3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
latest

"Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after."

slums.jpg

"Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

latest

"The Question."

[[ OOC - This will serve as the freeplay thread for Gotham City for members of the Epic Crossover clan. Interested in playing here? Join!

POST ANY AND ALL POSTS RELATED TO THE MOB WAR IN THE BODY PARTS THREAD NOT HERE ]]

Last edited:
Laura's eyebrow raised again, likely not for the final time this night. That was clearly not the way the sentence was intended to end, but she sure wasn't going to press the issue. A nice save, even if she wasn't sure Gabby would buy it. Wolverine glanced over at her younger clone, gauging her expression briefly before clearing her throat.

"Yes, right they are. That said...is there going to be anything else?"

@Indolent @OrlandoBloomers

"I'm staying here."

@C.T. @Indolent

Reactions: C.T.
She sighed. Context obviously required. "The Facility. I spent my childhood there, but calling it a home gives it far too much credit. 7 years of captivity, at which point the lead scientist subjected me to radiation poisoning to accelerate the activation of my latent mutant genes. My claws were forcibly removed, coated with adamantium, then forced back in without anesthetic. One of the only people I liked there was my sensei, who trained me and moreover, was kind to me. Of course, they didn't approve. The next time I saw him, they had coated something with a new chemical they created. A trigger scent, to throw me into a berserker rage and kill anything or anyone that moved. It worked." Even after all this time, her voice still carried a hint of sadness.

"My new trainer even punished me for it, for doing what they wanted me to. Eventually, the person who raised me like a real mother(or as close as they would allow) had enough. Whether it was guilt, or concern, or both...I still don't know. We tried to escape, I even killed the lead scientist responsible for most of my less than stellar upbringing. Even so, he got the last laugh from beyond the grave. He had planted the trigger scent on my surrogate mother." She shook her head.

"With her dying breath, she gave me my real name and a purpose. So now you know."

"...my sisters and I went through a similar situation. Sometimes I'm back there...in my dreams."

@Indolent
"..."

The hulking Piotr's features went blank solemnly so, devoid of emotion as he visualized in detail her history, piecing it together with his own experience. The Farm. The conditions he was subjected to following his resurrection. He could only imagine for the young Wolverine, no, he deemed she'd suffered worse. He wouldn't even dare begin to compare himself to her.

One component of his burgeoning feelings-- as a series of reaction to what he'd been told-- was the spontaneous want to proffer a hug to the young girls. But he knew better. Especially since he was familiar with the stock that which they hailed from. So instead he bowed his head deeply, and with a giant's gentleness to his tone, uttered a sympathetic "I am sorry" to the girls.

It was the best he could offer, any more would likely be intruding.
Illyana, who had been royally spaced out for a long time though still listening from her spot at the kitchen table, looked disquieted even despite already knowing the vague circumstances of Laura's existence. It was a harsh thing to forget once you'd heard it once. She almost wanted to chide Piotr for being oblivious. :|

Tracing a pattern in the woodwork with her thumb, she drooped her cheek on her hand and clucked her tongue idly.

"I lived on a Russian farm. Was not so different."

Her attempt at a joke, though perhaps it was misplaced. What wasn't so different was her abduction into Limbo, her subjugation under Belasco and his demons and her inevitable struggle back. She was to be fashioned into a killer slave in her childhood, too, just one born from magic and not science.

"I know why your dreams come. Nightmare is toying with you. The dreamspinner and the Dweller-in-Darkness, they of the Everinnye, the Dream Dimension... Many terrible things live there. People will tell you they are just dreams, they cannot hurt you, but do not--"

She paused noticeably, catching herself and doing mental gymnastics to avert where she was going with that sentence.

"Worry. Do not worry. 'Cause they're... so right. SO CORRECT."

@C.T. @Indolent
Despite Illyana's awkwardness, she did garner a slight smile from her brother as he understood her intent in the beginning and at the end. She merely had a difficult way of expressing herself... at times, though she could be quite clear when she aspired to be so.

"Little snowflake is right," he'd say, stepping in with his own words to emphasize.
Laura's eyebrow raised again, likely not for the final time this night. That was clearly not the way the sentence was intended to end, but she sure wasn't going to press the issue. A nice save, even if she wasn't sure Gabby would buy it. Wolverine glanced over at her younger clone, gauging her expression briefly before clearing her throat.

"Yes, right they are. That said...is there going to be anything else?"

"We've taken more than enough of your time and kindness. I thank you for letting me utilize your bathroom, Laura. It is truly appreciated. It was excellent meeting you, little Gabby," Piotr announced, his gentle smile returning to his features as he glanced to his sibling next, an amused brow raising--
"I'm staying here."

@C.T. @Indolent
"Sister, we should leave. We have over-extended our stay, I feel. You are welcome to come with me if you like."

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

"...It is fine. The past can only hurt us if we let it catch up with us. I've changed." Laura replied before adding: "And don't mention it. No trouble at all."

Wolverine paused, eyes flickering between the two siblings. Mixed signals. Not the first time she'd gotten those but still...would be helpful to know which it was.

usaTodayLogoBTTF.jpg

The Nation's Newspaper

Strange Anomaly Has Experts Baffled

Today at exactly noon GMT, timepieces all over the world stopped for a full minute. Not only that, it appears from preliminary reports, that everything and everyone stopped as well. People report a strange paralysis in which they were aware of the world around them but were unable to move. Religions and cults across the world are heralding this as the start of the end times or some apocalyptic event, and financial markets worldwide are in an uproar, with both the FTSE and the DAX halting trading for the day while the futures markets for the NYSE, NASDAQ, TSE, and SEHK are all wildly volatile.

Experts in Astronomy and Physics are baffled, so some are turning to other explanations - either some sort of divine intervention or, strangely... Magic. Special divisions of SHIELD and other international organizations focused on such things are working diligently on an explanation.

More as this develops​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: York
Eden Haller - Psyhawk

Roughly three weeks after the end of Body Parts.

She spent some time watching, worried about their reception of her. Her separated viewpoint giving her some protection. Finally he came out, got in a car. She followed. Eden chose him because everything she had heard said he was patient and kind.

b7ec6c56b33ab9e1d5689ada9fe75f5b.jpg

Finally, he stopped at a café. Here was her chance. She approached, nervous.

" Excuse me sir, a moment of your time ?"

@Indolent

Grady Murtaugh. Corvus

Things were busy all over town, being fixed and rebuilt. He himself contributed money and his time helping out. His stepsister had her hands full now in charge of Big Patrick's territory. She wasn't at the house much anymore. His other new friend, the former queen of hearts seemed to be still sorting herself out, with her father now in Boston.

Things were sorting themselves out. No sign of the signature criminals. Their last caper had brought in federal attention for all of the mayhem. Problems that should have been laid at the feet of the nepharious foot clan had instead been laid at theirs.

His business was booming and he had discussed with Lilly the need to add a couple of people. He thought of one right away. It took a few days to find her , at least what apartment building. He remembered she had a brother too.

He typed up a letter. For important things, he used Big Patrick's old college typewriter.

( Written on company letterhead )
(( Murtaugh Securities ))

Dear Blue
You have been pretty scarce since that last big party. I hope things are okay for you. I hear rumor has it you are good with wiring ? My security company is booming right now and it could use a problem solver such as yourself. I could also use someone who can answer phones and do light clarical if you know anyone. .

Anyhow, would enjoy chatting sometime if you are ever up to it!.

(Signed) Grady Murtaugh

(( The envelope is on company letterhead and was slipped carefully into your mailbox ))

@thatguyinthestore

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotham City. Just as the sun begins its descent towards that horizon.

Gotham has had its share of visitors in the past few years. Beings that, in all reality, had no business BEING in this reality. But after whole dimensions meshed into one a few years ago.. well there has been a lot of beings going places they shouldn't even know ever existed in a different universe.

Karolina Dean is one such being.

Darkness begins to take its place over the structures of Gotham, over its citizens. This is the time when many decide it's a good opportunity to get the hell off of the streets. While said streets are regularly patrolled by 'vigilantes', one never knows. Crime is rampant. And when the sun goes down (as it seems to do everyday), Gotham is reminded of that fact. So why in the world would tourists come here? Why would someone put Gotham City on their itinerary for fun things to do.

Some people just have little choice.

Karolina Dean is one such being.

From the west there approaches what looks like a streak of light in the distance. Against the darkening sky, however, one can see there is actually a whole spectrum of color within the streak. Colors constantly shifting and shimmering… and it's obviously not 'normal' light. It sees to flow and sway, as if it were actually water. And at the head of that stream of gentle light, what appears to be the outline of a humanoid. A woman, specifically. Towards the northern sector of Gotham City does the trajectory of the light seem to be, but it's not even really a straight line of light. It almost seems to be.. swaying.. as if someone were trying to make up their mind as to exactly where to go.

But at this point any large building will do.

The shimmering light seems to gain intensity for a moment as it dives down towards the Gotham Public Library, and it looks like it could crash right into the roof. But as it touches down, the light dissipates… and left standing upon the roof is a girl. Tall, blue eyes scanning out towards the city as she strides slowly towards the ledge of the roof. Her long blond hair sways gently against the spring breeze of the night. The soft wind isn't warm, but it's not cold either. Not anymore. The young girl wears a long sky blue skirt with dark brown leather sandals. Her top is a simple halter top, the same shade of blue as her skirt. A pretty flower/rose pattern along it, the top showing off her trim tummy and her bare arms. Upon her back is a forest green backpack, it filled with her clothes and some food. She is listening to some earbuds, them plugged into the iPod tucked into her back pocket. The song playing at this moment.. 'Jet' by Paul McCartney and Wings. She stops at the ledge, sighing to herself as her mind starts to wander.

'What am I even doing here… I should be with Nico… or gone with Molly and Klara… not.. not… in this city.'

Her body leans forward, her hands pressing to the cold stone of the building's ledge, her form leaning against it. She shouldn't let her mind wander. Because that's when the undesirable thoughts make themselves known. And she doesn't want them anymore. She misses her friends. The only real family she's had these past few years.

But most of all, she misses her.

An image flashes in her mind, and tears almost instantly are in the corner of her eyes.

'Xavin.. Xavin why can't you be here with me.. why did you.. have to sacrifice yourself..'

The last time she saw her fiancé, she knocked Karolina out. Doesn't seem like the kind of memory one would hold onto, huh? It's.. it's complicated. Karolina is an alien, you see. And her fiancé, Xavin, a Skrull. See? Complicated. Karolina's people were going to take her back to what's left of her people and pass judgment upon her.. but Xavin wasn't having it. So Xavin knocked her out and took her place. And probably sacrificed her life in the process.

'Stop it Karolina… just.. stop.. please'

She scolds herself mentally, her big blue eyes watching the city's horizon, as if looking for something.

'Still.. I so wish things were the way they used to be. The gang just running place to place. Running away. Loving just being with each other. Nico directing the mayhem that we were. Chase being a perv. Victor trying to impress Nico or modifying our toaster or something. Molly being sweet Molly. Klara beating everyone at video games somehow.'

A sullen smile draws across her lips as she thinks about her family now, her hands clenching into fists upon the cold stone surface of the ledge, her eyes closing as she now feels tears trickling down her cheeks.

'Why do I do this to myself? Why can't I seem to be able to move on? Everyone else did.. even the girls.. so what's my malfunction? Why can't I move on..'

Her sad smile eventually lends itself to a softer smile, the kind of smile you get when you think about love. Love is real.. real is love..

'Vic.. we first heard about him when future.. Gert.. came back in time and told us he was the ultimate villain. We tracked him down.. and turns out he's not a villain. Not yet he wasn't.. sure he's the son of Ultron… but he's a really sweet guy. He won't ever be a baddie. He couldn't do that, he's way to nice. The only time he's a villain is when he's beating on Chase.. but Chase usually deserves it!'

A wistful smile now draws across her thin lips and she chuckles lightly to herself, her eyes drawing down towards the city below her.

'When I first met Chase he hit on me hard.. like all the time. We even exchanged numbers, but I never went to any of those awful seedy motels he wanted to meet me at. But after we found out about our parents.. I really look at Chase as the older brother I never had. The older brother that has no common sense and less will to work. But he's kinda brilliant.. definitely brave, selfless.. and yeah easy on the eyes. Oh, and he has a psychic link with a dinosaur. So there's that.'

Thinking about that particular dinosaur, Old Lace, makes Karolina thinks about the girls. Since Old Lace usually ended up hanging around Klara and Molly. Because.. well if you were 12 you would want to hang out with a dinosaur.

'Klara.. she was born in like 1900 or something.. but she's 12. We went back in time.. what a mess that was.. we came across her.. and we knew she needed our help. So me and Molly convinced her to come back to our time with us. Poor thing was married, for God's sake. And her husband was so abusive. But once she got away from him, once she started becoming one of our family.. she's just the sweetest little thing. Her and Molly're practically sisters at this point. Which I'm so happy about. Those two really need each other, I think. Sure Klara has some… issues about certain kinds of people.. but she's learning to be more tolerant. She initially hated me when she saw me kiss Xavin..'

'Sisters.. Molly.. my lil Mol… God I miss her so much. She was the 'baby' of the group for so long.. of the family, that is. I love her so much. She has such a wonderful outlook on life, even though life has been pretty darned terrible to her. I know how much she misses her mommy and daddy.. even if she won't admit it sometimes. How many sunrises did we sit with each other for.. just sitting snuggled up with one another and watching the sun rise. Molly would tell me about the day previous or what she wants to do that day. Or her new ideas for our costumes. Or codenames. Or theme songs. Or telling me how cute icky boys are. Or gossiping about who is kissing who. Or talking about fashion or.. or just anything. She's just a little girl.. but she's seen so much already.. and she still wakes up each day with such a happiness, love and optimism for that day.. I really envy how she does that so darn easily.. I miss you Molly Dolly.. I miss you Mol...'

And that smile.. it drifts back into the territory of sadness.

'Nico…'

She sniffles softly as she brings a hand up to wipe away the tears from her eyes. Slowly she looks towards the ledge she leans on, her finger drawing little absent circles on it as she remembers her best friend.

'Yeah.. best friend.. that's a good way to describe my Nico. But she's always been more than that. I love her.. I mean I really love her. I mean I tried to kiss her once when I misread the vibes I got from her. I was so embarrassed.. but we were still friends. More than friends. Chase said I should go after her now that Xavin is gone.. but Chase is an ass sometimes. I do love Nico.. I wish she loved me the same way. But I'm not sure she ever could. So I'll just be her best friend.. if that's all I can be, then that's it. Maybe someday..'

"Yeah right."

She whispers as she takes a deep breath. Okay come on Karoline.. time to snap out of it.. everyone made their decision, so did you.

'I miss you, Nico. I love you.'

For a moment her body starts to give off a soft glow, just for a moment. She needs to get that particular instinct under control.. sometimes when she starts to get cold she shifts to her Majesdanian form for just that moment to warm herself. Her eyes look out towards the city of Gotham as she stands atop it's Library, and she takes another deep calming breath. "Okay gurl.. what now. Plenty of places ta slum.. yeah I can do this. I can survive on my own.." though she really doesn't WANT to be on her own, but that's the hand she's been dealt. And so begins the first day of the rest of her life..

"I never thought I'd live to see eighteen. Isn't that dumb? Every day, I look in the mirror and say, What? You still here? Man!

Like even today. I woke up this morning, you know? And the sun was shining and everything was nice, and I thought...this is going to be one terrific day, so you better live it up boy...

because tomorrow, maybe you'll be gone."
~James Dean (Rebel Without A Cause)​

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

It has been a while since he dropped off the hand typed letter to Blue, still no answer. Yeah, the last big party seems to take the hot air out of a lot of local balloons. Near as he could tell, the Bat had left town again and had taken Robin with him. Most of the rest were doing the same thing the signature villains were, laying low.

Not him though, there was plenty to do at night. He was fairly certain Gordon knew exactly who Corvus was... i.e. HIM. But, Gordon liked having a meta in his pocket. So, they developed something of a relationship did Grady and the Commissioner. Since the Bat had come so close to loosing another Robin, cleaning up the rogues gallery had fallen on Grady AKA Corvus to deal with.

Grady was financially well off, but not by any means rich. Not by today's standards. Since Big Patrick disappeared though, the numbers of certain Swiss bank accounts were made available to him. Well over fifty million in U.S. Dollars. Taxes automatically taken care of since his Father's death some years back.

It was evident that Big Patrick took care of business in something of a spectacular manner. Doll had said his books, once she went over them where something of a thing of genius regarding money management and investment. Everything regarding his books was legitimate. He disguised his illegalities into corporations and distanced them from himself and his family. He left legal paperwork divesting himself from everything of value they could find in the books. Leaving everything to Grady and Doll, to be managed by Doll until Patrick is declared dead.

Sooh, all that being considered, sometimes it was hard to keep his head in the game. Sometimes he lost himself at night, patrolling. It became relaxing most of the time. He didn't think about Raylene, or Doll, or Big Patrick. Out here he was Corvus. Out here he only had physical worries, i.e. not being killed by some Rogue.

He pummeled some knot head bent on breaking into a store and robbing it. Grady left the young banger zip tied for Gordon's people. it was then he noticed the beautiful light heading towards the Library. He had received from Shield, courtesy one Tony Stark a flying belt. It took him a month of practice to master it. Yeah, but that too was a message. Shield, and possibly Stark, knew who he was. Another reason to keep his damned hands clean.

Luckily whatever technology the flying belt used, it was quiet. It generally had about 8 hours of flight time, maybe 120 miles an hour max. But it was better than climbing up the sides of buildings.

He moved up and watched for the light, it was a person. A woman, and she hadn't yet noticed him. Nor, he figured, was she doing anything wrong, aside from trespassing, pfft which everyone did in Gotham.

" Excuse me Ma'am, do you need any help ? "

(( As a point of reference, he, Corvus is dressed in black and red leather armor not unlike Daredevil in the MCI. He is holding a stylized cane, engraved with cold iron and silver. A Raven's head at one end. He has a belt with lots of various pouches and pockets. ))

@ Camleen

Indeed she is ignorant of Corvus' approach, her mind to distracted by her own depression. Her heightening self doubt. The city looks pretty as the darkness more and more descends onto it, and finally she starts to wonder…

Just where the heck is she?

"Huh.." she utters softly, looking towards the skyline. Is this New York? Karolina rolls her eyes a little at herself. Looking at the skyline for some kind of recognition is pretty wasted on her.. since she has no real idea what the New York skyline actually looks like. Especially in the dark. But there is a big body of water.. maybe if she can spot the Statue of Liberty? That's a pretty huge landmark, right? Even at night?

"Ah!" She exclaims softly as she hears a voice behind her, and she jumps a little as she turns, her eyes wide. As she turns, her form seems to begin to glow a little brighter. Shimmering shades of sparkling energy cascading along her form, as if she were actually becoming the flowing (almost water like) energy itself. Her hands thrust out towards Corvus as she stares at him wide eyed, her palms directed towards him and her fingers spread.

Now why should she be on the defensive? All he did was ask if she needed help, right? Seems a friendly enough query, innocent enough. And he's a good guy, right? But.. Karolina has no idea who he is, and the last time a stranger asked if she needed help he tried to wrangle her into a prostitution ring. And that's no good. And this guy... how the hell has he been standing there? Oh God did he see her crying to herself!?

Her knees start to bend a little as the thought of just taking off comes to her. But she doesn't take off.. and the glowing of her form begins to ebb as she lowers her hands slowly. He's dressed like someone that.. well frankly he reminds her of the Punisher. That's the best reference she has for that kind of get up. Sorry, for that kind of costume. Uniform. Whatever. And Molly isn't with her to sucker punch him in the gut.. so she is careful.

'Can you tell my friends to come and get me so we can live on Leapfrog until we found a new Hostel?'
'Would you mind terribly telling Nico how much I miss her?'
'Any way I can borrow your time machine to see that sucker punch from Xavin coming, so I can avoid it, so I can make things right?'
'Know of any families of runaways looking for a token Tinkerbell?'
'Yes you can help me! You can tell me where the nearest Majesidanian embassy is! I would be appreciative, sir!'
'See I'm an endangered species now, so if you could point me in the direction of a safehouse, gosh that would be just super'

In her head. But when she actually starts to talk..

"I'm…" she starts in a soft, almost bewildered tone.

Oh the others would be yelling at her right now if she didn't assert herself. She frowns faintly at herself as she stands to her full height (5'9", if you're keeping count.. kinda tall for a girl) and her hands clench into fists at her sides. Does this guy have any idea who she is? Is he being polite because he knows she's famous? ….. okay famous is a strong term. Infamous? No, no that's not right either. In small circles she's known… why is she trying to figure this out? Now's really not the time…

She motions towards her side and behind her, towards the city as she speaks now in a more confident tone. Okay she tries to make herself sound more confident, as if she had the whole of her world in her control. "My name's Lucy In The Sky" yep, always start with your codename. That's what Molly always said, make them know how awesome you are from the start. "Can you tell me where I am? I mean.." she blinks as her hand now moves to her head, pushing a few long locks of blond from her eyes "I know I'm on Earth.. I've heard that joke enough these past few days." She says with a gentle, delightful little chuckle. "I don't know what city this is.. am I in New York? I know I passed Ohio today.." She says as she shrugs her slim shoulders, a kind smile upon her lips. Her cheeks are a bit red, from her little emotional breakdown before he came upon her.. though she has no idea if he did see that. And who knows if he'll actually be able to tell, with how it's getting dark and all.

Reactions: Gands
Grady Murtaugh. Aka Corvus

He lowers himself to a relaxed crouch. His Cane across his knees.

"Well miss, the is the city of Gotham, state of Delaware. I am called Corvus. You seem, a long way from home if you don't mind me saying. "

He noticed she seemed Shakey, about to flee, and seems like she doesn't have herself quite together.

" Can I offer to spring for some food, and a couple of nights at a motel ?"

@Camleen

Okay now this fella is going more towards the creepy meter. As he crouches down, she discretely looks left to right, as if to make sure she wasn't being surrounded or something. Call her paranoid.. but she has reason to be. Given her life and all. Her head tilts to one side as he speaks, her thin brows furrowing in thought.

"Um.. Delaware.. that's.. that's on the east coast, right?"

She did drop out of high school and all.

"Don't think I've ever heard of Gotham..." She says softly as now her arms wrap loosely about her midsection. She half turns from him, her eyes cast out towards the city around them. Okay.. she knows… okay she THINKS she knows.. Maine is like the only state up from New York. Up, ya know. North. On a map. It's higher on the map. So it's up. She doesn't remember Delaware being north of New York.. she seems to think Delaware is close to Pennsylvania… is that right?

She really needs to remember to get Google Maps on her phone or something. Or figure out how to use it.

With his offer, she looks towards him out of the corner of her eyes. "You wanna.. feed me and gimme a room?" A tone of skepticism in her voice, of course. Stranger and all, and older than she is. That's 2 really good reasons (to her) to be waaaaaay suspicious of him. She slowly turns to face him, now a smile drawing across her lips. "I don't even know yer name.. ya know nothin about me, so why would you wanna do that? Spend money on me? Is this a scam or something? Because I can like melt your brains and all. I've done it before."

No she hasn't.

But he doesn't know that, of course. She then blinks a few times as she realizes something. "Wait.. how long've you been watching me? Did you see how I got up here? You're not weirded out or anything? You're not like a Blue Meanie under that mask, are ya? Because.. again… melt your brains and all." She nods with that last statement, still watching him skeptically, suspiciously.

Lincoln Campbell had grown used to being thrown into strange places over time. At first, it was waking up in a Chicago hospital after taking a spell. There was also that whole incident where he had wound up in Flippin' Arkansas. He had no idea how that flippin' happened when he had only been grocery shopping in Walmart. He also still had no idea how he left that place. But here he was.. yet again in a strange place.

He might as well open his own business for winding up in strangest places. He sighed, not wanting to interrupt the conversation. Maybe if he asked he could find SHIELD and Daisy, if she was even here. He pulled up his hoodie and watched silently from a distance, as he saw her land as he was leaving.

lincoln_campbell_icon.png

@Camleen @Gands

Last edited:
Grady Murtaugh Aka Corvus

He sighed.

"You're right, just as easily you could be a villian who would like to know my normal identity. Okay, I don't know how to get past this, so I am going to just leave enough cash for a few nights hotel and food and a business card from a buddy of mine."

He opens up a pouch and peels off several bills and wraps a rubber band around them. Leaving them on the ground in front of him.

" Best of luck Miss Lucy"

He turns slowly around and starts to walk away.

@Camleen

In the back of her mind she whines softly as he turns to walk away, her eyes on that wad on money. "Oh… oh come on.." she utters softly as he turns. Well she offended him… upset him in the least. At least that's how she sees it. "I mean.." She utters under her breath once more, her eyes moving from his back to the money to his back to the money. Okay, stop being so mean, Karolina!

She glances over her shoulder just once, and then she goes into a light jog towards him. "Well hold on please.. I don't… I don't wanna upset you.." Ya know if this is a trap, she probably just fell for it hook, line and sinker. As she jogs slowly towards him she leans down and scoops up the wad of money. She gets up to his side, her big blue eyes watching him as she now speaks in a tone more to where he could actually make out her words. And her tone is a kind one, an apologetic one. "Please don't think I'm being ungrateful, sir. I didn't mean anything by that. I'm just…" she now slows her pace to a walk next to him, keeping her eyes on him. "I'm just out of my comfort zone is all.. I mean I didn't even know where I was till a few minutes ago. You have to understand why I'm trying to be careful.."

She now holds the wad of money out to him, still smiling kindly. "I'm not ungrateful.. I'm really not. But.. I mean we don't do charity that well. I don't wanna just be given things.." She doesn't do charity well, or perhaps charity isn't exactly something her and her little family has ever been exposed to for any length of time. "I don't want to just take your money, sir. That doesn't work in our world. We try to earn the things we have.." Except when you sit in your Malibu home all day while the oldest of your group goes out and gets a job just so you can have some food on the table. But that's different.. probably..

"And.." She now smiles sheepishly, her thin shoulders shrugging upwards a little. Her free hand comes up and she makes little dipping motions with her finger with each syllable she speaks. "It's actually Lucy In The Sky…not just Lucy.. it's… it's a reference… to a song… and all." Huh.. is she rambling now? And when has it ever made a difference if people use the whole stupid codename?

And as they are walking, they get to the other end of the roof. She glances down towards the street absently.. and in the street lights she sees another man. One looking up towards them. Huh.. accomplice? Yeah if this was a trap she would be sunk right now. She motions down towards Lincoln with her head, her long hair swaying gently as she does. "Is he a friend of yours, sir?"

Lincoln could tell that the two of them were conversing... but to be honest, he couldn't make heads or tails on what they were saying. It might have everything to do with the fact that he was on the ground and they were up on a roof. He also didn't immediately realize that she was pointing to him for a good second or two. He cursed a little under his breath. God, the head chewing he would get if Daisy or any of the rest of the agents found out that he had failed at hiding in plain sight. " Please don't come... please don't come down..."

@Gands @Camleen

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus.

"Believe me, this not a city to take precautions lightly. My sister was abducted once. There are some nasty characters here. I'd say you were pretty fortunate so far. "

He pauses for a moment, casually looking down at Lincoln.

"No, I work mostly alone, though I have a friend or two that I can rely on in town. Whoever he is, he probably caught your light show earlier."

He then looked at the money and back up at her.

"So, what kind of work can you do, when you work? And, you said we, are there more of you ? Lastly, are you concerned about him ?

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9

Karolina's head bows down a little as he mentions his sister, her brows furrowing a little. His sister.. he doesn't mention whether or not things turned out okay. She hopes she can remember to ask him about it when it's more appropriate. She doesn't even know the guy's name...

She follows his gaze towards Lincoln, kind of leaning over the ledge as she does. She stands once more as she tucks a few strands of hair delicately behind her ear, and she shakes her head a little. "Third question first, sir. I'm not.. I mean scared or anything. He looks more like he needs help.. so..." Karolina looks towards Corvus as she sets the wad of money on the ledge carefully. "I'll make sure he's okay. Yeah he probably caught the… the light show…" she says sheepishly. "Now for the former question.. whatever needs done I can do.. I mean I've been an actress, but I can do a whole bunch of things. Little odd jobs, I mean I've had to learn to adapt and all.." She lifts a foot and presses it to the top of the ledge, and she pushes herself up onto it. She folds her hands behind her back as she faces Corvus, smiling as she speaks. "Hold that thought, sir. I'll be right back. Just need to make sure he's okay." She then takes a step back, and she starts to faintly glow as gravity takes her.

She falls slowly, though. She almost floats down, like a balloon just lowering itself down. She doesn't glow brilliantly as she did before. She exerts just enough power so she doesn't break all her bones when she lands. Because that's bad. She lands behind Lincoln, and the soft, subtle glow of her form dissipates as she speaks in a kind tone to him. "Hi there.. is my friend up there right, did ya see me come in? Hope I didn't make ya nervous or anything. He seems well adjusted to things like that.. how about you? You need help or something?"

It's obvious she's not speaking just to speak. There is a genuine concern there. She's the kind of person that would put everything aside to help someone she doesn't even know. It just comes naturally to her, that's the kind of person Karolina is.

And as for the trio of questions from Corvus.. she answered the first and the last.. but not that middle one. Intentionally. She doesn't know if he would even notice, and maybe that's also part of the reason she came down here. It's easier to avoid questions if you're farther away from them, it seems…

Lincoln watched as she floated down to the ground and he was surprised that she could do these things. Was she like him? Was she another inhuman? He hadn't seen another inhuman in this world, it was so weird and he wondered why that was. He hoped that she was friendly. He really didn't want to deal with stress or lose himself when he talked to her. " Yeah, I saw you land. It was quite the light show that you had. Trust me, I have encountered stranger things in my life- actually, I am probably one of those stranger things to be quite honest."

He looked over at her and sighed. " If I am going to be quite honest, I am a little lost myself. I have been here and around the world for a while, but I still haven't found anything or anyone that resembles my past," he said, looking over at her, being genuine and honest.

tumblr_nn8nsj2YO61qfg9xxo1_400.gif

@Camleen @Gands

Grady Murtaugh AKA Corvus

Grady watched the young woman float downwards and talk to the other fellow. He noticed that the young woman was very composed for a person not completely at her best. She seems to function well under those conditions. He gave the two a few more minutes before lowering himself to the ground not far from them.

"Hello there "

The fellow seemed athletic with an intelligent look to his eye.

He looked over at Lucy to check her response.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen

Karolina.. being who she is.. keeps a warm smile on her lips as she listens to Lincoln, her hands absently wrapping about the straps of the forest green backpack she wears. She smiles gently as he mentions the lightshow, and her gaze draws upwards as she speaks in a lighthearted tone. "Yeeeeah when I have to do that and it's starting to get dark.. kind of attracts attention. Can't deny that." She motions to Corvus as he descends near them, as if to make her point.

Her head tilts to one side as she listens to Lincoln.. he must be a powered individual.. but certainly not hostile. She just doesn't get that vibe from him. "Well.." she once more motions to Corvus as she continues "I don't know about finding your past, but this fellow seems to be of the city." She looks back to Lincoln. "You're in Gotham City, by the by. Just found that out m'self." She says with a gentle chuckle. "If you need help.. I'd be happy to offer aid. And.." she blinks as she remembers something. "Sir.. I'm sorry I don't even know your name… but the funds you offered me.. could I just give them to him? I think he may need them more than I do." She says with a nod, that gentle smile not leaving her lips. "I mean like I said.. I can find some way to make some cash around here. Someone must need something painted or cleaned or watched or something, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.