3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
d1e525c57b80e7b911a24988acc26a6d6ee6c6da2313aa46acfeecb680114598.jpeg

This, is National City. Home of CatCo Worldwide Media, Lord Technologies among other things.

National City is a bustling city that lies between Los Angeles and San Diego along the coast of California, and home to several million people.

Of course, strange things seem to happen here on the regular. Strangely, the city seems to take all of this in stride, maybe partially do to the masterful spins that CatCo seems to put on nearly every unusual event.

It also boasts a large university National City University, touted for its teaching and law programs.

[[ OOC - This will be the freeplay thread for those in the Epic Crossover clan who want to play in National CIty, if you want to play and aren't a member of the clan, please join! ]]​

"I can handle the gunmen, you and Squirrel Girl take care of our new friend down on the street. Just get me close enough to the windows at their floor first, so I can make the jump."
Doreen made a series of chittering sounds and then... not long later, something was approaching.

latest

The Squirrel-a-gig!
She jumped in - yeah don't ask how a bunch of squirrels flew it - and went zooming off down toward Rhino, singing...

♪​ ♫​"Oh I want a hippopotamus for Christ-mas. Only a hippopotamus will doooo! Don't want a doll, No dinky tinker toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy"
♪​ ♫​

@Nomad-22 @Gands

OK, so she's like that all the time. Tyler thought as he envisioned things taking long enough in this slow-paced restaurant experience long enough either to slow her down a bit or to get the chatter going in a direction more to his liking.
"South African... so, they serve white rice and black beans, and you have to keep them on opposite sides of the plate? What, too soon?" She joked, standing and moving over to Tyler with a sly smile on her face. "I'm sure it will be lovely. Tyler."

@Kingof192

For the briefest of moments, a most ridiculous and comical look on Surfer's face as he watches Squirrel girl.

Something tells me, I'm going to have to rescue him from her aren't I . . . .

Keep your eyes open, to risk this much, there must be some tech prize or medical in their mind.

Hopefully I will return shortly.

@Michale CS @Nomad-22

Just when Beach thought Doreen couldn't get anymore crazy she pulls this stunt like a freaken magic trick. He joined the Surfer in staring comical shock at Squirrel Girl as she flew off in her chopper, singing a christmas song straight out of a Shirley Temple film. Beach now was strongly considering to get a stiff drink when he finally gets off duty.

"You're likely right. Bullseye I heard still having nightmares on account of her and the squirrels." Beach mentioned to Surfer. When his new alien ally mentioned that the gunmen could be after something important, Wayne agreed with him. There was only one way to find out, though, he reminded himself. Soon as Sliver Surfer, gotten them close to the center of the fifth floor's long series of windows, Beachhead took a deep breath and jumped forward, yelling.

"YO JOE!"

He broke through the glass, catching the armed men off guard. As soon his feet landed on solid floor, Beach aimed and fired a short burst, at one goon, in the head, killing him instantly and firing again at another in the right shoulder. The green masked rolled away to the left flank, using a metal pillar as cover, while the hostiles opened up with their guns.

Last edited:
"I... am NOT, a Hippopotamus!" He yelled and charged straight toward Squirrel Girl and the Squirrel-a-gig. Apparently she'd... trained the actual craft to fly in response to 'squirrel-ese' because after she'd gotten his attention, she leaped from the vehicle and it veered off and out of harm's way as she kept singing, while landing on his back. She wasn't even attacking him per se, but keeping him running in circles so he wouldn't cause damage or injury.

♫​ "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas! I don't think Santa Claus will mind do yooou? He won't have to use, A dirty chimney flue,
Just bring him through the front door, That's the easy thing to do!" ♫​

But, though this looked silly and goofy... she was herding Rhino right toward Surfer so he could do his thing. In fact Doreen caught Surfer's gaze and gave him a sly wink as she 'rode' the super-villain despite his attempts to dislodge her.

@Nomad-22 @Gands

The Surfer has recovered from his comic face. He heads towards the Infamous Rhino from behind at incredible speed.

He snatches the man beast up and turns towards the sky at about Mach three.

Up Up and Away Rhino

The pair head upwards to the edge of earth's atmosphere.

Do you think you'd survive the fall Rhino ?

@Michale CS @Nomad-22

The Surfer has recovered from his comic face. He heads towards the Infamous Rhino from behind at incredible speed.

He snatches the man beast up and turns towards the sky at about Mach three.
Doreen dove aside and did a cartwheel as she landed, giving Surfer a salute. "I should see if Beachy needs my help... hmm..." She looked around at the chaos on the streets.

"Uh, nothing to worry about here folks, just... Animal Control, heh, courtesy of Squirrel Girl and her Herald, the Silver Surfer!" Now Doreen didn't actually believe that for a moment, but it sounded pretty funny and it seemed to confuse the heck out of people.

That's good, cause confused people aren't panicky people, you see. "You might want to get indoors, it might start raining Rhinos kinda soon. But on that side of the street." She indicated the side opposite of where the thugs were holed up.

It... mostly worked. She looked up, trying to spot Rhino and Surfer. "Wow, it's like Team Rocket..."

@Nomad-22 @Gands

Meanwhile the firefight between Beachhead and the gunmen intensified. The ranger was forced to stay in cover by three thugs laying down suppressing fire at his position. Yet one of them in the back was occupied with unlocking a safe. He smiled in savage delight as the safe opened, revealing a gray metal case and proceeded to grab it.

Just as that happen, Beach brought out a flashbang from his belt, tossing it in front of his enemies. Then it burst into a bright light, blinding three gunners for a few seconds. The masked sergeant took full advantage of that time, as he fired controlled shots, at each center mass of his targets. They were dead before they hit the ground, but the survivor holding the case, rolled a grenade at Beach's position.

Acting on instinct, Beachead slide toward a desk, as the small bomb exploded. The goon ran for the exit, in an attempt to flee while there was still time. Beach however got up fired three bullets, hitting the runner in the legs, causing to cry out as he fell face first. Grinning undermeath his mask, Beach made his way for the collapsed enemy, but grunting in newfound pain. It came from his left side, bleeding from new scar made by the grenade earlier.

Need to patch it up soon.

Keeping his rifle aimed at the fallen man, Beachhead grabbed the briefcase and called in to his partners.

"Floor secured and we got a prisoner."

Beachhead then open up the case, revealing a small capsule of red liquid with a dark skull shaped warning sign on it.

Last edited:
Keeping his rifle aimed at the fallen man, Beachhead grabbed the briefcase and called in to his partners.

"Floor secured and we got a prisoner."
"Well, I am getting the civilians away from all that shooting, and Surfer is... uh... playing Aladdin to Rhino's Jasmine right now, I guess? They flew off and I can't see em right now. Guess you don't need any help in there." Doreen responded. Because of course, she'd given both Beach and Surfer a couple of her old Great Lakes Avengers communicators on their trip here. Otherwise there'd be no way they'd both be able to hear Beach's call.

@Nomad-22 @Gands

Last edited:
I am on my way, it may be a few minutes though as I am disposing of Rhino and I don't wish to kill him in the process.

Meanwhile, on your floor < nomad > You can hear a discussion in German, followed by a new spray of weapons fire. This time though, it's energy beams of some sort.

Eliminate him you fools! He is only one man!

@Michale CS @Nomad-22

In the distance Doreen can first hear another sonic blast as the surfer returned into the earth's atmosphere.

Then there was an explosion as Rhino's body hit the surface of the ocean some miles away.

Some minutes later, the Surfer is flying in with a sleepy Rhino.

We need to get up there miss !

@Michale CS @Nomad-22

"Maaaybe it is just me, but that doesn't sound secure to me! I'm on my way to you!" Doreen chirped back, then made a few chik-cik sounds. Squirrels just... showed up. She chattered some more and four of them paused in front of her. They were all wearing little bandanas around their eyes. Red, blue, orange, and yellow. "Okay, Renoit, you check out the first floor. see if there's anyone hiding there and let me know. Degas, you go up the fire escape to the top and see if there's anything on the roof we need to worry about. Goya, air ducts, give me numbers of bad dudes. Picasso, You're with me."

Squirrel Girl circled around to the back of the building, looking for bad guys anywhere on the outside before she went in a rear entrance, all the while humming and singing softly...

♫​"Teenage Friendly Ninja Squirrels, Teenage Friendly Ninja Squirrels, Heroes in a nutshell, Squirrel Power!"♫​

@Nomad-22 @Gands

(( for purposes of our story, the newer gunmen, came from downstairs,

Beach an see the one in the back more clearly now..

Red%2BSkull.jpg

Can you keep this one man... busy while I set up the device ? < spoken in English with great sarcasm >

@Michale CS @Nomad-22

Confused at German being spoken, Beachhead ran and ducked for safety behind one of the the cubicles with energy blasts being shot at him. He can hear a stern voice close by demanding his followers to finish him off. Still wounded, Beach pulled the pin of a frag grenade he had on hand and tossed up down toward the enemy's general direction and it exploded. Beachhead didn't know if he got any of them that time. Putting another clip into his M4, calling his teammates for assistance.

"New contacts. I repeat, new contacts. Don't have a visual, they're using some kind of enegry weapons. Need assistance now."

Then looking back he saw, the leader...Red Skull?! This was more than a simple robbery apparently, Beach realized. He fired a new burst, aiming for the Skull, to force him back.

The Surfer is flying up once again at break neck speed, .

The window behind Beach is melted away.

BEHOLD THE POWER COSMIC

There is an Explosion, which is matched by the Surfer's power, holding it off.

You Idiots!

@Michale CS @Nomad-22

Last edited by a moderator:
"New contacts. I repeat, new contacts. Don't have a visual, they're using some kind of energy weapons. Need assistance now."

Then looking back he saw, the leader...Red Skull?! This was more than a simple robbery apparently, Beach realized. He fired a new burst, aiming for the Skull, to force him back.
"On my way." Doreen said, she and Picasso bouncing up stairwells several steps at a time, even off of walls. "Hey, what is it with you and bone-themed bad guys? First that Crossbones dude now the Red Skull? I swear if Jack Skellington walks through that door next I'm out."

Doreen chk-ckh'ed again and Picasso, and a small horde of squirrels, swarmed whatever do-dad that the Skull was tinkering with, chewing wires and pulling connections wherever they could as Doreen pointed toward Red Skull triumphantly.

"I am the Anti-Life, I am the Slayer of all that Breathes, I am... Squirrel Girl!" Of course her entrance was kind of anticlimactic when Skull saw that while behind him was Squirrel Girl and in front of him was Silver Surfer. Buut, surrounded was surrounded, right?

@Nomad-22 @Gands

The new explosion knocked Beachhead from shelter. Gritting his teeth together, as pain spiked through the body, the sergeant forced himself back up, with the case at his feet.

With weapon at the ready, he aimed it Skull, from the flank opposite of Sliver Surfer and Squrriel Girl. They did had the hated Nazi surrounded.

I have decided that this, pointing his thumb at squirrel girl, is beneath my dignity.

There will be another time

The villain presses something on his belt and disappears, leaving his men to fend for themselves.

I knew the money was too good to be true > one says to the other >

One of them hands his gun to SG, secretly a fan, and the other throws his weapon in front of Beach.

@Nomad-22 @Michale CS

I have decided that this, pointing his thumb at squirrel girl, is beneath my dignity.

The villain presses something on his belt and disappears, leaving his men to fend for themselves.

One of them hands his gun to SG, secretly a fan, and the other throws his weapon in front of Beach.

@Nomad-22 @Michale CS
"Woo! Okay guys, stop tearing apart Skull's doo-dad so we can take it to someone to figure out what it was supposed to do."

The four bandana-wearing squirrels lined up in front of Squirrel Girl and she gave them each a macadamia nut. "Well done, boys!"

She looked up at Beach and Surfer. "And uh... you too. Um... Peanut Brittle?" She fished a bag out of her pocket.

@Gands @Nomad-22

@Nomad-22 @Michale CS

"Woo! Okay guys, stop tearing apart Skull's doo-dad so we can take it to someone to figure out what it was supposed to do."

The four bandana-wearing squirrels lined up in front of Squirrel Girl and she gave them each a macadamia nut. "Well done, boys!"

She looked up at Beach and Surfer. "And uh... you too. Um... Peanut Brittle?" She fished a bag out of her pocket.

@Gands @Nomad-22

As quickly as things went south, they turned back around thanks to the capes. While pleased that they won this round, Beach was troubled by the fact, that was the Red Skull who is behind this operation and that he escaped. Thankfully they denied him his prize and captured two of his mercs.

Doreen was right though, they needed to get experts up here to take care of Skull's device. Beachhead dragged the surrendered weapon behind him.
. He watched on the scene with Squrriel Girl and her little rodent friends wearing the bandannas. It's offical now the ranger was going to get beer when finally off duty to deal with all this crazy crap.

He politely shook his head no when Doreen made her snack offer. The wound began to sting some more, definitely need to patch it up. Looking back at the case, in further examination. He didn't expect to find a small of bottle a deadly chemical agent in an office building, much less fighting the Red Skull. There is much he report back to General Hawk, concerning this disturbing discovery.

"All in an day's work I say."

He noted to the Surfer and Squrriel Girl with eyes full of approval.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.