ask questions, or confront the boy.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox='Shikaroku Nara, Purple']

Konoha Genin, Team 9
Nice View Deer?

Moving out with the rest of the team, Shikaroku was immersed in his own thoughts. He almost didn't notice the newest member of the team introduce herself to him. Turning his head towards her as they moved, Shikaroku observed the girl curiously. She appeared to be younger than him, though not by much, and she gave the impression of someone who was relatively friendly and outgoing. The fact that she had decided to stand on the other side of Shikaroku made him curious, but he decided not to dwell on it too much.

"Shikaroku Nara." He replied, nodding his head politely. As the girl brought up the topic of taijutsu, Shikaroku found himself growing a hint of a smile at her obvious passion for it. Glancing back towards Neji and Hiron, he caught a snippet of their conversation. Turning back to Violet, he smiled. "Perhaps that question should wait until we have a bit more time?" His tone was as polite as he could make it. He did not wish to appear rude, but he could tell it was a topic she would want to carry on with, and at the moment Shikaroku did not think they would have too much time before they would arrive.

As if on cue, Hiron's pace slowed and he gave them further briefing on how to act. Keeping quiet, Shikaroku followed along.

Climbing to the top of the large silo, Shikaroku took a look out over the surrounding area. There was a lot of farmland, and hints of what used to be a larger forest. It appeared however, that the forest had been cut away in order for the farmers to increase their land. Letting out a sigh, the genin got himself into a good vantage point. Glancing up, Shikaroku noticed the clouds still floating gently across the sky. For a moment he was tempted to stop and simply watch once again, but he shook his head and returned his focus to the mission at hand.

He could see nothing of interest around the farmland. Aside from the livestock and farming equipment, the area was lacking any notable features. Shikaroku found his attention being drawn back towards the forest, a place that had always interested him. Taking a seat on the roof of the silo, the genin tried to make himself comfortable as he watched.

After what seemed like hours, Shikaroku had to shift positions to avoid his legs growing numb. As he adjusted his seating, a sudden movement at the edge of the forest caught his eye. Narrowing his eyes, Shikaroku focused on the spot, watching closely. The foliage at the edge looked like it was moving, ever so slightly, but it wasn't caused by any wind.

Hesitant to even blink, Shikaroku didn't look away, afraid he would lose the spot if he looked away for even a moment. Finally, a shape appeared. Pushing its head through the foliage at the edge of the forest, the animal glanced around furtively. Stepping out a little further, the timid animal paused. From his vantage point, Shikaroku could just make out what it was. A curious smile played across his face as he watched the animal take another step out of the forest. As if it sensed it was being watched, the animal raised its head, seeming to meet Shikaroku's gaze. The genin knew it was impossible, but still a small chill ran through him.

And just like that, the animal turned and bounded back into the forest, disappearing amongst the trees. Thinking for a long moment, Shikaroku reached up and tapped his earphone communicator several times in sequence. It would sound like simple static, but to Hiron, the message would be clear. Giving his sensei time to switch channels, Shikaroku waited before speaking.

"I may have an idea as to what the people saw. We might want to check out the forest at the edge of the farmland."

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Gerontis
[fieldbox=Ryu Uchiha, blue, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]Ryu got up kind of early that morning, and had spent the time trying to figure out how to show she was a girl. She had finally let her hair out of that constricting super bun she had hidden it in. So it fell down to about her mid-back now, and even with her feminine features and not hiding her voice anymore Eiji-Sensei had still called her 'Mister Uchiha'. That was the thought troubling the girl as she watched the sleeping forms of her Sensei and teammates. Eventually she settled on simply making Suguha take her shopping for clothes and stuff when she got home. With these thoughts the girl smiled as she leaned against the wall, and waited while for everybody else. A few hours later she found herself heading out of town, and on their way out Ryu noticed a boy who seemed to be staring at them with some amount of curiosity, and doing so rather openly. However the girl didn't exactly have time to stop and question him as they were soon on the road towards the shrine, then reaching the place itself. However, she couldn't focus on the shrine itself right now or let its walls distract her... she had a mission. After thinking this and focusing in on the mission ahead, her ears picked up something ever so slight. Ryu had been walking at the rear the whole time, and she just heard something make a sound much like a person would when walking. The sound of somebody's feet hitting the ground, and Ryu turned to look over her shoulder out of curiosity. The girl immediately noticed the boy behind the group and studied him briefly, as it struck her as odd that a boy would be here by himself. Then the girl recognized him, they had passed this same boy earlier when leaving the village and Ryu had noticed him staring rather openly at the group. "Did you follow us all the way from the village? I remember seeing you staring at us as we left." Ryu said simply, ensuring her voice was loud enough to hopefully draw the attention of her teammates.[/fieldbox]

[Fieldbox=Violet Tsukami , plum]
Konohagakure genin| Team 9

"Perhaps that question should wait until we have a bit more time?"
Violet smiled back and nodded, though inside she was disappointed. She was hoping Shikaroku would be fun and stuff. Then the arrived at the farm and Hiron divided up the roles. Violet was the last to get an assignment, though her excitement was probably the highest. She had a huge smile when Hiron finally came to her with the assignment.

"Violet, you'll search for tracks at the livestock. See if you spot any out of the ordinary tracks among the cow, sheep or chickens. Now that will be all. If you encounter something worth of note, then use your earphone communicator."

"AYEEE Sensei" she answered. It seemed simple enough. All she had to do was locate a clue and sensei would be proud. Then she would be liked and everything would turn out great.

She ran off into animal pin where the chickens were located. She looked around the gate but she saw nothing. Then she jumped the fence which startled the chickens. feathers flew everywhere as the chickens assaulted the genin intruder. "Ouch... ouch... OUCH!!!" she cried as the birds pecked her. She did not see any clues. The chickens though were only becoming more angry and Violet could not take the pecking anyone. So she tapped the bottom of her shoes and applied a stack of echo. As she jumped a tiny explosion of air propelled her out of the cage while scaring off the chickens. She crashed in the dirt tumbling before coming to a complete stop. She slowly got up while brushing off the dirt, "Ouch... Stupid chickens making me lose my balance!" She looked around and luckily no farmers noticed her, at least from what she saw. She Then proceeded to check on the sheep's pin.

The sheep were very nice, making clue hunting very easy. However she saw no forms of animals tracks or forced entry. She sighed and moved on to the field of cows. She as she hoped the fenced, she noticed something smelly right in front of her. It was brown and had flies buzzing around it. She about nearly screamed but covered her mouth and noised as she sided stepped away from it. She slowly tread the fields looking for any signs of clues. However there was nothing. Interesting enough though, as she moved closer to the forest, the grass seemed a little higher and their was less cow pies. She looked back to see the cows grazing far away from the gate near the forest. She thought it was strange but was not sure. After all she did not know how cows worked. After a few more minutes of searching she walked back to Hiron, who was with the Uchiha kid. Violet cautiously walked up to them thinking about that red eye power. She kept her head down and mumbled over and over, "avoid the red eyes."

"Hiron-sensei, There are no foot prints or any clues of entry. I had a question about cows though. Do they favor different sides of the field?"
[/fieldbox]

@Gerontis
@timv999
@ChromeHound

Last edited:
Nanami Fukumitsu
Team 14 Chuunin | Kirigakure

Nanami really hated being on a boat, was that irony for being born in a water-orientated homeland? She sure didn't care. She got tired of it after an hour, and had difficulty sleeping, even on Jeriko. The rocking would not stop and it annoyed her to death. Wasn't rocking supposed to be relaxing? With that, leading to the thought of if she was ever put in a cradle or something as a baby. Or was she rocked the wrong way and she had a subconscious hate for it? It would make sense for her dad to fuck up that badly.

No matter, she got enough rest to wake up in the morning... Sort of. More like her laziness caught her before alertness and Jeriko had to carry her to where they were gathered, as usual. He gave her a signal to wake up, making her instantly slide off him and stretch.
"I'm up, i'm up..." She said, covering her mouth with a yawn and patting Jeriko's head. She saw the land off in the distance and was almost going out of bounds to cheer to get off this thing, but then she remembered Commander Dictator was present and stopped herself, narrowing her eyes but cheering on the inside.

So she was actually leading a team. Great. And she had to help with settling down some people attacked by crazy-ass birds. Even better. Then they had to find said crazy-ass birds and catch them, while keeping the people from going up and doing something to the birds. Give this mission a goddamn birthday cake topped with cookies! She wanted to complain but she had to set an example for the Genin in her team, and she doubted anyone would take a Chuunin whining about a mission's difficulty seriously. Time to act serious...
"Okay those of you coming with me, as soon as we dock we're going to the nearest town and speaking with the head of the village and help out any locals in need of it." She said, looking to her current teammates

Hanako Asushika
Team 3|Team Charlie| Chuunin| Landing

As the first of her team landed, Hanako would soon follow as she angled her parachute to land near a few of them. A few seconds later, her feet would touch the ground and she would land in a crouch as she would then begin to roll her parachute up. It would appear to her that Ayame, Kin and Satoshi-Sensei were already beginning to gather as she quickly finished her parachute and headed over to them. The first thing she had noticed about her immediate surroundings was the castle and its damage. It was interesting to say in the least. As soon as she was standing among her team mates, she would look up to see where the last of them was before looking to Satoshi-Sensei.

Yoshikuni Sadako
Amegakure Chuunin, Team 11

The night passed and the morning was nice. They had what Kuni considered to be an excellent breakfast, got all their things arranged and then started heading towards the shrine. While Kuni did notice the boy who was staring at them and then followed, she didn't do anything at first due to remembering Eiji's words about shinobi not being a common sight, thus making it not surprising some people may be curious about seeing some.

As they reached the gate and Eiji talked to the man who escorted them, Kuni heard Ryu call out to the boy that followed them. Before beginning to follow the girl into the shrine, Kuni approached Ryu and placed her hand on her teammates shoulder "You shouldn't call out for him like that. They aren't used to shinobi over here, his curiousity could be the reason he followed due to not being used to shinobi, and by calling to him like that you scared him." She told her while taking in Ryu's appearance from up close

"I think we also need to talk later." Kuni told Ryu with an unusually serious face before a smile came back to her face and she turned to look at the boy "Hey there! Sorry for my teammate's very direct approach. Is there anything we can do for you?" She asked him with a friendly smile, while remembering that they cannot stray off course with the mission.

[fieldbox="Nami Tachibana, gold"]
Team 2 Genin | On the Boat

For Nami the time on the ships had mostly been spent in silence. She didn't know any of these people and neither felt like making contact with them. It was not like she was actively ignorning them, but if they didn't come looking for her, she wouldn't be bothering them. They weren't here to become the best of friends after all. Surprisingly she found her thoughts run back to Daiki on occassion. She felt strangly bad for not being there for their lesson. She had even made sure to practice extra so that she coudl show him some useful things. So that is what she did while waiting. She stretched out her senses while absentmindedly forming signs with her hands.

Then they ewre all called up. Nami fell neatly in the line-up and listened to their leader, the rather mytserious M. She did not question the woman about her hidden idenity. It was only natural for a shinobi to have something hidden. The tattoo on the sole of her foot was proof of that.

They were separated into teams and as her name was called Nami would walk over to her new opperator and teammember who was apparantly called Genso. She nodded to them both and then waited for her teamleader to give an order.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Hiron Hon, maroon]
Konohagakure Jounin,
Team 9,
Hamlet - mission.

Leaning against the wall of the barn, Hiron was standing just out of the warm sun, waiting. His arms crossed out front of his chest, the jounin had his eyes closed as he enjoyed the peace and quiet. He didn't consider that his genin would be back soon. Hopefully the tasks that they were send on would keep them sweet and quiet for some time.

But as Hiron was considering to check on them, the first one came back. Neji reported that he had set the traps. "Good." Hiron simply replied. Not long after, Shikaroku would use the earphone communicator to deliver a message. The tapping made Hiron almost chuckle as he would switch over to another channel. Hearing what Shikaroku said, Hiron glanced at the position. He couldn't see the boy from his current position, but would shoot back a reply. "Okay. We'll move out to the edge once Violet is done."

It wouldn't take too long as the genin soon enough joined him and Neji. Nodding simply the man was briefly confused by the girl's question. Clearing his throat, he would speak up to the two. "Shikaroku detected something at the forest edge." Tapping the earphone, Hiron would push his back from the wall. "We're going to investigate it now. Shikaroku, we see you at the edge." That said, Hiron beckoned the genin to come with him to see what the Nara genin had seen.
[/fielbox][/fieldbox]

Neji Uchiha
Konohagakure Genin Team Nine
Neji waited there with Hiron sensei as they waited to hear from Shikaroku and Violet. Neji sat on a huge box that was right near where they were waiting. Neji looked over his ninja tools, knowing that most likely he wouldn't need to use them but you never knew what you would and would not use when out on a mission. Soon Neji heard Shikaroku on the ear piece say they needed to go to the edge of the forrest. Then soon enough Violet joined them. Neji couldnt really get a read on her. She seemed to be avoiding him, it alsmosh seemed like she was scared of him. Neji tried not to think on it so much for right now and just try and focus on the mission at hand. Hiron Sensei echoed what Shikaroku had said. Soon enough the three of them were heading for the edge of the forrest to see what Shikaroku wanted them to see.

• Thank You
Reactions: Fieryfly
[fieldbox=Natsuo Ueda , #a85405]
Kumo Genin | Team 3

Even though he hadn't been the last to jump he had been the last to land. He thought that was a little weird. Maybe his other teammates were exceptionally heavy? He gigigled quietly at that. When he did land he was set to converge with his teammates. Unfortunately his parachute had other ideas, it seemed bent on landing on his head. Natsuo held in a squeak as it blanketed him. Piyo flew around his covered form, worriedly. After a bit of a fight he managed his way out of the trap. After that ordeal he would then walk over to his team casually, like nothing had ever happened.
[/fieldbox]

[Fieldbox=Violet Tsukami , plum]
Konohagakure genin| Team 9

Violet dropped her head when Hiron avoided her question. She thought it was interesting but it seemed that her sensei thought otherwise, Especially since one of her other teammates found something that was actually useful. When Hiron ordered them to head to the forest, she nodded and followed though lagged slightly behind. She was cautious not to look the Uchiha in the face while traveling. When they arrived, she saw Shikaruoku. She wondered if he found anything, though she would not say anything and was too afraid to further embarrass herself with more useless questions.
[/fieldbox]

@Gerontis
@timv999
@ChromeHound