3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
latest

"Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

slums.jpg

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

latest

"The Question."

[[ OOC - This will serve as the freeplay thread for Gotham City for members of the Epic Crossover clan. Interested in playing here? Join!

POST ANY AND ALL POSTS RELATED TO THE MOB WAR IN THE BODY PARTS THREAD NOT HERE ]]

Last edited:
Grady Murtaugh AKA Corvus

The receptionist is roughly the same age as Karolina and has a slight irish accent. " If you'll have a seat folks, I will see if he has a moment for you. "

Several long moments pass or so it seems. Grady emerges from a door to your right from the waiting room chairs. He is about 5'10" with dark hair and attention grabbing eyes. The eyes seem familiar to Karolina at first glance. He is dressed in business casual, corduroy pants, thick long sleeve shirt and Ren faire looking boots. His belt looks rather Ren faire looking as well.

" Good morning ! You are the people Corvus told me about ? Karolina and Lincoln ? "

His tone is cheerful. He holds a hand out to both of you.

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln noticed that she had smiled and he realized why. He felt better than how he had last night. It felt good to talk to someonone about his issues and that was wonderful.

He was happy that he wasn't alone in his feelings.

Lincoln was happy that he had someone to talk to about it. He knew that there was no way of knowing if she would be able to find them. He didn't think that it was impossible, but he knew that he shouldn't get his hopes too high up. The other thing that he had to take into consideration was the fact that they might not know who he was and as heart-breaking as the idea was, it was a very real possibility to him. He smiled and hoped that she got all the names. He had kind of written Leopold's name off in a corner and it might have been difficult to read. He hoped that he hadn't forgotten about anyone who was important to his life.

Once they arrived, he looked around the area to see if there was anything else that seemed out of place to him. He hoped that there wasn't.

Lincoln smiled. " Yup, Lincoln Campbell is the name." He extended his hand to shake.

@Gands @Camleen

Karolina Dean/Lucy In The Sky/L.S.D.

With still a smile upon her face, Karolina looks over her shoulder towards the chairs in that reception area. She then looks back to the receptionist herself, nodding. "Thank you very much, miss!" Her eyes move to Lincoln as she nods, and she turns to walk to the chairs as instructed.

And sitting there, it does indeed feel like something of an eternity. She finds herself fidgeting a little too much sitting there. She keeps glancing at Lincoln, and then the receptionist, and then her shoes. And then Lincoln. And then the receptionist. And then her shoes. And as her eyes cycle, so does her mind.

Lincoln.
Receptionist.
Shoes.
Lincoln, have to call Mr—Dr. Pym.
Receptionist… gosh she's really really pretty.
Shoes, wonder if I have enough money to buy new shoes.
Lincoln, hope he can find a good job here or something.
Receptionist… she's probably married or some bull like that.
Shoes, these shoes are cute. Klara picked them out.

She's snapped out of her pithy thoughts as she hears something new in the fairly quiet room. She pushes herself to her feet (in her cute shoes) and turns to face Grady as he walks into the room. He's just a little bit taller than she is… not sure why she notices that. She shakes his hand as she speaks in a chipper tone. "Karolina Dean, sir. It's nice to meet you." She then steps back, and she glances towards Lincoln as she speaks. "Yes, sir. Corvus directed us in your direction for some possibilities for employment. I mean or at least a way to make means. And pay him back, of course."

She smiles sweetly as she falls silent, her hands now folding behind her back. She watches Corvus curiously… you ever get that feeling you've met someone where before but you just can't place where?

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus.

Grady shook both their hands if they offered.

" Yes, I've heard, very nice to meet both of you. Please come into my office won't you ? "

The décor was simple, pictures of men and women from years past. Primarily Irish American and primarily in this town. There are a lot of computers, electronics equipment that someone who worked with that kind of thing might recognize. Primarily the brand names Stark and Wayne are prominent. The desk is simple, very solid oak and somewhat large. Tthere are two seats opposite his at the desk and a couple of more in the room. The seats are fairly comfy for what they are.

" So Lincoln, I'm told you have medical experience. I have a contact in this section of town who runs a clinic. She almost always needs skilled help there. Would that kind of work bother you ? "

" As for you Miss Dean, I wasn't told what work skills you were most experienced in ? "

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln followed Grady to the office and took a look around it and was silent. It seemed that there was a ton of tech here and as he sat in the chair he felt comfortable. He looked over at Grady and took a moment to contemplate the question. " No, this kind of work works perfectly fine for me. I imagine that there would be nothing better for someone of my skill to do. I love helping people and in this city, I imagine people get hurt a lot. I have to fend myself against a mugger or two, so I know that to be the truth."

@Gands @Camleen

Karolina Dean/Lucy In The Sky/L.S.D.

She follows Grady and Lincoln into the office, and she finds it somewhat charming. Her eyes linger upon the pictures, wondering just whom they were. Relatives, she would think. Maybe sometime she'll be able to find out. She sits down in one of the chairs opposite his desk, her legs crossing at the knees and her hands resting on her knee.

Her gaze turns to Lincoln as he speaks to Grady now. She thinks it wonderful that he can help people like that. To not have to use powers or witchcraft to make people better. To do it all with your hands. She is… so not smart enough to attempt something like that. Tell her to do something to help, then she can probably. But otherwise, not so much.

She then hears her name, and she looks to Grady with that same gentle smile upon her lips. What skills is she most experienced in… well that's a tough question. Her family was rich… she never needed any work skills… save for acting. But that's out the window. She really doesn't want to go back to that, for personal reasons. Grady and Lincoln would perhaps be able to tell she's subtly having a hard time answering the question. "Well I can fly a Skrull patrol ship." She says with a nervous chuckle, looking between the two men. "But… um… I've done some acting in my time… I like music." Oh now she's just grasping at whatever pops into her empty head. "I'm experienced in flying, but I don't think that would do you any good." Now she feels her cheeks reddening with embarrassment, finding herself looking away from Grady a little.

"To speak the truth, sir…" She shrugs her slim shoulders again, looking back to him. "The only job I've ever had was as an actress… and fighting. Two pretty extreme opposites, I know. But that's all I got. But but" She says as she now sits up a little, both feet on the floor "I mean I'm a good learner. Chase said I was… uh…" she glances up trying to remember his words "A smart whip. Which I assume was a good thing. Since he said it while we were repairing Leapfrog. I mean she was way hurt cause the Punisher shot her with a missile, like a huge missile. I downed one of 'em, but I didn't see the other one. So it hit her and we went down in Central Park. Which was really pretty, by the way. And then Nico, Molly, Gert and Victor went to get food at a Burger King we saw while we were goin down in flames. Chase made a bad joke about flame grilling as we passed the sign… well as we almost hit the sign. I dunno why Victor didn't stay ta help and why I couldn't go, but Chase said he wanted my help and Old Lace wanted me to stay too. She hurt her paw" she holds up one of her hands, her fingers curled a little to look like claws. Her other hand taps the back of her hand "We think she jammed it when she fell from the building. And she couldn't go to Burger King cause… well if people saw a dinosaur she would prolly stand out. And I was kinda miffed cause they were goin to Burger King. And I'd never been there, and Molly said they wouldn't have anything I would be able to eat. But to my surprise they brought me back… a… veggie…. Bur….ger…" she FINALLY falls silent, looking between the men now. Oh God she started her infamous nervous rambling. She feels her cheeks burning a bright red now, and she slinks down in the chair just a little.

"I'll take any job, sir… I can do a lot… I can type…" she says softly, obviously very embarrassed.

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

Grady, sitting in his chair at first was quite impressed with Lincoln and his demeanor. Quick, easygoing and to the point. Confident in his skills and pleased to have the opportunity.

Then there was Karolina....Seriously the poor girl was nervous as hell. He listened... and listened, mentally taking notes. Flying machines, dinosaurs, other meta humans more than likely. He certainly made on decision. He was going to help these people. But he couldn't just hand them money. He could be... generous though.

" Turns out Karolina, we can use more clerical staff here. The business has been swamped with work orders since the riots. "

Grady sighs, presses a button at his desk. without saying anything, he pulls something out of a secret compartment at his desk. Setting the Corvus mask on his desk he looks at the two people.

" I can use the help, Gotham needs more security".

He put the mask back away.

"Miss Dean, can you talk with Jamie at the front desk, she can get you started. We have a couple of apartments nearby for temporary housing, do you think you will be needing that ? Lincoln, for right now while Karolina is filling out HR paperwork, you can I can walk a couple of blocks over to that clinic. Karolina can come too if she wants to wait on the paperwork. "

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen

Status
Not open for further replies.