3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
d1e525c57b80e7b911a24988acc26a6d6ee6c6da2313aa46acfeecb680114598.jpeg

This, is National City. Home of CatCo Worldwide Media, Lord Technologies among other things.

National City is a bustling city that lies between Los Angeles and San Diego along the coast of California, and home to several million people.

Of course, strange things seem to happen here on the regular. Strangely, the city seems to take all of this in stride, maybe partially do to the masterful spins that CatCo seems to put on nearly every unusual event.

It also boasts a large university National City University, touted for its teaching and law programs.

[[ OOC - This will be the freeplay thread for those in the Epic Crossover clan who want to play in National CIty, if you want to play and aren't a member of the clan, please join! ]]​

Norrin Radd -. Silver Surfer

"There are larger almost existential forces in the universe Son of Krypton. It may be one of them that prevented the Mad Titans' move. Nonetheless, it should be investigated. Should we find the stone and negotiate it's recovery, what should be done with it ?

The Surfer as always, appeared calm and thoughtful. His senses still monitoring the flow of time for damage.

"What of your cousin in California ?

@Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
Norrin Radd -. Silver Surfer

"There are larger almost existential forces in the universe Son of Krypton. It may be one of them that prevented the Mad Titans' move. Nonetheless, it should be investigated. Should we find the stone and negotiate it's recovery, what should be done with it ?

The Surfer as always, appeared calm and thoughtful. His senses still monitoring the flow of time for damage.

"What of your cousin in California ?

@Michale CS
"I need Kara on Earth. She's stronger than she thinks, and if any of my hunches are right about this situation, Earth is going to need defending as well." The Surfer, though, would catch the undertone that he didn't speak - he was protective of his cousin.

[[ OOC - I will post a thread on Monday January 16th that will be the official thread for Schrodinger's Universe. Assume anyone who signed up for the event was picked by Norrin Radd to go on the mission and agreed to do so after being briefed. ]]

Reactions: Raven
Headquarters D.E.O.

ae54406dd0d9bf83bc9df91cc8abce94.jpg

" I understand your misgivings director, however I have permission from the President and the director of Shield. In essence, I have gone over your head in this issue. This is Agent Psyhawk, she will be providing our data today."

There is a group of four people,

dba14b64edc50dc86712a16549d4d34c.jpg

This man is recognized as Director D.E.O.

c9baac658e71ce9f809f493d50b133a6.jpg

This woman isn't particularly recognized.

928186f83dc77779db8f93a3791a889e.jpg

It seems unlikely Mon El would recognize him.

03f01fca9772ede20561bd1b5377cd41.jpg

And this man, also unlikely.

There were five of them outside of his cell.

They talked amongst each other, Director D.E.O. mostly arguing with the blue furred man. He seems to marginally in charge of the other three. They set up some testing equipment, ran only by the blue furred man. You think you catch the name Beast. Mon-EL undergoes significant scientific testing. This takes a few hours and the blue furred man seems very pleased.

Then they start to question you. Simple questions about Honor, Loyalty, the value of life, teammates. The woman seems to be very intense during this part. One of the Bald men asks the questions, the one in the dark clothes and dark skin. This takes quite some time as well **( pardon the lack of detail here ) ** Mon-El might catch the nature of the questions. If his intentions are less than good, it seems likely that they believe the woman will figure that out. You catch a code name, Psyhawk.

After several hours they leave, people come and take the scientific machinery apart.

One man comes back * first picture * He then changes shape, into a man covered in some sort of silver glaze ? .

"I am called Norrin Radd, otherwise known as the Silver Surfer. I have been authorized by the President to grant you a pardon. It is conditional. Are you interested Mon El ?"

e291983e274e8366e955512dc99da1ab.jpg

@LuckycoolHawk9

Mon-El's Prison Cell.

Mon-El had no clue what was going on outside of his cell. Actually, he wasn't even sure why he was in a cell. Kara had promised- she had promised that she would take care of him. Where was she? What she was doing? Did she not care about him?

He could see four people outside his cell.

There was the director of the DEO that Kara trusted.

He didn't know who the woman was at all.

Who was the man with the eyepatch? Who were any of these people besides the Director?

Was that blue man an alien? He was certainly not human.

Why were there five people outside of his cell?

Mon-El really hated being into the cage and wondered what the director was arguing about. He looked at the ground and wondered if they were just going to ask him any questions of him or it would be something else. Beast... why was this beast doing experiments on him? He didn't understand why they didn't just use the DEO records for this information too.

Mon-El didn't exactly know how to be the best team player. But he did understand the values of honor, loyalty and the value of life and teammates. He knew how to answer all of these questions since he was asked the same questions before by his parents. Training in case he ever was sent away for anything. He understood that they wanted to know what his view on all of this one. He was honest about everything. What did he have to hide? His planet was dead- he didn't know if his father or mother, the king or queen were alive, he had no purpose right now.

Mon-El watch them take apart the machinery and wasn't sure what it all meant to him.

He was surprised when the first man turned to someone who was silver. What was going on here and why was it happening?

"I am called Norrin Radd, otherwise known as the Silver Surfer. I have been authorized by the President to grant you a pardon. It is conditional. Are you interested Mon El ?"

" President? What's a president? I am interested in this if it lets me out of the cage. I really don't want to remain in there. Would a pardon mean I am excused of my past accidents?"

@Gands

Silver Surfer DEO headquarters National City.

" This human world is fractured politically. The one where we are is one of the most powerful and advanced. The President is what they call their political leader. "

"A pardon, is a legal document that basically forgives any punishment. Kara, her cousin and I have struggled to make this happen for you."

"The primary conditions are this. That you work to be a citizen of this world and this nation, and to defend the people here."

"The people have been ... mistaken about people from other species and worlds before. They have a tendency towards xenophobia. So I was bid to duplicate this testing previously done to you by D.E.O. The man in the blue fur and the man in the eyepatch both work for the president. "

"Do you have any questions?."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Mon-El: DEO headquarters National City, in a cell.

Fractured politically? Didn't these humans all live on the same planet and share it. Why were the worlds separated and not ruled by one person. " Ah, like their version of a king."

He had thought that Kara had forgotten about him but it seemed that she did indeed remember. She cared enough to let him it. It seemed he was saying yes.

" So, essentially, I need to be a hero and protect people like Kara does. To make sure that no one hurts this world," he said, asking mostly for confirmation.

Mon-El wondered if he was going to need a human name like Supergirl. What was he going to be called? He seemed to be half-listening to the silver man about repeating the testing of the DEO and that the blue fur man ( that was a man?) worked for the president. He paused when he asked if he had questions.

" Just one. Am I going to need some sort of human name to blend in or anything?"

@Gands

Norrin Radd Silver Surfer

"Yes, indeed like a king but functionally a bit less powerful. This place is within his nation and he has a lot of political power nonetheless."

"Yes, that is the primary condition of your release, to protect this world and it's citizens from harm."

" In your case, yes, I would use both a human sounding name and a hero code name. This will help keep your enemies from ambushing you and hurting any humans you befriend.

" Are the terms I've given you acceptable ?

@LuckycoolHawk9

Mon-El's Prison Cell

" Ahh, so like a less powerful king. I guess this is going to be one of those things that I am going to have to figure out over time too," he said to him.

" Will I be working with anyone or will it be more of a hero on call? I have done this in the past, being a prince's guard."

He wasn't about to admit that he himself was the Prince of his planet. " May I make request? Could Kara's friend Winn make my suit for me? Also, do you have any suggestions for human names?

Mon-El nodded in agreement to the conditions given.

@Gands

Norrin Radd Silver Surfer DEO headquarters

"There is bureaucratic paperwork to complete. The people of earth seem to be strong believers in bureaucracy. The man with the eyepatch can help with that. He was once a spymaster ? I find him very clever on the subject of his fellow humans. "

" You have developed a friendship then? That's good. I don't believe anyone will mind what your suit looks like. "

Surfer is as good as his word, arranging for the cell to open. He takes Mon-El over to an office where identity paperwork is being prepared along with other paperwork regarding his release. At this point it is the eye patched man who does the talking and asks the questions. He is introduced as Nick Fury.

( Fury ) " I would suggest you take some time to learn about our world. Surfer and Psyhawk here will take some time to help reacquaint you with our society and culture. "

@LuckycoolHawk9

Bureaucratic paperwork. The one thing that Mon-El of Daxam hated more than anything else. Despite being the prince, his father made him pour over those documents and read them all. He wanted him to be well-versed in all forms of documents for the future,

" I believe that Kara referred to it as a bromance once. I have no clue what she meant by that though," he said to him.

Mon-El was happy when his cell was opened for him. He followed him, knowing that if he tried to escaped he would be thrown back into the cell and he didn't want that. It seemed that the man in the eyepatch was indeed named Nick Fury and he was talking and asking him more questions. He was used to it.

" I imagine that I would need to learn this world if I need to protect it. I do hope that the surfer and Psyhawk could help me with everything that is going to happen here," he said to him.

@Gands

Silver Surfer and Eden Haller Psyhawk. National City, DEO Headquarters.

( Surfer ) "I do believe we can work this out. When this project is done, I will probably be moving my home back to New York city. But for a month or so, I will be on hand to help acclimatize Mon El to this area. "

Psyhawk steps forward now and offers a hand to Mon-El.
(Psyhawk ) My given name is Eden, They've asked me to help out. My hero name is Psyhawk ( small smile ). It's a pleasure to meet you. "

With that, Fury gets up and hands Director DEO a folder of completed paperwork and hands Mon-el another folder of identity paperwork.

" ( Fury ) I am done here for now people. Mon-El, I do suggest you check in with the Director here every month or so . Come on Hank, lets head back to D.C. Eden, I expect your progress reports to continue. Your work in New York was excellent. I will be in contact. Surfer, always a pleasure. "

With that Fury leaves with the beast.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Mon-El had no clue what New York City was, but he was indeed curious what had caused it to be new and what happened to old York City. He was happy that someone would help him in navigating Earth for now.

Mon-El takes the hand of Psyhawk when he was offered it.

" Hello, I am Mon-El of Daxam, human name still pending as I do not know what is common on your world enough. It is my pleasure to meet you."

When Fury passed Mon-El the files, he placed in his hand. There was certainly a lot of paperwork that he would have to do for such a place.

" I believe that is only fair enough for me to check in with him. It also gives me a chance to see Kara and Winn," he said, looking over at the others and he wondered if the Director knew who he truly was or he didn't. He wasn't sure what would make it possible for them to stay in contact with each other.

Mon-El watched them leave the place.

@Gands

Eden Haller Psyhawk

"They told me that they have placed a name, something suggested by a woman you know ? ( She hands Mon-El a sealed medium sized envelope ) on your identity paperwork. "

Eden gives him some time to peruse the letter before going on.

"Lets hope I don't get lost trying to find our way out of this dungeon ( she smiles ) . Do you have personal effects ? "

@LuckycoolHawk9

Mon-El of Daxam

" A woman that I know, I only know one woman. Well two. Kara and Alex," he said, taking the medium sized envelope and opening it open to see what was in it now. He was curious.

He looked over the letter and read it to see what was said in it.

" No, it is just myself and the clothes I am wearing. I didn't have time to get anything else while I was on Earth," he replied.

@Gands

Eden Haller - Psyhawk

" Well then, first thing we do, go shopping." ( she smiles at him, looking his outfit over for purposes of seeing if it will pass for normal. )

( as they walk ) "So, what did you do, when you were at home, and how is it you ended up here ? "

She walks with some grace, as perhaps she has had some training. She is wearing black and red armor with several obvious pockets and a couple of weapons.

@LuckycoolHawk9

" I imagine that human like clothing is important," he said, as he looked over at her. His out-fit was mostly sort of normal. It was more work out clothes than casual.

" I was the Prince... guard. When the planet was getting destroyed, the prince pushed me into the pod and then I wound up here," he said, though there seemed to be an awkward pause between prince and guard, almost as if it was a lie.

He followed behind her, looking around to make sure that everything was going to be okay. He wasn't sure why, but normal clothing was certainly a weird thing to point out.

@Gands

Eden Haller Psyhawk

She walks with him, until they manage to emerge from the underground maze that is headquarters DEO. She leads him over to a rental car.

" You should know, my own powers are based on mental abilities. You shouldn't lie to me. Now, that being said, if you'd rather not say, I'm okay with that. "

As they get into the car and head to a shopping center.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Mon-El of Daxam/ Lucifer Morningstar

Mon-El followed her throughout the area that was known as the DEO. It seemed that she had led him to one of those strange things he had seen before.

" But I am telling the truth... I was pushed into the pod by the prince and sent here. It was to save my life," he said, as he looked at her. He bit down on his lower lip.

Lucifer looked around the shopping center, checking at suits.

@Gands

Eden Haller Psyhawk

She brings him to the National City Mall. She largely stays quiet after his continued insistence of a truthful story.

" I have a certain amount of money to work with. Do you have a skill to use for your human identity? Some sort of job you can do ? "

She picks out a pair of eyeglass frames for him.

"what do you think ?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Mon-El of Daxam/ Lucifer Morningstar

Mon-El was quiet throughout the strange ride he had to the mall. He wasn't sure if she believed him. He hoped she did.

" I am strong and I can make drinks. I don't know if either of those skills are useful," he said, looking over at her for a brief moment.

He looked at the eyeglasses and was slightly confused.

" Why do I need these?"

Elsewhere, Lucifer browsed through suits. He needed to find a good one. Hopefully he would find someone interesting.

@Gands

Status
Not open for further replies.