Bleach: Fractured Souls (IC)

tumblr_ou86tklTo51uwpz4ao3_540.gif

5th Division Captain Ishioka
Taguchi Memorial park
"Fujiwara ring?" Yoshitaka says with a curious look on his face. "then that would explain it" With out warning, he draws his tantō and lifts it into the air just in time to clash its hilt with a sword that was aimed for his head before letting out a relieved sigh. "Forgive me lady Tachibana" he says apologetically while he flicks his wrist, creating enouph force to send the attacker back a few feet. "I was a fool, to think these men were with you" He says just as a few more Shinigami's wearing mask begin to surround the two.
"This reminds me off a book i once read a few centuries ago" Yoshitaka says as he slowly stands back up to stretch.

"Would any of you would be so kind to.."
Before Yoshitaka could finish his sentence one of the masked assailant's
Steps closer and holds his sword up causing Yoshitaka to raise his hands up
" theres no need to resort to violence "
Two assailants keep there weapons trained on Lt Tachibana while the third gos to check on the Shinigami that was pushed back, who had started to scream as he clutched his arm. "that sun of a bitch broke my arm!" The man yells as he manages to get on his feet. " take the girl, kill the captin"

Last edited:
Reactions: Detective Zero
l7R8QY6.png
"Soul King forbid I don't like fixing your bullshit." With a sigh Ikeda remarked back to the woman. "I know my common perception is straight up lazy, but honestly, at least a quarter of you don't have any right to lecture me on professionalism..." Scowling at that, it was hard to tell if the young Captain meant that last part for Yukimura or just to his fellow officers in general.

After Taro explained the situation briefly, followed by the mad scientist, the officers began breaking into groups with Kayami's filling up first, consisting of herself, the last-minute tag-along as well as the Stealth Force's Captain. The other team seemed to consist of the new guy and Noboru. This was a pain—Ikeda of course didn't want to be on Yukimura's team, but he didn't want to get nagged the entire time he was here either. With only a few undecided left, there was little option.

"Yeah... I'll check out the third location with the remainder. I guess I'll use the dead body too, see if it actually doesn't blow up," Ikeda stated aloud, intentionally slandering the title of Kayami's invention. There was still the two elder Captains, so either way he'd be stuck with a veteran, but neither would be as big of a pain as his alternatives. Quiet judging was better than very vocal judging. Aside from that, there was still the points Minori made. While he did want to simply kill the Hollow off and be done with it, he also wanted to see what the Human world was about. He wanted to see what was so interesting about it, what supposed redeeming aspects Humans possessed. It would be hard to accomplish that secondary objective with people constantly on his ass about getting the job done.

World of the Living - Nagoya City Warehouse
lp0wKKz.png
Waiting for the rest to decide, she didn't expect much popularity on her side, for what that was worth, though two were quick to side with her, with Aiji also speaking up to lead a team. Deciding to address the others in kind;

"Lieutenant Kashiwabara, very well, I have just the thing in mind for one like yourself, who seems to look forward to battle. And ah, Captain Kagesutchi, you seem to have the same ideas in mind. Good, and don't look so tense, I can assure both of you will not mind what I have in mind... Well not much.."

Smiling thinly at Aiji's expense, he didn't seem to understand why she had requested for those who could hide or suppress signals to join herself. At least Shuzo seemed to understand, but given his division that was to be expected. Though she was curious whyAiji had picked the park, Noburu also seemed to wish joining him.

"Do as you wish, if your third does not wish to use the Gigai then we can leave the spare in reserve. As I said, I have no intention on trying how to tell some of you what to do. Well once one more speaks up for you that decides our teams at least."

Shrugging a bit with up lifted hands as if to show boredom with the Situation, Kayami eyes the others in the room. At least until Ikeda spoke up again, earning her ire. While she was going to allow his first comeback to go without response, this seemed to earn her ire.

"Oh, ho?" Smiling thinly in a her polite yet sinister manner she stares at the young Captain. "If only I had added such a feature. If I were to design something to explode, there wouldn't be anything to fix. But alas, do try and not laze about in that body would you? They actually do not have a pulse, so the humans very well may cart you off to a furnace for disposal. That would be such a waste... Of a Gigai that is. Also, if you wish to know the capabilities of them, you could set up an appointment with my third seat, while I know you are stuck in a mindset of two hundred years ago, I do have a main entrance and greeting desk with a storefront for a reason."

With narrowed red eyes Kayami stares at Ikeda before breaking off to the two who would be joining with her, with a sigh she didn't want to tell there orders here at all. But it wouldn't hurt to keep them all informed of her intentions at least.

"As to orders on my end it's fairly simple, I plan to do a bit of sight seeing. The residential or Business districts, expo centers are of interest to me. Don't be surprised, of course I had personal reasons to come here.. Either way Kagesutchi that is where your abilities come in use, as I'm sure you expected. The three of us will keep sporadic contact or with the use of those damnable butterflies, visual observation.. Kagesutchi between shadowing me you'll be on patrol off and on in our area. I will be using myself, in the form of attracting attention in the human realm and yourself as a weak Shinigami to draw our enemy into the open.. Which is where our combat ready Lieutenant comes in.

He will be a shadow to our shadows, ready to move in and cut off escape should something powerful be here.

I would rather you both act within the roles you are trained for and comfortable with in any case. All I really need in the case of hostilities is a minute or two to evade so I can make use of my Soul Candy. But if even that is beyond our team, I do have some alternatives, but I cannot promise I'll be joining the fight should I use them. We shall work together with my lab guidelines to learn the nature of the threat, to contain it, to destroy it, or to re-evaluate the information with Soul Society. I have no wish to be here for long, so much as to gain answers for a better plan. "

With that out of the way her attention shifts back to the others, clearing her throat.

"Also bare that in mind, these new models were made to pass by in the Human world more easily, you'll find them surprisingly sturdy, body warmth, breath, lot's of little things. They still aren't human, but they'll pass a first inspection at least and not crumple like tissue paper against human violence.. Of course that necessitates a better bond, coupled with my repurposing for the units to be able to adjust for a host of users rather than a few body types is not without flaws. That being chiefly that the Soul Candy can take a minute, give or take a few seconds to release it's grasp fully. The Gigai were mostly meant for interactions and Recon of the Human World, not for direct combat. Additionally even with the old model Gigai, just dumping them where ever could be catastrophic for the Shinigami in question.

In this case, oddly as it has a deeper spiritual connection, the Shinigami leaving it resets it to it's default form, allowing for a passing if you will. That is why they can be used so quickly, well if twelve hours is what you call quickly, otherwise a mod soul can retain the form for a few hours, if not used before then the Shinigami who controlled it cannot use it again on short notice... either way it does allow for leeway and less danger to ones own soul, the price of that is slightly longer time in turning back. I need a more efficient power medium to fully erase that technicality... There are a couple other features but I doubt I have the time to report them here and now."

With the lengthy technical explanation out of the way, she was curious if her harasser would still be willing to use one of them, smiling thinly at his direction to see if he would back out, either way that left the 2nd team with a possible Gigai, well if whoever went wanted it.. Her way of handling her team would likely not stand out well with some of them, as it was far less honorable than a full martial display, but it suited what they were here for. Yet another secret she had not felt to share unless prompted.

Last edited:
yTEk4k1.png

The younger Shinigami felt a twinge of chagrin as she realized that she had allowed herself a moment of reprieve. Not good. I thought myself safe because I was in the Seireitei's walls. How foolish of me. However, the moment of chagrin lasted but a moment. There was a reason Tachibana had been lieutenant for such a long time, and a few lower level Shinigami who thought they could get the drop on her were not about to frighten her.

Raising both delicate, manicured hands, Tachibana drew the sign for geki in the air using her right and left, remaining silent. She had cast the basic kido so many times that the movements were more habit than conscious thought. Two of the masked assailants froze in place as the third was dealt with by Captain Yoshitaka. The two young men at either side strained against their spiritual bonds as Tachibana stood up gracefully to stand beside the captain.

"Ill-advised, I'm afraid. It's not typical for them to be so sloppy," Minori said, shaking her head with disappointment. The remaining man quailed as his masked compatriots remained locked in place, and the lieutenant turned her dark eyes on the treacherous Shinigami wearing a bakugo mask. "What are your orders?"

The Shinigami turned to run, but Minori had already cast another wordless kido, a tendril of spiritual energy wrapping around the Shinigami's ankles.

"I hate it when they struggle," Minori mumbled irately. Suddenly, Minori felt a moment of terror as she realized the only reason why these men would have struck now.

Shiza. They were looking for an information leak. And they followed me.

"Captain Yoshitaka, if you don't mind, could you handle that gentleman?" Minori asked calmly, walking over to the other two and lifting a finger each in their directions. A flash blasted from each finger, and she released geki as her numbing finger took over.

km0piar-png.153086

11th Division Barracks --> Lt Minori's Location
"Oh, it helps." The flaming red head replies with a sly smile while exiting the barracks and out into the open tile floored courtyard. "If your so worried about what they go and do each one of your guys can take four shinigami from my division and form squads." Said shinigami were for the most part on the edge of the courtyard; primarily sitting atop the surrounding walls. "I'm sure you lot know more and better scouting points with all the hiding in the shadows you all do~."

"Now, about that spar." Just as the captain finished her sentence two hell butterflies approached one to herself and one to Kairi. She listened to the message, her face growing annoyed as it went on and finished. "Urgent this urgent that...for fucks sake..." Waiting till after Kairi finished listening as well. "I'll take it Minori contacted you as well?" She lets out a long sigh. "Come on, lets go. It better be something interesting."

She then yells out to the various shinigami. "You all have your assignments. Get moving!" They all respond with a quick yes captain and get to it. "I'll see ya there, Kairi~" With that Hanabi starts more or less casually running her way towards the park.

Reactions: Akashi
vKw0Ofa.png

8th Division Captain - Kallen Kurenai
@Doctor Jax @Kazuaki Yoshioka

Seeming to watch the whole ordeal from nowhere, Captain Kurenai eventually showed herself casually as she stood in the path of their escape route - if they truly believed the attackers could have escaped so easily. With them constrained from the Lieutenants actions, the fox woman chuckled softly with a soft smile, "My my, even through mishaps the 9th still pulls through.. That's good though... So Tachibana-san, what do you plan to do? I've received your jigokucho and felt I could help, as much as overkill that may be for Captains..." She let out a gentle cough as she looked elsewhere, only smirking as she returned her attention to the Lieutenant and the others, "I was on the way back from Bayroad's requested preparations, but I find myself free enough to entertain company... If it's information you need to obtain from them.. I am perfectly capable of... Extracting it. After all, my work involves a lot of information archiving... That.." Her voice trailed off faintly as her sapphire eyes glided over to one of the men, her nose twitching as she kept her smile up. "And I recognize one of their scents... One of my own, oh my.. That won't do. Not at all."

Even though the Captain stood still and looked friendly, one of the men she was looking at - had they not been wearing a mask - would look like they were frozen in place even without Minori's kido binding them, like they were being stared down by a vicious monster about to strike - the feeling of dread just behind death's door you know you're about to knock on. Her ears shifting innocently, the Captain walked up to the one she stared down, "So.. My little underling.. Was it you? Or perhaps more, that tried to tamper with files in my archive this morning?... Oh that just won't do~..." Before she got any more into it, her eyes shifted off the man and he visibly looked like a weight was lifted off of him even under the kido as Kallen looked towards the 5th Captain, "Ishioka-kun, I hope you don't find me ignoring you, I do wish you greetings... Good work on toying with these fellow men... Perhaps I may have a turn yet... Hnhn... What say you, 9th Lieutenant?"

yasuke-noboru-7th-div-capt-banner-png.153772

After Yasuke made his choice to join Kusanagi in searching the park, Kagesutchi decided to join up with Yukimura and Kashiwabara. One team was now complete, all three capable enough to carry out their assignment. They were lucky to have Kagesutchi, he was one the captains that didn't annoy Yasuke in one way or another. He wasn't a drunkard, brute, harlot, psycho, faker, or a jackass, just a professional who enjoyed caring out his duty. "Good luck Capt. Kagesutchi, I can't say I envy you in the slightest." he remarks as Kagesutchi walks over to Capt. Yukimura's side. "It takes brave souls to side the most eccentric person Seireitei, don't let her get too distracted by the living world."

Capt. Kazuoshi didn't care who he partnered up with and would settle for whoever was left behind. He also showed moderate interesting in one of the Gigais as long as he wasn't going to in up as salsa chucks, a fear Yasuke understood, no one wanted to be used as that woman's genuine pig. "Just do what you normally do Capt. Kazuoshi and things will work out fine. Sure, Lt. Tachibana isn't around so you might actually have to work a little, I doubt your team would want to cover your slack. Just use the Gigai and stay out harm's way." The only reason Internal Affairs hadn't fallen apart was all thanks to Capt. Kazuoshi Lieutenant, a surprisingly hard-working noble who was a little too extravagant, choosing to ride in a decorated carriage when a shunpo would suffice(and much faster).

Yasuke has mixed feeling about the young captain, he has an enormous amount of potential yet refuses to focus any bit of it. He's from the districts like the lot of them, but with him being a prodigy he received the noble's treatment when he left the Shin'ō Academy. The fools gave him 1st seat practically out the gate, all off the fact he was able to master Bankai before most even achieved Shikai. "The bar to become Captain is miserably low, Bankai speaks nothing of one's character or motivations." A thought he kept to himself. Yasuke didn't hate the young captain, he just expected much more out of him and to try much harder.

When Yasuke heard Capt. Yukimura's reply to Capt. Kazuoshi, he could only shake his head in disapproval. To Yasuke, that maniacal grin of her's was one delight, she loved bantering with Kazuoshi, that smirk on her face gives it away. "So as long as we're here, are we going to be forced to hear you two going go back and forth like a married couple, or would a better comparison be children? I expect such behavior out of Capt. Kazuoshi since that's self-explanatory-" Yasuke says as he looks Kazuoshi's way and then quickly to Yukimura "-but shouldn't you be acting a little more mature Capt. Yukimura? You're a noble after all, conduct yourself like one, doesn't matter if you're at the very bottom pile or the top of it." He tried his best to sound as polite as possible, but it was hard to hide contempt for the witch. "Or could it be that you see something else in him? Does he cause your stomach to feel up with Jigokuchō Capt. Yukimura?" The last question admittedly was a little childish on Yasuke's part, but that was an obvious tease. He even had a small smirk on his own face now which quickly receded once he became aware of it.

At one point in time, Yasuke liked the twelfth division Captain or at least had no problem with her, but after dealing with her for years, his view of her soured to the point he couldn't stand her. If it wasn't for her ethics, it would be because of that haughty attitude of hers, proof that Yukimura was your typical elitist noble. He never really liked nobles, they always took a little longer than other warm up to if even possible. He never spoke his mind much on noble, but his demeanor around them takes a noticeable change as if he can't stand their presence. At least Yukimura was an actual genius, Yasuke would be lying if he said he wasn't impressed by her description of the Gigais.

Reactions: RedArmyShogun
yTEk4k1.png

"I don't mind you digging around for information in his skull, if that's what you're asking," Tachibana remarked with somewhat cold politeness, not unaware of the jab that Captain Kurenai had pointed her way concerning 'overkill'. The Lieutenant prided herself on doing things the right way the first time around, and she would not have called upon their assistance if it were not dire. An attack on her person within the Seireitei's walls only added to her sense of unease.

The Fujiwara ring was wasting no time, and her gut was broadcasting that her younger subordinate was perhaps in trouble. While these men had been little more than nuisances to her and Captain Yoshitaka, they would prove a harder sell to Shiza. She prayed he was either in a group or had headed back to the 9th Division's offices.

"As to the nature of this meeting, I would rather we square away these fine gentlemen first before I disclose any sensitive details, though I imagine you'll get quite a bit more from your own subordinate," Minori said. "I don't know how much they know that I know. You know?"

@Detective Zero @Kazuaki Yoshioka

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the World of the Living | Nagoya City Warehouse

A hand rested lightly on Captain Noboru’s shoulder. Though gentle initially, it weighed down with intention.

“Come now, Yasuke; we can’t work together if we’re at each other’s throats. There are bigger problems.” Bigger problems. The notorious in-fighting between the divisions wouldn’t do anyone any good, and while it was harmless enough in the Seireitei, it was potentially deadly in Nagoya City. Aiji spoke amiably, smiling in kind correction. Yasuke at least he felt equal around. “But we should get moving, and soon.

“Will anyone else be joining Yasuke and myself?” He turned to the others, pausing hesitantly before proceeding. “We do still need someone in a gigai, not to mention someone else to accompany it silently.”

I don’t like this, his Zanpakutō whispered in his ear. And Aiji, for all his bravado, couldn’t help but agree.

tumblr_ou9ohumEiI1sf0uruo6_400.gif

Division 5th Captain Ishioka
(Same location)

During the commotion with the other attackers, Yoshitaka had managed to befriend the Masked man who had him at sword point. By the time Captain Kurenai had made her presence known, yoshitaka and the man had already sat down to enjoy a cup of tea. "i see"
Yoshitaka says taking a sip from his tea. "thank you" He says bowing his head in graditude. " oh!, Lady Kurenai!,how nice of you to join us" He says with his usual cheerful smile before returning his attention to his new friend. "once again, thank you for being honest, and i will be sure to take care of that issue"
Yoshitaka waves to the man as he stands up and casually walks away. He finishes the last of his tea before standing back up and walks back over to the two girl." it seems i have found a lead on your missing ring lady Tachibana" Yoshitaka says patting Captain Kurenai's subordinate on his sholder " its alright, there is no need to be afraid, your captain may be one of the oldest in the Gotei but she is not as strict as you would think" Yoshitaka says trying to cheer the man up.

jmHU66L.png

Maekawa listened silently as the children bickered on who would be on what team doing what. They were all Captains but acted like students that belonged in the Academy. A low sigh escaped between her lips as three teams were beginning to form, with Yukimara's being filled first. "I will be going with Captain Ikeda." She was short and to the point. Ikeda had already claimed the use of the Gigai so Maekawa would be following him to make sure he wouldn't get into any trouble or get sidetracked from the task at hand.

At this point however she wished that she was alone on this mission as everyone continued to play the passive-aggressive game against one another.

"Perhaps we should all get ready for the mission? Maekawa's haori was covering her entire body, arms locked together underneath the bell sleeves, her Zanpakuto hidden because of this. She took a step, only a few feet away from Ikeda and waited to see who else would join the groups before heading out.

"It appears we will be checking the Nagoya City graveyard." A red circle was across that portion of the map, and it would be a good place to start.

Reactions: Red Thunder
Qpno2SH.png

Warehouse
World of the Living
Ah, so Shuzo would be on backup duty as a shadow. That, at the very least, was easy. While he knew very little of the world outside of this warehouse, it wasn't hard to make himself look like very little. He wasn't the captain of the second division for nothing, after all. Though patrolling an unknown area was less than desirable, he was supposed to look like a fool. A weak one, at that. That part, he played regularly.

Kayami knew everything there was to the Gigai, and after being walked through the features -again, but in much more detail- had to admit there had been a fair amount of work that had gone into the things. "Most impressive. I wish I had the words to compliment it more fully, to be honest."

Might as well compliment the person in charge of the plan, here. It was well set up and accounted for unknowns. Plus having backup in case something went awry was smart. There really wasn't a point to standing around much longer than that.

"Well, since we're all set to go with a plan, we should set out soon. Messing around here for too long will only cause further strife if the unknown force attacks. We don't know what or where it is, lingering only increases the odds that we are ambushed. Please, Captain Kayami, let us depart."

@RedArmyShogun @Akashi

xZdzG08.png

With Cpt. Kenpachi (@BlueFlameNikku )
11th Division Barracks ---> Lt. Minori's location

Kairi grinned as Hanabi made the suggestion about their men, nodding in agreement, "With how worked up your men could get looking for action, it could take the attention away from my men to see what may lurk in the shadows. That's fine with me." And then there were the Jigokucho that showed up and Hanabi's retort about it, "I was looking forward to another spar with you too.. Oh well, maybe later before we enjoy some sake? Then again, we are supposed to be on alert." Shrugging to herself, the bluenette moved to follow at Hanabi's pace to where others were now gathering. "You know... That was impressive reaction timing when I grabbed you.. Maybe I ought to do it more often to rile out a good fight, hehe.. Just 'cause I do it doesn't make me a perv ya know~~"

vKw0Ofa.png

Captain Kurenai
8th Division Captain
Location with Lt. Minori and Cpt. Ishioka (@Doctor Jax and @Kazuaki Yoshioka )

With a gentle smile, Kallen looked over to Minori and looked at her square in the eye with a calm demeanor, before they softened and narrowed down. Her voice had turned smooth as silk, a sultry tone as venomously sweet as a black widow. "They'll talk alright.. As for your 'friend,' Captain Ishioka, surely you don't mean to let them believe you're so saintly as to ignore their clear transgressions?.." With a soft giggle, the woman turned again as her tails writhed hypnotically around as pulled her arms out from her sleeves, as they were concealed within her attire (crossed like this). Resting one hand gently on her cheek, the other supported her elbow as she hummed, "Tsk tsk.. This won't do.. Is this 'Ring' of yours that valuable you'd actually attack a lieutenant and threaten to kill a Captain? How adorably naive~... Had this been Kenpachi-san the three of you wouldn't even know you were already dead by her hands... Yare yare... Hnhn.. So tell me.. Was it really worth it? Provoking a beast? Hnhnhn~... You three will tell us what you know, there is no refusal.."

km0piar-png.153086

As the two ran together Kairi's word only continued to nudge at Hanabi's buttons. The red head's eyes narrowed but refused to look toward the lieutenant who in the captain's mind was really pushing her luck now. "You shouldn't go around poking someone who has no problem helping you out with that death wish of yours." A clear threat of course, something not unusual coming from Hanabi's mouth except the tone was icy cold and lacked her usual fiery body language.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taguchi Memorial park
As Captain Kenpachi arrived at the park she immediately approached and addressed the very Lieutenant who had requested her presence. "Oi, Minori...you'd better have a good explanation for this urgent crap." Clearly annoyed as per usual as is indicated by her tone and facial expression. Before even letting Minori respond, Hanabi turned her neck to her right and looked over her shoulder at the three clearly bested individuals and clear signs of a scuffle and ongoing interrogation. The captain not having sensed the three non officers, chucking it up to their spiritual pressure probably being so damn worthless.

It was also just before this when Hanabi had just arrived that she heard the fox captain use her own name as a threat. Admittedly it wasn't really all that false of a threat either as the captain sprouted a smirk from the corner of her lips; amused slightly but only slightly.

The red head turned back to Minori, cracking the knuckles one by one on her only hand with her thumb; now seeming a bit more intrigued. "So...what's up?"

@Detective Zero
@Doctor Jax
@Kazuaki Yoshioka

l7R8QY6.png
Of course, the scientist had a rebuttal. She always had a rebuttal. Always about wanting him dead or to fall in a pit. "Yeah... try to kill a fire with a bomb... Anymore great ideas, Miss Genius?" Ikeda wasn't very sure about how many knew of what his bankai was, though he surmised that most did. Not that he was trying to hide it, but simply that there was shit all reason to even use your shikai lately. Those who did know likely knew from reports of an academy student exploding a while back. "Oh, you have a problem with me snooping in your business when you lie on your reports? Wow, you know, it's almost like I'm the Captain of Internal Affairs or something. I could always pass that off to Minori, get a second opinion of how much of a pain in the—" With a roll of his eyes, the young Captain stopped short as another competitor of the shit-starting contest said his piece.

"So... work through getting nagged by people who shouldn't be talking and lunatics giving me more work to do... Yeah, I'll get right on it." It wasn't as if Ikeda didn't do any work at all. Sure, he was lazy and apathetic, but he certainly fulfilled his duties, even if only to not be lectured more. Honestly, it was to the point if he only got nagged because of his attitude and age. He got the job done, what did they want? A salute and a Yes, sir? Keep dreaming.

Regardless, Noboru went on to nag even Yukimura and insinuating a very, very unappealing thought. Somehow, Ikeda's typical apathetic gaze turned even more disinterested at the jab. "Not my type," He stated simply and without hesitation. The woman was attractive—to an extent, but she was crazy, annoying, crazy, arrogant, and most of all fucking crazy. "Regardless, if you want to switch places for a day, Noboru. Be my guest. Have fun in the deathrun." By now, Ikeda has his own name for Yukimura's little trap halls. Of course, the try-hard could go to her third-seat as the woman suggested, but if Noboru thought that was going to get anything done—Well, if he wanted to waste his time, so be it.

Soon enough, Tora spoke up and announced herself to his own team. This could be good or bad news considering her personality. Most of the time she was preoccupied with the Eleventh Division, but she had no such distractions here. Regardless, there wouldn't be much of his activities to watch on account of where they were going. Figures it would be the graveyard. Just his luck. Letting a sigh escape his lips, Ikeda murmured to himself, rather unintelligibly unless those around him were that keen on listening in. "The Human World is fun~ she said. Go meet some pretty girls~ she said. Go sightseeing~" It was a rather poor mimicking of Minori's very upbeat tone, but that was the point.

With a disgruntled sigh, Ikeda approached the spare bodies and began to lift one. "Alright... now how do you-" Raising the gigai up by the underarms, the young captain positioned it parallel to his own body and awkwardly pulled it unto himself, his spirit phasing into the material form. The gigai shot to life with strange wiggling, as if being inside one was akin to wearing unfitting clothing. "...Okay this is... really weird..." Examining his body as if trying on clothes, it performed as he normally did but it still felt foreign.

There was still the matter of actually clothing the body though and Ikeda began digging through the pile of spare clothes that had been prepared for the assignment. There was the issue of the boy not being familiar with the culture of the living so—Well, his choices in apparel would hopefully not be too interesting.

World of the Living - Nagoya City Warehouse
lp0wKKz.png

Glaring at Yasuke, Kayami clenches her jaw briefly. "Be Thankful, my fellow Captain, that I am not into genetic research as my predecessor, or I would find a volunteer to test that theory of yours on. Though maybe you have a point in part of what you said, even a broken clock is right twice a day." She spits out a bit acidly before shaking her head. Leaving the situation be, she didn't seem keen on prodding the man here and now. Even if from one of the minor houses, there was still an etiquette to follow.

Even on a would be vacation..

Aiji, Tora and Shuzo all voiced a like minded view on wanting to depart or at least to end the arguing. Closing her eyes briefly, Kayami then nods with an exhale of air.

"Very well, I can say I concur, I still say this is far too many of us in one place however. Be alert just in case, well Captain Kagesu-" Before she could finished however Ikeda had to open his mouth once more with a series of comments that did irk her a bit more. "Using explosives can effectively stop a fire, either by blasting away all burnable material or-" Stopping her explanation mid-sentence her jaw cracks slightly as a her friendly smile vanishes in an instant.

"Captain Kazuoshi, if you think all that may be in the Seireitei is our ally, you are a fool. And though you may have not seen them, there are things that can kill Captains. How else are we ever promoted, short of the occasional summons to Serve the Soul King? You cannot comprehend a majority of what goes on in my labs and I frankly do not trust your underlings with MY databases. Nor do I require your baby sitting, I've ran those labs longer than you've been a Shinigami and without major incident. Should there be something you need to know, you will know it. Otherwise your presence is only useful to test my defenses so I have the means of dealing with intruders."

Watching him enter the Gigai, she points a finger at the machine before him, or rather that he was inside of. "Those cost twice the amount of the production Gigai..." Of course he seemed uninterested in her words, muttering something about girls or the like. This was always the problem, it wasn't like her work had an endless supply of funds and power.

Watching him bumble through the clothes without clue or care, she sighs shaking her head, deciding to offer some advice. "Just find the Grey coveralls I seen, it's a one piece set with a hat and gloves, boots. It's common for Japanese Public Servants that keep the city Clean. For the regions you'll be in it's not out of place, even for a lazy custodian. Otherwise just wear what you like, we'll see how the Humans react."

Forcing her smile back, this was all rather insufferable, she had Loyally Served the Old Man all these years and he had no problem with her work, though he also knew a bit more than they. The rest were also like this, rarely asking about the means to make it, all too happily to use it. But this one was all the more insufferable, as he achieved Bankai at an early age and was in Internal Affairs he felt as if that made him second only to the old man in her eyes. A person who lazed around and had the attention of span of a zoo animal, being trusted with all her secrets, it would be the end of them all with how casually he took it all in.

"Now let me ask you all a little question here more so of you Kazuoshi, have any of you seen my Bankai at work? The Barbarians of the 11th have, they Know of my Bankai and you've seen the inventions I've made. Do you really think there is no way I could not kill some of you?

My traps as they stand are by and large safe for a captain, if not a hazard to slow them down. Killing a fellow Shinigami also carries a deep price even in my position. I am many things to all of you and to myself as well, but remember I also am a Shinigami. And for those reasons alone I cannot simply allow others to walk into my labs doing as they please.

That is all I have to say. Captain Kagesuctchi I agree we should leave now on our patrols. Lieutenant Kashiwabara, finish whatever preparations you may have. I'll be going out. Now."

With a slight edge on that "Now", it seemed Kayami was tired of the gathering, doing a final check of her clothing and pocketing a few Yen from the supply cache, she makes way for the exit of the Warehouse, sure that Shuzo and Haijime would not be far behind.

@EmperorsChosen @Karyra @Akashi @Cush Almighty @anyone else?

Last edited:
tumblr_oulayfI8NN1w19j07o1_540.gif

Division 5th Captain Ishioka
(Same location)​

" now now lady Kurenai, im sure we could ....( sees captain Kempachi)..
We can at least keep all injuries to a minimum "
Yoshitaka says holding his finger up . " the cost of medical supplies isn't cheap and after the menos incident last year, we cannot afford to rush to violence" fearing the worst for the attacker's Yoshitaka picks up captains Kurenai's subordinate and begins to shake him violently. " good god man!,
Think of the bills!"
He yells not realizing the man had already passed out from the violent shaking

" oh! Thats right"

Yoshitaka lets the man drop to the ground before pulling out another piece of paper from his sash.
"When you get the chance could you make sure these recites are stored in records, Lady Kurenai" . Yoshitaka then looks at the next shingami that was still awake " wait !, ill tell you everything!" The man yells, since he did not want to be a victim of the captains weird interrogation methods.

Kallen Kurenai
8th Div Captain

And
Kairi Veritahl
2nd Div Lieutenant
Soul Society

Kallen merely giggled softly as Captain Ishioka looked to continue to ‘save’ these poor souls, “Come now my dear, my methods are far from torture.. I could always hand them off to Captain Maekawa-san, Little Ikeda-kun, Lieutenant Veritahl or even Kenpachi-kun but two of those former aren’t here. I may be dead serious about this but they’ll give me what I want, perfectly unharmed.. afterwards they’ll have a comfy little cell in Maekawa-taichou’s barracks until the necessary channels can decide what to do with these fools..”

Looking away towards the man willing to talk, Kallen was upon him in no time, not allowing anybody else to interfere as she took him aside. While she did that, they looked to kneel by one of the walls and calmly talked. Kairi on the other hand, who was standing by Kenpachi’s side, pouted a bit as she looked to the 8th Captain, “What? No honorific for me? I’m hurt Captain..” she joked, smirking after as her attention went to her fellow lieutenant, Minori. “So.. You’ve gathered our attention, wanna cue us in on what’s gonna go down after these clowns spill it? Kenpachi and I were hoping to spar but that was sidelined. I hope this’ll be worth it.”

Kallen eventually came back with her arms in her sleeves once more, approaching the others, “Well once Minori fills you all in, I’ll show what I learned through a Jigokucho so we can begin our search.. Minori-San I believe you’ll enjoy it.”​

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
yTEk4k1.png

Minori rolled her shoulders as she looked to her fellow 1st and 2nd seats, grimacing with mortification at Captain Ishioka's antics. He's... far too friendly...

Returning to the matter at hand, Minori walked over, nodding her head respectfully to Hanabi and Kairi.

"Simply put - the Fujiwara ring, an illegal betting and fighting organization, poked their head out of the den, and are planning on gathering tonight. They've been kidnapping young men, mostly souls who've newly arrived from the World of the Living, and having them fight each other, often to the death. The winners... well, they're 'reused', for lack of a better word. It has been extremely difficult to pin them down, and this time we have a shot at getting in. I requested your help rather than send just my own subordinates for a certain reason..."

Her eyes lowered momentarily. Imada, you force my hand, because you were dealt a shoddy one yourself. But I could not help that.

"From the intelligence we've gathered so far, the head of the ring is the former 5th seat of the 9th division, who deserted while being investigated. His shikai is good for taking down other shinigami - unfortunately, for us. He is able to nullify all reiryoku within a certain area, about half a kilometer square. Had I sent a small team of subordinates, they would have been quickly overwhelmed by his own goons," Minori explained, gesturing to the three men who had been hired out to kidnap her. "But 1st and 2nd seats, obviously, are of a different caliber. I estimate with the five of us, he will only be able to suppress our combined reiryoku for thirty minutes, if he doesn't participate in the fight himself. Until then, we will be cut off from our shikai entirely."

Minori took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Here was the hard part.

"It will most assuredly be a trap. This information was intentionally leaked, and I was followed and attacked. We will not have much of an element of surprise."

@Kazuaki Yoshioka
@Detective Zero
@BlueFlameNikku

Reactions: Detective Zero
uRl9bI1.jpg

SOUL SOCIETY
WotL - NAGOYA CITY

KASHIWABARA HAJIME

In the World of the Living, the Lieutenant of the tenth division was eager to get the ball rolling. But then again, it was delayed with the young Captain Ikeda-san and Yukimura-san began to argue. Back and forth, they bickered. All Hajime could do was to steer his eyes from one side to another.

Fortunately, it was about time they stopped. Yukimura-san was ready to go. With the both of them, the Captain of the second division was to join as well.

"Kagetsuchi-san, Yukimura-san. I'll be sure not to disappoint you two." Bowing his head with respect, you could see the smile plastered on his face.

"We'll get this sorted out!!" Enthusiastic as ever, Hajime turned around, gazed at the rest of the Shinigami there. Not so long after, his team disappeared in a flash, making way to their destination to investigate. Hopefully, they'd find something there.

Using Shunpo with the other Captains, he was staying behind the both of them. "Yukimura-san, Kagetsuchi-san. Now that we're actually trying to get to the bottom of this issue.. What would happen if it isn't a hollow?" Just like the Ikeda-san, he too was always hoping it would just be some weird Hollow, but deep down, he was not entirely sure. Curious and concerned, his voice was serious to a point.

Hajime's enthusiastic demeanor was not there anymore.