Hey all,

I realize I just made that announcement about PMing everyone for posts weekly but just being bluntly honest here, I'm really tired out. This RP has been a lot more effort than I initially planned and it feels like trying to keep it alive is way more energy than I should be expending on it.

So for anyone who wants to actively continue this rp, please reply here saying so. I will take all the people who did this by Friday, 23 June, and create a new plot line / course of action (and possibly even a new private thread for us) in place of all the characters who would no longer be involved. If nobody replies, then I will keep posting in the IC if someone is waiting on one of my characters, but I won't be bugging anyone for replies ever, so the thread most likely will quietly die from inactivity if its recent history is anything to go by.
And if everyone replies, then maybe we can all laugh about this later.

Additionally, I have stopped actively recruiting people for the rp (as of today).

A lot of this is my fault. I've made like a billion missteps GMing this and I apologize for that. I've tried to change and improve but at this point it feels like I spend more time bugging people to post than actually posting. I don't like doing that and I'm sure people who aren't too interested in continuing would prefer to quietly drop the rp.

It's been a fun run and I'm thankful to everyone who played and helped me learn to GM through this experience. I'll do 1x1s if anyone's interested in that.
I may remake this rp in the future, but I'm really too tired of the concept right now to pull a total reset of it at the current time.

If you want to run something based on this concept, feel free to "steal" the idea. I hope you're successful! Maybe I can join? xP

I've learned a lot through this experience and will try to not make the same mistakes in other RPs I try to GM. Thank you everyone who has played, enjoyed the RP concept, and/or stuck with me through all of my fumbling.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT 23 June: I've PMed the people for the new rp. Consider this RP now inactive.
No longer accepting new members, but will respond in the [original] IC thread if others still post there.

Last edited:
I'm mostly waiting to see if I should arrive at the HQ or if anyone might be trying to follow Lexii, but if no one posts by Saturday, I'll work on a post.

@Nim Since we're on page 3 I think I can skip to Rye getting off from the library and meeting you over there at HQ. Time has passed a little bit faster than I expected it to.

I'll post tonight or tomorrow, hopefully.

@CaribbeanGirl but you got your main character done so quickly? xP

@PlainJoe Wow! I didn't expect Lawrence to just walk away!! I'm really surprised. D; No one (including Ryan) has plot armor if you had ideas..

@Shavynel I am around more than I thought I would be and bio updates couldn't take more than 5min so feel free to PM me whenever and I'll do it.

@ everyone: is anyone waiting on me/Ryan to post? >_>
@Vardoger Yeah, I know..... and just to let you know, Leena is waiting for Ryan's help to checkout some books. xD

EDIT: Sorry I didn't tag you!

• Thank You
Reactions: Vars
@CaribbeanGirl OK I posted in reply to you. Guess I will have to wait to get back to HQ, @Nim. xP

Reactions: Vardoger
@PlainJoe I was thinking of making a clef character so your guy had something to do . Got any ideas?

A superior, perhaps? Or a partner, like a Vincent to Lawrence's Jules? Someone more responsible and strict compared to Lawrence's lax behaviour?

A strict person, hmmm...

hmmmmmmm

*rubs chin in thought*

Give me the weekend to figure this out.

Reactions: PlainJoe
Is it okay if I re-work the bio a bit? Nothing much, just adding in some details..
Also, I was wondering if anyone with clef characters would want to have past encounters with Aren and/or his family members?

Is it okay if I re-work the bio a bit? Nothing much, just adding in some details..
Also, I was wondering if anyone with clef characters would want to have past encounters with Aren and/or his family members?

i'd think Lawrence would have had to commit to memory, or at least have files ready, to identify undercover clefs. I'm still not sure how the regular Clefs see the Sforzando, given that the latter are basically the more brutal ones, so the closest interaction that any of Aren's family members or Aren himself with Lawrence would be bumping into him on the way to get some coffee from the vending machine, and exchanging greetings.

@Giltine13 sure.

@PlainJoe
That (SFZ and regular clef relationship) is not something I specifically drew out in the rp universe. If you want to define how they interact, you can. Or I can think of something.
Could be no distinction, could be State troopers vs county troopers, could be CIA vs cops or anything else.

A lot of this has been purposefully open-ended so it can be adapted to whatever is convenient, lol.

@PlainJoe
I'm quite sure they could end up working on some cases together or something. I'd see them more as ally organizations that help each other out when needed?
At least I know that Aren's father would use them anytime they are, well, useful for getting rid of a gang or forcing out information, etc.

I just found a neat little something for everyone here who has a former Nausicaa character (Though everyone is free to enjoy it)

Its a cool tune and I like the secondary name because it is fitting in some manner, seeing how both gangs, specifically the people who were once in Nausicca, managed to find the ultimate "Cheat code" to what the government enforced on them.

@HangeZoe I look forward to your character profile! =)

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: HangeZoe
@PlainJoe I'm sorry I haven't come up with a clef character yet. =[
My real life has been kicking my ass lately. Hopefully you and @Giltine13 can plot something though? =]

Wow! So many posts. ^___^

I probably won't be able to get around to posting till Thursday. :\ And I'll send a bio update in then, too. ^^;

@Shavynel No worries.
@djinnamon Do you have a post schedule or anything? Looks like you only log on once a week? I know it'll probably be a while before you get this, but let me know when you do. Thanks.
@Nim your post was so depressing. =(

@ Everyone
Is anyone interested in playing Rye's brother? Because if not I am going to go ahead and make the sheet for him and start playing him.
I do play him a certain way, but I left the option open for others to do whatever-- you don't have to do what I would do if you wanted to play him.

Sidenote:
Added a blurb in the first post about GMs and influential characters. Edited rules slightly by adding better description of the "post styles" rule.
Also I recently re-read my long lore post and oh my god that thing is terrible. D:
I will have to rewrite it. Hopefully soon.

ANOTHER QUESTION FOR EVERYONE:
Do you like everything being defined by you guys or do you want me to take more of a leadership role and start defining things (locations etc) for you?
If you haven't already noticed, I'm a super relaxed GM but I can make the setting if you guys would prefer not to make up stuff as you go along. xD

Last edited: