Bleach: Fractured Souls (IC)

Soul Society
Seireitei - Division 12HQ
lp0wKKz.png

Looking at both Aiji and Ikeda, a clear look of annoyance was plastered on her face in regards to the later.

"Of course they don't explode! Though that does provide me with some interesting possibilities for consideration on the next models. And no, the last major explosions in the labs was shortly before my predecessor ..retired. Either way science comes at a cost and accidents still happen time to time."

Simpletons.

Huffing a bit under her breath it was still aggravating that she was expected to control this mad circus, of course yet another misconception had to arise. "Lieutenant Veritahl, I do hope all those coming with us have some tendency to follow the rules we are bound to. Given the nature, or apparent nature of our threat the Gigai would be rather useless, also a Shinigami using the gigai for more base or criminal interests likely would not be in position to use one either way."

Brushing that concern off, Kayami moves on to the next part the girl that brought up;

"I can only produce as many as funding allows. I do have other tests to run and the purse strings are already not so free. As to luck, I prefer tested methods.. I would rather more officers such as yourself had came, but my general task will be to find answers and trim our numbers back over to Soul Society as quickly as possible."

Still being wary of having so many seated officers in a vulnerable state did not sit well with Kayami at all, but the old man was likely not to listen without firm evidence of who or what was behind all of this. All she could do was abuse the authority granted to her to strategically lessen the chaos caused by any sudden surprises.

"Speaking of, I wish to wait till we meet with our contact before I give out any instructions.." The head of the 12th adds in to no one in particular.

Reactions: Akashi
dMjphf3.png

Wreaver walked with purpose, his mind almost exclusively fixated on replacing his damaged goods. He bumped into others, muttering apologies and nodding his hellos as others called out to him. His strides were long and some of the younger Shinigami that looked up to him struggled to keep up as they tried to talk to the distracted captain, often getting left behind and finding other things to do with their time, often being called back by their superiors to do some menial tasks that were often boring or difficult in the best of times, mostly to keep the youngers ones out of the way of the higher-ups, such as Captain Wreaver, even though he was usually approachable by anyone.

He began approaching the West gate and hung back, able to hear everything that was said to the others while maintaining his slightly solitary nature, he was sure some of them saw him, after all it's almost impossible to be his size and hide well, though it was possible. He listened and then as they all started to talk among themselves, he wandered forward and rolled his shoulders a little, releasing the tension that was almost always there when he was going to the World of the Living. He made sure that everything was secure and that his Zanpakuto was in easy reach, ready to be drawn in an instant if needed.

He eyed everyone around him and saw that most of the Captains were here, along with a few Lieutenants, making him wonder if they were here as a leisure trip instead of actually investigating, though he could also see some potential trouble of any arguments broke out. He stifled a yawn with the back of his hand and closed his eyes, breathing deeply before exhaling sharply, attuning all of his senses to the task that was about to be undertaken, even if it was probably going to be uneventful, he still felt his blood pump a little harder at the thought that there could be a fight just over the horizon.​

DQLl7aM.png
Most of the people if not everyone who were eager to get to the World of the Living were there, at the west entrance. Akira was more than ready to let them step through the Senkaimon any minute now, but it was much more important to clear everything up before they actually left.

It was surprising to see Kashiwabara, Hajime of the tenth division there. Like a few others, they were to take care of Seireitei while the others were gone. A rather deadpanned expression was plastered on her face. His entrance, and his words. She couldn't help but ignore him for the moment. If he was here though, Matsuo-san could probably handle the rest on his own.

While the other Shinigami present were talking amongst one another, regarding the Gigai and what not, the Lieutenant of the first division sighed once again. Shuzo, the Captain of the second division asked her something she didn't expect. A concerned expression was plastered on her face. Her eyes narrowed down at the sight before her.

Akira mentally facepalmed. "Shuzo-san. Did you not hear me just now? I was hoping you did. It seems to me that the information I've provided thus far should not warrant such questions from you. Ahem.." Clearing her throat, she had to repeat her words once again.

"Oguchi Taro is a member of the first division. He will welcome you all once you're in the World of the Living. You will not be meeting any random Shinigami when you're in Nagoya. The Senkaimon will appear in a fixed location. The Kidō Corps members behind me will see to it that you're safely there."

Having clarified the information once again, Akira turned to her side, giving the Kidō Corps members a simple nod. Understanding her signal, it did not take them long before a Senkaimon appeared. "And yes, a temporary base of operations have been prepared for you all by Taro-kun." Diverting her attention towards Kayami-san, she continued.

"As per in advance, your Gigais will be waiting for you there." A smile was plastered on her face, hoping they'd bring back something solid for the Captain Commander.

The gates of the Senkaimon slid open.

"Now then.. I wish you all the best of luck. I do hope we can end this rather sooner than later."

Soul Society
Seireitei - Division 12HQ
lp0wKKz.png

"Well then.." Glancing at Akira it was not clear if Kayami had so little to say as she had no interest or as there simply was not anything else to say. Holding her arms up to the side as if to shrug, Kayami does decide to at least try and have some parting words for those staying and crossing. They were all professionals so the typical pomp and bravado would be sorely wasted here.

"I'll have orders for when we cross over, do keep an eye out for trouble over here to those staying... To those going, I am to cut our presence on this side down as fast as possible while completing this assignment, I know many of you do not care to be lingering behind there with your powers contained.

Well there is no helping it, let us see where our missing comrades have vanished. Always remember, the unknown is not something to be dismissed out of hand, be on guard once we cross.. Well, don't be late! Or an investigation will be the least of your worries, heh."

With that and a wave of her right hand as if to say goodbye, casually walking away. Left hand in her coat pocket, the scientist steps in first, ensuring the stability of the Senkaimon as she closes her eyes briefly, this was only correct that she would go first. Feeling a bit strangely as her eyes open upon the other side, it seemed the seals were working to design..

Though unlike some of her compatriots, hiding her energy was not something she knew how to do, in part necessitating her using a gigai, if only time to time as needed. Another thing also seemed to be true, Oguchi Taro was here, or so she assumed them to be, casually resting her right hand upon her Zanpakuto hilt she lifts a single eyebrow, as if to seek affirmation. "Oguchi I presume?"

uRl9bI1.jpg

SOUL SOCIETY
SEIREITEI WEST ENTRANCE
KASHIWABARA HAJIME

Filled with confidence and positive energy, it all came crashing down when Akira-san ignored him. "Uh.." There were still many steps before him, he assumed, in order to reach the Lieutenant of the first division. Anyhow, he moved his attention towards a familiar face. A fellow Lieutenant, Tajiro Kenta.

"Oh, hey!" He walked up over to him, throwing his arm around his neck. "Tajiro-kun, I guess I'll be joining you to Nagoya city! Eh?" A rhetoric question escaped his lips, but he quickly moved over to a Captain - mainly Yasuke Noboru.

"Hm?" He began, taking a quick pause before continuing. "Yasuke-san, I just couldn't help but tag along." Hajime did consider the extra work his Captain would be undertaking during his absence, but at the very least, he'd make sure to return with something solid for his Captain.

"Uhh..." Hajime was unsure about what to say. "Matsuo-san will have no trouble while I'm gone." Maybe what he said was the truth, or half the truth. The wrath of his Captain was not something to trifle with. That smile alone could kill. Every member of their division very well knew about that.

Removing his arm off of Tajio, he scratched the back of his head. Glancing about, there were more than one Captain going over to the other side. This must've been quite serious, or so he thought. That alone boosted his confidence. What could go wrong when the away team was this ready.

However, Akira-san spoke up once again, explaining the situation to everyone else, but especially the Shuzo-san, the Captain of the second division. Nevertheless, he was happy to hear her talk, and for him to be up to date when they would actually get there. So repeating the information was a plus in his book.

The Senkaimon was ready. The team was about to enter. Kayami-san had a few words to share with the people. Hajime blinked at what she said. That woman was a weird one, and who knew what she would be up to when they'd get to the World of the Living. With that said, his trust in her was the same.

"Hehe." A smug expression was plastered on his face. She entered the Senkaimon, and he followed "Well, don't stay behind for too long Tajiro-kun.. Or you'll miss the chance to see what the world looks like on the other side." Hajime was referring to the Senkaimon. It would only stay open for a few minutes. It does take some effort from the Kidō Corps members to keep it stable and open.

Resting his hand on the hilt of his Zanpakutō he stopped right before entering. His eyes landed on Kairi. "It is a shame you're not coming with us Kairi-chwan.. But don't worry, I'll have some lovely stories to share over sake when I return, or during our sparring sessions. Maybe you can beat me when I'm not sober, eh? Hahaha."

"Well then.. I'll be seeing you soon." His ego was the same as ever. He did not give Kairi the time to respond, and thus entered the Senkaimon.

Now then, he was finally on the other side. Standing slightly behind Kayami-san, he looked around. The sky was blue as ever, just like in Soul Society. The air was different as well. It felt good being there. Eventually, his attention was diverted to the Shinigami they were going to meet here in Nagoya city. "So you're Oguchi, Taro-kun. I expected something else.. I guess you'll get your hands full now, hahahha."

"Seen ya around in Seireitei before. Name's Kashiwabara, Hajime.. From the tenth division.. but I guess you already know that."

A smile was plastered on his face. He'd beat up em hollows like there is no tomorrow.

Reactions: RedArmyShogun
yasuke-noboru-7th-div-capt-banner-png.153772

Yasuke glared at Lt. Kashiwabara when he addressed him by his first name which was blatant disrespect. Yasuke preferred to addressed as Capt. Noboru. "It's Capt. Noboru Lieutenant." He responded. The Senkainmon doors soon open and Capt. Yukimura was the first to step through. Before doing so, she had some words for those staying behind and those coming along with her. She explain that once they crossed over, all communication would be shut down and the away team be on their own. She stepped through the Senkaimon casually and right on her tail was the energetic Kashiwabara.

Yasuke cracked his neck and walked towards the Senkaimon. He was murmuring something about stupid limiters as he reached the gate and stepped into the light. It has been years since Yasuke had to the World of The Living. The last time he had crossed over, a war like no other fought before was raging on and the number of souls passing over was recorded breaking. So many spirits needed help and so many gave into despair and became Hollows. That was a century ago and irrelevant to the present, so Yasuke pushed the memory to the back of his mind as he came out the other side of the Senkaimon.

Yasuke was now in Nagoya, and the first thing he noticed was the smell. The scent of the air was different, nothing like the air of the Soul Society. The air smelt polluted to him, but it wasn't something that Yasuke would obsess about. The sky, however, was nearly as breathtaking as the one back home. After taking in his surrounding, Yasuke looked towards Oguchi Taro of the first division and introduced himself. "Hello, I am the Captain of the seventh division, Yasuke Noboru. I'll assume you're Oguchi of the first division." Yasuke was calm and respectful as he spoke to him. "Lt. Kanadzuchi said you'll be explaining things from here if I heard her right."

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the Soul Society
Seireitei / the World of the Living

"I'll be deploying members of both divisions with your approval, Aiji, to better surveil the Seireitei and the Rukongai in unison with Kenpachi's men.

Aiji frowned. Lt. Veritahl's informality in addressing him by his given name wasn't terribly proper; he may have promoted very recently, but protocols should still be followed. But the First Lieutenant's instructions interrupted any words he might have said to Kairi, so he clenched his jaw instead. But as the Senkaimon opened, he sidestepped over to her.

"You don't have my approval, lieutenant. My own second can handle it just fine and has orders to follow when I'm not around." People we're already filtering through the gate; he needed to hurry this along so he didn't get left behind. He placed a hand on her shoulder, his glance hardening despite the smile. "And please don't forget that you should not address me by my first name; we're not as close together as you are to Kenpachi."

With a pat on the shoulder, Aiji slipped through the Senkaimon and into the World of the Living. The air was thicker, somehow, and he felt weaker as he always did. Yet the Limiter was more a annoyance than anything; his reiatsu was not impressive to begin with, so any overflow from his body wasn't likely to affect the world around his so much anyway. He arrived toward the back of those coming from the Soul Society and immediately slipped off to a dark corner as per his personal protocol when entering the human world. Better to be hidden and watch from the shadows.

@Detective Zero

Reactions: Cush Almighty
l7R8QY6.png

Rolling his eyes at Kairi's remark on them looking good in front of the humans, Ikeda was hardly amazed by what he viewed as vastly inferior. Still, maybe his trip to the World of the Living would change his perspective on Humans. And if it didn't, Minori did say there were some cute girls.

The following to speak up was Yukimura. Blah, blah, blah, science. Yadda yadda lab rats, explosions, give me more funding. "More funding for what? Shit traps that don't work?" He wasn't sure if everyone knew of her little games, but she at least knew what he was talking about. Regardless she then began listing off warnings about the gigai use. She was—not exactly wrong actually given a couple that were coming along.

It wasn't long after that Malokai appeared. The man didn't say anything, though that was typical.

With some final words from Firsts' Lieutenant, the senkaimon slid open. As a few of the officers retorted to each other, Ikeda let out a sigh and simply strolled on through. The other side was—honestly kind of a let down. Those that had walked through first were already speaking to the contact, Oguchi, he presumed. Looking around, Ikeda didn't know what he was expecting, but so far, it wasn't blowing his mind. Though the limiter was interesting. He could feel it. It was like this weight on his spirit. He could certainly understand why it annoyed some of the other Captains, but as he said before it wasn't that big of a deal. "Blue sky, grass, air... Meh..." He analyzed aloud.

With a bored examination of his surroundings, the Ninth Division's Captain stood next to Noboru and turned his attention to Taro. "Well... where we going? I wanna kill this Hollow and leave," He stated with disinterest. It was amusing, two of the youngest Captains each with completely different demeanors.

Giving a shrug and a sigh, Kairi shook her head towards Lieutenant Kashiwabara as the man promptly left as soon as he spoke. "I see he hasn't changed... Eh, I'll sack him later." She then looked towards Aiji and faintly frowned, "Of course I was going to work with your lieutenant as well. Our divisions hold up the brunt of our reconnaissance, it's only natural to cooperate on such needed tasks.. Either way, good luck on the other side." Crossing her arms, Kairi looked off to the side and towards the sky, giving an offput look of annoyance, speaking to herself in mumbling, "Sheesh.. I forget half of our Captains aren't all that social.." Giving off another sigh to herself, Kairi turned to start heading off, "Time to go catch up with Kenpachi.. Hope she's not too angry with what I did still."

- - - - - - -

A small bit after as the away team was departing, the 2nd Division Lieutenant eventually arrived back at the 11th Division Barracks, followed by a few men from the 2nd. Looking around with one arm crossed, laying within a part of her attire's folds, Kairi raised a hand out to call out, "Oiii~... I'm back. If you're not mad at me still we can get around to figuring our course of action for our men. Don't want them sitting on their asses the whole time, right?... Kenpachi~?... I also did not do anything to Mio if it helps.."

SOUL SOCIETY
SEIREITEI - SOUTH GATE

Kallen Kurenai - 8th Division Captain
@RedArmyShogun | Mention​

Alone as a woman donning a Captain's Haori wandered by the grounds behind the South Gate, she looked to have just sent two hell butterflies away, their destinations to the two other Captains having been uninvolved with the earlier meeting to carry out Bayroad's orders. If her particular choice of attire was any question to anyone, that being it was either a shihakusho too loose on the upper body, or if she were to weasel it in for even a small while, clothing from the WoTL; this woman was also unusual by nature as she carried a visage of a fox, ears and all if they had three tails. Giving a wave and a small laugh towards a couple passerby shinigami that stood there for several reasons when they saw her, the Captain known as Kurenai was making her way back to rejoining the other two in wrapping up preparations. "My my how busy we will be.. Hard to say whether I envy or pity Kayami-tan having to babysit everyone like that.. Heh, maybe I could take the time to get actual archives from the 12th while she's gone.. No, that'd be quite rude, who knows what she might think of in retaliation." Giggling to herself, the young-looking woman smirked a bit as her fox ears twitched, "Much to do though... Oh the results, I want to know already.. Can't rush the present into the future however. Almost wish I could have gone. Would have more freedom to do that if I were below 5th seat.. No matter."

jmHU66L.png

Maekawa had family matters to tend to before she arrived at the Senkaimon gate with the others. She stayed in the back, silent as always with a neutral expression but some might consider her rather brooding. Some were too excited for this excursion while others wanted nothing more than for it to finish fast and get back home. It made her internally question why those that didn't want to really come along, were coming? Perhaps curiosity was enough of a factor to push one to explore the unknown.

Following the others through the gate, they arrived to the other side with a bright blue sky above them and fresh air. The architecture was the first thing Maekawa had noticed. The last time she had visited the World of the Living they were still using carts to pull supplies, and houses made of wood and stone.

Her Captain's Haori fluttered in the wind, the bell sleeves that were part of her special haori fluttered along with her hands hidden underneath. "The air is different here." It had a different feeling to it, as if it the energy in the air was weaker than the Soul Society.

-----------------------

Captain Matsuo Kazuma
10th Division | Wandering Soul Society
"My, my. What should I do to pass the time." Matsuo had not made it in time to wish his Lieutenant farewell but Matsuo didn't really try to move quickly across the Seireitei. He continued to walk at his steady pace with the smile still plastered on his face. The Tenth Division Captain could be spending his time doing paperwork instead of skirt chasing, but where was the fun in all of that? Instead of doing his duty he was planning on giving his kind Lieutenant the paperwork...mainly because Hajime had abandoned him to go visit the World of the Living.

Taking a turn around the corner, Matsuo was wandering mindlessly around the Seireitei now. He had no end goal in sight, just walking until he bumped into someone he knew or returned back to the Tenth on accident. Preferably the former to happen than the latter but such is the way of life.

yTEk4k1.png

Minori's lips turned up ever so slightly as Ikeda rose to leave, the typically passive captain giving a very rare, but meaningful, show of gratitude before bidding her to "hold down the fort". Will do my best, Minori thought to herself as she gave him a short wave, the boy gone in a flash of shunpo. She continued to eat the soup that she had bought for the both of them, savoring the taste of hotpot. She was more than happy to pay the bill, especially in introducing someone to a new food. Widening somebody else's palate was always a joy.

"L-lieutenant!"

Minori looked up from her food, her eyebrows raised in surprise at hearing someone shout her name. One of her subordinates, a kid just out of the Shin'o Academy with shoulder length hair and a tiny beard, slid into the booth in front of her, huffing, before putting his hands down on the table. She gave him an expectant look, lips slightly pursed, and he seemed to remember himself.

"Good afternoon, Lieutenant."

"Afternoon to you too, Shiza! Have some soup. What's the rush?"

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant, but this can't wait. The Fujiwara Ring... they're meeting tonight. 7 PM, at the Issan warehouse in the West 45th district,"Shiza said softly, leaning forward towards Minori with an earnest look in his eye.

The Lieutenant's outer expression didn't seem to change at all, as she toyed with a spoon, but the look she gave Shiza was one of a strange seriousness, though her polite smile stayed in place. She pushed her food away, putting down the spoon, and placed her hands in her lap as she sat up, head ever so slightly lifted up to look down at Shiza.

For some months now, there had been disappearances in the Rukongai, mostly from the outer districts, especially of young, fit men. There had been some rumors flying around that there was a fighting ring going around, where young souls - especially new arrivals - were picked up to battle in warehouses for the amusement of some nobility and other rabble, coupled with a betting ring. However, what had involved the 9th division was the fact that a friend in the Rukongai had reported that some Shinigami were involved as well, either in the kidnappings themselves or even fighting the unfortunate men in the arena. It had taken months of networking to get even an inkling of which Shinigami might be involved, much less who was running the thing. They'd been planning on doing a sting, but so far, pinning down where they were meeting was a real hassle. She'd been working extensively with a few departments already to try and get something off the ground.

And now, they might have a lead.

"How clean is the source?" Minori asked brightly.

"Not at all," Shiza chuckled nervously. "That's... that's how I know. They don't know I was transferred to the 9th. Uh, Mae was there too--"

"Ah, I see. I trust your judgment. Well, we've got very little time then. If they hear we know, getting another shot at them will be that much more difficult," Minori sighed. "Report to Third Seat Yamari that I will be mobilizing a few people, but I'll need some backup later for roundup, no doubt. That, and we'll need to get 'passes' too. Have her meet me at the South Gate."

"Yes, Lieutenant," Shiza said, immediately disappearing.

It figures that the Fujiwara Ring would convene right as most of our captains would leave, with Ikeda in tow. Life is never fair.

Minori got up from her seat, leaving money on the table for the food and walking off... before coming back to take a last chug of her bowl. With that, she hurried out, removing from within her haori a few black-winged butterflies to send a message.

"My apologies for the sudden intrusion, but I believe I might need some assistance with a mission. I know this is rather unorthodox to involve you higher seats, but this is an urgent matter which may affect you. If you would like to join me, please meet me at the Taguchi Memorial Park. If you are unable to meet, send back your butterfly."

With that, she released them and disappeared in a blur. As soon as she arrived at the Taguchi Memorial park, she sat down on a park bench and waited.

Of course, if you don't want to participate, that is totally fine! I just thought this might be a good event so we've got a little something something going on.

@BlueFlameNikku
@Detective Zero
@Artorias
@Kazuoka Yoshioka

Qpno2SH.png

Seiretei
West Entrance -> WotL
Akane chastised him for not listening. Shuzo tried not to flinch at the reproach, but he supposed that having a set place to meet made sense, and Senkaimon wasn't exactly what one would call subtle.

Which exactly was why he was now on edge. The possibility of traitors hadn't left his mind, and the idea of having somewhere obvious to meet wasn't right in his mind. He folded his arms in front of himself and gripped the sleeve unusually tight. He should expect an ambush, but he was torn between that and loyalty to the Captain of the 1st division. But then again, if shinigami were disappearing it would be wiser to pull as many as possible out to prevent any further troop loss.

Then the gate slid open and Shuzo hesitated going forward. Among the people here he'd no doubt look the lowest ranked, and slip by easily. He wondered what would happen when they crossed over. Something had to be over there. Traitors or powerful hollows would be easy. Shuzo just didn't like the unknown of it all. He shouldn't have agreed, but Kairi would have drawn too much attention to herself. It was time to step forward anyway.

He was through, and seemingly undisturbed for what he thought could be an ambush. He chose to stand next to the loud newcomer... something Hajime. Shuzo could muddle through with a last name, but he hadn't seemed terribly interesting at the time. Just loud. Would it be worth it to introduce himself as a captain? It was possible they might recognize the last name... but he would let them draw their own suspicions on that front.

"Shuzo Kagesutchi. 2nd division. I'm am pleased to make your acquaintance, but I would not want to linger here. While waiting for the rest of the group to be ready may be prudent... I admit I'd rather get a lay of the land first. It's been some time since I've been in the World of the Living, and I am used to working alone or in smaller groups."

Shuzo suppressed his reiatsu to minimal levels, opting to let the others appear stronger as per the plan. If the gigai were bait and recon, and he was backup in case something happened, it wouldn't do if he was discovered before them.

"Would you mind if I looked around a little with preparations are made?"

Oguchi Taro
Seated Member of the First
World of the Living
Taro had been waiting quietly for the Senkaimon to open. An abandoned warehouse within eyesight sat off in the distance and inside were the Gigai that had already been prepared and sent ahead by the 12th Division. Everything was prepared and he had the city laid out with where everyone needed to go. They would be broken into smaller groups, some in Gigai and others not, patrolling the areas where he had marked on the map.

The Senkaimon opened, pulling Taro out of his thought and causing him to stand up straight with arms folded behind his back as the group began to step through and get adjusted to the World of the Living. "Greetings Captains and Lieutenants. I am indeed Oguchi Taro and I know who you all are."

Captain Shuzo was the last to step through the Senkaimon and introduce himself, but left out Captain to which Taro raised a brow. "Yes, I quite know who you are Captain Shuzo. Captains aren't replaced often and well...you are quite easy to remember." He was referring to the rather obvious mark on the Captain's face. Everyone that was a Shinigami knew who the Captain was one way or another. "I would greatly appreciate it if you came with us to discuss the plan Captain Shuzo, the warehouse is where the operation will be held." He needed all the members of the group to be present, so Shuzo asking to wander around instead of listen to the plan was strange.

"Follow me please." Taro said before using Shunpo, heading in the direction of the warehouse.

Once the group was inside they could see a large poster board with Nagoya City Map pinned up with red markings covering the map. He clearly had a plan laid out, given to him from Captain Commander Bayroad. The gigais were laying on tables for those that would be using them, along with the dispenser that held the pill to get oneself out of the gigai encase of emergencies.

"There are three locations that need investigation. They have had the most activity in terms of missing Hollows and fellow Shinigami. There are nine of you, so you will be broke into groups of three. We don't have much to go on, so hopefully these three locations are close enough to give us any sort of lead on what is happening." Taro turned around to glance back at the group of volunteers.

"I wish I had more to tell you, but we are going into this rather blind and rather than risking the lives of weaker, unskilled members of our Divisions it was decided by Captain Bayroad that we should take this....unknown with extreme caution." He was certain that his Captain gave no explanation on why the Captains and Lieutenants were tasked with this, so their minds had to be running rampant but it was the most simple and basic answer of saving as many lives as possible by using the strongest members the Soul Society had to offer.

"Also because this could be a good opportunity for you all to stretch your legs and get a change of scenery for once. I'm sure paperwork gets stale after a couple hundred years." All the supplies they needed were laid out, organized and waiting to be used.

"Oh and if you do find anything worth reporting, don't forget to contact me here at our base of operations if you want to call it that." Taro had never run a meeting before, and to add on top of it it was to people that were all higher ranking than him. If anyone had any questions he would most likely be unable to answer because of how unknown this mission was.

Soul Society
-
World of the Living
lp0wKKz.png

Upon meeting up with Ikeda once more, Kayami decides to address his previous insult, half mockingly as she stares at him with a look of boredom to her face. "Oh but of course Captain Kazouchi. How else shall I rid the world of you unless I get more in my budget to make traps that do not fail? I do not go into your Division at all unless I must, never mind into areas that clearly say Authorized Personnel only, clearly written in red or black ink, with a warning labeling. Soul King forbid I try and protect my labs from invaders."

Finishing her triad, if he took the bait the conversation could be fairly interesting at least, but this upstart of a Shinigami only server to anger her further, Shuzo was also being treated as the leader of the group. Before she could say much however, the figure had settled the issue by taking them off towards a warehouse from the looks of it. Immediately heading off to inspect her equipment as best as she were able, Kayami keeps and evil grin to her face, letting Taro say his piece before taking one of the Gigai over for herself.

Finding a lab coat among the supplies, Kayami hurriedly throws it on, while grabbing various clothing from the pile she ducks off to the side, dressing herself, while the doll lacked certain aspects of a normal body, the clothing situation was one her science could not solve as of yet.

"Hmm.. Well, well, well Taro-Kun, I have to say at the least you are an able assistant, I wonder why I had to come here at all. I will say your plan seems fine.. Mostly." With a few final rustles, the Captain emerges from her hiding spot readjusting the coat for a final fit.

"I am not from one of the divisions more used to controlling or suppressing their power, I assumed this would be best for me.. Now as to the plan.. I cannot say I understand why the Old Co-err the Captain Commander picked me to lead this.. Well no that is not totally True."

Walking over to the map and gazing up at it, Kayami tilts her head to the side, lost in thought briefly. "I can say I agree with splitting up, such a large group and even the strongest of foes would hide.. My original plan remains largely unchanged from your own. But I would like to expand upon your own, we should conduct a patrol of the regions in question, deal with this from a Scientific approach.. One Gingai with each team, interact with the living where there is a need, be shadowed by the other two, or one Shinigami. I would prefer those that can give off a weak signature.. Either way the Gigai using Shinigami should be carefully protected or have a preplanned escape route.."

With a shrug as if to take in the movements of the body, Kayami chuckles briefly to herself before turning to face the others. "I have no intention of trying to control this Chaos. You all may decide among yourselves who goes with who and your orders among your own units are up to you. It is my preference we gain information and group up on a threat, keep in mind we are weaker here... Though still more than a match for most Hollow. At least report in any findings to Taro. Other than that, operate as you see fit. I know I shall."

Going back over to the table Kayami hums to herself, before opening one of the sealed packages, taking the contents and stuffing them into her pockets then grabbing a Soul Candy. "Well who cares to go with my little group? Also bare in mind, my goal is still to get as many of us out of here as soon as possible.. Ah yes, on that note, these Gigai are a new model that can allow us to swap turns in them fairly quickly if any arguments crop up about wanting to use one.."

Seemingly off handed of a Remark, she was sure the others would have a great deal to respond to between her and Taro.

Last edited:
uRl9bI1.jpg

SOUL SOCIETY
SEIREITEI WEST ENTRANCE
KASHIWABARA HAJIME

The change of scenery was satisfying in his mind. Maybe the others did not care much about the World of the Living, but this was the place they were to protect, before and after their death, that is. A sigh of relief escaped his lips. Shortly after, the rest of the away team emerged from the Senkaimon.

Everyone was there, and the investigation was about to begin. Oguchi Taro on the other hand, welcomed them all with respect. Giving them the neccessary information they required. Hajime glanced at Captain of the seventh division. Perhaps the Lieutenant did overstep with his words earlier.

Nevertheless, he would not be making the same mistake again, even if he did believe he'd be on good relationship with most of the Shinigami in Seireitei, which he was. However, he did, with a curious expression plastered on his face, look at the Captain of the second division.

Was he being secretive for some reason? Surely most of the Shinigami knew of one another, if not directly. Hajime sure did. Not paying him much mind for the time being, they were all directed to a simple warehouse. Once inside, the Lieutenant folded his arms before his chest.

Giving it a thorough look, his eyes landed on the ceiling. The blue skies were blocked off for the time being, and Oguchi Taro had prepared their temporary base with some clue as to where they should all begin. Placing his hand on the latters shoulder, he enthusiastically spoke up. "You've done well, Taro-kun. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this.."

Turning his head to the side, he continued. "And if Kazuoshi-san is correct, we'd take care of the Hollow behind this. Hahaha." Squeezing Oguchi Taro's shoulder, he removed his hand from it and walked away. Hajime was not wrong though. With nine people, and two being Lieutenants, this investigation was already over, or so he felt. How could it go wrong?

Once the Captain of the twelfth division returned with suggestive information about what they all should do next, he quickly approached the scientist. "Yukimura-san, I'd be happy to join you, but I'll be staying away from the Gigai. You never know when one of those Hollows might show up. I want to be at full strength when it happens." Even if per her explanation about how easy it was to get out of the Gigai, he just wasn't one to take any chances. Not because of the scientist and her experiments, but because he was eager to get into a fight.

"Hehe.." Scratching the back of his head, there was more for him to say. "So you'll likely not see me arguing about using a Gigai."

There was also something else he had to do, but maybe he'll wait with that. To let the Captain of the seventh division know that he was in the wrong earlier back in Soul Society.

Soul Society
Seireitei - Division 5thHQ > Lt Tachibana's location

@Doctor Jax
Yoshitaka takes a sip of his tea before standing up from his chair. "done" He says happily while gathering some papers. " uh... captain?" One of his subordinates says nervously as he sits in the corner holding a cup of tea. "Oh? Forgive me, i forgot you were there, would you like another cup of tea" Yoshitaka says holding up his tea pot.
" uh... no thank you , its just , uh .... the meeting" "oh! thats right, there was that captains meeting, i better get going " Yoshitaka says as he slips the papers into his sash. "captain, im afraid that you are to late" His subordinate says placing his cup of tea down. "o dear" Yoshitaka says rubbing the back of his neck. " i guess that explains why the sudden disappearance of the others spiritual pressures"

"Im sorry captain, i tried to tell you but you kept offering me tea before returning to your work" the subordinate says apologetically while bowing his head.
" was there anything else? " Yoshitaka says looking out one of the 5ths seconde story windows. " There was a request that came in a few minutes ago, but you were.."
" thats right , the memorial park" He says before heading down stairs and exiting the barracks.It takes him a few minutes to arrive at the location Lt Tachibana had spoken of in her messege.

"good day lady Tachibana"
Yoshitaka says taking a seat next to Minori. "forgive me for being late" He says handing her a purple flower. " you mentioned an urgent matter in your messege" he says looking around the park noticing that they were the only two there. "or was this your way of asking me on a date?" He says jokingly as he smiles warmly. "oh! That reminds me " Yoshitaka says pulling out one of the papers and handing it to Minori "your captain will be pleased to hear that we have granted a well deserved 10% raise in the 9ths funding, your division along with a few others has managed to keep there expesives at a minimum"

Last edited:
yTEk4k1.png

Thankfully for Minori, it didn't take long for at least one of the recipients to appear. She sighed with relief, knowing that at least someone had seen and answered her missive. Tick tock, tick tock, Nori. You'll have to take what you can get for this.

Of course, you don't really know what your plan is right now, anyways.

Captain Yoshitaka of the 5th division sat beside her, handing her a purple flower as he said, "Good day, Lady Tachibana. Forgive me for being late."

Tachibana stiffened, despite the gesture, and she took the flower with a grateful smile, tucking it into the intricate bun piled atop her head. She wasn't sure what it was, but she had never felt comfortable around the 5th division captain. Despite his extremely polite demeanor and easy-going personality, she couldn't seem to relax when he was around. She did her best to never show this apprehension of course, but her sudden upright posture perhaps said enough, belying her neutral expression.

"No worries, it's quite alright," she said.

"You mentioned an urgent matter in your message," he recounted, "or was this your way of asking me on a date?"

"Eh?!" Minori squeaked, mortified, as she rearranged the flower in her hair. She quickly recovered and fired back, "Ohohoho, you're such a joker, Captain! If I had wanted to invite you on a date, I would have you pay for a very nice restaurant."

Not to mention I've got a reputation to uphold, Minori mentally muttered. It was no secret that the noble was not at all looking for a ball-and-chain, much to the chagrin of several young, idealistic suitors mistaking her familiarity for interest. If anything, she delighted in intimidating those who would seek to attain her hand, and she'd prefer to keep that air of mystique.

"Oh! That reminds me," he said, riffling around before handing her a sheaf of papers, "Your captain will be pleased to hear that we have granted a well deserved 10% raise in the 9th's funding. Your division along with a few others has managed to keep there expenses at a minimum."

Minori seemed to deflate with relief, holding the papers in hand. Of course, it had been like pulling teeth to get Ikeda to pat attention long enough to fill out all the requisite paperwork, but now she could tell him that he'd have even less work to do. With this, she could streamline a lot of the workflow by hiring a couple of undersecretaries to do the more bureaucratic, time-consuming work.

"Thank you, Captain Yoshitaka. We... work hard to overachieve. Speaking of which, I'll give you more details on the mission I'm currently working on. The Fujiwara Ring has poked its head out of the water, and I get the feeling that we'll not get another chance to snatch them up," Minori answered, folding the papers and sticking them into a pocket inside her haori.

@Kazuaki Yoshioka[/b]

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the Soul Society
the World of the Living | Nagoya City Warehouse

Even though his last trip had been so recent, it seemed to Aiji as though it had been ages since he'd last smelled living air. Even as the other droned on, he felt his mind quiet and his eyes track the scenery of their own accord. It was better, being on his own. He didn't have to worry about coordinating with teammates, and there was of course the matter of keeping others safe. Pebbles crunched under his shifting feet, his limbs ready to lead him on a continued and lone investigation.

But no; this was a joint venture, and while he may have been lucky thus far, who was to say a sole Captain wouldn't fall to whatever plagued Shinigami as easily as any other? So when the others followed Taro down the road, Aiji did as well, if perhaps begrudgingly. As they walked, he opened himself, sensing for reiatsu of any kind. Yet nothing felt amiss. It was tantamount to a silent park; ominous and foreboding without any good reason why.

The First Division member issued instructions once everyone had gathered within the warehouse walls, and Aiji nodded appreciably, staring up at the map in contemplation. His crossed arms rose and fell in a deep sigh; the map showed so many points of interest, it was difficult to tell where would be a best place to start. Kayami began pontificating about her creation, as if they were the Soul King's gift to Shinigami kind. Aiji merely shook his head, wincing a little at her mention of those of the team that could give off a weak reiatsu signature.

"Whomever I end up working, we'll be going to the city park." He gestured toward the map, indicating the location that he had been during his last visit to the World of the Living. Instinct had tickled his mind about that place, and it did so again, the location leaping to mind as he considered where to begin. "There's something about that place that I've got to check. Anyone is welcome to come with me. Er … weak signature or no."

yasuke-noboru-7th-div-capt-banner-png.153772

With all volunteered Shinigami present, they followed Taro to a nearby warehouse. Once inside, Taro showed them a map of Nagoya and told them of the three areas that needed to be searched for their high level of activity, so logically they"ll be split into three teams as well. That was it, all the information they were given on the situation. "That's all we got..." He closed his eyes gave a low sigh before reopening them. "Well, this should have been expected."

Yasuke really didn't care much for a change of scenery or stretching his legs for that matter. He trained every morning right after waking up, not even putting breakfast first, the most important meal of the day. There wasn't any point in questioning Taro, he even said he knew nothing. After Taro finished briefing them, Capt. Yukimura took one the Gigais with an unsettling grin and quickly got changed. She thanked Taro for his assistance and went to expand on his plan. The three squads would use a Gigai to interact with the living when necessary and to protect the Gigai. Whoever would be in the Gigai won't be able to fight hollows, even a Captain would be useless in a Gigai.

Capt. Yukimura had no intention of arranging each group and would let them sort themselves out. It was for the best, they were all adults here, at least most of them and could organize themselves. When she made an open offer to join his her group, he immediately knew he wasn't joining. The twelfth division Captain was one of the most irritating Captains in the Gotei. Rarely did Yasuke approve of her science and more importantly her abysmal ethics, the soul society was fortunate she was more interested in technological achievement then biological. He also wasn't going to give her the opportunity to piss him off.

The next person to speak up was Lt. Kashiwabara, the one who rubbed Yasuke wrong earlier. He was first to take Yukimura's offer and stated he wouldn't be fussing over using the Gigai. Kashiwabara was more focused on exterminating hollows than playing with a doll. Then Capt. Kusanagi announced he was hiding towards the city park and anyone was welcome to join him.

"I'll be coming along then Kusanagi, that keen intuition of yours must be at work again."
He stated as he walked over to the captain. Yasuke had more than enough faith in Aiji, working with him on this would be a pleasure.

Reactions: Red Thunder
Qpno2SH.png

Seiretei
World of the Living
"Yes, forgive me for being a bit on edge. The Captain of the first division is not known for his extreme actions. As to you knowing who I am, it's the main reason I won't be in a Gigai today," Shuzo said with a small hand flourish to point to the left side of his face. "Ah, I am indeed doomed with these good looks."

He'd overplayed his hand.

Shuzo had been hoping that he could get a little more leeway to investigate on his own, but in the end he'd been told to sit down quietly in the corner and follow orders. He disliked it, but understood that in order for things to go smoothly people needed to follow orders. So Shuzo followed Taro with Shunpo, settling in to see the map as well as the people around him. Shuzo quickly tried to memorize the map just in case he'd need to navigate quickly.

He'd been surprised that the world had changed so much. It had only been... what a hundred years? Less than that? Since he'd been in the world of the living. He settled on seventy years or so, but even still. He would probably have to tag along with someone who knew where they were going.

The choices so far was Kusanagi, who wasn't going in a gigai as far as Shuzo knew, and Yukimura, who was unnerving at best and maniacal at worst. Shuzo couldn't get in a gigai without being memorable by the people in the Living World, so he'd take the lesser of two evils.

"I will be going with Captain Kayami. She seems familiar with the layout of the town and will be in the gigai for our team. As Taro-san pointed out, I am far too memorable to be in one, even if I should be taking one to help fill out teams. I can also suppress my reiatsu fairly well, so following the gigai would be my best position to be in."

He moved to Yukimura's side, waiting for her to dispense more orders. She wanted to be in control? Sure, why not. Shuzo had too little information to lead right now, anyway, and it seemed like he had lost favor with some of the group over his somewhat covert actions. Yukimura had a plan so why not follow her lead. If he regretted it later, he'd regret it later.

@RedArmyShogun

Reactions: Red Thunder