3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
latest

"Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

slums.jpg

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

latest

"The Question."

[[ OOC - This will serve as the freeplay thread for Gotham City for members of the Epic Crossover clan. Interested in playing here? Join!

POST ANY AND ALL POSTS RELATED TO THE MOB WAR IN THE BODY PARTS THREAD NOT HERE ]]

Last edited:
Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

He smiles at the two of them.

"Tell you what, Lucy in the sky, for tonight, use the money for the two of you, hotel room, food, clothing, whatever you need. For now, call it a loan okay ? In the morning, come to my friend's office and he'll do his best about getting you a job. Sir, it might help if I could tell my friend Grady what kind of work you feel comfortable doing ? For the record, I would recommend the Moonlight inn. It's down that road about two blocks. Tell them you are friends of Grady's"

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln wondered if she was like him. Constantly moving and constantly feeling like he didn't belong anywhere he wound up. He was a good doctor, but when you display anything out of the normal, people get suspicious and everything goes out the window. Flippin' had been nice, but he knew he couldn't stay forever. He was bad at settling down. God, he missed Skye. He wondered if she even existed in this world. He hoped that she did, but he wasn't sure in the slightest.

Lincoln hoped that he wasn't boring her. He looked at the bag on his back and took a deep breath, looking around the street before catching his breath. He knew that it wouldn't be easy to find people- but he was worried that they didn't exist here in the slightest. Lincoln paused when she mentioned that they were in Gotham City. Where was that in the world? Was it even in the US? He was pretty sure that he was in the US, but he could have been wrong. He looked down at himself and wondered when the last time he had showered. It had certainly been a while, but he wasn't sure about the exact amount of time that it was. He paused, when she mentioned that he looked like he needed the cash. He really didn't want to be someone's charity case. He could provide for himself and felt wrong taking money from others. He wished that there were more things he could do though to be quite honest though.

" Also, I'm Lincoln Campbell," he added, realizing that he was asking her his name. He looked over at the man and was very confused why he wanted to learn them more. " I was a doctor back in Boston a while back, I don't think it was the same place as here, but anything that could allow me to help or heal people would be fine with me," he said, really wishing that he had carried his degree from his first home. Sadly, you couldn't change the past, no matter how hard you tried.

@Camleen @Gands

Karolina feels a small grin on her lips as he uses her whole codename. For all the good it does. Let's face it, she only kept it for 'official' stuff. Like when she's working with the Avengers, or when they go out to beat on some bad guy. Always for a good cause, though! But now she's doing neither. These guys aren't any Avengers she's ever seen (which doesn't mean they aren't Avengers, but she's leaning towards not), and they're certainly not bad guys.

But then she has been accused of being far too trusting of people far too early.

"Actually.." she says as she feels a faint blush in her cheeks, her hand coming up to tuck a few strands of long blond hair behind her ear "I appreciate the Lucy in the Sky.. but that's more a name that was used before.. tonight it's just Karolina." She says, blue eyes looking between the two of them. And by the by, it's pronounced 'kair-roh-lee-na'. Just in case you were wondering.

Corvus makes the offer of employment.. and for a moment she is very very hesitant. Despite what she said earlier.. she doesn't actually like being employed. She would much rather just.. fly around all day. But Chase said it was time for them to grow up a little.. they aren't the lil Runaways they used to be. Most of them are grown ups now (even if most all of them are considered adults by a year, if that). "I'll be there, sir. I'm not to picky when it comes to getting a job.." Mostly because she actually has no idea what she could be good with. She waited on tables at a seedy little diner last week for a couple bucks, but that was it.

Other than being an actress (only in a commercial and a ton of auditions), she doesn't know what else she could do yet. She could suggest being a nightlight, but that wouldn't be a good gig. "Your friend Grady in the morning.. Moonlight Inn.. got it." She says with a nod.

Her eyes draw to Lincoln as he speaks, and she smiles moreso. "Mr. Campbell, it's a distinct pleasure to meet ya." And when he says he's a doctor, her eyes widen and she motions to him as she looks to Corvus. "Well there ya go! There has to be room for a doctor here, right?" She doesn't know what kind of city Gotham is.. but she knows they have what are termed 'vigilantes' (Because Corvus is one), and it seems.. well the neighborhood isn't exactly the Hills. "I could even help him out if need be. Like.. carry.. things.." She gets an awkward look on her face towards the end of that sentence, as she wasn't really sure she knew where she was going when she started the sentence.

Wow, what a night. Possibly, the start of a new period of new possibilities.

" Yes, miss, Moonlight inn. Also, Grady's been looking for permanent office help for a while now. "

He turned to Lincoln.

" I think I know a couple of clinics that wouldn't turn down the help, but it wouldn't likely be real great money until we get you settled. Do you have your paperwork ? "

For the record, when the two got to the Moonlight Inn, it was a small, but pretty nice little Motel with small Cabana style rooms. There was a pool and the place looked well maintained. The man at the desk, Ernie grew a big smile when you mentioned Grady.

f7450031e4c1bca926b7b05934669c6f.jpg

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln smiled and was happy that somebody was happy to meet them, even if it was just the first meeting. He noticed that her eyes had widened when he had mentioned that he was a doctor and he wasn't about to argue that. He was a doctor and there was always room for them where there were superheroes. Superheroes had the nasty habit of getting hurt more often than any of them cared to admit outright. He looked over at her. " Yeah, I wouldn't mind the help. I worked with a team of three. I am an expert on most minor injuries and I can figure out most 'unique' individuals. I mean, I guess.." he trailed off and debated mentioning his power again. It could get him in trouble, he debated it for a moment and held it back.

Lincoln turned to looked at Corvus.

" I have some of my paperwork from back home- but I don't have all of it. Got my stuff from when I worked in Chicago and in the medical license, but not the original degree."

@Camleen @Gands

[BCOLOR=#ff6600]Karolina Dean[/BCOLOR]
Office work? Does this fella want her to be a secretary this Grady fella? Does she even know how to do that? She can kind of type.. she's good at organizing things though. Like OCD good at organizing things. As the boys talk, she kind of looks away from them towards the city around them. Man it got dark real quick. She half turns, as if to study their surroundings. She hasn't seen it from this elevation yet, not really. She's sure in the light it's a pretty place.. but in this dark it just looks.. ominous..

She turns her attention back to the guys as Lincoln explains the license situation. She thinks he.. needs.. a license to practice, right? Yeah that makes sense. But the whole original/duplicate thing is where they lose her. She takes a step back from them, looking up towards the roof. "Be right back, guys." Her body begins to suddenly glow with a gentle, radiant energy. It shimmers and flows in all colors of the rainbow, her body actually seeming to become part of the energy. She launches herself upwards, leaving a shimmering energy trail in her wake. She gets to the roof, and she scoops up the wad of money she left there on the ledge.

As she lowers herself down, she has taken the rubber band off of the money and divided it evenly. She lands gently next to Lincoln, her body reverting back to her human form. She holds Lincoln's half of the 'loan' out to him, her eyes on Corvus as she speaks. "You've done a lot for us both tonight.. but we don't even know your name…"

The young hero's face crinkles up under his facial armor.

" Karolina, it's like this in the superhero business. I have a secret identity you see. So that the very many bad guys in town don't track down all my non hero friends and do horrible things to them you see ? And in this town, horrible "

He moves very close to the young woman, so she can see his deep blue eyes and other features quite clearly.

" Just see my friend Grady at the address on the card I gave you in the morning ok ? Hopefully he can help you understand "

" Lincoln sir, a pleasure to meet you !"

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln looked over at her, when she went off and waited for her to come down. He took the money that she helped out to him and he was silent, as he watched the other man. He understood secret identities from his short time that he resided at SHIELD and he took a deep breath. " It was also my pleasure to meet you. I hope that our paths cross again."

@Camleen @Gands

[BCOLOR=#ff6600]Karolina Dean/Lucy In The Sky/L.S.D.[/BCOLOR]
As Corvus moves closer to her, she leans away a little out of habit. Personal space and all. Her head tilts a little to one side as she watches his eyes, as she gets a good look at his masked face. Which isn't a lot, but still. She doesn't say anything in response, she just smiles gently to him as she nods. "I understand, sir. Of course. Grady in the morning. I'll be there."

Corvus then says good night to Lincoln, and she looks towards him, her hands grasping the straps of her backpack. And as Corvus moves off, Karolina keeps her eyes on him. She stands next to Lincoln (him only a few inches taller than she) and she speaks in a light hearted tone as Corvus disappears into the night. "I hope he understands.. I wasn't asking his birth name. That's the superhero business too, right? Codenames? They made me keep calling myself Lucy In The Sky and all.." she speaks with a gentle chuckle. "Just wanted to thank him by name is all. But I'm sure we'll see 'im again. Cross paths like ya said." Now her eyes draw to Lincoln as she smiles, and she motions in the general direction of the motel. "I'm hoofin it. Tagging along?"

She then turns and starts to walk down the sidewalk, that same smile on her lips. This went from a really bad night of her usual depression/low self esteem to making 2 friends and getting some spending money. Well not spending spending money.. but money. She has doubts that the restaurant would have anything she can eat.. so she'll skip it for tonight. Get something in the morning when she's not so darn tired. She has plenty of energy.. it isn't the Majesdanian energy that's in question. It's just the weariness of her body and mind. It's been.. a long few days. While she has made a couple new friends tonight.. it's her old friends that linger in her mind the strongest.

Lincoln waited for him to leave and he took a deep breath. It was just him and the other girl now and he watched the man disappear into the night. He took a deep breath and debated how far the place was that Corvus recommended to him. He turned to her and smiled. " Yup, that is how the superhero business works. It works that you are always so afraid to reveal your real name and go by a codename to protect your loved ones and yourself. I should know- I used to work under a codename. It has been a while since I used it though," he said, looking around and shrugged. It wasn't like he was going to be using it anytime soon. " It was Sparkplug and I worked with a few friends together. It was nice while it last, but most good things come to an end," he said, looking over at her and nodded. " Yup, I am also walking to the place, might as well tag along with you."

Lincoln followed suit, wondering how the day had turned around so quickly. Before he had been alone, but now he had met two new people and he wouldn't call them friends quite yet, but he was certainly on the way to it. He was also grateful that he had some money on him, but it wasn't the money that made him feel good. It was just good to be with someone, even if she was younger than him. Lincoln had forgotten how much he enjoyed having friends, people that he could rely on. It was the start of a new chapter, but he wouldn't be forgetting the people who had made up his life before. People like Daisy, Jemma, Phil, Fitz, Mack and May. They were also his family and damn, he missed them.

@Camleen @Gands

A warm and friendly smile remains on Karolina's face as now she and Lincoln start to walk towards where she hopes the motel is. "Yeah, like they do in the movies." She says as she walks with him, her hands now moving to her head. "The superhero has some family or loved ones, so he... she... uses the codename to keep them safe. But with me and my friends..." She now looks to him as she pulls the earbuds from her ears. "We really just used them for fun. At the start, it was all just a game for us I think." She nods a little, looking ahead of themselves as she now unslings her backpack from her back.

Out of the corner of her eyes she watches him when he reveals his 'codename'. Sparkplug… "Do… do you have powers? Oh oh let me guess. Sparkplug… um.." she now looks up, blindly opening small pocket on her backpack as she speaks, the straps of her pack around her arms to prevent it from falling. "You could manipulate metals. I know a guy like that. You could… um… make machines move. Oh, electricity!" She now looks to him with a wide and proud smile, her eyes lighting up as she thinks she got it right. "AmIRight?" Kar tucks her iPod into that pocket and snaps it shut, and then slings the pack onto her back once more.

'Most good things come to an end' he said. That's… that's something she doesn't want to linger on. What she had with her friends was a good thing, the best in fact. She didn't want it to end, for them to part ways. But the group decided maybe it was time. Something she disagreed with. "So what happened? Why did your group split?" She gasps softly and suddenly, getting a worried expression on her face "Oh no.. please please don't tell me something bad happened to them…"

Lincoln hadn't told him many people about his past as a superhero. He looked over at her, and he was about to answer her, but shut up when she started to take a guess on what it was. He looked over at her and waited for her to get closer to the answer before he told her if she was right. He wouldn't call what he would do manipulating metals, but it certainly was an adept description of what he could do. He smiled when she mentioned the word electricity and waited for her to ask the question. He looked over at her and instead of answering with a yes or no, he formed a small electro ball in his hand to show her that she was indeed right.

Lincoln looked over at her and took a deep pause, realizing what he had said after it had left his lip. He hadn't intended for it to sound so negative, but there was no escaping it now. He really hadn't intended to share that much with her, but it was out in the open and she probably wasn't going to let it go. " It wasn't so much that my group split... it's more... that, I think... I .... I... I died and then I wound up her. I know it sounds crazy, but it felt so real. I am looking to see if they are also here."

@Camleen

The gal smiles proudly of herself as she sees the little ball of electrical energy. She takes a faint step away from him as she laughs gently, as if spooked by the sudden show. "See, you being able to do that and being named Sparkplug is just perfect! I think that's so cute!" She says with a nod, a wide smile still on her lips.

But that smile fades a little when her eyes catch sight of the change in his demeanor. Her head tilts to one side a little as she walks with him, as she watches him. Patiently does she wait for him to say something, having no want to put any sort of pressure or anything upon him.

"You think you died?" Her tone is a curious one this time. If you die, isn't that something you're sure about? There isn't a whole lot of wiggle room there. "Crazy… that isn't something I'm a stranger to, man." Her form starts to glow very softly, her exposed skin and hair seeming to shimmer in a myriad of color. He would also feel a sudden gentle warmth irradiating outwards from her, as if you just stepped out of a cold shadow into the gentle sunlight. "I'm an alien that used to be marr—was engaged to another kind of alien. My bestie is a real witch, we lived on a mechanical frog, one of the people I love was born in 1900 but Is 12, and another one of my friends is a dinosaur from the future. Not to mention the little girl mutant, cyborg son of one of the most evil beings ever" She laughs gently as she makes a dismissive motion, her body no longer glowing. "Me and crazy are old pals, man. Any idea how we can find out if your friends are here too?" They now would be approaching the motel, the lit up sign obvious in the short distance.

Lincoln was used to people moving away when they saw his powers. He could have given her a warning, but he hadn't thought of it at the moment. He smiled a bit when she mentioned that she liked his nicknames. He imagined that Daisy would be happy about that since she had picked it out. God, he missed her a little.

" Yeah, I can't really remember much about dying... I am not even certain if it really happened to me, but it felt so real. I know that I wouldn't be the first person to die and then come back to life. My boss also died and came back to life." He noticed her form glow and was quiet as he saw the colors. They felt so warm and inviting and he had forgotten what those feelings had felt like a long time. He looked over at her and listened to what she had to say and he couldn't help but feel a bit better about deciding to stay with her. " I can't say that any of my old friends are as interesting as yours, but most of them had unique powers like me. Actually, my girlfriend could cause earthquakes. I guess you could say I am also alien. I have altered DNA that was done to my ancestors by an alien mist. It's kind of complicated." He also dispelled his own power so that he wasn't holding it when they entered the motel. " I honestly don't know. I have tried researching them and looking around for them, but I haven't had any success so far though."

@Camleen

In any other context, that would be a very weird sentence.
'Yeah I can't really remember much about dying'
But in her life… well she's seen her share of weird since she found out about the Pride. It's a long, sad list.
A warm smile remains upon her lips as she watches him, as she listens to him. He doesn't know if his friends are even around anymore. Or where they are. Yeah, welcome to the club Sparkplug. "Hey…" she starts softly as they enter the motel. "I know people in the Avengers. Maybe I can ask around. Why don't you give me a list of their names or something. I can at least ask, that won't hurt." She shrugs her slim shoulders, her hands falling to her sides as they get to the front desk.

She looks to the older gentleman that now moves to the counter, looking between the two of them. He assumes they're a married couple or something. And he's so wrong. With a pleasant, upbeat tone she pulls out the cash that was given to her… loaned to her. "Good evening, sir. We'd each like a room please." She says as she glances to Lincoln. "We're… friends of Grady." The man, Ernie, does indeed smile more, and he laughs heartily. Almost immediately they are given room keys, and Ernie makes them promise that if they need anything at all to come to him. He ensures them he's there to make their lives as good as he can while in the luxury of the Moonlight Inn.

And so, they head to the rooms, and as Karolina enters her she offers a wave to Lincoln. "Sweet dreams, Lincoln. I'll catch ya in the morning. Job hunting for me, I guess." She says with a nervous laugh. Oh God she doesn't want to get a job. She nods to him as she smiles, and disappears into her room. She huffs lightly as she leans against the door when closed, and she slips her backpack off, letting it drop to the floor with a soft thud.

She gets a quick shower, and then almost immediately goes to bed. She's exhausted, mostly emotionally. But sleep won't come so easily for her. And morning, it will be here far too soon. She knows it. She needs the light of day, maybe bathing in sunbeams will make her feel better.

And as expected, morning did arrive far too soon. After another shower she emerges from her room, wearing a pale colored coat with a blue shirt under. Simple slacks, her hair neat and straightened. She doesn't have any dressy dress clothes, I mean she can only fit so much in her backpack. She leaves her pack in her room, of course. She stands just outside the Moonlight Inn, smiling widely as she just takes in the sun. She resists the urge to go into (what was dubbed my Chase) Full Weird Alien Recharge Form… as much as she wants to. She just stands there, her hands held out a little at her sides, her eyes closed.

Lincoln really wished that nobody else suffered like him and missed their friends as much as he missed his, but he knew that wasn't realistic and he could be a grumpy realist sometimes to be quite honest. " I can do that after we get a room in the motel. It might actually help ease my nerves if it doesn't do anything else to be quite honest," he said, looking over at her as he walked with her to the front desk. He hoped that he would be able to sleep tonight. It had been a while since he had gotten a good night of sleep.

Lincoln waved goodnight to Karolina once they arrived at their room after getting the keys. Once he was in the room, he took a piece of paper and a pen out of his pocket and started to write the first name that he thought of for his friends.

Daisy Johnson/ Quake/Skye- Girlfriend at time before death. Is an inhuman like me. Can cause earthquakes. Was mind-controlled by him.

He paused, as he looked at the list and wrote down the next two names that came to his mind. There was no separating the two of them, no matter how much he tried to in his mind.

Jemma Simmons and Leopold Fitz- Fellow scientists. Totally in love with each other. Finish each other sentences. Tough as nails.

He tapped the pencil against the desk, deciding who to write next.

Alphonso " Mack" Mackenzie- Close friends. Has an interest in bikes and motorcycles.

He wasn't sure if he should write the next two because he remembered them departing before he left, but he decided to add them anyway.

Lance Hunter and Bobbi Morse- Departed to protect us.

After a few more moments, he wrote the next two names.

Melinda May- Combat expert and one scary lady if you are her enemy.

Phil Coulson- Leader/ glue who keep us together.

He wrote down more names for his actual teammates. These names included Elena " Yo-Yo" Rodriguez and Joey Guitterrez. Lincoln turned over the paper and wrote down one more name and put in giant letters

NOT A FRIEND

Grant Ward/ HIVE- Enemy who I am pretty sure that I sacrificed my life to defeat.

After that, Lincoln went to sleep and when he got up, he took a shower and went down in his old clothes. He only had this one pair. He looked for Karolina and food, holding the list for her in his hand.

@Camleen @Gands

[bcolor=#ff6600]Karolina Dean/Lucy In The Sky/L.S.D.[/bcolor]
A wide smile graces her thin lips, her head tilted back a little. It may seem like an average day to most (in regards to temperature), but to her it's simply glorious. A new city… maybe a new start for her. Or at least a new option for her.

After Xavin… she really never felt… right. Like herself. Like the Karolina Dean of old. Well… the Karolina Dean after the Pride revelation and before the Light Brigade… that Karolina. Maybe Nico was right.. she just needed a change of scene. Before she gave one of the boys a heart attack.

She laughs gently at the thought, her eyes opening now. And when she does.. she brings her hands up a little. And she realizes she's transformed partially. Her long hair, her hands and her legs shimmer in a myriad of colors, in light itself. Sometimes when she's in the sun her Majesdanian side starts to show. Especially when she's not paying attention. It's not a bad thing, just weird. The glow dissipates as she takes a deep breath, tucking her hands into her pockets.

Well she knows she has to get her day going. She got the address from Ernie… of where this Grady fellow works. She even got directions this time. Sure she could use her phone to navigate to it.. but she's not 100% sure how to do that on her phone. It's usually Molly that has to program her phone for directions and make it tell her. Or whatever she does to the phone.

She thinks she hears something… and she happens to glance over her shoulder. And when she does, she gets sight of Lincoln. She smiles and turns towards him, waving her hand over her head at him. "Lincoln! Good morning!" Her tone a chipper one, indeed.

Grady Murtaugh AKA Corvus

It doesn't take long for the two to find Murtaugh Electronics and Security Inc. It was a very natural looking building, aged appropriately to match the neighborhood. There were burn marks on the building next to it marking some damage from the recent troubles. If Lincoln is paying attention ( you can decide ) There are a lot more electrical signals running around on the outside of the building than would be natural.

Once they enter, there is an obvious receptionist room, blocked from the entry room by likely bullet proof glass of some sort with a speaker / microphone on your side of the glass. A redheaded woman of perhaps her mid twenties and wearing a pair of glasses is sitting at a receptionist desk. She smiles when she sees you in a friendly manner.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen

Lincoln felt happy about his list. It had been slightly better to write down the names that he had written and the memories that were associated with them. When he had been writing it, it had pained him, but it felt great to have the weight off of him.

He wished there was more that he could do, but he felt that today things were going to change for the better. Even if it was just a temporary job in this city, it was a start. He liked to imagine that starting over wasn't such a horrible thing to have once in your lifetime or perhaps even twice for hi

Lincoln smiled as he looked over at her and nodded. " It is a good morning and I am happy to say that I agree. I also completed my list last night. I have it in my hands, but it will certainly ease my nerves to see the truth," he said to her, grinning happily too

When the two find Murtagh Electronics and security, he noticed that it is a very natural looking building but it appeared to be old and weathered like the rest of the area. He seemed to notice some burn marks and wondered how those had gotten there. He nearly missed that there was something else that was strange about the building, but it seemed that there were a few more electronic signals than there should have been.

@Camleen @Gands

[bcolor=#ff6600]Karolina Dean/Lucy In The Sky/L.S.D.[/bcolor]
Karolina feels her smile widen a little. Lincoln was in bad shape last night when they parted ways. He and she might have been feeling much the same way.

They both missed them. Old friends.

She tucks her hands into her pockets as he approaches her, her eyes moving to that piece of paper. Back to him she looks as he offers the paper, and she reaches out to grasp it gently. She looks it over, her thin brows furrowing. "Again… I can't say I'll find everyone of them. Or that my friends will even ever have heard of them. But this is all I can offer." She looks to him, her eyes only lifting. "I can reach out and I can try. I hope it turns out aces for ya." She says with a nod. She looks over the names, turning over the paper a moment. In her mind she has the names memorized, not that it does a whole lot of good right now.

Daisy, Jemma, Alphonso, Lance, Bobbi, Melinda, Phil, Elena, Joey, Grant.

She'll have to make a call on that last one. Whether or not to tell him about someone who could be an enemy. Who could still be alive. No, no that's not fair. He wrote down the name for a reason. She doesn't have the right to try and decide what information would be good for him to know or not. Carefully she folds the paper as she speaks softly "As soon as I've a moment I'll call the Compound. If they can give us some news, they will."

Her hands tucking once more into the pockets of her light jacket, she now follows him to Murtaugh Electronics and Security. She smiles widely the whole way there, rather enjoying the feel of the warm sun against her skin. Even if she is wearing more layers of clothing than she is accustomed to. Her body absorbs rays of sunshine… so wearing very casual things daily has become habit. The more skin exposed to the sun the better it makes her feel.

Karolina is of course ignorant to the additional energy traces that Lincoln picks up on. She's barely even aware of the scorch marks of the building. She's trying to get herself into the mindset of giving a good first impression, of making Corvus' show of faith worth it. Once upon a time she never imagined she would ever have to get a job. Not really. She lived in California… both of her parents were famous actors. Both starring on General Hospital. Anyone that knew anything about daytime drama (that's what actors call it, the rest of us call it soap operas) would know her parents' names. And she thought that perhaps she would follow in their footsteps. Do what you love, become an actor, get rich.

And then the night came when Karolina and her friends learned about the Pride, and nothing was ever the same for any of them.

She strides into the building showing utter confidence, having to remind herself twice to stop fidgeting. She's never even had a real job before.

"Good morning, ma'am." She says in a chipper tone, stopping just before the glass. And then her cheeks redden as she reaches up to depress the speaker button so the receptionist can actually hear her voice. "Good morning, ma'am. My name is Karolina, and this is my pal Lincoln." She motions to Lincoln with her free hand, keeping the speaker button depressed. "We were asked to speak to a man named Grady. Is he in, please?" Oh, she shouldn't have said 'pal'. That probably made her sound like a hick to the woman. She should have said 'friend' or fellow job seeker or something. Yes, Karolina is starting to think she's already messed up here. Between looking like an idiot and not hitting the speaker button and that one littler word.

Status
Not open for further replies.