Bleach: Fractured Souls (IC)

Yasuke Noboru
Soul Society - Meeting Hall

Yasuke was confident about the topic of today's emergency meeting. Shinigami have disappeared while patrolling the world of the living. Since Yasuke was the captain of squad 7, he's kept an eye on this ever-growing problem with one of his own going missing as well. Yasuke had now step outside of his squad barracks and took a look at the clear blue sky above him as his mind turned to possible reasons why Shinigami have been vanishing. "Hmm, I would love to have a simple answer like Hollows, but this is different. It could be...no, that's unlikely. How would the humans even manage to subdue one of us? Most of the living aren't even spiritually aware." he states while writing off the humans as culprits.

"Little point in pondering it now." Not wanting to get lost in thought and be late the meeting, Yasuke turned his orange eyes from the beautiful sky of the Seireitei and vanished with a shunpo towards the meeting hall. He walked into the meeting hall and took a quick headcount of who had arrived so far. Most people were there already, but by Yasuke's count, 3 other captains had yet to arrive along with 2 lieutenants. "At least Capt. Kuzuoshi didn't beat me here, that could actually make me look bad." He said under his breath as he took his spot in the lineup.

Yasuke remained tight-lipped as he waited for his fellow seated officers to arrive. He did, however, smell the alcohol coming from Lt. Veritahl as she chatted with Lt. Rei. Yasuke couldn't care less if someone liked to drink since he enjoyed one sometimes after work, but he's a firm believer that there's a time and place for such things. If Lt.Veritahl had already started drinking then there was a good chance Capt. Hanabi was drunk too. "I hope she isn't drunk again. It would just add to the ever-growing stain on the Gotei 13." he casually thought to himself knowing that voicing his opinion was unnecessary.

Yasuke had heard Shuzo question and gave him a quick response. "I personally don't know much Capt. Kagestuchi or I would have told everyone by now. Whatever we need to know will be revealed to us by the head captain."

Last edited:
Soul Society
Seireitei - Captain's Meeting Hall
Flashing into sight at the front of the meeting hall, Ideki released a sigh and pushed the doors open with nonchalant candor. "Aaand... safe," He commented aloud, likely referring to his escape from his Lieutenant's chastisement. Looking around, it appeared that half the Gotei Thirteen had assembled already. Company included several Captains and Lieutenants, of which the few that had arrived unfortunately consisted of some of the nagging of his peers. Predicting a remark coming on from—Well, it was inevitable that one of them was going to open their mouths to say something. "I'm not late, I headed over as soon as I got the message. My Lieutenant is taking care of some things and will be along shortly," He explained to no one in particular.

Proceeding inwards toward the middle of the hall to his designated placement, Kuraoshi let out a yawn as he rotated his neck from side to side. Glancing around, one of the Captains present was none other than a large part of his troubles. Internal Affairs dealt with a lot of investigations and paperwork and as such demanded the other divisions relinquishing reports and the like to them. However, the Twelfth division was particularly—full of complete and utter bullshit. It wasn't a matter of if the reports coming from research and development were altered but of how much of the documentation was faked. He was sure that a large chunk of the papers back in his office were Yukimura's fabrication...

Others of those who had mobilized were the top officers of the Sixth division, Maekawa and Tajiro. Sixth dealt with law and order, as such Ikeda found himself working alongside the division often. The Lieutenant was alright, but the Captain—Honestly, Kuraoshi wasn't sure if the only reason Tora wasn't on his case as much as some other officers was because of her having to deal with Eleventh all the time. She was also apparently a noble, so she likely wasn't big on some upstart from the Rukongai outer districts making it this far, more so one with his attitude. Then again, who knew? The woman had a total of two facial expressions so good luck figuring out what she's thinking.

Second's pair were there as well. Kuzo was someone Ideki knew well of, not personally, but he had seen him before graduating the Academy. He seemed nice and polite, but he was Captain of the Stealth Force so Kuraoshi wasn't going to trust that the man was all sunshine and rainbows. Plus, there was the fact that his Lieutenant fits more under Kenpachi's command. That busty amazon was always getting drunk and starting fights its a wonder that she's in the division she's in.

Then there was the new guy. Funny that Ideki wasn't the one who held that title. The man was definitely older but when it came to being a Captain he had been here all but a month. He didn't know much about him, but one more officer that couldn't nag him was fine with him.

Yasuke had also beaten him to attendance, the Captain of Squad 7. He was the second youngest Captain behind Ikeda and considering the nature of their divisions they worked together often with Sixth. However, precisely because Noboru is second youngest of the Captains and is just about the exact opposite of Ikeda, he's often the reason why the Captain of Ninth gets ridiculed more than he already does. Raising the bar only for Ikeda to stare at it and tip over the entire stand.

Thirteenth was in attendance with Wreaver. The old bear didn't much care for him, he could tell. Then again, he for the most part kept it to himself so it's not like the two butted heads. Sure, Ikeda could strive to prove himself as deserving of the Captain's title, but then again that would be more work. Besides, the old man spoke often of experience and age, but that was rarely what was used as justification for deserving. Most often than not, the Captains spot was awarded for the same reason as Eleventh's; power. Ever see a second seat more powerful than the first? Exactly. As long as you didn't do anything to label you a threat, you were golden. Think of Yukimura. Sketchy as she and her division are most of the time, nobody gives a damn and they likely wont so long as she doesn't try to make a gate to the soul palace or some ludicrous plot like that.

Speaking of Eleventh, their Lieutenant was present but their Captain—figured. People often said he needed to grow up, but Hanabi was a hag compared to him and was twice as irresponsible. Why was he the one taking all the heat? At least her second seat wasn't a psychopath. Ikeda thought they got along rather well, but then again maybe they just both were amused at how each other managed to tick everyone else off.

"So... Anyone have an idea what this is about? Usually meetings are given a few days notice at the least and then only half of us actually show up so..." Musing that aloud, Ikeda appeared to contemplate the reasoning before stating it aloud. "...Shit has probably hit the fan somewhere..." Finishing that thought, what would tell if this meeting was truly crucial would be if the rest of the departments actually showed up. If Hanabi walked through those doors not last, or at all, the Gotei Thirteen might just be looking at a world-class threat.

Hanabi could feel the various captain and lieutenant leveled individuals heading towards the First Division's area at hastened speeds. "Typical..." She spouted to herself as she continued walking along. If she were to possibly get there around the same speed as the rest of them she'd be sprinting down the various pathways which would only really succeed in making her look like some glorified messenger kicking up dust and causing people to fall over; which in the end would only give the other seats something else to complain to her about. She'd sigh angrily at the thought would would cause two passing shinigami to flinch and quicken their pace in the opposite direction the Eleventh Division captain was going. Hanabi ignored their reactions as such things were everyday occurrences now.

Of course by the time she finally arrived at the meeting hall most of the upper seats had already arrived were either ready or already discussing the matter amongst themselves. Hanabi could swear she could feel the animosity for her from the other captains and lieutenants as if it were a second reiatsu. Literally anything...Hanabi would rather be anywhere and or doing anything else than this right now.

She took her respective spot near her lieutenant; doing so she only looking towards Mio and Kairi whom were likely the only two she could actually have a conversation with.

"Mio..." Nodding to her.

"Kairi..." Nodding to her as well.

Both greetings were unenthusiastic to say the least but it was certainly more than the utter lack of acknowledgment that Hanabi was giving the others. It didn't matter what she did to avoid what was coming and she knew it. The only surprise would be who would rub her the wrong way first.

The captain was aware that there was a notable decrease in hallow activity given her division's position and was informed of the disappearing soul reapers some time after that. Of course, she hadn't given the issue too much thought though now it seems to be the problem at hand; thanks to Capt Shuzo getting right down to business.

Hanabi simply rolled her shoulders, cracking a few stiff joints; at least for now she had no reason to speak up.

Yukimura, Kayami
12th Div.
Seireitei - Meeting Hall
Listening to the other Captains and Lieutenants speaking, Kayami sighs at first, then just laughs out loud, glancing at her fellow captains. "Ahahaha! My, my, did a simple messenger show more creative thought than his Captains? How dull. We all know, or those of us who bothered to show up or currently showed up sober, should know why we are here."

Shrugging a bit, the view might be unthinkable to most of her fellow Shinigami, but the possibility of findings to challenge the Status Quo was a constant thing in science. "The Old Man will likely tell us more, but I heavily suspect the vanishing hollows and vanishing Shinigami are interconnected. Logic would dictate they have killed one another, or a third and unknown force is at work, either way something or maybe nothing has been discovered. Of course I could be wrong and our Dear Commander has invited us for some sort of public relations gambit. My posting is not in personnel or investigations, some of you here should know those numbers far better than I."

There were a couple other possibilities she had considered, such as the fact not much change had been observed in the arrival of Souls, but the circumstances that could be behind that were not to be discussed here and now. Looking across from her in the hall, it seemed the Barbarians were standing to her opposite, whoever designed this arrangement must of had a funny sense of humor.

"I have some further thoughts on all of this, and why all of us, but more I should not say for now. But of course I'm just a simple Scientist. Though I do recognize we all have a unique role to play in all of this based on our specializations." With her false pleasant smile still fixed to her face, Captain Yukimura was partly interested to see if any of the rest would have a rebuttal or if the Commander would arrive before it progressed that far, either way that was one mark on the annoyance side of things for her in this meeting.

Last edited:
Aiji Kusanagi
Captain of 3rd Division

the Soul Society
Seireitei

The level of intimidation Aiji felt simply being in the same room with some many captains at once was incredible, and he shifted nervously from one foot to the other. It was surprising, frankly, that Captain Shuzo had decided to sit beside him, as if Aiji was merely his lieutenant, and not in his own spot at the council. He seemed no nonchalant about it, too, as if it were completely natural. As if … as if it were where Shunzo belonged.

Oh dammit.

Of course that was where Shunzo belonged; Aiji had stationed himself at the wrong place, and Shunzo, he guessed, had been too professional to mention it publicly. The 3rd Division captain felt his face grow hot, and he glanced around the dimly lit room in a panic, terrified that others were giving him judgment for his mistake. But all seemed intently focused on the conversation at hand. Good; maybe shunpo could get him to his place without much ado. As Yasuke gave Shunzo a brief reply, Aiji bent his knees, arched his back, and disappeared, coming the next instant to stand at his properly place.

A bead of sweat trickle down his temple as he breathed a sigh of relief; it looked like he'd gone unnoticed. It was helped, maybe, that Kuraoshi and then Hanabi decided to show at that moment, and at last he relaxed.

Lucky, Kagami hissed in his head.

What was Kayami saying? Something about the Shinigami patrols and Hollows eliminating each other? Not a bad theory, except-

"The Hollows aren't being received as Wholes in the Soul Society," Aiji volunteered in reply to Kayami's suggestion. A Zapakutō had a duel purpose; sending Whole souls to the afterlife and cleansing Hollow souls of their hate and sin in order to send them to the same place. If the patrols and the monsters had been killing each other, the Seireitei would have seen an influx of souls from Kagoya City above the usual. But there had been none. "If they aren't being received, they have almost definitely just stopped coming to that area. Maybe running from whatever is killing or taking Shinigami."

He suddenly fell silent, embarrassed that he had said anything. But Aiji felt a comforting presence in his mind.

You did well.

Aiji smiled in gratitude.

Addressed: @RedArmyShogun

Last edited:
Soul Society Sereitei - Division 4 Barracks - Sugo Kyugo Tsumesho
"AHH FUCK! BE CAREFUL! THAT HURTS YOU PRISSY BASTARD!" Screamed the large brute of a man laying on the examination table. His right arm twisted behind his back and the shoulder blade bulging out of place at an awkward angle. His torrent of expletives grew in number as a pair of hands, glowing green with Kaido gently smoothed over the area.

"Now, now Ryuto-San. Is that anyway to speak to those whom are entrusted with your care and wellbeing?" The long-haired captain said with a tight smile. The air seemed to get thicker with the small comment and the 26th seat of the 11th division appeared to have swallowed his tongue before shaking his head in disagreement.

"You have received both a dislocation of your right shoulder as well as a severe separation of the ligaments connecting it to your collarbone. It is a simple fix, however I must firmly advise against any strenuous activity until it heals. That includes rigorous training."

"NO WAY! KENPACHI'll NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN AND I AIN'T NEITHER!" The larger brunette spat, like the very thought of time without training was vile.

Having been dealing with far too many stubborn patients for the day Kaede took a calming breath before he leveled the larger man with a serene smile and eyes like ice.

"Regardless of what you or your captain may like, I needn't remind you that you are currently under the care of My division and as such will follow my orders without issue now do I, Ryuto-San?"

"N-NO SIR!" Yelped the other, surprised by the venom laced in the Captain's words.

"Good! Now let's fix that shoulder, shall we?"

~~~~~

Pained moans could be heard coming from infirmary 1 as Kaede walked out of it. This had been the 9th injury that he had personally seen to and it was quite a bit more difficult than expected. Ryuto's shoulder had be completely ripped from its socket and reversed on its primary axis. Something he would have known if the experimental Kaido he had used worked better. It's whole purpose was to exam an area of the patient and relay a complete diagnosis of what was wrong back to the user. Needless to say, there were a few kinks that needed to be worked out.

Walking toward his office to get started of the paperwork, Kaede sensed the light presence of a Reiatsu construct and lifted a single finger for the Jigokucho to land and relay its message. Blinking at the influx of information, the brunette immediately set out towards the 1st Division Meeting hall, his form disappearing and reappearing at random intervals as he used Shunpo.

'I wonder if this is about those missing shinigami?' He pondered, just as he entered the great hall.

SOUL SOCIETY
SEIREITEI
1st DIVISION MEETING HALL

A fifth seated Shinigami from the first division had come by and notified the Commander about the meeting hall. Most of the Gotei 13 had arrived. Walking down the hall, he had a rather simple expression plastered on his face. With each step, he could hear more than one voice coming from the meeting hall.

"Hmm.." A grunt-like sigh escaped his lips. In one hand, he was holding his Zanpakutō, while the other was scratching his neck ever so slightly. It looked like the meeting had begun without his presence. Some of the Captains were eager to talk more than anyone else. Especially the young ones.

Turning the corner, he was standing right outside the meeting hall. The respective Captain and Lieutenants were lined up. "KOZO-TACHI!!" His voice boomed through the entire hall. Renzo's eyes landed on the Captain of the second division, Shuzo Kagetsuchi. However, he was not the only one he gazed upon.

Obviously, with the Head Commander of the Gotei 13 there, all of them were presently quiet. A bop in the head by Kairi Veritahl over Shuzo's head could be seen. Likely because he starting talking like he was the one had gathered them all together. A young boy in Renzo's eyes, like a few others, if anything.

They would learn sooner rather than later. A rather serious expression was plastered on his face. He walked past those who had gathered there and reached the other end of the meeting hall. Turning around, he took his seat, placing his Zanpakutō right before him, like a stick, placing both his hands on its hilt.

Giving each and one of them a simple look, it did not take long before Akira Kanadzuchi, his Lieutenant appeared by his side, with Shunpo. "Well, I assume you all know why I've gathered you here.. Except a few." Not every Captain or Lieutenant from the Gotei 13 were there.

The fifth, eight and the tenth division were not present. They were sent on a special task given by the Captain Commander himself. It was something that was to be revealed later if his hunch was correct. But it was not related to the concerning issue at hand. "There has been a significant decrease in Hollow activity in Nagoya. But we've also had a decrease in souls passing over to Soul Society."

"I would have liked to assume that the decrease in Hollow activity is a positive outcome. The less those abomination terrorize the humans, the better. The most concerning matter right now is the disappeareance of the Shinigami posted there, in Nagoya." Renzo was quite serious with the details he was relaying to those present at the meeting hall.

"There are still some that are cautious for any unsual activity there. Not everyone assigned to the city has gone missing. Aiji Kusanagi has been to the city, but so far, there has not been much progress in finding an answer."

"Hmm.."

Renzo had a lot on his mind. He could easily point fingers at someone, but due to their lack of activity for decades, or even centuries, he was unsure. His mind eventually assumed it may be the Neo-Quincies, but his accusations may be too far fetched.

Standing up from his seat, his hands were still supported by his Zanpakutō, which was basically being used like a stick for the time being. "I do hope the Shinigami that has gone missing hasn''t betrayed our code." That was something else he was concerned about.

Everyone in the Gotei 13 knew what would happen to those who betrayed their code. Renze merely glanced in Yasuke Noboru's direction. He had a Shinigami that had gone missing. "You're all gathered here because we've come to a point, where we'd like to get to the bottom of this. It is a serious issue that needs to be resolved as soon as possible."

Akira took a step forward, before she spoke up. "A selective squad needs to investigate the matter in Nagoya city."

"There are still hollows out there in the city, and souls that needs help passing to the afterlife, to Soul Society. Despite the lack of activity from the hollows. With a wider net over the city, we may get some answers." Akira took a pause, looking at her Captain.

"Yes. You will be going to Nagoya city. The fifth, eight and the tenth division will be staying behind, watching over Soul Society. They are currently making the neccessary preparations. That is why they are not here. In case you were wondering." With most of the information out of the way, it was time to hear their opinion on the matter. Questions and what else that would come to their mind.

Soul Society

No sooner that Ikeda had mentally remarked on the lackadaisical attendance of Eleventh's Captain that she waltzed in with a scowl on her face. She actually made the effort to show up? "...Fan, meet shit..." He muttered to himself as the other Captains began speculating on some kind of disappearance. Each had their own theories, and though Ikeda was only hearing in depth about the issue now, he still could jump to some kind of assumption himself. The question was if it was worth it to argue with Twelfth or if he was better off just hearing what the Captain Commander had to say.

Regardless of his choice, the Head Captain stomped in and gave his own briefing on the matter. Hollow and Shinigami disappearing en masse in the Human City of Nagoya. Going off what the newbie Captain proposed earlier, it seemed as though their very souls were being eradicated completely, as was the method of the long-gone Quincy, or they weren't "dying". Renzo appeared to be somewhat worried of treachery of the deployed Soul Reapers, but exactly what would a bunch of low-ranks do?

Nothing really surprised him about the briefing, save for the proposed solution. "...We're all going...?" He murmured aloud.

Pausing a moment to ensure that the Head was waiting for input, Ikeda was the first to speak. "Isn't sending a bunch of high-ranks overkill? There's only a couple possibilities as to the cause of the disappearances, most of which are just ludicrous. It's probably just a high tier Hollow absorbing a lot of souls in the area. Wouldn't it be better to just send a couple of seated officers, maybe a Lieutenant?" He inquired.

Honestly, who could be responsible? A quincy? Very unlikely. Humans? Good joke. It had to be a Hollow. Then again, if it was then why was the Head Captain wasting their time with this? Surely the old man hadn't grown senile and paranoid.

Soul Society
lp0wKKz.png

Laughing at Ikeda, Kayami looks at all the rest, her hands out stretched to the side. "One or two missing Shinigami, even a Gillian being the cause is understandable, but several have vanished, coupled with the Hollow as well, if not for the fact they are seemingly all but gone from this world I would blame the Quincy. I could think of a great many theories behind this..."

With a sigh there was no point in explaining that some officers were missing and not all were so Loyal to the Old Man and the ever unseen Soul King. Renzo himself had expressed some doubts, though that did not mean any of the officers were there, however Ikeda did have a point. "I must say however, I do agree with Captain Kazuoshi. This does seem an improper use of resources, surely it would be better to just send a few of us. But be it far from me to question the Captain Commander."

Smiling thinly the Science division chief wasn't not unknown to be combative in her opinions, but that last line hinted with the last two that she had ulterior motives in not speaking out against it more, narrowing her eyes, she had indeed paid attention to the meeting and it stunk... But it did coincide with her own purposes...

"Well as it just happens I've been working on the Gigai, though I do not have so many, should any of you wish to do a.. hmmm, ah yes, a Field Test. It's not enough that I just have information on the Humans afterall, though I should note you would be a bit weaken while using the Gigai...or ah yes.."

With a bit of her mad scientist nature leaking through she mutters something about field testing, before speaking up again where all could hear. "Ah, pardon me. I must say I would be interesting in checking this out, only if to field test new technologies or to see if any of my theories in regards to this disappearances are correct. Though I would be just as, if not more happy to stay behind in my labs, My Captain. We have more than enough who are eager for blood or whos job it is to investigate such things."

Finishing what she had to say with a jab at the Divisions that should have taken care of this in the first place, the reactions of the other officers would be worth seeing, though it was an interesting note that he did not even make mention of the other members of the Squads, was the old man hiding something perhaps?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cush Almighty
SOUL SOCIETY
SEIREITEI
1st DIVISION MEETING HALL

Renzo squinted his eyes ever so slightly. A cocky smirk was at the corner of his lips. "THEN!" He tapped his Zanpakutō on the floor. His eyes wide open.

"KOZO!" He diverted his attention towards the youngest Captain. Walking up to him slowly, but in a threatening manner, he stood before him. Placing his hand on top of his head.

"Here I assumed you'd be the first one to investigate." Rubbing Ikeda's head, Renzo eventually let go.

Akira sighed. She knew Renzo's personality all too well. The Captain Commander walked away from Ikeda, his eyes briefly glancing towards Captain Kayami of the 12th division.

"I am not the type to take a chance, but the reason behind my decision is simple. The threat is unknown. Somehow our Shinigami are disappearing. We do not have a solution. Hrrrm!!" Raising his voice at the end, he took a pause.

"Kayami!"

"I'll let you pick out a specific squad consisting of a few lieutenants, and some seated members. You'll oversee the investigation in Nagoya city for the time being. Anyone is welcome to volunteer."

"However, if my hunch is correct!" He turned his attention back towards Ikeda.

"I'll have you join me in shogi!"

"BAHAHA!"

"Do you runts have any questions?!?"

Yasuke Noboru

With the two more captains arriving, the meeting began and Yasuke gave the Head-Captain his full attention. Yasuke did take notice that three of his fellow captains still hadn't arrived. Captain Bayroad sat in his chair and explained the situation so far. Hollow activity in Nagoya was down which was good, but the number of souls passing over to the soul society had also taken a hit. It was as if someone has been snatching up Hollows as well as Shinigami. "So the Hollows seem to be facing the same problem. Could cannibalism be the cause of their low activity? Things just keep getting stranger and stranger it seems."

Captain Bayroad stood up from his seat while using his Zanpakuto as support and continued speaking. He glances at Yasuke as he mentions the code, a code all Shinigami knew well. Yasuke was confident his subordinate would never do such a stupid and treasonous thing. He's served with the same squad for centuries and knew they could never do something like that. External Affairs was nearly incorruptible, and if one was to dishonors the squad, Yasuke showed them no mercy in punishment or the termination of their position.

Captain Bayroad had finished speaking for the moment and let lieutenant Kanadzuchi take over. She explained that a selective squad would be sent out to investigate the matter. The Captain then chimed in and confirmed that all present would be going to remedy this problem Nagoya. The decision was unusual to Yasuke, sending this many high ranking officers to Nagoya was unheard of and just asking for trouble. It was like they were going to go to war or something over the town. Yasuke was going to voice his opinion on the matter, but Captain Kuzuoshi beat him to it so kept his mouth shut for now. On a side note, Yasuke hated going to the human world since he would have limiters placed on him to cap his power everytime he went. Knowing you're not at your best is just annoying.

Captain Yukimura also agreed with Kuzuoshi as did many others who probably thought the same. She then brought up something called a Gigai, an entirely new tool able to traverse the living world as one of them. An interesting tool, but nothing Yasuke wanted to get involved with for many obvious reasons. "You can count me out Captain Yukimura. I'll rather wait to see if you're even able to perfect such a tool in the first place." Yasuke needed no Gigai do his job and would have this mess taken care of without it, plus, he was probably safer without one. The image of him exploding into salsa chunks kept flashing into his mind everytime he thought about it.

Soon Captain Bayroad answered the two, beginning with the youngest. Bayroad rubs the young captains head and mentions he should be the first one to investigate. Once he finished speaking with Kuzuoshi he answered Yukimura and assigned her as overseer of the operation. Yasuke had no qualms about this decision even if he was sure the woman was mad.

When Bayroad asks for any more questions, Yasuke nonchalantly rose his hand and spoke. "So going with usual procedures and have the Gentei Reīn placed on us, correct? Personally, I think I'm able to control my power output just fine and would prefer not to have one at all. Since we not exactly sure what we'll be facing, it might not be a bad idea." Then again, Yasuke had little trust in his fellow Shinigami to control themselves if left with access to their full power. His distrust was mostly towards the violent ones of the group. The idea of Captain Hanabi on a warpath through Nagoya was chilling.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Red Thunder
dMjphf3.png
Wreaver sat and listened to the Head-Captain and pulled out his book, slowly reading through it and continually listening as each Captain talked, "Honestly, if you want my opinion, find where the last few groups of hollows where last seen on a map, do the same for our missing. That should give us a rough idea of the area you expect us to search, from there we should send small groups, a small mixture of each of our divisions, with a lieutenant leading each of them." He said raising his voice above everyone's yet never taking his eyes off of his book.

He turned a page and continued, "We begin combing the area, assigning each group a specific area. If any come into contact with an enemy of any kind, Hollow or otherwise, they send a message back to us. I don't presume to give orders to any of you since you wouldn't listen anyway, but those in this room are the best equipped to deal with any threat. For all we know, it could be a new threat altogether. I've said my piece, do as you will with it." he concluded by closing his book with his hand, making the pages crash together violently as his eyes met each and every one of them evenly, his own betraying nothing of his own feelings.​

Last edited:
jmHU66L.png

Maekawa had been silent the entire meeting, even before Renzo had shown and Shuzo and others had begun discussion of theories and what possibly may be the case. They needed the facts of what it could be and who could be doing it. A race they have never met, or never logged because everytime they encounter one they are killed? The Quincies returning in activity? Even the most dreadful thought of how it may be spiritually aware humans are the ones up to this, but that idea was more far-fetched than the Quincies who are rare now. Tora has only met two spiritually aware humans in her entire life when she was younger, and both were killed by Hollows in the following days.

Tora was not concerned about the Soul Society and how it may hail without the presence of most of the Captains. Renzo and three other Captains would be staying behind if the rest in the meeting had went. Would it be overkill to send this many Captains? Probably but they were walking into unknown waters and losing more Shinigami lives was unnecessary, especially seated Officers.

"I will be going with Captain Yukimara." It was all she said. She did not give her reasoning or what she may be thinking. She didn't know what to think. She needed to see it with her own eyes to decide if she was needed or not.

Yzltcps.png

Tajiro Kenta stood silently, aware of his place as a Lieutenant in a room full of Captains. His efforts to emulate the steely, cool dispassion of Maekawa Tora were - as ever - second-rate; the matter at hand was unnerving. The Captains, many of the other Lieutenants, were older - more used to such happenings. Perhaps that explained how cavalier some of them managed to be in light of a potential crisis between realms.

And perhaps, he noted, that was something to aspire to; the collected dispassion of the professional.

"I will fulfill my duty to the Shinigami, as well as to my Captain; I would follow." Kenta bowed slightly, cringing at the sound of his own voice; he had been the first of the Lieutenants to speak.

All the same, there was an excitement to the day's affairs, and the prospect of donning gigais into the world of the humans.

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the Soul Society
Seireitei

So much was happening all at once, and so quickly, too. The Captain-Commander didn't give them much information to go on, and the other divisions seemed to accept that without issue ... for the most part. Yet Aiji felt dissatisfied. The entire point of his squad was information, its acquisition and its dissemination. It irked him that for all his efforts the Third Division had failed to find anything of note, while it seemed the First Division, or at least its leadership, had come across something noteworthy. He shifted again uncomfortably, his discontent over the circumstance at war with his desire to trust his leadership.

Several others were volunteering for being locked inside a Gigai for a time, but the thought of wearing a physical body and the restraints it necessitated was unnerving. Besides, better to watch from the shadows as others sought for answers in the light.

"Captain-Commander, someone still needs to look around for signs of the missing Shinigami. The lack of Hollows also needs to be looked into with more focus." His back was rigid, nervousness at actually speaking with Captain Renzo himself. "With your permission, I'll do just that. Er, that is, we will, my lieutenant and I."

If Aiji could even find his wayward second seat.

"I could also use any intel you've gotten yourself. Uh, sir. Even theories or hunches might help the investigation."

l7R8QY6.png
Of course since he was the first to speak up he was the first to draw the attention of Renzo. The Head Captain approached Ikeda menacingly, only to pat him on the head like a child. Deadpanning, Ikeda still didn't understand the old man. Of course due to his position, he was the reason that Kazuoshi was a Captain at all. What the hell was he thinking though? Near every other Captain either disapproved or was too inexperienced to judge themselves. Was the ability for Bankai all that mattered? Maybe he was just that good. Sighing, thinking on that now would serve no purpose.

As the old bear returned to his place, he exclaimed that if he was correct, Ikeda would be subject to one of his games. Gaining a conflicted expression, the young Captain went through his choices. Paperwork, Shogi, or World of the Living.

"...Nagoya it is, then..." The decision required little deliberation.

Turning to Noboru, he always seemed to have an issue with limiters. Mainly they were for the purpose of limiting collateral damage. Knowing his Shikai and Bankai as well as his reiatsu level, it was definitely a requirement for Ikeda. Still, it's not like a limit on their power mattered. A Captain class versus what was likely just a strong Hollow, even surpressed? It was a piece of cake.

"Does Genten Rein matter? Even if we find something that requires us to request release, there's no way it'd be so strong we couldn't hold our own long enough for it to process..." Ikeda pitched in to Yasuke, then sighing. "...You guys are getting too worried over this. Even if it is a new form of Hollow, to assume that it could equal a even a Lieutenant is a bit..."

There was also the bit about Yukimura's experiments. Noboru was obviously wary of it, and for good reason. "And why does this Gigai thing sound like you're trying to drug us?"

Soul Society
lp0wKKz.png

"Some seated Members is it? And hmm.. I see.." Remaining silent for a moment as she considers her options, it was a mystery why he had picked her, was it because of her interest in the Human world?

Listening to the others, Kayami was a bit surprised that so many wanted to go, more so that wanted to use the Gigai.. Sighing a bit it was nice, but at the same time more hectic than she expected. Lifting her arms up to the side with palms upraised, the Captain shakes her head, before lowering them to address all in the room.

"As I said I only have so many Gigai, the older models, what few we had from my predecessors are in use or are being repaired, in general I have a few prototypes that are useable, they include some improvements, and a few features in testing phases. Captain Commander, if possible, I only wish to take at most Seven counting myself. Maybe less, with the rest here for defense or on standby to join us once we have more information."

Running her hands through her coat pockets with an exhale Kayami stares at her compatriots then the Commander. "I would have liked to test my own creation, but in light of current events I suspect we'll need to ration around the couple of usable Gigai I have. I also think this investigation should have both Human world and Shinigami patrols... Hmm.."

Mulling her options, the Captain speaks aloud. "The Captains will have to be able to keep their power in check, unless we can get the Kido Corps to set up a Barrier. Or a limiter all together.. Either way it may be us Captains who must use the Gigai.."

Pulling out her right hand, was a small handful of gumball or dango looking objects. "Most of you know what these are, some may not, but Soul Candy, they'll allow you to release your false body fairly quickly, though I may need to modify the formula a little to allow for a gradual release in power for some of our Captains. Bah, my work is not done is it..."

"Well is there any problem with that Suggestion? As to who else wants to come, speak now, or I'll just start dragging all the Lieutenants I can. I will say Captains Bayroad and Malokai words held some conventional wisdom to them. I rather not turn this into a huge field trip or put us all into Gigai. And I will not lie, I do intend to use some of the Gigai for bait. A normal search may not be as profitable so much as throwing a chaotic factor into the experiment, or even to lay a trap.. But alas I speak from my own experiences."

Last edited:
Reactions: Akashi
Qpno2SH.png

Shuzo flinched when Kairi bopped him in the head. Yes, he had been a little hasty and somewhat bossy, but this was important. People were vanishing and some Shinigami captains weren't aware of it. Shuzo had to calm down, yes, but also he couldn't sit idly by as people were vanishing. Even if they weren't his people, this was abhorrent. But...

Shuzo grit his teeth and played the nice politician.

He'd even ignore that Captain Aiji had sat next to him, mistakenly believing that to be his spot. Though... a little good-hearted teasing wouldn't be amiss, either. However, that was later on.There were some more pressing matters to deal with at present.

The souls passing over was new to Shuzo, and while he had his suspicions, there was nothing he knew of that would cause such a decrease in souls passing on to Soul Society. Sure, there were the Quincies... but they were too few to cause such a stir in the Soul Society. And while the captain brought up traitor Shinigami, Shuzo noted the not present divisions. They were supposed to stay behind in case of an attack, but that seemed highly specific. While a wise move, mobilizing so many power players...

Ikeda brought up a valid point, so Shuzo remained quiet as all the debate began. The Captain Commander was a master shogi player on top of being a master tactician. If he was concerned to the point of gambling a bunch of valuable pieces on this city... plus the Gigai as bait was a risky move. However, it seemed to be the best option for the moment.

Shuzo stood up.

"I will go, I have control over my reiatsu enough that I won't need a Gigai, and I like to believe myself stealthy enough to not be immediately noticed. I can be the one to watch one of the gigai. It's a risky move, allowing a Captain to go into unknown waters, but I also dislike sitting on my hands whole innocents are lost. Be it to betrayal or some greater threat, I don't want to remain here safe while others risk their lives for me."

He paused.

"In which case, my must decide teams, and while leaving three divisions behind to guard, we should leave some people behind in case of a surprise attack. Since those divisions are not here, they would be utterly unprepared unless our Commander Captain has decided to inform them there may be a looming threat."

xZdzG08.png

SOUL SOCIETY
Captain's Meeting

Seeing how things progressed so far, Kairi sighed silently as the Captains spoke amongst themselves while Renzo had given them their reason for gathering here. Eyeing each individual Captain that spoke up or was mentioned, her final gaze ended upon the 12th, crossing her arms as she let her mind run a few things in thought. Waiting to speak up in turn, "Whoever goes by Captain Kayami's decision, I won't make any recommendations or influence it. If I may speak freely, we all do want to get this resolved but until we get further proof, there's no point in theoretical accusations yet. However, I'll say this at the very least for whoever will be wearing the gigai's, they should be among the few of us who know how the World of the Living is like, to avoid suspicions and attention towards us from the spiritually aware.."

"Some of us most likely only had rare visits during different times before our current positions most like, but my point is, 'times' change much faster there. The way people talk and act is always interchanging, so if we stand out that could be problematic. But, I'm sure a few of us will be able to assist in those matters should they appear, I'd think... That's all I have to say for now." Backing up a little from her spot, Kairi was actually rather cool-headed and tame this time around instead of occasionally cracking a joke or comment towards someone to gauge a reaction to ease up any high tensions caused by long silences or winded arguments not getting anywhere.

Reactions: RedArmyShogun
kM0PiAr.png
Hanabi let out a low yawn into her hand as the others talked on and on. She wasn't the planning type and was just fine with that. Occasionally she'd given out simple suggestions in the past that were effective simply because most everyone else usually over thought things but this didn't seem like one of those times. With so little to work with no ideas were really coming out to her.

The slim chance of some new threat sounded interesting but judging from everyone's words it was unlikely to be anything that would amount to much. Hanabi for sure has never been fond of the limiters being placed on her when visiting the world of the living and will never be fond of being used as one of Kayami's ginny pigs. Besides, with how much reiatsu Hanabi pumps out, even at twenty percent strength she'd still be a sizable threat to collateral damage; being why the Soul Society almost never sends her out.

"Well, I'm sure you'll all be pleased to hear I won't be going then and that I've got nothing to add to this party." With that Hanabi casually makes her way towards the exit of the meeting hall. "I know that if I get asked to aid those in the world of the living then shits gotten serious and I'll be right there. In the meantime I'll hold down the home front like usual and tell the patrols to be extra cautious." Suddenly however she'd stop at the door as something had crossed her mind and as if she were about to speak; an expression of concern across her face that everyone couldn't see, but decided not to and simply kept going.

Last edited:
Reactions: Detective Zero