3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
d1e525c57b80e7b911a24988acc26a6d6ee6c6da2313aa46acfeecb680114598.jpeg

This, is National City. Home of CatCo Worldwide Media, Lord Technologies among other things.

National City is a bustling city that lies between Los Angeles and San Diego along the coast of California, and home to several million people.

Of course, strange things seem to happen here on the regular. Strangely, the city seems to take all of this in stride, maybe partially do to the masterful spins that CatCo seems to put on nearly every unusual event.

It also boasts a large university National City University, touted for its teaching and law programs.

[[ OOC - This will be the freeplay thread for those in the Epic Crossover clan who want to play in National CIty, if you want to play and aren't a member of the clan, please join! ]]​

A long time ago, and yet not as distant as it could have been...

tumblr_o2hu8g6izh1qhrtuvo1_400.gif

Time and again, since his escape from that facility had he been reviewing the tapes. It was a welcome distraction at least from his prior trials, locked within the recesses of his own mind. To fight it and to ensure he wouldn't lose himself, he had indulged in the one thing guaranteed to keep him somewhat sane and focused, the one thing that mattered before the strange convergence.

The war on Cybertron, where it all began.

tumblr_o7jgy2yB5m1r239fno6_540.gif

Millions of years of conflict, culminating into an exodus from their dying planet. A war where brother fought brother, all the way up to the present era. But there was something wrong about the world now...Their allies among the humans were different. Some enemies had remained the same, where others had changed irrecoverably in ways he could not fathom just yet. Which was why, for two weeks straight after his escape the first thing he did was isolate himself, parking beneath a bridge while he examined at length, just what had happened to the world.

And now he knew.

At its core, nothing had changed. Heroes and villains, good men and bad. His comrades and his enemies were absent as of yet, but if he was here...How much further ahead, could they be? It was imperative that he'd find them soon at the very least. There were many evil men before, who had allied with his nemesis.

Should Megatron be around? He shuddered to think what he could accomplish with the likes of those here.

He had watched for long enough.

It was time to roll out. And with that, for the first time in weeks since crashing away from the facility, the truck rumbled to life as it drove off and away, heading for an entry on the highway before seeking out any unusual activity in the area.

Subject B had escaped. And was sprung. All other security tapes had been deleted - save the one that showed how easily that man had walked in and sabotaged his project. He had, oddly also provided Lord an excuse to blame COBRA for the attack on his facility.

He did as the man directed and ordered Vaughn to change the formula for the mass produced energy drink. Of course, he also told him to refine the formula and find out why this man was so interested in it by any means necessary.

Thankfully, Lord still had Subject A.

3530010220_e7a414f328_z.jpg

It was innocent enough looking, and trapped in its current form due to some tech "borrowed" from various sources; Palmer, OsCorp, Stark, Wayne, LexCorp. All had provided Maxwell Lord with key data due to a previous association he had with a man he had never met and only knew as The Calculator.

He knew that, if and when this Subject were to ever escape its particular sort of bondage, it would kill him in an instant, unless the subject had a better target for its wrath.

And, given the deep scans that had been made on both of the cybernetic entities, he had.

Subject A.

For now, however, Lord would just keep Subject B locked in its form and safely stored in a stasis box inside his desk.

@Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 (for interest)

Last edited:
"Trust me, Maxwell Lord only has me on a short leash. This doesn't apply to your meeting with him. He has very... set viewpoints, and ones he will staunchly defend and stand by." Siobahn assured, shrugging and going back to dinner once more.

@Kingof192

So, that was it. The parlay was successful and he had gone from knowing nothing to knowing everything he really needed to know while she comfortably finished her meal once she had not-quite broken the news to him that she was one of the people he was asking about. Victory did not feel good.

He had heard tales like this about the metahuman population in world war 2. Power gravitated toward and conflicted with other powers on both sides of the war. August Fenwick even had to lead a team of superheroes for a while just before retirement. Maybe in the more commercial and metahuman United States, that didn't simply fall away as much as it evolved into this.

Smythe's situation was sad. Maybe or maybe not very sad, but somehow in that story the cold hand of justice was at work and extracting an untraditional penance. Maybe she deserved all of it or maybe not, but that didn't mean it wasn't sad. and how many times had a Red Panda been that hand of justice's reach?

He was affected, and not afraid to let that show.[BCOLOR=#000000] "One thing I've learned about them is that they are all people, and I believe that all people should be able to put their debts behind them one day. Here's my business card"[/BCOLOR]

Tyler wrote another number on the back of the card [BCOLOR=#000000]"and here's the phone number I actually answer... sometimes. Do let me know if the situation changes to one I could help with."[/BCOLOR]

He was affected, and not afraid to let that show.[BCOLOR=#000000] "One thing I've learned about them is that they are all people, and I believe that all people should be able to put their debts behind them one day. Here's my business card"[/BCOLOR]

Tyler wrote another number on the back of the card [BCOLOR=#000000]"and here's the phone number I actually answer... sometimes. Do let me know if the situation changes to one I could help with."[/BCOLOR]
"Trust me, I've got a lot to pay for, but be that as it may, I am in a far better situation than I was initially left in before Max's intervention. I'm really not sure I'd trade what he did for me for what I'd lose if he hadn't stepped in. Still, if I think you can help, I'll call." Siobahn replied, tucking the card away in her purse.

@Kingof192

"Thank you—"Alex took the card, looking it over for the man's preferred name "—Mr. Norrin Radd." She glanced over at Stephanie then looked back at Norrin. She mouthed an apology; it seemed Stephanie hadn't noticed her slip up on Norrin's secret identity, which was a relief.

"Yeah, she's been sheltered, but there were reasons for it," she replied to Stephanie before turning to Norrin. "Anything you want to say? I think she needs to get home now."

If home was even safe. Stephanie said she noticed she was being watched the moment she left her apartment and what's more there was a car involved. Which was weird since Alex was the only one from the DEO watching this girl, and didn't even need a car to hide away in; compared to tracking aliens who could shapeshift their form to look human like J'onn or even turn invisible, this was a walk in the park. Alex had to wonder what kind of fight this girl was involved in before coming to National City.

@Gands @Michale CS

When Winn told her he wanted to wait to eat the food later, Kara put it back in the same bag as hers to keep them warm.

"Well, um, you see—"she leaned forward, covering one side of her mouth with her hand and whispered, "I think somebody knows my secret."

She shrugged, unsure what else to say. She pursed her lips and returned to her desk. Kara groaned; it was just one thing after another. There were DEO duties, meeting a military sergeant, dealing with Mon-El and now this. Just part of donning the cape, Kara. She didn't hate this part of her life, not at all, but sometimes it can get overwhelming. How does Kal manage it all?

The work day officially ended. Kara stood at the entrance to CatCo, carrying the food while waiting for Winn so they can walk back to her place together.

@LuckycoolHawk9

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Michale CS
Winn looked at Kara as he waited for her to answer his question. He did notice that she was putting the pot stickers away for now though.

Winn looked at her and noticed that she had paused. That meant that it was something big. " Who do you think knows your secret?" He asked.

He wasn't sure what else there was to ask. He went back to his work and on the occasional break, he would read over the Kryptonian language to brush up on his skills. He did wonder if anything was going to happen with Mon-El, but he didn't ask. He hoped that Kara could figure everything out, but he certainly believed in her. He knew that she could do anything she put her mind too.

Winn finished his work and grabbed his bag before he hummed a song before going down an elevator. He saw Kara and smiled. " I am ready to get going," he said.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Mon-El was sleeping when a man appeared in his dreams. He paused, uncertain on if he could trust the man. He seemed suspicious to the alien. " Do you truly wish to be free of your prison? I believe I can help you. The name's Lucifer."

Mon-El paused. " Yes, I would," he said, looking over at him, hoping he wasn't lying.

@Michale CS

Norrin Radd - Silver Surfer

He tilted his head at Alex, the movement very subtle.

" I can take Miss Brown home. Do either of you believe there is some reason for discretion ?

Again, he looked at Alex, the very subtle movement of his head and narrowing of his eyes as he utilized his limited telepathy to check surface thoughts and simply nodded his head after words, satisfied.

" Miss Alex, it was a distinct pleasure to make your acquaintance. You have my contact number. Should an Emergence occur on the West coast I would expect you to contact me immediately. "

He stood very still for a few moments as he created the beginnings of an illusion of Professor Norrin Radd and Miss Brown walking out of this establishment and down the street for perhaps half an hour before turning a corner and completely dissipating. A second illusion covering the real Norrin Radd and Stephanie Brown so no one in the bar aside from himself and the two women would know reality. He then guided Miss Brown out the back exit, covered by the illusion that they weren't there. Within this illusion, he resumed his normal form, that of the Silver Surfer.

" Miss Brown, Alex believed there was some need for discretion, so I have covered our departure with illusions. "

His incomparable board seemed to materialize under their feet. He created an stabilized air bubble so she would not have to withstand the rigors of high speed travel.
Then he went... Straight up ... Oddly, she didn't feel the extra pressure of such a quick trip as he compensated for her within the bubble.

" Can you direct me where you'd like to go ?

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi @Michale CS

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Yeah, she's been sheltered, but there were reasons for it," she replied to Stephanie before turning to Norrin. "Anything you want to say? I think she needs to get home now."

If home was even safe. Stephanie said she noticed she was being watched the moment she left her apartment and what's more there was a car involved. Which was weird since Alex was the only one from the DEO watching this girl, and didn't even need a car to hide away in; compared to tracking aliens who could shapeshift their form to look human like J'onn or even turn invisible, this was a walk in the park. Alex had to wonder what kind of fight this girl was involved in before coming to National City.
"Th-thanks, Alex." Was all I could manage to mutter. Great one Steph. Today has been a lesson on how not to win friends and influence people.

" Miss Brown, Alex believed there was some need for discretion, so I have covered our departure with illusions. "

His incomparable board seemed to materialize under their feet. He created an stabilized air bubble so she would not have to withstand the rigors of high speed travel.
Then he went... Straight up ... Oddly, she didn't feel the extra pressure of such a quick trip as he compensated for her within the bubble.

" Can you direct me where you'd like to go ?
"You're the Silver Surfer." I said, dumbfounded. "You're... the Silver Surfer..." I repeated, letting it settle into my brain. "...Mazatlan?" I joked and when the board started to move I yelped. "Kidding! I live on Main and Ninth, about four blocks from NCU. I've had an unbelievable day. What's next? I don't even wanna know, honestly. This day could not get any wierder..."

Meanwhile... pulling away from the curb across the street from Stephanie's apartment, is a plumber's truck.
"Oh, Stephanie? Where are you now?" The cameras he usually monitored for her daily patterns hadn't registered her in awhile. Not even the ones at the school. "Maybe that fancy new job you interviewed for. I wonder if you'll get it?"
Vinton drove the truck casually away, and toward CatCo's building downtown.
Whistling all the way...
Lying on the seat beside him was a mask, which he tucked away in his tool chest. A black mask, with a jagged red ring around one eye.
@Gands [ Of interest @Yuuki_Tatsunohi @LuckycoolHawk9 ]

Norin Radd - Silver Surfer

" Lets talk for a moment Miss Brown"

"The woman you were talking to, she is a federal agent. She was concerned about you. Something about being followed. That is why we are all the way up here. "

" I found something sharp and point under your desk about e week ago. It's in my office at home now. I studied it you know, it isn't bad, could be more aerodynamic and made of better material. "

" From someone who appears to be hiding in a different identity Miss Brown did you want to tell me anything ? Now you see, I've been wandering about town, exploring my new hometown when I happened to find you, and very upset you were. I was concerned about you, So please forgive any interference from my end. "

Now they began to descend back into civilization, towards civilization, he created illusions to cover their descent, and very gentle landing. He became once again Professor Norin Radd.

" To be honest Miss Brown, my exile to this beautiful planet largely has been a pleasure. That being said, the federal government has asked me to live here, on the west coast of your country. All of my friends are east coast and finding friends since then has been difficult. Do you think we could become better acquainted ?"

@Michale CS

"The woman you were talking to, she is a federal agent. She was concerned about you. Something about being followed. That is why we are all the way up here. "
"Ask and ye shall receive. This is when Stephanie's day gets even weirder." I mutter, half to Norrin and half my usual mostly internal monologue. "Someone's following me? Well, I pissed off dozens of villains and a few heroes back in my time as..." I ticked them off on my fingers, "The Spoiler, Robin, Batgirl, and yeah even as plain old Stephanie Brown - my secret identity doesn't seem so damned secret"

" I found something sharp and pointy under your desk about e week ago. It's in my office at home now. I studied it you know, it isn't bad, could be more aerodynamic and made of better material. "
"I don't do that. I don't just leave... Batarangs lying around." I insisted - nevermind that the point of one was barely peeking out of my bag at my interview with Kara, that didn't count because I still had possession of it, then I had an oh shit moment. "So... whomever is tailing me, planted a Batarang - I'm serious Norrin, I keep a very exact count of them, and I am not missing one since I came to National City."

" From someone who appears to be hiding in a different identity Miss Brown did you want to tell me anything ? Now you see, I've been wandering about town, exploring my new hometown when I happened to find you, and very upset you were. I was concerned about you, So please forgive any interference from my end. "
"I just wanted to go to school. Far away from the Bat-nonsense, but I couldn't just... not use my skills to help people. So, new costume and new name. I just don't have the tech to modify Batarangs. Oh, and Batman might take issue with you saying it could be more aerodynamic and stuff, it's kind of his signature weapon."

" To be honest Miss Brown, my exile to this beautiful planet largely has been a pleasure. That being said, the federal government has asked me to live here, on the west coast of your country. All of my friends are east coast and finding friends since then has been difficult. Do you think we could become better acquainted ?"
I just laughed. "Sure, why not? I have Kara almost pissed enough at me to stomp me into the ground, and a stalker I don't know about. I need all the friends I can get."

@Gands

Norrin Radd. -. Silver Surfer

"Stephanie, I am sorry that I helped make your day more weird. As far as technology, Aerodynamics, that is a science I have largely mastered. What we will need is a design. Something that looks more like a Heron than a bat. Don't worry about what material to use, get something 3d printed first. "

"Perhaps we should look through your house for other people's technology ?" My senses can extend into a variety of areas. "

He takes a moment to extend his senses to search for bugs and Cameras.

@Michale CS

"Stephanie, I am sorry that I helped make your day more weird. As far as technology, Aerodynamics, that is a science I have largely mastered. What we will need is a design. Something that looks more like a Heron than a bat. Don't worry about what material to use, get something 3d printed first. "

"Perhaps we should look through your house for other people's technology ?" My senses can extend into a variety of areas. "

He takes a moment to extend his senses to search for bugs and Cameras.
There weren't any bugs or cameras in Stephanie's house, but there was a small camera mounted on a light pole across the street from her apartment that was definitely far newer than the standard tech used for red light cameras at intersections - and this wasn't even at an intersection. It appeared to be not connected to the electrical grid - meaning it was being accessed wirelessly.

"Uh... I guess we could. And yeah, I... well I don't have a 3D printer, though there's one in the CAD/CAM lab at NCU. I thought of enrolling in the class just so I could make some logos for the Ricochet, actually." It felt strange talking about my secret ID so openly, but... I mean I couldn't ask for more powerful allies.

@Gands

Norrin Radd. -. Silver Surfer

"I don't wish to alarm you or make your day more weird, but there is a camera watching the front of your house. Should I disable it ? Or simply move it ?"

"As for the three - D printer, come by my office at NCU and I will write up some paperwork that will allow you to use it. We have an advantage, we can choose a shape and configuration than can be better balanced and aerodynamic. "

"Did you know miss Alex was a Federal Agent ? "

@Michale CS

"I don't wish to alarm you or make your day more weird, but there is a camera watching the front of your house. Should I disable it ? Or simply move it ?"
"Don't mess with it. Like at all. I don't want who's stalking me to know I'm on to them. I can hop my back fence and leave the house that way if I don't want him to know I left. I don't keep the Ricochet at home - it's in a storage unit downtown, so I can do my Heron thing without my stalker ever thinking I left home. Eventually if he's watching me some other way they'll figure out I'm getting out somehow, but initially they'll lose track of me." I told him. How had I not noticed the camera before? I notice the trash can but not a camera pointed at my apartment? But at least now I knew.

"As for the three - D printer, come by my office at NCU and I will write up some paperwork that will allow you to use it. We have an advantage, we can choose a shape and configuration than can be better balanced and aerodynamic. "
"I've had some ideas for awhile. See, I use batarangs with different payloads - electric, liquid nitrogen, tear gas, and so on. with a redesign I could find a way to increase the yield." My brain was working now. All the ideas of what I'd do in an ideal world if I were as rich as Bruce ran through my mind.

"Did you know miss Alex was a Federal Agent ? "
"Only once she was there at Noonan's before I was and casually watched me like a hawk once I arrived. It's pretty easy to spot someone trying to act like they're not doing exactly what they're doing if you know what you're looking for." I responded with a shrug. Really I thought there were actually more agents there than there were, but better be on the side of caution and paranoia - usually. I'd just spilled the beans thanks to the way Kara had reacted and the fact that I knew I was being cased.

@Gands [ Of interest @Yuuki_Tatsunohi ]

Norrin Radd - Silver Surfer

"I understand, I am glad you are thinking again though.Think about what the perfect material would be. I can transmute material from one to another. "

" I don't think her people are the ones following you either. It doesn't seem like something they would do."

" I am going to give you a cell phone number, call and I will hear it. I think there is more to this and I will come quickly if trouble finds you. Whatever trouble you came here to hide from, still seeks you out."

" I think you are a good person Stephanie Brown, Perhaps there is still a hero within you ?"

@Michale CS

"I have some suspicions." Alex raised an eyebrow as Norrin tilted his head at her. J'onn told her the Silver Surfer had some telepathic capabilities, but they weren't as strong as the Martian's according to him. I'm not the only one watching her. He nodded, satisfied with that answer.

"Miss Alex, it was a distinct pleasure to make your acquaintance. You have my contact number. Should an emergency occur on the West coast I would expect you to contact me immediately."

"Of course. Have a good evening, Mr. Radd."

Norrin stood still as a second version of him and Stephanie formed and started walking down the street. The real Norrin guided the real Stephanie away and around the corner. Immediately afterward, a silver humanoid figure rose above Noonan's with Stephanie trying to balance herself on his board. Alex waved at them as they flew away.

@Gands @Michale CS

"Great! I'm starving so off we go." Kara put her hands in the air as if she were about to fly, pointing them in the direction of her apartment. "I'm kidding," she laughed, then started to walk. "Oh, by the way, I got the new Injustice: Contest of Champions and I've been playing around with Bruiser—"

Kara froze, raising one hand to stop Winn. She heard the whir and beep of computers, and someone whistling the song Twisted Nerve. It reminded Kara of the time she and Alex snuck into the theater when they were younger to watch an R-rated movie. The song was coming from a plumber's truck passing by. Kara removed her glasses and used her X-Ray vision on the truck. What should have been plumbing supplies and tools were instead screens and computer towers. Some of the screens were on while others were off. From the ones that were on, Kara saw an apartment building and various campuses from National City University. The image on the screen showing the apartment briefly turned fuzzy before returning to normal as if nothing happened. There was only one person in the truck and in the passenger's seat next to him was a black mask.

"Surveillance truck, but it's not DEO." Kara nodded at the truck as it drove away. If it were DEO, she would have been told of it and who they might be looking for, but nobody ever did. She didn't even recognize the person driving the vehicle. She turned to Winn. "Do you know if there have been any searches for other terrorists in National City?"

If so, it could be CIA or ARGUS officials doing some work. It was understandable given what happened just last week and with the sergeant in the city. Though something about that plumber truck bugged Kara. "And would a government agent doing surveillance really need a mask?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Winn wasn't exactly the biggest fan of flying with Kara. He had done once to him to save his life, but he wasn't going to admit that it was fun. He smiled a bit, happy that they would be able to play some video games before they got to spend time with each other. He was also really looking forward to the pot stickers.

Winn stopped in his track when he saw that Kara had put her hand in front of him. He wondered what she was hearing and if they were in danger. He wondered if someone else was trying to survey or scope for Supergirl or if it was just some coincidence that he had overlooked. Winn knew better than to trust things at face value, nothing was ever as it appeared to be and that went double for things in National City. He bit down on his lower lip wondering if they were in trouble or she had found something else. The longer he waited, the more nervous he got for his own sake. If she kept looking long enough, people would be questioning what she was looking at and he would have to come up with an excuse. He sucked at making excuse and that went double for making things up for Kara, he had used most of his excuses today on Cat Grant and any disappearances.

A non DEO surveillance truck, that was different to say the least bit. Why would someone be surveying the city and for what purpose could it be? He looked at her for a brief moment when she asked him the question. " As far as I know, there has been no investigations into terrorists in National City, I could double check when we got to your house," he added.

He wondered if it could possibly be CADMUS doing some surveillance on the city, but he wasn't entirely certain about that to be quite honest. He looked over at her. " Do you think that it could be CADMUS or possibly even another vigilante surveying the city?" He asked, giving two vastly different options.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Reactions: Gands
Morin Radd. -. Silver Surfer

It has been a few days since the incident at the bar. Miss Brown was clever, a real thinker once she got going. He made an effort to scope out the grounds of his college, noting the location of each and every one.

Then he sent the information to agent Alex and that nice young fellow in the military. A typewritten letter noting who it was sent to and detailing the contents. Titled too many Cameras ?

Miss Brown had been using his department printer and the designs so far where very promising. That being done, I sent a separate typewritten note to agent Alex that I would like to arrange a friendly meeting with Supergirl.

It was time we all got to know one another.. Just in case.

@Michale CS @Nomad-22 @Yuuki_Tatsunohi @LuckycoolHawk9

usaTodayLogoBTTF.jpg

The Nation's Newspaper

Strange Anomaly Has Experts Baffled

Today at exactly noon GMT, timepieces all over the world stopped for a full minute. Not only that, it appears from preliminary reports, that everything and everyone stopped as well. People report a strange paralysis in which they were aware of the world around them but were unable to move. Religions and cults across the world are heralding this as the start of the end times or some apocalyptic event, and financial markets worldwide are in an uproar, with both the FTSE and the DAX halting trading for the day while the futures markets for the NYSE, NASDAQ, TSE, and SEHK are all wildly volatile.

Experts in Astronomy and Physics are baffled, so some are turning to other explanations - either some sort of divine intervention or, strangely... Magic. Special divisions of SHIELD and other international organizations focused on such things are working diligently on an explanation.

More as this develops​

Norrin Radd Silver Surfer

Floating above the city, for just that brief moment he felt the flow of time stop around him. This feeling he had to admit was incredibly odd. It was certainly not normal. There were a number of people who could affect time, but usually not In such a bold direct and wide spread manner. He tuned in his senses to pick up Radio signals, then television signals. This was happening all over the city, the nation... Worse, the world.

He expanded his senses, watching for a moment the flow of time again. Everything seemed normal. People were confused, scared. This had to be looked into. As he had not ability as yet to contact Supergirl, he contacted the DEO director, leaving a courtesy message, then the same with Nick Fury. Seems that everyone was busy about this mystery.

He needed someplace to think, where he was most comfortable. He quickly ascended the heavens into the cold of outer space. Some time passed while he studied the flows of time. Gradually, he noticed a figure moving about near a large satellite near an L-5 point.

@Michale CS

Norrin Radd Silver Surfer

Floating above the city, for just that brief moment he felt the flow of time stop around him. This feeling he had to admit was incredibly odd. It was certainly not normal. There were a number of people who could affect time, but usually not In such a bold direct and wide spread manner. He tuned in his senses to pick up Radio signals, then television signals. This was happening all over the city, the nation... Worse, the world.

He expanded his senses, watching for a moment the flow of time again. Everything seemed normal. People were confused, scared. This had to be looked into. As he had not ability as yet to contact Supergirl, he contacted the DEO director, leaving a courtesy message, then the same with Nick Fury. Seems that everyone was busy about this mystery.

He needed someplace to think, where he was most comfortable. He quickly ascended the heavens into the cold of outer space. Some time passed while he studied the flows of time. Gradually, he noticed a figure moving about near a large satellite near an L-5 point.

@Michale CS
tumblr_mha22sjnhz1qhcdpbo2_500.gif

The figure seemed to notice the Surfer and veered toward him.
Once he had approached closely, he gestured briefly in a way that made it clear that he wished to speak with the former Herald of Galactus. Kal-El definitely knew that Surfer would be able to manufacture air around the two icons so they could converse in the vacuum of space and presuming that was done, the Man of Steel spoke.

"I am sure you are aware of what just happened. It was not isolated to Earth, or even this galaxy. This was a universe-wide event. What we felt was one of the Infinity Stones, the Time Gem in particular, being ripped from its owner and temporarily destroyed. I watched it happen, and I still don't understand it fully. But I can tell you who is behind this madness..."
thanos_infinity_gauntlet_avengers_age_of_ultron-500x500_c.jpg

"Thanos. I know you have a history so I don't need to explain. But this time, he's not alone. He's recruited a small group that he has called The Black Order."

Marvel-Infinity-TheBlackOrder-Thanos-Poster.png

"Supergiant, Black Dwarf, Corvius Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw - Gathered from all around the cosmos and all powerful villains in their own right. Thanos was making another move on the Infinity Stones, so I assembled my own team..."

"The Sentry, Gladiator, Doctor Manhattan, Shazam. We took the fight to them. The Time Gem was being held by Nova Corps at an installation near a black hole, so that the effects of the gem could be camouflaged. It wasn't enough to deceive the Black Order."
He paused and shook his head. "It was going well at first, but somehow they managed to obtain the gem, but rather than use it, Thanos sought to destroy it. He has a device built into his gauntlet that somehow allows him to destroy the stones. When the stone was destroyed, that's when time stopped. It simply didn't exist anymore, though, somehow Thanos himself was able to move despite the non-existence of time. It seemed that he was going to execute our entire team at his leisure but that's when the gem reappeared whole, and then disappeared again - teleported away somewhere is my guess."

Kal-El chuckled lightly. "I have to admit to some satisfaction at the look of disbelief and rage on Thanos' face at the gem reforming. But now we're left with both the threat... and questions. What could have reformed the gem, and who has it? My team is, for now, staying on the Black Order's trail to prevent them from attempting to destroy the Infinity Stones. I need another team, and a powerful one, to investigate these questions. Anyone powerful enough to restore an Infinity Stone and steal it out from under Thanos... well we need to know their motivations. Do you think you can do that for me Norrin?"

@Gands @Akira @Angelic Fusion @C.T. @Camleen @Chewy Rabbits @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @EvanTheIceDragonSlayer @Heichou @Hospes @Indolent@ @jbates @Kaykay @Kingof192 @LuckycoolHawk9 @mr_pibbs @Ms.Ezra @N'Yatah @Nomad-22 @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Sir Kaltao @Skullene @Sonevar @thatguyinthestore @york @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.