• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cinder Fall
@Verite @Kaykay @C.T.
tumblr_inline_neegbsxJcz1sk47ji.png

"We're with no such people..." Cinder said, sighing a little, she didn't feel the urge to fight this time around, as she had been intending to seek answers... Instead, she kept her guard up, prepared to fiht incase the woman was unable to listen to any form of reason...​
"...that was a start." Ryuko admitted as they were caught, and she just observed quietly until that latest bit. Her cautious and curious expression faded, replaced with more out and out wariness. Alongside more than a fair share of anger. "Oh yeah? And what the hell is that supposed to mean, huh?" Ryuko growled, leaning against one of the walls almost casually, belying the slight tensing of her muscles underneath, ready to jump right in if this went how she was expecting it was about to go.

@Verite @york @Kaykay
Gosh dang it Cinder.

"That's what she super calls it, but we're supposed to be finding something. It's no game, it's super work," she tried to assure Mugino, though it didn't seem it'd help much with Mugino already ready to go on the offensive.

...Minato fought her? And lived? He was a lot stronger than she'd figured. But that didn't matter now. A level 4 was no match for a level 5. As her, perhaps former, teammate, she knew that especially well. And she doubted the two people she happened to be with happened to be on par with a level 5.

"If I super knew where they were, I'd have told you," Kinuhata lied, keeping her voice steady. She really didn't know where they were, so that made it a little easier. However she was still tensed up, ready to make a run for it at any moment.

@C.T. @york @Verite
"Finding what... Finding Hamazura? Finding him and Takitsubo for your own purposes? You're definitely hiding something from me, Kinuhata... If I were a more naive person, more treacherous snakes like Frenda would still be running around, and I can't very well have that. It really is annoying, you know... to be as revered as I am, as the Meltdowner of Academy City, and..."

The woman's hands glowed even more with the green energy, as though preparing an attack.

"... And to have people think they can fuck around with me. That's why I'll make sure to find the location of those traitors, even if it means killing you and your friends, Kinuhata."

tumblr_mogglfT1Gh1rxzudco2_250.gif

It was evident that she seemed to be blaming you all for something you really didn't have any part in, but in her seemingly crazed, delusional state, it looked like she wasn't about to have any of that. Though maybe Minato and Robin might know more about that if you'd ask them the next time you saw them. If you were interested enough, perhaps they could shed some more light on the event.

... Assuming you'd live long enough to meet them again.

"I really didn't want it to end like this, Kinuhata. I really did like you, but like with everyone else, it looks like I'll have to let you go."

She certainly didn't look sad, but then again, her emotions seemed outta whack at the moment.

tumblr_nvtzaq3hKn1u1wxpxo2_540.gif

With that, she would swing her arm around, creating what seemed to be green balls of energy. Without any warning, they would morph into energy beams and shoot straight at you all!

@york @Kaykay @C.T.

In battle, it was foolhardy and practically suicidal to just stay still, no matter how strong you were. Even Teitoku Kakine knew this.

With that being said, he kept moving, flying through the air with his strange angel wings, at mach speeds. Speeds that rivaled that of the weapons from the Gate of Babylon that would come his way. As Ryner would give his speech, the Esper would simply listen to what the so-called magician had to say, as though it intrigued him. As though finally, he had found something interesting.

"Interesting, interesting, interesting... VERY, VERY INTERESTING!" Kakine grinned, letting out a small laugh, before continuing to fly around, circling you all at supersonic speeds, "Ending the game... Not a bad idea! But you don't seem to realize that I call the shots here, you cocky bastard! The only way the game ends is when you all die!"

Without missing a beat, he would hover above you all again, extending his wings and letting the light from the bright moon and stars present light it up. Through diffraction of these lights in the unseen holes in his wings, this phenomena that defied the laws of physics, as his Dark Matter wings defied these laws by simply existing, would give off a bright ray that would seemingly burn those under him.

"So you fancy yourself a god, huh?! That's what the Number One was called back home. The One Who Wielded the Power of God! Though my own title, The One Who Has Touched the Territory of God, isn't as flashy, I think it's enough to suffice!" Kakine exclaimed, rushing straight towards Ryner and throwing a fist powered by his momentum, intending to send the magician crashing straight into the castle's walls behind!

@DapperDogman @BarrenThin @Hospes @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @The Silver Paladin @Crimson Spartan @Bomb @Gen. Gwazi Senpai
"Fool" in an instant a blue disc would form before him, erasing his fist, should he decide to continue with his swing
His eyes narrowed as he held his palm up, the existance of the foe before him already within his mind as his brain knew the very equations that made up those wings, those precious, special, physics defying wings
"Erase" he says simply, slowly beginning to destroy his wings with his mind, and a single, cold word
Ryner's powers deleted things with anti-magic properties with ease, surely he'd have no issue destroying a pair of fancy wings

"I bring forth nothing. I spare nothing. I just destroy...Completely"

With a crushing motion the wings, if affected at all, would shatter into tiny flecks of colour
If not, the wind would stop, before all rushing at the male, aiming to hold him in place
Ryner+lute+_9e959b8cbf91d4ad468fff767d00cabc.jpg

"Maybe I should erase your lives?"
He nods slowly, before erasing the equations which gave this male his 'infinite' lives
"You think yourself powerful? You are nothing to me, just like that fool Fiamma"
"You fancy yourself some kind of force to be reckoned with...You. Are. Nothing"
"And soon, Fiamma will become nothing too, by my hand or by another's!"
"YOU AND YOUR PATHETIC MASTER WILL BECOME NOTHING!"

His hand swipes horizontally through the air, sending the wind to bisect him all at once

ryner_lute_alpha_stigma.jpg

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Hospes @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @The Silver Paladin @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Bomb @Verite @Illya Group​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: BarrenThin
"Finding what... Finding Hamazura? Finding him and Takitsubo for your own purposes? You're definitely hiding something from me, Kinuhata... If I were a more naive person, more treacherous snakes like Frenda would still be running around, and I can't very well have that. It really is annoying, you know... to be as revered as I am, as the Meltdowner of Academy City, and..."

The woman's hands glowed even more with the green energy, as though preparing an attack.

"... And to have people think they can fuck around with me. That's why I'll make sure to find the location of those traitors, even if it means killing you and your friends, Kinuhata."

It was evident that she seemed to be blaming you all for something you really didn't have any part in, but in her seemingly crazed, delusional state, it looked like she wasn't about to have any of that. Though maybe Minato and Robin might know more about that if you'd ask them the next time you saw them. If you were interested enough, perhaps they could shed some more light on the event.

"I really didn't want it to end like this, Kinuhata. I really did like you, but like with everyone else, it looks like I'll have to let you go."

She certainly didn't look sad, but then again, her emotions seemed outta whack at the moment.

With that, she would swing her arm around, creating what seemed to be green balls of energy. Without any warning, they would morph into energy beams and shoot straight at you all!

@york @Kaykay @C.T.
Cinder Fall
@Verite @Kaykay @C.T.
gCG_BcJI_400x400.jpeg

Cinder, upon realizing this would have to escalate to a fight suddenly jumped upwards, narrowly avoiding the beams with rather swift movements, her eyes suddenly glowed a bright orange color as she suddenly moved her hands rapidly, hot magma already gathering in both of her hands... Then, she launched a barrage of magma projectiles from her position in the air before she landed, moving quickly in an attempt to avoid any other attacks that might be aimed towards her...

@york @Kaykay @C.T.
Yeah, talking wasn't gonna get any of them anywhere when she was like this. So there was only one reasonable course of action.

Run.

...Or at least, that would've been the case if the Meltdowner didn't just blast right through pretty much everything. It was actually safer to stick around so they could see the blasts, and not just get blown away randomly through a wall or something.

Besides, even Hamazura had managed a win on her, right? Surely she could do anything he could.

Kinuhata quickly rolled away and tried to find cover. Though it was useless against the Meltdowner, it made her feel safer, and perhaps would keep Mugino from focusing in on her. Pulling out her pistol...ah crap, she'd given that to Frank, hadn't she? And here she thought with her Offense Armor there'd be no way she'd need that thing.

So instead, the girl tried to sneak closer to Mugino, hoping whatever this Cinder person could do would be distracting enough.

@C.T. @york @Verite

Misaka blinked at Awaki in confusion. "Number 7...?" Misaka turned her head to stare at Gunha, seeing the boy in a whole new light.

tnVFp4w.png

I've been traveling with another Level 5 all this time?

"... L-Look, just find us a way in there so we can find the sword," Misaka said, turning back to Awaki. She was ambivalent about being here, but she had to figure it made sense for the Jeweled Sword to be here. Kuroko could probably easily get them inside, but Misaka was thankful she didn't have to include her friend in this regardless. "That's all that matters now."

Sans seemed amused by the appearance of Ilona. He looked off to the side briefly as he shrugged his shoulders.

syhck4h.jpg

when we play pretend, definitely.

qAowe10.jpg

can't say i really thought of making bones into flutes.

... sounds a bit barbaric, if you ask me. you any good at music, kid?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gibbons @Verite @Mari @Wedge Antilles @Jeremi @coralprime

"Fool" in an instant a blue disc would form before him, erasing his fist, should he decide to continue with his swing
His eyes narrowed as he held his palm up, the existance of the foe before him already within his mind as his brain knew the very equations that made up those wings, those precious, special, physics defying wings
"Erase" he says simply, slowly beginning to destroy his wings with his mind, and a single, cold word
Ryner's powers deleted things with anti-magic properties with ease, surely he'd have no issue destroying a pair of fancy wings

"I bring forth nothing. I spare nothing. I just destroy...Completely"

With a crushing motion the wings, if affected at all, would shatter into tiny flecks of colour
If not, the wind would stop, before all rushing at the male, aiming to hold him in place
Ryner+lute+_9e959b8cbf91d4ad468fff767d00cabc.jpg

"Maybe I should erase your lives?"
He nods slowly, before erasing the equations which gave this male his 'infinite' lives
"You think yourself powerful? You are nothing to me, just like that fool Fiamma"
"You fancy yourself some kind of force to be reckoned with...You. Are. Nothing"
"And soon, Fiamma will become nothing too, by my hand or by another's!"
"YOU AND YOUR PATHETIC MASTER WILL BECOME NOTHING!"

His hand swipes horizontally through the air, sending the wind to bisect him all at once

ryner_lute_alpha_stigma.jpg

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Hospes @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @The Silver Paladin @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Bomb @Verite @Illya Group​
With that, Teitoku Kakine's body appeared to be cut up by the mighty, magical winds sent by Ryner, his body would cease to move as the upper half of his body appeared to be destroyed.

However, the legs continued to stand, rather than fall down like dead pieces of meat.

1c9168115f47b2b0a53b6193765a4861.png

"Maaaan... So that's how you do it," the voice of Kakine would speak, even though he had no mouth to speak with, "Not bad. You by yourself could possibly take on the Accelerator, I'll give you that much, but..." He continued, before stopping for a brief moment as it appeared that his body was reconstructing itself through his own Dark Matter, right up until his face was reconstructed, his likeness now resembling that of a grotesque, hideous monster.

f30dc4c2f24278a986d90016a6ba67dc.png

"I may just be the Number Two compared to him being the Number One, but if he could beat me that easily, I wouldn't even still be alive. Just like you, his powers are all about mathematical equations being processed at such speeds that would put our modern supercomputers to shame," Kakine spoke, seeming to going on about comparing Ryner to this so-called Number One, whoever he was, "But I think there's been a misunderstanding. To some, Dark Matter might mean material that has not yet been discovered by humans, but when associated with me, Dark Matter refers to material that did not exist until I willed it into existence. Simply put, what I want to exist... will exist."

"You can process the superficial shit like my body, but you can't manipulate my Dark Matter. That's my territory. Still, I'll give you enough points to grant you the high score. Haven't had my body destroyed so easily ever since Accelerator ripped me apart, and it took me quite a while to regenerate from that, but now, at this point, not even subatomic destruction can kill me."

"That being said, maybe you could erase my soul? That'd be interesting to see! But I won't risk letting you do that!"

Sure liked to gloat, he did.

With that, he would create projectiles resembling boulders from his Dark Matter and place them in the air, before hurling them straight towards all of you, specifically aiming for a good concussion by hitting the heads!

"Another thing... who the fuck is Fiamma of the Whatever?"

What a twist?

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Hospes @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @The Silver Paladin @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Bomb @DapperDogman

Cinder Fall
@Verite @Kaykay @C.T.
gCG_BcJI_400x400.jpeg

Cinder, upon realizing this would have to escalate to a fight suddenly jumped upwards, narrowly avoiding the beams with rather swift movements, her eyes suddenly glowed a bright orange color as she suddenly moved her hands rapidly, hot magma already gathering in both of her hands... Then, she launched a barrage of magma projectiles from her position in the air before she landed, moving quickly in an attempt to avoid any other attacks that might be aimed towards her...
Yeah, talking wasn't gonna get any of them anywhere when she was like this. So there was only one reasonable course of action.

Run.

...Or at least, that would've been the case if the Meltdowner didn't just blast right through pretty much everything. It was actually safer to stick around so they could see the blasts, and not just get blown away randomly through a wall or something.

Besides, even Hamazura had managed a win on her, right? Surely she could do anything he could.

Kinuhata quickly rolled away and tried to find cover. Though it was useless against the Meltdowner, it made her feel safer, and perhaps would keep Mugino from focusing in on her. Pulling out her pistol...ah crap, she'd given that to Frank, hadn't she? And here she thought with her Offense Armor there'd be no way she'd need that thing.

So instead, the girl tried to sneak closer to Mugino, hoping whatever this Cinder person could do would be distracting enough.

@C.T. @york @Verite
KQyhp0x.gif

Creating what appeared to be a shield with her ability, Mugino would easily disintegrate the magma projectiles that would come her way, erasing them at a subatomic level into absolute nothingness.

"Hold still, HOLD STILL, fucking pest! I can't promise you a painless death if you keep moving... Assuming I'll be able to grant you one even if you do stop!" The woman exclaimed, converting her shield into an energy beam that she would use to shoot behind Cinder and Ryuuko, cutting through what remained of the wall behind, which would result in quite the explosion, while also seemingly paying little mind to Kinuhata in the meantime.

tumblr_mnou97GcFD1qgelpbo2_500.gif

Quite scatter-brained since Kinuhata seemed like Mugino's primary target with all their talking, but perhaps being that bloodlusted and crazy did that to a woman.

@york @Kaykay @C.T.

"Look, kid, I'm just a concept. I don't have any individual wants or desires of my own. I'm like a plant. I just do what I do to live, and I feed off acts of evil like murder. That's why... it's necessary to influence the impressionable to give me what I need," the Avenger said, reaching over and starting to pat Eve on the head with his hand.

"But it's no fun when people have the delusions that they think they can make up for what they did by bowing their heads and saying sorry over and over again, y'know? That's why I gotta ask, will you choose that boring, pointless choice that will only bring you into deeper despair, or will you accept what you truly are underneath? Hmm?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

tumblr_inline_nl2he14khz1r3leyb.png

Eve stepped back away from Avenger when he began to pat her on the head, not liking his touch. She wasn't a huge fan of being touched by anyone unless she knew them at least as a friend. "Your analogy is flawed. Plants cannot talk and ask me questions. Maybe you should try to find a better explanation next time," she told him, pulling no punches with her words.

"Anyhow, I won't apologize to the others, not because apologizing will bring me despair but because it's pointless to apologize to people who won't forgive me. I'm sure they'd rather I stayed away and said nothing to them. It's probably better that way." Eve paused before adding, "I've already accepted what I am: a demon, but that doesn't mean anything. Just because I accept that I've been a killer doesn't mean I have to continue killing. If your influences were a faux and killing for you will not help me save my friend, I will not keep killing."

Eve quieted again, thinking for a moment before wondering aloud, "If this is supposed to be a purification process, why am I speaking to the embodiment of evil? How is this supposed to help anything?"

@Verite

latest

As Misaka and the others would venture towards District 7, night would fall, and as they would reach the place, the structure that Mari and Pyro were at would glow quite brightly. This was the Windowless Building, the very center of Academy City, as Misaka and Gunha might know. A building with no entrances, exits, windows, or anything. Just about no way to get in... unless one were to be teleported inside.

On top of bumping into Mari and Pyro, who had also been in the area, you would find yourself coming into contact with a young woman sporting twin tails, a jacket, shorts, and bandages over her body.

tumblr_inline_mxfkvtdbNf1roks1t.jpg

"Ah, the Railgun and the Number 7. So this is how far Tsuchimikado's connections reach," the girl said, seemingly recognizing Misaka and Gunha, "Oh, sorry. Guess we haven't really interacted that much before. Your reputation precedes you guys, just like the Accelerator's did. The name's Awaki Musujime. Nice to meetcha. I'll be your guide, assuming you're here to find that Jeweled Sword."

"Are you all ready? The boss would especially like to see you, Railgun, Attack Crash, considering the Accelerator's... absent right now, Dark Matter's off doing something else, and Meltdowner's... doing her own thing. He's been concentrating an awful lot on you Level 5s recently. But I suppose you should wait until you see Crowley for yourself, hmm?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gibbons @Atomyk @Mari @Wedge Antilles @Jeremi @coralprime
"You've got a gutsy sense of style, lady." Indeed, both wore their jackets as makeshift capes. So cool. "I guess you already know who I am, but just call me Gunha."
Misaka blinked at Awaki in confusion. "Number 7...?" Misaka turned her head to stare at Gunha, seeing the boy in a whole new light.

tnVFp4w.png

"... L-Look, just find us a way in there so we can find the sword," Misaka said, turning back to Awaki. She was ambivalent about being here, but she had to figure it made sense for the Jeweled Sword to be here. Kuroko could probably easily get them inside, but Misaka was thankful she didn't have to include her friend in this regardless. "That's all that matters now."

Sans seemed amused by the appearance of Ilona. He looked off to the side briefly as he shrugged his shoulders.

syhck4h.jpg

qAowe10.jpg

"Eh? You don't remember me? You showed me a lot of guts, you know!"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Verite @Mari @Wedge Antilles @Jeremi @coralprime

Ugh, was this more timeline nonsense? If it was, Misaka was already tired of it. If this guy had recognized her all this time, why hadn't he said anything? It was probably best just to go with it at this point.

bt0klfC.png

"Uh, I... sure, I... totally remember. I'm glad you got to see a lot of... guts." Letting out a sigh, Misaka tried not to laugh at herself.

@Gibbons

latest

As Misaka and the others would venture towards District 7, night would fall, and as they would reach the place, the structure that Mari and Pyro were at would glow quite brightly. This was the Windowless Building, the very center of Academy City, as Misaka and Gunha might know. A building with no entrances, exits, windows, or anything. Just about no way to get in... unless one were to be teleported inside.

On top of bumping into Mari and Pyro, who had also been in the area, you would find yourself coming into contact with a young woman sporting twin tails, a jacket, shorts, and bandages over her body.

tumblr_inline_mxfkvtdbNf1roks1t.jpg

"Ah, the Railgun and the Number 7. So this is how far Tsuchimikado's connections reach," the girl said, seemingly recognizing Misaka and Gunha, "Oh, sorry. Guess we haven't really interacted that much before. Your reputation precedes you guys, just like the Accelerator's did. The name's Awaki Musujime. Nice to meetcha. I'll be your guide, assuming you're here to find that Jeweled Sword."

"Are you all ready? The boss would especially like to see you, Railgun, Attack Crash, considering the Accelerator's... absent right now, Dark Matter's off doing something else, and Meltdowner's... doing her own thing. He's been concentrating an awful lot on you Level 5s recently. But I suppose you should wait until you see Crowley for yourself, hmm?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gibbons @Atomyk @Mari @Wedge Antilles @Jeremi @coralprime

tnVFp4w.png

syhck4h.jpg

qAowe10.jpg

Feeling uncertain about Awaki and the situation at hand, Ilona paid little mind to them for the time being. She watched the situation with just a little bit of interest, but placed most of her focus on speaking with Sans for the time being.

tWL0Kdi.png

"He's only good at playing pretend with a sword? How disappointing! I was hoping he would be another master I could train under," Ilona replied, sounding disappointed.

"But, if singing hymns of praise to the almighty sun count as being good at music, perhaps I am rather skilled!" the blonde eagerly chirped. "If not, I can't say I'm certain. I am half Disney princess the daughter of a wonderful singer though, so I could be!"

0c2YIEI.gif

Ilona attempted an uncertain melodically whistle, as if to test the idea, but quickly moved on to another question afterwards. "Are either of you any good with music? If you find a bone flute to be an unfitting music maker, a song from your own mouth could be just as lovely a gift!"

The girl quiet for a moment, suddenly realizing something.

"Forgive my rude behavior! I have yet to tell you my name. You may call me Ilona, boney comrade!"

@Atomyk @Verite

Ugh, was this more timeline nonsense? If it was, Misaka was already tired of it. If this guy had recognized her all this time, why hadn't he said anything? It was probably best just to go with it at this point.

bt0klfC.png

"Uh, I... sure, I... totally remember. I'm glad you got to see a lot of... guts." Letting out a sigh, Misaka tried not to laugh at herself.

@Gibbons
Gunha thought he'd made a little more of an impact on her since she seemed pretty surprised when he caught her Railgun with his teeth, but no matter.
814e91b6e1890684df86741b597e11c7.png

"Great! And it's okay, you got to see my guts too, so don't worry that you showed me your guts for nothing. By the way, did you ever get around to beating that guy that you were using me as a stepping stone for?"

With that, Teitoku Kakine's body appeared to be cut up by the mighty, magical winds sent by Ryner, his body would cease to move as the upper half of his body appeared to be destroyed.

However, the legs continued to stand, rather than fall down like dead pieces of meat.

1c9168115f47b2b0a53b6193765a4861.png

"Maaaan... So that's how you do it," the voice of Kakine would speak, even though he had no mouth to speak with, "Not bad. You by yourself could possibly take on the Accelerator, I'll give you that much, but..." He continued, before stopping for a brief moment as it appeared that his body was reconstructing itself through his own Dark Matter, right up until his face was reconstructed, his likeness now resembling that of a grotesque, hideous monster.

f30dc4c2f24278a986d90016a6ba67dc.png

"I may just be the Number Two compared to him being the Number One, but if he could beat me that easily, I wouldn't even still be alive. Just like you, his powers are all about mathematical equations being processed at such speeds that would put our modern supercomputers to shame," Kakine spoke, seeming to going on about comparing Ryner to this so-called Number One, whoever he was, "But I think there's been a misunderstanding. To some, Dark Matter might mean material that has not yet been discovered by humans, but when associated with me, Dark Matter refers to material that did not exist until I willed it into existence. Simply put, what I want to exist... will exist."

"You can process the superficial shit like my body, but you can't manipulate my Dark Matter. That's my territory. Still, I'll give you enough points to grant you the high score. Haven't had my body destroyed so easily ever since Accelerator ripped me apart, and it took me quite a while to regenerate from that, but now, at this point, not even subatomic destruction can kill me."

"That being said, maybe you could erase my soul? That'd be interesting to see! But I won't risk letting you do that!"

Sure liked to gloat, he did.

With that, he would create projectiles resembling boulders from his Dark Matter and place them in the air, before hurling them straight towards all of you, specifically aiming for a good concussion by hitting the heads!

"Another thing... who the fuck is Fiamma of the Whatever?"

What a twist?

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Hospes @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @The Silver Paladin @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Bomb @DapperDogman

Ryner's eyes widened in shock. Well, he wasn't really Ryner right now. This was the Lonesome Devil using him as a puppet, but damn, this guy impressed even him
"You are strong" he says, nodding slightly "Almost on par with the one who defeated me aeons before...But I will say this much" He stops, his eyes glowing with renewed power "He couldn't kill me, all he could do was split me into two"

"That's right, this is merely half of my power!"
Ryner's shields would raise up, aiming to block the oncoming waves of Dark Matter

He couldn't delete this man's dark matter, it would seem, but maybe like he'd said, he could delete his soul...

"I will tell you something, Regenerator" His smirk vanished for a second, as his tone become deadly serious "You are the only person for many, many years who has actually presented me with a worthy challenge, I will remember this fight for eternity"

"Using a material beyond the reach of the Lonesome Devil, a feat I did not think possible, truly, you were quite the foe"
"But now this frivolous exercise must come to it's conclusion. It's been fun"

With that, he'd attempt to delete his foe's consciousness itself

Ryner's eyes widened in shock. Well, he wasn't really Ryner right now. This was the Lonesome Devil using him as a puppet, but damn, this guy impressed even him
"You are strong" he says, nodding slightly "Almost on par with the one who defeated me aeons before...But I will say this much" He stops, his eyes glowing with renewed power "He couldn't kill me, all he could do was split me into two"

Ryner's shields would raise up, aiming to block the oncoming waves of Dark Matter

He couldn't delete this man's dark matter, it would seem, but maybe like he'd said, he could delete his soul...

"I will tell you something, Regenerator" His smirk vanished for a second, as his tone become deadly serious "You are the only person for many, many years who has actually presented me with a worthy challenge, I will remember this fight for eternity"

"Using a material beyond the reach of the Lonesome Devil, a feat I did not think possible, truly, you were quite the foe"

"A-Ah... actually, I'll just let you handle that!" Erika still held her Scythe of Truth as she backed off, letting Ryner take care of this. Or was it some other force that was almost like the Voyager Witches? The detective couldn't be sure, so she was wise enough to stay out of this. Actually... now that she wasn't so occupied with the fight... where the hell did the Endless Sorcerer go?

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Hospes @The Tactician @DapperDogman @The Silver Paladin @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Bomb @Verite @Illya Group​

KQyhp0x.gif

Creating what appeared to be a shield with her ability, Mugino would easily disintegrate the magma projectiles that would come her way, erasing them at a subatomic level into absolute nothingness.

"Hold still, HOLD STILL, fucking pest! I can't promise you a painless death if you keep moving... Assuming I'll be able to grant you one even if you do stop!" The woman exclaimed, converting her shield into an energy beam that she would use to shoot behind Cinder and Ryuuko, cutting through what remained of the wall behind, which would result in quite the explosion, while also seemingly paying little mind to Kinuhata in the meantime.

tumblr_mnou97GcFD1qgelpbo2_500.gif

Quite scatter-brained since Kinuhata seemed like Mugino's primary target with all their talking, but perhaps being that bloodlusted and crazy did that to a woman.

@york @Kaykay @C.T.
There was no way Kinuhata could take Mugino in a fair fight. But once she was close, all Kinuhata had to do was swing her arm. In close quarters, even some of the level 5's would be able to fall to her.

And Mugino was one of them.

But if the young esper slammed her hand into a meltdowner shield, she was done for. Fortunately, she seemed a bit busy, and was firing at Cinder and Ryuko. The esper tried to make her way behind Mugino, to increase her chances at surprise. Kinuhata decided to take a risk and dart to Mugino while she was unaware, aiming a punch towards her body. She didn't want to kill her, but there were going to be some serious internal injuries if she landed her punch.

@C.T. @york @Verite

tnVFp4w.png

syhck4h.jpg

qAowe10.jpg

"You've got a gutsy sense of style, lady." Indeed, both wore their jackets as makeshift capes. So cool. "I guess you already know who I am, but just call me Gunha."

"Eh? You don't remember me? You showed me a lot of guts, you know!"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Verite @Mari @Wedge Antilles @Jeremi @coralprime
Feeling uncertain about Awaki and the situation at hand, Ilona paid little mind to them for the time being. She watched the situation with just a little bit of interest, but placed most of her focus on speaking with Sans for the time being.

tWL0Kdi.png

"He's only good at playing pretend with a sword? How disappointing! I was hoping he would be another master I could train under," Ilona replied, sounding disappointed.

"But, if singing hymns of praise to the almighty sun count as being good at music, perhaps I am rather skilled!" the blonde eagerly chirped. "If not, I can't say I'm certain. I am half Disney princess the daughter of a wonderful singer though, so I could be!"

0c2YIEI.gif

Ilona attempted an uncertain melodically whistle, as if to test the idea, but quickly moved on to another question afterwards. "Are either of you any good with music? If you find a bone flute to be an unfitting music maker, a song from your own mouth could be just as lovely a gift!"

The girl quiet for a moment, suddenly realizing something.

"Forgive my rude behavior! I have yet to tell you my name. You may call me Ilona, boney comrade!"

@Atomyk @Verite
tumblr_inline_mxfl06vkVB1roks1t.jpg

"Well, well. What a colorful bunch of characters we have here. A little girl, two Level 5s... uh, two skeletons... and... a pirate?"

Huh.

"... Man, Tsuchimikado wasn't kidding when he talked about how you could meet all these weird people around. I'm glad I wasn't sucked into all this business," the girl named Musujime said, continuing to twirl her flashlight around, before aiming it at all of you, "Anyway, like I said to Kurihara over there, the boss in there has it waiting for you, but he'd rather prefer talking to you first before getting it, so if you don't mind..." She spoke, before making use of her Esper ability on you all.

Move Point. In short, teleportation.

Before you all knew it, you would suddenly find yourself... in a completely different environment than the one you were in mere seconds ago. Gone was the cool wind of the outside of Academy City, and replaced was the still air of the structure you stood in. You had all been effectively teleported into the Windowless Building.

Before you all stood a strange, cylinder-like tube in the center of the room you stood, filled with some sort of unidentifiable liquid. And in the middle of it floated... a person. A man that could be mistaken for a woman. A saint, yet a devil. An adult, yet like a child.

A man of science, yet one that also dwelled in the realm of magic.

latest

The person gave you an intense, yet apathetic look.

His very existence was like a contradiction. Misaka and Gunha could almost feel like they knew the man, even though they had never met him before, most likely.

"..."

He stayed silent for a moment, as though contemplating what to say, before finally speaking.

"So you've come, all according to how I predicted," the man spoke, not even blinking once as he spoke, "An even more ideal result, as a matter of fact. I am glad the Number Three and Number Seven could make it as participants of this Murder Game."

3tQowP0.jpg

"I am Aleister Crowley. The General Superintendent and founder of Academy City. It is a pleasure to finally meet you all. I assume you are all here for the Jeweled Sword?"

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gibbons @Mari @Wedge Antilles @coralprime

tumblr_inline_nl2he14khz1r3leyb.png

Eve stepped back away from Avenger when he began to pat her on the head, not liking his touch. She wasn't a huge fan of being touched by anyone unless she knew them at least as a friend. "Your analogy is flawed. Plants cannot talk and ask me questions. Maybe you should try to find a better explanation next time," she told him, pulling no punches with her words.

"Anyhow, I won't apologize to the others, not because apologizing will bring me despair but because it's pointless to apologize to people who won't forgive me. I'm sure they'd rather I stayed away and said nothing to them. It's probably better that way." Eve paused before adding, "I've already accepted what I am: a demon, but that doesn't mean anything. Just because I accept that I've been a killer doesn't mean I have to continue killing. If your influences were a faux and killing for you will not help me save my friend, I will not keep killing."

Eve quieted again, thinking for a moment before wondering aloud, "If this is supposed to be a purification process, why am I speaking to the embodiment of evil? How is this supposed to help anything?"

@Verite
ZKwHazI.png

"Oh, ouch. You wound me with such words," Avenger replied to Eve, admittedly a little bit taken aback by her response, before looking down at the girl with a slightly more serious expression.

126T9KT.png

"So that's what they're calling it? A purification process? Tch, I suppose that wouldn't be inaccurate, though how would I know? This is the first time I've appeared in your mind. As the shadowy influence that I liked to believe was a reason that you killed," he said, taking a brief breath, "I guess the process is supposed to be that you reject this evil from your mind, and I'll be banished from your head."

Seems reasonable, right?

"Which is a shame, really. Your head's a comfy place to hang out in."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Papyrus gave his brother the old side-eye. (... It's a figure of speech, ok)

ugh_zps20l1uysc.jpg

SANS, OF COURSE I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, KNOW HOW TO USE A SWORD!!! I'M NOT AN IDIOT!!

ughhh_zps7k7jnaqd.jpg

I MEAN, I'VE NEVER *FOUGHT* WITH A SWORD BEFORE...

ughh_zpscv6c6rdf.jpg

BUT KNOWING AND DOING ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS, NYEH HEH!! BUT HOW HARD COULD IT BE??? CERTAINLY NOT FOR A STRONG AND HANDSOME ROYAL GUARD!!!

ughhh_zps7k7jnaqd.jpg

I MEAN, I GUESS I'M *TECHNICALLY* NOT A ROYAL GUARD YET...

ughhhhh_zpsrr7yvzf4.png

BUT I STILL HAVE TWO OUT OF THREE!!! NOT BAD!!!!

ughh_zpscv6c6rdf.jpg

ALTHOUGH I DO LIKE MY WEAPONS A BIT MORE

ughhh_zps7k7jnaqd.jpg

BONE-Y. NEVERTHELESS!!!!!

He turned triumphantly to Ilona.

ughhhhh_zpsrr7yvzf4.png

WORRY NOT, HUMAN CHILD!!! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AM HAPPY TO GRANT YOU THE HONOR OF CALLING ME YOUR MASTER!!!

ALTHOUGH...

ughhhh_zpstmahd1ul.jpg

... ISN'T YOUR SWORD KIND OF... SMALL?? DO YOU KEEP YOUR REAL SWORD IN YOUR BACK POCKET??? OR SOMETHING??? IN YOUR GIANT, TEN-FOOT-DEEP BACK POCKET???

He probably didn't notice that they all had been teleported. He's kind of on a roll right now.

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Jeremi @Gibbons @Mari @Wedge Antilles

POXRhLt.jpg

i could train you in the art of hilarious jokes.

y'know, just for a laugh.

TCObrgQ.jpg

besides, my brother does have a point. he could probably teach you something. he has a special attack, after all.

Sans seemed happy with Ilona's hesitant whistling. He really wouldn't have minded hearing you sing, Ilona.

though, i'm afraid i don't have the lungs for singing.

As the conversation went on, Misaka was stopped short in her own. Where did this guy get off asking her stuff like that? She tried not to look annoyed as she crossed her arms, looking away slightly in thought. "Yeah, of course I did," she said confidently, deciding that whoever he meant, she probably really would have beat him. It was pretty likely, right? "Anyway, don't worry about it. We're here now, so no sense thinking about the past."

It was then that Misaka found herself and the others transported inside. Her insides churned during the movement, even though teleportation was common to her thanks to Kuroko. Perhaps it was the environment she now found herself in, the inside of the Windowless Building feeling almost lifeless. She wasn't sure what she'd expected, but it felt like they had walked into an entirely different world. It had a mystical element to it, though maybe that was just the impression she was getting from the man floating above them. An uneasy feeling of familiarity came over Misaka at the sight of him. She had so many questions she could lob at this man, but none of them mattered in the face of their goal.

"What do we have to do to obtain it?" she asked.

Meanwhile, Sans had taken this all rather nonchalantly. His bro was barely even paying attention to it either. He turned to Ilona and offered her a hand to shake on this meeting.

qAowe10.jpg

nice to meet ya, kid. i'm sans.

"A-Ah... actually, I'll just let you handle that!" Erika still held her Scythe of Truth as she backed off, letting Ryner take care of this. Or was it some other force that was almost like the Voyager Witches? The detective couldn't be sure, so she was wise enough to stay out of this. Actually... now that she wasn't so occupied with the fight... where the hell did the Endless Sorcerer go?

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Hospes @The Tactician @DapperDogman @The Silver Paladin @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Bomb @Verite @Illya Group​
While Ryner, or rather, the presence that was in control of his body, was speaking, Kakine stood for a while to listen to him, no doubt enjoying the gesture of having his ego be stroked. Still, if there was one thing the two of them agreed on, even if only mentally, it was that one had to end the other, and then the fight would be as good as done.

As the Lonesome Devil would begin finishing up his speech, Kakine would dash towards his opponent at hypersonic speeds, easily breaking the sound barrier on his trip, with his arm sticking out, as though he intended to grab "Ryner." However, it would be too late by the time he'd reach his location.

He would stop just short, his arm mere inches away from his opponent's face, when his very soul, his very existence, would begin to be erased. When his body was destroyed, his soul was untouched. However, it did not apply vice versa. As such, when his soul began to dissipate, as did his body.

After all, his body had ceased to be that of a normal human's long ago. Now, Dark Matter was not something he created. Dark Matter was him, in essence. Which seemed to work both ways in this case.

abBWHc9.png

Letting out a shriek like the monster that he looked like, he contorted around in agonizing pain, but through his pain, his determination to win still remained, for better or for worse.

In his attempt to try to get back at Ryner with what little time he had left, Kakine would reach his arm out towards Ryner's face. However, the more he would try to reach, the more his arm would disappear, and thus, the more he'd have to reach out. Soon, his entire arm had disappeared, and then his other arm, and the rest of his body...

"Fuck... No... can't... like this... Still need... fight Accelerator! I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE NUMBER ONE!!"

And with those unceremonious last words, Teitoku Kakine disappeared from reality.

And then, as if on cue, Illya had reappeared, now dressed in something far more formal than the Winter clothing she was in before. Sporting a dress and a crown, she looked just like a princess from some fantasy novel, or something to that degree. Even the way she acted seemed to be different now. Gone was the child-like expressions that she made before, and now, she had looked more mature than ever before, letting out an air akin to that of a genuine princess.

It appeared that after the long journey, she had found it. The Dress of Heaven.

latest

"... It looks like I came back in the nick of time, then?" She only said, before looking at herself in the dress, "... It's been quite a while since I've worn this. I didn't think I'd actually be able to find it like this. How do I look?" Illya would ask you all, giving a small twirl.

Well, at her core, it looked like she was the same ol', right?

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Hospes @The Tactician @DapperDogman @The Silver Paladin @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies

Status
Not open for further replies.