Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms Mayor profile was to be added to the opening post -- I don't want to confuse GMNPCs with GMPCs! :)

[fieldbox="Black Blossom, #6d4299, solid, 15, aharoni"]
Name: REDACTED

Secret identity? Black Blossom. She is not very well known, but anyone who surfs the interwebs and looks up local superpower people will come across her. No one knows who she is in real life, and rarely does she make "public" appearances.

Appearance (civil + costume if applicable): Black Blossom wears a black kimono and a Japanese "oni" (demon) mask. The eyes area on it are actually see-through. She does not talk very much nor does she ever take her mask off. She wears the whole Japanese-style sandals, so she might seem approximately 5 feet 6. She has a small frame, and even wears gloves to hide her hands – although she will take one off to use her powers.

Superpower: Precognition. Black Blossom can see probable futures, like threads, and those futures are not set in stone. She cannot see what can influence them, which is her main weakness. She cannot determine if a vision is something to happen soon, in ten years, or next week – or if they will happen at all. She has minimum control over them and they will happen when she has physical contact with something related to the vision. For example, she could be watching the news and when grabbing the TV remote control, have a vision of X event about whatever is currently happening on the news, but there is no telling if this will actually happen or if she can prevent it. Since Black Blossom is well-informed and has a huge network online, she can work through her contacts to have more information, and perhaps that is her best superpower.

Reason to join: REDACTED Black Blossom has applied for the superhero recruitment because she feels it is time for her to do some good, and perhaps she was a little bit lonely and in need of some human contact.

Bio: Black Blossom made her first appearance online nine years ago, when the first pro-superhuman laws were passed in Voltapolis. She has managed to keep her identity secret for the entire time. She follows other supernatural beings and superhumans on social medias, stalking them online and spending most of her time blogging about events relating to people like her.

Black Blossom is quiet, discreet and very well-informed. Secrets rarely escape her, and she has a national network formed of other precogs, and some other valuable superpowered folks. She lives alone, and makes damn sure no one ever finds out where she lives. She is a fan of Japanese folk stories (fine, she is a "weeb" and admits to it in one of her blog posts), and inspired herself from them to create her costume and persona.

Hexcode: #6d4299
[/fieldbox]

[bg=#a8a8a8]

#d12a00
"Funny how our best friends can also be our worst enemies."
[/bg]
[bg=#ffffff]

Name:
"Pronounced Zen-Uh. I will never understand why people struggle with this."
. Xena Hailey Rose .

Alias:
"I... have no idea what you're talking about. If you mean nicknames my friends call me Xen."
. Xen, Rose .
. Media has taken to calling her 'Metallic Angel.' Sometimes they call her 'Angel' for short .

Secret identity?
"Wouldn't you like to know."
. Metallic Angel has been Xena's secret identity for a while now. What started out as a way for her to be famous while still having the opportunity to lead a normal life has turned into a double identity. Most people know Xena as the bartender with a pretty face... and a bad attitude. No one would suspect she's the winged hero in the sky when duty calls .

"Let's play a game. You guess, and I'll punch you if you're wrong."
. 23 .

Personality:
"I take pride in being a closed book."
. A girl of tact, Xena has perfected the art of manipulation. She is not afraid to put up an act to get what she wants, and she will go to great lengths to achieve her goals. As a sort of self-defense mechanism, she has developed a great deal of wit to accompany her sarcastic tendencies. Most people would describe her as just plain mean, mainly because she is only outwardly kind to those she deems worthy. She is insanely honest, and this makes her come off as rather rude. Xena knows how to be very charming, when she wants to be. She's calculating and, above all, Xena knows how to appear. She knows who she needs to be in each situation, and will change to fit the role. As a child of neglect, Xena truly desires attention. She will go to great lengths to get it, whether it be negative or positive attention. However, she also wants to be loved, or rather to be significant to someone. This makes her very easily manipulated, because if someone shows her even the slightest bit of affection she will become unreasonably loyal to them. She is extremely brave, likely a result of her fending for herself most of her life. Also for this reason, Xena has grown to be rather selfish. She's been taught by the world that if she doesn't look out for herself, no one will. Independent and determined, Xena believes that if she puts the work in she can get whatever her heart desires .

Appearance:
"I think I'm pretty, don't you?"
. Standing only 5'4'' and weighing a measly 108 lbs, Xena has always been a girl with a smaller build. Her bright blue eyes and freckled nose give her an innocent look, but don't allow this to fool you, she's much more than a pretty face. Her blonde hair is naturally curly, and is usually tied up. She has a few tiny scars here and there, from injuries she hardly remembers. When Xena was twenty she got a tattoo of birds across her back, because she remembered her mother having a similar tattoo. No one ever sees this tattoo, however, because Xena never wears clothing that shows her back. This is due to the ugly scars all over her back, caused by her ability. Xena never goes anywhere without her makeup done, and she often prefers lipstick to lip gloss. Her style is changing, depending on her mood. On Monday she could wear a magenta dress with black boots, but on Tuesday she could wear jeans and a leather jacket. She does, however, always accessorize .

. While she does normally wear her hair up, when she is in her super suit she keeps it down. Early prototypes of her suit included a purely black spandex body suit. As she continued to help with petty crimes she started getting recognition around the communities she helped. Eventually the media coined the term 'Metallic Angel' and the name stuck. At this time she decided to trade in her cheap spandex for something much more fitting to her title. She tried a lot of different things, from jumpsuits to a silk white dress. Recently, she designed a suit that she thinks she'll keep around for the long run. An armored two-peice suit, and a winged mask to match. Xena hates to admit it, but the slightly 'skimpy' get up is easy to move around in, and she thinks it makes her like a comic book superhero .
[spoili]
paragon_female_armor_by_jasonj05.jpg
[/spoili] [spoili]
gilded_angel_leather_mask_by_mummerscat-d4b1508.jpg
[/spoili]

Superpower:
"Superpower? What superpower?"
Ferrokinetic Wing Manifestation
Overview
Basically, the ability to create wings made of metal. Xena can use them for flight, as well as shields and offensive weapons. She has ugly scars all over her back where the wings tuck themselves beneath the skin. They can be felt through the skin, but Xena will tell anyone who touches her that what they're feeling are only her bones, no matter how anatomically incorrect this excuse is. Because the wings tuck beneath her skin, the cells on her back do regenerate at an exhilarated pace. However, she does not really posses a healing factor, because this only works when she is tucking her wings back inside her body. Her wingspan from tip to tip is 7.5 feet, and her wings are just as tall as she is.
Limitations
Xena can fly for as long as she can physically handle it. Just like running, the continuous movement will eventually tire her out and she will need to take a rest. Her wings are made of very durable metal, though there is no telling what kind. It is very possible that the metal does not exist on earth, but Xena has no way of proving this. The metal can be bent, which causes her a great deal pain, but it takes a lot of weight before this happens. Heat does make the metal less tough. Her wings can also be broken, but this again requires a good amount of brute force. If her wings are broken, they must heal like a bone would.
Weaknesses
Because her wings are made of metal, heat does affect her in very painful ways. If they get too hot while she has them out then her skin burns at the base of the wings, and she can't tuck her wings back inside of her until they have cooled down. If her back gets too hot while they are inside of her she gets burned internally, which is very painful for her. This ability doesn't do much for her when her wings are not out, so she can be killed just as easily as any mortal. Also, because her wings are a part of her she feels everything that happens to them, just not as much as she would if they were made of flesh. Meaning, she does have a stronger pain threshold for them, but can still feel the pain when they are hurt. Lastly, Xena is insecure of the scars on her back, and this insecurity can affect her day to day life in negative ways.

Reason To Join:
"Eh, you've got me. But my reason to join is just as good as any."
. Fame, really. Xena enjoys being recognized for her good doing, even if no one really knows it's her. Some extra cash never hurt anyone, either. As a bartender, Xena will take money wherever she can get it- provided she won't be giving up any of her own morals in the process. Not to mention it has always been a dream of hers to meet people with abilities like her .

Bio:
"Like anyone's ever had a 'perfect' life."
[spoili]
Xena was the first child born to Margaret and Jameson Rose, with a baby boy following her only two years later. She was a happy child, though she never developed a strong bond with either of her parents. Her father was a well known doctor, and so he always seemed to be working, and her mother couldn't be bothered with the children she brought into this world. Often times, Margaret was only seen in public with her children when she went to the store, in hopes of appearing like a good mother.

From the day she was born her parents knew she was different, because she was born with her wings. The doctors immediately took x-rays of her, discovering alarming amounts of metal tucked beneath her skin. Her father went to great lengths to keep this from getting out to the public. Luckily, the doctor who took the x-rays just so happened to be Jameson's best friend, and Xena's godfather. The x-rays were destroyed, and it was agreed that Xena would only ever receive treatment from the two of them. The last thing Jameson wanted was for the world to find out his daughter was born with an extremely abnormal mutation.

She was only seven when her parents were caught in a house fire and killed. Her brother's body was never recovered, but he had also disappeared, and so there was rumor that he had set the fire to kill his awful family. Whether this was true or not didn't matter, either way Xena was all alone. She was sent to live with her godfather, who was somehow even more busy than her father had been.

For a time she thought of running away. She never got the nerve to leave, however, simply because she knew she probably wouldn't make it very far. She had no money, and she had heard the horrible tales of what happens to little girls when they're alone in the world. So instead of running away, she began to act out. She got very good at stealing very quickly. When she was ten she met a boy, Harold, and they became partner's in crime for a while.

Harold had knowledge of hand-to-hand combat, because his parents put him in Karate classes. In exchange for fighting lessons, Xena taught him how to sew and steal. By the time she was thirteen she was very skilled in the art, and was able to defend herself- which was good, for a girl coming into age.

The two also bonded over their fascination with superheros. Harold admired them because they saved people, but Xena was only interested in people with super abilities because she always thought she might fit in better with people like them. Even her parents treated her differently when they were alive, as if she was a constant danger to them. As if her mutation made her a hazard.

Sadly, Harold and his family moved away before Xena turned fouteen, and her best friend in the world was gone. She had no way of contacting him, because she wasn't allowed to use the home phone for extended periods of time. This sent her into a stage of depression, having again lost the only person in her life that she cared about at the time. She became reckless- which eventually led to her being arrested. She got into big trouble for that, and her godfather had her start going to therapy.

She learned how to act as if everything was all right with her. She spent the rest of her teenage years perfecting how to appear, and moved out of her godfather's shortly after she turned eighteen. She had a rough patch when she initially moved out, but found a job as a waitress for a local bar. Of course she couldn't work behind the bar at that age, but she could deliver food to people (though when she turned 21 she did become a bartender at said bar).

When she turned nineteen Xena really started to become interested in her ability. Prior to this, she had never been brave enough to experiment. She had always thought there was something wrong with her, so she spent most of her life trying to suppress her urge to spread her wings. In the safe walls of her tiny apartment, Xena released her wings for the first time in years. And it felt good.

It took her a few months to work up the nerve, but Xena eventually began to learn how to fly. She started this out in the middle of nowhere at first, large fields where no one ever really visited. Probably for the best, because early stages of the learning process included a lot of crash landings. As she got better, however, she started to think about superheros more and more.

Inevitably, Xena tried her own hand at the whole saving people thing. She started in a cheap black bodysuit and a Halloween mask from Party City, helping to stop petty crimes. She stopped thieves and tied them up for the police, she stopped robberies in alleys, helped get cats out of trees. On several occasions photos were taken of her, and the media started to call her the 'Metallic Angel.' As she grew more popular she took to assisting in more dangerous crimes.

Upon finding the ad for the Friendly Neighborhood Superheroes, Xena wasted no time applying. She really couldn't wait to join a group of people just like her. Well, maybe not just like her, but you get the point.
[/spoili]
[/bg]
[bg=#a8a8a8]"People change, okay? They grow."
[/bg]

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
There we go, all finished! Let me know if you see anything wrong in the CS... I've been awake for 19 hours now, so I'm sure there's at least one mistake hiding in there. Otherwise, hope she looks good and let me know if there's anything I need to change!

There we go, all finished! Let me know if you see anything wrong in the CS... I've been awake for 19 hours now, so I'm sure there's at least one mistake hiding in there. Otherwise, hope she looks good and let me know if there's anything I need to change!
Oops I just sent you a PM! Basically the "spoilers" area the text is black-on-black for me, not sure if it's because of the font on the text (and because my background is MIDNIGHT) or because the div coding doesn't apply to spoilers... Would it be possible to find a way around it?

• Thank You
Reactions: Brea
Name:

. Xena Hailey Rose .
The bio made me laugh... Angsty teen wants to become superhero and all that. Lovely!
Accepted :)

• Thank You

rugged_princess_by_gdbee-d9rchar.jpg

Name: Ramona Baron

Alias: Q

Secret identity? n/a

Appearance:
Ramona is a tall and slender girl who suffers from RBF (Resting Bitch Face). She has dark brown skin and emerald green eyes that used to be brown, post transformation. Her hair which also used to be brown, is pitch black with teal streaks, with a fluffy white mohawk and she has blueish green feathers that protrude from the back of her head. Her nails are long, black and claw like (as well as her toe nails) and her back is flecked with small snake scales. Her eyebrows are always on point, although one of them is blemished with a horizontal scar that travels all the way down below her eye.(A memento from Rosamaria) Ramona also wears teal lipstick all the time and it's possible that her lips are stained underneath.

As a civilian, Ramona leans towards baggy jeans, cargo pants and shorts. She prefers tunics (one size larger than she is to avoid premature shrinkage.), but will occasionally wear witty t-shirts. As for footwear, she gravitates from tennis shoes to boots but will never wear heels unless her life depended on it.

As the superhero, Q, she wears the dress that her mother had made for her. A long teal and black robe with soft feathers on the shoulders, a black tunic and leggings paired with military styled boots. She wears Aztec styled earrings, and also sports a mixture of the wind breastplate and voluted wind jewel that her namesake used to wear.

Future Costume

Superpower:
Wind Manipulation
The ability to create, shape and manipulate wind. It should be noted that she cannot manipulate the weather. She has the ability to create constructs, defensive and offensive attacks. She can fly temporarily (5 mins max.) by using wind to propel her and when she is upset or just feeling petty, she can create small cyclones to annoy her not so enemies (think a tiny cyclone blowing a paper out of your hand and continues to keep it away from you). She is practically useless against fire manipulation produced by an enemy, as unless the fire is very small, she will just spread it and create more damage. She is also useless against electricity manipulators, as they can manipulate molecules within the air.

Channeling of Quetzalcoatl
Occasionally, Ramona will channel Quetzacoatl when she is in dire need of informational assistance or if her mother badgers her enough (the woman is an endless pit of questions). Ramona can channel Quetzalcoatl at will but usually doesn't because of all the energy it takes. When channeling the God, Ramona's eyes turn into slits and she speaks in a deep man's voice. After channeling Quetzalcoatl, Ramona must rest for at least four hours.

Ramona is a novice in self-defense and is still learning from her father (or anyone of his friends who can spare a few minutes). She is a novice because she panics when being restrained and pretty much forgets any training she's ever gotten in favor of biting, scratching or shrieking at the top of her lungs.

Reason to join:
Ramona wants to make a difference and live a more exciting life. She wants to help people like her father does (well did, he has a desk job now) but she also wants to find Rosamaria/Tezcatlipoca and believes that the only way she could achieve that is to gain the power and privileges that heroes have.

Bio:
Born to an army Major named Grey and an archaeologist named Willa, Ramona was always traveling. She was born in a hospital in Kaiserslauten, Germany and stayed there for ten years until her father was called to Japan and her mom was called to Mexico. Anytime the family had to be split up, they always a little game with their daughter. "Hey, Mona, where you wanna go? Japan or Mexico?" (This question would change depending on location and always rhymed). Then they'd list off all the cool things to do in each country and Ramona would choose based on her level of interest. That time Mexico won because of alleged sightings of a chupacabra (Ramona was a bit of a monster fanatic at the time), so she went with her mother. Upon reaching Mexico City, Ramona and her mother were rushed to the the remains of the Aztec city, Tenochtitlan where a team of archaeologists believe that they had discovered something big. (The person who informed Ramona's mother of this was so excited that she couldn't even tell her what it was...She also had to breath into a paper bag for fifteen minutes.) While she was excited to see what the team had found, Willa knew that an archaeology site was no place for an eleven year old girl and left her in the care of her assistant, Vergil who Ramona affectionately called Herr Verlierer. (Vergil thought she was calling him Sir Vergil but she was actually calling him Lord Loser because he was mind numbingly boring and tried to hard to be her 'bestie'.) Ramona hated having to spend time with Vergil and was upset that she hadn't chosen to stay with her father in Japan. The one good thing about hanging out with Vergil though, was that he was easy to trick, so it was easy for Ramona to lie and tell him that Margot (the assistant archaeologist on her mother's team) had the hots for him and slip away while Vergil wrote a long ass love letter to his "true love".

Upon freeing herself from the clutches of Herr Verlierer (Vergil aka Lord Loser), Ramona began her quest to have at least a little bit of fun before her mother finished up her work. While she was exploring, Ramona met a group of kids who called themselves 'Los Lobos Salvajes' (the wild wolves). They were orphans who when not trying to swindle tourist in the city, snuck into the archaeology site to mess around and be a general nuisance to everyone. When Ramona and the wolves first met, there was a bit of tension mainly because Ramona was a foreigner but there difference were soon overcome when Ramona proved that she could be just as bad as them and harass people too. Deep down, Ramona knew that she wasn't being herself and what she was doing could possible hurt someone, but she'd been around lame grown ups for three months and she wanted to make some friends, even if they were little criminals.

Ramona hung out with the wild wolves for weeks, defacing property and tricking Vergil into thinking he had many faceless suitors. It was fun for awhile, but then all of sudden the group's leader, Rosamaria wanted to do something exciting. And her idea of exciting was sneaking into the one place that Ramona's mother had always warned her not to go into under any circumstances, La Cueva (the cave). When Ramona hesitated, her friends mocked her and jeered her until she gave in. They snuck into the area at 2 am when nearly everyone was taking a break, armed with spray cans and other graffiti ammo, but when Ramona saw what was in the cave she knew that she had to stop her friends. There was a large mural that depicted two beings, Tezcatlipoca, the god of night and sorcery and Quetzalcoatl, the god of wind and learning. Her mother had always told her to never insult any God or face dire consequences. Ramona tried to talk Rosamaria and her friends into doing something else but she was mocked again and ignored. Just as Rosamaria made to spray the mural, Ramona shoved her away and the two began to fight. As soon as blood was drawn, the entire area began to rumble and shake and the depictions of the gods began to glow. Slowly, each god peeled himself off of the wall and stood before them in terrifying translucent forms. Both gods held out an object in Ramona and Rosamaria's direction, a large green feather from Quetzalcoatl and an pretty arrow from Tezcatlipoca. "CHOOSE." Both Gods boomed and Ramona found that no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't run out of the cave. Realizing that choosing a gift was probably the only way to leave, she recalled the story that her mother had told her about the gods.

"Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoatl were brothers, but Quetzalcoatl was beloved by the people of the city of Tollan, where he was the a kind king and priest. And Tezcatlipoca was an evil sorcerer, who saw mortals as fodder for his power, meant for sacrifices and destruction..."

"T-The feather." Ramona stammered at the same time that Rosamaria lunged forward and snatched the arrow. Tezcatlipoca let out a terrifying laugh and disappeared, leaving Rosamaria stunned but able to run screaming out of the cave. Quetzalcoatl stared deep into Ramona's eyes and tucked the feather into her hair. "Good Choice." her murmured before disappearing as well, leaving Ramona free to move. Ramona reached up to feel the feather in her hair and was surprised to feel a great many feathers. Consumed with shock, she collapsed in the cave and was found the next morning by her mother.

When Ramona woke up two weeks later in the hospital, she had an overwhelming urge to find Rosamaria but her mother refused to let her leave the room and informed her that they were moving to Voltapolis. When Ramona demanded to know why, her mother handed her a mirror. Ramona's appearance had changed, drastically. Her formally dark brown hair was pitch black with streaks of teal, and she had a mohawk of feathery soft white hair! There were blueish green feathers protruding from her head and she looked to have aged at least five years! The shock of her sudden appearance change stopped her from arguing about the move but she still had an urge to see Rosamaria but never saw the girl again.

Ramona's family reunited in Voltapolis with her father receiving a permanent station in the superhero city. Her mother became an an antique shop owner and archaeologist consultant, while Ramona was home schooled. Even though she was technically eleven, Quetzalcoatl's gift had turned her into a permanent teenager, so middle school was not an option. Nor was any public school. Ramona was taught general education by great tutors and her powers were assessed by a friend of her father who could burp noxious fumes. After a few weeks of assessment, it was discovered that Ramona could manipulate the wind, and occasionally channel Quetzalcoatl (that was probably one of the most frightening things because nothing can prepare you for a sixteen year old girl speaking with a deep manly voice and freaking out about modern technology).

When Ramona became an adult (she still looked sixteen, but was eighteen), she got a job at her mother's shop and succumbed to a life of boredom until she saw the superhero sign ups and jumped at the chance to have a real life and maybe...Find Rosamaria.

Hexcode: #188EB5

Last edited:
Right, just posting here to inform everyone that as Co-GM I too am open for for any PM's related to character creation. Don't want to overwork poor Pahn.

Also, Hi! I'll be your Co-GM for this little heroic romp.

• Bucket of Rainbows
After I'm done, would it be okay to send the character sheet to PM first before posting here?

Omg, Snakey posted in a thread in Iwaku. He hath lifted the curse of the Grey!

@Brea - Me doing this is in no way an insult to you; I just don't get on with big fancy formatting like you (and @Mundane Monster) have gone for. I'm doing this so that I can readily access your CSes.

Plz no hate. I'm friendly-ish, honest.

autumn_by_tsuaii-d8aduv3.jpg

Name: Xena Hailey Rose

"Pronounced Zen-Uh. I will never understand why people struggle with this."

Alias:
Metallic Angel/ Angel

"I... have no idea what you're talking about. If you mean nicknames my friends call me Xen."

Secret identity: Metallic Angel has been Xena's secret identity for a while now. What started out as a way for her to be famous, while still having the opportunity to lead a normal life, has turned into a double identity. Most people know Xena as the bartender with a pretty face... and a bad attitude. No one would suspect she's the winged hero in the sky when duty calls.

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

"Let's play a game. You guess, and I'll punch you if you're wrong."

Personality: A girl of tact, Xena has perfected the art of manipulation. She is not afraid to put up an act to get what she wants, and she will go to great lengths to achieve her goals. As a sort of self-defense mechanism, she has developed a great deal of wit to accompany her sarcastic tendencies. Most people would describe her as just plain mean, mainly because she is only outwardly kind to those she deems worthy. She is insanely honest, and this makes her come off as rather rude. Xena knows how to be very charming, when she wants to be. She's calculating and, above all, Xena knows how to appear. She knows who she needs to be in each situation, and will change to fit the role. As a child of neglect, Xena truly desires attention. She will go to great lengths to get it, whether it be negative or positive attention. However, she also wants to be loved, or rather to be significant to someone. This makes her very easily manipulated, because if someone shows her even the slightest bit of affection she will become unreasonably loyal to them. She is extremely brave, likely a result of her fending for herself most of her life. Also for this reason, Xena has grown to be rather selfish. She's been taught by the world that if she doesn't look out for herself, no one will. Independent and determined, Xena believes that if she puts the work in she can get whatever her heart desires.

"I take pride in being a closed book."

Appearance:
Standing only 5'4'' and weighing a measly 108 lbs, Xena has always been a girl with a smaller build. Her bright blue eyes and freckled nose give her an innocent look, but don't allow this to fool you, she's much more than a pretty face. Her blonde hair is naturally curly, and is usually tied up. She has a few tiny scars here and there, from injuries she hardly remembers. When Xena was twenty she got a tattoo of birds across her back, because she remembered her mother having a similar tattoo. No one ever sees this tattoo, however, because Xena never wears clothing that shows her back. This is due to the ugly scars all over her back, caused by her ability. Xena never goes anywhere without her makeup done, and she often prefers lipstick to lip gloss. Her style is changing, depending on her mood. On Monday she could wear a magenta dress with black boots, but on Tuesday she could wear jeans and a leather jacket. She does, however, always accessorize.

. While she does normally wear her hair up, when she is in her super suit she keeps it down. Early prototypes of her suit included a purely black spandex body suit. As she continued to help with petty crimes she started getting recognition around the communities she helped. Eventually the media coined the term 'Metallic Angel' and the name stuck. At this time she decided to trade in her cheap spandex for something much more fitting to her title. She tried a lot of different things, from jumpsuits to a silk white dress. Recently, she designed a suit that she thinks she'll keep around for the long run. An armored two-peice suit, and a winged mask to match. Xena hates to admit it, but the slightly 'skimpy' get up is easy to move around in, and she thinks it makes her like a comic book superhero.

"I think I'm pretty, don't you?"

Superpower: Ferrokinetic Wing Manifestation
Overview - Basically, the ability to create wings made of metal. Xena can use them for flight, as well as shields and offensive weapons. She has ugly scars all over her back where the wings tuck themselves beneath the skin. They can be felt through the skin, but Xena will tell anyone who touches her that what they're feeling are only her bones, no matter how anatomically incorrect this excuse is. Because the wings tuck beneath her skin, the cells on her back do regenerate at an exhilarated pace. However, she does not really possess a healing factor, because this only works when she is tucking her wings back inside her body. Her wingspan from tip to tip is 7.5 feet, and her wings are just as tall as she is.

Limitations - Xena can fly for as long as she can physically handle it. Just like running, the continuous movement will eventually tire her out and she will need to take a rest. Her wings are made of very durable metal, though there is no telling what kind. It is very possible that the metal does not exist on earth, but Xena has no way of proving this. The metal can be bent, which causes her a great deal pain, but it takes a lot of weight before this happens. Heat does make the metal less tough. Her wings can also be broken, but this again requires a good amount of brute force. If her wings are broken, they must heal like a bone would.

Weaknesses - Because her wings are made of metal, heat does affect her in very painful ways. If they get too hot while she has them out then her skin burns at the base of the wings, and she can't tuck her wings back inside of her until they have cooled down. If her back gets too hot while they are inside of her she gets burned internally, which is very painful for her. This ability doesn't do much for her when her wings are not out, so she can be killed just as easily as any mortal. Also, because her wings are a part of her she feels everything that happens to them, just not as much as she would if they were made of flesh. Meaning, she does have a stronger pain threshold for them, but can still feel the pain when they are hurt. Lastly, Xena is insecure of the scars on her back, and this insecurity can affect her day to day life in negative ways.

Reason To Join:

Fame, really. Xena enjoys being recognized for her good doing, even if no one really knows it's her. Some extra cash never hurt anyone, either. As a bartender, Xena will take money wherever she can get it- provided she won't be giving up any of her own morals in the process. Not to mention it has always been a dream of hers to meet people with abilities like her.

"Eh, you've got me. But my reason to join is just as good as any."

Bio:

"Like anyone's ever had a 'perfect' life."

Xena was the first child born to Margaret and Jameson Rose, with a baby boy following her only two years later. She was a happy child, though she never developed a strong bond with either of her parents. Her father was a well known doctor, and so he always seemed to be working, and her mother couldn't be bothered with the children she brought into this world. Often times, Margaret was only seen in public with her children when she went to the store, in hopes of appearing like a good mother.

From the day she was born her parents knew she was different, because she was born with her wings. The doctors immediately took x-rays of her, discovering alarming amounts of metal tucked beneath her skin. Her father went to great lengths to keep this from getting out to the public. Luckily, the doctor who took the x-rays just so happened to be Jameson's best friend, and Xena's godfather. The x-rays were destroyed, and it was agreed that Xena would only ever receive treatment from the two of them. The last thing Jameson wanted was for the world to find out his daughter was born with an extremely abnormal mutation.

She was only seven when her parents were caught in a house fire and killed. Her brother's body was never recovered, but he had also disappeared, and so there was rumor that he had set the fire to kill his awful family. Whether this was true or not didn't matter, either way Xena was all alone. She was sent to live with her godfather, who was somehow even more busy than her father had been.

For a time she thought of running away. She never got the nerve to leave, however, simply because she knew she probably wouldn't make it very far. She had no money, and she had heard the horrible tales of what happens to little girls when they're alone in the world. So instead of running away, she began to act out. She got very good at stealing very quickly. When she was ten she met a boy, Harold, and they became partner's in crime for a while.

Harold had knowledge of hand-to-hand combat, because his parents put him in Karate classes. In exchange for fighting lessons, Xena taught him how to sew and steal. By the time she was thirteen she was very skilled in the art, and was able to defend herself- which was good, for a girl coming into age.

The two also bonded over their fascination with superheros. Harold admired them because they saved people, but Xena was only interested in people with super abilities because she always thought she might fit in better with people like them. Even her parents treated her differently when they were alive, as if she was a constant danger to them. As if her mutation made her a hazard.

Sadly, Harold and his family moved away before Xena turned fouteen, and her best friend in the world was gone. She had no way of contacting him, because she wasn't allowed to use the home phone for extended periods of time. This sent her into a stage of depression, having again lost the only person in her life that she cared about at the time. She became reckless- which eventually led to her being arrested. She got into big trouble for that, and her godfather had her start going to therapy.

She learned how to act as if everything was all right with her. She spent the rest of her teenage years perfecting how to appear, and moved out of her godfather's shortly after she turned eighteen. She had a rough patch when she initially moved out, but found a job as a waitress for a local bar. Of course she couldn't work behind the bar at that age, but she could deliver food to people (though when she turned 21 she did become a bartender at said bar).

When she turned nineteen Xena really started to become interested in her ability. Prior to this, she had never been brave enough to experiment. She had always thought there was something wrong with her, so she spent most of her life trying to suppress her urge to spread her wings. In the safe walls of her tiny apartment, Xena released her wings for the first time in years. And it felt good.

It took her a few months to work up the nerve, but Xena eventually began to learn how to fly. She started this out in the middle of nowhere at first, large fields where no one ever really visited. Probably for the best, because early stages of the learning process included a lot of crash landings. As she got better, however, she started to think about superheros more and more.

Inevitably, Xena tried her own hand at the whole saving people thing. She started in a cheap black bodysuit and a Halloween mask from Party City, helping to stop petty crimes. She stopped thieves and tied them up for the police, she stopped robberies in alleys, helped get cats out of trees. On several occasions photos were taken of her, and the media started to call her the 'Metallic Angel.' As she grew more popular she took to assisting in more dangerous crimes.

Upon finding the ad for the Friendly Neighborhood Superheroes, Xena wasted no time applying. She really couldn't wait to join a group of people just like her. Well, maybe not just like her, but you get the point.

rugged_princess_by_gdbee-d9rchar.jpg

Alias: Q

Secret identity? n/a

Appearance:
Ramona is a tall and slender girl who suffers from RBF (Resting Bitch Face). She has dark brown skin and emerald green eyes that used to be brown, post transformation. Her hair which also used to be brown, is pitch black with teal streaks, with a fluffy white mohawk and she has blueish green feathers that protrude from the back of her head. Her nails are long, black and claw like (as well as her toe nails) and her back is flecked with small snake scales. Her eyebrows are always on point, although one of them is blemished with a horizontal scar that travels all the way down below her eye.(A memento from Rosamaria) Ramona also wears teal lipstick all the time and it's possible that her lips are stained underneath.

As a civilian, Ramona leans towards baggy jeans, cargo pants and shorts. She prefers tunics (one size larger than she is to avoid premature shrinkage.), but will occasionally wear witty t-shirts. As for footwear, she gravitates from tennis shoes to boots but will never wear heels unless her life depended on it.

As the superhero, Q, she wears the dress that her mother had made for her. A long teal and black robe with soft feathers on the shoulders, a black tunic and leggings paired with military styled boots. She wears Aztec styled earrings, and also sports a mixture of the wind breastplate and voluted wind jewel that her namesake used to wear.

Superpower:
Wind Manipulation
The ability to create, shape and manipulate wind. It should be noted that she cannot manipulate the weather. She has the ability to create constructs, defensive and offensive attacks. She can fly temporarily (5 mins max.) by using wind to propel her and when she is upset or just feeling petty, she can create small cyclones to annoy her not so enemies (think a tiny cyclone blowing a paper out of your hand and continues to keep it away from you). She is practically useless against fire manipulation produced by an enemy, as unless the fire is very small, she will just spread it and create more damage. She is also useless against electricity manipulators, as they can manipulate molecules within the air.

Channeling of Quetzalcoatl
Occasionally, Ramona will channel Quetzacoatl when she is in dire need of informational assistance or if her mother badgers her enough (the woman is an endless pit of questions). Ramona can channel Quetzalcoatl at will but usually doesn't because of all the energy it takes. When channeling the God, Ramona's eyes turn into slits and she speaks in a deep man's voice. After channeling Quetzalcoatl, Ramona must rest for at least four hours.

Ramona is a novice in self-defense and is still learning from her father (or anyone of his friends who can spare a few minutes). She is a novice because she panics when being restrained and pretty much forgets any training she's ever gotten in favor of biting, scratching or shrieking at the top of her lungs.

Reason to join:
Ramona wants to make a difference and live a more exciting life. She wants to help people like her father does (well did, he has a desk job now) but she also wants to find Rosamaria/Tezcatlipoca and believes that the only way she could achieve that is to gain the power and privileges that heroes have.

Bio:
Born to an army Major named Grey and an archaeologist named Willa, Ramona was always traveling. She was born in a hospital in Kaiserslauten, Germany and stayed there for ten years until her father was called to Japan and her mom was called to Mexico. Anytime the family had to be split up, they always a little game with their daughter. "Hey, Mona, where you wanna go? Japan or Mexico?" (This question would change depending on location and always rhymed). Then they'd list off all the cool things to do in each country and Ramona would choose based on her level of interest. That time Mexico won because of alleged sightings of a chupacabra (Ramona was a bit of a monster fanatic at the time), so she went with her mother. Upon reaching Mexico City, Ramona and her mother were rushed to the the remains of the Aztec city, Tenochtitlan where a team of archaeologists believe that they had discovered something big. (The person who informed Ramona's mother of this was so excited that she couldn't even tell her what it was...She also had to breath into a paper bag for fifteen minutes.) While she was excited to see what the team had found, Willa knew that an archaeology site was no place for an eleven year old girl and left her in the care of her assistant, Vergil who Ramona affectionately called Herr Verlierer. (Vergil thought she was calling him Sir Vergil but she was actually calling him Lord Loser because he was mind numbingly boring and tried to hard to be her 'bestie'.) Ramona hated having to spend time with Vergil and was upset that she hadn't chosen to stay with her father in Japan. The one good thing about hanging out with Vergil though, was that he was easy to trick, so it was easy for Ramona to lie and tell him that Margot (the assistant archaeologist on her mother's team) had the hots for him and slip away while Vergil wrote a long ass love letter to his "true love".

Upon freeing herself from the clutches of Herr Verlierer (Vergil aka Lord Loser), Ramona began her quest to have at least a little bit of fun before her mother finished up her work. While she was exploring, Ramona met a group of kids who called themselves 'Los Lobos Salvajes' (the wild wolves). They were orphans who when not trying to swindle tourist in the city, snuck into the archaeology site to mess around and be a general nuisance to everyone. When Ramona and the wolves first met, there was a bit of tension mainly because Ramona was a foreigner but there difference were soon overcome when Ramona proved that she could be just as bad as them and harass people too. Deep down, Ramona knew that she wasn't being herself and what she was doing could possible hurt someone, but she'd been around lame grown ups for three months and she wanted to make some friends, even if they were little criminals.

Ramona hung out with the wild wolves for weeks, defacing property and tricking Vergil into thinking he had many faceless suitors. It was fun for awhile, but then all of sudden the group's leader, Rosamaria wanted to do something exciting. And her idea of exciting was sneaking into the one place that Ramona's mother had always warned her not to go into under any circumstances, La Cueva (the cave). When Ramona hesitated, her friends mocked her and jeered her until she gave in. They snuck into the area at 2 am when nearly everyone was taking a break, armed with spray cans and other graffiti ammo, but when Ramona saw what was in the cave she knew that she had to stop her friends. There was a large mural that depicted two beings, Tezcatlipoca, the god of night and sorcery and Quetzalcoatl, the god of wind and learning. Her mother had always told her to never insult any God or face dire consequences. Ramona tried to talk Rosamaria and her friends into doing something else but she was mocked again and ignored. Just as Rosamaria made to spray the mural, Ramona shoved her away and the two began to fight. As soon as blood was drawn, the entire area began to rumble and shake and the depictions of the gods began to glow. Slowly, each god peeled himself off of the wall and stood before them in terrifying translucent forms. Both gods held out an object in Ramona and Rosamaria's direction, a large green feather from Quetzalcoatl and an pretty arrow from Tezcatlipoca. "CHOOSE." Both Gods boomed and Ramona found that no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't run out of the cave. Realizing that choosing a gift was probably the only way to leave, she recalled the story that her mother had told her about the gods.

"Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoatl were brothers, but Quetzalcoatl was beloved by the people of the city of Tollan, where he was the a kind king and priest. And Tezcatlipoca was an evil sorcerer, who saw mortals as fodder for his power, meant for sacrifices and destruction..."

"T-The feather." Ramona stammered at the same time that Rosamaria lunged forward and snatched the arrow. Tezcatlipoca let out a terrifying laugh and disappeared, leaving Rosamaria stunned but able to run screaming out of the cave. Quetzalcoatl stared deep into Ramona's eyes and tucked the feather into her hair. "Good Choice." her murmured before disappearing as well, leaving Ramona free to move. Ramona reached up to feel the feather in her hair and was surprised to feel a great many feathers. Consumed with shock, she collapsed in the cave and was found the next morning by her mother.

When Ramona woke up two weeks later in the hospital, she had an overwhelming urge to find Rosamaria but her mother refused to let her leave the room and informed her that they were moving to Voltapolis. When Ramona demanded to know why, her mother handed her a mirror. Ramona's appearance had changed,drastically. Her formally dark brown hair was pitch black with streaks of teal, and she had a mohawk of feathery soft white hair! There were blueish green feathers protruding from her head and she looked to have aged at least five years! The shock of her sudden appearance change stopped her from arguing about the move but she still had an urge to see Rosamaria but never saw the girl again.

Ramona's family reunited in Voltapolis with her father receiving a permanent station in the superhero city. Her mother became an an antique shop owner and archaeologist consultant, while Ramona was home schooled. Even though she was technically eleven, Quetzalcoatl's gift had turned her into a permanent teenager, so middle school was not an option. Nor was any public school. Ramona was taught general education by great tutors and her powers were assessed by a friend of her father who could burp noxious fumes. After a few weeks of assessment, it was discovered that Ramona could manipulate the wind, and occasionally channel Quetzalcoatl (that was probably one of the most frightening things because nothing can prepare you for a sixteen year old girl speaking with a deep manly voice and freaking out about modern technology).

When Ramona became an adult (she still looked sixteen, but was eighteen), she got a job at her mother's shop and succumbed to a life of boredom until she saw the superhero sign ups and jumped at the chance to have a real life and maybe...Find Rosamaria.

Hexcode: #188EB5

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Limey. Coolio formatting looks neat, but I have issues with it on mobile.

@Pahn I probably won't be making a character soon because I may not be active enough to be in the thread. If I don't edit this post in with a character app by Friday, you can assume I definitely can't join until part-way in the IC or further. Sorry.

@Pahn I probably won't be making a character soon because I may not be active enough to be in the thread. If I don't edit this post in with a character app by Friday, you can assume I definitely can't join until part-way in the IC or further. Sorry.
It's fine! Post a sheet whenever you're ready, I won't wait on you to start the RP, but once you're through with it you'll be able to join in if you still want! :)

Name: John Patterson

Alias: Parsha

Secret identity? No

Appearance (civil + costume if applicable): John appears to have been human...once. A man of 5'7", barrel chested, stocky of frame, so broad in shoulder as to appear almost cubic. He however suffers a severe deformation, wrought by his ability; his skin has formed into a thick biological armour vaguely reminiscent of the skin of a alligator or crocodile. Composed of a thick, and tough keratin web, holding together hard nodules of boney scutes, or chitin scales, with larger plates of chitin layered with enamel covering areas of little flexible movement, such as his forearms and shins, and scalp. He is hairless, but retains human form.

He typically wears loose, baggy clothes to mask his stature and his skin; hoodies, cargo pants, red/black plaid jackets with grey hoods. Heavy steel toe boots with worn toes, and stained leather.

Superpower: Bio-organic armour, and regeneration

Reason to join: John has been on his own, and has been on the receiving end of people with good intentions, gravely misjudging him, due to his appearance. He may as well share his experience with some young kids, might help them.

Bio: John moved to Voltopolis from South Africa in just the past few months. He was a single child, and his parents having passed away last year, his father to cancer, and his mother from seeming natural causes. Not much else is known, though he does work full time, at a factory making fireplaces and wood stoves.

Hex Code: #E3B03B

Last edited by a moderator:
Name:
Alexandra Alfson

Alias:
Althea

Secret identity?
Yes. Althea is a relative newcomer to the scene, and she has yet to establish herself in the public eye. She intends to keep her personal and private lives separate. She has no desire to draw undesirable attention to herself.

Appearance (civil + costume if applicable):

[spoili]
tumblr_nuce1ebvxb1tuxgffo1_1280-jpg.117793
[/spoili]

Alex stands a little over five foot eight in height, with a slightly softer figure than one might expect for a hero. Her skin is very fair in colour and burns and bruises easily, betraying her Nordic roots. She is a natural redhead, a bright copper in hue, her hair tumbles down around her shoulders in messy waves. Alex usually wears her hair in a ponytail or braid, or on rare occasion, takes steps to tame her hair and wear it loose around her shoulders. She dislikes wearing make-up, only wearing the bare minimum if any at all.
Her style is rather laid back and casual, wearing whatever is comfortable and she thinks looks good.

Althea's costume consists of Alex's sister's old biker gear. She wears a reinforced leather jacket, an armoured long sleeve shirt, leather sap gloves, reinforced leather pants and a pair of solid combat boots, all black in colour. She has brass knuckles built into her gloves. Her hair is pulled away from her face in several messy, but secure braids. The top half of her face is obscured with a simple black mask, and she uses large amounts of dark eye shadow to further obscure her identity if something should happen to the mask. She tends to wear a scarf to cover the lower half of her face.

Superpower:
Alex possesses an enhanced regenerative ability. She can heal minor to moderate injuries in minutes, and can survive serious injury, and given enough time, can make a full recovery. She can regenerate all body tissue, including her nervous system, with brain matter being the sole exception. She can regrow her extremities, and in theory, could regrow lost limbs. This isn't a theory Althea is willing to try out - she has a high pain tolerance, but is not immune to it. Regrowing even a fingertip is a painful process she wishes to avoid if possible.
She is also highly resistant to illness and disease, and somewhat resistant to alcohol and most drugs.
Her ability's side effects include enhancing her strength and endurance and no post-workout soreness or stiffness.

Reason to join:
Alex knows she's potentially a lot more difficult to injury or kill than most other supers. She feels a strong sense of obligation to help when there are others putting their bodies and lives on the line. Plus, being a superhero for a living sounds kinda cool.

Bio:
Alexandra Alfson is her parent's fifth born, with two older sisters, two older brothers, and two younger brothers. She grew up on a rural farm, miles away from civilisation - which was how her parents liked it. Alex and her six siblings all had their gifts emerge as children, so the quiet, isolated location was as suitable a place as they could wish for growing up. It was loud, chaotic, and messy - and Alex loved every minute of it.
Alex's parents encouraged their children to be as self-sufficient as possible. She learned how to cook, bake, hunt and sew from a young age, as well as how to defend herself, honing her technique roughhousing with her brothers.

Alex appeared to be a 'late bloomer' when compared to her siblings. Her parents were usually too busy with the rest of her siblings to notice that she didn't seem to catch colds or get bloody knees. It was only when her sister accidentally stabbed her with a fork did her ability become apparent.

Alex moved to Voltapolis to attend university at 17, where she earned her degree in computer science. After graduation, she continued to live with her older sister in the city and taking up a job at a local software firm. While her sister sneezed fire, and her brother had a nasty habit of absent-mindedly summoning cats, Alexandra's existence was positively dull. Normal, almost.

Her father, a man who disdained the city, decided he would take a trip up to visit his two daughters for a few days. He was in the city less than 48 hours before he was attacked, and saved by another superhuman who got injured himself in the process. Moved by the hero's courage, Alex began experimenting with her own limits. She 'borrowed' her sister's old biker gear and began hitting the streets. She was christened Althea by her brother's blog shortly after her first appearance in the local newspapers, and she hasn't looked back since.

Hex Code: #7A0029

Last edited:
Reactions: kixinorbit
Lovely! We might have to discuss more about her powers though -- specifically, the limitations of her wind abilities. I remember seeing in the Discord channel that her channeling with a God was basically just to consult with him?

Once we discuss, she'll be accepted! Soon, soon...
Name: John Patterson
We've discussed, and it's all good! Accepted!
Name:
Alexandra Alfson
I really like her backstory, it's super cute and warm-fuzzy! We have a few people with regeneration factor, so if you want to add something else in there? It's up to you really :) Please provide a #hexcode! Otherwise, accepted!

I've decided to step down from this roleplay for personal reasons. Good luck rping everyone!

As mentioned on the Discord server...

You have until Sunday September 18 to finish characters, ideally, unless you need an extension for personal reasons, just let me know. IC should be up by Monday evening, unless stuff IRL happens!

@Mundane Monster accepted!

@Absinthe I just need your hexcode (a coloured text #) and you're good to go :)

@DeadAxl You're good to go as well!

@Lojikal How are things for you buddy? Let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.