• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magana smiled, "My thanks Emperor Feolis," she said, "And I extend that same courtesy to you as well. It is important for us to be a unified team, and friendship is a good start to that eventuality." She bowed slightly and when she stood she tipped her head a bit, "And you, emperor, May the blade of your right hand never fail and the bottom of your vault be never seen."

She had no idea where the Arbiter might be but she did know where Garrick's quarters were, so she thought he might be there. He came upon he and Kylessa Yeldove conversing and she stay a far enough distance away to not overhear or interrupt their conversation. She did, however, make sure the Arbiter was aware of her there waiting.

• Love
Reactions: Aragon
Kylessa smiled, "Gladly and with every part of my being," she said, "I do swear my very life to the Hegemony, the Emperor and Regent, and to you." Her hands were shaking slightly, "I cannot tell you how grateful i am, I will not let you down nor our new Hegemony. Thank you so much!" She turned and quickly made her way to inform Lord Aradove of everything that had transpired.

The Arbiter turned to Magana and said, "Regent. The stars shine on you. What can I do for you?"

@PoetLore

Magana smiled at Kylessa as she passed and then closed the distance between the two. "I have only just come from a meeting with the Emperor," she explained, "And we would like to ask you to do a service for the Hegemony and the new officers of that great government."

"General Vlog came to me and told me of his involvement with a group called the Jade Legion. They exist to ensure the great war never ends, for reason of profiteering. The Emperor and I would like to request that you and your ambassadors be our investigative team that will seek out this group, and its members, and carry out any punishment that seems right and just to you, and thus rid us of our first and most dangerous foe." She regarded him thoughtfully, "What say you?" she asked.

The Arbiter was silent for a moment. He then said, "On three conditions, Regent. The first is this: My entire team will answer only to me. Second one is this: The Emperor and Regent will publically declare that we are given these positions and tasks. And third: We wish to base our operations from this building. Given the filling of these conditions, we will officially accept the task tomorrow before all who attend."

@PoetLore

Magana lifted ehr head a bit when he said there were conditions, but she relaxed when she heard what they were. "I cannot believe Emperor Feolis would ahve any objection tot hose conditions and neither do I. Basing your activities from this building, where we will be residing would be extremely beneficial to us, and make communications much easier to facilitate. The other two conditions were things we ahd already felt were necessary. Thank you for your willingness to serve, Arbiter. We do realize you have no obligation to do so. We are humbled by your acceptance."

She bowed and went to retell the scene to Feolis and then made her way to the forge. Though that had gone well,s he felt a lot of pent up energies that needed a good physical outlet. She was hoping Buras was done tending to his duties and would be available to start her lessons.

@Beowulf

Buras, as it turned out, didn't have many duties to tend to. All he had to do was tell the clans what needed to be done, and they made sure it was going to be done. Good, he hadn't felt like peering over their shoulder every second of the day anyways. But that left him with a lot of free time that he didn't expect to have. There were no papers that had to be filled out, no laws to write, everything was in place for the Berkak to gorvern themselves. All he had to do was make sure they stayed peaceful, which he was sure they would at this point.

So what would he do with his time, you ask? Well that's fairly obvious since he moaned about being a simple rune smith all the way up until he had become the Lord Delegate for the Berkak. So there he was, headed down to the forge and deep in thought. There was that dagger that needed to be gotten rid of. He could teach Magana how to look for runes on a blade and how to tell if they were added before or after the forging beyond just looking for the markings, markings that could easily be hidden. And he had several pieces he had taken on before he had left. Of course, Magana wouldn't have a chance to work on these, they were for respected clients after all. But perhaps he could have her make mock pieces to test her.

He had just reached the doors to the forge before deciding to finally look up. "Ah, Magana, I was just thinking about lessons." he told her as he opened a door and let her go in first. "Bullocks, that's right. We'll need to first get the fires going again. There might be some embers to help us, but I doubt it." They were in a rush, and he didn't have time to properly bank the coals so they would stay hot. "Get on the bellows there," he told her, pointing to what could be compared to a giant leathery lung. "When I say, pump your arms up and down as hard as you can. Worry more about strength more then speed. I don't want a gentle breeze, I want to feel it." The second half of his speech echoed out from inside the furnace as he all but climbed inside to scoop the ashes out. Once that was done, he climbed back out and started shoveling coals in. Once he added a little, he got a small fire going. "Alright, put your arms to good use and start pumping those bellows." he ordered Magana, beginning to shovel more coals onto the growing fire.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Torna sat at the grand table to write his notes. When he would arrive back at his clan's home, he would personally investigate the Precursor Brewery, and end their operations. If they refused to end operations, they would meet his axe, and none would survive. He planned to do his part.

Feolis wanted a word with his House, and got it. "My people, while I am your king, I am also the house lord. I want there to be no question of where I stand. From this moment forward, the goal of the Valena is peace. Violation of this peace by any individual is a capital offence, and he who is guilty shall be turned directly over to the Arbiter, by my command."

Getting an affirmative from the delegation, he dismissed them, and sat in the office again, somehow knowing his night was not ended.

@Maggie

Renn entered and sat as instructed and offered the bottle of his juice. "I was not sure of the proper actions myself," he admitted, "But..wait..did you say courtship?' he asked blinking a bit. He was flustered a more than a little confused. He was just a healer... not a Lord...not of a noble family even. He was just himself. What would this ancient being see in him?

"Forgive me but I am...stunned." he could not help but look at him to gauge his words and intent. He knew he'd seen that vision, but he hadn't realized what it meant. Even now he wasn't sure. "I am not anyone special...I ahve no idea what you see in me...I ahve nothing to offer."

@Aragon

Aylina hated to interrupt what looked to be an important meeting, but she really wanted to get this over with, so once Feolis had finished speaking to the gathered crowd, she stepped over to him gracefully, and silently, curtsying with respect. "I'm very loathe to interrupt you, Emperor Feolis.... but this was delivered to me by my own father. I need advice from you on how to handle this situation." She added discreetly, not wanting to make any sort of scene. The last thing she wanted was an uproar, and she did want to get back to Garrick as quickly as possible. But this would forever haunt her, the way her father had written such an awful letter like this. Did he truly mean what he'd written? She felt horrible, as if she'd never be really happy again.~

Kylessa left general Aradove's quarters and made her way back to her own rooms. She spread her pages out and checked off Aruk, since he was no longer a threat to anyone, thanks to Regent Magana. But now she had different things to think through. Her family's possible involvement. Which brewery would most likely be the one that created the soul'bane, and how could it be proven.

She spent hours jotting notes and trying to connect the lines of culpability.

Garrick held her hands and listened as she explained her childhood. Maybe it was good that the cruel man had disowned her, and that she was now among those who would appreciate her contributions. She wanted them to grow closer. Those words filled his heart and fueled his hopes. She excused herself and he watched her leave. A smile formed on his lips as he sat alone in that room, awaiting her return.

He looked down at his bare chest, the hair slightly hidden beneath the bandages and sighed. They were going to keep fussing, and he wasn't going to be able to stop them. He didn't mind Aylina fussing over him, but Renn and the Arbiter...he DID mind a bit. He was a sturdy, stubborn Berkak after all.

Since he had a bit of time he thought over the day's events. He was glad Magana and Feolis had been chosen, though any of the Lords would ahve been good choices. Her strength that day had impressed him. Even though he was lying flat on his back through most of it, he was impressed with her resolve and strength. And Feolis seemed a good counterbalance of logic and calm. They would do well together. The whole wine thing though...it bothered him greatly. He'd ask the Arbiter about it when he next saw him.

He watched the door anxiously waiting for Aylina to return.

@Maggie

Feolis took the letter, and read it with increasing anger. After a moment, he said, "As emperor, and as the lord of our people, I can do certain things, and no Valena may question it. Therefore, from this moment, the current Lord of the Rosebud House is no longer elegible to hold that title. I hereby strip Vladimir Rosebud of all titles, and name him Criminal Knave. Let him be cast out from among the Valena. I grant to Aylina Rosebud the title of Lord of the House of Rosebud. I grant to her all the titles and responsibilities associated with this granting." He then said, "And one last thing. I do offer you, Aylina, adoption into the house of Duen, my house, as my daughter. Would you accept this, Aylina, and put aside the name Rosebud whilst keeping the lordship of that house?"

The Arbiter sighed, and said, "There are a few things that I know to be absolutely true. The first is this: Though I had never truly seen you till you landed, I dreamed of you. Second thing: The thing you already give that I do not have is balance. Without you near, whilst in this world, I could (but hope I never do) become rogue, and that would not be good for anyone, let alone me. Third: There has never been anyone who puts me at peace as you do, Renn Jorell. Just your proximity makes the anger that I experience at times less volatile. The last reason is this: I am not a mortal, but I know when someone is meant for me, and I for them. I believe I found my someone when I found you. That is my reasoning, and although it may seem flawed and incomplete, it is the truth, upon my position as an Ancient. I wish to court you, to woo you, if I can, and I do not care about titles."

@PoetLore

Aylina couldn't help but look surprised. She'd no idea Emperor Feolis could strip her father's title, and pass it on to her so suddenly! Not to mention cast him into exile...and adopt her at the same time! "I absolutely accept, this gracious offer, Emperor Feolis...... and... thank you. I will do my best to not disappoint you or the house I now look after." She vowed, her eyes shining from many held back tears. She'd never felt accepted like this before. It made her look at life a lot differently, and gave her great hope for the future. Wait until Garrick heard about this! He'd be happy, she knew, and he would hopefully no longer blame himself for her father's failures. With another thank you to Feolis, returning his hug, she said clearly, "It is an honor to be adopted as your daughter, Emperor Feolis. I hope to gain wisdom from you in all you decide to teach me. And I am so sorry to be abrupt, but I think Garrick would love to hear this news..." She added, knowing Garrick was waiting to hear from her.~

Last edited:
Feolis nodded, then stood, and walked around the desk. He wrapped his arms around Aylina, and said, "Aylina Rosebud, I do hereby adopt you as my daughter. I name you Aylina Duen, and I welcome you to my family. I ask you only that you do your tasks well. I am only your father. The Arbiter has command of you, not I. As long as you keep the peace, and do your job well, you will have my approval. But, unlike your former father, you will remain my daughter no matter."

@Maggie

Aylina was very happy, now that she was Emperor Feolis' adopted daughter! What a day this had been. From an assassination attempt to being disowned, to being adopted, and no longer having to worry about her father, she felt a million times lighter than she had before. On the way to Garrick's room, she brought a fresh pitcher of water for him as well as a few glasses. She hoped his wound wasn't hurting him too badly. She knocked on Garrick's door, pushing it open slightly and peeking inside. "Garrick, are you still awake?" She wouldn't be surprised though, if he were sleeping, it had been a frightful day for him as well, but hopefully this bit of good news would cheer him up.

Magana was JUST about to enter the forge when Buras appeared. She smiled and entered when he opened the door. "I am so very glad to hear it," she said honestly, "I am in need of strenuous activity." She went to the billows and waited as he climbed in and out of the forge, trying not to laugh at the sight. He really was a delight to be around, and it made the rest of the fade into the background of her mind, which was a very good thing.

She waited for him to give the sign to start and then she pumped as hard as she could on the billows. She'd never created a fire in this way, but she needed to elarn if she was every going to do this on her own, and she fully expected to be able to. It wouldn't be as much fun without Buras, but she could well imagine that it would be useful and necessary at some time in the future to need to be able to do this alone. "Can you feel it?" she asked as she took LONG motions to ope the billows fully and then push as hard as she could down until it was completely closed. It really was quite a workout to be sure! But it felt good, and purposeful.

She stood up erect though as she remembered something, "Oh hey...did you take possession of that dagger?' she asked, "I totally forgot about it. How stupid of me."

@Beowulf

Buras continued to shovel coals into the fire as he answered her question. "Feeling it isn't the only thing I can do." he all but shouted as the fire in the forge roared as air was pushed in and fed it. His muscles, used to the work, weren't even sore by the time he threw the last shovel full in. Setting the shovel down and resting his hands on the handle and his head on his hands. Before she even had the chance to stop, he said "Keep going. My job is the easy one, your's is the important one. What you're doing is getting the forge nice and hot so we can heat any pieces we might need."

Then she asked the question about the dagger. "I should have it, I remembered you giving it to me and it being in my hands. I must have set it down when we were called up to be tested. Did one of my assistants bring it down here?" By now the shovel had been discarded onto the pile of coal and he was furiously patting himself down and peering around the forge, looking for the ornate dagger. "Bloody hell, don't tell me it disappeared." he muttered, refusing to think about any possible alternative. "You can stop now. But you can start helping me find that dagger. If it's not here, it's not here. We'll inform the Hegemony of my foolishness and forgetfulness then we'll return here. We know that the dagger has nasty curses on it, and we know what to expect from it now." He explained to her as he waved her off the bellows and began scouring the forge, looking for things that would be out of place. He even went as far as to sort through his bags of equipment that he had brought along.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.