Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox= Rei Saionji, Purple, solid]
SaionjiIco_zpsebvey9kd.jpeg

[October 23rd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Library Entrance]

The red pandas were cute, but she had to focus, Rei told herself. She had to find-

The sign wearing panda was moving, erasing the sign on its back and writing something new. It was blocking what it was witing and it was cutely making sure using it's body to do so. It was almost too bad that this was by a group of would be jerks. Plus, it looked like Rei would have to look into more coding than the small amounts she already knew, because if this Red Panda could do this to her chip... it left a sour taste in her mouth.

I don't know what you're talking about. You should leave before you make even greater fools out of yourselves.

Oh? But in doing so Rei already had the upper hand. The hacker witch hunts were underway and all it would take was a bit of nudging to point the finger here. Sawaga was an easy target, purely because of her coding ability, and if it was a student that was good at coding... or had a history with the Red Pandas then it would be all the easier. A cruel smile appeared on Rei's face, a look she'd perfected for enemies that she wanted to personally knock out of the way, and she quickly covered it with her hand when she realized it had come unbidden. Someone would have to have been watching her closely the whole time to have noticed.

"Ara Cocky bitch. Keep hiding... Saionji san, I'll leave how this is done up to you, though I think I'll walk around see if I spot anything strange.."

Good, then all Rei had to do was wait the Panda out. Rei wanted to simply get in, grab the key, and leave. She'd have taken the Panda at face value, but that didn't seem all that wise. Better to make sure, and make her sweat a little. Plus, if she pointed her finger at hackers too much, then the ruse wouldn't be as useful for later.

"Just remember, this Panda doesn't want to be caught. Or seen, for that matter. Would have made things simpler, as I'm not inclined
to trusting people who won't talk face to face."
Rei leaned in just before Ayame left, whispering, "and if she starts a fight with you, make sure that it's not near the Student President we passed."

With that, Ayame started to prowl the library. Rei stayed where she was, looking at the people studying she she could see. Clearly the culprit was within earshot and within eyesight. While the books made it more difficult, people would stare at someone staring between shelves, so that narrowed it to people studying. But... everyone was indeed staring at her. Perhaps she should have been more covert with the conversation.

"Sorry about that, everyone. I thought I saw someone and Ayame-chan were looking for, but I'm not sure if they're still here. They left a note... but apparently they want us to come find them. It's kinda silly, but I'll try not to disrupt your studying."

With that, she moved to the tables and sat down, opening the book she'd been holding earlier as she calmly waited out the suspect. Plus, she had no intention of talking to Nyoko again, but at the same time...

She couldn't send a message to Nyoko. She didn't have Nyoko's information outside of her name, and they'd always been a little at each other's throats. It was hard to tell, but Nyoko didn't like Rei, and it was probably because of Rei's affiliation with Kira, whom Nyoko didn't like. Thus, the dislike.

She needed to know more about the Red Pandas, and so it was necessary to get things moving. More allies made things easier, after all. But still, if it ended up she was in the group... she didn't think she could stand it for long. So many people that didn't like her, had a bad history with her, and just plain the reputation of the Red Pandas. She wasn't sure if they were treated badly or what the whole story was -she'd never cared to learn before- but if the one eyed pirate was with them, then they were probably fine. Probably.

@RedArmyShogun @Gottkönigin Wen @reiscriticalweaknesshasbeenhit​
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= OSHIRO KIRA, #ffa938, solid]
KiraIco_zps0i8a8dmx.jpeg

[BCOLOR=#000000][October 23rd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Cafeteria][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]This wasn't quite how she'd imagined her afternoon. It was like the world conspired to keep her from practicing her drumming! Yesterday she'd lost time because she'd eaten ramen with Rei. Now she was losing time because she was handcuffed to Nyoko. What a bother this all turned out to be! Who knew being friendly and outgoing would result in grief?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]The handcuffed couple had tracked the Red Panda down quick enough, and a chase had ensued. It had ended with the Red Panda stopping at a table in the school cafeteria to challenge them to a game of shogi. Great, she'd played before so hopefully it wouldn't take too long. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Unfortunately, only Nyoko and the other girl was allowed to see the board. They must be using their chips somehow. Kira sighed. Nyoko didn't have much faith in her, huh. Two heads had to be better than one. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]If they'd only let her join in, she wouldn't be so bored. Eh, screw it! Kira stopped drumming her fingers on the table, turning to Nyoko.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Come on, Hardwired, let me join in," she whispered, leaning into her. "You don't seem to be doing all that well on your own. I'll just give a little nudge in the right direction."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Don't worry, Kira," Nyoko whispered back, tried to put some distance between them, and decided to drop any pretense of politeness in the future since she wasn't going to get it in return. She supposed they were on a kind of first name basis then. "I've played this before. Shouldn't be that much of a problem."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"You've played it before…?" Kira asked, smiling, hoping that meant she had more experience than one or two games. "Have you actually won?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Um, maybe…" Nyoko whispered, frowning, as the chubby girl across the table made a sweeping gesture with her hand and grinned. "Why? Want to give it a go?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I can hear you two whispering, you know," the girl said. "You can play two against one. It might help Nyoko."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Kira noticed an invite pop-up in front of her, hovering midair. She accepted it. The shogi board appeared on the table. The pieces were extravagant and glowed in neon colours. It did become evident to her pretty fast that Nyoko was losing. They were at a disadvantage.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Oh, Hardwired, you should have let me play her," Kira said, shaking her head. "She's getting the Best Of You, yeah?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She wasn't certain she could turn this around to a victory, so she had to put her faith in Rei, or Kyouko. Kira blushed, as she imagined what it would be like if Turbo Lover saved her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"If you can do it better than me, go ahead," Nyoko said, stretching her arms behind her. "I'd like to see you try."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I would have to be blind and move the pieces at random to do worse than you," Kira muttered, leaning so much on Nyoko that the Red Panda leader got up from the table. She giggled, since that was what she'd wanted her to do. "No hugging?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Strange hug," Nyoko responded, putting her free arm over her chest.[/BCOLOR]

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=, white, solid]
[BCOLOR=#000000][October 23rd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]A message popped up on the chip's interface, sent by the lieutenant. Yukimura opened it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Got you! >:3'[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She froze. No, she'd been careful! How could she have found her so fast? Had Nyoko upgraded the GPS in the Red Panda's apps without letting them know?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]'Look behind you!'[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Yukimura yelped when she heard the lieutenant's voice behind her, not paying any attention to how her voice seemed to be some distance away. She spun around to face the lieutenant, head on, only to see Kyouko harassing a girl in one of the other groups. At least, she thought that's what she was doing...? The girl seemed to think so as well. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"What are you doing?" The girl asked, staring at Kyouko, backing away. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Yukimura had seconds before Kyouko noticed her. She'd revealed her position. She could run, attack, or give Kyouko what she sought. If she ran, Kyouko would catch her before she got far. She'd already attacked, so the lieutenant had to be expecting it now. Yukimura couldn't play this game the whole day either. She wanted to go to the TTC without worrying about Kyouko or Nyoko getting the jump on her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Fancy meeting you here, Kyouko,"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000] Yukimura said, and dropped her disguise. "Are you lost?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]The nearby students in the groups seemed to grow silent, as they focused their attention on the two Red Pandas. She almost wanted to throw down a glove on the ground between them. [/BCOLOR]

@Skyswimsky
[/fieldbox]

[BCOLOR=#000000][October 23rd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Library][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Ara Cocky bitch. Keep hiding[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]...[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000] Saionji san, I'll leave how this is done up to you, though I think I'll walk around see if I spot anything strange.."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]A boy that passed by Ayame in that moment got a hurt expression on his face, which he quickly hid before storming off. The insult hadn't been directed at the boy though.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Wow, she was unnecessarily mean! It reminded her of why she didn't spend a lot of time with anyone who wasn't a Red Panda. They knew her secret, and they were all friendlier than this. She might bring this up with Nyoko when they next met. There had to be some control over who she let in on their games.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She was glad when Ayame left, but she tried her best to make a bunch of the Red Pandas follow her in an orderly line. If she got too far from her, she'd have to pin her attention on Rei.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Just remember, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]t[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]his Panda doesn't want to be caught. Or seen[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000],[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000] for that matter. Would have made things simpler, as I'm not inclined to trusting people who won't talk face to face." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Indeed, she didn't want to expose her identity to these two, but it wasn't like they knew her personally. Did they? She felt even more assured in her decision to be discreet after one of them had gotten angry for little to no reason. Anger was never a good trait. Nyoko was the most wrathful person she knew, but she exerted control. Well, most of the time anyway.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Sorry about that, everyone. I thought I saw someone and Ayame-chan were looking for, but I'm not sure if they're still here. They left a note... but apparently they want us to come find them. It's kinda silly, but I'll try not to disrupt your studying."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Do you want help finding your note?" She asked, as Rei sat down at the other side of her table. "I don't mind. Studying too much isn't good for anyone, right?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She pushed her thick glasses up, putting a finger on the paragraph she'd been reading. Sometimes the best disguise was to hide in plain sight. Why would they suspect someone who was offering to help them if they thought she was a cocky bitch? [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]To further accentuate the difference between herself and this mysterious girl they were searching for, she made the Red Panda with the sign walk over to the chair Rei was sitting on. It grabbed onto her pants, then climbed up her legs and torso onto the table, dragging the sign behind it in one paw. Once it was on the table, it sat down on Rei's book, and held up the sign with both paws. It had a new message.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]You suck at this game![/BCOLOR]

@Karyra @RedArmyShogun
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:

[October 23rd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Library]

"Do you want help finding your note? I don't mind. Studying too much isn't good for anyone, right?"

"No, it isn't. But I believe that I'll find it very soon. Besides, I don't mind sitting and talking with you while my friend looks for it, you seem fairly nice."

Play nice... while she was a candidate for Red Panda-ism, Rei wasn't certain. She hadn't eliminated anyone yet, besides that boy who stormed out at a perceived insult. That was when another panda climbed up her. Rather rude, wasn't it? It had another note:

You suck at this game!

Ah. Rude with a rude message. She arched an eyebrow at it, trying to minimize the eyerolling. As she looked away from the panda she noticed the book the girl was reading was marked by her finger. If she was was going to talk with her, then it would be uncomfortable after a while. Not to mention, it was kind of polite of her to do, and Ayame had given them a slightly bad image earlier of being straight up punks.

"Hold on a second, are you missing a bookmark?" Rei asked, and then dug in her bag. "Hang on, I can always get more, so I can loan you one. Wouldn't want you to lose your place in studying because of me."

After a little digging, she pulled out a bookmark with a cute panda on it. Rei tried to find another one, but she apparently had bought it and let it slide to the bottom without noticing. So now she was holding a cutesy bookmark while trying to act cool. This was... well it was something. Ironic, maybe?

Still, it would be rude to rescind the offer now, especially since she couldn't lie and say she didn't have any, and everyone could see through the lie. But... she really wanted to use this bookmark later.

"Uhm, it appears that this is the only one I have. I can still lend it, I just need to buy a new one later."

@RedArmyShogun @Gottkönigin Wen
[/fieldbox]

Reactions: RedArmyShogun
[fieldbox=Chiyo Imada, #fbceb1, solid, 10]
Chiyo%20Ico%20Real_zpscbxdv0hl.jpg

[October 23rd, Late Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, First Floor Nurse's Office]

Chiyo stood next to Lisa's bed, watching the other girl sleep with a weary gaze. As much as she felt bad for Yura's bedding situation, she was also glad that Lisa at least was resting more comfortably than she had in the hallway.

"Since, you all are from the same class. One of you, please keep an eye on those two while I'm checking on the others. If they wake up and have trouble walking, or feel unwell, be sure to let me know. Otherwise, they should be fine."

"Ah, I'll take responsibility, thank you." Bowing as the nurse left, another student voiced their thoughts aloud.

"So... Mizunohara-san was really a hacker, then..."

"Yes."
"Mizunohara-san is a hacker. But if she didn't utilize her skills..."
"Yamagawa-san will end up in a body bag instead."

"..."
Chiyo kept quiet as her maid responded, thinking instead about the reason she was over by the medical supplies in the first place. As much as she wanted to help treat the injury to Iori's hand, she knew that pointing something like that out in this situation wouldn't do much good.

"That's a bit blunt, Nishimura-san." Looking over, the peach saw none other than Yukitani, awake and walking. Apparently, he wasn't keeling over from anything, so she didn't immediately push the subject.

"This situation is getting worse." He continued on, apparently upset at the truth behind Iori's words.

"More and more people are getting victimized... And the entire student body is going on a riot. All while tagging the blame on Mizunohara-san. I feel as if the only way we could come to a resolution is if the Social Moral officers would let her free and have her find the miscreant responsible for this atrocity."

As he talked, Chiyo moved towards the chairs, folding up the few sheets and setting them on the end of the makeshift chair-bench-bed. Seeing her chance, she opened her mouth to explain-- but before she could respond, however, another voice joined in.

"I agree with you, Yura-kun. But right now, Kokoro is adamant at ensuring Sagawa pays for crimes she hadn't done. There is no way to reverse her decision at the moment. Not until we present credible evidence against her claim that Sagawa is the suspect. That's why I want to ask for your help. Imada-san, Kokoro mentioned that you and Sagawa were going to conduct a private investigation on your own."
"..."
"Needless to say, that was dangerous but right now, I will need all the help I could get to ensure not only Sagawa is proven innocent but to make sure we find out the True Hacker's identity and bring him or her to justice. Please... if you won't do it for me... do it for Sagawa. I can't just idly stand by as the most precious person in my life gets convicted for something she didn't do!"

Uncannily, said peach had remained silent since she had asked Leo to bring in Yura. Somehow, she had managed to remain calm--regardless of the fact that her friend had almost faced death today.

Regardless of the fact that her maid was seemingly blaming herself for the capture of the "hacker" Sagawa, if the small fit of outrage was any clue.

Regardless of the fact that her Social Morals partner wanted to put himself in danger once more for that special person of his.

Despite all of it, she stared at the boy before her- respectful in her gaze, but at the same time distant.

Really now, Michio-kun...

All of a sudden, Misheru Tachibana walked in, giving her greetings... and also giving the maid a noogie, it seemed.

Nodding towards the red-haired girl in acknowledgement, Chiyo then turned her attention back to Michio, who seemed to be awaiting an answer.

"...You're not as smart as I thought, Michio-san."

"Yes, Sagawa Mizunohara and myself were in the process of conducting an investigation, with the motivation of proving her innocence before anything major happened. In fact, it was Mizunohara-san herself who wanted to keep it from you, for the exact same reasons that you would want to keep it from her."

"That is, the danger of facing a true hacker is extremely high. As demonstrated today, it is extremely easy for a single person too hack into our VR chips, and therefore control us as they want. Unless you have some sort of secret anti-hacker program installed that I'm unaware of, there is almost zero chance of you facing the hacker head-on, and walking away victorious."

Not waiting for a response, Chiyo continued.

"But, despite that, you seem to want to help Mizunohara-san, by proving that she isn't the hacker. So, I'll tell you all I know, in hopes that you can become the hero of this story..."

Chiyo gave a pause, making it look like she was thinking hard about something, before beginning to speak once more.

"Oh, that's right. Seeing as we had only started today, we have no leads whatsoever. Of course, I'm willing to start all over again, but..."

Chiyo glanced at the crowd before her, pausing to look at the still-unconscious Lisa before moving her gaze back to Michio.

"If the both of us become focused on this case, then there will be nobody to represent Social Morals in Class 2-A. Seeing as how even Yukitani-san believes that we're the bad guys in this situation, I don't think that it would be in everybody's best interest to have no officers ready-at-hand, you know?"

"...Besides, you were always better at this stuff than myself."

In other words--

"You said you wanted to help, Michio-kun? Then please, take over for me in Class 2-A. If you spot any abnormalities within the class, then please let me know."

--stay out of this.

There was no way the peach was going to let the one person Sagawa cares so much about get himself injured in a martyr fashion. She wouldn't let Sagawa's sacrifice become futile.

"I promise to try my best, if you can just let me handle things this one time."

Suddenly, she turned away from Michio, instead walking over to where a certain blond boy was standing.

"Are you feeling alright, Yukitani-san? Please, if you could sit down for a little bit, it would keep me safe from the nurse's wrath." Motioning to the chairs, she tried to joke with Yura.

"I'm sure Lisa-chan will wake up here soon." [/fieldbox]
@Weisenhart
@Accelerator
@Miya
@Makomin
@chaosheart13
@Others?

[fieldbox=Nishimura Iori, #ffb8da, solid]
Iori%20Ico_zpsn6mn1uok.jpeg

[October 23rd, Late Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, First Floor Nurse's Office]

"That's a bit blunt, Nishimura-san."

Yura said calmly while Iori continued to search for the remaining medical supplies that she needed to tend to her wounds after placing a bottle of iodine on a table nearby.

"This situation is getting worse."

The maid merely listened to the blond as she continued on.

"More and more people are getting victimized... And the entire student body is going on a riot. All while tagging the blame on Mizunohara-san. I feel as if the only way we could come to a resolution is if the Social Moral officers would let her free and have her find the miscreant responsible for this atrocity."

Iori managed to obtain a pair of scissors after Yura was done with his words. He has a point, but Kokoro, let alone the Social Morals are not going to release Sagawa just like that. Not without a proper investigation, especially Kokoro decided to involve the police.

"I agree with you, Yura-kun."

The maid promptly turned at Michio when he spoke.

"But right now, Kokoro is adamant at ensuring Sagawa pays for crimes she hadn't done."

But her focus was brief, and Iori soon continued her efforts. She found a bottle of cotton swabs and placed it alongside with the bottle of iodine.

"There is no way to reverse her decision at the moment. Not until we present credible evidence against her claim that Sagawa is the suspect."

Michio echoed the maid's sentiment, before the focus was changed to Chiyo.

"That's why I want to ask for your help. Imada-san, Kokoro mentioned that you and Sagawa were going to conduct a private investigation on your own."

Then Iori discovered the sets of gauze and the familiar reddish cloth bandage from the medical drawers.

"Needless to say, that was dangerous but right now, I will need all the help I could get to ensure not only Sagawa is proven innocent but to make sure we find out the True Hacker's identity and bring him or her to justice."

Since the maid has everything that she needs to tend with her wounds, Iori pulled a chair nearby and sat in front of the medical supplies that she has placed on a small table. She carefully removed the makeshift bandage on her hand, as dried blood had stuck on her bloody handkerchief. The maid then proceeded to open the small bottle of iodine. With a cotton swab in hand, Iori dabbed at the iodine solution and slowly applied on her wounds.

"Please... if you won't do it for me... do it for Sagawa. I can't just idly stand by as the most precious person in my life gets convicted for something she didn't do!"

The iodine burned as the maid squirmed with a suppressed cry. The last few sentences from Michio was somewhat equally cringe-worthy however, as if the lines came out from some B-grade romance tragedy movie.

"Hello, everyone."

It was Misheru.

"Hello, Tachibana-san." Iori instinctively greeted at the red-haired girl without looking at her while tending to her wounds.

Little the maid would know it was her mistake not to turn and look at Misheru as the redhead wrapped one of her hands on the maid's neck and did her infamous Double Fist noogie.

"Ouchouchouchouch! Pain pain pain! Stop!"

Iori cried out uncontrollably as Misheru did her magic, causing the others to stare at the two with a puzzled look.

"Jeez, Iori, you always go on about how I shouldn't let others get to me but you're the one with the bruised fist."

The maid rubbed her head while staring at the redhead in defeat. After Misheru sighed, Iori's expression turned into a disappointed one. Misheru has a point that struck home, and there was nothing that the maid can say to refute her. As the redhead checked on Yura and Lisa, as well as Michio, Iori returned to her efforts on redressing her wounds on her right hand.

Then, comes her master, Chiyo responding to Michio.

"...You're not as smart as I thought, Michio-san."

The following words from Chiyo promptly made the maid turned to the peach. She was totally did not expect that her master would start her words in an assertive way.

"Yes, Sagawa Mizunohara and myself were in the process of conducting an investigation, with the motivation of proving her innocence before anything major happened. In fact, it was Mizunohara-san herself who wanted to keep it from you, for the exact same reasons that you would want to keep it from her."

Chiyo continued on as Iori cut some pieces of gauze and applied on her wounds.

"That is, the danger of facing a true hacker is extremely high. As demonstrated today, it is extremely easy for a single person too hack into our VR chips, and therefore control us as they want. Unless you have some sort of secret anti-hacker program installed that I'm unaware of, there is almost zero chance of you facing the hacker head-on, and walking away victorious."

Not even a single pause as the peach continued on. The maid also agreed about the so-called anti-hacking program.

"But, despite that, you seem to want to help Mizunohara-san, by proving that she isn't the hacker. So, I'll tell you all I know, in hopes that you can become the hero of this story..."

A pause as her Master was pondering about something.

"Oh, that's right. Seeing as we had only started today, we have no leads whatsoever. Of course, I'm willing to start all over again, but..."

("Just started today and Sagawa got apprehended just now. Coincidental much?") The maid thought to herself.

"If the both of us become focused on this case, then there will be nobody to represent Social Morals in Class 2-A. Seeing as how even Yukitani-san believes that we're the bad guys in this situation, I don't think that it would be in everybody's best interest to have no officers ready-at-hand, you know?"

Order management. By then, the maid was done wrapping the bandages on her wounds. Chiyo continued on, pleading that Michio should focus on keeping 2-A in order. To Iori, it sounded like how Sagawa was pushing her away. Once Chiyo was done, she went to address Yura, who was standing for quite a while now.

After placing all of the medical supplies back into the drawer, and throwing the used cotton swab at the nearest biohazard bin, the maid stood up with bandage neatly tied with a pin on her right hand.

"Goshujin-sama has a point." Iori responded, supporting on Chiyo's idea. "Someone needs to keep an eye on the fort."

"As for me, if Goshujin-sama is involved in Sagawa's case, that goes without saying that I'll be knee deep in it."

The maid spoke with a smile, while waiting for more responses.

@Raven Haruka
@Accelerator
@Makomin
@Weisenhart
@chaosheart13
[/fieldbox]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She supposed she didn't mind having a conversation with the girl, while the other one looked for her. It was pretty funny. She couldn't wait to tell the other three about her own experience. What were they up to? Were they as successful as fooling their pursuers as she was?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]Hold on a second, are you missing a bookmark?[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000] Hang on, I can always get more, so[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000] I can loan you one[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]. Wouldn't want you to lose your place in studying because of me."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Ah, no I don't need…" She began, but Rei was already rooting through her bag. It wasn't that painful to lay her hand on a book. This girl was being nicer than most, and it made her wonder if her first impression had been wrong.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Rei seemed to hesitate some when she'd gotten the bookmark out of her bag. Why? Was she going to change her mind now?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Uhm, it appears that[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#000000]this is the only one I have[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000].[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000] I can still lend it, I just need to buy a new one later."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She was curious about what had made her hesitate, so she took the bookmark from Rei with a polite nod and smile. There was a panda on it. Now she was just confused. Maybe pandas were too common to her, but while it was adorable it didn't seem like it should have been even the slightest issue to give it away for someone like her. Why did she even have it? Wasn't it too childish?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Heh," she said, put it down on her book, and removed her finger. "I'd rather not have to give something back at a later date. I'm forgetful, and uh…" She'd rather not get too friendly with an outsider. "We could trade? I have an old notebook."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She bent down and got it out of her own bag on the floor. The notebook was Red Panda memorabilia from a simpler time, when Nyoko had thought she could bribe people into becoming members by giving them gifts. She'd had too many made and neglected the fact that a lot of students used their chips to take notes. It couldn't be bought in a store.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Nyoko had given her five, and she'd only used one to scribble doodles in. The one she placed on the table had no doodles in it yet.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I could get more like it. No problem," she said, pushing her glasses up again. "I'll…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]The Red Panda with the sign that had been sitting on Rei's book was gone. Damn it, she'd lost her concentration! At some point, it must have faded out of existence. To make up for it, she made the Red Pandas that were following Ayame around stop walking on all fours to form a conga line instead. They danced behind the mean girl like that.[/BCOLOR]

@Karyra @RedArmyShogun
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Kyouko Himura, #3DA3C2, solid]

[October 23rd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Schoolyard]
[BCOLOR=#000000]"What are you doing?"[/BCOLOR]

A Foolish Fool that Kyouko ignored, unless she was... no, there was somebody else who reacted in the way the blonde had hoped, sweet. With Yukimaru's cover blown, the blonde was now more on guard. What would she do? Try another 'cyberattack', run for one of the bikes or...

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Fancy meeting you here, Kyouko, a[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]re you lost?"[/BCOLOR]

...actual confrontation? Now, that was a pleasant surprise. "Done with running?" Kyouko nagged back at Yuki as she also dropped her own disguise. "You know exactly what I want." though, before Yuki was able to reply the blonde girl added. "The Key for Nyoko's handcuffs." Just to make sure this Fool would make no mistake.

There was also the matter of personal satisfication, though having driven Yukimaru to more-or-less surrender could count as such, unless... "...or you want to fight for it?" Now the one-eyed Student's face changed to a complete smug smile.

@Wen[/fieldbox]

"Heh, I'd rather not have to give something back at a later date. I'm forgetful, and uh… We could trade? I have an old notebook."

"That's fine." But that panda was still pretty cute, so she hoped that they still had the cute bookmarks there at the store she'd bought it from. Also if she could escape being noticed buying it. 'A yakuza prospective head found buying a childish bookmark' just seemed like something that wasn't exactly smiled upon when she was going to be the leader of a large gang of people like Ayame.

Then the other girl pulled out a notebook with a red panda and a regular panda on it, drawn in a very cute style. Rei hadn't seen this particular notebook before -not that she wasn't looking- but it seemed... somewhat familiar. Wasn't there someone passing this around at some fair? It had been notable since people used their chips to take notes, and thus it had been a failure. But Rei couldn't remember who had been doing the passing around.

"I could get more like it. No problem, I'll…"

Rei was silent as the girl was cut off by looking at something. Or rather the absence of something, Rei hadn't noticed, but it seemed like the red panda that had been bothering her was gone. The red pandas behind Ayame-chan also started moving in a conga line to try and distract her from the vanishing panda, but there was one less than before.

Rei had counted, half out of curiosity and half out of sheer desire to know how many red pandas were wandering around. If she was alone and not dealing with a Red Panda herself, she'd probably have scoured the library for the rest to see if there were more lurking around the corners. But... given the vanishing panda from her book, it looked like it was crumbling in some way. If it was something to do with focus, then that would make sense. Well,she probably found her culprit. But that was only a guess, but it seemed funny that she had a notebook with a red panda on it. They were cute, so might be a coincidence but... better to check.

"Did you lose something? A key maybe? I always lose my keys too, I think it's something with the library, tends to eat keys. But I'll help you look, if you wish."

Meaningless chatter unless you looked closely. But Rei was playing the long game, even if this girl didn't have a key, she could still get a favor from Nyoko. This game had no stakes in it for Rei, Nyoko on the other hand... if she stayed chained to Kira, there might end up a homicide case in the school. Kira and her were well known to have a... well a relationship would be putting it too nicely. Probably why Kira ended up the secondary target in this game.

Plus, she needed to proceed carefully, if this Red Panda didn't want to be known, then it would be nice to be quiet. Rei disliked sharing secrets anyway, especially since she had her own to carry in silence. So if this was the case, she'd play along and keep it quiet.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Ayame Sayato, red, solid]
rlK7Hhw.jpg

To Ayame's dismay another student had been around during her remark in regards to the Panda Master, with a hurt expression the male student hurriedly left, leaving Ayame with a partly open mouth, reaching her hand out in form of apology to stop him, she reconsiders, averting her gaze towards the floor. "Ah, it... Never mind.." Exhaling softly there was nothing that could be done to fix that situation.

Course things couldn't stay well enough then, the pursuing Panda's had made a Conga line. "Are you Serious? A conga line.." As the small red furred animals follow her, Ayame takes the time to steal a peak at Rei to be sure things were alright, to her credit it seemed Rei had mad contact with another student, curiously a panda was at the table, then gone upon her next peek. Pausing to turn her head back at the haphazard Parade, it seemed she hadn't gained any new followers, was there a limit of some sort or a need of focus. What good that would do her, unless Ayame wanted to disrupt the whole library, it was enough that a group of dancing Panda's were following her.

Once this was all over Ayame would see into improving her chips Security, if the Panda's were as malicious as the rumoured Hackers going around school the jogging suit wearing girl could have been in some serious trouble. Keeping her distance Ayame takes another peek as the pair seem to be talking with Rei holding some sort of bookmark out in offer for something or another.

Having enough of her Parade, Ayame makes her way towards where Rei was, casually walking the rows of books, she hoped to find something to spark he interest, at the least she wouldn't be focused on the Red Panda parade. And might just find a book worth reading, being in better earshot Ayame has enough time to hear the request from Rei in regards to a missing Key.

@Gottkönigin Wen @Karyra
[/fieldbox]

[BCOLOR=#000000][October 23rd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"The Key for Nyoko's handcuffs."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"My, my," Yukimura said, standing on her toes, swaying back and forth with her hands behind her back. "I don't know what you two get up to in your free time, but that certainly explains how you became lieutenant. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]Certainly not your reflexes! Doesn't quite explain why you think I'd have the keys though."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"...or you want to fight for it?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Sorry to spoil your fun, Lieutenant, but I'm going to disappoint you," Yukimura said, before pulling a sword out of thin air. "I don't have what you're after. I really don't."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She spun the sword around in circles, as she glared at Kyouko. Then she raised her hand and gestured for her to come at her. Yukimura didn't necessarily want to fight the lieutenant, but it would be satisfying to lead her on a wild goose chase and then hand her ass to her when it came to an end. Especially after she'd scared her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I know who has it though, but I'm not going to tell you because you asked nicely. Not that you did. I'm not sure you want to be further disgraced today either, Lieutenant. Let's go to the TTC and be merry friends."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She laughed, mocking her.[/BCOLOR]

@Skyswimsky
[/fieldbox]

[BCOLOR=#000000]It became obvious to her that Rei might be onto her. Who wouldn't suspect something in a situation like this? Anyone would have pointed fingers at the first suspicious person that approached them. She hadn't intended to expose herself so clumsily, but she'd dropped her guard. She was glad that she still had her fake avatar as a disguise at least. It wasn't something she'd drop easily, even if she was a bit of a clutz.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]Did you lose something? A key maybe?[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000] I always lose my keys too, I think it's something with the library, tends to eat keys. But I'll help you look, if you wish."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She sighed, shaking her head. Oh well, she supposed she'd had her fun. The jig was up. They should never have assigned such an item to her for safekeeping. She didn't think the other three would be too mad at her, but maybe a little disappointed depending on how they had performed themselves.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I don't know what you're talking about," she said, as she reached into one of her books on the table, removing a small metallic object from it. She stuffed it into the Red Panda notebook which was still laying on the table, pushing it over to Rei's side of the table. "You should leave me alone now."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She picked up the book she'd been reading and held it in front of her face. The girls should take the hint and leave. The red panda that had been sitting on Rei's book reappeared. It didn't have a sign this time. It waved a sad white flag in one of its paws.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]The red pandas that were following Ayame in a conga line, let out a loud excruiating sigh, then poofed into white puffs of smoke.[/BCOLOR]

@Karyra @RedArmyShogun
[/fieldbox]

"I don't know what you're talking about," the other girl at the table said, and she moved the notebook over so that she could push it back, hiding a glint from a shiny, metal key. "You should leave me alone now."

The virtual pandas even seemed to have given up. The sad white flag seemed to be a sign of victory. Rei wanted to brag, but honestly, it didn't really feel like much of a win. Just some talking and moving of chess pieces. but this was... nice. Ugh she had to get that out of her head, she got a cutesy notebook and a key from some silly game that she'd stumbled upon.

The other girl put up a book and Rei moved to stand and take the notebook, "my mistake. Thank you anyway, have a good afternoon."

Next, Rei turned to Ayame who had moved closer, close enough to catch some of the exchange. "Time to go, we've bothered the people in the library long enough. We must have just missed our friend."

Then she left, walking far enough out to feel safe enough to pull the key from the notebook. Oh, Nyoko would never believe that she managed to ask nicely for the key by trading a bookmark for it. Not in one million years, and Rei probably wouldn't believe it after the act she pulled earlier. Well, the truth would probably be the best option.

"So, Ayame-chan. Do you know how to contact Nyoko? I honestly forgot about contacting her again and what the plan was. What about you, do you remember?"

They probably had some time to kill, unless everyone had invoked the battle right away and took care of it instantly. So maybe they'd wander for a while while they had some time to kill/looked for anyone else looking for Red Pandas. It'd be fine to wander again today, the ramen yesterday was nice, gave her something to occupy her mind and keep it off the yakuza stuff for a while. Sooner or later though, she'd have to deal with it face to face, and that meant competing with Michio. But he never wanted it before so she'd probably win and then they'd all part ways and Rei would become the top and she'd.... she'd never see anything like this again. So she had to enjoy her hard-won spare time while it lasted.

"Although, I doubt that when we show up with the key that they'll believe me... but being caught lying would be worse than being honest in this case. What about you Ayame-chan? You think they'd believe me if I said I asked nicely?"

[/fieldbox]

[October 23rd, Afternoon / Hachi-Ou Park]

"Yeah, about that whole sleeping thing. That was actually my chip's death function occurring because someone made me think I was getting attacked by wild man-eating dogs."

"...yes?"

Nozomi wasn't sure how to respond to such a revelation. Even as Kimura continued on, she continued to mentally process what exactly he was saying. It was such a sudden revelation, not one she was quite able to readily accept.

"So yeah, some hacker's probably got into my chip."

A hacker? Like what was going around the school?

"Just so we're clear though, it's not Sagawa."
"And, just to be honest, I also weed this place because I find stuff like this entangled within the roots. Adventuring and treasure hunting, you know? It's a man's romance."

He said as he pulled out one of the things he apparently had come across while weeding. A pen. It almost seemed like he had noticed her sudden apprehension. Explaining his reasoning in being here in a bit more detail. Still, if he was really certain about this, Yuri did have to step forward and try to help him.

"I've never heard of there being a 'death' function in our chips. Kimura-san, are you sure you weren't just in the middle of some kind of bad dream? You were talking in your sleep, after all."

The things that Kimura had been enering as final messages were audibly being relayed to the outside world while he had been lying there.

"As far as I can tell, I didn't see anyone else around here aside from you. Are you sure you just forgot that you decided to take a nap? Surely, if someone ad the power to make your chip think you have died, would they have really just done all that to have you wake up and tell everyone about it? Sounds like a really elaborate way to make this place a sort of urban legend, I would say."

Omitting the fact that Kimura was plainly lying in the dirt, Yuri politely expressed her skepticism about Yuuki Kimura's claims. Yuri's skeptical yet concerned expression made Yuki uncomfortable about trying to convince her otherwise.

Right now, he was probably sounding like a madman, trying to convince her of this/ Maybe all of it was just a bad dream. Looking at his virtual interface, there was no traces of anything having gone wrong or being compromised. All he had was the traumatic and still vivid memory of being attacked and being told he was dead.

What exactly did a hacker have to do in order to hack into someone in the first place? What exactly could they do if they did manage to break in? There were many sorts of unknowns. In that sense, hackers were boogeymen that conveniently made kids of his generation avoid direct linking and downloading third party applications.

Right now, Yuri did not believe him. In fact, the more he thought about it, the more doubts began to arise about what even happened. After something like this, it was probably best to avoid the park altogether from now on. It was tempting to believe that all of that was just ultimately a bad dream.

Ultimately, riddled with the traumatic experience and the many unknowns surrounding it all, the answer Yuuki Kimura chose to believe in was:

@ERode
[/fieldbox]

"Imada-san, Kamijou-san, do you people really get what you're saying right now?"

One of the students from the same class interrupted the exchanges going on. Unable to keep silent with the sort of conversation going on.

"Mizunohara-san just proved to the entire school that she's a hacker! She might've 'saved' Liza, but, how do we know that she wasn't the one who made her do all of that in the first place? Do you two even know anyone else in the school who'd be able to pull if off besides her?"

The student fiercely responded to the comments of those supporting Sagawa.

"She has has already ruined it for everyone else in the class! Liza was one of the few of us who ever actually talked to her normally, and she's had this entire year to try getting into her chip! Doesn't it no seem suspicious that the first major victim who to get controlled was someone who was in the same class as Mizunohara and also someone who talked to her?"

Worried looks. The other students from their class, gathered nearby had these concerned expressions about themselves after hearing this. But, that hushed silence was what really drove it home. It seemed that most people in the school felt this way.

"That girl even had the gall to say she didn't like any of us while trying to still look like a victim. Shouldn't that be about enough to get the point across? She might as well have said: 'I hate all of you, but I didn't do it!'." The fellow classmate made a disowning, depreciating smile in reguards to Sagawa, "That's so pathetic. But, for someone as sad as she is, It's only natural she'd want to impress you, right, Imada?"

This girl...

She and the others talking, they were the same people in the class. The same people she pushed her desk together with and ate lunch together with. So naturally, it was shocking to hear them talking like this. Chiyo knew that there were people in the class who did talk like that, but those weren't the people she talked to on a regular basis.

"Even if it really is someone else doing it, until that truth is confirmed - If you insist on protecting Mizunohara, you might end up getting ostracized for it. I don't know what happened with you two in the span of a day, Imada, but you're better off just letting it go and moving on. That hacker made an example out of someone who was associated with her. If they start seeing you like they did Yamagawa-chan, how would you possibly stand against them?"

Of course. The other people that Chiyo Imada knew would find her sudden support of Sagawa to be somewhat ill advised if not out of place. As mean as their words were, they were trying to be considerate to Chiyo at least. It was a given, that after what had happened, that anyone related to Sagawa Mizunohara would get ostracized due to correlation. Since Chiyo wasn't Michio Kamijou - whose dedication to Sagawa was no secret, there shouldn't have been any reason for the bespectacled peach to be supportive of her.

But all of a sudden, the two of them were working together?

And now it's been proven that Sagawa is in fact a hacker?

"Chiyo... you seriously can't be convinced that supporting her is a good idea at this point, right?"

They looked at her with concerned expressions. Chiyo's heart sank, as she realized why this was happening.

Her place in the social hierarchy, and Sagawa's were very different.

Sagawa was the girl who always sat alone in the corner. And she was the one who was always agglomerated with the others. Personal Drama and Incidents aside, the illusion that she got along with everyone was widely accepted. She WAS the kind of person who'd be expected to reach out to Mizunohara. But... for that reason, she was vulnerable.

This extraordinary situation. In which Chiyo was trying to befriend Sagawa Mizunohara, and where the former was now in custody of Kokoro Amane was volatile in every way. As friends, it was their job to tell Chiyo that what she was doing now was dangerous. As charming as the plot of the popular girl reaching out to the outcast girl seemed to be... there was no reason for that girl to put herself into harms way for someone who didn't care either way.

In other words:

For her own good, she should conform...

...and ostracize Sagawa Mizunohara as well, if the rest of the school decided to do so.

A girl who was considered a part of that kind of clique was expected to do so.

Chiyo hesitated in her response.

She couldn't act out on impulse. These were people she really did know. She would isolate or even hurt them if she responded carelessly. Even if there was a part of her that wanted to... she couldn't bring herself to even think about saying something that would throw all of that away for the sake of someone she had only spoken to a couple of times.

Justice and the truth didn't matter all too much for them. All they knew was that anyone in their class could be the next victim. After seeing it happen to Liza, they didn't want to see such a thing happen to Chiyo.

The others in the room, watching this exchange, were silently amazed. The paranoia about this hacker really was starting to tear at the student body. Still, others found themselves compelled to speak as well... Particularly Michio, who could see the fear in his fellow students' eyes.

@Raven Haruka
@Accelerator
@_Anyone
[/fieldbox]

rlK7Hhw.jpg

"Wait a-" Considering why Rei would be talking to this girl, if Rei had cause to speak like this, then she was clearly one of the culprits. The vanishing of the Red Panda's was also supportive of Ayame's train of thought, this woman was one of them, even if real violence was denied a match could possibly gain what they needed.. But before Ayame could speak Rei had decided the course of action.

"Time to go, we've bothered the people in the library long enough. We must have just missed our friend."

With a reluctant attempt to protest by grapping Rei's shoulders, Ayame comes up short, following in Rei's footsteps.

"Why are we letting her go, we know she's who we want.. Though given you can pick the lock no need to even bother."

Do you know how to contact Nyoko? I honestly forgot about contacting her again and what the plan was. What about you, do you remember?"

Rolling with the questions Ayame pauses to give it consideration, in truth she didn't recall a plan of contacting them, or even knew how to contact the girl. Laughing sheepishly while rubbing the back of her head with her right hand a sweat drop seems to form on her left forehead . "Umm.... I don't think so.. as to contacting her, maybe contact one of the student disciplinary committee members.. Or wander the halls, alternatively we could just leave." While not the best of options for the time being it was all Ayame had.

"What about you Ayame-chan? You think they'd believe me if I said I asked nicely?"

Considering the new set of questions, Ayame pauses, wondering if all was alright with Rei, was she stressed about the Yakuza, was Michio for that matter? And why did they end up stuck with it, would either of them meet expectations.

"Huh? Oh, sorry was thinking. I don't see why not Rei-sama, the Panda, well if she was, did speak to you, she has no reason to lie does she? So why would you have cause to."

Stating the last bit more like a statement than question Ayame strenches slightly before yawning. Veering off from Rei slightly, Ayame states her intentions quickly.

"Think I'll get a Red bean bun and an iced Coffee from the Machine, maybe some of the others had better luck and got the key."

@Karyra @Anyone

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Yuuki Kimura, LightSkyBlue, solid]
YuukiBIco_zpsdzeekkfv.jpeg

[October 23rd​, Afternoon/Hachi-Ou Park]
She didn't believe him. That made sense. He had pretty much just flung it all onto her at once, after all. Hell, even he didn't want to believe himself. But the pain was real, and that function as well…it all simply appeared to be too real to be a dream. He was lucid, after all, and could clearly recall every odd detail. Not to mention that he, personally, did not believe he'd fall over and just sleep. Not in such a spooky place. Not when an odd wind blew through the trees and raised all the hair on his neck.

Not when sleeping like that would have meant waking up in a darkened forest.

His eyes scanned the sky once more. It was getting darker now, the sun slowly dipping towards the horizon. Long shadows were extending. Yuuki bit his lower lip. This was harder than he expected. Yuri didn't believe him, that much was clear, and he also didn't really feel like pushing all of his personal troubles onto her. Hell, the greatest feeling he had right now was a desire to just avoid this problem and hope that it was a one-time thing, that the hacker was just messing around randomly.

But he was going to push a little more. Just do a little more thinking. The pen in his hand twirled around his fingers as Yuuki ultimately shrugged.

"Sorry, maybe I just need some time to organize my thoughts. Need to sort things out, confirm some other things, and do some research. I know what I saw, and I know that I wouldn't normally do something like nap…and I can't remember making such a decision…but perhaps you're right."

With that, Yuuki headed towards the hole in the fence once more, a certain tension still in his back.

"By the way, need me to scooter you anywhere, Yuri?"

The pressure remained. The mistrust remained. But he pushed it all aside for now. After all this, Yuuki really just wanted to head home, sort through his pictures, and take a long bath.
@Ehb
[/fieldbox]

[October 23rd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Hallways]

"Umm.... I don't think so.. as to contacting her, maybe contact one of the student disciplinary committee members.. Or wander the halls, alternatively we could just leave."

First one was a no. If she did that that would mean possibly stumbling upon what had happened in the hallway earlier and... no thanks she was fine with just wandering. Leaving with the key would probably be seen as more rude than she'd been earlier, not to mention it'd leave everyone else hanging in the wind. Letting the two squabble for a while a school was fine, but just ditching them seemed too mean.

"All very good options, but we can't leave. Plus, I'm sure that we'll remember..."

Rei asked more and then Ayame had apparently been silent. Rei needed to break this habit of assuming that people followed and just leaving without them. She'd wondered if she really had left Ayame somewhere for a little bit. As for the believably of their key acquisition...

"Huh? Oh, sorry was thinking. I don't see why not Rei-sama, the Panda, well if she was, did speak to you, she has no reason to lie does she? So why would you have cause to."

"What are you-"

But they wouldn't. She'd asked nicely and gone with Ayame to fetch a key from a group known for battling. Because that didn't sound like a lie the more she simplified it. She half wondered whether or not to virtu-ava Ayame just to make it look like they'd fought or done something more in line with a Virut-ava Clan game.

"Think I'll get a Red bean bun and an iced Coffee from the Machine, maybe some of the others had better luck and got the key."

"Oh, you think that we didn't get the key," Rei said, opening the notebook and pulling out the silver key. "We did. And I'm not sure anyone would believe that I asked nicely for it. However, since we're wandering the hallways for a while, that sounds like a good snack to have while we wait."

She didn't have a bad reputation, but the Social Morals Officers knew her habit of opting out of class projects that meant anything to the Officers who'd set it up. But with good grades and a focused mother, Rei always seemed to be fine the next day. Chastisement and maybe some more work to do at home, but hardly ever did she seem deterred from her stubborn path of ignoring them. So, no. She wasn't totally thinking that they'd be believed.

"I'm half tempted to do a virtu-ava battle, since we didn't fight in the library and we have an unknown amount of free time. But... all these people in the hallways and the Social Morals Officers... I'd rather not invite trouble now that we have the key."

Wait. Didn't Nyoko say something about contacting her? Oh yeah in all the weirdness and library nonsense Rei had forgotten. Quickly, she pulled up a message on her chip and sent it.
Nyoko,

Found the key. Meet us by the machine serving Red bean buns and Coffee. Be sure to tell the others, as I don't want to message people and walk to the meeting spot at the same time.

Sincerely,
Rei Saionji

"I just remembered that we can contact her. I guess I just put it out of my mind. So I sent a message to meet her by the machines, so we should get going and get those snacks before she gets there."

@RedArmyShogun @Anyonenear
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Nishimura Iori, #ffb8da, solid]
Iori%20Ico_zpsn6mn1uok.jpeg

"Imada-san, Kamijou-san, do you people really get what you're saying right now?"

Iori's template smile faded when she heard the following sentence. She turned towards the direction of the voice.

"Mizunohara-san just proved to the entire school that she's a hacker! She might've 'saved' Lisa, but, how do we know that she wasn't the one who made her do all of that in the first place? Do you two even know anyone else in the school who'd be able to pull if off besides her?"

The maid simply did a noticeable sigh and crossed her hands as the female student spoke against the support of Sagawa.

"She has has already ruined it for everyone else in the class! Lisa was one of the few of us who ever actually talked to her normally, and she's had this entire year to try getting into her chip! Doesn't it no seem suspicious that the first major victim who to get controlled was someone who was in the same class as Mizunohara and also someone who talked to her?"

("If Sagawa hacks people because people are trying to get close to her, then why she should hack the Camera Girl first? She could have hacked me first and turn me upside down considering the amount of... 'grief' that I have caused to her.")

The others seemed quite worried. A sad, unfortunate fact. The silence that soon followed was just an icing on the cake. As for the pink haired girl, she remained in her disinterested look as usual.

"That girl even had the gall to say she didn't like any of us while trying to still look like a victim. Shouldn't that be about enough to get the point across? She might as well have said: 'I hate all of you, but I didn't do it!'."

Another sigh from the maid. That line was obviously a slip up. Sure, she certainly hates people like Iori herself, but Chiyo has full points in the sincerity department. The maid probably has the muscles to protect her master and the meat bun lover with all of her might. Not to mention what Sagawa has to gain from doing all these fiascos? From what the maid can observe between her interaction with the infamous lazy girl Tsubasa, Sagawa is certainly lazy.

"That's so pathetic. But, for someone as sad as she is, It's only natural she'd want to impress you, right, Imada?"

("Impress? What?")

Another disappointed look from Iori.

"Even if it really is someone else doing it, until that truth is confirmed - If you insist on protecting Mizunohara, you might end up getting ostracized for it. I don't know what happened with you two in the span of a day, Imada, but you're better off just letting it go and moving on. That hacker made an example out of someone who was associated with her. If they start seeing you like they did Yamagawa-chan, how would you possibly stand against them?"

The line between saving your own hide or doing your duty and become the heroine of the month. It was obvious that female student was asking Chiyo to let Sagawa become the scapegoat of the ongoing hacking incident.

"Chiyo... you seriously can't be convinced that supporting her is a good idea at this point, right?"

Here comes the persuasive part of the conversation. To the maid, that girl and her friends behind her somewhat mattered to Chiyo. Iori often seeing them eating together with Chiyo. Upon realizing that fact, the maid sighed for the third time.

A heavy decision that Chiyo has to make. Seeing this, the pink haired girl decided to wait, hoping that Michio or Chiyo to speak up first, as those students were directly speaking to them.

However, it seemed like they are not going to address them anytime soon. Just like before, the maid stood out first.

"I think it's quite irresponsible for Imada-san to let the case go and call it a day. You're persuading a Social Morals officer to abandon her responsibility."

She spoke in a neutral tone, with her usual professional expression.

"Kamijou-kun said that he heard from Amane-san that Imada-san and Mizunohara-san were supposed to conduct a private investigation on the hacking incident."

The maid continued on.

"If Imada-san decided to quit, it is most likely that Mizunohara-san will become the scapegoat of the major hacking incident and the true culprit will get away."

"Of course, everything will be fine afterwards once... Mizunohara-san gets prosecuted as the hacker... Right?"

Iori smiled, but her expression soon changed into a fierce one.

"But what if the actual hacker decides to strike again? Are you going to say that Mizunohara-san did it again if she managed to return to school?"

The maid exhaled. "Can you even imagine the implications of getting that fake peace resulted from Mizunohara-san's prosecution?"

"If you're worried about getting hacked, I suggest turning off Active Render, stop using your VR chips, uninstall their apps and upgrade your chip's security. You can easily done all these through the Internet, not to mention it's a good time to use your smartphones."

The pink haired girl said, while spinning her white Sony Xperia XA, hinting that she has long abandoned the communicative functions of the VR chip.

"Kamijou-kun and Imada-san..." Iori turned to Chiyo and Michio with a desperate look. "Both of you have the powers to reverse and find the truth behind these incidents, unfortunately. However, that doesn't mean I won't be lending a hand."

"So please..." The maid took a deep breath, her eyes specifically looking at Chiyo. "Help the poor outcast girl."

@Raven Haruka
@Accelerator
@Weisenhart
@Makomin
@_get_working_guys_girls_before_we_get_timeskipped_and_bad_end
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Kamijou Michio, plum, solid]
MichioIcopeg_zps8txoshd1.jpg

[October 23rd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, First Floor Nurse's Office]

Today was sure full of surprises for the white haired, social morals officer.

Firstly, after what had just happened to Sagawa a while ago, he was astonished that the usually meek Chiyo Imada had spoken up to him, and in a somehow condescending manner too. Not only that, but Sagawa's own classmates, some of which benefitted from the tech wizards abilities be it in the form of group projects or personal favors were now antagonizing her. Lastly, he witnessed Iori Nishimura defend Sagawa in a way even Michio thought he couldn't do any better.

He decided to address the concerns of the majority first, and try to pacify their anger. Now that Iori landed the bad cop routine perfectly by slapping the students with some reality, he decided to be the good cop to complete the routine.

"Helping Sagawa is a given, Nishimura-san. thank you for voicing your concerns. Even without Imada-san's aid I'd still do my best to help in apprehending the true hacker." With a reassuring tone, he clearly voiced his intentions to Iori after nodding to her thankfully.

Then, he faced the group of angry students.

"After what had just happened earlier, I wouldn't hold it against you why you're talking about a classmate in such a... negative manner. However, does giving a man a knife automatically make him a murderer. A talent, like a knife, is a tool that can be used to either help or harm others. So what if Mizunohara-san is a hacker? You saw how she put herself on the line just to prevent Yamagawa-san from possibly plummeting to her death! Is that not proof enough how despite being a Hacker, Mizunohara had good intentions? In the first place, if she was the one responsible for all this nonsense we've been forced to deal with since a week ago, why would she have saved Yamagawa-san? Because she cared about her! Because she may be a hacker but she isn't the hacker that has been messing up with our daily lives until now. Ladies and gentleman, I regret to inform you that all of us have been deceived by the true hacker. When Amane-san had Mizunohara-san arrested, we lost not only a talented student, but also an innocent person to injustice. And dare I say this, but we have also lost probably the best person suited to combat the hacker at his or her own game."

"I know that you guys and Mizunohara-san don't particularly get along but you can't blame her if she doesn't like most people. After all, most people treat her in the most unpleasant of ways without even taking the time and effort to know her side of the story. All I am asking... no... " Michio suddenly bowed deeply to the students as he voiced his true feelings with conviction. "begging you is to give her the benefit of the doubt and not outright label her as the villain. Even though she may have treated you coldly, she has also helped you out willingly with one or two requests in the pasts, right? That's the kind of person she is. She may treat others coldly, and it may take quite a while before she warms up to others but she'll always try to help. Just like she did earlier to save Yamagawa-san! She'll never do anything to hurt others. So please... until we can find some proof of Mizunohara-san's innocence or... guilt... I ask that you give her a chance... give her the benefit of the doubt." Although he was pleading before these students, his voice never once faltered.

After finishing what he had to say to the students, Michio then turned to confront Chiyo. Provided, she did present some valid points regarding the status of 2-A if both of them focused on finding out who the culprit truly was, he did find some flaws in her statement as well.

"I certainly have no such program to counter a hacking attempt but I'd like to believe that we are in the same boat regarding that, Imada-san. Or are you saying you have such Anti-hacking programs installed in your chip? The way I see it, every student here in Hisakawa is vulnerable to hacking, not just me and you. Are you proposing you do this alone, then? You saw what that bastard did to Yamagawa-san, and you still would like to do this alone? What are you going to do if the hacker manages to successfully turn you into his/her puppet? Doing this alone is far too risky. Investigations should be done at least in pairs so if one of the investigators are compromised, the other could attempt to contain his/her partner." Michio retorted to the peach. "You're a precious friend as well, Imada-san. All of you are. I don't want any of you... any more students to become a victim of the hacker. "

"I understand your concerns, Imada-san. I know Sagawa wouldn't want me to get involved in this. But I'm not going to idly stand by as she awaits her persecution while the hacker could potentially be sending students jumping out of the building at any given moment. This has to stop, Imada-san. And the only way to stop the hacker is if we all work together efficiently. If it's the class you're concerned about, I will handle it. But. I refuse to be left in the dark about the investigation and do nothing to help. Besides, even if we gather substantial evidence to prove Sagawa's innocence, there is no way Kokoro Amane would listen to any of us unless we have enough influence. And I could only think of one way to gain enough influence that Kokoro would have no choice but to hear me out a second time."

Yes. If he could somehow become the next Yakuza Boss, he would get power that would be more than worth Kokoro's time and attention.

After a few moments, Michio let out an exasperated sigh. Chiyo was starting to become Sagawa's friend and he realized she was only trying to protect him from danger. However, he simply couldn't let himself to sit this one out as the number of victims rise every day.

"Let's compromise then, Imada-san. I will agree to your proposal if and only if you continuously report to me whenever you're going to conduct an investigation. And if Nishimura-san is with you whenever you conduct such investigations. That way, I would be able to respond immediately should you be compromised. No exceptions." Michio offered.

Having said everything he wanted to voice to Chiyo, all he could do now was wait for the peach's response. Whether or not she accepts or declines his offer was completely up to her but regardless of her answer, he'd still do his best to help Sagawa in any way possible.

[/fieldbox]

@Raven Haruka
@Miya
@Weisenhart
@chaosheart13

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Miya

rlK7Hhw.jpg

[October 23rd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Hallways]

"You think that we didn't get the key,"

"What she gave it to you for asking?" What a weirdo.. Pausing a bit, Ayame is surprised when the key is shown. "Wow! I was going to see about pick pocketing it or jumping her after school! This is likely a better course.." Conceding the point with a shake of her head, Ayame seems impressed though she doesn't state as much.

"I'm half tempted to do a virtu-ava battle I'd rather not invite trouble.

"Ara, Are, would you like to spar against me Rei-Sama? But yes that might be best that we do not, the committee members are likely to show up today." As she looks on Rei seems to have remembered how to contact Nyoko, exhaling a quite breath, now there was little else to do. "If you wish to battle we still could, but as you said with the Committee." Glossing over the suggestion with half-hearted enthusiasm, Ayame ponders how they were told to contact Nyoko, didn't she leave some method of contact..

"I just remembered that we can contact her."

"Ah, so you remembered! I was worried at first, hahaha." Laughing lightly while rubbing the back of her head, Ayame did seem relieved, stopping her head rubbing and digging into her jogging suit's right pocket with her matching hand, the bodyguard starts to count out Yen coins with aid of her left. "Ah good I have enough." As the pair walk the halls they near the Vending machines as the girl seems a little more cheery than before, looking forward to her snack.

(OOC Should we treat this as being near the entrance or the cafeteria? They are common enough to be in a school.)

"I sent a message to meet her by the machines,"

"Too bad they don't have doughnuts in the machines or crepes.." Finally reaching the machines, Ayame doesn't make the purchase outright.Taking the time to stretch her arms above her head, Ayame moves in this position side to side, forward and back in a form of callisthenic exercise.

Buying her two items, Ayame tilts her gaze back to Rei as the items come rolling out of the machines dropper. "What would you like Rei Sama? A few yen coins won't hurt anything on my end."

[/fieldbox]

@Gottkönigin Wen @Karyra

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Chiyo Imada, #fbceb1, solid, 10]
Chiyo%20Ico%20Real_zpscbxdv0hl.jpg

Looking away from Yura, Chiyo couldn't help but tilt her head at the person currently speaking.

"Mizunohara-san just proved to the entire school that she's a hacker! She might've 'saved' Liza, but, how do we know that she wasn't the one who made her do all of that in the first place? Do you two even know anyone else in the school who'd be able to pull if off besides her?"

"That girl even had the gall to say she didn't like any of us while trying to still look like a victim. Shouldn't that be about enough to get the point across? She might as well have said: 'I hate all of you, but I didn't do it!'."

"That's so pathetic. But, for someone as sad as she is, It's only natural she'd want to impress you, right, Imada?"

"...What?"

It was only a given that people would want to blame Sagawa as the "true" hacker-- in fact, Chiyo wasn't very surprised to hear such harsh words about her already. Though, even with that in mind- Chiyo couldn't help but stare in shock at this girl, somebody who she often talked to.

Somebody who she started to call a "friend" at one point or another.

Of course, to everyone else, her sudden involvement with a complete stranger would seem to compel worry- especially since said stranger was none other than the girl who became a scapegoat for something terrible.

Just like Chiyo, this girl was simply performing her duty as a "friend"- looking out for the peach.

A silly emotion began to stew within her, but she hesitated, knowing the consequences of such an emotion would do nothing but bring her more pain in the future.

She hesitated, giving enough time for her maid to form a reasonable response.

"I think it's quite irresponsible for Imada-san to let the case go and call it a day. You're persuading a Social Morals officer to abandon her responsibility."

"If Imada-san decided to quit, it is most likely that Mizunohara-san will become the scapegoat of the major hacking incident and the true culprit will get away."

"Of course, everything will be fine afterwards once... Mizunohara-san gets prosecuted as the hacker... Right?"

"But what if the actual hacker decides to strike again? Are you going to say that Mizunohara-san did it again if she managed to return to school?"

A valuable question, Chiyo nodded in acknowledgement of it. After pointing out ways to not get hacked- and also pointing out her future involvement in this investigation, Iori then pleaded with the two Social Morals officers in the room.

"So please..."
"Help the poor outcast girl."

Before the peach could respond, Michio cut in, pointing out the flaws in the student's argument.

"...Even though she may have treated you coldly, she has also helped you out willingly with one or two requests in the pasts, right? That's the kind of person she is. She may treat others coldly, and it may take quite a while before she warms up to others but she'll always try to help. Just like she did earlier to save Yamagawa-san! She'll never do anything to hurt others. So please... until we can find some proof of Mizunohara-san's innocence or... guilt... I ask that you give her a chance... give her the benefit of the doubt."

Then, he turned to Chiyo, replying to her earlier remarks.

"I certainly have no such program to counter a hacking attempt but I'd like to believe that we are in the same boat regarding that, Imada-san. Or are you saying you have such Anti-hacking programs installed in your chip? The way I see it, every student here in Hisakawa is vulnerable to hacking, not just me and you. Are you proposing you do this alone, then? You saw what that bastard did to Yamagawa-san, and you still would like to do this alone? What are you going to do if the hacker manages to successfully turn you into his/her puppet? Doing this alone is far too risky. Investigations should be done at least in pairs so if one of the investigators are compromised, the other could attempt to contain his/her partner."

Like with the other student, Michio seemed to have an ability at pointing out the flaws in another's argument. That was probably why he was so good at his job, Chiyo concluded.

"You're a precious friend as well, Imada-san. All of you are. I don't want any of you... any more students to become a victim of the hacker. "

His speech...it reminded Chiyo of somebody she didn't want to think about.

It was so similar, that it was disgusting.

"I understand your concerns, Imada-san. I know Sagawa wouldn't want me to get involved in this. But I'm not going to idly stand by as she awaits her persecution while the hacker could potentially be sending students jumping out of the building at any given moment. This has to stop, Imada-san. And the only way to stop the hacker is if we all work together efficiently. If it's the class you're concerned about, I will handle it. But. I refuse to be left in the dark about the investigation and do nothing to help. Besides, even if we gather substantial evidence to prove Sagawa's innocence, there is no way Kokoro Amane would listen to any of us unless we have enough influence. And I could only think of one way to gain enough influence that Kokoro would have no choice but to hear me out a second time."

Huh? What's that?
Before she could voice her thoughts, the topic suddenly switched.

"Let's compromise then, Imada-san. I will agree to your proposal if and only if you continuously report to me whenever you're going to conduct an investigation. And if Nishimura-san is with you whenever you conduct such investigations. That way, I would be able to respond immediately should you be compromised. No exceptions."

"...'Precious'? That's a joke, correct?"

Nobody had called the glasses girl precious before. At least, not that she could remember...

Turning towards the student who voiced her opinions on the matter, she gave her a sad smile.

"You know...I understand where you're coming from. It must be awfully odd to see somebody you know try to help somebody who you aren't on the best of terms with. But, as for what could transpire in a day?"
She paused, taking a breath before continuing.

"Lots of things. A life can be brought into the world, a conflict can end, you can meet somebody brand new- and eventually consider as 'precious'."

"But, life isn't all about happy endings, you know? Wars can begin within a day's events, and friendships can all of a sudden be broken- all of those bonds becoming seemingly meaningless in the big scheme of it all."

"As for those precious people you find? They can also become lost within a day, whether the cause be of separation, disappearance, death..." As she trailed off, a wistful look passed over her face, lasting for only a few moments before she shook her head.

"But, you don't really care about that at all, do you? No, all that matters is the here and now, the things you watched right in front of you. All of this philosophical, 'hidden meaning' stuff doesn't really concern you directly, so therefore you'll only take everything at face value." As harsh as the words sounded, the peach's tone hopefully managed to soften their meaning a little bit.

"So, I'm sorry to say that I won't be giving up that easily. Mizunohara-san doesn't have to 'impress' me at all, but what I am impressed at is the fact that while she had nothing to gain from this, she still sacrificed herself to save Lisa-chan. That alone provides enough reason for me to do my job."

Turning to Michio, she gave a small sigh.

[ "I refuse to be left in the dark about the investigation and do nothing to help." ]
[ "I don't want any of you... any more students to become a victim of the hacker. " ]

...of course he would say things like that.

"It's a fair compromise, Michio-kun. As long as you aren't directly involved in any of this, I can't really complain. Besides, I'm just happy that you're respecting Mizunohara-san's wishes as much as you can."

Facing her maid, Chiyo gave a small bow.

"Iori-san, I'll have to bother you with some extra work. Are you sure you're alright with that?"

In the end, it seems that Iori's decision would decide whether or not the peach would be able to handle this.

If she declined...then Michio would have no reason to keep his end of the compromise, it seemed.

If she accepted, then she would most likely be at the frontlines with Chiyo, the main force against the "true" hacker.
[/fieldbox]
@Miya
@Accelerator
@Ehb
@Others?

[fieldbox= OSHIRO KIRA, #ffa938, solid]
KiraIco_zps0i8a8dmx.jpeg

[BCOLOR=#000000][October 23rd, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Hallways][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Kira held the key up triumphantly. Haha, she didn't need anyone else to save her! She was perfectly capable of doing it on her own! It had been a tough shogi match, but she'd managed to turn it around to her favour and even win. It reminded her of that old man she'd played with at the hotel. He'd always won, but she wished he'd been here to watch his student win. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Eyyy, Hardwired, aren't you going to say something?" Kira asked with a grin, deciding to gloat before she undid their handcuffs. "I'll take a kiss or a-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Yes, undo these handcuffs at once." Nyoko demanded. "I've spent enough time in your presence for the entire week, so don't bother coming into…" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]No. She stopped herself. Nyoko wasn't going to tell Kira that she didn't need to come to the Radio Club for the rest of the week. It would have been mean, and the only reason the rocker was in a club was Nyoko. She was obsessed with her drumming, and might not have gone out of the house if she didn't have school. Besides, it was nice to have someone that played other music than pieces from anime. She never understood how so many liked it. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I don't get any reward?" Kira smirked, then frowned. "You wouldn't have been able to do this without me. I know it, and you know it. Where's my hug?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Don't want to," Nyoko said, shaking her head, realizing how much she sounded like a child. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She was almost about to bend down and hug her annoying little sister on the bench, when a message popped up on her chip's interface. It was from Rei.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Nyoko,[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Found the key. Meet us by the machine serving Red bean buns and Coffee. Be sure to tell the others, as I don't want to message people and walk to the meeting spot at the same time.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Sincerely,[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Rei Saionji[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Huh, there was more than one key? Nyoko was glad that Rei had saved her from showing Kira any physical affection, but who had the right key in that case? Kira or Rei? Was there a third and fourth key?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Feck!" Nyoko swore. "Rei claims to have found a key as well. I don't know why your friend would lie to you, so go ahead and try your key on the handcuffs."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Kira slid the key into the small lock on her handcuff and turned it. Or she would have, but it didn't work. The key didn't budge, and it didn't unlock the handcuffs.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Dammit, Rei," Kira said, struggling with the lock. "I was so close."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Dream on," Nyoko said, and sighed. Maybe it would have been for the better if Kira had freed them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Dream until your dreams come true?" Kira laughed, wondering if she had that song on her. "Was that intentional, Hardwired?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Wait, wait, it doesn't work? I thought Yukimaru gave me the real key?" The Red Panda whom Kira had beaten at shogi said, and she seemed genuinely surprised by the revelation. "Well, I'm sorry in that case. Guess we've all been had."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Yuki…" Nyoko whispered under her breath, clenching her fist. She left without another word, heading for the meeting place that Rei had suggested. Kira was dragged along with no choice in the matter.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]It didn't take long for them to find Rei and Ayame, even though Rei's instructions had been pretty cryptic at best. It wasn't like this was the only vending machine in school, and Nyoko did not keep track of which vending machine contained what items.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Did you have more luck than I did, Rei!?" Kira shouted to her friend, when she saw them, from the other side of the corridor. "Maybe your key will actually work!"[/BCOLOR]

@Karyra @RedArmyShogun

[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.