• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Garrick's smile grew wider and wider as she spoke of all that Feolis had done. "See," he said, "I told you he would help." He brushed his thumb across her hand and smiled at her when she spoke to him, about herself and her feelings. His eyes were shining and he wanted to hug her but he knew moving that much would not be a good thing. He did take her one hand in both of his though, "Aylina," he said in a hushed reverent voice, full of emotion, "My heart is so full. I dared not hope for...anything."

He lifted her hand and kissed her knuckles, "I will keep your heart safely in my hands," he promised, "I pray the ancients I will never let you down." He was slightly terrified of that happening, but he would work hard to see that it never did. "I wish I could hold you," he admitted, "But I know Renn and the Arbiter would ahve a fit and start fussing even more, so I will wait until I can do so properly. But know this, sweet, lovely Aylina, In my mind are plans for us. Plans that span the entire length of our lives."

@Maggie

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Aylina smiled and hugged Garrick gently, before pulling back. "You can hold me after your wounds are healed, Garrick. I'd never want to be the cause of your pain any worse than it is. You won't let me down, I have complete faith in you." She added, still holding his hands. Her arm throbbed, but she ignored it, and simply spent time with the one she was in love with. She didn't have anything she'd rather do, other than spend time with Garrick, and be close to him. Her own heart felt as full as his, with gratitude as well as hope for a better future. She would help him in any way she possibly could, and hopefully the assassinations would be stopped soon, especially as one Ferreguard was already slain for it. But who else was a possible threat to the peace they were trying to maintain?

Magana watched Buras almost sneaking out of a room with wide eyes and a surprised expression on her face. "Buras," she asked as she approached, "What are you doing?" she asked. He began to tell her about how much more needed to be searched. She started to speak several times but he kept on telling her this and that, though she did grin as his short legs comment. He started off again as she mused over the humor of the man, but she recovered herself quickly enough to catch up to him and grab his arm.

"You won't believe where it is," she said as she tugged his arm toward the main hall. "It's the most fabulous thing, really." she was saying evasively. he'd see the light of mischief and the promise of a surprise there in her eyes. She was not usually this animated, but she had a feeling his influence in ehr life was going to bring it out more and more.

She grabbed hold of his hand and was almost dragging him back to the great hal. She approached the table and leaned over it, much as Kylessa had done. "Look.." she said, pointing to the center of the table top.

@Beowulf

"Let go of me, I don't need to be held by the hand like a child." Buras said as he wrenched his arm away, over exaggerating and pretending to wipe of dirt that wasn't there. "You just need to walk a bit slower, is all." he finished, looking up and seeing the mischievous look in her eye. He didn't like it, and wished it wasn't there. But the way she was asking told him that it wouldn't happen until whatever sort of mischief she was up to revealed itself. So he followed in silence, keeping a watchful eye out for anything that might be out of place.

Upon reaching the great hall, his intense gaze left out nothing, except for the dagger on top of the table. But then it was painfully pointed out by Magana practically laying on it. And once he saw it, he stared at it in dumbfounded silence with his jaw slowly but surely dropping. At about the halfway mark he finally snapped out of it and began to sputter at it all. "This was the first place I checked, and I'll swear to the Ancients that it wasn't here. I do not need glasses, and I'll put down my hammer once I do. Don't you smirk at me, I know what I saw, and it wasn't that dagger."

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
A voice that wasn't the Arbiter's but held the same sort of power that The Arbiter did spoke, "Oh Buras. Even you are not perfect. We ask you to understand that even your eyes can overlook a fact. One hour and ten minutes ago, whilst you were forging, we did place that dagger there. Would you question now our voice?" One would know that the Arbiter had nothing to do with that voice.

@Beowulf

The Arbiter looked down at the table, feeling embarrassed for the first time in his life. Heat flared up through his cheeks, and enflamed him. He was flustered, and yet he could not help also feeling happy about the fact that the person he saw as his mate was... accepting of him. "Thank you, Renn. There is a saying that is heard on one of the many worlds I have been on. 'The eyes are windows unto the soul.' Perhaps it is this that allows your powers to work when you use eyes."

@PoetLore

Renn watched the man blush and seem nervous and wondered at it. Was the Arbiter feeling the same nervousness that he himself was? He was used to being the one to comfort others in times of distress, and so he reached over and placed his hand on Mikael's arm and gently squeezed. "I am not making you uncomfortable am I?" he asked searching his eyes for that window he just spoke of, "If so I can retire and leave you to your evening."

He didn't want to go, but he didn't want to be the cause of someone's pain, or anxiety either. He wasn't relationship savvy enough to recognize what was actually going on, though. he did not move his hand as he leaned a bit closer, "I wish I was not so awkward and clumsy in things such as this. I apologize."

The Arbiter looked up, and shook his head. "Don't go, Renn. I... I am, it seems, subject to mortal emotions. I am not uncomfortable, but I am both embarrassed and delighted that you'd pay so close attention to my person. You aren't frightened by me. That makes me happy."

@PoetLore

Kylessa passed the day looking for the Arbiter but never actually finding him. She would be told he was here or there but she was just missing him at each destination. She finally gave up and went back to ehr rooms. She journaled her day, and began making a list of every family run business venture she was aware of. Her dad had not approved of her joining the army, but it was the one time she ahd not cared and openly defied him. He hadn't trusted her afterward, so she knew that some things were hidden from her, and those would likely be the ones of import, but she had to try.

Garrick smiled and held onto her hands, his thumbs brushing over her knuckles. "I hope you always can say that," he said in almost a prayer-like voice, "I know I've done so before, and many people suffered as a result. I will work to make sure you never are though, Aylina."

He didn't deserve her. He understood that she was WAY far out of his league, but he wasn't a man to look a gift horse in the mouth. He was going to accept her love, and spend his whole life working to make her happy.

He let his eyes sweep over her face in a gentle caress, "Feolis will be a good father to you," he said, "I know he will. Once I am well, I will have to speak with him about my intentions, so he does not worry overmuch."

@Maggie

Aylina smiled, herand heart melting as always, at the kindness in Garricks soul. How could he ever think she was out of his league, when shed always had poor self esteem, which she kept hidden as much as possible. "I think Feolis is busy with meetings tonight, and Im sure he knows you need rest, probably more than anyone. If you want, we can look for him tomorrow at breakfast." she added.She felt so comfortable around Garrick, it was nice to build a future for themselves.

Magana looked at Buras with confusion, "I did not think you..." she began to say but was cut short by a voice from nowhere booming throughout the room. She blinked and looked instantly contrite and rebuked. had someone from home told her that she would befriend a Berkak, learn that she could access magic, forge a hook, be named Lord of House Ferregard, then be named Regent, faint and be spoken to by the actual ancient's themselves she would ahve taken them immediately to the healers to ahve them examined. But, that was exactly the circumstances of the last few days. How life had changed and as far as she could tell, it was all for the better.

She stood biting her lip with her hands folded peeking up at the ceiling, waiting in case they ahd something else to say. She was literally afraid to speak or move.

@Beowulf

Buras stood on silence, jaw once more making it's way towards the floor. That wasn't the Arbiter, and he doubted any of the other delegates had the magic or the voice for this. So that just left.... "I would not question it." he finally stated, closing his mouth and pulling whatever dignity he had a right to when talking to the Ancients. Or just one of them, it only sounded like one at any rate. "But I will stand by what I said. I do not need glasses, and will put down my hammer once I do. I thank you for finding the dagger for us and will leave it here if you will it. I doubt just seeing a piece of paper will hold the same weight as seeing that same piece of paper with the dagger of a dead man buried in it."

He wasn't a formal man, and that included talking with gods. But he knew how to be respectful. Even if he had been contradicted and told that he did need to have his sight checked. Nonsense, he could see perfectly fine. He must have just over looked it is all. Yes, he overlooked the very obvious dagger that was stuck in the table. That was his reasoning for it and he wasn't going to hear any other's.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Feolis finished his work for the day, or at least got it to a point where he felt comfortable leaving it. He put the papers in the drawer, and sealed the office, only allowing the Regent entry if she wished. Feolis walked away, wanting nothing more than rest. Today had been trying in a way he'd not expected or experienced. Of course, he had not thought he would be Emperor, but he would do his best.

He walked over to the Berkak Wing, and moved silently, only stopping to knock on the door to the Berkak known as Garrick. "Ambassador Garrick, Aylina, may I come in?"

@PoetLore @Maggie

Renn watched him and listened, "No, I am not frightened," he said honestly, "though I should say, few things frighten me. Anger and appall yes, frighten no." He tipped his head a bit and had a curious expression on his handsome face, "Am I to understand that you do not realize you are attractive?" he asked as he folded his hands in his lap casually. "I can't say I have ever given such things much thought, and though I have spent my life alone, I do not believe it is because I lack attractiveness. What I lack is time and interest as a rule. yours is the first invitation that I have ever accepted." Hopefully he understood that as the compliment it was intended to be. He might not look it, but he was very nervous and unsure of himself as well.

Garrick looked at the door and smiled, "Your father has come to visit already," he said with a smile, "Come on IN!" he called, because he did not want to get up, and in truth wasn't actually ABLE to do so yet. He gave Aylina's hands a gentle squeeze as he watched for the door to open. "We are back here Emperor," he said.

"To what do I owe this honor?' he asked, "I must say I am very glad to see you. I wanted to speak to you about Aylina."

@Maggie @Aragon

Aylina rose to her feet with ease, curtsying before Emperor Feolis. She wasnt going to let Garrick move around just yet either. But she did move aside for her adopted father to approach Garricks bed. "If its about me, should I perhaps take a stroll down the hall for a few moments? I dont mind giving as much privacy as needed." Aylina offered with a smile.

Magana's eyes widened at Buras when he spoke to the ancients. She was still standing there like a reprimanded school girl who was about to be dragged before the headmaster. She had to asmire his honesty and bravery though. She didn't think she could ahve done that. She kept looking toward the ceiling waiting for another word, or perhaps lightning to rain down on them, but when it appeared nothing was forthcoming she ventured a step closer to buras, "What i started to say..." she said softly still watching the ceiling, "Was that I never thought you missed anything....the ancients took the dagger and have chosen to make it a constant reminder of what treachery and lies will result in."

She looked at him then, but only briefly, "We should just...return to the forge...and finish what we were doing...don't you agree?" she asked and all the while with each few words she spoke, she was taking a step closer to the main doors into the hall.

@Beowulf

Feolis smiled at Aylina, and said, "Daughter, no need to leave. I just want to ask a question to you, Garrick. Will you swear to make my daughter the happiest woman on earth? On your honor as a Berkak?" He looked expectantly at Garrick, waiting for an answer.

@PoetLore @Maggie

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Maggie
The Arbiter, Mikael, looked up at Renn, and said, "I mean to say that I know literally nothing about what makes a person attractive. What attracted me to you was your very soul. It felt like the part that would fill the hole in my soul." He looked back down at the table, and said, "I've not been in this body long enough to understand anything of a more intimate nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.