3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
d1e525c57b80e7b911a24988acc26a6d6ee6c6da2313aa46acfeecb680114598.jpeg

This, is National City. Home of CatCo Worldwide Media, Lord Technologies among other things.

National City is a bustling city that lies between Los Angeles and San Diego along the coast of California, and home to several million people.

Of course, strange things seem to happen here on the regular. Strangely, the city seems to take all of this in stride, maybe partially do to the masterful spins that CatCo seems to put on nearly every unusual event.

It also boasts a large university National City University, touted for its teaching and law programs.

[[ OOC - This will be the freeplay thread for those in the Epic Crossover clan who want to play in National CIty, if you want to play and aren't a member of the clan, please join! ]]​

ad decided to forgo her weird suit. Well, Kara wasn't planning on bringing up that bat knife she saw either; just doing so screams she is not human. "Alright, um, explain yourself."

"Well... Since I am obviously being watched by at least three? Maybe more, some of them are really good - federal agents of some kind? Maybe I won't be ultra subtle like I planned?"
I actually waved a little directly at one of the DEO agents who had been casing me for a while now.

"The batarang is mine. I guess I need to swap them out for something more bird related. This is the part where I admit to being... The Spoiler, followed by Robin, followed by Batgirl then now... Heron? And then you guys try to haul me in, and might escape and I might not?"

I sighed and sipped my tea. "One little in-joke about Supes weakness which was broadcast live on national TV about ten years ago and everything I worked for, getting a scholarship, trying to branch out on my own, all shot to Hell. I bet you didn't even try calling Lucius Fox did you? Just assumed the worst and called in the feds. Honestly, Kara, I'm tired of all this posturing and holier than thou crap that SHIELD, the DEO, and all the other acronyms from Hell agencies stick to. I do good work out there. Work the cops wish they could get to... Do you know I practiced in the mirror what I was going to say to you? I was going to tell the truth, just not endanger you because I don't put civilians at risk. But since you're obviously a fed or working for them, I figured... What the Hell? Let's see what happens."

So then I lean back in my seat, figuring what I'd do. Over the countertop and through the kitchen, plenty of distractions there out the service entrance and hopefully a minimum of guys to knock out. But if I hear a helicopter once I'm outside it's probably all over unless I get really lucky.

I'm hoping like crazy that I don't have to run. That'd flush everything I worked for over the past year down the toilet.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi

With a sneering grunt, the harden merc answered back.

"My life. Noting that you and chestnut here can do, will compare to that skull-faced bastard if he gets his hands on me."

Doreen leaned in and whispered to the man.
"Are you sure about that? Squirrels can get into any prison you'd be in, and it'd take a little convincing, but I could get them to take some bites out of an entirely different set of nuts than they're used to."

Then she straightened up and smiled, saying nothing else, but that smile did reveal her undeniably squirrel like teeth.

@Nomad-22

"Well yes, but many of them aren't appropriate for a first date. Dancing, somewhere, might be nice?"

Tyler's eyes nearly popped out of his head as he involuntarily laughed "Ha!"

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Behave yourself, Miss Smythe, it is a weeknight."[/BCOLOR]

letting Sibohan into the car, he spoke to the driver[BCOLOR=#000000] "Can you find us someplace like that, Ralphus? I don't think Disneyland is quite her style"[/BCOLOR]

Getting into the car himself, he commenced attempt number 2 by pushing a button, which revealed a bottle and glasses.

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Here it is, the cliched wine that comes with such cars. Don't feel obligated though, it's usually the expensive label nobody actually likes."[/BCOLOR]

• Love
Reactions: Michale CS
Here it is, the cliched wine that comes with such cars. Don't feel obligated though, it's usually the expensive label nobody actually likes.

This got a good reaction from her, but she did say, "Just a sip or two. I want to be steady on my feet when we go dancing."

She seemed a bit more interested in Tyler himself than much of anything else.

"Do you treat all the secretaries you meet like this, Tyler?"

@Kingof192

Doreen leaned in and whispered to the man.
"Are you sure about that? Squirrels can get into any prison you'd be in, and it'd take a little convincing, but I could get them to take some bites out of an entirely different set of nuts than they're used to."

Then she straightened up and smiled, saying nothing else, but that smile did reveal her undeniably squirrel like teeth.

@Nomad-22

Beach caught bits and pieces from what Doreen whispered to their prisoner. Whatever it was, Mark the merc changed from defiant to utterly frightened. The Joe made a mental note to try not piss off his squirrel loving ally if it be can helped as Mr. Nelson spoke more humbly.

"What you do want?"

An hour later, it was over. Beachhead and Squrriel Girl left the room, walking down the room. Beach wrote on an little note pad with a pencil, finishing the last details he gotten, though it wasn't much but enough. Beside the chemcial agent in the skycapper, Red Skull apparently discovered a Cobra armory underneath an abandoned factory several miles south, outside of National City, but chose to leave it alone.

He put up the notepad and switched to his cellphone and called General Hawk on a secured channel, with Doreen walking beside him. After explaining what he discovered, Beach asked.

"General you think can spare us some reinforcements? The snakes will likely have their underground armory sealed up tight."

Last edited:
"Do you treat all the secretaries you meet like this, Tyler?"

Attempt #2 hadn't quite worked, but it looked like he could still score on the rebound.

Tyler cupped his chin with his finger and thumb [BCOLOR=#000000] "Today, the people of National City have experienced a terrorist attack and some sort of flying rhino- and those are just the things that happened out in the open. Meanwhile, I am in town to make money on protecting the buildings they live or work in simply because so few companies seem to be interested in that business. My grandfather taught us that our money was there to be used for the benefit of the people, because there were certain things that only people with a lot of money could actually do for people. "[/BCOLOR]

Tyler poured out a small portion into one glass [BCOLOR=#000000] "To your point, part of me wishes I could have every secretary and every other citizen of National City metaphorically here in the car with me"[/BCOLOR]

He held out the glass to her [BCOLOR=#000000] "and part of me is glad that one of the few people I had any contact with today was you."[/BCOLOR]

A smiled raced across the face and then he nodded [BCOLOR=#000000]"So take a sip. I didn't mean to imply it was awful."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Do you mind me asking, how do you cope with days like today?"[/BCOLOR]

Tyler poured out a small portion into one glass [BCOLOR=#000000] "To your point, part of me wishes I could have every secretary and every other citizen of National City metaphorically here in the car with me"[/BCOLOR]
"How..." She paused, stopping before she said something tactless. "...altruistic."

A smiled raced across the face and then he nodded [BCOLOR=#000000]"So take a sip. I didn't mean to imply it was awful."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Do you mind me asking, how do you cope with days like today?"[/BCOLOR]
"Together, then?" She reached over and poured some into a second glass, and arranged it so their arms crossed as they offered each other a sip from glasses poured from the bottle. "...and company like this is how I manage, Tyler."

@Kingof192

He put up notepad and switched his cellphone and called General Hawk on a secured channel, with Doreen walking beside him. After explaining what he discovered, Beach asked.

"General you think can spare us some reinforcements? The snakes will likely have their underground armory sealed up tight."
"I can get you a covert ops team. Note the title. Stick with it. Give me... 48 hours." Hawk replied. "Anything else?"

@Nomad-22

"I can get you a covert ops team. Note the title. Stick with it. Give me... 48 hours." Hawk replied. "Anything else?"

@Nomad-22

"Copy that General. Other than the covert team, we've be needimg surveillance and detection tech, in case those SOBs have any surprises there. Over and out."

Finished up with that call, Beach look back to his superhero ally. So far she proven herself more than capable...in an unorthodox sort of way. "I'll let you know when it's time if you want in on the mission. It's probably best we will go rest on this."

Then just as Beachhead was going his separate way, he remembered something, and shook his head.

That damn tv interview is today. Meaning I have to put on my dress uniform, take off the mask, and then politely endure whatever shit is thrown at me. At least with snakes I can shoot back at them.

• Useful
Reactions: Michale CS
"...and company like this is how I manage, Tyler."
Not only had attempt 2 and it's rebound failed, but Tyler was looking at a whole new playing field. He wasn't the only one with the agenda: cars, rooms, wine, company like this. It was becoming clear

What's worse, her agenda seemed to be coming along better. Her case was a good one, she was a beautiful, strong, smart, formidable woman. More than equal of Tyler, possibly even in Red Panda's class. The situation was both bad and good.

He couldn't help but look into her eyes a bit as he thought of a song from Siouxsie and the Banshees
Face to face -- the passions breathe
I hate to stay...but then I hate to leave

Then, the sound of his cell phone. Priority call, from KBF

he answered. [BCOLOR=#000000] "Yes."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I'm with someone"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Personal"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"With a capital B? Yes, I know what you mean."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"How did he get out number? I didn't even think he knew we existed"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Because I've got an appointment with Lord tomorrow, and I've already missed one. That's why not. We're doing important work here. Also, it's already past time."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Maybe if he would consider that he's calling Canada, he would have made it a bit more clear. Listen, tell him regrets, but listening"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Mother hen, shouldn't you be asleep by now?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Yes, boss."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]He hung up the phone. "Please forgive me for that, Sibohan it's an emergency I think, but I'm going to have to let others handle it"[/BCOLOR]

The car stopped, lights turning on "We've arrived, sir" came Ralphus' voice over the com.

@Ringmaster

Not only had attempt 2 and it's rebound failed, but Tyler was looking at a whole new playing field. He wasn't the only one with the agenda: cars, rooms, wine, company like this. It was becoming clear

What's worse, her agenda seemed to be coming along better. Her case was a good one, she was a beautiful, strong, smart, formidable woman. More than equal of Tyler, possibly even in Red Panda's class. The situation was both bad and good.

He couldn't help but look into her eyes a bit as he thought of a song from Siouxsie and the Banshees
Face to face -- the passions breathe
I hate to stay...but then I hate to leave

Then, the sound of his cell phone. Priority call, from KBF

he answered. [BCOLOR=#000000] "Yes."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I'm with someone"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Personal"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"With a capital B? Yes, I know what you mean."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"How did he get out number? I didn't even think he knew we existed"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Because I've got an appointment with Lord tomorrow, and I've already missed one. That's why not. We're doing important work here. Also, it's already past time."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Maybe if he would consider that he's calling Canada, he would have made it a bit more clear. Listen, tell him regrets, but listening"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Mother hen, shouldn't you be asleep by now?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Yes, boss."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]He hung up the phone. "Please forgive me for that, Sibohan it's an emergency I think, but I'm going to have to let others handle it"[/BCOLOR]

The car stopped, lights turning on "We've arrived, sir" came Ralphus' voice over the com.

(( OOC why did you tag Ring? It's me you're dealing with LOL ))

"How thoughtful of you. Any other time I would have gotten the full on brush off." She set aside the glass, untouched, and prepared to follow Tyler to the next part of their evening.

@Kingof192

Underneath the table, Kara clenched the hem of her sweater when Stephanie waved at her sister. This girl was lucky she was wearing her glasses or else that blond head would have been fried right on the spot.

"Listen here, Brown: Lucius Fox was the last thing on my mind when you said Kryptonite. And how dare you casually mention Superman's weakness like that! He has saved so many live; so many because for some reason, you humans have a habit of getting into deep trouble. You say you do good work then don't go around ousting other good people. Especially Superman.

"You don't scare me, hell, you can't even put a dent on me. I don't need those organizations to take you out; I can do it with my own bare hands." Even if she wasn't looking at her sister, Kara knew Alex was shaking her head at the approach she was using. Well, Stephanie started it and there was no way Kara was going to let someone run around her city in a leather costume when they have knowledge of her weakness. "No matter how sharp your batarangs are or how tough that suit you wore earlier is, you have no idea who you are dealing with, Heron."

Kara grabbed her purse and coffee, stomping out of Noonan's with Alex following right after.

"Where are you going?" Alex asked.

"I don't know, work maybe!" Kara snapped, her steps leaving deep footprints in her wake.

@Michale CS

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Winn was already at work, working at his job and wondering when Kara was going to get in. He hoped she wasn't going to be late due to being Supergirl. He could only run interference with Cat Grant for oh so long without the woman starting to get suspicious of his motives. Maybe he should check to make sure nothing bad was going to happen in the city. He texted Kara a quick message. ' Are you almost here?" He hit sent hoping that the message went through.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi @Michale CS

Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Underneath the table, Kara clenched the hem of her sweater when Stephanie waved at her sister. This girl was lucky she was wearing her glasses or else that blond head would have been fried right on the spot.

"Listen here, Brown: Lucius Fox was the last thing on my mind when you said Kryptonite. And how dare you casually mention Superman's weakness like that! He has saved so many live; so many because for some reason, you humans have a habit of getting into deep trouble. You say you do good work then don't go around ousting other good people. Especially Superman.

"You don't scare me, hell, you can't even put a dent on me. I don't need those organizations to take you out; I can do it with my own bare hands." Even if she wasn't looking at her sister, Kara knew Alex was shaking her head at the approach she was using. Well, Stephanie started it and there was no way Kara was going to let someone run around her city in a leather costume when they have knowledge of her weakness. "No matter how sharp your batarangs are or how tough that suit you wore earlier is, you have no idea who you are dealing with, Heron."

Kara grabbed her purse and coffee, stomping out of Noonan's with Alex following right after.

"Where are you going?" Alex asked.

"I don't know, work maybe!" Kara snapped, her steps leaving deep footprints in her wake.

@Michale CS
"Uhh... This is what honesty gets me?" I looked after Kara leaving and walked over to Alex.

"So... Kara needs a little work on keeping her secret... Which I've kinda figured out, Alex, is it? And am I like, under arrest cause I'd rather be under arrest than in trouble with a meta that chummy with Superman... I really would prefer to not die if it's all the same to you..."

This day could not get any worse.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi @Gands

Norrin Radd - Silver Surfer

I am taking time to get to know this city, newish to this world even more so than I am. I have spent part of my day in the neighborhood not far from the little house I live in. I walk into this establishment, senses alive, enjoying life.

I spot one of my students, Ms Brown. I can hear her heartbeat, focus on it. She is, distressed. I see no trouble here. I wander over, walking slowly. I can hear music in the background.

images

" Miss Brown" I smile at the two women. Are either of you locals ? I am trying to learn more about the city I live in. Can you introduce me to your friend ?

I am dressed in a simple black shirt with a nice blue grey jacket, black trousers and nice shoes.

Jiko- the cooking place, where vibrant spices, wood-burning ovens and boutique South Africans wines met the ambiance of a the heart of Africa that was more truer to the idealized reputation than the actual living. With lush and rich atmosphere, this was not only the place the rich came to eat; it was a place that provided tranquility for those that stressed to afford it.

Attempt #3- parlay

Tyler smiled as they entered: this was what he had wanted. One of the best places money could buy for her, and the forced slow pace for him.

[BCOLOR=#000000]"This is really wonderful."[/BCOLOR] he commented to Sibohan Smythe.

On the way to the table, Tyler thought about it. "What happens, Sibohan Smythe, when you get to live the life you seem to want so much for just this moment in time. Do you try defend to hold on to it for as long as you can, do you try to gain more by getting a tighter grip on me, do you question the meaning of it all, or do you just slow down to enjoy it? Fair trade? Now, can we parlay?

[BCOLOR=#000000]"It feels good to get away from it all and just enjoy a meal, eh"[/BCOLOR] Tyler opened.

[BCOLOR=#000000]"It feels good to get away from it all and just enjoy a meal, eh"[/BCOLOR] Tyler opened.
"Actually, for me too. I'm kept pretty busy, and... I had recent issues where I was a literal banshee." She responded. "I was like... two different people, for how differently I acted. Do you ever feel like that, Tyler?"

Siobahn sipped at he wine and worked slowly on her food, taking her time with the evening. Tyler would have noticed that she had two different cell phones and she'd turned them both off once they entered the restaurant.

@Kingof192

Alex stopped following her and Kara didn't even care. Her phone buzzed and Kara opened it to see a text from Winn. She sighed, her features softening into a smile. Well, at least she could always count on a text from her best friend to make her feel a little better.

[To Winn: Almost. I'm on my way. I might grab some pot stickers for dinner. Up for sharing later?]
@LuckycoolHawk9

Alex watched her sister go, deciding it was best to leave her sister alone to cool off. Kara had been tense all day and it seems she finally snapped after this brief encounter. She made a note to stop by Kara's apartment later and ask what happened when she wasn't creating footprints in cement.

A voice spoke and Alex turned to see it was that same girl Kara was talking to. She raised an eyebrow when the girl called her by name; she hadn't even introduced herself properly. This girl has got skills.

"No, you are not under arrest. I don't have enough evidence or even a warrant to take you in. And you're not going to die either. I was called here because apparently, you rattled her—"she pointed at Kara's retreating figure "—quite a bit. With good reason when it comes to Superman." Alex crossed her arms over her chest. "Tell me what you know about Kryptonite and I can take you off our watch list. As far as I know, that mineral's name is not public knowledge."

It seems the girl at least got an idea that Kara was not a normal human, given that she called her a meta. Hopefully, this would be the closest she ever got to learning about Kara as Alex personally wasn't going to let her off the hook that easily.

A man in a suit with a shaven head and approached, smiling. He acknowledged the girl by name—Miss Brown—before turning to her.

"Name's Alex," she said, opting to introduce herself instead. She left out her last name for Miss Brown already knew enough; Alex wasn't going to let her know any more about her. "And for the record, she is not my friend. I just met her."
@Michale CS @Gands

Last edited:
Norin Radd - Silver Surfer

" I beg your pardon Miss Alex. Stephanie is one of my students at the University here. "

The man before the two of you moves deliberately and with notable grace.

"Stephanie, are you all right, you look..distressed. Perhaps we should sit ? Or we can go somewhere else.

He opens up his senses, detecting a weapon and likely more than a couple of very sophisticated electronic devices on Alex.

"Uh, It kinda is public knowledge if you pay real close attention to the meta community? I know this is really digging deep but like ten years ago, there was this android-robot... whatever, named Amazo? And he actually called the stuff he was using against Superman at the time Kryptonite? I guess later, they took that part out of the media coverage, and well, social media wasn't like it is now so... I've just got a good memory? I guess it's supposed to make him weaker or something?" Great. So I am on a watch list cause I have a crazy good memory?

"Professor! Am I glad to see you! I guess I really goofed up here. I don't know what's exactly going to happen, but if it goes bad I might not be around for class... um, for awhile? Maybe longer?" I sigh and step back, shaking my head, and start to pacing.

"This is when Stephanie realizes this is the worst trouble she's been in that wasn't actually a knock down drag out fight, and she doesn't have a lot of ways out of the - oh damn. I did it again. Monologued out loud. It's a long story... Ugh! I just wanted a job, that's it. Just a job so I could afford to live out here. The scholarship covers the tuition and some of the books but..." I stop pacing and cover my face with one hand, tears of frustration threatening to emerge. I fight them back, hard, but they'll win eventually.

"It just seems the harder I try to do something, the worse I fail at it." I mumble through my hand.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi @Gands

Status
Not open for further replies.