3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
d1e525c57b80e7b911a24988acc26a6d6ee6c6da2313aa46acfeecb680114598.jpeg

This, is National City. Home of CatCo Worldwide Media, Lord Technologies among other things.

National City is a bustling city that lies between Los Angeles and San Diego along the coast of California, and home to several million people.

Of course, strange things seem to happen here on the regular. Strangely, the city seems to take all of this in stride, maybe partially do to the masterful spins that CatCo seems to put on nearly every unusual event.

It also boasts a large university National City University, touted for its teaching and law programs.

[[ OOC - This will be the freeplay thread for those in the Epic Crossover clan who want to play in National CIty, if you want to play and aren't a member of the clan, please join! ]]​

Norin Radd - Silver Surfer

" Stephanie, please, calm down. I'm sure everything will be fine. Lets take a walk, we can find a different
place to eat. "

He take Stephanie's hand, holding it. Giving Alex an odd look as he makes an effort to calm his student.
He seems to exude calm feelings for Stephanie.

@Michale CS @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Alex stopped following her and Kara didn't even care. Her phone buzzed and Kara opened it to see a text from Winn. She sighed, her features softening into a smile. Well, at least she could always count on a text from her best friend to make her feel a little better.

[To Winn: Almost. I'm on my way. I might grab some pot stickers for dinner. Up for sharing later?]

Winn waited patiently for her text, but after a few moments, he decided to check some of the decrypted Kryptonian that he had been reading and went back to it. He may have come earlier so that he could do that, but he wasn't about to admit that aloud. His phone buzzed.

([BCOLOR=#000000]To Kara: Wow, you are early today, no disasters. I am totally up for sharing some pot stickers tonight."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]He hit sent.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]@Yuuki_Tatsunohi @Michale CS[/BCOLOR]

"Actually, for me too. I'm kept pretty busy, and... I had recent issues where I was a literal banshee." She responded. "I was like... two different people, for how differently I acted. Do you ever feel like that, Tyler?"

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I'm an entrepreneur, which means I have to be at least eight or ten different people, only about three of which are actually me. I also have to be a bear sometimes.[/BCOLOR]" Tyler answered offhand, having said most of that to people before many times.

His motion stopped and his eyes turned thoughtful[BCOLOR=#000000] "Wait. You said banshee. That's...very specific."[/BCOLOR] Tyler led her in, wondering what those words meant in the order she used them..

His motion stopped and his eyes turned thoughtful[BCOLOR=#000000] "Wait. You said banshee. That's...very specific."[/BCOLOR] Tyler led her in, wondering what those words meant in the order she used them..
"What, you thought I wasn't Welsh? I've schooled the accent out of my speech, but how many people do you know named Siobahn?"
She chuckled.

"Wailin' like a banshee was a common phrase I heard growing up." Siobahn reached for a glass of water and sipped it some. "I was trying to be more sophisticated than saying I was a bitch. But, there you have it."

Still...

@Kingof192

"I was trying to be more sophisticated than saying I was a bitch. But, there you have it."

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Given the poise with which you've handled all of todays events and your lack of need to see anyone else this evening, I'd say there's likely an ex-boyfriend involved somewhere in that, but never mind."[/BCOLOR]

Tyler noted that there was a story somewhere behind that last exchange and that it would have been smart to get a background check on Siobahn Smythe before. Smart, but not appropriate.

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I feel like you are used to encountering superhumans and such, is that right? Some of them have two different lives. In Canada, we even had a few with more"[/BCOLOR]

"I feel like you are used to encountering superhumans and such, is that right? Some of them have two different lives. In Canada, we even had a few with more"
"Lord Technologies has dealt with the DEO before. Supergirl, and even been invaded by other aliens from the same planet. As in, they tried to take the building. You can't open up the paper nowadays without seeing some headline or another. That Squirrel woman, the Silver guy whatever his name is. It's a fact of life here. Some of us have abilities, some don't." She played it off but her expression wavered some during the response.

@Kingof192

An Interview with Cat Grant
collab post from @Michale CS @Nomad-22 and @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Sergeant Major Wayne Sneeden had fought in numerous combat operations, suffered mutilple wounds, and nearly died a few dozen times in his military service. He would go through all of that again, if it meant avoiding the present duty he was about to commit. A personal interview with the media powerhouse of the west coast Cat Grant.

Beachhead just hated the sound of it, he was a friggin GI JOE, not a lousy celebrity. Yet here he was dressed in his dark green dress uniform, red beret, and unmasked alone inside an elevator heading closer and closer to the destination. No matter how much Beach wanted to drop this crap, he had to deal with it, being the GI JOE liaison to National City. That meant juggling with the goal of rooting out Cobra elements inside the city along handling a PR campaign.

Another reminder that this was a punishment assignment in every sense. Still he was a ranger and an Joe, that meant adapt and fight through this mess...somehow. He took a deep breath and released it."Damn, I feel like ten years old again, going for a check-up with the dentist."

The army ranger remarked to himself when the elevator stopped and it's door opened. He walked out, as the busy workplace of the media staff went on without interruption, despite his arrival. That was actually a comfort to Beach, he hated dressing up in public, wasn't his style. He walked his way through with military stride, until he stopped and reached Cat Grant's office.

"Come in." She actually stood. Cat Grant would do a lot of things, but being disrespectful to the military wasn't among them.

"Please, take a seat. Now... I want you to know that I am, have been, and always will be the staunchest supporter of the armed forces and the job they do for this country."

Once he came in, she'd take a seat. "Don't think for a moment though that will make me soft on the questions I ask you. They will be harsh, and I am not known for my ability to soften my words in the name of political correctness or trigger warnings or microagressions - so many excuses for being weak, in my opinion. But you... you're not weak. You're a soldier, with a long and... decorated record. So I think you can handle what I'll ask. Do we have an understanding?"

Kara needed a break or more like something to keep her mind off that little meetup. Maybe by some mystical means, or more likely just a force of habit, she found herself walking through the halls of work, automatically making her way to her desk. People were still here, bustling about and working past their time. Not something new since a lot of people were rushing to meet their deadlines.
She glanced at Cat's office to the woman herself welcoming a man wearing a dark green suit and beret. Military judging by how decorated his suit was.The weirdest thing was Cat had personally stood up to greet him. Kara had never seen Cat Grant do that in the entire time she was working here! She wondered if that 'mystical means' was an actual thing.
Kara raised her eyebrows, curious as to why a military personnel would be here. She slipped into her seat, pretending to work while listening in on their conversation with her super hearing.
Needless to say Beachhead was surprised at the courtesy being given but he kept his demeanor professional, while nodding in gratitude. After sitting down he listen to Cat Grant's explanation of how this interview will be. Go figures, he thought, never expecting this to be a easy task..

If I wanted the easy way I would've never joined the military in the first place. Beach reminded himself. So Miss Grant had a point, he can take it. Hopefully he can answer enough of these upcoming questions without comprising classified information.

"Fair enough Miss Grant. What is your first question?" Wayne Sneeden replied calmly, with his southern drawl evident.

"Were you personally present when the fighting between the GI Joes engaged - that's the right word isn't it? - engaged the terrorists?" Cat opened with, leaning forward with interest, feigned or not.

"Yes I was there as a matter of fact." Beachhead answered carefully.
Kara raised an eyebrow; So he was one of the soldiers who were involved in that terrorist incident. That explains why he was here then.
"But according to the police reports, you were not seen engaging the mercenary known as Crossbones until a full twenty minutes had passed since the first shots were fired. Is where you were for that twenty minutes classified Sergeant Major?" Cat turned her monitor around showing the recorded news footage from the evening where a police car had gotten riddled with shotgun shells before Beach was able to engage Crossbones.

7031887_G.jpg

Beach watched the footage and then answered without missing a beat. It is best to not show hesitation he thought. "I was at a different location when the incident started. Upon receiving word of the shooting, I got there as soon able."

"So, you weren't there when the first shots were fired, but you did authorize your team to engage? I'm just trying to find the facts here." Cat tapped her pen on the pad in front of her a few times to emphasize.
Crossbones? Who is Crossbones? Kara quickly peeked through the window wall of Cat's office to see a picture of what looked like a man wearing full body armor complete wth a full-faced metallic hockey mask. Pretending to follow up the motion with rolling her head side to side, she rested her cheek on the palm of her hand.
"The hostiles fired first and pinned down some of our squad mates. We had to save them." The sergeant major meant every word of it.

"So you're telling me there was no way to have delayed the engagement until either a proper evacuation could have been effected or until they were in an area with less possibility of civilian casualties?" She wasn't even looking at Wayne for this question, she was looking at the notepad she was writing in - in shorthand. Something she picked up years a go as a gossip columnist for the Planet.

This is why Beach hated interviews like this one. "It was greatly unfortunate Miss Grant it that happen, believe me I wished we could've avoided it. We hoped to draw the terrorists away from the city. Yet the ambush of the team tracking them forced our hand. We lost eight operatives during the fighting, half of them from the trapped team, all were good people... GI JOE by extension of SHIELD will do our upmost best to avoid or contain similar incidents in the future. Innocent lives matter to us."

Sneeden paused a moment then continued. "Now let me ask you a question, ma'am. You think terrorists like those of Cobra will be as...considerate of avoiding a fight in an major population center, given their track record?"

Cat just smirked. "You're a smart man. Smarter than I had you pegged for when they announced you as their PR person on this. Nice redirect. Trust me, I'm not Jameson. I'm not out to paint GI Joe in a bad light. Just reveal the truth. We both know the answer to your question, sir so I'm just going to leave that unspoken as I don't serve up the pablum that the extremists on either side of the political spectrum want me to."

"Now... off to something of...personal interest to me. Reports were that you had aid from a costumed woman that evening, and that she singlehandedly captured Bullseye, a mercenary that Cobra allegedly hired to support their attack. What do you know of this woman?" The executive redirected, leaning forward and steepling her hands.

You and me both. Beach thought when Cat Grant commented about his PR position. The Media Queen was quite perceptive to know the likely answer to her own question. Yet she was gracious to leave it be, Wayne counted his blessings for it.
Then the next question was directed toward a subject he was more comfortable with. Beachhead gladly answered. "It was the super heroine called Squirrel Girl. Yes she was the one who took down Bullseye, along with her furry friends, believe it or not."

"Squirrel Girl." Cat had the flattest tone imaginable with those two words. She looked incredulous, then tapped it into an internet search. "Well. That's... different."

Beachhead knew that it sounded funny saying that but he didn't care. Then with a smile he added."According to the reports I read, the assassin has developed an extreme case of phobia for squirrels since then." It gave the sergeant major great pleasure to mention that last bit. Bullseye more than deserved to have his humiliation known.

At the mention of a costumed woman also on the scene, Kara immediately thought of Heron, but then the sergeant major identified the woman as someone by the name of Squirrel Girl. Kara wrinkled her nose; Squirrel Girl? What kind of name is that? And . . . furry friends? Phobia for squirrels? What the heck?! If one were to look at Kara, they would be able to see weird contortions on her face as she wrote on the paper in front of her.

"I normally would say I don't even want to know, but, this girl, with a tail and an ability to control squirrels, took out an infamous assassin?" She snorted then continued. "Finally, a use for those rodents. My last question is... when can you get me an interview with this... Squirrel Girl?"

Beachhead considered that last question before answering."That would depend on whether she wants to or not. I'll see what I can do and will message you back about it." Inwardly, Wayne Sneeden wondered if Doreen and Cat Grant would actually be prepared for such an encounter with one another.

Then an idea occurred to him, which cause him to add. "In exchange for this favor would your office be willing to contact Supergirl? If so let her know that I would like to speak with her, regarding National City's safety."

Same, Cat, same, Kara thought. She was curious as to who Squirrel Girl really is and if she could actually control squirrels, as freaky as it sounded.
The sergeant then made his own request: to meet Supergirl. Kara's knee banged against her desk, sending it about a foot in the air before landing with a loud boom. "Sorry, sorry!" she repeated, fidgeting with her stuff and trying to reorganize everything. "Legs are falling asleep here, so, uh, just thought I'd knock 'em awake!" Kara said, trying to laugh it off and get everyone near her to stop staring.

"You must have followed that interview I had with her." Cat tapped her pen on the desk a few times, as if debating, then was distracted by the noise. "Kira! Careful with the furniture. I doubt you'd like to pay for yet another broken desk."

Surprised, Wayne turned and noticed the secretary, who seemed to be quite nervous. While still confused, the sergeant shrugged it off just some weird accident. He instead focused on Grant's respond and nodded in acknowledgment.

Cat sighed and muttered, "I swear that girl is one of the most accident prone women on the planet." Before recovering her composure and responding to Sneeden.

"Deal. Once you get me the Squirrel Girl interview and not a moment before. I'm not a messenger girl. I have people for that. Have a pleasant day, Sergeant Major."

"You as well Miss Grant." He answered before getting up and leaving the office.

"One of us has to.." Cat added quietly after Wayne had left.

Just as he was about to head out, Beachhead turned toward Kara's direction with brown sympathetic eyes and nodded again. This time with an expression that would basically tell the young woman just hang in there, with that he made for the exit. He can take a very good guess that isn't easy to work for a boss like Cat Grant. Though she didn't turned as bad he thought and proved to be a respectful host. Now it was time to get back to the other half of his job.
The sergeant and Cat decided then to conclude the interview. He left her office, giving Kara a sympathetic look as he passed by her desk.
"Have a good day, sir," she said politely, putting on her best smile.
Once he was gone, Kara bit her lip. In probably a matter of days, Supergirl would meet with the sergeant who stopped a terrorist attack in National City. Thinking about it, she should expect these things would pop up. He's a hero, she's a hero. Heroes get together to talk and do hero stuff. That's basically how the Avengers and the Justice League were formed. Plus she's met with military figures before so it's not like this would be the first time she's in their presence.
Maybe meeting the sergeant wouldn't be too bad.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi @Nomad-22

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad-22
Winn had been doing some of his work when he heard a loud thud. It seemed that Kara had nearly kicked her desk through the ceiling. What had caused her to do such a thing? He arched an eyebrow and looked at her. " Kara, are you okay? You just kind of did that thing you do when you get too excited or nervous or both of those things. Wait, where you using- that thing?" He asked, rather vaguely.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi

"Lord Technologies has dealt with the DEO before. Supergirl, and even been invaded by other aliens from the same planet. As in, they tried to take the building. You can't open up the paper nowadays without seeing some headline or another. That Squirrel woman, the Silver guy whatever his name is. It's a fact of life here. Some of us have abilities, some don't." She played it off but her expression wavered some during the response.

Noticing wavering as a hypnotist would, Tyler Fenwick tapped his fingers on the table once.

[BCOLOR=#000000]"So that's it. The reason you are fully focused after a terrorist attack very nearby and totally unconcerned with news of flying rhinos and can sit here now and relax even knowing there is a chance that someone here has such abilities is that you've already fully confronted it and then survived and adapted....do you know what that means you are?"[/BCOLOR] Tyler paused for a minute.

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Just like me. Except in my case, it's kind of my fault. I have money and make public appearances as such. While not on the same level or exactly in the same business, I'm Canada's version of the Lords and Waynes and such. I inherited engagement with the metahuman population along with my money...but for you there's a very important difference[/BCOLOR]."

He leaned in closer across the table, partly in his full interest, and partly as if to reason or plead with someone[BCOLOR=#000000]. "Siobahn Smythe, why do you stay here? You've clearly got what it takes to make it in the world, why not give up this life of excess danger and live your days in peace."[/BCOLOR]

Tyler backed away and smiled at her thoughtfully "[BCOLOR=#000000] Is it because you seek excitement?"[/BCOLOR]

He leaned in closer across the table, partly in his full interest, and partly as if to reason or plead with someone[BCOLOR=#000000]. "Siobahn Smythe, why do you stay here? You've clearly got what it takes to make it in the world, why not give up this life of excess danger and live your days in peace."[/BCOLOR]

Tyler backed away and smiled at her thoughtfully "[BCOLOR=#000000] Is it because you seek excitement?"[/BCOLOR]
"It... it's because I have to. I either keep this job with Maxwell Lord, or... or I'm somewhere I don't want to be. Someone I don't want to be. Ever again." She said, and this time there was no wavering. No, the pauses were to consider the right words.

"See, here's where you come in and offer to save me from my plight. But it's not that easy. I owe... a lot to Max, and not money. Money is easy. This is something a bit more significant. And no amount of money will ever erase that debt." Smythe forced a smile then, and went back to her meal.

@Kingof192

"You're involved with the metahuman community," said Alex. She wondered if perhaps this girl might actually be a meta herself. Logical and would explain a lot given what she currently knows, but Alex wanted to do a little more investigation before any final conclusions. She's most likely a student at NCU, so that's a start.

Miss Brown started pacing, rambling in a narrative style monologue and mentioning something about her being in a rather nasty brawl. Alex frowned, looking at the older man as if asking for an explanation for this behavior. Then Brown covered her eyes as if to hide her tears.

The man then took her hand to try to calm her down. Suddenly, she too was feeling calm, relaxed even. It was ironic since to a trained agent, something like this happening out of the blue should be alarming, but Alex just couldn't bring herself to feel that way. A gas? Was there some chemical in the air doing this? Alex didn't feel like she was going to black out; someone walked passed them and didn't even react. Alex fidgeted with her watch, pretending to adjust the time when in reality preparing in case she needed to call back up. She'll stick around for everyone's safety.

"Look, Stephanie. I might be able to help you out. Kara's stubborn, but she can be reasoned with. I just need your full cooperation to settle this . . . misunderstanding."

@Michale CS @Gands

Kara nodded at Winn, already knowing he was referring to her super hearing. She put a finger on her lips, telling him to drop the subject before anyone started asking what they were talking about. She looked back at her desk to ward off any suspicion, hoping Winn would follow suit.

"Oh! That reminds me—"she pulled out a medium sized container and set it on Winn's desk. "Here are your pot stickers. Careful, it's freshly cooked so they're still hot. We can eat them later at my place, or the Hideout–"she lowered her voice, referring to the shoddy closet in the building they managed to snag and use as their base of operations. "I'll also tell you all that happened throughout today. Your call."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Norrin Radd - Silver Surfer

He looks at Alex for a moment his head tilted.

He can tell that tis young woman is concerned. He remembered meeting her at a DEO party.

"Alex, you have nothing to fear from me. Director Henshaw and I now have an excellent working relationship, along with former director Fury and Current Director Coulson. I can get you letters of recommendation from all of the current roster of Avengers and the Fantastic Four, or Dr. Strange if you prefer."

"Please, let us not make this more difficult. Whatever problems this Kara woman has, as you say, can be solved with a bit of effort. Miss Brown is in her heart, a very good person."

He pulls out a business card. Before their eyes it transmutes into solid silver.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi @Michale CS

"Look, Stephanie. I might be able to help you out. Kara's stubborn, but she can be reasoned with. I just need your full cooperation to settle this . . . misunderstanding."
"Sure. Whatever it takes. It just seems like... whenever I make a stride forward in my life something just knocks me back ten steps. All I've done all my life is focus on helping everyone else. Okay, so maybe I had a couple flashes of selfishness but they were so rare that I can't even think of an example right now. And now... a stupid joke gets me in that much potential trouble? It's like the universe teases me and- you know. Screw it. You don't want to know my problems. No one does." She moved over and flopped down in a chair, arms crossed.

@Gands @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

"Sure. Whatever it takes. It just seems like . . . whenever I make a stride forward in my life something just knocks me back ten steps. All I've done all my life is focus on helping everyone else. Okay, so maybe I had a couple flashes of selfishness but they were so rare that I can't even think of an example right now. And now . . . a stupid joke gets me in that much potential trouble? It's like the universe teases me and—you know. Screw it. You don't want to know my problems. No one does."

"Alright, I won't press any further. But do know it is okay to talk to someone about these things." A small smile formed on Alex's lips. "You know, I think you and Kara are actually pretty similar. And I don't mean it's because you two are both blondes." She gently squeezed Stephanie's shoulder, like how she would do to Kara when they were younger. "We can fix this, I promise you that."

"Alex, you have nothing to fear from me. Director Henshaw and I now have an excellent working relationship, along with former director Fury and Current Director Coulson. I can get you letters of recommendation from all of the current roster of Avengers and the Fantastic Four, or Dr. Strange if you prefer."

Alex narrowed her eyes at the older man.

"Okay, who the hell are you and how do you know Henshaw, Fury, and all those other people?" Screw formalities, especially since this university professor standing in front of her had an 'excellent working relationship' with her boss. She has never seen this man step foot in any of the DEO facilities ever.

The man then pulled out a business card and she watched as the card turned pure silver.

"You're the Silver Surfer."

Now it all makes sense. She remembered seeing the alien at a gala hosted by the DEO for some of Earth's extraterrestrial allies. J'onn had told her at the time the alien was very powerful and Earth was fortunate he was on their side.

"My apologies, sir." She tapped her watch once, deactivating the pre-installed panic button.

@Michale CS @Gands

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Michale CS
"Alright, I won't press any further. But do know it is okay to talk to someone about these things." A small smile formed on Alex's lips. "You know, I think you and Kara are actually pretty similar. And I don't mean it's because you two are both blondes." She gently squeezed Stephanie's shoulder, like how she would do to Kara when they were younger. "We can fix this, I promise you that."

"Similar? Yeah maybe. Except when I get pissed I go home and beat the crap out of my boxing dummy, not threaten people I just met and leave Jurassic footprints in the floor."
I shake my head.

"I knew the moment I left my apartment that I was being tailed. Great memory, and I know where I would park if I were casing my place. I normally leave a trash can there. An average person will be too lazy to get out of their car and move it." I look up at Alex then.

"But anyone needing just the right spot for a stake out will. And your average agent won't suspect that their mark would be paranoid enough to leave something right there."
I shrug and sigh.

"I figured I'd impress Kara with my competence... Not cause... Well, kind of a tantrum. She's lead a sheltered life, hasn't she, until recently? People don't flip out like that once they realize what the world is like. Cause that is one way we are totally different. Check my file."

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi @Gands

Norrin Radd -. Silver Surfer

He smiled at Alex.

" That's quite alright Miss Alex, no offense taken. I have become used to the government mindset. With all of the things you have to deal with, a bit of defensive thinking is healthy. "

"If you need me, ( he hands her another business card )) call me any time.

@Michale CS @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Winn wondered what she had heard, but he wasn't about to press her for answers,it would be too suspicious. He knew better and dropped the subject before somone else walked in. He hoped that they could have this conversation soon though. He wondered what made her desk go so high up in the air,besides her powers.

Winn looked at her and then stared at the pot stickers. He could see that they looked delicious and he wanted to eat them now, but also wanted to know more. " I think that I can wait to eat the pot stickers. I also am really curious about the thing that caused your desk to fly in the air and will wait until then. Though, I do have one question. Why did you storm in here earlier? You seemed angry about something."

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Mon-El stared at the walls in his DEO cell. He wanted to get out, but they had deemed him as a danger and he wasn't allowed out and he had already trained for today. What had happened to Supergirl and her promise? He wondered if the Kryptonite had been playing him the whole time.

Lucifer Morningstar was known for being in the strangest places at the strangest times. He happened to sense a strong desire to be free and for some reason, he couldn't find it. How fascinating. Helping out whoever had that desire would be interesting. He had to figure out where that desire was coming from first though.

@Michale CS #BreakingoutpoorMon-el Lucifer style

Last edited:
  • Thank You
"It... it's because I have to. I either keep this job with Maxwell Lord, or... or I'm somewhere I don't want to be. Someone I don't want to be. Ever again." She said, and this time there was no wavering. No, the pauses were to consider the right words.

"See, here's where you come in and offer to save me from my plight. But it's not that easy. I owe... a lot to Max, and not money. Money is easy. This is something a bit more significant. And no amount of money will ever erase that debt." Smythe forced a smile then, and went back to her meal.

There were times when words meant a lot, and this time after a lot of patience he was finally getting everything all at once. There was a little wiggle room in it, but what this meant about Smythe and Lord and the metahuman community he had come to learn about was all starting to take shape.

Going further into this might reveal the need for the Red Panda, but tonight he is Tyler Fenwick and far away from the Panda's natural habitat. Tyler needed to show a different set of concerns.

He put on a shocked expression, this being in reality ridiculous given how many Red Panda adventures began with Fenwicks eating dinner, but also a well-practiced one. [BCOLOR=#000000] "Whatever is behind all that, it sounds very bad for business tomorrow. Fun times."[/BCOLOR]

• Thank You
He put on a shocked expression, this being in reality ridiculous given how many Red Panda adventures began with Fenwicks eating dinner, but also a well-practiced one. [BCOLOR=#000000] "Whatever is behind all that, it sounds very bad for business tomorrow. Fun times."[/BCOLOR]
"Trust me, Maxwell Lord only has me on a short leash. This doesn't apply to your meeting with him. He has very... set viewpoints, and ones he will staunchly defend and stand by." Siobahn assured, shrugging and going back to dinner once more.

@Kingof192

A long time ago, and yet not as distant as it could have been...

Security Recording: 12a-B said:
"Open the doors. I'm allowed to be here." a nicely dressed Englishman said.
"You're allowed to be here." the guard parroted.
He went from room to room in the facility, when he finally came across the one thing he wanted. A large hangar of sorts, with a large cylinder in the middle of the room with... what looked like a red 18-wheeler truck inside of an eerie blue energy field.
"You've just been given orders to free the alien prisoner. Set its stasis to expire in one hour." Kilgrave ordered.
"One hour. It is set." The tech did as was told while the other one started to reach for an alarm.
"That button is too hot to touch. In fact you burned yourself badly." He snapped, and the woman screeched, holding her hand to her torso.
"In one minute you will find your hand is healed and that this gentleman is a COBRA agent. You will have a bout of heroism and kill him with this gun." Kilgrave handed a standard issue COBRA blaster pistol to the woman. When the man became alarmed he added a command to him.
"You're really depressed and will be happy for her to kill you. Sit here and wait for it to happen. Play some solitaire on the computer." He ordered and the man settled down and solemnly started up a game.
He turned to the woman again. "Once you've killed him, scrub all of the data on every machine in here before leaving, and explain the man was planting a virus and you had to in order to stop it. Also... both of you. I was never here."
"You were never here."
"There's some good folks." He gave an appreciative look over the vehicle trapped in stasis. "If I had any sort of reasonable assurance my power would work on you, I'd stick around. Be it as it is, I don't so... I trust your wrath will keep Lord busy while I send him my request to cease and desist with a particular formula of his..."
He turned, and, whistling walked out past the guards, whom he told to fall asleep and forget the past two hours, dropping a few hints that would effectively frame a particular known COBRA affiliate.
"Doctor Mindbender. Huh. If I were to take an alternate name, I might just like that one. But me? A doctor? Who'd believe it?"

tumblr_o2hu8g6izh1qhrtuvo1_400.gif

Time and again, since his escape from that facility had he been reviewing the tapes. It was a welcome distraction at least from his prior trials, locked within the recesses of his own mind. To fight it and to ensure he wouldn't lose himself, he had indulged in the one thing guaranteed to keep him somewhat sane and focused, the one thing that mattered before the strange convergence.

The war on Cybertron, where it all began.

tumblr_o7jgy2yB5m1r239fno6_540.gif

Millions of years of conflict, culminating into an exodus from their dying planet. A war where brother fought brother, all the way up to the present era. But there was something wrong about the world now...Their allies among the humans were different. Some enemies had remained the same, where others had changed irrecoverably in ways he could not fathom just yet. Which was why, for two weeks straight after his escape the first thing he did was isolate himself, parking beneath a bridge while he examined at length, just what had happened to the world.

And now he knew.

At its core, nothing had changed. Heroes and villains, good men and bad. His comrades and his enemies were absent as of yet, but if he was here...How much further ahead, could they be? It was imperative that he'd find them soon at the very least. There were many evil men before, who had allied with his nemesis.

Should Megatron be around? He shuddered to think what he could accomplish with the likes of those here.

He had watched for long enough.

It was time to roll out. And with that, for the first time in weeks since crashing away from the facility, the truck rumbled to life as it drove off and away, heading for an entry on the highway before seeking out any unusual activity in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.