Status
Not open for further replies.
Feolis nodded, and said, "I have to agree. I'll go find the Healer. I have an idea of his location, but it may take a few moments." He looked at Aylina. "I know I cannot command you as your king, but I ask you as your father, not to leave this room. I need to know you are safe at this moment. Please stay here. I will send Renn, and find Magana, because we have an investigation to conduct. It seems we have overlooked something."

He swept from the room, and headed for the Arbiter's quarters. He knocked on the door, and called, "Healer Renn, It's Feolis. Your help is needed. Garrick and Aylina aren't healing as expected. I fear magical tampering." Having delivered his message, he went to the Berkak forge, and called out, "Regent Magana, As soon as you are able, we must confer. We have overlooked something very important, I believe. So, when you are able, I would like you to join me in the office, if you will."

@Maggie @PoetLore

"Of course, Feolis, ill stay here....just please be careful." she said, also worried for Garricks wound. She pulled the chair back to his bed and held his hands again, with no intentions of leaving him unguarded and vulnerable! a protective streak had taken hold, and though she was fully trusting of Renn and the others, she couldnt stand it if something worse happened to him. When Feolis left, she looked at Garrick. "Is there anything you need?" she asked.

Magana had watched and turned when he said turn, noting the swift strong motions of the hammer and the accuracy with which he hit the metal. He said it was her turn and she put the metal back into the forge and worked the bellows to get the fire glowing again. She reached for the tongs and clamped them back onto the iron and moved it around as she had before until it was the right color and had that golden glow around the edges. She held the tongs in her left and the hammer in her right. She knew that she wouldn't be as accurate hitting the metal with her left, so she figured turning would be easier.

She lifted the hammer, surprised at its weight, but she lifted it above her head and brought it down on the iron with as much force as she could muster. She was feeling the weight after a few hits, but she kept going. Turning the iron when she felt the time was right, as he'd done. She knew he'd say WRONG, if she was indeed doing anything wrong so she continued as she was.

She saw the iron losing it's heat and shoved it back into the coals and then she heard Feolis. She furrowed her brows and called over her shoulder, "I will be there shortly," she said and then looked at Buras, "Forgive me," she said, But the Emperor comes first." She handed him the hammer and tongs and took off her apron and hung it up where it belonged and then rushed out of the forge. She stopped in the bathroom to clean up a bit and then made her way to Feolis' office. She stepped in feeling a bit winded and not as clean as she'd like, but she did not apologize for it. "I came as quickly as I could," she said and then a small grin formed on her lips, "Well...as quickly as I could without being offensive."

@Beowulf @Aragon

Feolis bowed lightly to Magana, and led her to the office and sat in his usual chair. He indicated the other chair, and said, "Sit, Regent, if you will." He said, "There is a thing we have overlooked, Magana, and I am not sure we know precisely how to deal with it. We already know that there is a concerted effort to end this peace. But, what I think we are missing is this: The people who are at fault are using EVERY race to forward their plans, whatever they are. So far, a Jabari Airship transported the tainted wine, a Berkak has attacked the Arbiter, and a Ferregard has attacked a Berkak, and in the process, also hit a Valena. If it continues, expect every race to be involved. I propose that we immediately send the Arbiter with his team into the field to find out what the deuce is happening."

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore and Maggie
"Smaller swings, don't waste your strength. Find a pace you're comfortable with and keep it. Hammering away as quickly as you can is pointless if you can only keep at it for a couple seconds. Flip it now, and give it an extra hit, it's starting to get lopsided." Buras went on like this, pointing out flaws in her technique and telling her how to fix them. They were such small mistakes, but together they quickly added up making her inefficient and causing flaws in the piece that would cause further problems. But this was for the best, he could see what it was she was doing wrong and change them instantly. He even began clapping to set a pace for her swings after noticing how erratic her swings were.

And just as the iron was really starting to lose it's heat, he just heard Feolis over the banging of the hammer. Magana must have as well, as she told him so. "You have other duties you need seeing to. The iron won't go anywhere and I'll keep myself busy." He told her, waving his hand as if to shoo her out of the forge. And once she left, he took out the letter sent by Torna and read it. So the brewery had made that accursed potion. And they were selling it to. With a "harumph" he sat down and looked for anything to write with. A piece of charcoal would do until he had something better to write with.

Torna

If it is not to late, do not execute the brewer. I want to nip this problem at the bud, and simply getting rid of the maker is solving only a part of the problem. A large part, but just a part none the less. I thank you for gathering the information that you have, but we might be able to go one step further. I want to know who sold them the ingredients, and I want you to pay them a visit if it is at all possible. If you think they genuinely had no idea what their product was being made for, then do nothing. If you suspect them even in the slightest, keep a watchful eye on them.

Buras Garethson.

That done, he folds up the mock letter so he can write a proper one in ink and shoves it in the pocket behind his leather apron. Now, he needed to work on that history piece he had shown Magana. There were some details he needed to finalize, such as the beard of the golden face, and he could see it in his mind's eye. So grabbing a set of fine chisels and a small hammer, he sets to work carefully defining edges and adding flowing details.

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: Maggie and PoetLore
Renn heard the knock and since it wasn't his quarters, he didn't react at first. He heard his name and frowned looking over at Mikael with a considerable measure of regret, "I am sorry to cut our evening short," he said as he stood and gave his hand a squeeze. "But I must see to them. Their stitches would be easily pulled or worse." he moved to the door and as he opened it glanced over his shoulder, "Tomorrow..I will provide dinner." he said and then disappeared out the door and back to Garrick's quarters. he tapped the door one time and then entered, not wanting him to get up, "Emperor Feolis said..." he stopped mid sentence when he saw the mount of blood on their bandages, and ever overflowing the bandages.

He moved to Aylina first, because he knew enough of Garrick's stubbornness to know he'd insist she was tended first. "Did you hit this on anything?' he asked as he unwrapped the bandage. He saw that the stitches were still in place but blood was still seeping out of the wound. That should not be the case. He dipped his fingertip in the blood and then rubbed it between his finger and thumb and noted that it was not as thick as it should be. "There is additional magic at work here." he said, "It has to be an anticlotting spell. You blood is too thin." He dug into his bag, which he never went anywhere, not even to dinner, without. He pulled some leaves out of the bag and laid them aside. he pulled out several other things looking for one specific one and finally he had it. "This may sound crazy," he said, "But I know it works against such magic." He laid a bit of spider silk over her wound. "The spider silk creates an artificial clot, which will allow the skin to heal and then the blood will not be a problem. "The magic will more than likely wear off as time passes, if not I will try to find a counterspell."

He laid the leaf over the spider silk and then added the bandage over that. He moved to Garrick then and removed his bandages as well. "You are quite a mess Garrick," he said, "You should have sent for me sooner. He administered the same treatment to his wounds though they took a good deal more spidersilk. "I am going to ahve to find more silk very soon," eh said. If this is the way they are going to fight, I must be prepared for every possibility."

Kylessa made her way to Feolis' office. She tapped on the door and seeing Magana there backed up a step, "Oh, forgive me. I can return later. I did not mean to intrude." she said apologetically. But Feolis motioned for her to enter, so she did so.

"I think I should make this information available to you," she said honestly, "It is a full list, well as full as I could ever unearth, of all of my family's dealing. I cannot believe they are uninvolved in this. Especially the wine. I know of no less than 4 places that they could have created the poison, along with all the components of it." She laid the list on his desk, "My father is a vengeful man, Emperor. I ahve no doubt he is involved."

Reactions: Maggie
Garrick was glad Renn chose to tend to Aylina first, because he wouldn't have allowed himself to be treated first anyway. "It's just a wee bit of blood," he said with a shrug that he immediately regretted. he was a little surprised HOW much blood it actually was when the bandages came off. That was quite odd. But then he heard Renn say there had to be anticlotting magic used and he was glad there wasn't more blood. He thought the spiderwebs treatment was a bit weird, but he knew Renn was the one with the expertise and the knowledge, so he let him do as he felt was best.

Once the treatment was over he nodded, "Thank you Renn," he said, "I guess we're going to have to stay pretty still eh?' he asked.

@Maggie

• Thank You
Aylina was very still while Renn tended to her burning, bleeding wound. She noted the soothing relief the spidersilk on her shoulder and let out a trapped sigh of relief. Shed fallen half asleep watching over Garrick. She was definitely alarmed however, at how much blood they were both losing. Dizzyness overwhelmed her, but she ignored it in favor of helping clean Garricks injury. "Glad you got here so fast Renn. I have to ask, how fast is the spidersilk healing? Will we be alright in a day or so? Sorry you're running out of this stuff. It's amazing." She added,as the effects soon kicked in.

Magana listened to Feolis and frowned, "I see what you are saying," she said as she jotted down the things he was saying. "Someone is going to great lengths to cast suspicion on every race, and not just one. At first it seemed all of the opposition was coming from the Berkak, but I see now that what you are saying is true. I agree we need eyes and ears away from this place if we are to get to the bottom of things."

She tapped a finger to the paper she was writing on, "I have heard nothing from the Ferregard as of yet," she said, "Regarding the production of the components for the poison. However..." She was about to continue when Kylessa appeared and Feolis bid her to enter into the room. She kept the rest of her thought to herself as Kylessa laid out her family's holdings and basically threw them onto the burner. That took courage and loyalty, and she was impressed.

"It is the right and proper thing that you ahve done Ambassador Yeldove," She said and stood to give ehr the traditional Ferregard salute of honor. Standing straight with her feet together and her head bowed so that her chin touched her chest, she lifted her fisted hands to her chest with knuckles facing one another and then returned them as they were. "You have earned my respect and highest regard today Ambassador. I thank you for your loyalty to the Hegemony and to us."

@Aragon @Beowulf

Last edited by a moderator:
Feolis nodded, and said, "I agree with Regent Magana. This is a good thing. Ambassador, it is my wish that this list is duplicated and given to the Arbiter, who is to be informed that we are now ready to accept his lists for what is needed before he takes his team, which you are on, to conduct investigations. Further, Ambassador, inform the Arbiter that the Crown approves of his decision to take such actions as necessary, including the ending of the lifes of the guilty."

@PoetLore

• Love
Renn shook his head at Aylina, "it is not your fault," he said, "And I can obtain more easily enough.If you see more blood seeping onto these bandages, please send for me sooner." He said wagging a finger at both of them, "Please excuse me, I feel I must report this to the Emperor." he bowed to both of them and made his way to the offices of the Regent and Emperor. he was about to enter when he saw Kylessa with them and stopped to wait.

When she left he smiled at her, and noted the distressed look in her eyes though she managed a warm smile in his direction. He wondered what had just transpired. He waited to be noticed and waved in before doing so. "Forgive me for interrupting, Emperor," he said and then turning to Magana, "Regent." He sat in a chair and let out a breath, "I fear I must inform you that the blade used by the Ferreguard contained also anticlotting magic. They were very thorough. They put an anti magic curse upon the blade, so that my healing would not be effective, and then knowing I would ahve to use ancient methods of manual closure, added the anti clotting spell so that the stitched wounds would not heal properly because of the excessive bleeding. I have had to administer extra treatment to both Aylina and Garrick. You were wise to get me when you did." he said to Feolis. "Their methods worry me greatly, I must admit."

• Love
Kylessa nodded, "I will do so right now," she said and bowed slightly to both of them before making her way out the way she'd come. She almost ran into Renn at the door and managed a smile for him but she feared it did not reach her eyes. She could only hope he didn't notice her inner pain overmuch.

She went to her room and made a copy of her list for the Arbiter and then made her way to his room. She tapped on the door and hoped he hadn't gone to sleep for the night. Her own mind and heart were so troubled, she doubted she would sleep at all.

@Aragon

• Love
Garrick let the two of them fuss over him and he nodded to Renn, "I can promise I will send for you immediately if I notice any more blood. I can easily see Aylina's wound, and it will alert me to my need as well." He nodded again, "I agree, the Emperor should know this. It's a very underhanded way to carry out a plan. This must be addressed immediately. Make sure to tell the Arbiter, to leave without us if necessary. I will always be able to find him." He wasn't sure how, but he knew it was true.

After Renn left he turned his attention to Aylina once more, "Please sit down Love," he said, "You should not be standing." He could see she was feeling weak and should sit, but he knew she was worried about him as well. "Or lay up here next to me and we can both rest."

@Maggie

• Bucket of Rainbows
Feolis replied, "Healer Renn, first, thank you for healing my daughter. I am much in your debt. Second, it comes to me that this... anti-magic and anti-clotting thing that these monsters are doing is as much about fear mongering as it is about control. As I see it, whoever is behind this insanity seeks to control the situation. If the information we have received is correct, and I've a mind to think it is, we are looking at a rather vast...conspiracy, for lack of a better term, bent on maintaining a war state. You'll find out soon that you will be sent with the Arbiter to assist in the destruction of that group, whoever they are. As we have given the Arbiter our blessing, so we give to you our blessing, as the official healer to the Arbiter's Team."

Mikael's head lifted at the sound of the knock. He waved the hand opening the door. "Kylessa. Come in, child. Have a seat. What can I do for you?" Something in him reached out to protect the elven woman, in an almost fatherly fashion, but he knew he could do little about it for now.

@PoetLore

• Love
Aylina thanked Renn profusely for this healing methods, and assured him she felt better already, and she would pay closer attention for this kind of danger. Once they were alone, she smiled at Garricks idea, and gladly climbed into bed next to him, curling up protectively at his side. Her own heart beat faster as she closed her eyes a moment. "You've got the worse wounds Garrick. I've had worse than this one before..let yourself heal and rest too please." She told him, lightly kissing his cheek. Exhaustion caught up then, and she let herself drift to sleep.The other worries forgotten.

Reactions: Aragon and PoetLore
Magana frowned, "Thank you for coming to tell us this, Renn Jorell." she said, "I feel I should tell you this, even though the Aedairin have been enemies to the Ferregard for all these thirty years, you have been known to us as one who will heal any who come. Your kindness to all races was well noted and honored among my tribe, which is the furthest northern clan, in the heart of the highest mountain. I am pleased that you will be with everyone, for I know with confidence they will be in good hands."

She looked from one to the other, "I am going to go to each of the Lords and see if they ahve compiled a similar list to Kylessa's and deliver them to the Arbiter." she said, "Do you ahve a list from the Vaelena, Feolis?' she asked taking whatever he had available right them and then bowing, "If you gentlemen will excuse me." She left them then feeling the need to be actively DOING something to stave off insanity. She went tot he Laren, Edwin Ames and received his best list, and the promise of additions whenever they were available. She had a list from Vlog for the Ferregard, so she went to Lord Rolena. He had a very short list but promised to gather more information and pass it forward. Though they had Kylessa's list she still went to Lord Aradove and was given a list comprising a few of Kylessa' disclosures and names from other familes as well.

She made her way to the forge to seek our Buras, leaving him for last because somehow he seemed able to calm her. She didn't question it, just was very glad of the fact at the moment. She did not want to disturb his delicate work so she waited until he noticed her standing there and lowered his tools, "Buras," she said as she approached, "have you any information concerning the creation of the poison?' she asked, "I have all the slits from the other races," she said, "The Emperor is sending the Arbiter and the Ambassadors out to unearth this horrific conspiracy, They need as much information as we can possibly arm them with." She felt the weight of the the safety of the world resting squarely on her shoulders and she had no idea if she was actually strong enough to bear it up, but she was determined to do it, or die trying.

@Beowulf

When Magana re-entered the forge, she would see Buras' nose mere centimeters away from his work with his head tilted ever so slightly to the right. He didn't need to look at the hammer hitting the chisel like so many beginners felt they had to do. He knew where the one end of the chisel was, and he knew where to swing the hammer. What they had to learn to keep their eyes on was what they were working on, or else they run the risk of making a mistake and having to start from scratch again. And it was because he was so close to his work, he didn't need glasses but a magnifying glass would be nice every now and again, that he did not see Magana right away. It was when he finished the flowing line he was currently working on and he moved away to begin on another that he noticed someone standing off to one side. And if you quickly learn that someone had been standing near you and just watching, you'd be startled. Buras is no exception.

Jumping slightly in his chair as he saw the Ferregard, he quickly calms down once he realizes who it was. Placing a hand over his heart, he says "By the mountains, don't sneak up on me like that." Then she approached him and asked what he knew of the poison so far. "Funny you ask. I have a list from Torna of people that bought from the brewer he found. I was going to send him a letter telling him to find out who gave that brewer the ingredients once I found a chance to properly write it." As he spoke he pulled out both Torna's letter and his hastily written one and handed them over to her, shaking each one in turn to show them which one was which.

Looking up he saw a look in her eye. The kind of look that told him that she'd try to hold up a mountain alone if she had to in the name of duty. "I see a look in your eyes. A look I've seen on rulers. Ones that thought they alone could afford to carry the weight of ruling a nation. Those rulers quickly cracked under the pressure and were mere puppets, with the advisers they previously rejected pulling the strings. And to be honest, that look doesn't suite you. Makes you look very unlady like." He finished with a smile, hoping to lighten the mood if even slightly from the gloom he had put it in. "Now if you don't have any other duties to attend to, I believe there's a horseshoe you have to finish."

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Renn gave a slight nod, "No need to thank me," he said, "It is more than what I do. healing is who I am." he had never been able to separate himself from the healer within. "I am glad you summoned me so quickly. Garrick is a stubborn one," he noted, "I know he would ahve waited a long while before calling for me. Maybe too long." He grinned then, "Though...for AYLINA...he would ahve sent sooner if he'd noticed." Garrick's affection and regard for Aylina was easy to see, and had been since the Berkak had first laid eyes on her.

"I believe the Arbiter is anxious to go find the people responsible for all these attacks. It seems impossible for one person to be doing everything, so there must be a fairly large network of people working with them. That very fact is disheartening to me," he admitted, "That people would prefer this vicious cruelty, and murder to living a life of peace and unity. But we cannot ignore the facts, they are out there seeking to destroy what is only just beginning."

Kylessa entered and approached where he was seated, "The Emperor sent me to tell you that your request has been granted. He would like you and the named ambassadors to leave when provisions are gathered to go in search of those who are responsible for the attacks, and the poison. Furthermore, he gives his permission for you to use, at your discretion, whatever penalty you deem necessary, even unto death."

She stood before him, looking almost regal in her bearing and very formal in her manner of address as she'd always been taught by her parents. She knew no other was to conduct herself. "I want to thank you," she said a bit hesitantly, "For naming me as an ambassador. If you had not done so I would have requested permission to accompany you on these investigations anyway." She lifted her eyes to meet his and he'd see there determination and a bit of apprehension, "I cannot escape the feeling that my family is involved, and not in a small way, in what has occurred here. I hope I am wrong, but I fear I am not."

Status
Not open for further replies.