Bleach: Fractured Souls (IC)

yTEk4k1.png

For all of Minori's playful jabbing, she listened intently to what Ikeda had to say about the journey to the World of the Living. She herself hadn't been back in quite a long time, and now she had the feeling that she wouldn't be going back any time soon. Not if what Ikeda said was true. A Hollow that can take on three Captains at once... And eating Ikeda's Haien? What sort of monster is this? Her brow furrowed in contemplation, though she lifted a single eyebrow in amusement at his mention of seeing 'zero cute Human girls'.

"Central 46 never seems to know exactly when to keep their nose out of our business. They gag on a gnat and swallow a camel," Minori complained, thinking of all the horrors she knew probably went on behind closed doors over at Yukimura's lab. "But you're right - that's what you get when a bunch of nobles who don't the pointy end of a sword from their gut end up dictating what is and isn't acceptable to do for Shinigami. Though if they're chewing out Yukimura, she really must have taken the cake this time..."

Minori was quiet for a bit as she watched the procession of mourners pay their respects, and a thought fleetingly passed her mind.

"I get the feeling that the World of the Living's about to be a popular destination for us. Please be careful if you go again. I know it hardly needs to be said, but it would be a shame to lose a Captain who lets me do whatever I want," Minori joked, though there was an underlying current of concern. She glanced over to a latecomer, Captain Akahoshi, and she looked back to Ikeda.

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant, but it's possible the nerve damage might be permanent. We may just have to wait and see."

"Here - not much use to him now, but it'll make you feel better to be able to do something. Trust me," Minori said, picking off a single spider lily and handing it to Ikeda. "Now I expect that you'll already have Morino's and Doboi's reports ready for me when I get back! I need to track those jokers down before they skip town and hide out in the Rukongai. I'll see you after a while."

With that, Minori wandered over to Yuuna, rolling her shoulders as she tried to flex her fingers around the stems of the flowers she held in her palm. Still can't feel it. I hope it isn't like this forever. It can't be.

Child, if it is, I won't begrudge you the tears. It'll be that much harder to lift that fork you so love.

She shoved the voice to the back of her mind as she approached Yuuna.

"Hey. Just wanted to say thank you for the patch job. Almost good as new," she said sprightly despite the grim occasion. "It's just a shame we're meeting under such morbid circumstances."

@Sailor Moon @EmperorsChosen

• Love
Reactions: envogue
rHDO3HA.jpg

Combatants: Maria (@Karyra) and Vacio (@Kazuaki Yoshioka)

The Arrancar watched as a closed-mouth grin spread across his face, Maria charging up her Bala to send in his direction. It'd sting if that thing connected. These were no small fry - though he knew one of them was the weakest of Saru's Chosen. Speaking of which - he'd just come up behind him and opened a few Descorrer on top of it. So that was their game, huh? Reverse whack-a-mole? How fun. He'd get to dance a little bit.

He geared up, left foot back, right foot foward. He would need to be quick. He didn't know how long it took for the girl to completely charge that Bala, but for this magic trick, it wouldn't necessarily matter. Misdirection. The name of the game. Would they pick up on it? Or would they die in puzzlement?

"Cute kid," was all the Arrancar huskily said.

Rather than dodge the Bala headed his way, Nang began in a full-tilt run towards Maria with a gleeful smile. The bodies of his former comrades flew from beneath his feet, rolling back and away in the sprint. The sand was kicked into the air, a smokescreen behind him as he barreled towards Maria and her charging attack. The world seemed to crack under the boom of his sonido.

xZdzG08.png

2nd Division Courtyard

As the whole situation dissolved in front of them, it figures it'd be cut off - When isn't it when Hanabi and Kairi fight? Sure, Hanabi was about to use Kairi like a god damn club, but Hanabi and she had done worse to eachother in the past. Hearing her Captain scold her warranted a quick "tsk" out of her as she let her zanpakuto calm down back into its sealed state. Looking off to the direction of the funeral, Kairi's mood was mildly soured, ~Sorry Captain but if you expect everything to be quiet and precise, it's not all we do and I didn't even get to begin... But fine..~ She spat out a bit of blood as her thoughts ran through her head, "One of these days I'll stretch my Shikai's legs out..." She would return to help the repairs, but first she had an obligation to be at Kenta's funeral. Would things have turned out different if she went along? No, second-guessing questions like that did not belong. The Seireitei would be much quieter with Kenta gone. Plenty reasons why, a good man, a joker, someone who kept others' spirits up - they've lost a Lieutenant. Honestly, Kairi was pretty curious how his Captain was taking this, Maekawa was one of those 'hard-to-read' quiet-types to Kairi - you never know what they're actually thinking through their calm demeanor.

Seeing the others that had gathered there, Kairi offered no words but nods of acknowledgement towards them all unless she was addressed. Looking a bit scuffed up - showing she was obviously involved in the fighting everyone in the Seireitei would have felt all around, her visage was softened despite being the tall Amazonian she was. Kenta was a good friend to joke with - Drinking buddy? Maybe, maybe not, but wherever Kairi saw him, others were usually smiling or laughing. Above all, he was respected, not just as a Lieutenant but for the work he'd strive for in Maekawa's squad. Like nearly everyone else, Kairi wanted to know how his death came to be and why, but answers to it may never come, or if they do, they're far from soon especially with how Central was handling all this - whether Kairi would catch wind of how all that was going or not.

vKw0Ofa.png

Kallen Kurenai - 10th Captain
Soul Society - The funeral

As the 2nd Lieutenant had made their arrival, the others - particularly Hajime and anybody around him would be greeted by a fox with mixed colors of red and black bearing three tails. Settling itself down by them, Hajime would know it was his Captain but seeing her like that was sometimes rare. "I wonder if we'll get any answers to our doubtlessly numerous questions about this.."