Jericho
The test was finally over, to Jericho's relief. The whole fight was so strange that he decided to forget it completely. As he was inspecting his pistols, a loud siren blared throughout the entire room followed by a surprisingly young voice barkind orders over the loudspeakers. For once today, he was not clueless as he recognized the various classifications for SHADES and knew that the situation was pretty dire. Reloading his pistol he was prepared to move out, after all that what they were supposed to do, but to his surprised they were told to stand down.

Jakob announced that some had not passed the "test" earlier and were dismissed. The rest were to be placed in a single team led by Falkyn and Emily. Jericho did not find this at all unsual; special operation teams were constantly shifted around depending on evaluations. What did surprise was their new assignment: team bonding.

Team bonding just... happened over the course of time spent as a unit. It wasn't something that could be done over some a meal. But there was nothing he could do as it was an order from Falkyn. They arrived at the shared kitchen, Falkyn and Emily looked ready to cook. Jericho had no cooking experience, so he found himself a seat, taking off his holster and laying down his Five Seven and his revolver.​

Reactions: Solunae
"Pretty sure you don't want anything on fire so I'll just be over here..." Simon didn't have shut for cooking experience unless it involved the microwave, and specific instructions on the box. But since this was the longest he ever went sober, he guessed that this was a good day. Nobody stuck him with a needle and these guys weren't annoying fucks. Hell, he even got to shoot balls of frikkin fire! Today wasn't half bad besides the confusing parts with the peppy queen.

He then stretched before taking a seat by Jericho, leaning back in his chair and setting his feet up on the table. "So is this like dinner or breakfast for dinner?" He wasn't gonna be picky over a free meal with no drugs laced in it.

She stood idly by as the other's were dismissed from the ranks. She was curious as to what was going on here - she'd thought Sybil had been honest with her the day before - that they were to form two groups. Maybe Syb was playing another joke on her - definitely would not be the first or last time that little Imp had pulled her chain. She was still stewing on what to say to Syb later when the call to arms came across the intercoms. She quirked a brow and looked up as a wave of alertness and anxiety welled up around her. She lifted a hand to rub her temples and slowly edged her way back tot he table where she'd left her headphones.

She found them through the haze of pain in her mind and swiftly pulled them on cranking the dial up to max and flicked a switch that emitted a subsonic wave. This wave pushed the emotions of others back and allowed her own emotions to surface. She glanced up finally to see Jakob explaining the new situation - watching his lips move to decipher what he was saying. Anger broiled up from within her. ~WHAT!?!?~ her own mind screamed suddenly not happy with the way this was heading. They wanted her to move in with everyone else??? Were they mad? Was this some sort of fucking punishment - this would be like torture for her. She decided to wait until the commotion was broiled down - and the others were moving on to their new 'Home' She took this moment to glare at Jakob only stopping when Maya gave her a reassuring smile and warmth spread from the woman. Mishka decided to do as she was told ~Work well with orders and others~ She thought with a mental grumble.

She headed down under the floor back to her own room and collected only a few of her belongings. She decided she wouldn't move everything - figured why should she? Knowing her luck she would be back here by the end of the week. The other's would want her out - she will do something horrible. She sighed as a wave of depression enclouded her own mind.

A few moment's later she was heading to the Eastern Wing, her eyes on the floor when she entered the group's new quarters and a wave of cold seemed to follow her. The others seemed optimistic but she couldn't really be bothered by their moods - her own depression seemed overwhelming her she barely looked up at the group when she entered. Looking about the room she guessed what was going on - they were making a meal she gave a heavy sigh and moved to the last unoccupied room and dropped her few things there before taking a seat on the edge of the bed. Her mind still trying to figure out just how long this was going to last.

Falkyn retreated to his room, then returned a minute later having traded his jacket and heavier weaponry for an apron reading: "Please do nothing to the cook" emphasised by the pistol still hanging from his shoulder holster.

"Miss Brineux," he said to Emily, calling his teammates by their formal names to show them respect. "Would you mind preparing drinks for everyone? If I brewed coffee everyone would likely be awake for the next thirty-six hours," he remarked as he began to make the batter for waffles. At the same time, he scrambled and prepared eggs, asking each in turn how they liked theirs. He focused on one dish at a time, first eggs, then bacon and waffles.

"Would somebody kindly inform Miss Vorona to come and claim her meal?" He asked the pair sitting at the table. "And leave her door open, so if she refuses the scent will get to her and make her come out," he stated with a slight smirk. Falkyn put together the plates for everyone, passing them out for the others to start eating. He guestimated the size of the portions everyone would want, but erred on the larger side. His cooking wasn't classical or refined or a proffessionally trained skill: but he had plenty of practice and time scraping together good food, and a lot of it.

Once everyone's plates were made, he made his own and went to join them. He sighed as he started to eat, the responsibility sinking in on him. He knew how to lead, he had to be close enough to them to have their respect, but far enough away to still hold his authority. He had to care for each of them, and fight tooth and nail for them, but must be willing to sacrifice himself, one of them, or sacrifice innocents. Spending lives was a horrible burden, and one he hoped he never had to take on.

Therefore, he was silent at the table, his eyes and face blank as he chewed through the food he'd made.

Emily… almost.. corrects Falkyn. The 'miss' part. She almost told him 'that's lieutenant Brineux.' But she didn't, of course. No need for that sort of thing yet. It's been a big day, and they aren't exactly the Marines, are they? This whole thing is just a small step away from being a wholly civilian operation. But that's here nor there. Besides, he has enough on his plate without having to worry if he's offending someone with title.

Obediently she gets everyone the drinks they ask for, addressing each in a kind tone. As she always tries to.. when she's not yelling at them on the field. But she of course notices Mishka walk away. Practically stomp away. She's empathic.. maybe she's not used to having to be around others so much in this regard. Her eyes linger in the general direction Mishka went, and her gaze then moves to Falkyn as 'dinner' is served. She didn't want a lot on her plate, not really. She glances to the plate reserved for Mishka, and she makes a little decision.

"Simon, Jericho, eat up. You boys are gonna need your strength for tomorrow." She plucks up the plate that is meant to be Mishka's, and she does something odd. She takes about half of the food from her plate and puts it onto her own plate. "I'll go talk to Shka, sir." She looks in Falkyn's direction a moment, making mental note of his body language. She's seen that before. Someone just realized they were really in charge of other people. It's quite a burden, the kind of burden that keeps you up at night. But as his second in command, it's her role to help him with that particular toll. To be the link between the squad and it's commander.

She moves from the grub area and down the hall holding the half plate of food. She glances in all of the rooms she passes, and she sees a light on in one of them. She takes a deep, calming breath and proceeds towards that room, assuming it's Mishka. And once in sight of the room she sees she's right. She stops just outside of the room, knocking on the doorframe as she smiles softly to Mishka. She holds the plate of food up as she speaks softly to her. "Shka. I brought you some food. I bet you're not exactly in the mood to be around a lot of others anymore today, huh?"

Last edited:
Jericho watched as Falkyn cooked up the meal, the aromas from the eggs and bacon wafting through the air. With the food prepared Jericho began to dig in. To his surprise the food tasted pretty good for someone who seemed unaccustomed to the kitchen. He continued to eat, the room filled with only the sound of chewing. At some point it had become a bit too awkward even by his standards. It was time to start of conversation.

Looking at Falkyn, he asked, "You know the foods surprisingly good. Where did you learn to cook like that?" Normally cooking was done my the lowest ranking guy or someone who lost a bet, not the team leader. Just from the few moments that he interacted with Falkyn, Jericho could tell he wasn't the average leader. He was surprisingly more personable than anyone he had seen the in past. Maybe it was a sign that the team could get along in the future. Maybe.....

"My money's on a woman." Simon looked at the food. Almost checking for drugs out of habit before he grabbed a strip of bacon when he realized he was being stupid. If it was him, he would learn how to cook for someone else. If it was just for him, he wouldn't bother.

And the food was good, so that woman must've been fed well.

Mishka was still rolling in her own depression when the smell of food started to trail it's way towards her. Bright blue eyes looked up as her door was still partially open with Emily now filling that gap. She was holding a plate of food. Strangely she felt a slight comfort from Emily, she was alright at guarding her emotional status so far. However the moment she opened her mind up to even one within the group - she would be bombarded by the others. Falkyn was feeling unsure - worry - strain, Jericho was feeling uncomfortable ... probably the odd silence and having to live suddenly with complete strangers. Then Simon ... suspicion. She had an idea that he'd been given more drugs than she had. He had an edgy vibe to his emotional status.

She blinked bright blue eyes realizing she'd left Emily standing at the door in awkward silence having been processing the information of the team so far. Emily herself seemed ... concerned perhaps. She shook her head - not in answer to her but more to clear her thoughts. She also fought to remember just exactly what Emily had just said - something about being around the others? Yeah that was it. She rubbed her forehead before brushing a few strands of her black hair away from her blue eyes. "J-just not sure how to do this." She explained and decided to open up a little. "I've been in ISO most of my life. Only ever had to interact with my singular partner - but now they want me to work with a group ..." She shook her head a little "I'm not sure if they want me to succeed or to fail feels like it could be either. Or both..." She rubbed her head.

"I have to make this group work or I'll be sent to Purgatory." That thought made anger flare over her uncertainty, suddenly the room seemed to get a little hot - even agitated. Her emotional state could actually affect the environment around her even more so than the other's probably realized. "Please come in Emily I would like to shut the door" Emily would feel a slight push from behind though no one was there - the moment Emily was through the threshold the door was slammed shut. Mishka sat up a little then and reached a hand for the plate blue eyes locking to Emily's eyes. "I - I need help...I don't want to go to Purgatory"

First, Falkyn looked to Emily, his second in command. "Don't call me 'sir'" he told her as she went to see Mishka. Looking to the others as Jericho complimented his cooking and Simon's reluctance to eat at first, he chewed through a bacon strip before speaking.

"Simon, I'm not going to load your food with whatever the guys back at R and D did. I'm not going to drug you unless you need it," he promised the teleporter. "As for where I learned to do this," he said, in response to Jericho, "Simon's got it right. For my last partner," he said without elaborating.

He glanced back as the door to Mishka's room slammed, and he assumed the girls were having girl time. He sighed, then looked to the others, "look, fellas," he told them quietly. "I'm open to suggestions here, this whole leader thing was dumped on me. So, if there's something I can do better, let me know. Critique me, because the tougher you guys are on me, the more likely we'll all survive because I won't make some boneheaded call."

Which, he was fairly certain he'd do anyway. On accident. And get them all killed. He blinked hard, losing his appetite as he thought about it.

Well she had gotten her foot into the door.. so to speak. Mishka relates how she had never really been exposed to a group like this.. and that makes perfect sense to Emily. The girl is obviously closed off socially from the others.. both from being in isolation most all of her time and the scope of her powers. Why make yourself miserable if you don't have to, and that means avoiding people sometimes. But in Miska's case, that meant all the time.

As Mishka speaks, Emily takes a small step forward, moving only barely passed the threshold of the doorway. Succeed or fail.. or both.. now there's a concept she's well familiar with. And as the very atmosphere around her seems to change.. seems to get thicker… Emily's eyes dart around her for the source. And after a moment.. she realizes the source is the young girl sitting before her. Slowly then her gaze drifts to Mishka.. so she's more than just an empath? More than strictly affecting another's emotions or being affected.. there can be physical manifestations of this.. that's a bit troubling.

At Mishka's request she does start forward, intending to close the door behind her. But a soft gasp escapes her lips as she is nudged forward, almost dropping the plate of food in her hand. Her gaze snaps to over her shoulder, seeing no one there but in time to see and hear the door slam shut. She looks back to Mishka, now moreso perplexed. Yes.. definitely more than just an empath. Mishka would now feel confusion and concern from Emily… but she does her best to suppress that.

Taking a short breath she steps forward, and she smiles softly as she hands over the plate gently. It's then she invites herself to sit on the edge of the bed next to Mishka, being careful to keep space between them. Not wanting to initiate any physical contact unknowingly, as she thinks that would upset Mishka moreso. She keeps her eyes upon Mishka's, a calmed and even emotional state once more in her heart. Despite her words. She speaks softly, keeping eyes locked. "Shka.. I've a secret to tell you." She leans in and whispers, as if afraid someone besides this young girl would hear. "I'm scared too. I have been this whole time." She nods a little and sits up straight once more as she continues in a normal tone. "We're part of an elite squad now, Shka.. one with a lot riding on it, you know." Now her left hand moves to her right wrist, absently rubbing it as she continues. "If they didn't think you would succeed, they wouldn't have invested you in this little outing. You're here for a reason, we all are." She says with another nod.

"Maybe some do think you'll fail.. maybe some believe you'll succeed. But who gives a damn what they think. The only one that you need to prove anything to is yourself.. we all know you got this. And in the times you don't.. well hell Shka that's what we're here for." She motions towards the door, in the general direction of the other members of their squad. "We back each other up. Just like you damn well stepped up during that little exercise. You got our help, Shka. You're not goin anywhere you don't wanna go. We'll make sure of that." She now motions to herself. "I'll make sure of that. It's to you to prove all the doubters wrong.. your handlers and that jerk Jakob."

A spike of anxiety a moment's breath of fear - Emily might have been thinking it wasn't such a great idea to come in here. After the door had slammed Mishka looked down and to the left feeling slightly ashamed of her own actions. She could read emotions - but never minds - so she was slightly startled when suddenly Emily was handing her the plate of food and then sat on the bed next to her. A wave of calm seemed to blossom in Emily and Mishka was actually surprised someone was taking notice of her own problematic state.

Emily started to explain her secret her own eyes locked to Mishka's and she held that gaze with an almost blank emotionless expression. It was odd seeing someone like her - of her age be so witheld and drawn. She could control her own outward appearence flawlessly - never letting on to what was going on behind the scenes so to speak. It was a little unsettling for some - she'd even been called an android before. Mishka didn't speak while Emily explained her secret and the way she was viewing things. She could understand where Emily was coming from but at the same time she didn't quite understand the motive behind it. Help her for no other reason than to help her? She was not used to close personal relationships, wasn't used to friends, or long conversations for that matter. Normally she was avoided all together. She let out a slow sigh and reeled in her own depressive cloud of influence. The room seemed to regain a normal temperature while she did this.

"Thank you Emily - I will try to back you all up as best as I can. Though I really have nothing to prove to myself." She finished and glanced down at the plate. "I-Im not really all that hungry right now. I think I may just need to go train more - or find Jakob for my medications." She quirked a brow suddenly feeling a rather annoying presence heading towards their wing. "Sibyl is coming" She said with a glum lowering of her brows she stood, "We should see what the little imp wants. Oh wait you haven't met her yet have you?" Mishka looked at Emily and gave a slight smirk "You may find her amusing." She turned and made for her own door. She was a little uncomfortable being in such close proximity with Emily - alone even. She wasn't used to people being concerned for her emotional status - other than to control it anyways. Emily had however given her much to think about. "Thank you.." she said in finishing.

She opened the door and carried the plate of food out to the kitchen area, she nibbled a piece of bacon from the plate while waiting for the devious little girl to show up. She barely caught the tail end of the boys talking but pretty much ignored them. Unless directly spoken to they would come to find Mishka a quiet observant kind.

It was only moments after that - that little Sibyl would show up. Her short black - violet hair pulled into twin pigtails on the sides of her head wrapped in fuzzy hair ties, bright ominous pink eyes blinked and the small girl smiled at the group as she entered. "Ello all!" She said cheerily before skipping into the room. Her heels made little clacks across the tile as she did so. "Settling in all right?" She smiled and looked at Falkyn "Seri sends her love by the by ... she said I could take a break from the observation deck since it's going to be ... somewhat quiet the rest of the night with the rest of PAGAN out on the hunt." She gave a devious little smirk "I mean they can all handle it without ya'll so you're all off the hook until tomorrow night:" She gave another little giggle "It's really sad I was looking forward to what Mishka woulda done had Chief let you all go out to play!" She glanced at Simon "And you to!" She shook her head and took a moment to giggle to herself for a moment. When she opened her errie pink eyes again she looked at Jericho and gave a sad smile at him before looking back to Falkyn then to Emily almost as if she was expecting what they would say.

Mishka trained and held a cold glare on Sibyl the whole while.​

Reactions: Greywing44
Jericho
Jericho continued to quietly eat his food as Falkyn opened up about being a leader. Another first for Jericho: leaders never opened up about their inabilities. He couldn't tell if this was a sing of weakness on Falkyn's part or a sign that he understands his role in everything. "You got it si-," he caught himself midsentence. "Falkyn." It felt weird having such an open leader he avoided all the formalities associated with the role. Most men gobbled up the opportunity to lead and have power, but Falkyn was different. For good or for bad.

Then the girls arrived form their little chat. From the look of it, the talk was deep and personal. He could hear the steps of another person coming to the dining area. Turning away from Falkyn he saw the overly excited assistant girl from earlier, Sibyl or something. Her cheery attitude was definitely a change of pace form the somber mood that everyone else had. Something else was off though. Her gaze and attitude toward Simon and Mishka were overly delighted, like a little child watching animals play in a cage. The moment Jericho's eyes and her's met, the look was suddenly gone replaced instead with a look of sadness, as if he was not anything interesting and ruining her fun. There was something wrong with some on the people here, he thought to himself.

Taking one last bite, he stood up to clear his plate. Ignoring Sibyl, he thanked Falkyn for the meal and walked over to put the dish in the sink. It wasn't until he was seated again that he addressed her. "So, since we aren't going on a mission, what's next for us?"

"Yeah, hurry up and spit it out you creepy brat." If anyone should be drugged, it's her! Her eyes creeped Simon out the most, like she could not only see his future, but his past as well. All those dark times, the drugs, the anger, the nightmares, and good god the blood.... Some doors you just don't wanna open. That's why he took whatever means he could in order to avoid Sibyl, even when he was drugged out of his mind and barely able to walk straight much less speak a sentence.

Simon glared at Sibyl, adding his own intensity to it as he pushed away his plate. As if the girl's mere presence ruined his appetite.

As Jericho began to call him what he just asked to refrain from being called, he glared at the man. He caught himself, and he relaxed and let off the man. He glanced back when he heard the door to see Mishka return to the others slowly nibbling on her plate. "Welcome back," he welcomed her, glancing back at his plate and starting to slowly eat a piece of bacon. Falkyn looked to the door next when Sibyl walked in. "Ma'am," he greeted formally.

"Simon," he said chidingly as he looked at the teleporter. While he may not like Sibyl, they had to get along with others in their organization. "Do you want some food? There's still plenty left over," he offered. The best way to pacify someone was a good meal, barring more physical means. However, when she mentioned Seri, Falkyn's face softened.

"We're probably going to do some more training, learn to work as a unit with our individual skills and abilities," he told Jericho, looking at the others. "And Sibyl, would you mind taking a plate to Seri?"

[BCOLOR=#ff6600]
Emily Brineux/Shadowveil[/BCOLOR]

Emily smiles gently to Mishka as she speaks.. knowing the girl is wrong. Well that's how she sees it, anyways. Sometimes the greatest obstacle to your freedom of life is yourself. "I know you'll do your best for us, Shka. I know you will." It would be at this point she would pat someone's shoulder reassuringly after all that. But she doesn't. She knows Mishka doesn't like contact like that.. at least not from someone she only know existed for a few hours.

She glances down at the plate of food, and then back to Mishka as she nods. "If you'd like a partner to train with, I would gladly volunteer. Or maybe we can get one of the boys for you to beat up on." Huh.. she just now realized the 'team' thus far has been the boys and the girls. That will have to change. "You let me know if I can help you, okay?"

She blinks and shakes her head a little.. the name isn't familiar at all. "Sibyl? No, I've not yet met her… amusing, huh?" She smirks a little as she pushes herself to her feet, absently brushing off her top as she does. "Well this should be interesting, if nothing else." She gives Mishka a few feet head start before she is about to head to the door too.. but that's why Mishka thanks her. She smiles gently and nods to her, saying nothing else to the girl.

A moment later she emerges behind Mishka in the grub room, looking towards the boys as they conversate. She looks towards Sibyl, keeping her emotions from her face. Straight up poker face now that she's back with her squad. She does glance to Mishka as Sibyl mentions her, and now she speaks in a soft, but a firm tone. "Shka and Simon were chosen for this elite team for a reason, Sibyl. You'd do well to keep that in mind, young lady." She keeps a stare on Sibyl.. she's not out and out threatening the girl for what Emily sees as a poor attitude towards her squad mates. She's not being aggressive. But she is giving subtle warning.

She starts to speak as she still stares at Sibyl, her gaze moving to Falkyn "I can make arrangements for some team building tasks in the morning, sir. We're going to desperately need it, as you've no doubt noted." She says with a nod, her hands folding behind her back as she stands not terribly far from the doorway.

Mishka remained quiet and watched everyone's reactions to Sibyl – set on edge was a good way to put how the room in general was feeling about the crazy little Seer. Mishka was pushing their emotions out of her mind or at least trying to – she could never been sure if how she felt was due to other's emotions around her or were of her own creation. Messages often got mixed and her head and part of her trying to sort things all out were a large part of where her migraines came from. She rubbed her head and nibbled on another piece of bacon looking for all the world as though she was disconnected from reality.

Sibyl hopped up onto the back of one of the sofa's and kicked her feet slowly her bright pink eyes blinked as she looked from each of them as they either replied or ignored to her in turn. Jericho wanted to know what was next, Simon was being rude as always, Falkyn was trying to calm the situation and slightly ignoring her, the subtle warning from Emily caught a disturbing look back from Sibyl her eyes seemed almost dead as she cut her pink eyes back at her even as her eyes are half shaded by her choppy bangs. Only after a moment – with still that look – did a small half smirk curl the side of her face ever so slightly further pushing the creepy factor of her even more.

However, coming back to herself and that overly chipper attitude she dropped down from the back of the couch and skipped over to Falkyn taking the plate. While still staring at Falkyn she spoke to the group "I don't know" –which was a lie- "I'm not your commanding officer – nor even your Brass Commander or Chief! So do whatever you all think is best! I simply … watch" She let a sharp peel of giggles out and then turned about face and skipped back out of the room with Falkyn's present for Seri.

Mishka rubbed her head and gave a little sigh Emily had made a good suggestion. Maybe they should head to the training rooms. "It seems to me that other than Falkyn none of you have had to work with any TAINTEDs before, perhaps it would be good if Simon and I demonstrate our abilities a bit more, or take on tasks that set you all against us two, fellow TAINTEDs are our intended targets more often than not after all. Or we can maybe watch the VID-Reels of what the teams out on mission right now are doing." She gave a slight shrug pulling her headphones from around her neck and up onto her head.

"What she said." Simon noticeably relaxed as he crossed his arms. "But personally, I learn by doing. Sitting around and watching vids of training just sound boring. First hand experience is always best." He then gave out a wolfish smirk, instinct tempering anger as he sensed a good workout coming. "Besides...I would so love to hand you trained military GI asses to you on a silver platter. Or...whatever Emily is. I'm leaning towards space ninja with that hot outfit from earlier." Confidence and excitement shot through him at the thought of burning off more energy. He wanted to move, teleport, fight until everything was pushed away. Leaving nothing but a warm buzz in the back of his mind.

It might not be the healthiest thing, but it was how he coped.

Falkyn sighed, again, staring at the ceiling. "What did I just say?" He asked the surface before looking to Emily. "Do. Not. Call. Me. Sir." He told her directly. While he reasoned it was an instinct to her, as most military types would call a lamp "sir" if they were in doubt. "Also, point of referance, relax," he told her. "Or do I have to make it an order?" A slight smirk came to his lips before Simon made his quip.

"Simon, please never say that," he warned, still staring at the ceiling. "The threat level goes spiders, SHADES, me, and the most dangerous beings of all are the people in HR. I'm scared of them," he admitted seriously, but with a joking undertone.

"As for bonding and introducing you two," Falkyn snapped his head up and looked to both Jericho and Emily. "I figure we can kill a couple of birds with one stone. Run some training where you guys can use your abilities and explain them, show them in action," he nodded at the two TAINTED. "Use that to teach, get some practical experiance in dealing with simulated TAINTED and SHADES, and maybe go out on some low level missions," he stated.

"And as for group bonding," he shrugged. "I figure we can all start working out together, and whatever else you'd like to offer, Miss Brineux," he said, glancing at his new lieutenant.

With that, Falkyn stood and collected the finished plates of those around him. He stacked them by the sink back in the kitchen, then started to clean them off and wash the pans he'd used to make their meal.

Lt. Col. Emily Brineux/Shadowveil
Her eyes linger upon Sibyl, having already a distaste for the child. Which Mishka no doubt would pick up on. But one needs not be an empath to see it. Her gaze then moves to the other members of her squad as they all pitch in their thoughts. She smirks faintly to herself.

Although they may not see it… this right here at this moment is a team building exercise. Emily recognizes it. They are all offering their best suggestions on how to become even better as a team, they aren't arguing or wandering off in all directions. They're really working together at this moment, even if it is just to brainstorm.

A brow perks up as she looks towards Simon… and she feels a small grin upon her lips, despite herself. Space ninja? That's a new one. "Thank you, Simon. I don't know whether to be appalled or flattered. Think I'll go with the former." She says in a very very very very very really faint joking tone. "And I'm a Marine, since you asked. A lieutenant colonel. Space ninjas wish they were Marines." Now normally she wouldn't react to Simon's words, or hint at joking with him. Not with a new squad. But once more… this isn't the Marines.

"Commander" she says as her eyes slowly draw from Simon to Falkyn "I don't think I was in the room when you gave that command. If I was, I sincerely apologize." She hates guys like this. Calling someone sir is literally like a second nature to her. And damnit if that lamp is wearing stripes then she's gonna call it sir! "It's my recommendation we all" she glances to Simon and Mishka as she speaks "Get a little rest. Come at this fresh. I think it would do us good as a group to do some friendly sparring. If we start to learn more about how each other moves in combat, then we'll be a smoother moving machine in the field. And the best way… in my opinion… to learn that is to try and smack one another around."

Simon clapped his hands at that as he leaned back in his seat. "Oh we're going to have so much fun. I can't wait. Beating people up is a hobby of mine." If they couldn't tell before. He had a few issues and he wasn't shy about showing any of them. "Welp, space ninja, cap, new guy, Shka, I'm gonna go get a new round of drugs pumped into me before the dogs come to force me. So, I'll be stumbling back in here after an hour or so to hit the hay." He got up, rolling his neck slightly to make it crack and loosen. He then turned and walked out towards the R&D lab, giving Emily a parting wink and a good look over with his two toned eyes before shutting the door behind him.

Even with this he knew that head science freak asshole will still pump him and Shka full of enough drugs to put down an elephant. No matter what those marines tried, that fact would be inevitable, so he wouldn't try to fight.

But if they ask him to teleport while under the influence, he'll tell em to fuck off.