Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm intresting. Just crysis 3, what if there was a counter measure weapon or arsenal to undermine it? Like weapons with specialized amunition? Or the nanotechnology could still be in it's infancy and is very susceptible to EMP? It wont lock up but it'll fry the battery making it's abilities useless and therefore just making the suit a full body ballistic armor? But yes i see your concern nanotechnology is overwhelming.

That or they could have miniaturized power armor to human size like the armor from Halo. No special abilities though, just tough as hell, human sized power armor.

That or they could have miniaturized power armor to human size like the armor from Halo. No special abilities though, just tough as hell, human sized power armor.
That sounds more reasonable to me, simply because nanotechnology lets you do lot's of overpowered stuff even by modern day standards, or science fiction standards.

Such as...as shown in any Crysis game, the nanotech lets whoever has it become a 1 man army capable of racking up enormous body counts, and become post human to boot

Really, I don't know that the Institute needs more advanced technology then their synths, the ability to make a human look a like who is superior in every way, along with the teleportation and their energy technology are already gamebreakers imo.

There was a good reason the Brotherhood already considered the Institute such a massive threat(though I still can't help but snort with laughter every time Maxson claims that a synth is more dangerous then an ICBM).

This is all just my opinion, if you want to stick to nanotechnology, I'll support your decision, though I think we should avoid making it too strong, I just feel it's rather overpowered, and doesn't really fit in the theme of Fallout

That's all, again, it's your story and you can do what you want with it, I'll support your decision either way

Well yeah, nanotechnology is really over powered. The reason why they would advance their technology is to become stronger. The solr survivor had military experience so a few of his ideas and suggestions were put up like. Miniaturized power armor. Also since Shaun is a synth child. He'd obviously want to give him a body that ages and reproduces. Coursers would be made tougher. So yeah, I'll have to edit it so they have human sized power armor. But maybe nanotechnology could be weakened by plasma weapons and gauss rifles. Like the pulse from a gauss rifle fries the tech. Or the weponized plasma from plasma weapons could melt it to goo. But I'm liking the concept if halo like power armor better. Especially since it looks awesome.

Well yeah, nanotechnology is really over powered. The reason why they would advance their technology is to become stronger. The solr survivor had military experience so a few of his ideas and suggestions were put up like. Miniaturized power armor. Also since Shaun is a synth child. He'd obviously want to give him a body that ages and reproduces. Coursers would be made tougher. So yeah, I'll have to edit it so they have human sized power armor. But maybe nanotechnology could be weakened by plasma weapons and gauss rifles. Like the pulse from a gauss rifle fries the tech. Or the weponized plasma from plasma weapons could melt it to goo. But I'm liking the concept if halo like power armor better. Especially since it looks awesome.
You need to remember that the armor from Halo isn't 'miniaturized' at all, it's designed for seven foot tall genetically and chemically altered super human soldiers. the Mjolnir armor is bulky by today's standards

Nor is power armor being big and bulky a bad thing, size and intimidating factor as well as more room for armor plating, it also gives more weight to throw around with those power armors

I'd caution against trying to go too futuristic, at least in terms of aesthetic, it doesn't fit with Fallout at all if you have sleek shiny, futuristic looking tech, it's gotta look the part

This looks like it would work for you though, I think it looks sufficiently advanced but also in keeping with the vein of Fallout's aesthetic style

power_armor_concept_by_buashei-d37vfya.png

Or this

fd68149026a418b1245761fb5852ac7b-d4t2f6j.jpg

Oh, yeah you're probably right. Nice.

Oh, yeah you're probably right. Nice.
I'm glad the idea meets your approval

Anyways, I'm going to get to thinking of my character now

Thanks, alright. I'll finish mine tomorrow, then check if the others are still interested then hopefully post the ic by sunday.

Name: Teddy

"I see it, I like it, I want it, I take it."

Species: Human
Appearance:
tumblr_njhf3xZaYq1rp3vxko1_540.jpg

Faction: Currently lone

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S: 6
P: 10
E: 6
C: 5
I: 7
A: 11
L: 8

Job: Mercenary, thief

Tagged Skills:
Thief :The blood of a thief runs through your veins. With the Thief perk, you get a one-time bonus of +10% (+10 skill points in unpatched Fallout 2) to your Sneak, Lockpick, Steal, and Traps skills. A well rounded thief is a living thief.

Gunslinger: While using a pistol (or similar one-handed weapon), your chance to hit in V.A.T.S.is increased by 25%. As with all perks that increase your chance to hit in V.A.T.S., this bonus is multiplicative, not additive.

Cannibal

Child at Heart: The Child at Heart perk greatly improves your interactions with children, some adults and a robot, usually in the form of unique dialogue choices.

Pickpocket

Weapons: Prefers anything that makes her silent and deadly. Mainly uses pistols and snipers as her firearms, use combat knife as her melee.

Armor: After escaping (read bio) she uses only her tank top and, jeans, and sneakers at that moment. Over time she was comfortable using light armor, something easy to move around and hide in, black??.

Friends: I guess she'll earn some over time???

Bio: With her parents and little sister killed, Teddy was captured by slavers, forced to do as demanded whether is was sex, entertainment, cooking, she did what she had to to avoid having her head blown to bits. She never tried to escape, instead she sneaked around, learned secrets, stole what she wanted, figured out the slaver camp. Teddy learned everything she needed, even finding out how to remove the collar.

And when she got that chance to make her mover during the night, she went blank. Her mind ringing as she slaughter the entire camp, even the slaves. Her mind only coming back as she saw blood soaking the ground and she was covered in it. She learned the taste of ill-mannered humans tasted better than actual food.

Leaving the camp, Teddy felt regret. She can't let herself get away like that again, murdering the innocents wasn't on her bucket list. Speaking of which, time to start a new life. Whether it was stealing petty objects and selling it for caps or if a disgusting, low-life, fuck needed an arm or a leg bitten off. As long as it isn't children, poor souls got it hard enough in the land as it is.

Not many people like cannibals, obviously she has to keep that on the low.

Other: Scars all over her body throughout the years; Freckles; tattooed number on the back of neck (4372);

//I mean it's three in the morning, i know this is trash, i like fallout, im tired. Just tell me what to do to fix it fam. Idek if im gonna re-read this to fix some errors. If it's shit just tell me

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a little something funny for you guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Himilo
*patiently wait*

Wait are you waiting for more players or other? Cause if other includes life, then I understand.

Also how you doing the starter? Are we to meet someplace?

well to make it easier on everyone, the second someone calls dibs on Famine(of the four horsemen of the post apocalypse) I'll post the IC, it'll be in texas pick any major or small city withing republic territory, legion owned land or cartel owned land, personally my character's will be scattered but the a few of them will be on a vault in on the oustkirts of..... -looks at map- Madisonville

Name: Deckard King
Species: Human
Appearance
377160_screenshots_20170617163134_1_zpsqwkprehw.jpg

Faction:Unaffiliated with any faction but his family.
S: 9
P: 9
E: 5
C: 6
I: 10
A: 10
L: 4
Job: Courier

Tagged Skills: Small Guns, Sneak, Repair, Medicine, Survival

Weapons: A DKS-501 Sniper rifle custom modified to chamber .308 and .308 AP rounds. Deckard also carries a pistol that fires .223, his only other weapon is an M37 Ithaca.
Armor: Wears the body armor found in the Pre-War gear used with the NCR's elite ranger gear, a poly ceramic material that absorbs quite a bit of ballistic damage.

Biography: "Yes sir, I am indeed a courier, not one affiliated with any particular service, I'm Courier Twenty-One, and while I have walked many long roads, been many places, out west to the lands of the North California Republic, to Zion, to east of the Colorado River, and beyond, and while I can handle myself, don't mistake me for being as capable as the one called The Courier, no one can lay claim to being as legendary as that one..."

Deckard was born to a family that has lived out on a homestead to the North of New Vegas, territories out in Utah, close to New Canaan and the more peaceful tribes. Originally his family had lived in the New California Republic, but the predatory business practices of the cattle barons encouraged them to live somewhere they could live in relative peace.

The Kings were large and prosperous enough that they were able to afford to set off as pioneers, to form a family away from NCR and build up their own life. Carrying with them the supplies they needed to build a farm and home out in the relatively untamed wilderness of old Utah.

Over the years they built up a good business, trading for what they needed with the New Caananites and forging relations with the peaceful tribes in the area to make it easier to form caravans to move out to New Vegas, and from there to NCR held lands.

This lifestyle is what shaped Deckard, growing up he learned to be a hardworker tending to the crops, the livestock, as well as fending off would be predators, or the hostilities of tribes like the 80's, there was no need to worry about the White Legs, an individual known as 'The Courier' had helped Joshua Graham drive them off, and they were shortly consumed by other tribes.

The Sorrows and Dead Horses were fairly good neighbors, not given to causing trouble unless given a reason, and the Kings avoided giving them one, keeping to their lands, not that the tribals were overly eager for conflict, neither tribe being overly warlike but also being aware that the King's weren't small, and were well armed.

Eventually Deckard once old enough went on with the caravans the Kings would send out, carrying produce and beef from their brahmin herds. They grew enough to produce not only enough to feed themselves, but to sell surplus to New Canaan, tribals, New Vegas, and even to people in NCR lands.

They avoided the dangers of inbreeding by mingling with tribals, and folks from New Canaan, and in truth the King's were technically a tribe themselves. Their business expanded eventually from not only produce and livestock, but in prospecting and...as Deckard took up himself, courier work.

Having shown himself to be intelligent, and a good shot, he took up doing work as a Courier, carrying packages and mail for folks, often alone, it was here that he truly began to grow into an individual, both in personality and skill, and began to see the Wasteland in detail.

Courier work has been his bread and butter for over ten years now, the work providing extra caps for his family, but also keeping them informed of events out abroad in the wide world, and giving them a feel for the market as well...

Last edited:
I could do it, i already had a plan for him, a raider boss and 3 vault dwellers. Yes i can handle a lot if characters, my last limit waa 23. No joke. If anyone wants to call dibs on faction leaders go ahead. It's not a requirement though, just leaving the thought out there.

It was a necessity st the time, my old rp group loved one liners too much so to make them write more i made more characters.

Same, once i replied with a nice, well written 5 paragraph response. Then the other person had the nerve to reply with just! 3 WORDS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.