• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michale CS

Ignorance of grammar is not an excuse.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Evenings, Pacific Time
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
latest

"Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

slums.jpg

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

latest

"The Question."

[[ OOC - This will serve as the freeplay thread for Gotham City for members of the Epic Crossover clan. Interested in playing here? Join!

POST ANY AND ALL POSTS RELATED TO THE MOB WAR IN THE BODY PARTS THREAD NOT HERE ]]

Last edited:
Then, he shook his head, and decided. "I think that I might play both sides of the field. Mercy, do we still have any balance in the trust I set up for neighborhood restoration?"

She nodded, then looked up the number. "About three hundred thousand."

"I think we need to expand our renovations outside Metropolis. I'm thinking, we need to reach out to the employees and management of the Iceberg Lounge. Arrange a meeting with whichever Cobblepot is running the establishment now. I think we need to make a generous donation towards its renovation..."

@thatguyinthestore[/QUOTE]

Penguin had received the money he needed from Lex soon after it was sent. Penguin smiled when he received the money and approached Butch. "Look at this, Butch! Lex Luther has made a generous donation to help rebuild the Iceberg Lounge."

Butch, who was currently polishing his gun, looked up at Cobblepot. "That's great, sir. What are we gonna do?"

"Well we must thank Mister Luther for this generous donation! I have a meeting with the press in front of the Lounge in about twenty minutes. That is where I shall thank him."

At the Lounge

Thomas was surrounded by reporters and photographers, which he of course enjoyed. After the crowd died down he finally spoke.

"Citizens of Gotham! Thank you for coming out on this fine morning. As you know, the Iceberg Lounge was attacked by Firefly last night. My uncle is no where to be found, leaving me to be the rightful owner of his club until his return. With that ownership comes responsibilities. One of those responsibilities is to ensure that an attack of this nature will be impossible in the future. How will I do this? Well it is with great pleasure that I announce immediate reconstruction on the Iceberg Lounge. Complete with reinforced walls and glass, a state of the art security system, and guards doubled at every possible entryway. This was made possible by a very generous donation from Lexcorp. And here I would like to thank Mister Luther for his donation, and you will be hearing from me in the near future."

With that, Cobblepot stepped down with a smile and headed inside along with Butch.

It wasn't long before she had the address. When she got there - an old brownstone; Victor couldn't pin it down more than that - "What, you think GPS comes with apartment numbers?" Victor had stated - it appeared that there were about 20 mailboxes in the lobby.

Thankfully Kori had made a follow up call to Raven, and after about a half dozen tries of sending entirely random pictures to her, had finally gotten a picture of Firestar in her hero identity. Not the best way to ID someone who keeps a secret ID but at least it would narrow it down.

latest

Now it was just up to her. She could go door to door, but that might be a little suspicious. She could talk to the building supervisor who had her office on the bottom floor, or try some other method of narrowing it down?

@Raven
Raven was thankful for the information Cyborg and Started managed to get even if it wasn't nessicarly the exact location. When Kori had done a follow up call Raven thank her and informed Kori to tell Victor her thanks as well. Now finding Kori's friend was up to her and may prove a bit difficult than just walking up to the woman's front door and knocking. Raven though a moment before walking father from where she now stood. Raven decied to start she might should try the supervisor.

She headed to the supervisor's office and knocked on the door waiting for someone to answer.

@Michale CS

Raven was thankful for the information Cyborg and Started managed to get even if it wasn't necessarily the exact location. When Kori had done a follow up call Raven thank her and informed Kori to tell Victor her thanks as well. Now finding Kori's friend was up to her and may prove a bit difficult than just walking up to the woman's front door and knocking. Raven though a moment before walking farther from where she now stood. Raven decided to start she might should try the supervisor.

She headed to the supervisor's office and knocked on the door waiting for someone to answer.

@Michale CS
After a moment, the door swung open to reveal an older man behind it.
"You're a little late for Halloween, kid. But I probably have some leftover candy if you wait a minute." he said, chuckling.

Then, after a moment he just winked. "Naw, I know who you are. I'm a bit of an aficionado of you folks. What can I do ya for, Miss Raven?"

@Raven

#obligatoryStanLeecameo

Last edited:
After a moment, the door swung open to reveal an older man behind it.
"You're a little late for Halloween, kid. But I probably have some leftover candy if you wait a minute." he said, chuckling.

Then, after a moment he just winked. "Naw, I know who you are. I'm a bit of an aficionado of you folks. What can I do ya for, Miss Raven?"

@Raven

#obligatoryStanLeecameo
Raven gave a small smile after the man finished. "Well Im looking for someone actually. A friend of Starfires." She replied. "Starfire knows her as Firestar." Raven shared giving who she was looking for however it wasn't much of name or led she believed. Then she pulled out her communicator and brought up the image she saved of the woman that Victor sent her. "Um know anylne that lives here similar in appearance?" Raven asked in her monotone voice. She hoped he could help her at least a little.

@Michale CS

• Love
Reactions: Michale CS
Raven gave a small smile after the man finished. "Well Im looking for someone actually. A friend of Starfires." She replied. "Starfire knows her as Firestar." Raven shared giving who she was looking for however it wasn't much of name or led she believed. Then she pulled out her communicator and brought up the image she saved of the woman that Victor sent her. "Um know anylne that lives here similar in appearance?" Raven asked in her monotone voice. She hoped he could help her at least a little.

@Michale CS
"Huh. That looks a little like Angel. Third floor. Three-oh-two. You'll have to knock hard. She had an accident recently. Once the month is over she's switching to a first floor apartment. We have an elevator but since it might be awhile before she gets out of that wheelchair. Don't tell her I know her secret identity. I'm not about to tell anyone and I don't want the poor girl to worry about that on top of everything else that's happened to her." He stuck out his hand to Raven. "By the way, I'm Stanley. Stanley Scriven."

(( Post any replies to this in the NYC and we'll just continue as if it all took place there, simple enough @Raven ))

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Raven
"Of course." She nodded, starting to head for the direction of her apartment. "That's fair. Life hasn't been the greatest, guess I've just gotten used to expecting the worst. Even with the little things. And I actually was planning to hit the mansion soon. Been a while...as pretty clearly indicated by that. Who's Negasonic?"

@Indolent
"Prepared for the worst, that is something all X-Men learn. It is gratifying when you learn it isn't as bad as you thought," Colossus commented, almost as if he appreciated that little fact and he nodded toward Laura as he walked side by side, clearly blotting out the remainder of space on the sidewalk.

"My student, I am mentoring her. She is somewhat stubborn and reserved. She has great potential to be an X-Man. Perhaps a friendship could be kindled between you two, born out of common ground."

There was a pause though...

"She has a habit of perusing her phone device excessively, for the texting. Perhaps, you can help me with this." : |

@C.T.

"Then I'm not sure what you expect me to do about that problem."

"Hmm, I am inexperienced in dealing with teenagers of her generation. I am open to ideas, though I apologize if I am asking too much."

@C.T.

"Hmm, I am inexperienced in dealing with teenagers of her generation. I am open to ideas, though I apologize if I am asking too much."

@C.T.
"Well..." She paused in front of the door of her apartment building, opening it and stepping through on the way up. "I might suggest a pet. Something that demands attention as well. Maybe taking the phone too?"

@Indolent

"Well..." She paused in front of the door of her apartment building, opening it and stepping through on the way up. "I might suggest a pet. Something that demands attention as well. Maybe taking the phone too?"

@Indolent

He actually had to pause for moment and duck under the zenith of the door-frame so as to not damage the structure in his passing. "Give her something that demands attention, yes. Maybe I shall increase her training's intensity; perhaps more missions. Maybe the Savage Lands to instill diligence..."

@C.T.

He actually had to pause for moment and duck under the zenith of the door-frame so as to not damage the structure in his passing. "Give her something that demands attention, yes. Maybe I shall increase her training's intensity; perhaps more missions. Maybe the Savage Lands to instill diligence..."

@C.T.
"That's a joke right?"

"That's a joke right?"
"The original X-Men upon their advent were thrown into the flame and forged into the people they are today," Colossus replied evenly but he relented with a nod, "But that may yet be too much. Perhaps as a field-trip instead."

He took great care to not left impressions of his footsteps into the flooring, given his size and weight.

@C.T.

tumblr_inline_nx5o0kWRxS1s4qpfd_100.jpg

Whenever they did get to Laura's apartment they found Illyana sitting at her kitchen table. Just... sitting there, sipping something from the fridge through a straw. The lights weren't turned on or anything. She was just waiting there in the dark.

@C.T. @Indolent

"The original X-Men upon their advent were thrown into the flame and forged into the people they are today," Colossus replied evenly but he relented with a nod, "But that may yet be too much. Perhaps as a field-trip instead."

He took great care to not left impressions of his footsteps into the flooring, given his size and weight.

@C.T.
"Better."
tumblr_inline_nx5o0kWRxS1s4qpfd_100.jpg

Whenever they did get to Laura's apartment they found Illyana sitting at her kitchen table. Just... sitting there, sipping something from the fridge through a straw. The lights weren't turned on or anything. She was just waiting there in the dark.

@C.T. @Indolent
jiCSHss.jpg

"...I suppose I shouldn't be surprised you already knew where I lived." Laura resisted sighing, flicking on the lights. "You didn't do anything to Gabby, did you?" She stepped through the kitchen to check the other rooms.

@Indolent @OrlandoBloomers

jiCSHss.jpg

"...I suppose I shouldn't be surprised you already knew where I lived." Laura resisted sighing, flicking on the lights. "You didn't do anything to Gabby, did you?" She stepped through the kitchen to check the other rooms.

"I devoured her." Illyana said.

She kept her tone sardonic, continuing to drink, blue eyes watching Laura intently as she moved across the kitchen. It was like being watched by a subdued dragon. In reality, Gabby was probably asleep in her bed or doing whatever Gabby did at this hour. She didn't even know who Gabby was.

@C.T. @Indolent

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: C.T.
"Better."

jiCSHss.jpg

"I value your opinion, thank you. Nonetheless, she could make a friend in you and you in her; I'd be gladdened to see this." Colossus said to Laura whilst following in tow. Overhearing Kinney's comment, a chromed brow rose on Piotr's face as he stepped in after her, ducking once again, and...

"Little snowflake!" He cried, jovial to see his little sister once more after her abrupt departure earlier. "I see you have made yourself at home," Petey astutely determined before broaching his personal inquiry, "Who is Gabby?"

"No, she did not," he was quick to quash the nonsensical remark, "You tease but mean well, little one."

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

"I devoured her." Illyana said.

She kept her tone sardonic, continuing to drink, blue eyes watching Laura intently as she moved across the kitchen. It was like being watched by a subdued dragon. In reality, Gabby was probably asleep in her bed or doing whatever Gabby did at this hour. She didn't even know who Gabby was.

@C.T. @Indolent
"Clever." She simply replied, peeking into her bedroom and confirming that she was indeed asleep with her pet. Though how long that remained true with a Colossus stomping around outside remained to be seen.

"I value your opinion, thank you. Nonetheless, she could make a friend in you and you in her; I'd be gladdened to see this." Colossus said to Laura whilst following in tow. Overhearing Kinney's comment, a chromed brow rose on Piotr's face as he stepped in after her, ducking once again, and...

"Little snowflake!" He cried, jovial to see his little sister once more after her abrupt departure earlier. "I see you have made yourself at home," Petey astutely determined before broaching his personal inquiry, "Who is Gabby?"

"No, she did not," he was quick to quash the nonsensical remark, "You tease but mean well, little one."

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers
"I would not mind another friend. And Gabby's my guest. She's...well, a clone of me. Used to be one of three but...it is a long story. So...welcome to my place, then. Bathroom's over there." She pointed it out. "And if you want to help yourself to anything, feel free. Even if some already did."

"Clever." She simply replied, peeking into her bedroom and confirming that she was indeed asleep with her pet. Though how long that remained true with a Colossus stomping around outside remained to be seen.

"I would not mind another friend. And Gabby's my guest. She's...well, a clone of me. Used to be one of three but...it is a long story. So...welcome to my place, then. Bathroom's over there." She pointed it out. "And if you want to help yourself to anything, feel free. Even if some already did."

"That... must have been awkward. To discover for yourself. Hrmm, I shall refrain for I have a need to satisfy. I will be back," Piotr remarked aloud, glancing to his sibling, "You two play nice, da?"

Then he was gone to clean the crap off his pants.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

Status
Not open for further replies.