Status
Not open for further replies.
@LimeyPanda @DeadAxl @Potatocat @Goldmarble @Brea @Tyrannosaurus Rekt @Noctis the Devious @Jorick@Niiwa @Cerulean @Absinthe @Mundane Monster

I sent all of you a private message for a short intro for your character.. in-character. This means it'll be featured in my next post! Ideally, I would like to have a reply in the next 24 hours. I know this is a bit short notice, so if you do end up sending me your reply late, I'll just edit it in the GM post :)

Thanks everyone! (and thanks to those who replied even before I finished sending out the PMs XD)

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Pfft, you combined Jorick and @Niiwa so they didn't get tagged x)

Damnit DX that's what I get for not re-reading properly. Sorry @Jorick and @Niiwa

Thanks for that catch Noctis!

No problem ^.^

IC Post is up!!

I'm only missing @Mundane Monster intro, from those who have posted in the IC already, and it I will add it as soon as I have it!

1. I know it's a long post, but most of it is introductions by the characters. I invite you to read them, as this is the ONLY info your own character will have about the others!
  2. Yes -- you have been assigned in random pairs. I HIGHLY encourage COLLAB POSTS which can be posted under one or two posts, instead of a back-and-forth IC post in the thread. If you need help or are not sure how to proceed / start, let me know!
  3. It is 6 AM and I am exhausted -- I might have missed typos or stuff, and if so, do let me know and I will fix them :)
  4. Remember guys, player knowledge is NOT character knowledge!
  5. I purposely avoided the camera / filming thing because the Mayor was NOT present during those bits of conversation ^_^ I am available for a quick collab post with the first person who wants to ask about this in front of the other characters!

Have fun my lovelies :3

I forgot to add --

This round of posting, you are preparing and "wasting" about 1 hour IC-wise, either to get to know your assigned partner or to ask Black Blossom for help or complain about being filmed or leave early and get a chance to be the first killed player character! :D

Gideon Nikolai Thorne
Male | Forty-One | Professor of Botany, PhD

Alias
Wildwood

Secret Identity
Yes​

Appearance
Civilian: Gideon is a fairly average individual, standing at 6'0" and weighing roughly 165 lbs. He isn't particularly muscular, but that's not to say that he isn't physically fit; longtime hobbies of hiking, rock-climbing, and long-distance running have given him good cardiovascular endurance. As a result, he is built mostly with lean muscle, having a slim waist and somewhat angular shoulders. His complexion is fair, accompanied by blue eyes and messy blond hair that is beginning to gray around his temples. When teaching, he often wears glasses for nearsightedness, but opts to wear contacts when in costume. (It's notably difficult to wear glasses under a mask.) His clothes often scream "science teacher."

Costume: His costume is a relatively simple one, but it serves its purpose. He wears thick, flexile pants in dark brown, a long-sleeved, heavy shirt in dark green and, over that, a hooded leather-like vest. (The inside of the vest is lined with Kevlar-- a precaution he will hopefully never need.) He wears brown boots and gloves with his costume, and covers his face with a mask that protrudes slightly over the edge of his hood. His pants tuck into his boots and fit just loosely enough in the leg to cover a supportive brace worn on his right knee.

[Mask and vest-- less fitted and sans fur/laces.]

Superpower
So far as Gideon can tell, his power enables him to manipulate energy on the molecular level. Using his body as a conduit, he is able to draw energy from one living thing and channel it into another. This ability enables him to heal injuries by inducing growth and repair on a cellular level. He is also able to channel energy into living things in order to manipulate non-sentient beings (read: plants). Creatures with will, including animals, are too resistant for him to control-- which is perfectly fine by him. By drawing both free energy and energy from other living beings, Gideon is able to force plants through rapid growth before assuming temporary control of them.

That said, his ability to move and manipulate plants isn't without its limits. While he is able to lift a growth of roots out of the ground or cause weeds to ensnare feet, he cannot do anything monumental like uproot trees and send them for a stroll downtown. After he ceases his control over a plant, it returns to its original state. Occasionally, accelerated growth or extreme manipulation will damage a plant beyond repair, though Gideon tries to avoid such.

When Gideon draws energy from other humans, there is a finite amount he can access. If he is focused on a single person, he can siphon energy until that person is fatigued, but he cannot damage them further than that. (And he has never tried to damage someone beyond that point.) He does not need to be touching an individual to draw small amounts of energy from them, but when drawing a large amount of energy from someone, or when healing, he must make physical contact with that individual. He is also only able to heal injuries, not sickness. Theoretically, he should be able to speed recovery, but again, he has previously lacked the resources to investigate further.

It should be noted that Gideon can only act as a medium for channeling energy. Because of this, he cannot heal himself. When he heals someone, he must actively draw energy from a source and direct it into the recipient. Any form of healing takes an incredible amount of concentration from him, and leaves him quite tired. The same is true for channeling energy in order to manipulate plant life. If no other sources of energy are available, he can transfer energy from himself. This is used only as a last resort, as it leaves him incredibly weak.

Biography
Gideon is relatively new to Voltapolis, having relocated to the city just two years ago. He was formerly a professor at University of Vermont, teaching botany and forestry courses. Apart from lecture, Gideon was the school's leading researcher in plant genetics and cell manipulation. His unique abilities had given him a great position from which to conduct his studies, and he seldom used his powers outside of research. (He didn't use them much in his research, either-- mostly to accelerate plant growth in order to obtain better samples.)

When two individuals began patrolling the surrounding cities as superheroes, Gideon finally took interest in using his own abilities for what he thought might be a greater good. When he had the spare time, he would join the two other heroes and helped them to prevent and stop small crimes. Gideon enjoyed his work as a so-called superhero-- almost as much as teaching and conducting his research.

Involvement with a colleague, however, ended both of his careers. He had been involved in an on-again, off-again relationship with one of the other researchers at the university, who was constantly competing with Gideon for funding and acclaim. Gideon had been naïve enough to believe that the competition was friendly and that she cared enough about him to not disclose his secret, should she find out.

Inevitably, she found out.

She gave Gideon the ultimatum of leaving the university on his own, or she would inform the administration that he was a dangerous vigilante who wasn't fit to teach-- and had been enhancing his research with "mutant abilities."

This occurrence was one semester before he would've had tenure, and Gideon left the school with a heavy heart. Fearing that her threat would follow him to another institution, Gideon decided to move across the country. He had read that a city called Voltapolis was a sort of hub for metahumans and bizarre happenings, and he was able to secure a job at Voltapolis University, teaching botany and environmental science.

He is now happily settled into his new life in Voltapolis, but is eager to make acquaintances with whom he can better relate.

Misc.
- Speaks fluent Russian
- Currently learning bo staff, but isn't comfortable taking it out in the field just yet
- Would probably sell you his soul for a good drink after finals week
- Beware of the dad humour

Hexcode
3CB371

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: kixinorbit
Oh shit, ready for that siphoning shit loads of power from Alice scene? I am.

So many characters being concerned about being filmed, and yet no one's asked anything... Hmmm.. :propeller:

Cassie still doesn't know about the filming because she showed up last minute.

She don't care though, she's already been on TV outing herself as a person with powers. 8D

Xena won't mind the cameras... after all, she partially joined to get famous.

I posted a short GM post to introduce the two new characters -- @Brea's Metallic Angel, and @DinoFeather's Wildwood.

Metallic Angel has been assigned to the same team as @Absinthe and @LimeyPanda, and Wildwood was assigned to the same team as @Potatocat and @Mundane Monster

Most of you are at different points in the collabs, so I'd like things to be wrapped up and ready-to-post on Saturday October 22.

When texting Black Blossom -- please please use the following format:

Code:
 [fieldset=Text Message] Text message here[/fieldset]

I realize it comes across as a little maniac and I'm sorry lol, hopefully this isn't a hassle for anyone. It's just much easier for everyone to see what is actual dialogue that everyone can hear, and what is a text message -- which no one else but the sender + recipient can see.

By the end of your collabs, you should be ready to leave or already gone (early), and if it wasn't obvious to everyone already -- the "deadline" to be inside the tunnels is 10 PM. You have roughly 1 hour 30, 1 hour left to reach destination. Your collabs can end by you arriving there and the next round will consist of entering the tunnels.

>:3

I hope I'm not overcomplicating things, please do let me know if something is unclear or if you have any questions whatsoever!

Cheers :)

[warning=orange] Hey everyone, sorry if this is out of the blue, but I'll be putting the RP on hiatus for the moment. When I originally started, we were two and this wasn't my brainchild, and I should've put this on hold like over a month ago =_= I'm really sorry, I loved everyone's posts and characters so much, but it's not the time for me right now to GM this. If there's anyone who does want to take over though, or something like that, I'm more than willing to give the reins. I hope you all had fun regardless, and again I'm really sorry. I'm definitely keeping it in my projects though, so if any of you are still around and interested in a few months, then I can say, "à la prochaine".

I'll leave the server running for a bit, you can leave if you wish, you can add me to your friends' list and butter my pahncakes any day. I appreciate you all, thank you for sticking with me for this short but fun ride <3[/warning]

Status
Not open for further replies.