• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hex code picked and ready to go.

Name: Zachary Fitzpatrick.

Alias: Joyride.

Secret identity? Yes.

Appearance:

Weighing in at 162lbs with a comfortable height of 5'10" it's safe to say that Zachary is a moderately built man. His toned physique and roughly callused hands suggest he's a working man with an active lifestyle, though no where near as active as it actually it. Pale, freckled skin and strawberry-blonde hair betrays an Irish ancestry, while blue betray little; Sitting flat and aloof, only occasionally brought to light with the perk of curiosity. His hair is kept short and relatively neat, while his beard shifts between soft stubble and a short, scraggly mass every time he fancies that he'll grow it out. Like most of his projects, such ambition comes to a halt when he realizes that it simply won't work out like he wants it to.

Costume: As Joyride Zack dons a a form-fitting suit of custom designed motorcycle armor, specifically designed so the pads and plates underneath exaggerate his merely fit physique into something more appropriately heroic. The suit is colored a deep red, almost entirely in fact. The only notable exceptions being the face of the similarly styled motorcycle helmet, which is a black, and a utility harness, boots and gloves all the color of darkened natural leather. A pink, heart shaped patch sits on the right shoulder, Joy spelled out in romanticized font within.

As the suit is technically armor is does provide some form of protection, normal punches and kicks do little, small knives and bludgeons don't have the penetration/power to do much more than potentially cause superficial injury and, of course, damage from crashes and throws is significantly reduced. Against the everything else the suit essentially just a bit of extra padding to get through.

The Harness is home to a plethora of pouches and loops, stuffed with everything Zack needs needs for emergency repairs and more. A large semi-automatic pistol rests at the hip, also for emergencies.

Civilian Clothing: Zack's hardly picky on what he wears in day-to-day life, generally leaning towards practical designs in a red color, but that's hardly the rule. His well-off lifestyle affords him stuff a bit higher on the price ladder, so they are usually well fitted and decently well made.

Joy: Zachary's super-vehicle is a similar red color to his suit, perhaps a bit brighter overall. The paint it kept in immaculate condition and every unpainted part is polished to a blinding sheen. Stylized blue-white flames highlight the edges, painstaking logistics taken into account order so they look right in either form, giving the machine a little bit of personality that it really didn't need. A familiar pink heart is present in either form (On the fuselage in travel mode and the right shoulder in combat mode), 'Joyride' replacing 'Joy'.

Superpower:

Mechanical Genius: Zack's natural inclination for mechanical devices borders on supernatural. It seems almost as if he was injected with the knowledge of engines, gearboxes and whatnot in the womb, whatever he wasn't born with acquired through rigorous self-education. If he's gotten his hands on a piece of machinery it's been taken apart and put back together again, most likely better then it was before. Given such a vastly mechanically inclined mind it seems almost criminal that he should remain a common mechanic. Not like he wants to do anything else, despite owning his own shop he puts the minimal required effort into his day job, 'wasting' his time on increasingly ambitious passion projects resulting in a string of increasingly spectacular failures. He never admits it's his own fault, rather that he's 'cruelly shackled by the boundaries of reality'. His only real success, by his standards, is his beloved Joy.

Joy:
Half motorcycle, half combat-frame, all awesome. The brainchild of a man with way too much mechanical know-how and too little regard for practicality, Joy is a 'super-vehicle', capable of transforming between a travel mode and a strength enhancing combat mode. This transformation is quite quick, taking about four seconds total and looking as if it could easily mangle Zachary if something were to go wrong. Which is absolutely correct. Specifically built for his frame anyone else who attempts to pilot Joy risks injury or messy death during the transformation. Not that they would be able to pilot it on the first place, the control system is about as user-unfriendly as one could manage.
  • Travel Mode: In travel mode Joy represents a large, heavy motorcycle, though almost any passerby could identify that something more lies under. In this mode it more-or-less functions just like its mundane counterparts, if not a bit better in most aspects. It can reach an absolutely mad 225mph assuming an appropriately long stretch of paved road and is overbuilt with redundancies so it could sustain a bit of damage before failing. Originally Zack intended this mode to be able to 'jump' but found that he couldn't find a way for him to do so without splatting as he landed.
  • Combat Mode: When transformed into combat mode Joy 'wraps' around Zack, turning into a strength-enhancing exo-frame. Large mechanically assisted limbs encase his arms and legs, the windshield shifting to his back along with the relatively vulnerable engine. Unfortunately, the front of his torso and head are left unprotected, requiring him to block actively with his arms in combat. Despite its clumsy appearance, Zack pilots it like a pro, moving around as if he's wearing a second skin. Do not think it a subtle machine though, the poorly muffled motor screams with every effort while, light, puffy exhaust spews from the twin exhaust pipes behind his shoulders. Not that he minds, Joy is literally a machine of fight or flight.

For all of this trouble Zack gains a variable strength enhancing fighting vehicle (or 'You wouldn't understand' as he explains it to others), granting him the strength to pick-up and throw mid-sized cars and smash through concrete walls. Not easily mind you, to reach such heights he must 'redline' the motor, risking a blowout should he do it too many times or for too long. Not to mention the risk of hearing damage from the absolutely monstrous roar as the machine is pushed to its limits. Most times he simply limits it to a few times human strength, just so he doesn't doesn't absolutely murder some poor shmuck who's caught on the wrong side of his massive steel fists. It also slightly enhances endurance, just enough to keep him going through a protracted fight.
In either mode the greatest vulnerability is the motor, if it's blown out or damaged for any reason Zack is effectively 'de-powered' for as long as it takes for him to get it working again. Potentially an entire mission. The gas tank is also somewhat vulnerable, but is buried deeply enough in either form that that Joy would have mostly likely been rendered inoperable before significant damage could be dealt. Still, if it is damaged it is possible for a gas-fire to start, burning out the vehicle completely in short order.

Reason to join: Zachary sees the Volt Patrol as both a meaningful endeavor and as a good jumping point for a new chapter in his life. Not too mention it's a convenient way for him to live his vigilante lifestyle without fear of the authorities catching him, not that he thinks that possible.

Bio: The downfall of Zachary Fitzpatrick was quick as it was inevitable. His desperate attempt to balance a safe home life, running his own business would be enough to break many men, but he was hardly content with those two things alone and pursued a strange passion in the dead of night; Vigilantism.

When Zack met his wife nearly a decade ago he was a chronically unemployed 'professional' mechanic who barely survived off scrap and bit jobs. He was content, confident that the side project in his rented garage was going be his ticket to a fulfilled life. One night in some rundown bar in the middle of the city he looked up from his drink and chanced upon the eyes of an admiring lady. She smiled, Zack smiled and for a very long moment his grand plans were forgotten. They would marry two years later and only a year after that they bore a pair of twin girls.

Zack was thrust into a position of responsibility, though happier than he was before, he finally managed to hold down a full time job as a mechanic and soon found that his abilities far outstripped what he was payed. So he bought out that garage he once rented, spiffed it up and started his own practice of sorts, gaining a host of loyal clientele almost immediately as word spread. Money came fast, faster than he ever could have imagined, but he spent it responsibly and soon had a house for him and his family to call their own. Stability, something he'd never even thought to have, was attained and with it an easy life of short work days and plenty of leisure. For a short while at least, the fire in the souls of those like Zachary are not easily quenched and soon the long moment in which he forgot his grand plans ended and the thought of that project forever sitting unfinished in the back of his garage irked him.

His leisure time switched focus from family to craft, excusing himself with the simple explanation that there was simply a lot more work to be done than before. As the months ticked on he became more engrossed, each passing day brought on new ideas and each failure only drove him to a new level of fanaticism as he scrapped and started again. He was almost never home, only coming back to sleep at first, but even then he eventually just brought a cot to his shop and slept there most days.

All of his hard work paid off and the machine he simply named Joy came into being and with her creation the second part of his 'grand plan' was put into action.

Joyride he called himself, more appropriate than even he knew, what time was once focused on building was now taken by action, ripping through the streets of Voltapolis listening in on a 'salvaged' police radio to combat crime wherever he could, taking off in a mad rush of dust and exhaust, leaving only confused and battered thugs to be found by the cops. Somehow, by some miracle or another, he managed to evade police forces every time, almost always escaping minutes before a squad car could respond.

He was living what he had dreamed nearly a decade before, but every night he returned home his wife asked him about fresh bruises and cuts he had acquired. Excusing them as 'accidents' could only work for so long though and after a month of heated arguments and silent stares Zachary came home one night to find his wife and children gone, only a slip of paper saying 'Gone To Parents' left. He hasn't seen them since.

One night in a rundown bar in the middle of the city he looked up from his drink and chanced upon the admiring eyes of a gentleman. He smiled, Zack smiled and for a very short moment his troubles were forgotten. They would part ways two days later and never see each other again. That moment though, however short it was, told opened up Zack's eyes to a world he never thought to explore and with it hope for a new future. He spotted a brochure looking for members to join a 'Volt Patrol' and thought to Joy sitting in his garage, now confident that it was going to be his ticket to a fulfilled life.

Hexcode: FF0000

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Marcus Oru
Almost there! Just need a hexcode please :)
Name: Corey George
Yay I like the changes, thanks! Still accepted ;)
Name: James Carter
Accepted!
Name: Ramona Baron
Thanks for the update! Accepted!
Name:
Alexandra Alfson
Thanks for the hexcode, accepted!
Name: Zachary Fitzpatrick.
Get to work, you lazy fiend! :P

@Zed COME ON BUDDY, I'M KEEPING YOUR SPOT BUT JEEZ! I have faith in you though c:

IC Post will be up in the next hour --

Here are the posting instructions:

1. The reason I asked for a hexcode, is for you to use coloured speech text. When writing collabs with other players, it is extremely useful. All you have to do is: [color=#hexcode]Speech text![/color] It's pretty simple, and I would GREATLY appreciate if everyone used their hexcode <3
  2. This first round, it's basically your character receiving their "acceptance letter" and heading out to the meeting place. You decide if you want to include more "before" the reception of the letter. Approximately 2 weeks have happened between first receiving the recruiting offer, and you received the acceptance letter the day before the IC post. At the end of your post though, you must be at the indicated location!
  3. Some of you will have received an In Character PM, whether you tell other players what it is about is up to you -- but I would obviously prefer it remain between you and me for the meantime :)
  4. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask either here or on Discord!
  5. The opening post for the OOC will also be updated with more information! Stay tuned!
  6. Life can be hectic, therefore the next GM post will be September 30th - October 3rd. I understand it's like 10-14 days, but if you want, you can post more than once if you wish to interact with other characters Just make sure to remain reasonable, and when in doubt, ask me or Snakey. As indicated, the posting schedule is flexible since I have other RPs and adult things to do!
I hope I meet everyone's expectations and glhf! [BCOLOR=#000000][/BCOLOR]

• Nice Execution!
  • Love
Reactions: Brea and Niiwa
Just a heads up, I don't use other hexcodes in collab posts if I'm the one posting, neither will I use other hex codes in posts where dialogue is sometimes repeated from other posts o.o I do all my roleplaying from my phone and I don't use the rich code editor. That and I find it less confusing when the character of the poster is distinguished from the rest of the characters.

Just a heads up, I don't use other hexcodes in collab posts if I'm the one posting, neither will I use other hex codes in posts where dialogue is sometimes repeated from other posts o.o I do all my roleplaying from my phone and I don't use the rich code editor. That and I find it less confusing when the character of the poster is distinguished from the rest of the characters.
All right -- I understand, but I would prefer if character dialogue is in coloured text. I mean, I'll edit in the colour for you if that's an issue 8D I suspect collab posts will be pretty common, and if need be, your partner(s) can post it for you!

Then again... it's a strong suggestion, but it won't be like "OMG NO NOCTIS USE COLOURED TEXT WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" xD

• Thank You
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
I've been offline since Friday (super relieved to see the IC just went up today, haha). Is there anything important I missed in Discord in my absence?

pfff omg I just realized the opening post uses the wrong hexcode for the mayor! xD I will change that immediately D:

I don't think I've collabed with any of you yet for the mayor, but her hex should be [color= #ff9500]#ff9500[/color]

I'm just going to tag everyone so no one misses the message :)

@LimeyPanda @Snakey @DeadAxl @Potatocat @Goldmarble @Brea @Tyrannosaurus Rekt @Noctis the Devious @Jorick @Niiwa @Cerulean @Absinthe @Zed @Mundane Monster @Stryder

yellow
About sexual content:

I've discussed it with Diana and Alan.

We have the OK to post sexual content under these conditions:

1- Must always be under a spoiler/hider tag, with a warning that it is a sexually explicit scene.

2- Must be combined with a regular post.

3- Cannot happen for every post. This means no back-and-forth sexing up. Those must be done exclusively by PM or through any other IM. You can ask me to create a specific channel for you and the player you plan on smutting with on the Discord server, and you will have a channel no one else but you two have access to. If you have any concerns about it or are not sure if what you want to post is OK, feel free to ask me.

If you ever receive a warning despite following those guidelines, please let me know and I will look into it.

EDIT
Just for clarification -- this is why I only accepted redstar members and that all characters are above 18. Sexy roleplay with members of different group ages (redstar vs bluestar) are not allowed, please keep in mind Iwaku sexual roleplay policies.

Last edited:
-WiP-

Name: George Straight.

Alias: No, just George Straight.

Secret identity? No. George has made a lot of enemies over his decade long career, a few more couldn't hurt.

Appearance:

Coming in at 6'1" while weighing only a relatively light 165lbs, the wiry muscle that graces George's lanky figure clings to him in tight knots; Practiced at the gym, honed on the street. Pale skin stretches taut over his form, a perfect canvas for the myriad of tatoos that paint his torso. His face also looks to have sustained a bit of 'honing', a once strong nose has been bent slightly to the left and he's missing one of his incisors. Something he's been meaning to replace, but cash has been tight. The rest of his visage gives off a sort of disheveled look, short black hair is unkempt and wild, whiskers are let to grow for weeks before being crudely shaved off at whatever time's convenient and tired brown eyes only smolder with the coals of a fire long extinguished.

George's clothing keeps up the theme. He makes the barest attempt to keep up a detective look, the battered trench-coat 'gracing' his shoulders the only reoccurring piece of clothing on his 'outings'. The rest is made up of whatever he picks out of the 'clean' pile on his apartment floor or, later in the week, the 'looks clean' pile. At formal events he tucks in his shirt. A lit cigarette almost always hangs loose from his lips, probably the reason that he speaks like gravel caught throat cancer.

Power:

The Sumer Codec (c1621): Said to be the first spellbook ever written by men, personally dictated by Atu, god of all heaven. The Sumer Codec holds hundreds of spells, some of which can level cities with brimstone or decimate populations with deadly plagues. As luck would have it though, George does not possess the Sumer Codec, but an incomplete copy written down by an Italian monk during the renaissance. Though only possessing one fifth of the content said to be in the original, The Sumer Codec (c1621) is still a potent object of magic.

In the two years he has held possession of the Codec George has managed to transcribe seven distinct spells:
  1. Spoil: Spoils all food and drink in the caster's immediate vicinity. Milk products curdle, bread instantly molds and even water takes on a sour taste.
  2. Illuminate: Causes one small object in the caster's vision to shine brightly, comparable to that of a roaring campfire.
  3. Kindle: A flammable object in the caster's vision catches a small flame, possibly growing into a large blaze if left unattended.
  4. Cast Stone: Hurls a nearby fist sized stone or brick at a target within the caster's vision.
  5. Secret Whispers: Sends a mental message to a single recipient. The subject must either be within the caster's vision, or the caster must personally know the subject. Secret whispers does not require any physical component to cast, only the caster to whisper out loud what they intend to send.
  6. Fit of Laughter: A subject within vision starts laughing uncontrollably for approximately a minute. Can be maintained longer if the caster holds focus onto the subject.
  7. Taunting Voices: A subject within vision is beset upon by a chorus of ghostly voices, insulting and belittling them for approximately a minute. Can be maintained longer if the caster holds focus onto the subject.
All spells require the codec to be opened and in hand, but only take a quick few words and a hand gesture to cast, unless specified otherwise.

Hardened: A decade as a PI has hardened the George; He has taken more than his fair share of beatings and has even dealt some in turn. George has been known to use anything he can get his hand on as a weapon, but prefers his pair of custom ordered brass knuckles. 'George' engraved on the right knuckle, 'Strait' engraved on the left. Just so any brute that crosses his path knows who's punching him in the face. As back up he carries a snubnosed .38 Special, just in case.

Reason to join: A chance to turn his life around, do some real good for the world the only way he knows how. Who knows, maybe he just might make a buck to boot.

Bio:

Hexcode: 99cc00

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to say thank you for being so invested in this RP ^_^ I love that we're all kinda building things together, and that a lot of you have given me some plot bunnies or NPCs I can screw around with literally. I'm reading the IC now (finally) and your characters make me laugh and make me happy! Yay!

Okay cheesy time over.

I thought it would be cool if we all posted a song in relation to our characters. Whether it's already obvious the reason behind the song or if it's still something "hidden" that we'll slowly discover over time... It's all good! It's meant to be fun and give other players and myself a little insight on your character :3 You don't have to post anything obviously if you don't feel like it.

Here is mine for Black Blossom:

Here is for Ms Mayor Rin Maki:

Looking forward to seeing everyone's replies :3

There we go, painfully mundane post is up. 8D

Yeah, seriously Jorick. Fuck you and your wonderful, but fucking bloated to hell post.

I thought it would be cool if we all posted a song in relation to our characters. Whether it's already obvious the reason behind the song or if it's still something "hidden" that we'll slowly discover over time... It's all good! It's meant to be fun and give other players and myself a little insight on your character :3 You don't have to post anything obviously if you don't feel like it.
This one, because reasons.

Here's Ramona/Q's!

hmmm this one took me a long time to decide and I'm still not sure if it's right but here's Amberly's/Red Riot's!

Hmm, Distilling an entire character down to a single song? You're never easy, are you darlin'?

For Michael himself? I'm gunna go with...

As for Hustle? Well, let's go with...

Status
Not open for further replies.