• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mx88b9Evrl1sr8amyo1_500.gif

Celty was a little nonplussed at Eve's comparison of her and Silk's names. Huh. She never thought about it that way. Was that a thing people did, now? Compared names to other names? Maybe it was a Western thing. She'd been living in Japan too long to really notice. It got her thinking, though... what names did Eve sound like? Eve... Eve... Steve? Were there any Steves here? She hoped not. That would've been creepy. The dullahan contemplated all this slowly, scratching the side of her helmet as though it, in itself, were her face, though that was surely ridiculous.

It occurred to her that she'd probably been thinking about Eve's name and its similarity to other names a bit longer than was necessary, so she hastily snapped to attention when the blonde girl spoke to her again, fumbling around frantically with her phone for a moment in an effort not to drop it out of surprise before she secured her grip and started typing out another message. She followed Silk and Eve to the Emiya Residence, in the meantime, figuring a local perspective might've been just what they needed. If there was anyone even home. It could've easily been just as deserted as the rest of the town, she figured.

tumblr_nu1zgqTlwU1u7gyjmo3_250.gif

[ I can't. Mysterious, right? ]

She didn't mind people asking about her speech difficulties in the least, since she knew it was generally the first thing strangers noticed when they met her face-to-face. The trouble usually came about when that line of questioning continued, though, so part of her hoped it didn't. That rarely led anywhere good. She started typing another message, holding it up for them both to see as they walked.

[ I live in Ikebukuro. That's in Japan. I'm a courier, so I... deliver stuff. ]

That was all she said about herself for now, somewhat guarded on the subject. She might've said more if they pressed, but... for now she was gonna keep her cards close to her chest. Just in case. It was better that way.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M

Wd0MXvm.png

With a stick in hand, the bright young girl gave it her all this time during their fight. "Okay, I hope this is good!" she cried, putting a lot more effort into her attacks than she had during their earlier attempts. Because of the stick, she felt more confident and comfortable practicing. She knew she couldn't hurt Minato or herself with a stick, so she could put forth her best effort--even if that meant making a few mistakes.

"Hehe, this is fun!" she chirped, keeping a determined expression even if she was excited. Because of her excitement, she nearly tripped over her feet once or twice, although managed to recover before she slipped and fell. "Sir Minato, I think I see something on your face, did I hit you?" she asked, in truth making a silly attempt to try and distract him to see if she could tap him with her stick while he was distracted.

@The Tactician

tumblr_inline_nl2gv4KK761r3leyb.png

Looking between the two with her crimson eyes, Eve waited for Silk to greet them before finally responding. "Likewise," Eve softly to Silk. "To the Emiya Residence it is then..."

As the newly-formed trio made their way for the Emiya Residence, Even listened-- err, read what Celty had to say. "I see," the girl replied. "I figured as much when you typed in order to communicate. It is all right. I do not mind." Thinking for a moment, the short girl finally added, "In fact, I like your way of communicating better. Reading is my favorite thing," she told Celty, innocent honesty in her words.

Allowing Celty to explain where she came from first, Eve quietly read her response. "I have never been to such a place, but a delivery job sounds... nice." Eve quieted after replying to Celty, honestly unsure of what to say until it was her turn to tell the others what her story was. As one who struggled with basic interaction, conversation came difficult to her.

"What's my... story?"

"I--"

For a brief moment, memories of the short girl's past flashed through her mind. She saw the place where she was born, the mansion where she was held prisoner, and the man named Torneo Rudman who almost brainwashed her into becoming a mindless bioweapon.

d91747b6d2cf33c5fa3dd1fd34549973.png

"Eve, you are a demon. The demon catches the prey."

She remembered the time she met her friend Sven--the person she cared for most--and began resisting this man's hold on her...

tumblr_mphgwhd5eM1rjvyv5o1_500.png

"How dare you defy me! I told you that you are a demon! You will do what I say and kill who I tell you to kill!"

She then remembered when Sven risked his life to safe her from that horrible man who kept her enslaved.

eve_sven.gif

Snapping out of her thoughts after a moment, Eve narrowed her eyes.

tumblr_inline_nl2h0obnP31r3leyb.png

"--am not a demon," she mumbled softly under her breath. "I come from a place where I was raised to be a weapon. I was treated like one. But then, someone freed me and told me I deserved to live my life the way I want to live it... so I've been doing that ever since. And I decided to live my life as a sweeper, a bounty hunter who captures their targets alive and trades them in for a bounty," she told the two.

"What is your story?" she decided to ask Silk since she had been the only one of them who had yet to explain.

@OrlandoBloomers @Josh M @Verite @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Whoever is in charge of Emiya residence. XD​

Si11_zps8b1eatx4.png

Pausing for a bit, Cindy soaked Eve's words in. Cindy thought she had it rough, but someone always has it worse than you.

"I'm sorry Eve. That's rough. My story?"

Cindy felt torn. She wanted to show "the real her", but can these people be trusted?

"I'm a super-hero. I help people. That's all I can say."

stubbs33.jpg

"Brains? Brains. Braaaains."(Don't know much about this mana stuff other than I guess it's what keeps you guys going huh? Don't have anything like that back where I'm from. Wouldn't even be standing before you if it weren't some kinda new fertilizer the scientists of Punchbowl had concocted. Damn city was built over where I got dumped into some random spot of ground and buried. So when the fertilizer seeped into the ground, guess it triggered something and next thing I knew, I was up and walking about. Vocal chords were too rotten to say anything of much significance or anything that a regular human could understand. That and I had a craving for brains. Most people weren't too fond of that! Eventually in my hunger, I ended up getting the city bombed. But I didn't care. I had the person of my dreams and nothing else mattered. Got separated from her when this damn game kicked off." Stubbs took another drag on his cigar and puffed out a cloud of smoke as his gaze went back up to the sky.

"Brains, brains. Braaains."(I ain't never been in a church to be honest with ya. Never had much of a stomach for it, no pun intended. Didn't think God looked too fondly upon a traveling salesman just trying to make it big in a land full of the poor and depressed. Guess I found that out the hard way, eh? Heh, you seem like you got a good head on your shoulders and I can respect that. Most humans usually look upon me with disgust or want to dissect me and see what makes me tick. Truth is everything's stopped working for the most part. Nothing's flowing through these veins except for some sickly green blood. Might have something to do with the fertilizer but don't feel alive. But guess that's really hard to describe.)

The next question Gilgamesh had confused Stubbs for a bit as he tried to think about what he meant by it. Did he mean once they were out of this Murder Game? He seemed like the guy who called victory before they even faced down the odds but even Stubbs wasn't that positive.. He just didn't want to be sliced into pieces.

"Brains? Brains."(If you mean once we move on past this place? Follow you and these guys to the church and beyond, I guess. Not much else for me to do really. But if you mean once this whole thing's over and if we get through this in one piece? Find the girl I mentioned, give her the gift I've been saving for her, and go from there. Not gonna die of old age anytime soon. Though decomposition might do the trick eventually. Eh? Hey, aren't those some of the people from the mansion?) Stubbs pointed towards Eve as she approached Shirou's home with Celty and Silk in tow.

@Josh M
Cindy would double take. Yup, it was a zombie. However, it didn't seem all "Murder-y", besides the brains part.

"Hey Brainy! Can you understand me?"

@OrlandoBloomers @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

It seemed the three newcomers were ignoring him, so Gilgamesh casually opened a gate of babylon above them, launching a spear into the ground right infront of them before hollering out "Hmph! Spider Brains of course he can understand you! Though can you understand us!? Everyone here is leaving! We're investigating the Church! Would you rather come with, or stay here and waste your time!?".

@Thuro The Assassin Potato @Hospes @Atomyk @TheSpringwoodSlasher @DapperDogman @Crimson Spartan @coralprime@OrlandoBloomers @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M

'Aye, I'm afraid that I can't make no sense o' these messages meself, so any real answers would be much appreciated.'
Barbossa really didn't understand all of this talk of Espers and Phones. He really was a man out of time around here. However, e had a feeling that perhaps some of these future objects could be very useful once he got back to his ship:
barbossa1.jpg

@BarrenThin @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Hospes
"From the sound of it, whoever super called us plans to bring us to Academy City, my hometown." As far as necessary information, that was all she got. Unless he was really curious as to what an Esper or phone was and asked, anyway.
The old man frowned at her. "Something wrong?"

With a sigh, Frank pressed another button. Maybe he could find something useful.

@Kaykay @Verite @Mighty Roman @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Hospes
"I didn't want to give away who I super was to someone in GROUP. That could be super bad for me."

@BarrenThin @Mighty Roman @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Hospes

"From the sound of it, whoever super called us plans to bring us to Academy City, my hometown." As far as necessary information, that was all she got. Unless he was really curious as to what an Esper or phone was and asked, anyway.

"I didn't want to give away who I super was to someone in GROUP. That could be super bad for me."

Understanding dawned on his face. "Oh. I'm sorry." He turned to Kinu. "Well... if it really comes back to bite you, I'll be there to help. I promised, remember?" Frank smiled at her, though he was well aware how out of his depth he was, power wise. "Besides... this guy seems alright. He and Accelerator are the only reason I'm not dead right now," The old man paused. "Again."

"Who is GROUP, anyways?"

@Kaykay @Mighty Roman @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Hospes @Verite

Understanding dawned on his face. "Oh. I'm sorry." He turned to Kinu. "Well... if it really comes back to bite you, I'll be there to help. I promised, remember?" Frank smiled at her, though he was well aware how out of his depth he was, power wise. "Besides... this guy seems alright. He and Accelerator are the only reason I'm not dead right now," The old man paused. "Again."

"Who is GROUP, anyways?"

@Kaykay @Mighty Roman @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Hospes @Verite
Kinuhata smiled back at him. "Well, I'll be super counting on you then. Getting killed is super not on my agenda," she smoothly responded. She couldn't quite imagine what would make a group like, well, GROUP help this guy out, but it wasn't really any of her business.

"You super know two members, but don't know their organization? They're basically one of the groups in the super dark side of Academy City. ...That's our super home city, in case you're wondering. But, well, they do the super dirty work for the city's higher ups."

Kinuhata smiled back at him. "Well, I'll be super counting on you then. Getting killed is super not on my agenda," she smoothly responded. She couldn't quite imagine what would make a group like, well, GROUP help this guy out, but it wasn't really any of her business.

"You super know two members, but don't know their organization? They're basically one of the groups in the super dark side of Academy City. ...That's our super home city, in case you're wondering. But, well, they do the super dirty work for the city's higher ups."

This certainly made Frank freeze. If he got this girl hurt, he'd never forgive himself. "They don't seem like the type to do that. Why would they come after you?"

@Kaykay @Mighty Roman @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Hospes

This certainly made Frank freeze. If he got this girl hurt, he'd never forgive himself. "They don't seem like the type to do that. Why would they come after you?"

"It's just a possibility," she said with a shrug. "Not all of our organizations necessarily super get along, you know? And the boy he said was super fighting Accelerator? He's in my group, so it's super possible when they know who I am I'll be in super bad with them."

@BarrenThin @Hospes @Mighty Roman @Gummi Bunnies

"It's just a possibility," she said with a shrug. "Not all of our organizations necessarily super get along, you know? And the boy he said was super fighting Accelerator? He's in my group, so it's super possible when they know who I am I'll be in super bad with them."

@BarrenThin @Hospes @Mighty Roman @Gummi Bunnies

"He said they used to be a part of ITEM... but I see what you mean. I'll talk to them, if it comes to that. Maybe I can get them off of your back."

"He said they used to be a part of ITEM... but I see what you mean. I'll talk to them, if it comes to that. Maybe I can get them off of your back."

She shook her head slowly. "ITEM was super dismembered. But we were part of the only super field agents. Connecting us is not a super stretch." After that, though, her expression seemed to lighten up, though she was tapping her foot as if she were in a hurry or nervous for something. "But if they're like you said, Hamazura might just be doing something super Hamazaura-y."

@Hospes @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @Mighty Roman

Reactions: Verite
Ryan was obviously confused by the ongoing discussion. She didn't understand this ITEM and GROUP stuff, but the child didn't like the idea of people coming after her new friend. So, once again, she piped up.

"I'll help protect you, Kinu," she declared, determinedly. "Promise."

@Kaykay @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @Mighty Roman @Verite @Bomb @East​
Though the idea of Ryan trying to stop, well, anyone probably wouldn't work, Kinuhata couldn't help smiling. "Don't super hurt yourself doing it."

tumblr_mo8g5uh4Ju1sqhhsto4_500.gif

Well, Stubbs story was a bit of a Sad one. "I know what it's like to suddenly have the one you care for taken from you..." Gilgamesh said but stopped there, reluctant to give any more details on the matter. Though once Stubbs got onto the topic of Gods Gilgamesh couldn't help but laugh before exclaiming "The Gods are a bunch of Arrogant Pricks! Sitting above on their Thrones while condemning the judging the lives of Men! I spit on their very image!" he then spat on the group to help cement that point. Although technically Gilgamesh was two thirds Deity himself, it still didn't stop him from having a deep anger towards said Deities. Then after taking another puff from his Cigar he continued "Your Fertilizer though, it sounds like a mixed blessing. It's caused you to be isolated from everyone else, but at the time it's given you strength, effective immortality, and a more accurate outlook at human's true nature. If you learned to harness this you could be very powerful". Once Stubbs stated his intention to join the others to the Church though he grinned and responded "Excellent! In times like these numbers are vital, and right now the Church is our best shot at solving this mess! Also, hold onto that goal, you need it when a fight for our lives approaches".

tumblr_m9qa1pAbs11qi1maro1_500.gif

But just then was when Stubbs pointed out the newcomer's to the scene, he didn't recognize most of then but one of them was that Spider Girl back in the room he had started in. He shouted out to her saying "Hmph! I see you've managed to Survive. Though, what is it that brings you here? There's nothing left here to get, if you three wish you can join us on our way to the Church". After which Shirou had finished Gilgamesh's Lance... and Saber had apparently agreed to aid them. The idea of this somewhat revolted Gilgamesh, though in their situation he couldn't afford to be picky... Well he could if the person was deemed to be more disruptive than useful, but Saber although a failure of a King was at least a skilled figher. She would be of use to them, plus this gave him another chance to claim her as his wife later, so there was always that. He casted Babylon's Gate over the finished Lance in Shirou's hand, having it return to his treasury and then coming out of that same gate as a small bag of gold coins "Thank you... Emiya" Gilgamesh said reluctantly "It seems you at least have some of your father's Magical Aptitude".

@Thuro The Assassin Potato @Hospes @Atomyk @TheSpringwoodSlasher @DapperDogman @Crimson Spartan @coralprime @OrlandoBloomers @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M
Twl0yGHhozA.jpg

"Brains."(I hadn't originally intended for it to go any further than it had. But I guess my charm worked better than I would have liked. Too bad her father didn't approve and brought out the double barreled boy to take care of me and then dump me in some undisclosed grave. Was glad to see that she hadn't changed much at all since I had died. Went through Hell and back to get her and turned her into what I am. Less intelligent than me but so what? I had her back and that's all that mattered. The rest of the city could go up in smoke for all I cared and after we left? It did.")

Stubbs failed to disclose the fact that the child he had with Maggie grew up to become mayor of Punchbowl and tried to have Stubbs killed after he turned Maggie but the undead Maggie actually convinced Stubbs not to kill their son. It was just poor timing that their son didn't' have much of a chance to escape Punchbowl before the bombs dropped. No great loss though in Stubb's eyes. Kid was a little shit anyway. Maybe getting a nuclear weapon dropped on him and his damn city was just what the doctor ordered.

"Brains! Heh, brains."(No real doubt in my mind regarding that. God sure didn't protect the people of that town against the other zombies I helped raise. Heh, you got an outlook I think I can get behind, Gil.) Stubbs smirked before taking another long drag on his cigar with a pleased expression. "Mmm.."

In regards to becoming powerful, Stubbs gave the king of heroes an earnest look before shaking his head. "Brains? Brains."(Honestly? Back when I was alive, I was just Edward 'Stubbs' Stubblefield. Just a traveling salesman trying to make it big in the world or at least try to eek out some kind of meager existence. I just didn't expect to get murdered and end up coming back. Maybe it's some kinda second chance? I've never really given it too much thought. I could walk the Earth until the last inch of flesh rots off my bones and I don't think I'd be upset with that. I've done what I wanted to do, got who I wanted, and nothin else matters. Except stayin in one consistent piece throughout the whole of this game.) He finished having said his piece and getting ready to head off towards the church only to frown at Silk's question.

"Brains? Brains." (What? You think because I'm a zombie, me too dumb to understand human speak? Well lemme tell you something, little miss I'm gonna dress up like some kinda bug. I ain't no run of the mill undead. I'm Stubbs and as you can see I've still got all the smarts I need upstairs. I ain't also gonna eat your brains less ya give me a reason to so calm yourself. But shoot the hell am I saying? You ain't gonna see all of this anyway. Thanks for sticking up for the team anyhow, Gil.) The zombie muttered as he started to shamble off in the direction of the church.
"...Both of you will be a great asset to the team..." Lon'qu spoke looking at Saber just long enough to say this.

latest

While seeming like he usually was for a mere second small smile had appeared on his face when Shirou and Saber decided to come along.

7673783_f248.jpg

"..Right lets get a move on 'fore anthin' bad happens. Gosh I sure do hope we git to the church okay though..." Donny spoke taking up his original lance which didn't really look like much to begin with.

"....we'll be fine Donny....." was all Lon'qu had to say on the matter. Of course Lon'qu distanced himself from any females with in the group and Donny stood by him like usual.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hospes @Atomyk @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @coralprime @Thuro The Assassin Potato @DapperDogman @Those I may have missed (Apologies if I did miss your post)
1418087525406s.jpg

Noticing the smile brielfy upon Lon'qu's face and the compliment he paid both her and Shirou, she giggled as she followed behind them with Shirou in tow.

"I'm honestly the one who should be glad that you've allowed me and Shirou to accompany you. It was enough of a fright that Shirou was having flashes of other games and to hear of your plight was enough to inspire me to finally take a stand."

Stubbs however wasn't as keen as the others on letting Saber tag along with them. Looking over his shoulder, his eyes nearly shot out of his head at the fact that the same girl who had cut off his arms and head in record time was following along. With a big friendly smile on her face to boot.

49d82683-a065-4f0f-ade0-915b08d61cd7_zps3xcybhfv.jpg

"Brains! Brains"(Sure Stubbs, we didn't ask for your input or anything. Just let the dame who up and minced and diced me like a nice round of swiss cheese to follow along. That's totally okay! Sheesh, I'm starting to get the opinion that because I'm a zombie, my opinion doesn't matter.)

However while the others would likely just assume that Stubbs was moaning and groaning due to being an undead, Saber could look into Stubbs' words and understood his message clearer than the others could. Flashing a glare the zombie's way, she spoke up to defend her actions of course.

images

"You're free to dislike me as much as you'd like, creature. I hold no ill will towards you or most of the other companions you've found yourself traveling with. But if you think you can hide behind your language barrier to insult me at your whim, then I'm afraid you're gravely mistaken. As for your opinion? I'm sure it matters but only to those whom can understand you. As far as I can see that consists of only myself and Gilgamesh. Not the best choices I'd imagine. As for what happened back at Shirou's home, you can see my actions however you wish. But you're still standing and shambling about are you not? My wounds were not any more fatal than anything else you've endured so far I'm sure."

Stubbs let out a low growl and he was tempted to pull out the ability he had been wanting to use since he ate Shirou's food and got that huge energy boost. But would have only slowed them down and possibly ended up with him losing his head, again.

"Brains." (Whatever. Just keep your sword and yourself as far away from me as possible and we'll have no problems. I can smell my fertilizer scented blood on you and that's not a smell I like smelling on anyone other than me let me tell ya.)
"Well, honestly, I feel like I can afford to be laid back...The things I've done in the past..." he sighs and leans forwards slightly, his eyes flashing once more, their bright red symbols appearing as he places a palm against his eye, the symbol flashing over his hand as he holds it up for her to see "If...If I undergo a strong enough emotional strain, like...watching too many people die, or...see someone I really care for being put into a bad enough situation...My eyes can make me go a little...crazy..."
legend-3-0.jpg

His hand tenses slightly, his fingers curling over the symbol on his palm "In this state, I can erase anything I see completely, to nothingness...So, if we really need to kill him...I can, almost assuredly for good...but...I become a danger to everyone around me when this happens...I'm no longer in control of my power..."

He lowers his hand and takes a shaky breath, trying to regain himself, he didn't much want to tell anyone about his stigma, it normally earned him a lot of prejudices, but he felt that the group here would understand, and be a lot more supportive than most people back home

"My special talent is to become the monster people see me as" he says, before closing his eyes, the symbols vanishing beneath the lids as he exhales slowly

"Sort of like a last resort, you know? Worst case scenario..."

He murmurs quietly "I just hope it never comes to that"

"If it does...If I lose myself, shut my eyes after I kill him, it'll put me back in control"

He leans forwards and takes a cup, pouring some wine into it and sipping it slowly

"I'll be right behind you, if we're leaving soon" he mutters, in response to everyone else getting ready to move out and get on the road once more

@ShiroKiyoshi @Crimson Spartan @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Atomyk @TheSpringwoodSlasher @coralprime @Hospes
eZ356x3M4CZ0KgVcjoxC7vsvAk47MhbXaU_MCJNSSPe6=w303-h170-p-no

Oh, well now she felt outright rude for having asked. It seemed that behind the laid-back and calm demeanor of this sorcerer, there was something deeper and darker than Saber would have thought. To have such power at your fingertips only to risk losing yourself in the process. It reminded her of the price that those of the Berserker class had to pay. But while Ilya's own Berserker did not seem to mind his servitude to her, the same could not be said for Lancelot. He was one of the most powerful servants she had fought. The only reason she had come out on top was because conveniently around the turning point of their bout, Berserker's master had given up the ghost and used up all of his mana and in turn his life, thus allowing Saber to pick up the win. But at what cost to her own memories?

The mere image of standing before Berserker with Excalibur impaled through his stomach and out the back was one that Saber did not need to see nor did she desire a refresher on.

"..I see. Very well then, continue as you were." She'd say before quickly turning to move onwards. That conversation had gone into a place that Saber had no desire to dwell in.

~Presented as a series of flashback's cause Thuro is an ass that can't be bothered to be on at the right times~

tumblr_n5dh3csPR31qzqt8do5_250.gif

With the emergence of Saber's so called master, Raiden shifted into a defensive stance, ready to try to free her from him. He wasn't sure it was correct to do, there was a lot of unknown customs in this world, but he wasn't going to let the girl sit here and be a slave, part of their culture or not.
Until he saw the way he was with her. They way he treated her was different from the way any of the Patriots had treated their weapons. He wasn't being kind to her to manipulate her, he was her friend, plain and simple. Slowly, Raiden lowered the sword that Gilgamesh had given him, still unaware of what its history was. He'd been too focused on the battle to notice the pain in her eyes with each stroke of the sword or Donny's words.

Still. He was listening. When she began to speak about the swords of her fallen brethren, he looked down at the sword clasped between his metallic, non human hands. One over the handle, oner over the blade, both holding what didn't belong to him.

Turning his head, he looked back at Gilgamesh. Between the way he had talked about taking Saber as his wife and the trick he had pulled with the sword, Raiden was quickly developing a distaste for the man. Sam had pulled the same dirty trick on him during the raid on World Marshall. It had changed him forever. Awoken Raiden's past.

Jack.

Raiden followed inside the home, still not speaking. What he had seen here had disturbed him greatly. He had a definite sense of unease about the Master/Servant system, and the tactics that Gilgamesh had pulled.

tumblr_mvhpd6mDSE1qzqt8do7_250.gif

Reaching out, he handed the sword to Saber handle first, holding it by the blade carefully. It would still cut even him. He didn't care that the sword had belonged to Gilgamesh. It wasn't his, and he shouldn't have it. Raiden had returned even Sam's blade to his final resting place after the fight with Armstrong. He didn't want anyone else's blade but his own.

"I'm sorry." Were all the words he spoke. He didn't want to have had to cheat like that against the girl, even if he hadn't known he was doing it.

As he handed it back, the sword disappeared in some kind of rift gate. The same kind that they had come from. Gilgamesh's work no doubt.

Raiden had done his best to return to Katsujin-ken. But it had been hard. Everything he'd believed about himself had been torn down. He still fought on with the Life Giving Sword, but he did it with a different way now. He knew Jack was always inside of him, and always would be, waiting to be let out. It just took one push to go over the edge. So he embraced it at times. Be the Life Giving Sword to the weak, but Jack the Ripper his enemies. Be himself only among the ones that were trying to end him.

But he always made sure he was fighting the right people. Enemies were rarely what they seemed, Saber and so many others being the proof of this.

tumblr_nuia5pb2di1s6ub5do3_500.gif

Raiden ate in silence, preferring to let the others do the talking, just like it'd been back at Maverick. He didn't have a lot to say or add honestly. This Murder Game was nothing like the one that had been in Cameron's memories. This seemed to be an actual game of some sorts, where that had just been almost chaos, people killing each other and fighting over nothing but an invisible disease that played havoc with their minds. Not that their morality had been on that straight to begin with.

When some of his power returned though, he accidentally crushed his fork. Reaching over for a new one he reflected on the annoying fact that he was going to have to get used to his strength again. He had more or less adjusted to his new power over the course of a couple of years, but being depowered had actually allowed him freedom of movement again, not having to worry about ripping things apart. That nicety was going away.

tumblr_mvhpd6mDSE1qzqt8do4_250.gif

He wasn't sure why, but Raiden felt the need to stand up for the girl. Maybe cause her story reminded him of his own, though the parallels were far from perfect.

"What would she have had to do to earn your respect Gilgamesh? Sometimes people can't be inspired, only manipulated. I've dedicated my life to fighting people like that, but I can understand why they think like that. People will let you down, be stupid and fall for the most obvious tricks. In the end all you can do is hope for the best from them."

tumblr_mvhpd6mDSE1qzqt8do2_250.gif

"Usually you don't get it."

All of the wars that Raiden had fought over the years had embittered him. He had lost his faith in the people, though not the belief that they should be fought for. That would never change.

tumblr_nsgzfbzyPt1qzqt8do6_250.gif

"Let's go." Raiden said. He'd had enough of waiting around for the killers to strike again. Maybe this Kotomine guy could help. Besides. He didn't like the way his chair was creaking under his massive cyborg frame. As they walked along with Gilgamesh and his group, Raiden chose to speak with the girl that had fought against the larger group so bravely before.

"I'm sorry we had to cross blades. I didn't want it to end up like that, but there wasn't a lot of choice."

Then, continuing on he asked.

"The way you fight. It's not like anything I've seen before. Is it a variation on the European Broadsword technique?"

Then looking turning to Gilgamesh he asked, "Can you copy that trick with a pack of electrolytes? That might save my life in a fight, when it comes down to it."

Raiden didn't say when for a reason. He knew there was another fight coming, and that he was going to be at the center of it. Him and his group the Phoenix Servants.

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Crimson Spartan @Atomyk @coralprime @TheSpringwoodSlasher @DapperDogman @SpringWoodSlasher

As she moved further in the group but remained near Shirou in case of an attack by an enemy, she glanced over to Raiden as he threw an apology her way. As far as she was concerned, Raiden had done enough by returning the blade back to her. Gilgamesh had angered her far beyond the point of reasoning by summoning those blades and it had only been due to Shirou's timely intervention and use of the command seal to force Saber to stand down that she was still here. Otherwise she may have pushed herself too hard in a battle she couldn't even hope to win.

She had no use for the swords herself and even though they belonged to her close friends, they were still not hers to wield. So she let them return to the Gates of Babylon for now. What would become of them from there? She was not sure. But she did know that were they drawn/summoned in her presence again. Murder Game or not, she would not tolerate their use against her.

This however didn't stop her from flashing a small smile in Raiden's direction as he continued to move on past her.

"I believe you've already done far more than I could have hoped to ask of a stranger. You returned that which belonged to a dear comrade of mine back when I was still alive. Now you seek to extend another apology towards me as well? It is not necessary but I will say one thing. I do look forward to when we get the chance to draw blades again. Although it will be on the same side this go around." She smirked before continuing on her stride towards the church.

@ShiroKiyoshi @Crimson Spartan @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Atomyk @DapperDogman @Hospes @coralprime @Thuro The Assassin Potato​

Last edited:
She shook her head slowly. "ITEM was super dismembered. But we were part of the only super field agents. Connecting us is not a super stretch." After that, though, her expression seemed to lighten up, though she was tapping her foot as if she were in a hurry or nervous for something. "But if they're like you said, Hamazura might just be doing something super Hamazaura-y."

@Hospes @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @Mighty Roman

The old man nodded. "I won't let them hurt you. Not as long as I have any say about it."

Ryan was obviously confused by the ongoing discussion. She didn't understand this ITEM and GROUP stuff, but the child didn't like the idea of people coming after her new friend. So, once again, she piped up.

"I'll help protect you, Kinu," she declared, determinedly. "Promise."

@Kaykay @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @Mighty Roman @Verite @Bomb @East​

"See? Now no one can get you." Frank grinned.

Though the idea of Ryan trying to stop, well, anyone probably wouldn't work, Kinuhata couldn't help smiling. "Don't super hurt yourself doing it."
d65b497e79.jpg

This response just earned a bright smile. "Don't worry, Kinu. I'll be super careful," she assured. In total honesty, Ryan failed to realize that there was zip that she could do outside of healing her companions if they got hurt. But, hey, could you blame her for wanting to be helpful?
The old man nodded. "I won't let them hurt you. Not as long as I have any say about it."

This comment also seemed to encourage the child.. Which was either good, or really bad.

@Kaykay @BarrenThin @Gummii Bunnies @Verite @Mighty Roman @Bomb @East​

d65b497e79.jpg

This response just earned a bright smile. "Don't worry, Kinu. I'll be super careful," she assured. In total honesty, Ryan failed to realize that there was zip that she could do outside of healing her companions if they got hurt. But, hey, could you blame her for wanting to be helpful?

This comment also seemed to encourage the child.. Which was either good, or really bad.

@Kaykay @BarrenThin @Gummii Bunnies @Verite @Mighty Roman @Bomb @East​
"...Thanks." She turned to Ryan. "You'd better." She wouldn't let her friend get hurt in her place. "I don't want to super impose, but if my super useless friends survive against Accelerator, can you help them instead?" Kinuhata looked up at Frank.

Wherever they were, it was way too far from Academy City for her to help them now. But Hamazura had already taken on the Meltdowner before. Maybe, just maybe, he could escape the #1.

@BarrenThin @Hospes @Gummi Bunnies @Mighty Roman

Twl0yGHhozA.jpg

"Brains."(I hadn't originally intended for it to go any further than it had. But I guess my charm worked better than I would have liked. Too bad her father didn't approve and brought out the double barreled boy to take care of me and then dump me in some undisclosed grave. Was glad to see that she hadn't changed much at all since I had died. Went through Hell and back to get her and turned her into what I am. Less intelligent than me but so what? I had her back and that's all that mattered. The rest of the city could go up in smoke for all I cared and after we left? It did.")

Stubbs failed to disclose the fact that the child he had with Maggie grew up to become mayor of Punchbowl and tried to have Stubbs killed after he turned Maggie but the undead Maggie actually convinced Stubbs not to kill their son. It was just poor timing that their son didn't' have much of a chance to escape Punchbowl before the bombs dropped. No great loss though in Stubb's eyes. Kid was a little shit anyway. Maybe getting a nuclear weapon dropped on him and his damn city was just what the doctor ordered.

"Brains! Heh, brains."(No real doubt in my mind regarding that. God sure didn't protect the people of that town against the other zombies I helped raise. Heh, you got an outlook I think I can get behind, Gil.) Stubbs smirked before taking another long drag on his cigar with a pleased expression. "Mmm.."

In regards to becoming powerful, Stubbs gave the king of heroes an earnest look before shaking his head. "Brains? Brains."(Honestly? Back when I was alive, I was just Edward 'Stubbs' Stubblefield. Just a traveling salesman trying to make it big in the world or at least try to eek out some kind of meager existence. I just didn't expect to get murdered and end up coming back. Maybe it's some kinda second chance? I've never really given it too much thought. I could walk the Earth until the last inch of flesh rots off my bones and I don't think I'd be upset with that. I've done what I wanted to do, got who I wanted, and nothin else matters. Except stayin in one consistent piece throughout the whole of this game.) He finished having said his piece and getting ready to head off towards the church only to frown at Silk's question.

"Brains? Brains." (What? You think because I'm a zombie, me too dumb to understand human speak? Well lemme tell you something, little miss I'm gonna dress up like some kinda bug. I ain't no run of the mill undead. I'm Stubbs and as you can see I've still got all the smarts I need upstairs. I ain't also gonna eat your brains less ya give me a reason to so calm yourself. But shoot the hell am I saying? You ain't gonna see all of this anyway. Thanks for sticking up for the team anyhow, Gil.) The zombie muttered as he started to shamble off in the direction of the church.

1418087525406s.jpg

Noticing the smile brielfy upon Lon'qu's face and the compliment he paid both her and Shirou, she giggled as she followed behind them with Shirou in tow.

"I'm honestly the one who should be glad that you've allowed me and Shirou to accompany you. It was enough of a fright that Shirou was having flashes of other games and to hear of your plight was enough to inspire me to finally take a stand."

Stubbs however wasn't as keen as the others on letting Saber tag along with them. Looking over his shoulder, his eyes nearly shot out of his head at the fact that the same girl who had cut off his arms and head in record time was following along. With a big friendly smile on her face to boot.

49d82683-a065-4f0f-ade0-915b08d61cd7_zps3xcybhfv.jpg

"Brains! Brains"(Sure Stubbs, we didn't ask for your input or anything. Just let the dame who up and minced and diced me like a nice round of swiss cheese to follow along. That's totally okay! Sheesh, I'm starting to get the opinion that because I'm a zombie, my opinion doesn't matter.)

However while the others would likely just assume that Stubbs was moaning and groaning due to being an undead, Saber could look into Stubbs' words and understood his message clearer than the others could. Flashing a glare the zombie's way, she spoke up to defend her actions of course.

images

"You're free to dislike me as much as you'd like, creature. I hold no ill will towards you or most of the other companions you've found yourself traveling with. But if you think you can hide behind your language barrier to insult me at your whim, then I'm afraid you're gravely mistaken. As for your opinion? I'm sure it matters but only to those whom can understand you. As far as I can see that consists of only myself and Gilgamesh. Not the best choices I'd imagine. As for what happened back at Shirou's home, you can see my actions however you wish. But you're still standing and shambling about are you not? My wounds were not any more fatal than anything else you've endured so far I'm sure."

Stubbs let out a low growl and he was tempted to pull out the ability he had been wanting to use since he ate Shirou's food and got that huge energy boost. But would have only slowed them down and possibly ended up with him losing his head, again.

"Brains." (Whatever. Just keep your sword and yourself as far away from me as possible and we'll have no problems. I can smell my fertilizer scented blood on you and that's not a smell I like smelling on anyone other than me let me tell ya.)

eZ356x3M4CZ0KgVcjoxC7vsvAk47MhbXaU_MCJNSSPe6=w303-h170-p-no

Oh, well now she felt outright rude for having asked. It seemed that behind the laid-back and calm demeanor of this sorcerer, there was something deeper and darker than Saber would have thought. To have such power at your fingertips only to risk losing yourself in the process. It reminded her of the price that those of the Berserker class had to pay. But while Ilya's own Berserker did not seem to mind his servitude to her, the same could not be said for Lancelot. He was one of the most powerful servants she had fought. The only reason she had come out on top was because conveniently around the turning point of their bout, Berserker's master had given up the ghost and used up all of his mana and in turn his life, thus allowing Saber to pick up the win. But at what cost to her own memories?

The mere image of standing before Berserker with Excalibur impaled through his stomach and out the back was one that Saber did not need to see nor did she desire a refresher on.

"..I see. Very well then, continue as you were." She'd say before quickly turning to move onwards. That conversation had gone into a place that Saber had no desire to dwell in.

As she moved further in the group but remained near Shirou in case of an attack by an enemy, she glanced over to Raiden as he threw an apology her way. As far as she was concerned, Raiden had done enough by returning the blade back to her. Gilgamesh had angered her far beyond the point of reasoning by summoning those blades and it had only been due to Shirou's timely intervention and use of the command seal to force Saber to stand down that she was still here. Otherwise she may have pushed herself too hard in a battle she couldn't even hope to win.

She had no use for the swords herself and even though they belonged to her close friends, they were still not hers to wield. So she let them sit in Shirou's home until this Murder Game business was sorted out. Then she would have given them the proper treatment blades with such value deserved.

This however didn't stop her from flashing a small smile in Raiden's direction as he continued to move on past her.

"I believe you've already done far more than I could have hoped to ask of a stranger. You returned that which belonged to a dear comrade of mine back when I was still alive. Now you seek to extend another apology towards me as well? It is not necessary but I will say one thing. I do look forward to when we get the chance to draw blades again. Although it will be on the same side this go around." She smirked before continuing on her stride towards the church.

@ShiroKiyoshi @Crimson Spartan @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Atomyk @DapperDogman @Hospes @coralprime @Thuro The Assassin Potato​
"That zombie complains a lot."

Sean gave a laugh so brief, it was almost a breath. "And, you know this how?"

"Soul Eyes. Use it while he's talking then you'll understand."

"I prefer not to if he really does talk that much."

"I guess..." Edispu was still being dragged refusing to pull his own weight even now as they approached the church. "Say, kid why don't-"

"Shut up. If I let your sin sit any longer it'll be harder for me to remain sane."

"I happen to like crazy."

"Good to know, but others would disagree." Edispu would start to bite and scratch at the leash once more.

"How'd you even create this version of Soul Reaper?!"

"Dunno. Maybe my soul finally reached its limit in attempting to give you baths."

"How much further?" Edispu stopped resisting and let Sean drag him again.

"No idea."

"What if they don't have any holy water?"

"Start counting sheep." Edispu's eyes opened wide as he pointed to Sean and stared back at the group barking. "Since when in the hell could you bark!"

"I'll stop if you let me sit outside the monastery."

"Keep going until your vocal chords give out."

"Challenge accepted." Edispu then continued to bark as loud as he could manage.

@Crimson Spartan @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Atomyk @DapperDogman @Hospes @coralprime @Thuro Assassin Potato @TheSpringwoodSlasher

"...Thanks." She turned to Ryan. "You'd better." She wouldn't let her friend get hurt in her place. "I don't want to super impose, but if my super useless friends survive against Accelerator, can you help them instead?" Kinuhata looked up at Frank.

Wherever they were, it was way too far from Academy City for her to help them now. But Hamazura had already taken on the Meltdowner before. Maybe, just maybe, he could escape the #1.

"If that's what you want. Maybe I can get them to f..." The old man caught himself and looked at Ryan with an awkward smile. "... screw off... Probably not Accelerator, though. He doesn't seem to care about much of anything."

"Heh... Don't worry Kinu, I won't let anything happen to ya. I might not be a specific gamemaster for this Fragment, but having the Endless Sorcerer on your side is super great," Battler grinned as he chimed in. Yeah, he just jumped in now.

@Kaykay @Mighty Roman @Hospes @Bomb @BarrenThin

"Well. Looks like you had a lot to talk about," Erika looked over at Robin when it was clear that their conversation was over. At least the ruckus died down too, her poor head. Though, she did have one little thing in mind, and she couldn't resist.

"... oh Robin-kun~... look at what I have~~"

While her smile was pretty cute to look out, she held a peculiar roll of... duct tape.

@The Tactician @C.T. @El Tigre! @york @Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @Wedge Antilles @CrunchyCHEEZIT @going to the church​

tumblr_inline_nifrgjQ8u11sfvecc.png

"Well, it was q-" Robin froze as Erika drew out the duct tape. After a moment of silent staring, his cheeks began to turn a fierce shade of crimson and he began sputtering, "W-We're not getting early planning done, I can already tell."

@Gummi Bunnies

• Love
Reactions: Gummi Bunnies
"If that's what you want. Maybe I can get them to f..." The old man caught himself and looked at Ryan with an awkward smile. "... screw off... Probably not Accelerator, though. He doesn't seem to care about much of anything."

"Heh... Don't worry Kinu, I won't let anything happen to ya. I might not be a specific gamemaster for this Fragment, but having the Endless Sorcerer on your side is super great," Battler grinned as he chimed in. Yeah, he just jumped in now.

@Kaykay @Mighty Roman @Hospes @Bomb @BarrenThin
This was a surprising amount of back up. "Yeah, I guess he's probably super something else." Most of the Level 5s tended to be rather...unstable. "Thanks," she said to the sorcerer, noticeably more relaxed.

Hamazura, Takitsubo, you super better not die out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.