Status
Not open for further replies.
Garrick saw people going up to find rooms and he reached for Aylina's hand, "I don't know about you, Dear One," he said with a smile, "But I could use a bath. I have the smell of monkey about me." He started for the stairs, "Shall we go explore?" he asked with a wink.

Once up the stairs he too the left way, opposite the others and went to the far end. He opened the last door and stepped inside, "I ... well that is to say. Would you like this room?" he asked rubbing the back of his neck with his hand suddenly nervous. "I will be right next door, either way." They were not married, so it would not be right for them to share a room, though he'd honestly thought about asking her to do just that. He didn't want to damage her reputation in any way though, so he was going to do the right thing and give her the option.

@Maggie

Aylina blushed, knowing that even though they had both shared a room at the palace, he was indeed, right, it might not be proper in other places. She smiled, looked at the simply furnished room and nodded. "Thanks, love. This will be fine. I'll explore with you, as soon as I shower. I can see there is an adjoined bathroom over there, I'll be alright. I need to change as well, and be presentable. Will you be at least semi-close to my room?" She asked, showing some nervousness at being in a new place. She hadn't traveled half way across the world as most others in the group seem to have done. She did love exploring however. She did want to look around, very much!

Emily took a room semi-away from the others. She had a routine of writing in her journal and practicing drawing sketches of abstract art, or sometimes just what she saw. She definitely wanted to draw a few Meekins, they were so cute! She would have been tickled if she'd been chosen for a companion, but truth be told, she wasn't exactly chosen for a lot of things in life. She made friends, sure, but no one stayed close. Most people saw her as a street-rat/ pirate, little else. She was in other words, entirely expendable.

For the Arbiter's part, he had been sent to a room of his own, one with an office in the front. Gelina had told him, in no uncertain terms that she would not be found wanting in not offering the Arbiter his rightful place in this house. She essentially told him to get used to it. She had the rule here, and she ruled that his room was the one with a proper office attached. Mikael simply complied, having realized the centuries old elf knew what she demanded, what she wanted, and as a guest in her house, he could hardly refuse.

In speaking with Renn, Gelina realized that the bond was not only new, but it was that of a soul-mate's bond. Her knowledge of such a bond told her quite strongly that this bond was nothing to trifle with. "I see long love and many trials ahead for you two, Renn. I beg of you, for your love's sake, seek shelter in his arms, for he will certainly do the same." She remembered her own experiences with a particular young elf many years ago, and wished things had been different. Renn would no doubt know precisely why she said this, having heard the story of the love she lost.

Magana huffed at him when he said someday she might have worse to deal with than himself, "The Ancients forbid!" she retorted, "IS there worse than you Buras Garethsson?" she asked with a slight smirk on her lips, "Truth be told, the ancients could not have chosen a better teacher for me, so I will humbly concede that you will more than likely ALWAYS be more well versed in magic use than I will ever be, however I may be a tad more treacherous. Time will tell. I may catch you unawares sometimes when you least expect it...many years from now. I am a patient Ferregard."

He set her back down and announced that they were finished for the day and she nodded, "I ahve a few matters of State to attend to as well," she said, "I did provide the Arbiter with lists, but I intend to do my own research as well. It is my hope that I may save them a bit of time but giving better, more accurate information through the communication system the Arbiter set up in the Emperor's office."

She had a few things Vlog has mentioned, places, people and she intended to investigate them via her own personal spy. Someone she trusted implicitly, without reservation of any kind. She was still Lord of the Ferregard, so she intended to clean her own house thoroughly and completely, until no opposition remained to the peace of Ilkaria.

Her eye would flash that determination for a moment before the sparkle that this friendship produced returned, "Thank you for you time and teaching today Buras," she said as she started for the door, "I needed an outlet for my own angst. Hopefully I ahve provided the same for you. May your chisel be ever sharp and your eye keen," she said as she bowed and then went to the emperor's office.

She tapped on the door, "May I beg a moment of your time Emperor Feolis?' she asked.

@Beowulf @Aragon

Lonely would have described Emperor Feolis right now. He was occupied by his thoughts and by his paperwork. Already, house lords were sending proposals for legislation his way, as were lesser delegates. He refused to sign anything unless the entire Hegemony voted on anything, and he repeatedly sent each piece back to the lords and delegates, commanding them to send each proposal through the proper channels within the Hegemony, so that a vote could be made. The protocols were already in place. Why was it that they refused to use the protocols? It worried him, if he were honest.

The knock to his door was welcome indeed, though, and he called, "Enter, Regent. Have a seat. I'm glad you are here. What can I do for you, Magana?"

@PoetLore

"And may your arm stay strong." he replied, waving farewell as she walked out the door. Once the door shut behind her, he decided that it was time to be done in the forge entirely today. The piece was near done, and all he needed to do was chisel it all to shape then hand it off to the jeweler to inset the proper stones. And he could just as easily do that on the road as here. In fact, he should go to the Berkak capital and deal with things himself. He had to make his lordship official after all, and inform the now former Berkak King of what exactly transpired here. He doubted the Ancients would like another king claiming a right to rule over their chosen ruler. And he'd rather face the wrath of the Berkak King then the Ancients themselves. So as swiftly as he had made the forge his own, he packed everything up and left it near barren. He did leave a note, however.

'I, Buras Garethson, have left for the Berkak Capital to deal with matters more personally. I will send news of anything important as they come up. Expect a message, either by way of a runner or by bird, in a few days time.

Lord Buras Garethson.'

And with that, he left. Mobile forge and tools rumbling behind a ram and slowly swaying off back into the tunnel it had come from a couple days ago. The journey back to the capital felt much shorter then the other way around. Then again, he was returning home. Oh wait, that's right, he wouldn't be returning exactly to home. Now that he was a lord, he would be needing a clan house of his own. He could always have one built for him, but then he'd have to somehow convince another Lord to allow him to stay as a guest. Well, if worst came to worst, he could politely tell Torna to let him stay as a guest.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Status
Not open for further replies.