3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
latest

"Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

slums.jpg

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

latest

"The Question."

[[ OOC - This will serve as the freeplay thread for Gotham City for members of the Epic Crossover clan. Interested in playing here? Join!

POST ANY AND ALL POSTS RELATED TO THE MOB WAR IN THE BODY PARTS THREAD NOT HERE ]]

Last edited:
"I would not mind another friend. And Gabby's my guest. She's...well, a clone of me. Used to be one of three but...it is a long story. So...welcome to my place, then. Bathroom's over there." She pointed it out. "And if you want to help yourself to anything, feel free. Even if some already did."

@Indolent @OrlandoBloomers
At the not-so-subtle implication Illyana simply sipped louder, the straw beginning to slurp on the bottom of the nearly empty cup. The sorceress brought it away from her lips and looked down into it, using the straw to stir around the remnants of ice. "She's a clone of a clone. Will every model be better than the last, do you think?" Not actually seeking an answer, she glanced back up to bore her eyes into Laura again, leaning forward on the table with both hands on her chin and gesturing toward the opposite side for the Wolverine to take a seat.

"So. Strange, prettier, womanly Logan; "Laura"."

That had taken some explaining, when she returned from the dead. Why there was now a second Wolverine running amok with an even more antisocial attitude.

"What are your intentions in bringing my brother back to your apartment this late at night."

@C.T. @Indolent

"So. Strange, prettier, womanly Logan; "Laura"."

That had taken some explaining, when she returned from the dead. Why there was now a second Wolverine running amok with an even more antisocial attitude.

"What are your intentions in bringing my brother back to your apartment this late at night."
9dCYbTs.jpg

"...What?"

9dCYbTs.jpg

"...What?"
tumblr_inline_obi2umhD1o1tkyomx_100.png

"Did I stutter? No I didn't because I would remember if I did."

Bizarrely, she reached over to put a hand on Laura's own.

"I understand being a single parent now must be difficult. But my brother cannot become Gabby's father."

@C.T.

• Love
Reactions: C.T.

A booming voice interrupted the ladies' conversation-- potentially awakening young Gabby, unintentional as it was-- with Colossus's loud grumbling, "This is not coming out as easily as I'd like."

It appeared that Piotr would be inconvenienced a while longer, leaving unfortunate Laura in Illyana's charming company.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

tumblr_inline_obi2umhD1o1tkyomx_100.png

"Did I stutter? No I didn't because I would remember if I did."

Bizarrely, she reached over to put a hand on Laura's own.

"I understand being a single parent now must be difficult. But my brother cannot become Gabby's father."
"..." What was even happening right now??? "That's not, I didn't...no, you got this all wrong." Laura just kept staring at the hand over her own, in too much disbelief to even attempt shaking her head or removing the hand.

A booming voice interrupted the ladies' conversation-- potentially awakening young Gabby, unintentional as it was-- with Colossus's loud grumbling, "This is not coming out as easily as I'd like."

It appeared that Piotr would be inconvenienced a while longer, leaving unfortunate Laura in Illyana's charming company.​
"...Why is there a metal man in our bathroom?" A sleepy voice grumbled.

@OrlandoBloomers @Indolent

"..." What was even happening right now??? "That's not, I didn't...no, you got this all wrong." Laura just kept staring at the hand over her own, in too much disbelief to even attempt shaking her head or removing the hand.

"...Why is there a metal man in our bathroom?" A sleepy voice grumbled.

@OrlandoBloomers @Indolent

In that instant, the mighty Colossus froze... and frowned, realizing his error extensively as a hefty sigh slipped his shiny lips. "Bohze moi, I've awoken a child from her slumber," Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin uttered with such dread it was as if he'd committed a most grave transgression on par with consigning his soul to the Crimson Demon, Cyttorak.

Well, over-dramatization aside, Piotr was finished with cleansing himself of the kindly gentleman from earlier's stomach contents. But it hadn't come without a great cost: one of Laura's small hand-towels had been sacrificed to the cause. He would see to it that he offered reparations in light of her kindness. With that, the mutant stepped from the bathroom still in his metallic form, glancing around for wherever the voice had come from.

"I woke your charge, Wolverine. I apologize." Colossus mentioned as he stepped back into the kitchen, his titanic stature ensuring he gazed above all; "Have I missed anything of note?"

As he asked, his gaze settled upon his sister who he regarded with the quiet adoration of the elder brother.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

This was bad. She wasn't opening up. Oh, of course; Illyana nearly smacked herself. She had forgotten the lighter, more casual conversation, pleasantries and chatter, to deflate the tension in the other girl's shoulders and get her to be more at ease. Maybe then she would discuss her love affair with her brother. She took a breath, opening her mouth.

"Would you like to see my collection of engraved scalp-"
"I woke your charge, Wolverine. I apologize." Colossus mentioned as he stepped back into the kitchen, his titanic stature ensuring he gazed above all; "Have I missed anything of note?"

As he asked, his gaze settled upon his sister who he regarded with the quiet adoration of the elder brother.
Illyana quickly took her hand off Laura's before her brother returned, hearing his mighty lumbering from across the apartment. Both appendages were on her lap when he stepped back into the kitchen, though Magik was sitting so stock-still it was almost suspicious in and of itself. She looked over at him pleasantly, but with a sisterly face of exasperation as well.

"Why are you still in your metal?"

And just how did "Gabby" factor into all of this?

So many questions.

@C.T. @Indolent

This was bad. She wasn't opening up. Oh, of course; Illyana nearly smacked herself. She had forgotten the lighter, more casual conversation, pleasantries and chatter, to deflate the tension in the other girl's shoulders and get her to be more at ease. Maybe then she would discuss her love affair with her brother. She took a breath, opening her mouth.

"Would you like to see my collection of engraved scalp-"
"...I'm sorry, were you just about to say scalpel?" Laura questioned, one thought after another popping up briefly in her mind. Her days in the Facility, the footage of Logan she had been forced to watch, likely the kind of thing she imagined Bellona, Zelda and Gabby had gone through. She swiftly brushed it away though once Colossus stepped in.​

"Have I missed anything of note?"

As he asked, his gaze settled upon his sister who he regarded with the quiet adoration of the elder brother.​
Illyana quickly took her hand off Laura's before her brother returned, hearing his mighty lumbering from across the apartment. Both appendages were on her lap when he stepped back into the kitchen, though Magik was sitting so stock-still it was almost suspicious in and of itself. She looked over at him pleasantly, but with a sisterly face of exasperation as well.​
DmkL4Rf.jpg

Her eyebrow raised but she said nothing except: "No. Nothing at all." It wasn't her place to come between siblings and quite honestly, almost everyone should have been able to see through the ridiculously fake innocent girl act. Besides...she was likely to have her hands full herself in 3, 2, 1...

"Laura!"

Yep, she was fully awake now.

WKSnqSB.png

"We have a big Russian metal man in here, isn't that awesome? I heard him speaking it too!" Gabby jogged in, only coming to a halt when she spotted Illyana. "And another guest! Are we having a sleepover or something?"

"...I'm sorry, were you just about to say scalpel?" Laura questioned, one thought after another popping up briefly in her mind. Her days in the Facility, the footage of Logan she had been forced to watch, likely the kind of thing she imagined Bellona, Zelda and Gabby had gone through. She swiftly brushed it away though once Colossus stepped in.​

DmkL4Rf.jpg

Her eyebrow raised but she said nothing except: "No. Nothing at all." It wasn't her place to come between siblings and quite honestly, almost everyone should have been able to see through the ridiculously fake innocent girl act. Besides...she was likely to have her hands full herself in 3, 2, 1...

"Laura!"

WKSnqSB.png

"We have a big Russian metal man in here, isn't that awesome? I heard him speaking it too!" Gabby jogged in, only coming to a halt when she spotted Illyana. "And another guest! Are we having a sleepover or something?"

"Scalps. What do you take me for, a weirdo?" Magik replied without preamble, as if it were obvious. What would be the point in collecting engraved scalpels? Who would even do that? Either way, potentially less notable was the fact that when Gabby came into the room there was nothing fake or dishonest about the innocence Illyana took on then as she gave the little girl a smile.

tumblr_inline_nx5odeUor21s4qpfd_100.jpg

"Hello."

@C.T. @Indolent

Illyana quickly took her hand off Laura's before her brother returned, hearing his mighty lumbering from across the apartment. Both appendages were on her lap when he stepped back into the kitchen, though Magik was sitting so stock-still it was almost suspicious in and of itself. She looked over at him pleasantly, but with a sisterly face of exasperation as well.

"Why are you still in your metal?"

And just how did "Gabby" factor into all of this?

So many questions.​
"I have gotten so used to it so that I forget at times. Does it bother you, Illyana?" Piotr inquired considerately, his mind ruminating on whether or not to just go through with it and render the transition of his bodily form to the flesh.​
DmkL4Rf.jpg

"Laura!"

WKSnqSB.png

"Nyet, little one," Colossus interjected toward Gabby, his features decidedly uplifted with amusement. This Gabby was nothing like the aloof seriousness of the All New Wolverine, "I am a visitor, one who accepted Laura's offer to make use of her bathroom to clean myself up. There was an altercation... earlier."

And with a meaty slab of metal that comprised his hand, Piotr regarded his sibling in his usual aplomb, "That is Illyana, my little sister. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Truly, he could see that Kinney's words resonated deeply; it was blatantly clear that Gabby was a clone of the clone-- that being Laura Kinney herself-- of the original Wolverine. It must have been a hectic experience. Hadn't she mentioned there two others more?

"I apologize for waking you," he added as an afterthought, his tone sincere and solemn.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

"Scalps. What do you take me for, a weirdo?" Magik replied without preamble, as if it were obvious. What would be the point in collecting engraved scalpels? Who would even do that? Either way, potentially less notable was the fact that when Gabby came into the room there was nothing fake or dishonest about the innocence Illyana took on then as she gave the little girl a smile.

tumblr_inline_nx5odeUor21s4qpfd_100.jpg

"Hello."
Laura just avoided answering that question entirely, stepping over to the fridge to get something to eat. One of the leftovers heated up in the microwave for a quick meal as Gabby beamed, approaching Illyana further. "Hi!" The little one held a hand out. "You're a lot better than our last impromptu houseguests."
"I have gotten so used to it so that I forget at times. Does it bother you, Illyana?" Piotr inquired considerately, his mind ruminating on whether or not to just go through with it and render the transition of his bodily form to the flesh.​
"Our neighbors downstairs probably don't like it. Then again, they're not fond of us in general."
"Nyet, little one," Colossus interjected toward Gabby, his features decidedly uplifted with amusement. This Gabby was nothing like the aloof seriousness of the All New Wolverine, "I am a visitor, one who accepted Laura's offer to make use of her bathroom to clean myself up. There was an altercation... earlier."

And with a meaty slab of metal that comprised his hand, Piotr regarded his sibling in his usual aplomb, "That is Illyana, my little sister. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Truly, he could see that Kinney's words resonated deeply; it was blatantly clear that Gabby was a clone of the clone-- that being Laura Kinney herself-- of the original Wolverine. It must have been a hectic experience. Hadn't she mentioned there two others more?

"I apologize for waking you," he added as an afterthought, his tone sincere and solemn.​
"...Awwwww." It was clear she was a little let down from this not being a sleepover. Even if they really didn't have enough beds for that. "Oooh, altercations. Yeah she has those, and pleased to meet you both too! Just don't apologize, you don't have anything to apologize for! This is way better than my dream."

Laura just avoided answering that question entirely, stepping over to the fridge to get something to eat. One of the leftovers heated up in the microwave for a quick meal as Gabby beamed, approaching Illyana further. "Hi!" The little one held a hand out. "You're a lot better than our last impromptu houseguests."​
"I doubt it, rosomachka. You just haven't seen me on a bad day."

The Russian native replied lightly with an impromptu term of endearment in her first language, offering her own hand out to take Gabby's; though she didn't shake. It wasn't very often she talked to children. For which there were reasons. Despite those, whatever they were, at the moment she seemed completely at ease-- Even pleasant.
"Our neighbors downstairs probably don't like it. Then again, they're not fond of us in general."
"Destroy them." Oops.
"I have gotten so used to it so that I forget at times. Does it bother you, Illyana?" Piotr inquired considerately, his mind ruminating on whether or not to just go through with it and render the transition of his bodily form to the flesh.
"...Awwwww." It was clear she was a little let down from this not being a sleepover. Even if they really didn't have enough beds for that. "Oooh, altercations. Yeah she has those, and pleased to meet you both too! Just don't apologize, you don't have anything to apologize for! This is way better than my dream."

That brief lapse swiftly swept under the rug, Illyana returned her gaze to her brother momentarily to shrug and shake her head. "No, of course not. Just seems unwieldy, is all I mean. You bend to fit yourself through doors."

Her own small hand was still enclosed around Gabby's, her gaze returning to stare at the contact curiously for a few moments before she looked back up at the youngest clone's face.

"What were you dreaming of?"

@C.T. @Indolent

"People will be as they are, you can only do what you can, tovarisch," Colossus uttered, relating to Laura genuinely.​
"You are a kind child," Piotr remarked, smiling fondly as he considered aloud, "Dreams you say?"​

The Russian native replied lightly with an impromptu term of endearment in her first language, offering her own hand out to take Gabby's; though she didn't shake. It wasn't very often she talked to children. For which there were reasons. Despite those, whatever they were, at the moment she seemed completely at ease-- Even pleasant.

"Destroy them." Oops.

That brief lapse swiftly swept under the rug, Illyana returned her gaze to her brother momentarily to shrug and shake her head. "No, of course not. Just seems unwieldy, is all I mean. You bend to fit yourself through doors."

Her own small hand was still enclosed around Gabby's, her gaze returning to stare at the contact curiously for a few moments before she looked back up at the youngest clone's face.

@C.T. @Indolent
Regardless of the circumstances that surrounded the Rasputin siblings at times, from the age of her being his little sister living a normal life to the time of now where she reigned as demon queen of Inferno, Piotr himself was gladdened to see that Illyana immersed herself in socialization with Gabby. He was simply content to watch her for now, until her statement made its way to his attention. He frowned momentarily, considering for a moment... before he nodded.

"It has been some time, little snowflake."

And in a single second, a rippling wave of change washed over the towering Russian's form, as metal shifted to flesh. Noticeably, his stature did not change much whatsoever beyond the firmness of his musculature loosening-- obviously because flesh was softer than steel.

"Sometimes I forget what it's like."

His words lingered audibly-- to him anyway-- before he nodded a barely perceptible nod toward his sibling before inclining his head toward Gabby, expectant of the reply to Illyana's query as he too was curious.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

The Russian native replied lightly with an impromptu term of endearment in her first language, offering her own hand out to take Gabby's; though she didn't shake. It wasn't very often she talked to children. For which there were reasons. Despite those, whatever they were, at the moment she seemed completely at ease-- Even pleasant.​
"They tried to rob us. Even on a bad day, I think that makes them worse. If more hilarious."​

"Destroy them." Oops.​
"I don't destroy things anymore."

"She really doesn't." She singsonged.​

"People will be as they are, you can only do what you can, tovarisch," Colossus uttered, relating to Laura genuinely.

"You are a kind child," Piotr remarked, smiling fondly as he considered aloud, "Dreams you say?"​
"Unfortunately true." Laura agreed...and then paused at the question, quickly exchanging a glance with her younger clone. Wolverine gave a half-shrug. If Gabby wanted to share, by all meas.

"More...a nightmare."

"They tried to rob us. Even on a bad day, I think that makes them worse. If more hilarious."​
Piotr winced, his distaste at the notion of attempting a robbery on either Logan or Laura to be effectively a suicidal one. "I pity the souls who attempted this," he remarked, visioning the scenario unfolding in his mind.
"I don't destroy things anymore."

"She really doesn't." She singsonged.
"Only when you must; otherwise... I am glad to hear this."
"Unfortunately true." Laura agreed...and then paused at the question, quickly exchanging a glance with her younger clone. Wolverine gave a half-shrug. If Gabby wanted to share, by all meas.

"More...a nightmare."

"A young girl should not be troubled with nightmares. Will you tell us?" Colossus inquired, subtly including his sister into the grouping there in his words.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

"A young girl should not be troubled with nightmares. Will you tell us?" Colossus inquired, subtly including his sister into the grouping there in his words.
"Do you know where Laura grew up?"​

"Nyet."​
She sighed. Context obviously required. "The Facility. I spent my childhood there, but calling it a home gives it far too much credit. 7 years of captivity, at which point the lead scientist subjected me to radiation poisoning to accelerate the activation of my latent mutant genes. My claws were forcibly removed, coated with adamantium, then forced back in without anesthetic. One of the only people I liked there was my sensei, who trained me and moreover, was kind to me. Of course, they didn't approve. The next time I saw him, they had coated something with a new chemical they created. A trigger scent, to throw me into a berserker rage and kill anything or anyone that moved. It worked." Even after all this time, her voice still carried a hint of sadness.

"My new trainer even punished me for it, for doing what they wanted me to. Eventually, the person who raised me like a real mother(or as close as they would allow) had enough. Whether it was guilt, or concern, or both...I still don't know. We tried to escape, I even killed the lead scientist responsible for most of my less than stellar upbringing. Even so, he got the last laugh from beyond the grave. He had planted the trigger scent on my surrogate mother." She shook her head.

"With her dying breath, she gave me my real name and a purpose. So now you know."

"...my sisters and I went through a similar situation. Sometimes I'm back there...in my dreams."

@Indolent

Illyana, who had been royally spaced out for a long time though still listening from her spot at the kitchen table, looked disquieted even despite already knowing the vague circumstances of Laura's existence. It was a harsh thing to forget once you'd heard it once. She almost wanted to chide Piotr for being oblivious. :|

Tracing a pattern in the woodwork with her thumb, she drooped her cheek on her hand and clucked her tongue idly.

"I lived on a Russian farm. Was not so different."

Her attempt at a joke, though perhaps it was misplaced. What wasn't so different was her abduction into Limbo, her subjugation under Belasco and his demons and her inevitable struggle back. She was to be fashioned into a killer slave in her childhood, too, just one born from magic and not science.

"I know why your dreams come. Nightmare is toying with you. The dreamspinner and the Dweller-in-Darkness, they of the Everinnye, the Dream Dimension... Many terrible things live there. People will tell you they are just dreams, they cannot hurt you, but do not--"

She paused noticeably, catching herself and doing mental gymnastics to avert where she was going with that sentence.

"Worry. Do not worry. 'Cause they're... so right. SO CORRECT."

@C.T. @Indolent

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: Orangewasp and C.T.
"I know why your dreams come. Nightmare is toying with you. The dreamspinner and the Dweller-in-Darkness, they of the Everinnye, the Dream Dimension... Many terrible things live there. People will tell you they are just dreams, they cannot hurt you, but do not--"

She paused noticeably, catching herself and doing mental gymnastics to avert where she was going with that sentence.

"Worry. Do not worry. 'Cause they're... so right. SO CORRECT."
Laura's eyebrow raised again, likely not for the final time this night. That was clearly not the way the sentence was intended to end, but she sure wasn't going to press the issue. A nice save, even if she wasn't sure Gabby would buy it. Wolverine glanced over at her younger clone, gauging her expression briefly before clearing her throat.

"Yes, right they are. That said...is there going to be anything else?"

Status
Not open for further replies.